Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Rosewater Crabtree & Evelyn for women

Rosewater Crabtree & Evelyn for women
dislike

Rosewater Crabtree & Evelyn for women Pictures

Rosewater by Crabtree & Evelyn is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Rosewater was launched in 2011. The fragrance features rose, violet, peony, green notes and musk.

Rose Violet Peony Green Notes Musk

Tea Rose
Delire de Roses
Eau Rose

Rosewater Fragrance Reviews

kvan
kvan

I don't have the EDT, but the dusting powder in the cardboard canister. It's wonderful layered under rose-centered fragrances. I love it with both rose-incense and rose-oud perfumes.

Also great layered under perfumes containing some rose as a note that tend toward masculine on their own (Chanel 19, Coromandel). It has also served very well all by itself on warm days. The scent lasts all day.

TWZDobermom
TWZDobermom

Although the rose-scent is weaker than my other two favorite rose perfumes (Jo Malone "Red Roses" & C&E's "Evelyn Rose"), I find it more suited to the hot, humid summer days here in the South. The sillage is weaker, which is preferable for closed-door meetings, and I find its scent doesn't tend to increase with body temperature like the other two. That said, it also doesn't last as long. (A good reason to carry a tube of the hand crème. It's a very good product in & of itself.)
So my Rose scent preferences are:

Date nights & cooler days: Jo Malone "Red Roses"

Warm Spring and Fall days: C&E's "Evelyn Rose" (when I actually HAVE some - it seems to always be out of stock)

Hot, muggy southern days: C&E's "Rosewater"

LisaMari
LisaMari

Classic but staid, like a bar of rose soap

Siberia
Siberia

I have the older version in the round-shouldered bottle called "Rosewater Eau Fraiche." It is a nice rose soliflore with pretty good longevity and projection. I don't detect any of the supporting notes. The rose has a slight (but inoffensive) soapiness that disappears as it settles.

Sida Lee
Sida Lee

I used to use the Crabtree and Evelyn bath products. Of course with any product such as these, the scent is something you enjoy in the bath, because it's gone by the time you reach for the towel. Still I liked the old fashion look of the containers, especially the tin talc powder, and used them as decor in my bath.

Well I guess some jack-leg came along and told Crabtree and Evelyn they needed to change the containers in an effort to keep up with those horrible, smell them from a mile away, pre-teen, bath and body shops in the mall. Crabtree and Evelyn has done just that. Their containers look like every other product out there. If you were looking to fit in C&E you succeeded, and there you will stay, fitting in with all the others on the shelf, because you won't be coming home with me.

Ashriia
Ashriia

this was given to me as a gift. I generally like the scent of roses. However, I had a terrible reaction to this perfume. My throat tightened and I had trouble breathing. i.e. I had an allergic reaction to it. I am generally sensitive to scents though. Just an fyi to anyone with allergies that may be thinking of buying this.

Lali_7
Lali_7

Well, the name says it all. Almost pure rose scent.

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

I got to sample this today. It's very pretty and inoffensive.

I do respectfully but strongly disagree with the poster below who compared this to Red Roses by Jo Malone. In my opinion this is 100 times better. The top notes of red roses is very nice but the dry down is horrendous. On my skin and on paper- with time Red Roses turns very Barnyard.

If you love roses this is very nice.

Englishrose77
Englishrose77

Another favorite. It has a very light, clean , fresh scent of roses with clean green notes; very very pretty without being at all overly sweet or cloying. And my favorite part is that it's not the least bit powdery or heavy; it's very clean, fresh and bright. A wonderful fragrance, and a less expensive alternative to my much loved signature fragrance, Jo Malone's Red Roses. I love the entire Crabtree&Evelyn Rosewater line; the Rosewater Bath Gel is a fabulous product , and I buy 4 to 6 bottles at a time for my nightly bubble baths . And it's all very reasonably priced given the quality of the products. I love the whole line.

This fragrance lasts longer with any rose or non scented cream/moisturer and then apply the fragrance over the top. You should get about 6-8 hours. I noticed that the rose perfume was not strong on my skin. I had to respray. Yet, it is rosewater which is like a cologne. Just another idea is to have good quality rose based oil and/or add a few drops to an unscented moisturer then add this sweet perfume fragrance to your skin. It will be a very strong parfum. This should last for 12+ hours. You will use less perfume which will last double time and receive better value for money.

I would not use the bodywash because it may dry the skin out or have minimal conditioning agents then you need to apply product's moisturer. However, it lasts about 6+ hours on clothes and pillows. This sweet smelling rose perfume is light to wear to bed or to go out in the weekends or work.

Considering the price, this is one my most favourite rose perfumes. I have paid for YSL eau de parfum Paris which is rose based. However, I always go for this in summer. It makes me feel uplifted, happy and female. You can spray more, it is quite strong but gently fades.

This is a sweet pea smell linked to a classic tea rose. Crabtree is a great brand, love the bottle which is easy to use. I use only two to three sprays on clothes. Perhaps, it smells like rose fabric softener.

If you are a classic rose lover this perfume lingers beautifully on clothes. While, perfumistas state you should place perfume on the skin, so you may have a positive reaction, I am worried about the chemicals placed in fragrances and prefer to place on clothes near the pause points. As one moves the body heat will promote the fragrance. I usually place the fragrance on arm area to smell the wiffs of fragrance as I walk. Also I place perfume on my bras so I do not stain my clothes. So spray the perfume and walk into it focusing on the clothes and not skin. Otherwise you will see perfume spray stain on light coloured clothes. Therefore, this perfume remains one of my favourites in my vast perfume collection because it is a classic and smells naturally of rose.

ivmeonly
ivmeonly

Even though I enjoy this a lot, it is strightly my bed time scent. I don't wear this out during the day because of it's lack of silage.

This is a light, fresh, roses in full bloom scent, delicate and not overwhelming. Too bad the staying power is poor on me or I'd live in it.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Rosewater EDT by Crabtree & Evelyn is a delightful, fresh fragrance. It's the perfect light, feminine, natural rose for summer. Wish longevity was better, but it is one of my favorite fragrances. I even apply it before bedtime :)

melpomeni
melpomeni

A scent from my childhood! I would always get a hand cream or shower gel in Rosewater from my father at Christmas time and I loved it. The EDT is light in staying power but it is a true, fresh rose. Simple and to the point! The soaps are to die for in this fragrance too!

pbluberry
pbluberry

I have the Rosewater eau fraiche. It's light but smells beautiful, much lighter than Evelyn Rose. The eau fraiche doesn't last very long but it's ok, I really enjoyed it.

emsilly
emsilly

Rosewater delivers on it's promise: it's Rose-water. I don't get much else other than rose from this (none of the green or woody-ness per se), and it lacks longevity and sillage power. But while it is there it is very nice! I didn't buy the accompanying toiletries as I wanted the EDT to stand alone, but it is very light. I wouldn't buy again, but it is nice if you're looking for a very light rose scent.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Run into thousands of little, delicate rose petals in full bloom. Delight yourself in the little heaven you've found.

That's what rosewater smells like to me. It's sweet, innocent little rose smell that makes me feel chaste.

It's a linear scent but who needs complex scents all the time anyway?

I'm not a floral person and when I am, it's always rose that I go for :)
The staying power of this is just ...bad. It lasts no more than an hour or two on my skin and reapplication can be hassling.

Solve
Solve

I really love this scent; it is fresh and yet absolutely rose in a wildrose way. Doesn´t stay long on my skin though, but I guess that that´s the story of all fresh scents!

devaluxe
devaluxe

I actually really like this one, but as someone else mentioned the staying power is nil. Part of that is because it's a Rosewater, which isn't supposed to be very potent. However, I've found I can increase it's lasting power by layering the shower gel, lotion, and eau fraiche and the putting a drop of the environmental oil behind my ear and on my wrist. That really helps it "stick"...I get compliments on this and yes, Rose can be "old lady" (I HATE that expression - as if all ladies suddenly reach an age where they begin to smell a certain way!) but it also has a refined, Victorian feel to it when worn correctly. I enjoy wearing this one, as I do many Crabtree and Evelyn fragrances. If you like a harder hitting rose scent, then perhaps try their Evelyn Rose fragrance which is more potent.

Brenwen
Brenwen

I have this, and the body wash. I love the smell, but even used together, it doesn't last at all. Don't waste your money on anything from this company. Their products may smell wonderful, but the quality is quite poor. Try White Rose by Floris if you are looking for a similar-type rose scent.

I remember I tested it in a Crabtree store and it wasn't the kind of rose I like. It was more an oldfashioned and - like the name says- watery rose. I like rose scents but this one is not for me.

Rosewater by Crabtree & Evelyn 4.24 out of 5 based on 108 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rosewater by Crabtree & Evelyn. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rosewater by Crabtree & Evelyn represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.