Designers » C » Floral Fruity « Groups

Acqua Fiorentina Creed for women

Acqua Fiorentina Creed for women
dislike

Acqua Fiorentina Creed for women Pictures Acqua Fiorentina Creed for women Pictures Acqua Fiorentina Creed for women Pictures

Acqua Fiorentina is a women's fragrance inspired by the art and culture of the Renaissance in 15th century Florence, Italy. This fruity-floral fragrances features ingredients sourced from orchards and farms in the Florence region. The fragrance opens with greengage plum and bergamot. The heart blooms with rose, pink carnation, Calabrian lemon on a warm base of Virginia cedarwood and Indian sandalwood. Acqua Fiorentina was launched in 2009. Acqua Fiorentina was created by Olivier Creed Sixth Generation and Erwin Creed Seventh Generation.

Plum Apple

Rose Pear Bergamot Sicilian Bergamot Lemon

Virginia Cedar Sandalwood White Grapefruit

D&G Light Blue

Acqua Fiorentina Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

So, Light Blue it is.

But before you get there, you'll have to be wrapped up in a fog of bitter milk and plums, for a good while.

Only then you'll get to a very organic and natural smelling Light Blue part, which I have to admit is much nicer then the original LB.

s.pa_pandora
s.pa_pandora

This one is pretty nice scent with sweet floral fruity. Rose and plum are very prominent on my skin and some citrus are subtle also. Its longevity is good around 6-7 hours but the sillage quite disappoints me because many of my friends could not smell the scent when they were nearby me.

jtd
jtd

Hybrid vigor
In any hybrid you're looking for the best of both worlds. I have a labradoodle, a dod bred for service. The goal of the breeding is to combine the intelligence and trainability of the poodle with the human affiliation and low-key temperament of the labradors retriever. The risk of the mix is getting the reverse and having a high-strung, stupid dog.
The eponymous perfume hybrids shout their goal to the heavens: Fruity floral. Rose chypre. Floral leather. Aromatic fougère. Floriental. Acqua Fiorentina makes me wonder if there is an antonym to synergy. Is there a word for the whole being less than the sum of the parts?

Tools for self-destruction
The disparity between the reality of the worse Creed perfumes and the particularly vapid style of their marketing hyperbole is a sort of performance piece. The inequality is charged enough that as in a fairy tale, it simply comes to life.

From the Creed Aqua Fiorentina webpage (version, The Encore 2012):

Description - Sixth-generation master perfumer Olivier Creed re-introduces a fresh new blend of the beloved fragrance. He adds a lively touch of Diamond Jubilee Apple to mark sixty years of Queen Elizabeth's reign, along with beautiful Renaissance rose, Calabrian lemon, plum and white carnation. This encore offers a fresh harmonious scent that will delight her for any occasion.

Classification - Fruitful / Fresh

Characteristics - A long-awaited scent richly deserved by Creed’s loyal clientele who lavished praise on the original blend.

Notes:
Top note: Lightly sweet greengage plum, often used in cuisine as a dessert plum, Diamond Jubilee Apples and pruneau are the opening notes.
Middle note: Renaissance roses, white carnations, Florentine pear, Sicilian bergamot and Calabrian lemons are a fine serenade of fruits and blooms.
Base note: Virginia cedar and Indian sandalwood are a heart-charming close, with a lively hint of white grapefruit.

Epilogue:
Creed's own excessive protestations tell you more about the nightmare of Acqua Fiorentina than I could ever hope to.

I used to think the greatest job in the world would be to be a voice actor for the Simpsons. 20+ years of Hollywood pay coupled with anonymity. What could be better? Now I think sitting around with friends, smoking piles of weed, writing Creed press and pissing yourself laughing would be the greatest job in the world. (I assume that that's how the job must be done.)

I leave you to the serenade of fruits and blooms. Buon appetito.

from scenthurdle.com

Elite Gentleman
Elite Gentleman

This is truly a heavenly and sophisticated scent. One of my favorite perfumes on a lady.

Inventress
Inventress

Acqua Fiorentina is a citrus, fruity, refreshing summer scent. It opens with plum, apple, and a large dose of bergamot. A hint of pear and lemon follow through and connect with cedar in the base, along with grapefruit. It smells of an evening by the sea and a margarita, with hints of flowers from far away wafting in the breeze. It lasts about 5 hours, has a noticeable trail and radiates within personal distance.

There are definitely some similarities between Light Blue and Acqua Fiorentina, they do have apple, cedar, lemon, and rose in common, and they are both considered floral-fruity and citrus. However, Light Blue is more woody and lemony, whereas Acqua Fiorentina is more fruity and salty. Chances are, that a person who likes Light Blue will like Acqua Fiorentina and the other way around. I find Acqua Fiorentina to be the more feminine and refined of the two.

Ivanqa
Ivanqa

Acqua Fiorentina is pretty in somewhat restrained way. I get mostly rose, summer fruit and sandalwood. When it dries down, it does smell quite like the D&G Light Blue and it also reminds me of Nectarine Blossom and Honey by Jo Malone. I used to wear the JM and so I have no desire to purchase something so similar in the near future.

penguin1010
penguin1010

This one is delightful...like sitting in an orchard in the springtime. Fruit is by far the dominant theme, and on me it just goes from fruit to fruit--I don't get any "woodiness." It lasts a long time...over 8 hours on me today! It layers well with florals and sweet scents as well. I've tried it with Prada Candy and V&R Bonbon and both smelled lovely with Acqua Fiorentina. It doesn't wear "heavy" on me at all....it's light and beautiful. For the record, I tried this when it first came out, and it did not appeal to me when I sniffed the bottle or smelled it on paper. I actually didn't even like it that much when I wore my sample. But recently I tried it again and have really been enjoying it....guess that goes to show what a difference 5 years can make!

wind83
wind83

Well i wear this perfume at night, and its too heavy, plum and the woody not match/ blend in my skin.
even my son got me oh mom i dont like the smell.
its not like Light and Blue, its like more unisex or for man perfume.

a little dissapoint with me to buy this.

Metiche
Metiche

People, I believe that this fragrance is really close to Blue Light D&G, so, if you are thinking the same why you didn't insert that information on the "This perfume reminds me of" area? - Saying the true, i think this perfume smells very close to that one but, Creed is Creed, still the best :) I will buy this perfume in order to have it in my personal collection :)

Bihter
Bihter

I hate to say that about a Creed perfume but some of you were right, because this one is very similar to D&G Light Blue.

SuadKhamis
SuadKhamis

It Is D&G Light Blue no doubt!

Germany
Germany

This is a nicely done ceadery plumy woody creed. Perfect for women any age. Indeed this is a more refind version of DG light blue. Much more refind and better dry down in my opinion but yes very similar and if this is too expensive then DG will do just fine.
Starts of with citrusy plummy accords , on the sweet side , morphes into pear and flowers, still on fruity citrus side and ends up heavenly sandalwood ceader note. I am thinking of buying this one. I can't decide between Virgin island water and Acqua Fiorentina . I might end up with both but I think this I prefer for now. Then there is also Fleur de Bulgary. All three are so very good!

StopHammertime

Okay, I wrote an initial review over a sample I had purchased. I loved that sample. It smelled like Light Blue with sugar cubes tossed in for good measure. Like when I take the lemon out of my water at a restaurant and put sugar on it and eat it. Clean and sugary-sweet. I HAD to have a full bottle.
Fast forward to my actual purchase of the full bottle. Excited, I spray the top of my hand with it, fan it out to dry it down a bit, and inhale deeply.
Um, what happened to Light Blue with sugar cubes?!?!? This smelled like an old tree. As it started to dry down, it soured into a rancid, [I hate to say this] menstruation+puke-smelling mess. I couldn't wear it, as I walked around it kept wafting up to my nose, like I had accidently thrown up on myself a little and hadn't bothered cleaning it off. It was terrible.
I tried it 2 more times, hoping maybe my body chemistry was off the first time and that was what was making it smell SO AWFUL. Each time I got the same outcome. SO. GROSS.
WHYYYYYYYY CREED?!?!! The sample was so beautiful! What the hell happened here!

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Okay, this is straight up, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue. When I heard other people saying it smelled like light blue, I didn't wanna believe them. But, alas, its true!! I smell light blue and nothing else.

dorothea333
dorothea333

To me it is sweet and even a little heavy. Mostly prunes and freshly chopped wood with a hint of citrus. Not an unpleasant scent, but not that wonderful either.
It could be used as a unisex fragrance.(Probably because of the intensive wood notes).
The bottle express something very light, beautiful and feminine(even girly), but because of the unisex touch, I think that the bottle and the fragrance doesn't really fit each other.

Jewey1820
Jewey1820

I wanted to try this for ages. In the bottle this smells very light and citrus. Once on this turns into a deep plum with a hint of pear. Definately no traces of light blue, far richer and warm. I can imagine if worn too heavily this could become too sickly but a light dab creates a warm smell which you catch every now and then. Would I pay full price (purchased a sample)? Not sure, I don't dislike it just not sure it's worth the full RRP. I would recommend its worth a try though.

blueangel0313
blueangel0313

This perfume was a disappointment. It is such a lovely scent, but it does not last an hour. Not worth the money due to the longevity issue. Save yourself some money and buy some plum oil, a bottle of light blue and wear together.

Unfortunately this is my least favourite Creed scent. It's of no fault of its own, I'm just not a fruity floral fan.

Every time I approach the Creed counter in my local department store a sales assistant will try and push this scent on me. Perhaps it's my youth that makes me look like an Acqua Fiorentina type, the kind of girl that enjoys crisp and clean fruity scents.

Something that is impressive however about Acqua Fiorentina is its crispness. This fragrance is not sweet at all, in fact it can smell rather tart and juicy at times, especially in regards to the sour green apple and grapefruit accords.

For such a fresh scent I'm surprised by its strength. There's no doubt that you're paying for quality ingredients when it comes to Creed. Apparently Acqua Fiorentina was originally discontinued, however it has now been re-released as an 'Encore' special edition. I'm no Creed expert, but I'm assuming that the formulation hasn't been altered in any way.

I must say I'm pleased to see Creed becoming more widely available in Australia in recent months. It's about time. If anything Acqua Fiorentina is best suited to the warmer weather and seeing that Summer is just kicking into gear over here in Australia, I may be kind and give this fragrance another chance to woo me.

molson316
molson316

I had never even heard of this frag until a couple if weeks ago...

A woman passed by me in a store and it wasn't until I was 5 ft past her that I hit a wave of fresh air. I realized it had to be her perfume so, being driven by my olfactory senses, I turned back around to find out. I stayed a good 5' away from her trying to determine exactly what some of the notes were that kept softly floating around. All I kept thinking was that it just smelled like fresh air! Brisk but not harsh. Clean without being medicinal. Floral without being flowery. Slightly sweet but not cloying. Not one note seemed to dominate but there was a soft ozonic quality to it and whatever it was I had to know!

When I finally got around to asking her & she told me it was Acqua Fiorentina she said she was surprised I could detect it because she had spritzed it over 5 hrs ago. Sooo, great longevity & sillage.

I was surprised when I checked on Fragrantica, and saw it compared to Lt Blue. I've worn Light Blue for years and this is no Light Blue as other reviewers have stated. The notes in Acqua Fiorentina seem more abstract, complex and perfectly balanced. I was also surprised and disappointed when I saw the price. When Nordstroms opens here I will be sampling this and if my impressions are confirmed I will absolutely have to get it regardless of the cost!

No substitutions for this one I'm thinking!!
Willing to swap my Coco Mademoiselle Parfum for this! If interested please PM me?

dmarcus1260
dmarcus1260

I admire people that have an acute sense of smell, especially being able to tell the difference between Light Blue and Acqua Florentina. Yesterday when I wore Acqua Florentina for the first time, I thought the seller duped me by giving me a decant of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. About three hours into the dry down it became apparent I was sold the real deal because Light Blue begins to fall apart on my skin, smelling kind of rusty. Acqua Florentina smelled very fresh throughout the duration of the dry down. Another give away was the longevity, Light Blue generally last for about five hours whereas Acqua Florentina was still detectable for nine hours.

Today I am wearing Acqua Florentina on the back of my left hand, Light Blue on my right. I applied both fragrances about an hour ago. If I smell Light Blue first I get the apple note with some lemon while Acqua Florentina smells more fruity which in turn gives Acqua Florentina more depth. If I smell Acqua Florentina first and then go directly to Light Blue, Light Blue smells slightly medicinal, probably because of the cedar note. I still like Light Blue although I prefer Acqua Florentina. Acqua Florentina seems to have more layers while Light Blue is kind of flat if that makes any sense.

Sunflower77
Sunflower77

Acqua Fiorentina does not remind me of Light Blue. Its top notes include a very strong plum note, which at times can be overpowering and gives out a slightly bitter medicinal aroma. I noticed the fresh citrus note behind the plum note. This citrus note is the reason many compared Acqua Fiorentina with Light Blue. However, the darker plum note is missing in Light Blue, but is present in AF throughout, although it does become less noticeable in the dry down phase.

I guess this dark plum note is supposed to be in contrast with the fresh and bright citrus note and make AF more sophisticated. However, I would love this fragrance more if the plum note is removed. My husband said he also disliked the plum note.

kongtatsu
kongtatsu

This perfume is really bad. It smells strange, remind me of the smell of medicine syrup. Maybe it suits for old lady, not the women in this millennium.

StopHammertime

I will add to this review later, this is just my initial experience.
I bought a small sample from STC. I have used it twice now. I get the comparison to light blue - it smells like someone took a glass of light blue and threw some sugar cubes in it. However I find this to have MUCH better longevity. Also there is just something about it that makes me say 'wow'. I will definitely have to purchase a FB.

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Acqua Fiorentina is a light, lovely summer fragrance. I love the citrusy opening notes of sugared grapefruit. A half hour after it is applied, violet blossoms emerge, followed by candied almond. It is a terrific Creed perfume, but am disappointed with its longevity.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

High quality, beautiful, light, cheerful and feminine fruity-floral fragrance. Perfect for summer because it's deliciously refreshing and airy. It was still around me after 7 hours of wear, so I have no complains about its longevity. Moreover, it clings to my clothes and I can smell a delicious plum & pear combination the next day (and I used a drop on my cleavage rather than my blouse). It opens with a fresh bergamot mixed with juicy plum & pear, fresh lemon, delicate rose & carnation It's well blended and very pleasant. Adorable scent.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

As soon as I wore it, I loved the trail it created as I moved my arm. Lovely fresh florals. Yes, lots of fresh florals dominated by the rose but accompanied by the carnations and tempered with pear. Beautiful floral perfume.

One dab on me
Sillage: 2 feet
Longevity: 2 hours
Rating: 3.5/5

NoFutureWithoutPerfume
NoFutureWithoutPerfume

This is gorgeous, simply to die for scent. BUT it does not last. It's such a tease perfume. It would be worth every penny & would be a great signature scent but after 2 hours -- it's gone. As if you never put perfume on at all! No dry down to it, not that it needs to change because it's fantastic from the start but it floats away. SO SO SO disappointing because it is a master piece.

Xanovia
Xanovia

I love the fragrance but I just wanted to point something out in relation to an earlier comment about 'fakes'... My wife owns this perfume... We purchased it back in 2009 (it's an 09 batch) @ full retail... When we originally purchased it there was a soft purple color to the juice... Obviously this was a natural color because as time has passed the juice is now basicly clear... (Only a slight pink hue remains...) The bottle has been stored with the cap always on at a constant 68F-70F for temprature and has NEVER been in direct sunlight and does not smell off or what have you... The juice smells exactly like it did the day we purchased it years ago but it is no longer a purple-ish color... I am just trying to point out that if you have this juice and it is in the original packaging (Not the new 'Encore' with the purple flowers) and your juice is clear it does NOT mean your bottle is a fake unlike what an earlier post says... It just means your juice (like ours) is no longer purple... ^_^

In addition... People this does NOT smell like Light Blue... My wife has both fragrances and I put them on my arms just to compare them... Yeah... Anyone that feels this smells like Light Blue must also think crack smells like Light Blue because you must be smoking it... ^_^ Sorry... Just my opinion of course but seriously... Put them side by side and say they smell the same so I can see you do it and then I'll call you a crack head... ^_~)

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I'm going to have to be boring, but I don't have much exciting things to say about this scent...

At the very first spritz I thought that maybe we'd be taking a fun green aromatic road, but no, it turned out to be a little too reminiscent of Moschino I love love and its many, many cousins. I would call it a Light Blue for people who have a lot of money. Boring, overdone and... pass. You can get the same result somewhere else for cheaper. Highly overpriced!!

Mia D.
Mia D.

tried today,in love with it! <3

chirobi
chirobi

A really nice balance of floral, fruity, and citrusy flavors with a hint of woods that is not generic nor evocative of tweeny perfumes. In fact, I find it to be quite sophisticated for something that's fruity. The citrus is faint, not acidic, and never dominates even in the opening. It can be very long lasting, if you douse it on yourself. I accidentally spilled some of my sample vial on my arm 12hrs ago and it's still very present. In addition to the notes mentioned here, I also get something very creamy from 12hrs ago to now.

Oh, and I prefer this over Light Blue in both the bottle and the juice, which is pleasant but smells of lesser quality and is more synthetic. Of course, with Creed's price tag, it's to be expected that they deliver something more.

lini
lini

smells exactly like D&G light blue

Katiepop
Katiepop

I've found that it lasts FOREVER when you spray it on clothes.
edit again : after having this perfume a long time i found that the plum note completely ruins it for me and gives me a headache and makes me feel like puking. go for DandG light blue. it doesnt have that weird note in it.

butterbean
butterbean

LOVE. One of my fav's. It is clean, fresh, watery, fruity and slightly cedar. It reminds me of some of the notes in Spring Flowers but no sharp melon. This is much nicer.

mmm. It smells wonderful. It is balanced very nice. It lasts quite a long time on me, and the sillage is just right.

Acqua Fiorentina -- first spray blast of citrusy tart green apple that quickly fades to delicious plum rose and well balanced cedar. The cedar is balanced with sandalwood and its very nice. Plum lasts through the whole dry down giving it a delicious sweetness.

It's very feminine. The Plum really makes this fragrance juicy yet floral and I love what it adds to it. Its really pretty.

Yes it is similar to D&G Light Blue, Eclat D'Arpege and Bond No 9 Scent of Peace -- but they are different. I think it depends on your nose. Some differences are subtle.

Light Blue -- much more lemon citrus and cedar...and I mean a lot more! sharper, and the cedar tends to really come out strongly lasting quite a long time. On me - Light Blue goes extra cedary and everything else is gone.

Eclat D'Argpege -- very similar but this is more floral. Think Lilac and Wisteria - because that is what you smell. The cedar note in this very very light and fade. The sweet and warm amber comes out in the dry down with a lovely wisteria.

Bond No 9 Scent of Peace. -- most similar to Acqua Fiorentina. I do love this one too! I love the black current in this.

FYI as of 2010 Creed Acqua Fiorentina is no longer a light purple color and they changed the bottle. After the earthquake in Haiti, one of the floral notes they can no longer get. The color of the juice has changed due to that. They changed the bottle and painted the embossed flowers on the metallic chrome like strip on the sides of the bottle. The Fleur de Lys crest on the top of the cap is now purple. If you have clear juice, your bottle should have the painted pink flowers with green leaves running the sides of the bottle and purple crest on the cap. If you have no painting on the sides, and no purple cap and your juice is clear -- you have a fake.

lupereira
lupereira

The openning is woody, something male. But after few minutes it cames fruity, acquatic, a little floral. It is very femnine,but not cute. It is strong and has personality. It remids me Light Blue DG, but with more, more personality.

trueblue19
trueblue19

I was very disappointed when I tried this fragrance. I expected much better composed work from a house like Creed. There is nothing interesting or exciting about it. My favourite Creed scent is Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie (a voluptuous empress), comparing to which this young frag smells like a common merchant's 16yo daughter. It's not a bad perfume at all but who would invest £££ on it when you can buy Eclat d'Arpege and Light Blue (both share similarity with this perfume but Light Blue is even better) at a way more affordable price??? Plus nor the longevity or sillage is impressive. Shame shame.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

I tested this today and was totally shocked!!! This really is just beautiful. It opens with beautiful sweetness from the plum and apple and has a tartness from the bergamot. There is an immediate ozonic watery quality to this that is just lovely!! The rose and carnation are like no other rose scent I have smelled before. They are there but so unique. It's not like dipping your face into a bouquet of roses. I imagine sitting outside at a long picnic table covered in white linens in the heart of Firenze on a beautiful summer afternoon under the shade of tall heavenly trees amongst a table of friends. It's like this beautiful fruit salad that has been laced together with the most gorgeous and fragrant rose and carnation petals. I imagine eating this delectable salad wearing a gorgeous white linen dress and the most beautiful sandals and an amazing straw hat. Vino? Yes please!!

At first I sprayed this on a card and thought to myself "What is that"? Scent of Peace, Eclat D' Arpege, Light Blue...? I couldn't place it and now I have figured it out. This reminds me of all three. I got home and sprayed them and yes they are totally different!! NO they are not the same but share citrus, ozonic, aquatic similarities. Acqua Fiorentina is beautifully done. No ugly synthetic notes to contend with. Is this a masterpiece? I think not but it is a beautifully done fruity floral for those of us who enjoy wearing these types of scents.

I know a lot of people have been disappointed by this scent but I am definitely NOT one of them. I think this scent is purely divine and am buying a full bottle after I write this review. I have Eclat D' Arpege & Scent of Peace and will be adding this lovely to my collection as well. To all you ladies who love a well done fruity floral, this beauty deserves a sniff!!! Oh, longevity and silage...Outstanding!!!

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Acqua Fiorentina Creed
is one of the finest fragrances produced by French since 1760. It was first supplied to Royal household then was adopted by Napoléon III and Empress Eugénie of France, Franz-Joseph and Elizabeth of Austro-Hungary and Queen Christina of Spain.

It is made of handpicked flowers from different European locations including Bulgarian rose. However Carnation flower is quite strong & my boyfriend says it slightly smells burnt.

Top note: Lightly sweet greengage plum, often used in cuisine as a dessert plum, Diamond Jubilee Apples and pruneau are the opening notes.

Middle note: Renaissance roses, white carnations, Florentine pear, Sicilian bergamot and Calabrian lemons are a fine serenade of fruits and blooms.

Base note: Virginia cedar and Indian sandalwood are a heart-charming close, with a lively hint of white grapefruit.

Most beautiful perfume, I've ever had. And is my most favourite too.

xox

musicaficta
musicaficta

I, too, have wondered what the connection was of this fragrance to Florence. Is it the scent of the Arno River that wafts up to the merchants on the Ponte Vecchio?
Perhaps it is the scent of the holy water in the Duomo? I guess, as Soft Cells has pointed out, it is all about the fruit. Since I'm not 100% familiar with the fruit grown in Tuscany, I can only imagine that there are plentiful amounts of citrus and plums in the surrounding countryside.

Although I had high hopes for this fragrance, I can't get beyond a weird salty celery note that clobbers the opening. The celery is somewhat tamed as time moves on, but it remains persistently and pervasively present through the curtain call. Is this the note that Soft Cells had difficulty with?

Perhaps my "smeller" is off. After all, I'm one of the few people who smell mixed nuts in Mitsouko, so maybe some circuits are overloaded in the olfactory sense. Until, I have a definitive answer, I will persist with this one, and hope that time will reinterpret the celery note.

Soft Cells
Soft Cells

Although I am Italian, and often going to Florence, I confess that the name leaves me rather perplexed (which would link the scent and the Tuscan city?). The answer i've given to myself is that's a name which is quite smart and attractive. Apart from that the fragrance is reminiscent of a bag of fruit in a forgotten corner of midsummer days, almost perfect in its roundness, striking a note that I do not understand - something spicy and bitter? Perhaps rightly so, the sweetness is subdued - very intense but very original. Do not pass unnoticed , to be dosed carefully

TvojaPsihFantasija
TvojaPsihFantasija

It is just perfect! Nothing more to add! Fresh, juicy, citrus - just magnificent! And absolutely unique! My Creeds' favourite!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

ok, I have a confession to make: first time I smelled Acqua Fiorentina, I thought it smelled like bug spray - pungent, sweet-n-sour artificial smell. I tested it again one year later and I guess something has changed in my mind, because now I find this scent very attractive. I can really smell plum in the composition (juicy sour plum, that is still a bit green) and cedar. Acqua Fiorentina has something in common with Bond 9 Scent of Peace and Light Blue, but still different. Surprisingly, it has great projection and longevity, ans the bottle is gorgeous.

artsyrn
artsyrn

I get an ozonic,strong-sweet, peachy impression. A little bit does go a long, long way! This both projects and lasts for miles. There is a familiar fruity shampoo scent that is not indulgent but clean, fresh, simple and youthful.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

A fragrance that divides me because I like it, but do I like it enough for this price tag?
It is really likable, fresh, tangy and extremely natural citrus presented at its best. Herbal undertones leave a dewy green impression. Later on it really becomes fruity, and it smells like frozen peach and crushed mint leaves, flower petals here and there give out some sweetness and warmth. The sillage and longevity are impressive for such a tangy fragrance and you can tell that its made with quality ingredients and precision because it develops nicely and smells strikingly natural. I'd say it falls somewhere between a cologne and EDT.
I'm unsure if I'd spend on any of the Creed line, let alone this delicate creation, but I enjoyed testing it a lot. It put the last touch to my pseudo-dandy outfit today - tweed, breeches, pastel tones and all.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I’m starting to think that my tastes are rather “plebian” because my favorite fragrances always turn out to be rather mainstream. I still yet have to find a favorite among very expensive exclusive fragrances and Acqua Florentina is no exception. I was in Neiman Marcus and told the SA that I was looking for something fruity and fresh with superior lasting power. She did deliver because she sprayed this fragrance on my arm and it is fruity, fresh and lasted at least 6 hours on my skin. Whether I liked it ..ah, it’s a whole different story. From the beginning I thought Hmm, this is interesting, very unusual fragrance-on one hand I could smell fruit(I thought it was lychi, it was bergamot, oh well..), on the other, there was floral note(rose) and last, it was rather watery and almost aquatic? Hmm, hard to explain but the impression that I got is Acqua Florentina is almost like 3 different fragrances rolled into one, which haven’t been blended all that well. People at the mall probably thought I was crazy because I continued to smell my arm with I’m sure, a very puzzled look my face. You could almost see a question mark forming above my head-is it floral? Is it fruity? Is it aquatic? I give up.
I don’t normally ask my husband for advice but he volunteered an opinion that it smelled “weird” and what he meant was neither here, no there kind of fragrance. I give it thumbs up for superior lasting power but scent itself, no, not for me. It did make me interested enough to try other Creed fragrances so perhaps I may get lucky with another one.

PiggyB
PiggyB

Very aquatic and fruity fragrance of the theme “Firenze”.
One of beautiful creations from the house of Creed.

Firenze was a city or a right place to think over our future.
What are the things we want to reserve?
What is the minimum requirement? Do we need a big change?
How the world would be like in the future?

We are living in a modernized way and tend to forget such a circuit of ideas.
Acqua Fiorentina brings me back in such memory by its name.

I want to feel natural fruity aroma and search for the notes in it.
I sniff my arm repeatedly when I wear it on.
I feel something missing every time, still complicated.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A rather run-of-the-mill fragrance, which surprised me, given that it comes from the prestigious Creed house of perfumes. I liked the initial fruity notes but the dry down seemed to be dominated by the lemon. This was just too tangy for me.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

While I agree that the packaging is lovely, Acqua Fiorentina disappoints me immensely. I figured from reading about it that this perfume was an impeccably rendered olfactory essay on greengage plum, steeped in an Italianate style of Mediterranean flowers and woods. It certainly is an exceptional (and fleeting) take on greengage, but aside from a momentary burst in the top notes, the plum does little to assert itself amidst the many calone-laden elements that surround it. In tiny doses, the plum dominates, but in anything more than a few drops, Acqua Fiorentina simply becomes a watery fruity-floral that lacks the individuality that is necessary to make paying for its quality worthwhile. Expect to smell lots of plummy and berried rose, awash in a sea of nondescript watery notes. Unless this kind of unremarkable pleasantness is your bag, skip Acqua Fiorentina and investigate other, more interesting Creeds.

melia
melia

When I saw this in the shop, I was absolutely in love with the packaging... On pictures it doesn't look so stunning, but in real life it really is. To me it is the most georgeous design ever. So I really hoped for something good to come out of it... And I was disappointed. It was very fresh, -something everybody allready knows-, and the cedar-drydown really annoyed me. What a pity. On the other hand that meant I wouldn't have to spend a fortune on getting a bottle. But a while later I tried this sample that I had, and it seemed I got used to that superfreshness and that cedar didn't really appeal to me anymore. Now I have to say it is propably one of the highest quality citrusses I know. Not chemical at all (a la toilet refreshener), just very good citrus. You just have to take the time to really smell it. Still, I hoped for something with more flowers, more complex... All in all it's nice, but to me not price-worthy.

Edit: HA! I've found a cheaper smell-a-like! It's Dior Addict Shine: they have the same amalfi lemon-cedar combination in the drydown which makes them very similar. For some reason I still like Acqua Fiorentina more though, it's a bit more 'clear'. But Shine is a very good one if you're searching for an alternative.

guest_Padma
guest_Padma

I just love it... No words, no Dolce and Gabbana fake smell... Just flowers and fruits, a perferct combination of nature!!

guest_Anne
guest_Anne

Love this perfume. On first spray I thought nothing special but after a minute or two, the most beautiful flora aroma developed. The plum adds something that is totally original and unique. I find it a beautiful perfume, it makes you ask when you wear it, what is that beautiful smell?

Scents and Scentsibility
Scents and Scentsibility

After I fell in love with Original Vetiver (on a guy, not on me), I went to Saks determined to find a Creed for myself - how difficult can it be?

Difficult.

The plum is strong on this one, and that's what I couldn't get over. It's not just a top note, either - it lingers (thanks, Millesime, you work, and you love me long time but I no want you). It burrows into the skin. I like that the bouquet is complex and layered. But that plum - it wasn't just plum, it was like umeboshi. Ugh.

The other Creed I was testing was the Spring Flower - flat and smack-your-nose flower bomb... like someone thrust a bouquet of flowers in front of your face. No thank you.

The search for the one continues :)

I had a chance to test and get a sample of Acqua Fiorentina in a beautiful perfume shop and I immediately felt conquered by it. This is a beautiful, happy, floral-fruity scent with a lovely aromatic drydown that lingers for hours. In the citrusy start I smell a beautiful ripe sweet prune, absolutely divine and no way near to all the fake fruits around in perfumes.
The heart of rose is very fragrant and again very natural stuff.
I'm usually not a fan of fruity-floral, but as summer comes toward me after a cold cold cold winter I feel a need for fresh, ripe fruit and flowers!
I spent 15 minutes in delight, then Acqua Fiorentina began to smell differently on my skin... always so nice and aromatic, but... wait a minute! I know this one! To my sad disappointment I smelt D&G Light Blue! Not a bad scent in itself but very abused and over-abused by everyone. Streets, offices, restaurants here smell of D&G Light Blue which actually smells slightly different on every chemistry. Either that or Hypnotique or Coco Mademoiselle. A nightmare.
I didn't know others think the same. Apaprently I'm not the only one who has this perception.
I'm not saying that Acqua Fiorentina is exactly the same as Light Blue! They are very similar like a shimmering aristocratic deluxe beautiful spring princess and her more modest and pop cousin.
AF is very expensive like all Creed. It's also quite long lasting. If I had a bottle of this I would spray it everyday in big pleasure. Unfortunately it's not time to spend money over perfumes for me and for that price I would rather not smelling like all women around and their sisters.

Creed ACQUA FIORENTINA opens with a burst of aromatic lemony freshness which led me to believe that this was either unisex or perhaps even a masculine frag. Shortly thereafter, the citrusy quality subsides, making way for a resinous floral-woody drydown which leans more toward the feminine side. I am finding this androgynous quality more often than not in my travels through CREED...

I, too, find a family resemblance between ACQUA FIORENTINA and D&G LIGHT BLUE, but the Creed composition has a great deal more depth, and significantly better staying power. I also love the moist greenness in ACQUA FIORENTINA, which seems similar to watercress or clover.

By chance I chose an unexpectably toasty (87F) day in Boston to test this fragrance, and I found that the resinous quality may make AF better suited to slightly cooler temperatures. Nonetheless, I very much like this fragrance, which is appealing particularly in the drydown, as the wood, the floral and the resin notes mingle together most harmoniously.

guest_Linda
guest_Linda

What a hell, creed fiorentina doesnt smell like dolce and gabbana light blue. Obviosly that person has no knowledge of perfumes.

Migotka
Migotka

After the first spray I was 100% sure I will buy it. Might be expensive but I have just fallen in love with it.

However, it changes dramatically within minutes of applying. I sniffed my wrist and I just could not recognise the scent at all, it changed completely from one minute to another.

The beginning is very optimistic and cripsy, made me think of Italian holiday resort during summer season, vibrant and colorful, but later on Acqua Fiorentina develops somewhat smoky and cloudy. It becomes heavier, you can definitely smell the gorgeous plum note, wood and rose in the background.

The final phase is the best though, it settles down to sandalwood rose with a hint of citrus. If I ever stay in Italy during late autumn, I would love to wear this one sitting on a veranda watching a sunset, with a shawl around my arms.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I like this fresh plum-rose-sandalwood scent. Maybe not enough to buy a full bottle at 200$...

8,5/10

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I tested it today and found it very similar to Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. Not surprisingly, Acqua Fiorentina smells more natural, less sweet and more tart than Light Blue. The fruitiness here seemed to come from plums as opposed to the green apples found in Light Blue. These plums were mildly sweet at first, but became green and bitter by the time the fragrance reached its half-life. During this second stage, a rich floral bouquet developed, and the scent became stronger, more pungent and fizzier. I get a round, soft jasmine scent in the middle stages of Light Blue; here, the florals seemed greener and sharper, almost like wildflowers. The drydown was the softest stage of the scent. The tartness mellowed down quite a bit and I was left with remnants of the flowers and a woodsy base of mostly cedar and some sandalwood. Please note that there is a very tart and lemony cloud surrounding the scent from top to bottom. Like any Creed fragrance, Acqua Fiorentina is undoubtedly a work of art of exceptional quality, and I recommend it to those who enjoy citrusy scents. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people, so I found Acqua Fiorentina rather difficult to wear.

guest_hagendaz
guest_hagendaz

This is not for people used to heavy florals and stuff or those who dont understand how hard it is to create a citrus frag. Fiorentina gets the balance just right.A combination of notes results in a delicious tart plum nose and the rose, lemon and cedar provide ample balance and depth to this charming fragrance. Is it absolutely unique? No, its just the latest fruity-floral, albeit a very well crafted ones. Off you girls go to your victorian powerhouses, I will rejoice in the delicate aroma of Fiorentina in this heat.

cynthia44
cynthia44

I have been wearing Creed for years. I wonder if this is the first collaboration betwen the father and son. Sounds yummy,plums and roses

Acqua Fiorentina by Creed 4.01 out of 5 based on 231 ratings and 60 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Acqua Fiorentina fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Acqua Fiorentina, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua Fiorentina by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua Fiorentina by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.