Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Spring Rain Crabtree & Evelyn for women

Spring Rain Crabtree & Evelyn for women
dislike

cinnamon

Spring Rain by Crabtree & Evelyn is a Floral fragrance for women. Spring Rain was launched in 1980. The fragrance features cinnamon, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose.

Cinnamon Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Angels of Florence
Anais Anais
Cutting Garden

Spring Rain Fragrance Reviews

chianti57
chianti57

I first bumped into and bought Spring Rain while I was on a business trip in Toronto from Tokyo. My bags and clothing were delayed in Atlanta and I need a suit and suitable scentj for the afternoon's meeting. I had intended to purchase C&E's lilac powder(btw...I personally prefer powder over liquid scents). Only to find that it had been discontinued. (What is it with C&E???) The lady at the store recommended I try Spring Rain. I sprinkled some in my blouse and I was in heaven.
I wore this scent(powder form)till 2006 everyday. I still have a tinsy bit left that I've saved since I was told it was discontinued.
I thought I was the only one having withdrawl symptoms. Come on C&E!! Wake up and smell the Spring Rain!!!

devaluxe
devaluxe

I mourned the loss of this lovely scent for many a day. I luckily stumbled upon a bottle of the EDT for a reasonable price and it was a small 1/2 oz bottle circa 1982. I bought it, it arrived today and smells just as I remember. Must have been made with quality ingredients as it hasn't gone "off" in any way. I was so happy to have it back. I have the lotion and the shower gel, but the EDT smells slightly different and reminds me of wearing this when I was about 8 yrs old and felt so grown up wearing fancy ladies perfume. I'm ecstatic to have found this again. If anyone knows of someone with a secret stash......

Kiku
Kiku

Spring Rain was the perfect name for this perfume. It was more than clean, fresh, and sweet. It smelled like the newness of spring itself. I don't smell any lily of the valley or jasmine. It smells like spicy roses and carnations. It's center is full of honey, which gives it a nice, creamy smell. Although a nice enough perfume, it was the quintessential soap and drawer lining paper, oh so ladylike and feminine. I still have the liners in my lingerie drawer, bars of the soap tucked among the silks and laces.

cloibne
cloibne

If you remember the little Jojoba seashells and the rosewater or the Lilac lotion, this is like a watered-down combination of all three together.

I loooved Lily of the Valley as a child,especially from C&E but don't remember that as being one of the predominant notes :
it's just clean but not soapy with a light gardeny aroma and the drawer liners' scent soaked into the wood smell nicely (see end of my review)

This would be nice to spritz a guest bathroom or throw pillow with... maybe a linen closet or chest,or drying machine...I wonder what it might smell like with good real witch hazel water?

Spring rain is good for chilly Spring nights in the boudoir ,for end-of-Summer full moon parties
beach-side with cotton and linen,smokey bonfires and fire-warmed sand carried on the crisping breeze.

We bought this as drawer liners for my sister's colleg/birthday gift from me (she's a September baby)
It always smelled lovely in her dresser's weathered,1940's era maple drawers.
She kept the liners for about 6 years before the scent, always subtle but complex,faded and she outgrew them...she may still have one drawer lined though, I'll have to ask...

lladyrain
lladyrain

I like this scent! I used the room fragrance oil years ago, and am very shocked and sad that this was discontinued. Wonder if Crabtree will bring in another similar scent, or revive this. What a pity that it can't be bought anymore.
It came in a pretty light blue-lavender tiny floral print.

The current scents such as Summer Hill & Nantucket Briar cannot compare to Spring Rain!!!

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

I understand Leesee's take on "Spring Rain"--the potpurri-like rose, the sweet dash of cinnamon--but part of "Spring Rain"'s charm is its ability to conjure-up the feeling of a quiet afternoon at home, on a rainy day. There's a contrasting dryness/wetness to it, some green with a hint of sweet blossom, that brings to mind a young "Mommy" environment. I see pinks, mauves, tan and pale mossy green when I smell it, the colors that were popular in children's rooms during the early 1980's.

I was a child in the 1980's, which might account for it feeling cozy to me; surely home scents and other body products followed similar trends and my mother may have actually owned "Spring Rain" lotion, herself. However, at this point in time, it stands-out and feels like a rather unique and very pretty interpretation of a soft, sweet floral, showing a lingering 1970's ancestry in its nod to the natural, with the hint of grass, hay and wildflower added to the juice and a touch of spice against budded rose. It's very pretty and gentle, something refreshing to a 2010 nose that's smelled one synthetic laundry detergent note and caramel-juicy-berry-cocktail too many.

Overall, I think it's lovely. And it's one of those scents you get nostalgic for and didn't realize you'd miss until it was gone. Thankfully, we can still get our fix from the lotion and body gel versions of "Spring Rain" that are still available on their main site. It's the perfect scent for a quiet walk in a gentle rain or reading by a window in the winter.

I hate spring rain discontinued all I am asking is y and where can I get a fragrance like this I need some more I hate its gone

aromaminx
aromaminx

i sooo disagree with leesee.it is a very pretty ,light perfume which is perfect for....well ...rainy spring days. sad crabtree /evelyn discontinued it as the frags which followed were NOT pretty.

guest_Mariea
guest_Mariea

I adore this perfume. Why did Crabtree & Evelyn ever take it off the shelf??

I find it to be a lovely day perfume, which is light and not too over powering. It has a unique smell that is different from High Street brands and creates a feeling of freshness that lasts for hours.

Leesee
Leesee

With a burst of dry, spicy rose at the forefront, and a hint of jasmine in the drydown (I really don't detect much in the way of lily of the valley), this scent is, for all its charm, more like a good-quality drawer sachet or powder room spray than it is a fine perfume. Absolutely harmless; nice, even; but nothing special.

Spring Rain by Crabtree & Evelyn 4.47 out of 5 based on 49 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Crabtree & Evelyn Spring Rain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Crabtree & Evelyn Spring Rain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Spring Rain by Crabtree & Evelyn. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Spring Rain by Crabtree & Evelyn represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.