Designers » C » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Ambre Cannelle Creed for women and men

Ambre Cannelle Creed for women and men
dislike

Ambre Cannelle Creed for women and men Pictures

Ambre Cannelle (French for "amber cinnamon") is an unforgettable perfume, rumored to be a favorite of Eva Peron, the famous and courageous former first lady of Argentina. The type of amber used in Ambre Cannelle is the resin derived from a fir tree in the Patagonia region of Argentina.

This warm and seductive gourmand fragrance opens with bergamot and berries, followed by coriander and rose. Vanilla, amber and spices form the base.

It is available in a 75 ml bottle. Ambre Cannelle was launched in 1949. The nose behind this fragrance is James Henry Creed Fifth Generation.

Bergamot Red Berries

Coriander tincture of rose

Vanille Spices Amber

Ambre Cannelle Fragrance Reviews

Scentrist
Scentrist

I've had a day of wearing this after a good long sampling. First, I'll just say this is an old-school amber that shares more in common with other scents of its period, that being the late-40's/early-50's. Not saying it's bad, but if you can imagine the period, that should set the stage.

This is all about the amber and spices, cinnamon and coriander chief among them. Rose sets in the background very subtly, not over-powering. It's warm and spicy in a way you would expect of a dignified scent, nothing is out of control. And there is more than a passing resemblance to Cinnabar -- rather, I should say that Cinnabar bears a strong resemblance to Ambre Cannelle given the creation of each, although Ambre Cannelle is a much more refined scent.

Longevity is excellent -- this is not a watered-down EDT formulation -- and sillage is moderate although liberal application will send this out of control. All of that said...

This is a very mid-century rendition of amber, so for those seeking a more contemporary amber, this won't be it. "Classy" as another reviewer termed it.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

On my skin Ambre Cannelle has absolutely no cinnnamon or amber notes. I get only bay leaf, pepper, coriander and the musks.

On my skin it smells dated and not in a good way. On me it made me smell like someone who hadn't bathed and just splashed old cologne all over themselves.

This one just didn't work on me. Ended up swapping my bottle and I wouldn't repurchase.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I'm very sensitive to the rose scent. After applying this, I can tell you that for me, its all about the rose. There is powder. If there is anything else in this, it is overpowered by the rose. For me, this is not a good thing. If you do not like rose, please test first.

I'll let this dry down and transform (god please let it transform) and edit this review should anything develop. If you don't see me come back, assume the rose killed me.

Soli
Soli

When smelling directly from the bottle, I smell amber and spices. Putting it on my skin there is a short breeze of bergamote and berries. This dries down very quickly and coriander breaks through mixed with the rose. It soon becomes a pretty light mix with a discrete sweetness. It´s a very subtle aroma not sharp or obtrusive. After a while I can smell some faint vanilla hints together with the amber and some indications of cinnamon. After some one hour the scent have transformed into more of a feeling than a smell. Very light amber and just a very soft shadow of slightly sweet cinnamon.I get that feeling of have taken a nice bath and scrubbed myself with a wonderful soap and I really feel surrounded by a feeling of cleanness. Like when you enjoy the scent of clean linen in your bed. A classy, very light beauty. Perhaps the stayingpower increaces if you apply this one on a hot day but today I can give you only my opinion about it on a cold winter day.

Ambre Cannelle by Creed 3.53 out of 5 based on 36 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Ambre Cannelle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Ambre Cannelle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ambre Cannelle by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ambre Cannelle by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Caron Pour Un Homme de Caron Creed Original Santal Guerlain Jicky Yves Saint Laurent M7 Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur Creed Original Vetiver Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Dior Eau Sauvage Davidoff Zino Davidoff Bond No 9 New Haarlem Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman Gucci Gucci pour Homme Oscar de la Renta Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui Hermes Equipage Juicy Couture Dirty English for Men Guerlain Vetiver Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Guerlain Shalimar Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Creed Royal Delight