Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale Courvoisier Cognac for men

Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale Courvoisier Cognac for men
dislike

leather
Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale Courvoisier Cognac for men Pictures Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale Courvoisier Cognac for men Pictures Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale Courvoisier Cognac for men Pictures

The perfume was developed in cooperation with Kraft International Marketing Company, which has 25 years of experience of licensing and distribution and a significant success in perfume industry. The great COURVOISIER® Cognac introduced L’edition Imperiale, named after one of their top brandies. The fragrance, described as woody-oriental, was presented in October 2006 at the International Duty Free Show in Cannes. It "targets 25-35 year old males who are ambitious, determined and desire to succeed".

The goal is to achieve the quality that will be in line the years of tradition in cognac production, and the wish of the company is that this bottle becomes a symbol of prestige and power. The perfume is inspired by the time of Napoleon’s reign, when people had more sense of honor, pride, and chivalry, and therefore, the fragrance is modern and yet nostalgic. The bottle was designed in France. The silver stopper is shaped in a form of Napoleon’s plume.

The fragrance is comfortable, light and warm, but the most important is that it foreshadows refined enjoyment, good mood and self-confidence. The creators of the perfume tried to capture that unique feeling of overwhelming joy provided by the top-class brandy.

The top notes open like wafts of mild and fresh mandarin, cardamom, winy tagette and coriander. Middle notes include Atlas cedar wood, smoked tea, royal calla lily and nostalgic violet, while the base contains exotic vetiver, fir balsam, leather nuance and warm amber.

The nose behind this fragrance is Alexis Dadier.

Coriander Mandarin Orange Tagetes Cardamom

Spanish Cedar

Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale Fragrance Reviews

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I went to TJ.Max the other day and I notice this frag with a name Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale Courvoisier Cognac certainly caught my attention! Out of curiosity I decided to make a blind purchase. When I tried it out at home I knew that this fragrance was unique as well the name.
It's states off with a sweet/woodsy/spicy aroma of cardamom and vetiver. After a 1/2 hour kicks in this dirty smokey aroma of leather soaked in cognac making it a very sophisticated aroma almost reminding me of Escada pour Homme just not as complex. The added note of amber work well together with cognac/leathery aroma giving it a real attractive powdery masculine fragrance.
Longevity and Silage is excellent lasting between 6-8hrs
Overall thoughts,
I never thought that I would of found this fragrance being a gorgeously/sweet aromatic scent. This fragrance is perfect during the winter months.
This fragrance is kinda like a stew...the longer it stays on the better it becomes. If you like a sweet/woodsy/boozy aroma....this fragrance is definitely for you!!!

Kain
Kain

Sometimes great fragrances are completely under the radar which is really good!
This is a solid fragrance from an unknown brand that really surprised me!
The opening is a very brutal yet complex and high quality scent, mixed of amber, spices, leather, vetiver and some floral notes.
It's warm, ambery, semi sweet and sensual with soft boozy feeling.
There is a strong dose of coriander to make the opening very spicy and brutal.
The leather note is very smooth with touch of animalic feeling (animalic only at the beginning)
The tagetes note give the scent a light powdery floral feeling which is very elegant.
I can smell a smooth earthy aroma beside all these notes that give the scent more character.
It's a very complex scent.
As time goes by the spicy coriander settles down and leather become stronger plus a little stronger floral notes.
The mid and base are semi sweet and warm, bitter leathery and spicy scent with noticeable amount of powdery floral notes.
The scent has a classic leathery/powdery/floral vibe with modern twist that is awesome.
Projection is good and longevity is around 6 hours on my skin.
Good one!

بعضی وقتا عطرهای خیلی خوب اصلا شناخته شده نیستن که خیلی خوبه اتفاقا
این عطر یه کار بسیار خوشبو، با کیفیت، سنگین و مردانه هست که علیرغم اینکه بوی جدید و خیلی خاصی نداره بازم عالیه چون کیفیت ساخت بالا و بوی بسیار کمپلکسی داره
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر بوی سنگین و کمی شلوغ ولی بسیار خوب بالانس شده ای از رایحه های مختلف هست
بوی گرم و نیمه شیرین کهربا به وضوح حس میشه که کمی تم ضعیف الکلی و مشروب مانند داره
رایحه قوی گشنیز به عطر حس بسیار تند و تیز و ادویه ای و البته جذاب و مردانه میده
رایحه ملایمی از چرم که کمی تم بوی حیوانی هم داره بوی عطرُ کمی تلخ تر و مردانه تر میکنه
رایحه گلی بنام گل همیشه بهار که البته اولین باره استشمامش میکنم، بوی گلی ملایم و دلنشین با کمی حس پودری به عطر میده
مقدار کمی هم رایحه وتیور تو عطر وجود داره که تم بوی خاکی و بازم مردانه تری به عطر میده
همونطور که گفتم بسیار بوی کمپلکسی داره و همه این رایحه هارو میشه حس کرد
با گذر زمان اون بوی تند و تیز ادویه ای گشنیز تا حد زیادی ملایم میشه و بوی چرم و بوی گل همیشه بهار قویتر میشن
رایحه میانی و البته پایه عطر که یکسان هستن، بوی تلخ چرمی و کمی شیرین به خاطر کهرباست که بوی پودری و مشخص گل همیشه بهار و کمی رایحه های ادویه ای اونووهمراهی میکنن
عطر حس اون عطرهای چرمی کلاسیک قدیمی رو داره منتها یه پیچ و تاب مدرن هم بهش دادن و بوش در عین حال که کلاسیکه حس کاملا مدرنی هم داره و واقعا عالیه
پخش بوی خوبی داره و ماندگاریش هم حدود 6 ساعت روی پوست هست
کار بسیار خوب و باارزشیه

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

A blind buy from years ago. Very refined and a bit macho. Powerhouse scent. Great for nights out and not for the under 30 crowd. The notes blend perfectly with amber,spices and leather being the main draw. Longevity of around 6-9 hours is outstanding. I might have to buy this again or use my last 10 ml's very sparingly

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

I have the EDP.
What a nice surprise! I made a blind buy on this frag. I thought the bottle looked classy, and have drank my share of V.S.O.P. The price cut had a great deal to do with it as well.

I'm just going to throw this out there but this reminds me of a complex HeWood. Every now and then I get a whiff of that violet, cedar, Vetiver. I like HeWood it's pretty solid and cheap as well, but I have just found a perfect replacement since HeWoods longevity and sillage is devoured by my skins chemistry. I need Potent strength frags to get any sillage for any reasonable length of time. This does have enough potency to last on me, but nothing close to what I'm used to. Courvoisier wears a nice floral blanket, that compliments the amber/woody vibe perfectly...for me.This sets Courvoisier far apart from HeWood as far as being interesting is conserned.

The original retail price for this fragrance is almost shocking to me...it's not that unique, or mind blowing, and I'm very thankful someone realized this. Finding this frag at a third of the price. This is a no brainer considering your fond of the notes listed. Most importantly I enjoy wearing it, it works perfectly with my skin, and if that isn't enough I have received mad compliments while wearing it. Win/Win in my book...

Longevity is around 5 hours then it turns into a nice skin scent for an additional 2-3hrs. It then sadly dies. It doesn't become cloying at all when sprayed in moderation so this can help the performance. 100% work/first date safe.

DENIULTRAS
DENIULTRAS

Very specific perfume, which, to say the nasty appearance in the world of perfume, but that deserves a some word.On 1-st place-the insolence began at the start of its price, which was over 100 euros, which shone from the start, the upper border, the most expensive perfume in the Top Designer class now, and it would not be so bad, except that the fragrance top, but all fall into the water, when we mention sillage for me cursed sc.my skin, projection, maximum up to 90 minutes , which is really 'scary again perfume has a really incredible aura of elites, luxury style, and I found his equal in any other perfumes,certainly Designer, Courvoisier as is expected, the fragrance leads, through its short existence, very pleasant, cedar and vetiver give it a little fresher tone and skin contours Fougere brings styles from earlier periods, heavy perfume, type Azzaro pour Homme, and other similar, but only briefly 'cause it gives amber appropriate dose powdery trace, which combined Courvoisier cognac with really looks fantastic, there he is somewhat along the lines of Private Blend Champaca Absolute Tom Ford , but the smaller the animal, and to me personally and more pleasant.Generaly, perfume is actually inserted into the market as a direct response to this some sort, highend Designer class and have shown, even had nothing to be ashamed of except, price, which is probably designed for that. The strongest segment, projection, really unfortunately the whole, fine perfume designed complex, not ranked in the 'top class . Too bad, because it is not only the perfume too the day, today, wrote 'praises, and as such would have been the mainstream perfume, which certainly lacking in modern perfumes in the world Designer, but as is well known, a grandmother who wears cakes , runs only 'one!

almuftipasha
almuftipasha

to me its a great one for my age, i had it back in Dubai couple of years ago but cant find it in Houston,Texas. they don't even know about it ! i would love to get another one, its great in hot and cold countries. surly for a business meeting or a romantic night.

jozemo
jozemo

A nice bold,rich and herbal fragrance,with moderate sillage and decent longevity,a mature gentlemen would love this scent,it's classy sexy and you smell like a baller (rich guy).

kdlehr
kdlehr

I just bought this blind , final decision maker were the positive reviews on here.
How wrong have I been once again. Am I really smelling the same as you guys.?
Although I totally agree with some of the reviewers describing the notes,
the strength is only in the opening 2 min max then fades into a mellow nothing .
I can just detect some of the notes, reminding me very very faintly of Dirty English but only like another galaxy far away.

For that reason this is not worth buying .
Pity, I wanted it sooo much.
longevity 2/10
projection 2/10
Sillage 2/10
smell 7/10

Mosschops
Mosschops

This stuff is strong, but goddamn wonderful! It's for a refined man who doesn't need to assert his macho ego, being sophisticated and almost classically feminine. I get alot of compliments when wearing this, and rightly so.

partan.iran
partan.iran

غریب آشنا!
عطر خاصی هست واقعا قدری وگرم و شیرین
و مردانه وبه قول بعضی ها س ک س ی
پرفیومش دوام واقعا خوبی داره
در ابتدا یک کمی بوی پرتقال و چوب و چای را حس میکنید بویی بسیار خشک
و بعد بوی اون سنگینتر میشه
با بوی بدن هو ترکیب میشه که دیگه میشه پدیده! . مطمئنا مناسب سن بالای 25 سال باید باشه
بوش خاص هست ولی گویا با بوی اون آشنا هستیم
شخصا بوی اون رو نمیپسندم و برای من کمی آزار دهندست و بوی اون به نظرم اصلا مدرن نیست
اصلا دوستش ندارم منو یاد فیلم الیور توئیست میندازه
:(((

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

If you want a similar smell albeit without the boozy opening then you cant go wrong with Anvers by Ulrich Lang.Unfortunately both are high priced and not readily available.
Got the edp of this and it lasts all day.this will be best on a cold day or evening but definitely not in the scorching heat.

I find it dry,herbal,slightly resinous and mellowed hints of amber and cedar and definitely for a mature wearer.If you are into very sweet fragrances then this is not for you.the curious thing with this is although the notes listed dont include cognac/brandy,you still get a boozy opening that makes you keep checking if have misread the notes.
I am not wowed as I had smelled similar in Anvers otherwise I rank it among the most challenging scents in my wardrobe.
top marks for bottle design.makes me think of Escada pour homme

Nemosh
Nemosh

I did have a smal sample and I fel in love with this scent.
Warm and sexy and a bit sweet on some skins.
my kids liked it better on me than my husband.

It has a long lasting smell and the longer it's on your skin the better it gets.

I would reccomend this to a friend, but is't not easy to obtain here in the Netherlands and very pricy.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

A classic, dark, mature and mysterious fragrance. I think it is a cross between M7 by YSL and Ambre by Baldessarini. It starts with strong woody/spicy notes then after few minutes Smoky apple and Pine tobacco notes come in action then dries down into soft floral/musky fragrance. Bottle and packaging is awesome.
Longevity and silage of EDP is good while that of EDT is poor. Very good for formal wear and for winter nights/evenings.
I give it 8 out of 10.

K1
K1

It's liquid gold in a bottle!
Among those classy calm rich perfumes that are shown by fingers, EI is just an unknown one for its limited distribution.
The scent is bitter and sweet balmy smoky on leather and amber great spicy back up. It opens dark and edgy boozy with tagetes and sumptuous leather and after a while amber, dense smoky sweet bitter amber that smells like overly burnt caramel appears. You waste this perfume if you wear it in any season but winter. This is an absolute classy warm welcoming overpowering fragrance.

carera
carera

smell of elegance and welfare life

mehrdad
mehrdad

بسیار خوشبو و کلاسیک و نادر که همانند آن را در ادکلنهای دیگر نمیتوانید پیدا نمایید
گرم خاص، پر انرژی
کسانی که از کارهایی همچون گرلن له اینستنت و گوچی پور هوم و درتی انگلیش و له نویت وای اس ال خوششان بیاید حتما این عطر را خواهند پسندید

guest_mob
guest_mob

i would like to thanks this company for this uniqe product, nd best of luck ,nice picter jeca,,

the_good_life
the_good_life

This fragrance illustrates why people like Andy Tauer are so important. It's actually a pretty good composition, but the ingredient quality drags this down in the direction of mundane drugstore fragrances. There are unpleasant and clearly unintended off-notes here, metallic and oniony - layering this onto an Axe (Lynx) deodorant shouldn't be a problem. Mind you, it's still fair, and obviously reasonably popular, but to me it is mainly a terrible waste of potential. Spray this on your left and L'Air du Désert Marocain on your right arm. Study and learn what is wrong in the mainstream perfumery business. God only knows why the Beam corporation, who owns Courvoisier, chose a no-name company like Kraft, known on the web only for a trashy discount fragrance named Caution, to head this prestige project. Then again, the target group seems to be the "pass the Courvoisier crowd" which prefers to focus on facades, rather than substance. The Empire-style bottle is magnificent, and makes Tauer's flacons look cheap and amateurish. However, qwhen it comes to the juice, it's exaclty the reverse. 50ml of L'Air are $90, 75 ml of L'Edition Imperiale are $110. Guess which one is way overpriced?

iMaverick
iMaverick

THIS SCENT SCREAMS ELEGANCE! It smells so mature and refined.

The rich, but not overpowering aroma of smooth tobacco and cognac, a leather bound book, warm woods and amber. You can imagine yourself in the library of a grand, stately home, sipping what else? Cognac!

The story behind it was that they wanted to create a prestige scent that smelled comforting. They have definitely set out and accomplished that.

The bottle is nostalgic and very classy. Reminds me of the original Aramis bottle and Safari. This scent is an Eau de Parfum.

For a while it was exclusive to the Bergdorf's boutiques I believe, but I managed to buy it blind off an online discount fragrance website. Good thing because it was rather pricey. I'm glad, after 2 years since its launch, I finally get to own a bottle.

jeca
jeca

It smells rich :-) A spicy and woody scent with a floral touch. Cognac is in the center, warm, sexy and very comforting. It is better on men's skin, I've tried it on mine and it was too tender.

Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale by Courvoisier Cognac 4.13 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Courvoisier Cognac Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Courvoisier Cognac Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale by Courvoisier Cognac. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Courvoisier L’edition Imperiale by Courvoisier Cognac represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.