Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Iris Crabtree & Evelyn for women

Iris Crabtree & Evelyn for women
dislike

Iris Crabtree & Evelyn for women Pictures

Crabtree & Evelyn Iris is delicate fragrance inspired by a single flower is expected in September 2010. Iris is a beautiful and gentle fragrance for modern women.

The composition incorporates the finest aromas of orris root, located in the heart of the perfume. Lively and fresh top notes sputter with Italian bergamot and cassis, while the base includes wooden aromas of patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver and cedar, blended with creamy musk.

Iris fragrance will be presented in a luxurious glass bottle, adorned with painted flower, symbolizing the key ingredient. This floral design was created by Bella Towse, a young graduate at the University of Art and Design in London, who took inspiration in the flower garden of her parents' house in Sussex.

Crabtree & Evelyn Iris is available as 50 ml EDP and 100 ml EDT, along with the collection of luxury products for body and home.

Bergamot Cassis

iris Orris Root

vetyver Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Virginia Cedar

Iris Fragrance Reviews

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

This is a hidden gem. It's well balanced and centered around the note of iris. The drydown showcases musk that infuses the composition into the skin.

cockapoo9237
cockapoo9237

I really loved this at first spray. "wow- this is different I thought- earthy, woody with a touch of sweet. But about 30 minutes later, I could not stand the scent. It smelled almost exactly like Gucci Rush after the dry down, which I had on the other hand and Gucci Rush makes me feel sick.

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

Iris is one of those notes that, having been present in so many of my memories, has become sort of my running scent theme, throughout time.

My Mom loves irises, she's grown them forever and the ones she's grown are from bulbs of hybrid purples and yellows, from my great-grandmother's garden. Iris is a major note in the clothes detergent my grandmother uses. It's the cool, silvery smell of snow on earth, during our New England winters. The frosty smell of early Spring irises is Easter to me; steamy and sugar sweet, over-ripe iris flowers are the scent of Summer.

C&E's "Iris", however, tops others for what it evokes, for me; the balmy, yet cool, excitement of Summer nights. Its grape-juice, wine berry undertones remind me of inky, starry skies. I'm sitting on my front step, drinking tea, ready to go out on the town, with my friends. I'm looking up at the sky, as a full moon illuminates cool pine trees.

I smell the damp, earthiness of soil in the crisp, night air. The softly green, spicy-sweet smell of clumps of irises carries on a gentle, evening breeze. I see a plane fly, overhead. What exciting places are they headed to? What new stories will be told? What's out there, in The Universe? What's the group at NASA up to, at that moment? Where are people going out to, tonight?

"Iris" is an earthy buzz of silvery-floral excitement and it really tunes me in and helps me feel alive, vibrant, engaged. If you like inky, velvety, earthy florals and woods, you'll love "Iris".

lindaberlin
lindaberlin

I just found this today at TJMaxx for 10 bucks! I was expecting a single note of iris, but it is not. I can smell the patchouli and vetyver along with other notes. But to say it smells like irises, well, the irises I used to grow never smelled like this. Yes, I do love the scent, but to me it does not smell like an iris. It is a very lovely perfume though and I feel that I will wear it often.

vmarshmellow
vmarshmellow

I did not know I like Iris until I tried this edt. It goes on a little sharp and my first reaction was "yuk". But after about 10 minutes it starts to soften. It's most lovely after about 2 hours. I detect the iris, the orris root the musk and the bergamont. I find the patchouli and vetyver to be soft. I find the cedar quite faint which is good because heavy cedar reminds me of sweat. Overall I agree that the woody accord is most prominent in this scent but it's a comfortable woody accord. Not harsh at all. I don't detect the aquatic note that others mention but could understand the musk being interpreted that way.

This is a subtle perfume with a somewhat ladylike manner but not the least bit prissy. I think a man could easily pull this one off.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

I've not tried Crabtree and Evelyn before but tried this today and fell in love with it. It is so nice. It's definitely a keeper.

gianines
gianines

I have the EDT and the solid perfume, I think the solid perfume smells better. I don't like the first smell when I spray it, but as minutes go by, it gets better

Fonna
Fonna

Closest thing to Devon Violets yet.
I have this in a shower gel, and absolutely love it, but it's too bad the scent doesn't last.

If the scent is as equally the same as the perfume, I'm going to get it!
I love the smell of violets, and of course orris root smells just like them.
It's a mature violet. Not sweet, but floral, with a light woodsy musk in the background.

stela.kumati
stela.kumati

for me these flagrance is to much nice,i have these parfum and body cream,it very pleasurable experiences,
never be bored;thank you crabtree&evelyn:)

sistermoon
sistermoon

This is a an aquatic iris with soapy overtones, to my nose. It is clean, pretty, with a rustic charm. I can smell wet iris flowers, fresh, earthy orris root and some spice. Unfortunately, the prominent aquatic note makes me queasy so I can't wear this fragrance, but for people who are not sensitive to it, and who are looking for an iris fragrance inspired by a simple, countryside charm, this is it.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I got my mom a small gift set of this scent and can't wait to see if she loves it. I think she will, because we're both big fans of iris. This brand has nice options for sets so you can try the scent in different products and layer. It's a really well done and beautiful scent.

Liene
Liene

It is really an iris scent I have been looking for so long. A lot of orris root is complemented with a significant note of sandalwood, vetiver and musk at the end. Beginning is quite green but it dries down quickly and lives bold and aromatic, yet short life on skin - around three hours, then sillage is almost undetectable without sniffing skin (for next three to five hours). It lasts noticeably longer if spritzed on clothes, although it does not open up so nicely, so it ends up as some 12 hours of quite musky and sharp orris root scent (which is sometimes welcomed, by the way).
I would like to add that this fragrance has enough character not to be labeled as some season's aroma or suitable for particular hour of the day. Also it feels that it could be worn by both women and men easily and actually by person at any age. It is all about ones taste and ability not to disappear in the different and strong (I'm still talking about character, not staying power) fragrance. Very chic fragrance.

vialon3
vialon3

I agree with lilybelle911 as I find this soothing. It is still high summer temperatures and adding perfume seemed, at times, to close in on me, somehow. It was not so much a new scent that I was looking for but something to calm and escape the heat? Anyway,testing this iris EDT at first made me think of a new powdery "Vintage". The floral, iris and patchouli all worked well and in the dry down, seemed calming, soothing. During the daytime, it is still mostly soap and showers (did not get the Iris soap, too late someone else bought it) but as the temps change toward autumn, I may spritze this iris more and more.

cesalica
cesalica

Got this in 30ml. Vintage is definitely the word for Iris. Initially, i didn't like the smell. I found it too disturbing and I couldn't figure out what it smelt like. It's like a puff of cranky olden days. But after using it a few more times, I started to like it. It's a unique acquired smell, different from all the other perfumes i ever tried. I'm not a fan of floral, so with the woody and powdery smell on top of the floral, it helps. Overpowering in the beginning, but by the end of the day, its a soft powdery smell.

I have this in 30ml. Used a few times. Up for swaps.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This fragrance reminds me of my grandmother. She never got to wear it, but I think she would have loved it. It's earthy, woody, and is so connected to nature, of which we both shared a love for. Powdery and vintage smelling, it reminds me of the irises in her garden she loved so much.

Definatley a keeper...

orchidlover
orchidlover

i love this spicy iris, it's a very pleasant aroma. Not overly powdery, not flowery, not aquatic, not overly spicy: it has an optimal balance of them.
I have problems with the sillage and the longevity, they said in the perfumery that 6 hours guaranteed..
well, I dont know..it's about 5 mins that I applied but..I can't smell it on me.
I'll give another chance to it, tomorrow I'll update my review.

update: it's smells on me, but the sillage is weak I think, or just doesn't work on my skin.

Available for swap this bottle.

eilismaireg

further to my review below, I must note that the scent is made in the USA. If this is an American company(?), then I salute them in making fragrances in an English style which are really nice quality, something that many of our own companies are failing to do.(Floris, Penhaligons)

mrussell
mrussell

I love Iris simply because it makes me feel grounded. Not too girly. More like I am connected to the essence of nature and sound in mind. At first try, Iris smells a bit woody, but immediately dries off to a perfect blend of orris and bergamot, at once clarifying and peaceful.

Annasuya
Annasuya

This beautiful fragrance takes me back to another space and time: when I was much younger, naive, and carefree... when I dreamed of what the life that lies ahead of me would hold for me. My fantasy world was one that bloomed with irises!

papergurl
papergurl

I received a gift set of this last year in a beautiful purple embossed jewelry type box with soap, lotion, bath gel and a 3.4 oz EDT. I remember thinking I would save it for autumn when the temp lowered. Well we had snow two days ago, so time is time. It feels like Christmas. I love the black currant and the cedar, patchouli ground and the smooth creamy comfort. I wore this shopping and received 2 compliments, 4 hours and still going. I was checking my Prada sample and comparing. Crabtree just makes quiet quality and this will be great for work. I will use my Prada dollars for Chanel or Givenchy and their longevity. If you like iris, give this one a try and then indulge in a whole ritual after Christmas. I love their online sales.

taboo2287
taboo2287

i fell in love from the first sniff, such a lovely scent that combines freshness with warmness... the only problem is that it's not long lasting due to the fact that it's EDT but when used with the Iris body cream it lasts longer and smells even better, my favorite from C&E.

aromaminx
aromaminx

i liked this on first try...............but wasn't really certain how my nose would react with it,because it is such a 'delicate' and 'soft powdery' smell . I also prefer my frags. to have sillage,and be strong.
Well,to my surprise, it clings closely to my skin and I love it.Although I'm wearing it in winter,I actually thinks it is more suitable for Spring as it is based on a Spring flower.
Admittedly,I have felt that because it has no sillage that over-spraying is essential{in my case} so others can get a whiff as I go about my buisness.

p.s. the fact that MEGAN GALE wears it was very persuassive in my decision to purchase

nonnative
nonnative

I got to know this Iris at the recent Excense expo in Milan. I liked that in this composition the iris note is not associated with talk notes, as in too many others iris-based parfumes. Sharp and green I appreciated this scent. But even if I used it in combination with the body lotion it didn't last. Too shy for my taste. Otherwise a good product.

eilismaireg

I like this, and could detect an impressive dose of said flower and root in the heart notes,(also backed up in the ingredients on the bottle, two types of Iris root, no less!) however, the drydown suffers from that usual mid range smell which makes it seem more like a bath product than a luxury fragrance. That said, it's not expensive, I did enjoy wearing it and I love these traditional companies. This is a very English, classic 'middle class mum' scent to go with a frilly apron and scones on the lawn.
I layered it over Chanel no 19 today - wow, my perfect Iris is born...sorry Le Labo, this is the way I'll be getting my Iris kick!

chyprecat
chyprecat

Crabtree and Evelyn is one of those companies that just does not get the correct notice. Quiet and conservative, their products most often found in gift shops and up-market chemists in the UK. Not tagged onto the back of a fashion house, they just make good stuff, and if you care to go and find it, you will be rewarded.
Just bought a bottle of this and it is lovely!!!

Sprayed some on the back of my hand so that it would not be overly affected by body temperature, and it is just sitting there on my skin, emanating gentle waves of this lovely tart, juicy, floral sherbit.

I love the hand-in-hand of the bergamot and blackcurrant which is enveloped with a gentle surge of sandalwood and patchouli. And the amazing thing is that you really do smell them all quite distinctly. This has been very skillfully concocted as it is refined and yet not shy. It has a very definite personality. And I would wear this at any time; nice for the office as not overpowering, but also I can imagine wearing this for a beachcombing walk or a lazy day on the couch. It sort of reminds me of that heady sharpness that you get from a bunch of freesia that have been left in a warm room with the door closed.

SCORPIOSHEEP also noted the very nice bottle; the only downside is that I have the 100ml bottle and it is VERY heavy. But gals, you know that most of us carry the equivelant to the weight of a small child in our handbags these days, so will not dissuade me from carrying it for top ups throughout the course of the day. I may not have to do that very often though as it seems to have very good staying power.

WOOHOO!!! Winner. Fab. Love it. Yahoo!!! This will be my Spring/Summer scent this year.
Try it.............you might like it too!!!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I love iris. I also love the pretty bottle. But this iris is a bit too green for me to fall in love with it, and is lacking in earthiness. Sure it is very inexpensive and pleasant enough; also quite long-lasting (on me 4-5 hours). I have been completely spoiled by Prada Infusion d'Iris but I realise they are opposite ends of the iris spectrum - like comparing Veuve Cliquot to Asti Spumante - so I am trying very hard not to do this. It will do fine and give me my iris fix until I save up enough for another bottle of PII.

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

M-mm Good! Love this Iris concoction. Definitely can be a unisex scent but still pretty sexy enough for the ladies. The iris/patchouli/vetiver notes have given my nose a lovely menage-a-trois to languish in until the spell wears off a couple of hours later. This scent smells fresh, a little bit powdery, a little green, a little bit flowery, a little woody (although some would prefer a big woody, I know, ;-) And since my nose digs patchouli, the scent it also a little bit patchouli.
I have the body lotion too that I like to layer with the EdT. I also have the large and small bottle of the juice because I love it so much. Yeah that's right. It's all good for me.

Thalia
Thalia

I am pretty much a slut for anything with a bergamot opening followed by prominent iris, vetiver, and woods. Predictably, I love C&E Iris! It's very green, and the patchouli added to the iris gives it a big earthy kick. It's not sweet, it's not powdery (I think all the green keeps it "moist"), and it's dirt cheap. I have smelled cheap irises, and I have smelled good irises, but this is the best low-priced iris ever -- much nicer IMO than Yves Rocher Iris Noir, which is enjoyable in its own right but smells more synthetic and sweety-fruity than this.

This would smell GREAT on a man, despite the pretty, girly bottle. But hey guys, no one sees the bottle once you've sprayed it on!

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

Starts very delicate at the beginning and then turn into green and slightly masculine smell. I could really detect the cedar and patchouli. I'm surprise that this frag doesn't get powdery in my skin cos the orris is listed as the main ingredient on the box. In my experience many frags that contains orris note would usually tend to get powdery on my skin and this frag just didn't.
I too found a little resemblance of this frag to Kenzo Pour Homme and I think it must be from the sandalwood,vetiver,cedar and patchouli combo.
Overall, I'm liking this frag it could simply fall under the unisex category IMO cos the smell is not that ladylike nor too manly. It sort of floats in the middle.
Sillage is moderate and the longevity is good stays up to 6hrs on my skin.

amazingrace
amazingrace

I Love this beautiful,soft,delicate Iris scent. When its first sprayed on, it takes me right back to the 1970's days of opening my bag of penny sweets at the corner shop when i was a kid and opening the little lilac tube of sweets called Parma Violets(if anyone remembers them)and the delightful waft of floral powder being drawn up to the nose. It goes on lovely and even though it is an edt, it stays put for 3 hours and even after then it still lingers.Such a shame it doesnt have more staying power but its instantly become one of my fave scents after only trying it once.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

The only thing I like about this fragrance is the bottle. I bought this fragrance without smelling it first and I regret doing this. At first the fragrance smells clean and reminds me of freshly, clean ironed laundry. I found the base notes rather masculine and bitter, a man could easily wear this. Too much patchouli and cedar for my liking, it lacks something perhaps a little sweetness or another flower note. Not for me, I am sorry to say.

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

Just had the opportunity to smell this. I really like it. Love the black currant in the top note (always one of my favorite ingredients in perfume), the iris is pretty & I think rather green, not overly powdery or heady like some iris fragrances out there like Insolence by Guerlain, which I also happen to like. Love the base notes, especially the vetiver. I think this note combined with the cedar and patchouli may be responsible for the more green smell & lack of rounded powderyness found in most iris-laced florals. This creates a slight sharpness that you don't find in alot of fragrances nowadays, & I really appreciate that quality.

I think this is perfect for early autumn because to me it is not my concept of a spring floral, which is on the powdery or white side or a more lush, heady, luxurious type of flowery scent. I think this is worth owning for floral loving gals out there that can fit this into their budgets. I don't own anything like this so I will be treating myself in the near future.

Iris by Crabtree & Evelyn 3.97 out of 5 based on 167 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Crabtree & Evelyn Iris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Crabtree & Evelyn Iris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Iris by Crabtree & Evelyn. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Iris by Crabtree & Evelyn represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.