Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Angelique Encens Creed for women

Angelique Encens Creed for women
dislike

Angélique Encens belongs to the Creed Private Collection, which consists of perfumes originally created for famous clients. The Private Collection scents, when available, are offered in large 250 ml tinted glass flacons with ground glass stoppers, covered in natural hide and sealed with gold thread.

This timeless and theatrical fragrance, favored by legendary screen siren Marlene Dietrich, was launched in 1933. The notes of the composition are: angelica, tuberose, rose, jasmine, amber, vanilla and incense. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Fourth Generation.

Jasmine Tuberose Angelica Amber Incense Vanille Rose

Burlesque: Gypsy

Angelique Encens Fragrance Reviews

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I would sell a kidney to get my hands on a bottle of this: all I have left is a 1ml decant and that's it. This is a breathtaking and beautiful fusion of incense softened with a hint of vanilla and underpinned with smooth and sultry jasmine. Its seductive and mysterious. It dries down to a wonderful powder-not an old lady perfume powdery note, but a sensuous lingering note hinting at pleasure, almost carnal (in a ladylike way). It is most definitely an evening scent,

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Smoke and vanilla, sort of muffled and very warm scent.
Not sweet, just dark elegant floral incensy vanilla perfume. It's more winter scent.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

This is a beautiful, beautiful floriental with finely blended incense and vanilla. This is so different from the bombshell tuberose fragrances I am used to that plop down in your face screaming "look at me" I can't really say I smell tuberose here but I smell Jasmine and Roses for sure. This actually smells like flowers, creamy, dainty little flowers that act as servants. Servants that continuously run to your beck and call as you crave for more.

The vanilla is ever present as the notes play ring around the rosy but they never fall down. They stand to fulfill your craving and you cannot get enough of the seamless intertwining of all the ingredients that are mixed by a master for sure. The incense is just right, not bossy or masculine, rather reserved like a sharp dressed man.

As a Queen rules over her castle, Angelique Ecens rule over her subjects. You may feel the need to courtesy but I recommend taking a bow.

Thank you ever so much to the kind member who gifted me this precious fragrance.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

This is a beautiful oriental ambery floral vanilla! ;) If you like amber with a touch of incense, you should try this. On my skin, vanilla is particularly strong, but I don't mind, as it is powdery and cozy.
I like how it doesn't go overboard crazy with incense and does not turn into wood-chips incense, as many incense perfumes out there often do. Incense is intense here, but it is blended well with other notes.
I love this!

Angelique Encens is a perfume that I love for memory's sake.
Tuberose and amber shoulb be a dream for me.
Instead it has never been my type in spite of my search for a good ambery scent, but AE is also very woody and incensey. Too much for me, almost choking and too strongly reminding of old wooden furniture like an old library with many shelves and tons of old books with yellowish paper. I expect a noble intellectual wearing this while studying ancient texts.
In this sense it is enchanting as it can conjure such a vivid image in my (poor) mind!
It's a high quality perfume with lot of style and it makes you feel stylish and elegant in a old world kind if it works fine with your chemistry.
On my chemistry it's old furniture.
Angelique Encens was signature for a friend of mine I haven't seen for ages. She was beautiful in an extravagant way. She lives far from me. I still remember how AE smelled on her: sweet amber, highly enjoyable true amber, powdered but kicking and sweet. A dream. She sported it around with great nonchalance and made her even more interesting and lovely even if not a stereotyped beauty in herself. Even better.

Tovah
Tovah

I've always been a fan of vampire literature, and yes, I do indulge in watching True Blood as a guilty pleasure. However, the current vampire trend so far has produced a pseudo-gothic, suburban, teeny-bopper culture that is far removed from the tortured moral ambiguity of the classic vampire. Fans of classic vampire tales, with all their bloody sexual tension, need to at least try Angelique Encens. This creates the feeling that made Gothic literature a sensation in the first place - the irresistble horror...the call and need for a dark side that is somehow beautiful, and fulfilling.

Louw
Louw

I agree with flhterrie that this fragrance seems to work in reverse, starting off woody then becoming more floral. It's certainly an unusual fragrance, and I desperately wanted to love it (especially as it was very expensive!). Unfortunately, on me the incense and even the tuberose were almost undetectable and it settled down to become an underwhelming musky jasmine.

flhterrie
flhterrie

Ahhhh, my beautiful Angelique Encens. What am I going to do without you. I put a tiny spray on today so I could do justice to this review and I cry thinking they are making you no more. I think of what is in you and it seems so simple but they are all my favorite things wrapped up in one fragrance. Well, except the tuberose, but even the tuberose works in this.

I find it gorgeous from the first spray although stronger and sharper in the beginning. It almost seems to work in reverse of most perfumes, seeming woodier and heavier at the start and then mellowing out with the flowers of jasmine and angelica taking the stage, backed up and supported by it's base notes but never overpowered.

I know there is no perfume equivalent I have ever smelled, but as the day wore on, I kept thinking I knew this scent from another place or source. It haunted me. Then I got it. Blue Pearl Incense. Either the Jasmine or the Sandalwood Blossom. I used to burn them all the time but haven't for a while. I pulled out my little box of incense for a sniff and there it was.

Someone, I beg you, recreate this marvelous scent.

Lady Love
Lady Love

The beginning is rather powdery, dark, very vanillic, full-bodied. It morphs quickly, on my skin, into a ancient incense.

If you smell closely, you can notice big similarities between this scent and Obsession.

Excellent staying power.

Oriental Lovers will be pleased trying this scent, i don't know If I can wear this, but Angelique encens is a very interesting olfactory experience.

Creed ANGELIQUE ENCENS is a dark and heavy oriental with a strong incense note. This composition has a very middle eastern feeling to it and seems perfectly in keeping with the sultry femme fatale image of Marlene Dietrich, who apparently donned this eau de parfum. I can see her now, cigarette dripping from her lip, captivating in her aloof, androgynous beauty.

Some may find ANGELIQUE ENCENS overbearing and befitting only of the employees of a smoke-filled brothel. The somewhat oily incense note definitely overshadows the florals and lingers on seemingly forever with an undeniable presence (= large sillage radius).

On the other hand, aoud perfumes appear to be all the rage of late, and I am entirely ignorant of the distinction between the incense note, tout court, and the specifically "aoud" incense note. Is there one sufficiently significant to be olfactorily detectable? Or are all aoud perfumes simply incense perfumes?

ANGELIQUE ENCENS is not a fragrance to wear everyday--to say nothing of draining the 250ml bottle!--but perhaps now and then, in a suitably dark, smoky and mysterious setting.

Angelique Encens by Creed 4.33 out of 5 based on 78 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Angelique Encens fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Angelique Encens, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Angelique Encens by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Angelique Encens by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.