Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Summer Hill Crabtree & Evelyn for women

Summer Hill Crabtree & Evelyn for women
dislike

Summer Hill by Crabtree & Evelyn is a Floral fragrance for women. Summer Hill was launched in 1991. The fragrance features orange blossom, lily, freesia, peach, white flowers, woodsy notes, grass, wildflowers and fruity notes.

Orange Blossom Lily Freesia Peach White Flowers Woodsy Notes Grass Wildflowers Fruity Notes

Blossom
Perry Black for Her
Vanitas
Song In D Minor

Summer Hill Fragrance Reviews

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Birthday, 1999. My favorite gift was a bottle of Summer Hill which I had lusted after shamelessly for quite sometime. Unfortunately, it is so true to the image the name conjures up, it set my allergies off faster than a romantic evening stroll along a beach front next to a field of wild flowers and fresh cut grasses at my aunts property on Cape Cod would. It is so very fascinating the way "they" can replicate grasses and flowers and liquefy the scent...conjuring up memories and images and moments in a single spray.
This is a strong scent that is perfect for wild flower lovers. I can't imagine wanting to wear this during any season but the summer months.
There is a spicy note not mentioned that is reminiscent of carnation...(the good ones, not the blue dyed prom bombs), or even the firey Indian Paintbrush, indigenous & wild to Montana and Wyoming.
I remember the perfume being very long lasting with abundant silage and medium projection. I wish I could wear it, but those pesky allergies say, "no, no, no".
If you like Philosophy's Field of Flowers, or Elizabeth Arden's Splendor, you would probably appreciate this.
This is unadulterated salt, flowers, grass & even a sandy scent note which may be from the "wood" (?) notes. There is nary a trace of powder which is so prominent in its sister "Nantucket Briar", so don't fear the powder puff in Summer Hill.
Truly a beautiful scent and if you can wear it, I hope to someday smell you out and about!
;)

TWZDobermom
TWZDobermom

Perfect name - what you see is what you get. The aroma of summer flowers, perfect for warm summer days. Longevity improves significantly when paired with the available shower gel & lotion.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

I really adore the body care products of this scent - I have the shower gel, body lotion & talc-free powder. the scent is just a delightful floral and goes well with a large variety of floral scents.

I find the body care products from Crabtree & Evelyn to be very good quality & recommend them.

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

When I become jaded with fragrance, one spritz of "Summer Hill" renews me and reminds me why I fell in love with the art of perfumery, in the first place. "Summer Hill" is like a flashbulb memory of a childhood summer, complete with the satisfying, white floral, powdery freshness of honeysuckle and cut grass.

There's a steaminess to this scent, that manages to evoke the stickiness of over-ripe orchard fruits, combined with baking grasses and trees and something that smells like...heat, like solar musk. "Summer Hill" smells very clean but hot and clean, almost like clean sheets, out to dry, damp but baking in the Summer Sun. In the evening, the dewiness of the air brings out the cool, fleshiness of the lily, while still maintaining a green hay of an undertone.

It's hard to explain the sheer joy and optimism this scent conjures up for me and it's a scent that's more than simply sexy; it's a scent to embrace and celebrate life and vitality to, to fall in love to, to accept proposals to, to wear at your child's big events. "Summer Hill" is a carpe diem kind of scent. Every time that I forget how lovely this is, discovering it again always feels like the first time. It's perfection and everything a good scent should be -- textured, simple, yet complex, at the same time.

nitschevo
nitschevo

Oh. My. God. This is gorgeous! I tested it at the airport and when I went back to my colleague who was waiting at the gate for bording to start I wondered where this wonderful creamy smell comes from. I tested a lot so I had to seriously start thinking what the heck this is! Summer Hill is the perfect description for this scent. It embodies a relaxed summer day in the English countryside (or any countryside for that matter). Flowers, grass and sunshine - in a bottle. While I won't use it on a 40° day I definitely recommend this for spring and moderate summer days or evenings.

Hills by the Sea
Hills by the Sea

Somewhere in my daydreams, I wander up a hill and lie down on soft green grass under a big shady flowering tree. The soft smell of flowers drifts down gently to me and the sun is very mild, kindly and warm, never blazing. I catch a whiff of other hillside flowers drifting towards me on a soft breeze and if I turn my head, I can glimpse the deep blue sparkling waters on the horizon.

This is what Summer Hill makes me feel like.

Summer Hill is a soft, delicate gossamer-like fragrance of flowers and creamy soft air. There is no sharp note, nothing jarring in this fragrance. It is the sweet scent of harmony and it makes me feel calm, happy and peaceful. Thank you Crabtree & Evelyn, for this beauty!

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

This is one of my favorite perfumes. My husband had bought it for me for Christmass... the only sad thing is that I can't find it anymore. It reminds me of spring in France... just love it!

aoviatt
aoviatt

I am not a "nose" so I can't comment to specific elements. But I can say that when I wear this, I can imagine myself wearing a flowy white sundress, swinging barefoot on a giant tree-swing, on an mild summer day. I wouldn't wear this on a really hot day however, as I feel that would push it into a "too sweet" realm. As is, I think it's romantic and feminine in a womanly kind of way with an almost old-fashioned (not outdated but truly reminiscent of a more genuinely romantic era) feel, the days when men treated women like ladies, but still had plenty of fun in secret.

Soie
Soie

A soft, clean and very feminine floral. It is among my most favorite scents, and also one which receives compliments for me from young men.

This one was love at first sniff.

jessic6
jessic6

Nice floral fragrance with minimal silage (you really can't offend) and okay lasting power. Can't go wrong with this.

However, it has a very alcohol-like note that makes my nose tickle and make me want to sneeze. The alcohol note stays with me for hours. I've owned mine for over a year and it still has that quality.

Basically, Summer Hill smells cheaper than its price tag. Will keep using (because it was a gift), but will not repurchase.

acavicchi
acavicchi

Ny mother-in-law has this and I think it's suitable for her- she's in her early 60's, lives in the country near the ocean and has a beautiful flower garden. I find it's more suitable for someone a little older than myself but find it pleasant and fresh nonetheless.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

I love the lovely soft smell of Summer Hill. It reminds me of long lazy summer days. As a Crabtree and Evelyn convert I do love most of their perfumes, soaps and talcs.Easy to wear for most ages. Wonderful.

Solve
Solve

This is very summer and sweet, but it doesn´t give you nausea. Tends to be a bit heavy, if you use to much.

frusia
frusia

One of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled. It's all about flowers but there is also some wonderful freshness in it and thanks to that it does not get too sweet

juliacat
juliacat

Yes, it`s flowery, yes, it`s fresh, but above all it smells a bit cheap, like a cologne rather than eau de toilette...I kind of like it and it does have a lasting power on my skin, but to me it does smell like Lenor for my laundry, sorry.

devaluxe
devaluxe

This is probably my favorite Summer fragrance. It's sweet and floral without being cloying and really does conjure images of barefoot strolls through the meadow in a cotton dress gathering flowers. An amazing scent.

RobbieX
RobbieX

As some have already said, it's the perfect name for this scent. Beautiful and very fresh floral fragrance. One of THE best women's perfumes I have ever smelled - lovely !

beautee
beautee

One thing for me I've noticed particularly with Crabtree & Evelyn fragrances is that they really do smell like the name they are labeled. Gardenia and Lily of the Valley are as true to their name sake as you are ever likely to find in a bottle of fragrance and Summer Hills is just that. The smell of a hill springing to life with a wild array of spring or summer flowers.

A Bride could not make a more appropriate choice for her or her entourage to wear on her wedding day. Very Romantic Scent.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

"Summer Hill" is the perfect name for this scent.
There are certain fragrances that have the ability to open up the minds eye and bring you to a magical place.
Summer Hill does just that.
One whiff and I am instantly transported out of the city, to some beautiful, enchanted countryside, mid summer afternoon, the greenest grass, the most amazing wild flowers growing abundantly, sunshine, perfect blue skys and a soft, warm breeze to carry those lovely intermingling summer aromas through the air. And while I would not classify this as a retro fragrance, Summer Hill does bring you back to a simpler, more innocent time and place.
Summer Hill is indeed, my own little slice of heaven!

I find the lily in this fragrance very strong . I had some products of the skin care series and there I really liked the flowery scent. It's like a mountain full of different flowers. Very summer like. So I got the scent. The scent is close to the body care products but gets really really heavy in the drydown. After a while I found the drydown too nauseating. If you like scents like Flowerbomb, this could be something for you.

flowermom
flowermom

about 11 years ago me & my friend went back packing around canada & usa (im from the uk) as soon as we landed in canada we went shopping for our "travel scents" to remind us of our journeys, i picked "summer hill" i wasnt too sure when i smelt it at first as it does have that kinda "old smell", but i was genuinely taken with it, it reminded me of open fields mixed with rain, bright shiney days , seemed approperate as i ventured around gorgeous canada! i wore that perfume every day for around a year & it always "perked" me up, i hadnt worn the scent for about 6 years when i decided to buy another bottle (picked the set up from ebay for a good price) but it didnt smell the same! maybe i got an old bottle? but i didnt care much for it which was a real shame because i desperately wanted too!! i ended up giving it away, & altho i will never wear it again i rememeber it very fondly x

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

Fresh cut grass, dried and fresh hay, wildflowers and their oils baking under a midday, midsummer's sun; you smell the breezy, linen humidity of a clean cotton dress against the skin, the transparent layering of powder you applied in order to keep it free and flowy; you can smell the bark of trees heating as the day goes on, smell wild roses, the slightly bittersweet scent of "Black-Eyed-Susans" and tagetes, daisies, honeysuckle against hot earth---a welcomed breeze disperses the fragrance of steamy wildflowers and adds a freshness to the day. As the scent progresses, it becomes smoother and slightly duskier, as the sun goes down and evening dew begins to accumulate on blooms and dampen the earth and grass. "Summer Hill" is one of the most appropriately named fragrances I've ever tested and feels genuinely fresh, warm and natural. One spray and you can almost smell the day, hear the chirping, chattering birds, buzzing bugs--the crickets, the cicadeas---and see fireflies twirling into the sky. The stuff of gleeful sighs and exciting memories.

ebijou
ebijou

I love the fact that this fragrance comes with all the range of products -- talc, body and hand cream, etc. It a delicate scent, not too light either, perfect for work. I love white flowers scents and this one is great. Lasting power is above average, but not amazing.

HOPE007
HOPE007

One of my most favorite scents... I buy the shower gel, the lotion, the body spray, and the EDT. So pretty... I use it year round whenever I feel like it. One of Crabtree & Evelyn's most popular scents.

Erinshea
Erinshea

Overall I liked this scent---beautifully flowery, very light and fresh. My mother finds it difficult to wear most perfumes as they irritate her nose/sinuses, but this fragrance works just fine for her.

guest_GillyGirl
guest_GillyGirl

I lived in a place with a backyard pond and lot of wild flowers, and in the summer time I feel like I blend right in with the nature around me when wearing this perfume. Grassy, earthy, flowers...brings back a lot of memories, and the name summer hill is just so appropriate.

Summer Hill by Crabtree & Evelyn 4.11 out of 5 based on 150 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Summer Hill by Crabtree & Evelyn. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Summer Hill by Crabtree & Evelyn represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.