Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Acier Aluminium Creed for men
dislike

sour
Acier Aluminium Creed for men Pictures Acier Aluminium Creed for men Pictures

Creed's Acier Aluminium fragrance gives every man the chance to feel like a knight in shining armor. This fruity-chypre fragrance was inspired by the chain mail armor worn by medieval knights. "Acier" is French for "steel" and the fragrance exemplifies traditional masculine strength.

Top Notes: Bergamot. Middle Notes: Spice and fruits. Base Notes: Ambergris and vanilla.

It is available in 75 ml bottles. Acier Aluminium was launched in 1973. The nose behind this fragrance is James Henry Creed Fifth Generation.

Bergamot

Spices Fruity Notes

Vanille Ambergris

Giorgio for Men

Acier Aluminium Fragrance Reviews

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Definitely an "offensive" perfume. Way too bold/weird for my nose. I couldn't handle the heaviness. Maybe it was good in the 70's - but not for the 2000's.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

I wasn't feeling this one. Smells like cough drops and 80's aftershave.

RIVI1969

This is my all-time favorite perfume, unique, bold, elegant... has it all, specially suited for cold months and when a comfort scent is in order. I wish I could find something at least similar since it has been discontinued and the remaining bottles are expensive very hard to find but there is nothing like this jewel.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is a really unique brew; I'm not sure I've encountered anything similar at all. I was getting pretty bored reviewing a bunch of other Creeds, but AA can make you rethink super-sweet masculine fragrances. The bananas and metal are definitely there, and it's almost oppresively metallic at first on top of the fruits, spices and wood. After that clears up a bit, you start to recognize that group of spices and florals that you'd expect to accent a sandalwood fragrance, with the fruit still there, but not necessarily as banana. A slight green grassiness appears underneath after a while, which I didn't remember from previous testings, and it cuts the sweetness a fair amount...I'm kind of marvelling here at how it's going form more sweet to less sweet instead of the other way around. The only problem is that something in the mix starts to create more medicinal character in the basenotes, and maybe a bit of a cherry-like quality, but it's still not as bad as some of the more medicinal sandalwood scents out there. Only in the end do I realize that it's reminding me of a red candy apple, but in a way that I like which is a rare occurrence. Try this stuff out, it's a total trip.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Interesting 'over-ripe' fruit opening with underlying spice accord. A mineral, flinty and warm ambergris base with just a hint of vanilla. At one point it reminded me of a freshly snuffed candle where the wick is still smoking and the wax is still wet. A very strange scent indeed. (64)

b360
b360

acier is totally from 1973 and i felt that after i smelled my first drop.....i love it tho....older man fragrance that has a couple cool notes to it....i do smell banana peel and pear in a way but then again if you combine a bunch of fruits that is what it smells like....lavender metallic musk next....then....i know this sounds bad but next i kinda get a whiff of fresh kitty litter 1970s era.....i enjoy that smell.....kind of soapy but floral....just a little bit 8/10

stevenpaolitto
stevenpaolitto

Smells nothing like bananas. Smells actually kind of like a sharper Antaeus. Unique. Diggin it. The drydown is mellow but the opening is very in your face, don't be fooled.

Fragrance11
Fragrance11

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has a batch #C1010G01? I bought this today at Neiman Marcus. I love it, I received a free 10ml decant at Saks in NY three months ago and finished it, I was ready for a full bottle anyway. The box was a little dirty and was probably handled a bit but that's not my concern. I'm just looking for a little feedback on the batch# that's all. I know it's being discontinued and the 10 in the batch# represents 2010.
Aprreciate the feedback anyone!

Thanks,

F

marioslg3

i have a bottle 95% full if someone wants to swap. I'm interested in Silver Mountain water, Erolfa, Orange Spice, Himalaya or any other niche.

marioslg3

I order this on line after some review i saw....all are saying that it smells like metallic bananas and is something that combine the old era in a modern way...
will revert as soon as I get it.

prot72
prot72

Blind buying is when you are in a sort of hurry to buy something and you pick up something that looks nice and not look at the price or you don’t smell it before in case of perfumes. What to do if somebody is selling expensive perfume on ebay for ¼ of the regular price? That happened to me with the Acier Aluminium. What I was expecting was typical but well crafted cologne… what I received is amazing mix of old type perfume with modern soul. In my opinion there is no steel or aluminium in this creation but it is full of overripe fruits mostly banana with hint of vanilla balanced by spices. I can only imagine how revolutionary this fragrance was in the early 70s. Such perfumes we know from nowadays e.g. Pulp by Byredo (2008) or Aromadite by Farmacia SS. Annunziata (2011). But Acier Al. still has a stamp impressed by old school perfumery. These typical powdery elements you can find in early Caron creations. I like it a lot and recommend to any gender for any time.

Udate April 13th (Friday :-)
After whole day wearing AA I know how this fragrance evolves. After about 4 hours the banana slowly disappears and kind of gourmand nuances develop. My first impression was the yummy cheesecake with delirious vanilla smelling weep cream. After another few hours ginger gives it a small sting that is not sharp but obvious. The fragrance is never cloying however sweetness plays crucial role during its development. The spices redirect it a little to the male side. Every minute I’m more and more in love with AA.

williamvargas
williamvargas

this scent reminds me of somthing sean connery would have worn in a james bond movie wearing a black tux and a cigarette between his fingers gambling away and winning..classy , elegant and oh so masculine..great scent. very hypnotic scent. alluring, not loud but oh so confindent a man would be..a definite dress up fragrance. thumbs up for me!! will be on my list.

Scentrist
Scentrist

A few things to add.

First, this grows on you in its uniqueness. It's not quite contemporary and better suited to someone who wants something reflective of a masculine (note, not macho) style at a tolerable projection level. It's fruity and spicy, but again in a uniquely masculine way. Unlike other Creeds, this is an EDT strength, not EDP. The longevity will reflect that only somewhat, this is still very solid.

Next, this is not something I'd give to someone under 40 and expect them to adapt to it: It's retro, so the right person will latch on and understand that it's sensual, elegant, and just damn cool.

Those said, I like that it's warm, spicy, and not a fragrance that everyone can pull-off well. It truly opens up on skin and becomes refined and assertive. Acier Aluminum is more of a period when a man's fragrance was meant to be unapolgetically masculine. It's NOT a blind-buy. You'll get the warm banana and spice notes from it, and your mileage may vary as to how you'll respond to it. I was pleasantly surprised.

This is also not something I'd wear every day, but for those occasions where I'd want a very rugged, refined scent.

Grottola
Grottola

Acier Aluminum is downright the strangest scent I've ever smelled.

Why? Because it smells like metallic bananas. Go figure, I actually kind of like it because I love the smell of bananas. Definitely going to try this one again sometime.

I had a sample of Acier Alluminium as a gift in a nice store in florence and honestly I was not so curious about it as I used to think it was another rich-marine scent a-la Erolfa. I quite like Erolfa but I just thought I didn't need another one in the same vein. My mistake.

Acier Alluminium is a fresh/warm fruity (banana) amber (ambergis) perfume filled with top quality materials. It opens with a sharp bergamot joined right away by amber and a very original and acidic banana note which adds a sweet-warm contrast to the whole fragrance. The drydown is with a lot of amber, vanilla and spices . This is a rich scent yet not loud, quite close to the skin and easy to wear. If I think AA was released in 1973 I immagine it beeing quite an unique and unconventional masculine fragrance. If smelled today it may result a little more usual but still absolutely pleasant, well crafted and distinctive. One of my favourites in the Creed's Range.

Rating: 7.5/10

RIVI1969

Acier Aluminum was created at the time when fragrances are much louder than those of today, but unlike other classics as Giorgio of Beverly Hills, Acier Aluminum is much more elegant, and does not invade the vital space of those around you. A simple fragrance in their formulation, which definitely inspires an air of confidence, masculinity, and security who has the pleasure of wearing it. Highly recommended!

dboy2083
dboy2083

I loved this fragrance when I tested it, it made me feel so good! This is my next fragrance purchase! long live creed!

Acier Aluminum is a very elegant, rich scent that grabs your attention and is at once sweet, (not cloying) spicy (more warm and smooth than HOT and sharp) and very, very sexy...

I get the bergamot in the opening, clear and slightly bitter green, but why this is considered a citrus aromatic is lost on me. It has citrus (a bit) and is aromatic, no doubt, but is not really a citrus dominated perfume. The heart notes of mostly dried fruits (similar to dates, tamarind, figs or plums) and well-blended spicy aromas dominate the scent and make it much more of a fall scent to me than a bright summery citrus. It is a lushly rich fruity aroma (not the usual fresh or watery fruits), and the spices are like nutmeg, cardamom and maybe some cinnamon,(or is that allspice?) but not like a curry blend at all. The drydown is oriental to me (the amber resin and vanilla) but with hints of leather, it works well with the fruity nuances and warm smoothness. This scent says "class" and could easily be worn by a dashing white knight in armor (if they wore colognes); or maybe more like a dark mysterious knight on a jet black stallion, stealing his true love and riding into a darkened forest...

Sillage: great
Longevity: good
Overall: 4/5

CREED never ceases to amaze me, (with their scents AND titanic prices) but if you want a well blended natural scent made with stunning attention to detail and perfume alchemy-they are worth it! This is the rouge with a heart of gold to me...

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

Ohh what a pleasant surprise! One of the most unique fragrances I have smell in a long time. There`s so few ingredients that is put very well together to create this original fragrance. It was created in 1975, so this is retro. But don`t let that scare you if you are under 30. You can wear it perfectly as well. It starts out very masculine, fruty and spicy, and dries down to a nice vanilla and amber scent.I think I can notice some Habit Rouge in the latest stage of the basenotes. Don`t let the banana comparison scare you. I can`t detect that note when I wear this fantastic scent. Fruty, yes, but not banana. I can easily see a man between 25-40 years old in a trendy, modern, elegant, suit going out to the night club. This is probably the most unique scent in my collection. Longevity could have been better on my skin, so I give this fragrance 9 points out of 10.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Having only read the name, I was expecting something sharp, silvery, and metallic smelling, but AA starts out sweet and strong, a little acidic, almost fruity. The fruit has a transparent quality, sort of like the ghosts of bananas dancing around my nose along with a little bit of cassis and a tropical fruit salad. It’s not fruity in the way that drugstore girly perfumes are fruity, but rather in a natural-seeming, sophisticated, and sensual way. I think there may be some leather that goes surprisingly well with the fruit and tones it down. There’s a familiar note that I can’t put my finger on, maybe fruit-flavored salt water taffy. The middle part becomes more of a leather with vanilla, amber, and a slight peppery, spicy iris-like note. The sillage is excellent, longevity is moderate. I know this is supposed to be a male perfume, but I love it and will gladly wear it myself!

HOTRODS BY JP

creed makes some of the finest scents i have in collection since my first creed cologne now i have ten in my collection yes they are very old andstill the same when they made it i love the smell of creeds colognes, but be very carefull where you purchase from i stick with neiman marcus to scared of the discount sites you get what you pay for good luck and keep smelling nice

HOTRODS BY JP

i just ordered it from the creed online site kinda exited waiting for it to arrive,my first creed was virgen island water and that was it ,thats all it took,then i wwent online and purchased acier aluminum,love the notes in it ,so now i cant wait til it arrives,the day that i went into neimanmarcus,and check out all the crecologne for men now im hooked,just be carefule from some cheaperm online sites,remember you get what you pay for,if its a deal thats that cheap ,you get what you pay for so now i will let you know when it gets here creed has some awesome scents im glad i walk into that store just befor x-mas,my wife chosed creed for me awesome,there are a couple that i got my eye on til then happy new year.

Acier Aluminium by Creed 3.74 out of 5 based on 75 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Acier Aluminium fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Acier Aluminium, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acier Aluminium by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acier Aluminium by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.