Designers » C » Citrus « Groups

Bois de Cedrat Creed for women and men
dislike

sour
Bois de Cedrat Creed for women and men Pictures

Bois de Cedrat contains lemon and cedarwood oil from the juniper cedar tree native to Texas. Its name translates to “Citrus Wood” or more specifically, "Lemon Wood."

This light, fresh unisex fragrance opens with Sicilian lemon, followed by a heart of Calabrian Mandarin, on a base of cedarwood and ambergris.

Bois de Cedrat was launched in 1875. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Third Generation.

Sicilian Lemon

Calabrian Mandarin

Cedar Ambergris

Hugo
Eau Sauvage

Bois de Cedrat Fragrance Reviews

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Beautiful lemon and cedar opening. Very uplifting, refreshing, and relaxing. Very pleasant and sweet drydown. Sadly longevity is an issue.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A nice lemon scent, but, golly, on my skin it was gone in a half hour. No lie. $300+ ? No.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Airy lemons and quite sweet with the famous amber base. The problem is I feel it is just a little too linear and lacks that modern touch, maybe some vanilla or pink pepper even would have helped to add some weight.

Very weak, but you get the Creed quality. But the dated type - not the newer Millesimes that definitely have a better ingredient extracting process.

Sadly cannot give very high marks. Look to Aventus or for similar - Neroli sauvage millesime.

6/10.

b360
b360

well for a formula thats 135 years old i must say this at first was a new experience...never have smelled such a sophisticated citrus scent...lemon candy somewhat tart kind of spicey middle notes that stay yummy but in the end its short lived tho .....sprayed my polo up 3 or 4 times n darn smells gone in 2 hours.....also for warm weather too...i always want this to last buuuut dont over due this or alas youll smell like citronela candles while it lasts...7/10

sanwirt
sanwirt

20, female.

I found this fragrance on a trip to Neiman and I must say, I have never smelled anything like it, nor do I ever expect to. It meshed beautifully with my skin's natural scent and didn't smell like cleaner at all.

When I smelled this perfume, it was the first time I was ever "transported" anywhere. Thoughts of walking in a vast orange grove, smelling the earthy and sweet scents of ripe fruit and blossoms. A cottage in the middle of it all, just big enough for two. Inside, a cedar chest full of lemon drops. Now, why would someone fill a cedar chest with lemon drops I do not know, but then again if this was in a perfume commercial everyone would think it made sense. After all, they try to convey scent through imagery.

I grew up with citrus trees in my front yard, and this fragrance is as natural as it gets, I was instantly hooked....however....this fragrance DOES NOT LAST. It is even more fleeting than the orange blossom.

The top note lasts maybe a minute, then it cools down to the lovely orange scent, and within an hour or two it is gone almost completely. You can only smell it by mashing your nose against your skin.

I received a sample and gave it a chance, and although I love love LOVE this fragrance, I do not think it is worth the price. It's an EDT, not an EDP. I know that its coming from the prestigious house of Creed but honestly...that price is ridiculous. I don't think I will ever purchase anything more than a sample.

:-(

raw umber
raw umber

Bois de Cedrat opens with straight bright lemon. This is by far the most lemony cedar fragrance I have ever encountered. The lemon is delectable, much like a frozen lemon Popsicle. When the cedar emerges from behind the lemon after the first 15 minutes or so, it is dry, pleasant, and very natural-smelling.

Bois de Cedrat impresses me because it takes two notes that can easily move into cleaning solution territory, and it manages to keep them fresh, natural, and complimentary to one another, a testament to the quality of Creed's ingredients.

Anyone who has criticized Jo Malone's Sweet Lime and Cedar for it's simplicity and consequently questionable wearability, should hold this fragrance to the same set of standards, and then consider that less is sometimes more. If you love the notes and they are done really well, simplicity should never be an issue.

Unlike Sweet Lime and Cedar, which has good sillage and longevity (especially for Jo Malone), Bois de Cedrat's sillage and longevity are both pretty poor, with the lemon opening note traveling better than the cedar. If given the choice, I would pick Sweet Lime and Cedar over Bois de Cedrat any day. It evolves into something magical when it combines with my skin's chemistry... too bad SL&C is one of JM's many discontinued beauties.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

Bois de Cedrat is such a simple fragrance. That is what makes it soo good. Very straightforward and northing to hide. Smells the way you would want your favorite lollipop to taste. I would highly recommend giving it a try.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

imo, this is a stupendous mix of cedar and citrus. if you're a fan of those, you owe it to yourself to check this stuff out. but like the other reviewer noted, this stuff has the longevity of a brisk wind. it would be stupendous if they could figure out how to make it last more than an hour, because it's quite sharp and refreshing and enjoyable!

Creed BOIS DE CEDRAT is a simple yet satisfying citrus cedar scent. Sadly, it is also shortlived. The sunny, succulent lemon mingles beautifully with the cedar in the bright opening but this fleeting phase is like a rousing gust of wind which quickly dissipates, leaving only the faintest trace of light woody amber behind.

BOIS DE CEDRAT is too fleeting and not nearly so compelling to me as ACQUA FIORENTINA. There's no real basis for commitment here. Like a chance encounter with a stranger abroad, it was nice while it lasted...

Bois de Cedrat by Creed 3.94 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Bois de Cedrat fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Bois de Cedrat, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bois de Cedrat by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bois de Cedrat by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.