Designers » C » Aromatic Green « Groups

Baie de Genievre Creed for women and men
dislike

cinnamon
Baie de Genievre Creed for women and men Pictures

The name of this perfume comes from one of its raw ingredients. Baie de Genievre is French for "juniper berry." To get the most exquisite fragrance, Creed allows the juniper berry to ripen for two to three years before hand-picking and drying. The fragrance is described by some as resembling another juniper berry concotion—the classic gin martini.

It opens with notes of bergamot and cinnamon leaves. The heart is composed of clove and juniper berry, while the base contains vetiver and ambergris. Baie de Genievre was launched in 1982. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot Cinnamon

Clove Juniper Berries

Ambergris Vetiver

Baie de Genievre Fragrance Reviews

Perfervid
Perfervid

Best for fall and winter. Should be revived!

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Unique, old-school gray-top Creed perfume which is sadly now vaulted. Since childhood walks through pine forests, I admired those scents. Hence, the juniper note was an easy sell for me. I appreciate the other spices (cinnamon) in the initial spray, lasting for about 20 minutes.

The drydown is deliciously tart with some spices such as clove continuing to maintain an edge. As noted by karlovonanesti, a reviewer on basenotes noted a resemblance to clean hospital bandages. I would counter that during a brief moment, I had the reminiscence of a band-aid adhesive.

Anyway, the smell is very peaceful and relaxing. I am new to the classic / discontinued Creeds and out of the ones I tried so far, it's one of the most pleasing. To me, the ambergris and clove drydown is a wonderful combination. As of right now, I have only sampled the initial notes of Chevrefeuille and can't compare the drydowns.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I had forgotten how "barbershoppy" the opening is on this one, with moderately sweet but very sharp spices (and unfortunately the alcohol really smells strong in this one). It's got a little lemon and lavender, but it's mostly bold cinnamon and nutmeg, with the bright herbal note of the juniper cutting through it. I'm not sure if they've added just a trace of vanilla, but something that's in here right from the very top notes acts as a slightly sweet, smoothing influence over the spices, keeping them in check. It's very dusty in spite of how resinously sweet it is, and gets more medicinal as the base wears on. The base is frankly disappointing compared to the great top notes. I can see why people place this on the spectrum between Epicea and BdP...I'd say this is more convincingly woody than the super-weak former, but doesn't get as heavy into florals as the latter. What bothers me is that there is a plastic-ness to it all, almost like slightly burnt insulation; I'm sure incense fans would just say it's incense, but it doesn't quite sit right with me because it's unpleasantly smoky and burnt. Arguably reminiscent of a roaring fireplace perhaps.

numcks
numcks

Slightly ginny juniper, hint of barbershop bay, warm cinnamon and clove, and a woody base with a hint of vetiver. Near perfect. Good formal frag, with a touch of edge and swagger. Deserves a better rating than it's getting here so far IMO. One of the few standout Creeds I've tried.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A very interesting rendition of a juniper based scent. The gin-like quality of the juniper berry is captivating, and perfectly melds with accompanying vetiver and clove. At once intensely fresh and clean, counterposed perfectly with earthy/organic qualities. Great winter scent, evoking dried greens and wood. Cinnamon leaf adds subtle spice to complete the composition and add an unexpected twist. Think of an outdoorsy rugged man who comes inside to shower, shave and get dressed up for a night out on the town. (65)

cwerge
cwerge

So first of, I have to say that I wear different perfumes to work and ask people around what they think. To my surprise this was the most complemented from women and man perspective. They just liked it a lot. I think once of the reasons is that its a very sophisticated type of scent. Its not simple but not overdone either. It projects elegance, class, vintage, security. It can come off as an average brut type cologne; but the concotion is very well done and disnstictive to set it apart from other over hyped creed such as GIT, Aventus etc. which I also think are great. This one is now discountinued, but if you have a chance to get your hands on it I highly recommend it because it is a great high class smell!
Close to the skin scent after 4 hours but it will get you notice for sure.

Macassar
Macassar

very nice , i tried it yesterday and was surprised how much it is similar to "Captain" from Molyneux . So , i sprayed from a bottle of Captain , i still have , to compare : they ,indeed , are quite the same

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

One of the most elegant scents from Creed. Perfect for sophisticated gentlemen. Highly recommended!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

A wise basenoter once commented that the dry-down of Baie de Genievre smells like clean hospital bandages, and I see the point. It does indeed have a clean, very hot and dry smell to it. The juniper is pungent, piney, studded with the warmth of cinnamon, clove, and notes of orange and vetiver. I like it enough, although I'm not overly enthusiastic about it, at least not the way I was about Chevrefeuille Original. The ambergris and clove make the closer on this Creed far too similar to a slew of others, and the absence of amber is what set Chevrefueille above the rest. Still, a nice winter scent that is worth checking out.

Juniper and clove are two of the most obvious notes to my nose, yet I detect neither in whatever is in my sample vial labeled Creed BAIE DE GENIEVRE.

I also know that the Creed people know what baie de genievre is: it plays an important, duly credited role in ROYAL WATER (not the Princess Di version, but the other one). In addition, in this fragrance, I detect something akin to light leather or dark tobacco, which is unaccounted for in the listed notes.

I therefore conclude, regrettably, that a decanting mistake has been made! I'll review BAIE DE GENIEVRE once I figure out a way to procure another, more reliable, hopefully carded, sample.

Sissi
Sissi

This refreshing scent reminds me with acres and acres and acres of pine trees
in the Bavarian Forest the Juniper berries transport to a vision of a medieval germanic knight like in those
wagnarian dramas where he plege his love for the fair haired maiden he loves and he promised the'll will be together in union right after the crusade of 1189 in palestine. so he placed a weath of juniper on her long
golden locks and with heavy hearts
and tears he kisses his beloved on the cheek and rode off. so she slowly
walked into a beautiful cathedral
knealed in front of the blessed mother took off her juniper weath and prayed for his safe return.

or Karin from the VirginSpring before
her innocence was lost.
you'll find a sense of purity back to
nature a cleasing of all the stresses in the moderen world in this scent.

Baie de Genievre by Creed 4.13 out of 5 based on 49 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Baie de Genievre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Baie de Genievre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Baie de Genievre by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Baie de Genievre by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.