Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Bois du Portugal Creed for men

Bois du Portugal Creed for men
dislike

Bois du Portugal Creed for men Pictures

Bois du Portugal by Creed is an Oriental Woody fragrance for men, inspired by the fragrant trees of Portugal. Bois du Portugal was launched in 1987. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

The word millesime appears on many CREED fragrance bottles and is a mark of quality. The millesime designation means that the best crops from a particular year’s harvest were used in the creation of that particular bottle of CREED fragrance.

This warm and rich fragrance enchants with opening notes of bergamot, a lavender heart, and a complex woody base of Mysore sandalwood, vetiver ambergris and cedar.

Bergamot

Danger Pour Homme

Bois du Portugal Fragrance Reviews

Tigerheart78
Tigerheart78

I blindly bought it from ebay and alas,regretful, it's really awful Creed as I only get sandalwood and no other note , I swear of that. I threw the vial with its box. Sorry Creed. I have tried smw , milloesiem imperial, original Santal and GIT all of which are great but this sorry it is headache inducer and vey old style.

no-fi
no-fi

Bois du Portugal should be the first result if you type "masculine fragrance" into Google. It ticks all the boxes - woody, spicy, rich and restrained.

The composition reminds me of so many other classics. It has the bergamot note from Aramis Tuscany; the rich sandalwood from Guerlain Heritage; the spicy-smooth lavender from Caron's Third Man. The overall effect is subtly bold - Bois de Portugal has a bracing fougere top with a smooth oriental woody base. The dry down is superb, and the quality of the ingredients is top-notch.

BdP is the first Creed I've sampled, but it won't be the last. It's pricey, true, but it may even be full bottle worthy. Very well done indeed.

Lightning

It's sort of like Chanel Egoiste but less sweet/floral/feminine. This one has more of a base amber/sandalwood/musk, as well as a lot of lavender. It's a traditional men fragrance, but it's slightly more wearable than most others in the era. Projection and longevity are very good.

It's not in my top 10 Creeds, but it's good ; I'd get a decant of it sometime in the future.

MickZ
MickZ

This is a powerful, mature fragrance from Creed, with woody, spicy notes that linger and project well. It is a bit powdery and definitely Old School, so keep this in mind. It is in the same ballpark as Spice & Wood, but more potent.

It still retains the trademark Creed freshness, although it is more serious and intense. I think this is one of the top choices in the lineup, a gentleman's EdP, suitable when you want to make a lasting impression. Spray judiciously and don't ever wear it in warm weather. This one is a beast and you can easily overdo it. 8/10.

fabio.bernieri
fabio.bernieri

Un'altra fragranza raffinata, dominata dal sandalo e dal legno di cedro. Richiami orientali. Dolcemente speziato.

gedlive
gedlive

A beautiful, warm, sweet, spicy sandalwood.
It's one of the darker Creeds, reminisant of the strong, mossy chypres of the 80's but done in a lighter fresh and classy way. It smells dated in a good way, reminding me of great classics like Hermes Equipage. It's like driving a classic Porsche , old but still beutifull with timeless lines.

In the opening when the fine bergamot citrus is the strongest, it reminded me of Green Irish Tweed, but more woody and sophisticated. When the citrus burns off some, you get an accord of a strong ambergris, lavender and smooth woods, with a definite warm spiciness like cinnomon or cloves, or a tad of ginger, hence the Taberone comparisons. But they may be the vetiver and sandalwood which smell like warm spices. The lavender and the sharp/ warm spiciness give way to more of that exquisite ambergris, and very fine, creamy smooth sandalwood.
I thought I was getting a nuance of vanela also, it sure seems there are a few notes not listed.
The quality of notes and the composition as a whole is very fine. The strong Creed ambergris note gives it a very unique and enjoyable piquant touch.

I was wearing L'Artisan Timbuktu when I first tried Portugal and realized they have a similar vib.

This made me think if I was going on a date, with nice classy lady I have in mind, I would wear this. It is masculine, but so refined that I think a woman would find it very attractive, without it being a sensual anamalic fragrance.

PS: I just raised my rating to a perfect 10. Naturally sweet exquisite sandalwood, and the ambergris is strong in this one, beautiful.

God bless. John 3:16

groovysilversurfer
groovysilversurfer

A classuc pure and simple. I can't add anything that hasn't already been mentioned. ..but does anyone else get a nice clove note in this in addition to the other notes????

kkaiser67
kkaiser67

This cologne is the best scent for me that I've ever tried. The women in my life, wife, daughters, co-workers and friends...will literally take a deep inhale when near me and close their eyes and sigh. My wife will bury her nose at the base of my throat and do her best to stay there for a while.

I also happen to have the good/bad fortune of having a very acute sense of smell. This coupled with the fact that my nose doesn't get fatigued makes it very important to enjoy the way something smells on my skin.

Bois du Portugal is worth trying for those of you who like an old school manly scent...and for those who don't want to smell like everyone else. Get a sample to test and try it out.

Russian's man
Russian's man

I'm a young man and I like very much Bois du Portugal hehehe. Why I said this? because this fragrance it's rather mature and serious. Although, really mature or no mature are subjective concepts because for example I' m young and I like very much fragrances that are classified like mature such as Antaeus, Habit Rouge...

Bois du Portugal it's a deep and manly fragrance although some linear but this it's not a disadvantage. The notes that I perceive more are lavender, sandalwood and ambergris. It's more suitable for Autumn and Winter and for formal occasions.

Scent: 8
Versatility: 6

Overall: 7

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

So I bought this as a blind buy, and you know what many say about blind buys, even this. Initially on first spray I was turned off by the daddyish grandfatherly old spice feel. So I decided not to wear it for a few days. From the time I stopped wearing it (only a couple of days) to the time I tried it again, I don't know what happened but I'm glad it did!!! (notes: you detect vetiver, bergamot, woodsy tones and a host of other notes). This stuff is amazing; I wondered, did I spray the right one? Bois du Portugal has less sting then Aubepine Acacia and more of Cheveruille's punch, yet, you get a Neroli Sauvage feel. As a 30 plus man, this is a lovely fragrance for one's wardrobe. I can see a confident 20 something male wearing this; Suggestion, reroute from the modern sweet, unisex, citrusy fragrances that we find ourselves wearing and try something that has flare and ambiance!!!

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

Refined, sophisticated, and very formal masculine scent. Bois du Portugal proclaims lofty, elegant, male culture and worldliness. I sometimes catch myself (and my wife) picking up my shirts from the hamper and smelling them when doing laundry after I've worn this fragrance.

Bois du Portugal's scent evokes in my mind's eye a Victorian English Gentleman's club; replete with reading rooms filled with leather-bound first editions, Grandfather clocks, smoking jackets, billiard rooms, fireplaces, overstuffed, leather-upholstered, wing backed chairs, English Walnut paneling, potted ferns, Persian rugs & tapestries.

Bois du Portugal is not a dating or clubbing scent but if I want to smell like pure, unadulterated, masculine class in a suit & tie formal social setting, Bois du Portugal is likely what I'll be wearing.

Bois du Portugal is sublime social culture in a bottle. A light application of 3 sprays yields excellent longevity of 10 hours, discreet, non overpowering projection, and the sillage hangs in the air for several minutes; heads and shoulders away the most potent fragrance offering from Creed I've worn. The scent faintly lingers for days on my clothes after wearing this fragrance.

The Cedar note is the most prominent of the woody accords to my nose. The Bergamot opening combined with the Lavender heart and the base of Cedar and creamy Sandalwood conspire to create the most unique and deliciously enjoyable scent this side of Heaven, with the sweet finish of Ambergris giving depth to the body of this fragrance.

If I had to describe Bois du Portugal in a word, it would be: Intoxicating. Like Amouage Jubilation, Bois du Portugal is a scent, and a gift, of kings.

fraenky
fraenky

For me this is the standout of the Creed line, i dislike all other offerings.

But than again, I don´t know if it is worth the money they call, because Pour Monsieur de Chanel, Heritage Edt., Caron pour un Homme, or even Old Spice do the same thing!

PavelM
PavelM

Conclusion: 9/10 only because 4 days were not enough to get a good understanding of this scent. BdP evolves a lot past the opening, but does not fail to pleaso at any point. It has a great drydown, which is not so common in frags now a days.
It is not exactly old school. The dry mossy, orange blossom and lavender opening is, but when the fruit start coming in, it takes a gentler, modern appearance. I am not sure what it smelled like when it was just released, but I can't imagine this frag being made in the 80's.
I think it deserves a permanent spot in my collection.
Day 3 and 4: Started detecting orange blossom in the opening. BdP transforms in the drydown to remind me of a mix between HdP 1740 and Santal Noble.
Day Two Discovery: apricot, peachy note in the drydown.
Not very easy to put on in the morning. Because it isn't exactly a casual scent, you feel that there are certain expectations when you put it on. However, once sprayed on, it didn't feel too demanding.
Day One: BdP has cult status in various communities. It smells familiar because it is the ultimate form of a classic men's fougere. It is definitely 'perfumy' and you have to be comfortable wearing perfume if you wear this because no one will ever miss the fact that you are perfumed.
There is some archetype in my brain that states, "This is what a classical men's fragrance should smell like," even though I've never cared for this kind of fragrances, nor have I ever owned anything Creed, anything lavender, or anything mossy fougere. I feel like I knew this fragrance well before I ever met it.

quiquose
quiquose

Probably the best Creed I've ever smelled. Aromatic, rounded, sparkling, juicy, elegant... all these things. And when you put them together, it's nearly impossible to tell what's actually in this bottle, it's that well mixed and combined. It's got that old fashioned vibe of a men's scent, but very refined and with a ton of class and very suave. Somehow, though, it remains very relevant and modern. I guess this is what makes perfume stand the test of time. I really love this one and can't think of anyone not enjoying it.

something_wild
something_wild

By far the top fragrance for men by Creed. Masculine and incredibly sexy. 10/10 Longevity.
The lavender is obvious with woody spice subdued by ambergris.
Perfect for elegant evening out.
I hear this fragrance is being vaulted - Get your bottle now while still available!

noseyboysniffy
noseyboysniffy

I sniffed this out on a paper strip 3 different times at Neiman Marcus and just thought " it smells ok " I didn't think much of it, walked out and threw the strip in the trash along with other strips but this last time I sprayed it on my forearm "the rest of my arms were already sprayed with other fragrances" and I spent a good part of my day smelling like a complete mess but late in the evening after the fragrances died down something so pleasant kept wafting passed my nose, I smelled my forearm and just couldn't believe how fantastic BdP had turned out, I mean I was totally freaking floored! Right now I feel enfatuated with this perfume, like when you had your first crush in middle school type of emotion so I knew I had to buy a full bottle and I did.....fast forward a few days, I sprayed 2 sprays before coming to work today "13 hrs ago" and it's still bumpin! I've received compliments like crazy and people want to know what it is. I couldn't be more happy with this perfume. I'm sorry for typing so much, it's just that I'm head over heels in love with this artfully crafted perfume. As of now, this is easily in my top 3 Creed list. 10/10

amaranto
amaranto

This is a powerful scent compared to many other Creed fragrances. It opens with a well-blended combination of bergamot, lavender, and spice. As the hours pass, the bergamot eases off and the woody notes come to the forefront. The cedar is not sharp like in many fragrances, and it is blended well with the sandalwood. There is a sweet spot an hour or so in where the texture of the lavender together with the woody notes is so nice and not similar to a lot of other perfumes out there.

When trying this scent, the first things that occured to me were that it was a mature fragrance and was incredibly refined. I wouldn't call this an old-man fragrance at all, though.

Overall, the scent has a thick quality, like being wrapped in a cozy woolen blanket. I was sad when Gucci discontinued Envy, though I think this one could be a very nice replacement. It doesn't smell the same, but it does something similar for me due to its texture. BdP projects well and has good longevity. Also, it reminds me a bit of Héritage, but it doesn't have an animalic note or all the vanilla. You can tell it was released in the 80s alongside other powerhouse fragrances, but it seems cleaner and goes on well after a fresh shave.

K1
K1

The only Creed I'm seriously fond of and I really want to have in my collection. This is a perfect dandy lavender-oriented woodsy fragrance usually compared to master Patricia de Nicolaï's New York, true yet not that brilliant and professional.

A super rich cedar, lavender, sandalwood and a chic-worn vetiver. Some perfumes gonna continue for centuries, Bois the Portugal is one of them.
★★★★

Lightning

Despite coming out shortly after Green Irish Tweed, it feels like even more of an old school grandfatherly fragrance.

It's wearable and a little gentle for a masculine 80's fragrance, but it might still be a little mature for the younger people out there.

It has the quality, the depth, the projection and the longevity. The scent itself just doesn't interest me a whole lot (especially at that price).

Housebliss
Housebliss

In my opinion this is quite similar to Habit Rouge by Guerlain, especially in the drydown. Up until that point it is woodier and has a more sour citrus note than Habit Rouge.

It starts off as a classic powerhouse from the 80's, but that phase fades away within 1-2 hours. Longevity as a whole is excellent. Projection is soft/moderate.

I like it, but not enough to buy a bottle. Sample this before making up your mind.

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

I received this as a gift from one of my best friends for my 30th Birthday. I was very touched by this generous gesture, but BdP is perhaps more suited for someone's 60th Birthday! It is incredibly serious, and as someone else mentioned, very linear. As I remember it, the top notes are minor, with the middle notes of lavender lending a mild herbal touch to the very serious drydown of the trinity of sandalwood, cedar and vetiver. It is rich, classy and classic for certain. Like all Creed's it is made with quality ingredients, and BdP lasts *forever.* Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice fragrance, however it is just not particularly dynamic fragrance, and therefore not on my list of "must haves" especially for the price.

tasosdio
tasosdio

Seriously. This is a masterpiece. It is a classy, solid perfume for men, not kids. Not for everyday and only for special nights, accompanied by the relevant suit.

Some gentlemen may not like it, this however does not nullify in anyway the fact that this one is a masterpiece. 10/10

Nbond007
Nbond007

good scent bought it blindly...expensive like all creeds...very classic scent...you cannot go wrong wearing this...good for any age in my opinion....thumbs up all the way ...another beauty...love it

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I am the happy owner of the Holy Trinity of men's scents: Guerlain 1995 Heritage, present Parfum de Nicolai New York and Creed Bois du Portugal. Yes, they all are alike. And no, they are all different. Heritage is the most oppulent, rich, desne of the three, I still have 2/3 of a bottle bought in 1995 and it seems that it is going to last about 2 lifetimes. New York is the most aromatic on the verge of becoming a Habit Rouge spicy relative, rich and full body, too. But nowadays Bois du Portugal is the most comfortable of the three. Although it smeels quite the same as Mr H and Mr NY, BdP is airy, smooth and effortlessly classy. Not the other two aren't classy enough. But they are too heavy, too imposing, too domineering. Thanks God for me BdP is also a lavender heaven and that also makes it the most barbershop of the three. Going in the other direction I must say that all my Creeds have very good projection and superb longevity, but I live in a hot climate country. I took me quite a while to get all of them and I couldn't be any happier.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Creed is one of my favorite houses . What impresses me the most about Creed is the over-all quality of most of their fragrances. BdP is a linear combination of powder and woods on me. Longevity is good at 7+ hrs. I can't see anyone under the age of 50 wearing BdP since it's such a throwback. Not my favorite Creed, Aventus and RO hold that honor. But I wear BdP when it's time to be the boss. 8/10

Little Prince
Little Prince

BdP opens with a balsamic bergamot note and immediately feels old school. Not dated or old man but certainly more gentleman like. Some have mentioned leather and I agree but it seems to me that the established accord resembles leather rather than leather being actually present. This simulation of leather is working vice versa in some leather scents which happen to smell like vetiver. Now, the opening blast is somehow untamed and fierce and needs 5 minutes in order to settle and the fragrance to evolve. At this juncture, after the opening, and for the following hour or so I get a fine aromatic, maybe too fine, somewhat salty fragrance of woods with slight smoke in it that gives an impression of standing in front of burning firewood wearing a laid-back aftershave. The lavender plays an excellent role in the latter and cuts through with a freshness that holds the composition from becoming too heavy smoky and gives a sedating effect. The drydown is much mellower and soft. It gives a vanillic impression along with a sweet woody vibe without loosing its dryness. This is to die for and everyone that smells your clothes at this point will probably swoon.
The overall feel I get is of light pink talc in the form of clay. The scent also blossoms better when applied in wide area since if condensed it smells harsh. All in all, a very aromatic, slightly powdery and conforting fragrance with a fresh smoky woodiness and an extremely sensual trail. A smooth cologne.

tonileefiore
tonileefiore

Went to Neiman Marcus the other day to purchase a fragrance that they did not have in stock. Sales gal tried to turn me on to a Creed "Unisex" fragrance. I told her that "I wore Santal Imperial, Millesime Imperial and Tabarome Millesime on and off, regularly, for a few years" and upon doing so, decided that many of "The House of Creed fragrances were just not for me...too masculine...becoming too main stream." She insisted, I complied. Can I hear assertiveness training????

Blecccch...is all I can say! Without knowing a thing about its history, this fragrance conjured up images of an old man, in an old gray wool suit (badly in need of dry cleaning...the suit, not the old man), with an unclean & not regularly washed body, who chain smokes several packs of old Lucky Strikes daily. Now, end the imagery with the old man dousing himself in Ralph Lauren "Polo" (that has turned sour) to cover up his "odor." YUCK...and the scent would not go away.

I was out in my acreage several hours after my Neiman Marcus trip and a neighbor came over with his 5 month old baby, to say "hi." I've baby sat the baby who promptly started to cry when I held him. Neighbor said, "It must be that perfume...he's not used to those types of foul odors!"

Enough said!

Embarrassing...won't be buying this one, ever.

Oudy
Oudy

While some of the creed perfumes I've smelled are just so so for the ridiculous prices, this one is just downright gorgeous...for the ridiculous price. Starts out with a blast of citrus, almost sour...then as it warms the woods shine forth...still sharp but a lot warmer. Like sunshine on wet cedar. And the ambergris adds a creamy depth and richness. I would gladly wear this all day everyday.

Scent 9/10
Projection 6/10
Longevity 7/10

Moderate performance for a killer smell...I would be hard pressed to buy a whole bottle because of the price though...if it was just a bit cheaper I'd pull the trigger

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

When I was a kid, at home we had a letter opener made from authentic Mysore sandalwood - it was a souvenir from a trip to India. It made a strong olfactory impression on me because it smelled sensational.

That's possibly why I adore Creed's Bois du Portugal - it reminds me of the genuine smell of real sandalwood I recall from all those years ago.

I know it might sound blasphemous, but I almost like Bois du Portugal more than the much vaunted Aventus.

For me, the sandalwood is the star of the show. It's blended to perfection with a rich, smoky type of vetiver and an arid, dry lavender which enhances the sandalwood, giving it a beautiful, bold spiciness. Deeper in the background, cedar enriches the blend further, creating an almost incense-like feel.

This perfectly poised composition is extremely elegant in a timeless, effortless kind of way.

Longevity and projection are at the top end of the performance spectrum - expect to be accompanied by this sophisticated scent for upwards of 7 hours. My bottle also boasts the most powerful sprayer of all the bottles in my collection - this thing's like a firehose.

A masterful masculine from the House of Creed.

Meaty0
Meaty0

Love this scent. Starts out with a beautiful citrus scent on me, then settles to a powdery, almost fruity fragrance. After about 30 mins, I'm left with a wonderful cedar scent. I have a sample only and I like it so much - it's going on my "next to buy" list.

jozemo
jozemo

This is throwback (80's) fragrance at it's finest,old school barbershop scent,that is absolutely long lasting at least 7 to 8 hours on the skin,24 hours on clothing,a
woodsy,powdery and earthy, it will remind of pour monsieur,aramis ,brute,but only much more powerful in a very elegant way,if you are looking for grown and sexy.look no further, this is it!

Layton S
Layton S

I wear fragrance every day and when I initially sampled BdP I loved it. I felt awesome wearing it. It has an old school smell to it but it is different than the others and it's what I felt a gentleman would smell like.

I went about a week without wearing any fragrances and that seemed to have reset my nose because I sampled BdP again and found it to be way to potent.

I still like the initial old school smell you get when first applied however, whatever is in it that gives it its fresh and cool smell is waaaay over-bearing. I scrubbed it off my arm and the residual smell was still too much.

Bunino
Bunino

PDN New York is cheaper and imo better than BDP.

rod7elfo

The formula had changed? I love BdP and yesterday bought a new bottle... But there's something different... I sadly felt it weak...

ssq
ssq

This creed fragrance seem to be aimed at a more mature crowd. I think it smells amazing, and I am only 22 and I also own a bottle of it. That's how good i believe it smells.

Pete89
Pete89

Even though I'm not really the target group for BDP, I decided to order a sample and test it out, and it's great! But even greater for those who can wear it. Although I'm a strong believer in 'any age can wear any perfume', this particular scent is aimed for elder men, think 35+: it has a tobacco, dry, woody smell. However, it's of great quality, long-lasting and never offensive on the projection. If that is worth the high Creed price (there are cheaper alternatives), that's up to you. Sample first and decide.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Bois du Portugal (BdP) does have a lot in common with New York. I think New York is brilliant, but a little dated mostly because of the "powdery" feel. BdP is not powdery, but "dusty". This effect I could do without, but I wonder if it is possible to do this kind of fragrance without beeing either powdery or dusty.

New York is "better" to my nose, but I prefer dusty over powdery, so the score for BdP is about the same.

The dustyness probably comes from the earthy, smokey aspect of the woods (the type of vetiver?), but the overall composition is very well blended between the bergamot and the woods/ambergris, and a lavender I cannot detect at all. No flowers and more woods sets it apart from other bergamot/vetivers (The creamy and lighter Eau Sauvage-type). Also quite linear.

I can detect som Creed-DNA (think smoothness of Virgin Island Water), and the longevity is also Creedish (not that impressive), but that is to be expected with the bergamot.

Good, but not on my buy-list. A kind of allrounder for guys +30.

Dodgy
Dodgy

Beautiful, smells of nothing so much fresh mountain air after a rainstorm, mixed with freshly chopped firewood...I love creed's fragranced, just not the pricetags

zinski19901
zinski19901

I want it so bad! I had a sample of it and absolutely love the smell. It's the best woody fragrance I've came across so far and think it will be hard to beat. Hopefully, I get this for Christmas this year or something. It's vintage, elegant, classic, and great. The bergamont and lavender touch in this is pefect as well. I'm not a huge Creed Fan but do like some of their fragrances and this is the best one I've tried.

yourfriendmarito
yourfriendmarito

I am 44 wearing antaeus from Chanel. At 60, I will wear Bois du Portugal.

PAK
PAK

It gives an aura of a crisp arrangement of tobacco and cedar, with the woody aromatics elevating this pleasantly to a league of its own. This cologne truly smells masculine and the composition is very mature, very grounded and reassuring, fitting a mature man over 35 (in other words its not for boys!. Scents are personal in nature in terms of what one likes (kinda like ties), so the choice is yours. I happen to like this one allot!

Eos
Eos

Bois du Portugal is a wonderful, classic masculine. The bergamot opening is crisp and becoming, and I love the smoothness of the transition into the herbal lavender heart. To my nose, this has more to do with incense, cedar, lavender and vetiver than it does sandalwood so I was surprised to see the sandalwood note voted so high. The ambery, woody base is beautiful, but again I'm not picking up much of a distinct sandalwood note. Despite this confusion, I think this is very becoming and I enjoy smelling it every time my husband puts it on. This would make a great versatile signature scent for any gentleman.

rod7elfo

...This affair never will go so well
But why should I try to resist when, baby, I know so well
I've got you under (and over) my skin

MARFUOFFICIAL
MARFUOFFICIAL

Love it

Kain
Kain

What a lovely scent.
If you're into classic fragrances and you want something almost fresh that has a really good quality and balanced smell, check this one out.
At the opening I can smell all the notes that mentioned in this fragrance.
I can smell a sharp and tart citrusy scent and that's because of bergamot.
There is a beautiful creamy sandalwood in the background.
The cedar note has a sharp woody and almost peppery aroma.
I can smell the vetiver note too and it has a dirty rooty feeling.
Something that surprised me is the lavender note. lavender in many fragrances has a really cheap and synthetic cleaner smell but in this fragrance it's really well done and give the scent a sharp and clean and light soapy vibe.
As I said I can smell all these notes with a really nice balance between them. nothing is cloying and overpowering.
As time goes by, the fresh citrusy scent start to decay and scent gets smokier and woodier.
It's not that strong and I'm sure you can wear it all four seasons.
Projection is really good and longevity is around 5-7 hours on my skin.

اگر به عطرهای کلاسیک مردانه با تم بوی تقریبا خنک و مرکباتی علاقه دارین این میتونه گزینه مناسبی باشه
در رایحه ابتدایی میشه همه رایحه های ذکر شده برای این عطرُ استشمام کرد
رایحه ترنج یه بوی ترش و تند تیز مرکباتی به عطر میده
رایحه نیمه شیرین و ملایم چوب سندل هم به راحتی حس میشه که حالت چوبی و یه جورایی خامه ای مانند داره
رایحه چوب درخت سرو طبق طبیعتی که داره بوی تند و تیز چوبی و تقریبا فلفلی به عطر میده
رایحه وتیور اینجا بیشتر حس دودی و کمی خاکی داره. انگار وتیورُ با ریشه در بیاری و چند لحظه بگیری روی آتش و بر داری
بوی خاکی و کمی دودی گیاه وتیور
چیزی که برام خیلی جالبه رایحه گل لاوندر تو این عطر هست
شخصا از لاوندر بشدت بدم میاد چون تو بیشتر عطرها رایحه بسیار شیمیایی مانند و شبیه مواد شوینده شیمایی رو تداعی میکنه
مثل ژان پال گولتیر لـِـمال که بوی مایع شیشه پاک کن میده خاک بر سر، اما تو این عطر کیفیت بسیار خوبی داره و رایحه ملایم و تند و تیز گلی و تا حدی صابونی به عطر میده
همه این رایحه ها با دز بسیار خوبی بصورتی که هیچ رایحه ای توی ذوق نزنه با هم ترکیب شدن
با گذر زمان رایحه مرکباتی ترنج ضعیف و ضعیفتر میشه و عطر بوی کمی دودی تر و کمی چوبی تر به خودش میگیره
البته خیلی قوی و زنننده نیست و جوریه که به نظر من میشه هر 4 فصل ازش استفاده کرد
پخش بوش خوبه و ماندگاری نسبتا خوبی در حد 5-7 ساعت روی پوست داره

robg303
robg303

Wow!

I was going to do a review of this, but I see there are several in depth reviews and some strong opinions of this scent. So, I'll keep it short.

This was the first Creed fragrance I purchased and my first high end fragrance.

I like lavender, but didn't want to smell like a potpourri. Bois du Portugal is much more refined than that. It's sweet, woodsy, a little aromatic and lightly spiced as well.

I will say, it's a more mature scent and brings to mind the 40's, 50' and 60's era man, tailored suits, a glass of scotch, a cigar and a million dollar smile.

Frank Sinatra would be proud of me!

Jeffreyhoar82
Jeffreyhoar82

Anyone know it this batch number Ca1to5 is legit for a 1oz bottle of creed bois du Portugal thanks

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

RATED R - FOR MATURE AUDIENCES

All the notes are present and accounted for - exquisitely blended into a rich, refined, and robust fragrance.

BdP is for a Man's Man.

silverlook1

I know what quality means and yes, I see the difference between Unforgiven and MI. And yes, I also realise that all the crap "colognes" try to copy the big boys like Creed. I'm just saying.. smells really the same. Not trying to offend anyone who loves it, I'm just stating a fact that my grandfather smelled exactly like this. That's all. Don't take it the wrong way.

jamwires
jamwires

silverlook1 - you do realize this came out in 1987 right? And if you think the quality in BdP is remotely comparable with a drugstore cologne, yikes bro...yikes.

silverlook1

Holy cow.. I did not see that coming from Creed. I'm sure some people out there will feel the same.. but it's more of a personal / family thing. This smells EXACTLY and I mean.. EXACTLY like my Grandfather's cologne. From the little things I remember it wasn't Creed - yeah I'm 100% sure cause there was no Creed here in Poland when he was still alive. Althought he was a doctor and probably could spend much more on perfume than Your average Joe - I'm preety sure it was just some cheap aftershave. So... yyyyea, another heads up to all of You people who are ready to throw money on stuff that is absolutely NOT original, not unique and most of all NOT worth the price. Oh yea, and don't give me that crap about the quality. Some smell memories are VERY precise and strong.. my grandfather is one of those memories. This Creed is not worth the pricetag and is hella old fashioned. But then again I do admit that because it's the way that my grandfather smelled I absolutely CANNOT imagine wearing this or smelling it on anyone else.

My man Redbeard says it best...This is suave!
A real mans fragrance and usually I'd come out with some tired cliche about respecting the old skool but not really liking it...which is totally the case and true in most instances.
However, this fragrance is absolute magic!
My thought process was...
Love it on the card tester... very unique Creed manage to squeeze out something different despite being a classic mixture of heavy sandalwood & Lavander.
Tried on my skin...That unique signiture was a little heavy on me and I satrted to change my mind about it.
1 Hour into the drydown the love had returned with abundance.
This is a manly, mature beast and ages like a fine cognac or wine on your skin...it's brilliant.
It's the top notes of bergamot that set it apart because although fleeting, give the whole composition sharpness.
I get comparisons with lots of classic mens fragrances but this is not Aramis by any stretch it's yet another example of how good Creed are.
This is the best interpretation of a manly scent because something about it is interesting and intoxicating.

Redbeard
Redbeard

(Written concurrently with Parfums de Nicolai New York)

A rich, suave wood scent with a somewhat intimate tone. Opens more soapy and floral than PdN New York, with a fair amount of jasmine in the top that I can smell from up close. It's slightly more gentle and feminine and doesn't penetrate as far as New York. If you want quiet sweet woods, this is probably it...everything blends into a single warm blanket of scent and no single note stands out to me. I do, however, fear this going over the edge into Too Sweet territory because I find more vanilla and less spice in it. It just doesn't feel as powerful as New York, so I'd place it more in the context of snuggling with a lady at home than out in the professional world. Or if New York seems like it's being too forceful, BdP is the one for you. Alternatively, if you want more of the jasmine or other florals in your spicy wood scent (getting farther from New York), you may want to try Rochas Lui, which is another notch further up the floral scale.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Sampled this again from the Creed Boutique here in NYC. Very weak projection on me. I don't remember it being as bad 1 year ago when I tried it last.

Royal Oud projected and lasted much longer on my skin.

This was a complete dud this time around.

$330 + tax = Laughable

I wish Parfums De Nicolai would come out with an intense version of New York.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Bois du Portugal is a classical, timeless fragrance for fuzzy men. Some will call it dated, but I call it timeless. It's a perfect scent for chilly autumn days, and you must have a certain style to pull it off. White iron shirt and elegant leather shoes are minimum requirement, and a casual attire is forbidden! Warm, woody, classical and elegant. A must have for gentlemen.

nicok
nicok

So oldshool. early 90s scent

agoyofd
agoyofd

This is one of my best fragrances from Creed along with Aventus, Virgin Island Water, Royal Oud and Original Vetiver. I don’t consider myself as a diehard fan of Creed. I see myself as a fan of beautiful fragrances. I respect this house for their fragrances. This is not a review of notes. It is rather a review of what I feel about the scent. BDP is one of the best because of how I feel when I wear it. I feel so lifted and I don’t know what it is about this scent. Aventus makes me feel confident; Virgin Island Water makes me feel jovial. OV makes me feel clean. Tuscan leather from Tom Ford makes me feel worthy and mentally rich. Musk Ravageur makes me feel impenetrable. BDP is so harmonious with the core of my being that I feel like I am a piece of art. I feel like I am climbing on the back of a giant. I know that this scent is not for everybody. Some people dislike and some find it too old fashion. As far as I am concerned I can only thank Creed for this piece of magic. It stays about 10h on my skin and I am wearing it today since 7 am and now it is 2 pm it is still projecting. I don’t really care about compliments when I wear fragrance, I care about what I feel when I am wearing a fragrance. I am glad I bought this fragrance. The only regret is I bought a 75 ml instead of 120 ml. This is in my top 5
Scent : 10/10
Projection 10/10
Uniqueness: I don’t know
Worth the price: of course

jhitt793
jhitt793

Extremely powdery and woody. Brings to mind old fashioned barbershops from yesteryear. Seems more appropriate for older, distinguished men. (10)

b360
b360

this fragrance is very similiar to pierre cardin or original old spice but better if that makes any sense.....it is what those try to be and i enjoy wearing it to bed sometimes after a shower cuz its long lasting and the smell on my skin changes overnight...clean soapy woodsy...really a scent for older dudes tho in my opinion cuz it reminds of my father....8/10

kazewayz
kazewayz

A classy, gentleman type perfume. It is for older man for sure. Very masculine. Fresh, citrusy, green, earthy, woody. Although not my favorite from the house of Creed, I have to admit it is quality. Try it.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Oh, this is nice stuff!

It goes on unremarkably and I'm thinking, "Another ho hum generic fragrance." But in about an hour it takes on the woodsy/spicy notes I recall from the way men's fragrances used to smell in the 1960's. (Could it be that once, long ago, Old Spice smelled this good?) Not dated - classic. Very nice, very masculine.

I understand that Frank Sinatra used this fragrance, so there's a bit of Rat Pack at the Sands 1962 Ring a Ding Ding to this. (To paraphrase a quote another reviewer used.)

But wait! In the best tradition of the Chairman of the Board, the show's not over. At the three or four hour mark it morphs into what smells a lot like a Guerlain to me: a powdery lavender sandalwood scent that reminds me a lot of Heritage. And that's great, too!

Did I finally find a Creed that's worth what they're asking?

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I blind bought Creed Bois du Portugal and this is the 6th Creed I currently own. To be blunt, I don't like it and I try really hard to enjoy it. It reminds me of Clubman talc or the splash the barbers use after shaving the back of your neck. It is a mixture of Old Spice and the green bottle of Polo in my opinion. It is not a bad scent, just not how I want to remembered. This is for the mature crowd and when I spray it in the air, the first thing that comes to mind, is elderly people....
I will keep trying to like it but I just might sell this bottle. This isn't for everyone. Do not blind buy BDP if you know what's good for you. I knew that sooner or later I would come across a bottle of Creed that I was dissatisfied with and here it is.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

On first application you may think that its made for an older crowd. The next day you will put on other cologne and wonder what is soo good about it. Then realise its Bois du potugal.

Has a very musky piercing quality at first. Is some what linear, I would not go so far as to say it is because the scent does transition. It last for ever and has the sweetest dry down I have found in any male creed.

I must say I have tried it 5 times and it only gets better and better. Will be buying a bottle hopefully soon. Just wish I had it already as I smell it on me right now.

EDIT*

Just got myself some pure ambergris. That sweetness at the end is ambergris. This is the only fragrance that I know of to actually have so much ambergris in it.

fuggerone
fuggerone

a classic spicy/ woody concoction , old school scent some batches are more powdery then others....one of my favs from Creed, maybe my number one, a pure distillation of male classiness.....Sinatra at Sands 1982....for grown ups, all purpose scent! 10/10

word-doctor
word-doctor

INITIAL REVIEW: I truly love this frag. Evokes a lot of memories for me because of the cedar note, which is not "new"--it's "aged" when it is blended with the other accords. In particular, the lavender takes the edges off the other notes, without actually smelling much like lavender.

Longevity is good for Creed (maybe 4-5 hours on my scent-killing skin). Projection is average. I bought a sample and wish I could afford to keep this around, as it is marvelous for work and I find it wonderfully calming.

EDIT: I just can't afford this and will have to look for classy cedar alternatives.
Sillage: 6/10

jgirgar
jgirgar

Yes, I have BDP and reserve this generally for the fall on "dressier" occasions. I was inspired to buy this back in September 2010 for an event I went to for a 1920's theme for Elves and More...raising money for bikes for kids at Christmas. It's a powerhouse Creed and lasts well on the skin all day. I love the opening and wish I could find a linear scent like that as well. It's a classic fragrance and not what you would call an A&F style. The bergamont in this is superb. It's a real gentleman's scent. JG 051212

natalia.morozova
natalia.morozova

Excellent - 10 out of 10! For me Creed BdP is one of the most intense male parfum experiences - pure masculine, true wood, very warm and delicate with noticeable sandal in base – true masterpiece for those who care about value, style and love woody fragrances. Old-fashioned but very remarkable. It is for an exalted man with perfect outfit style.

jrichart
jrichart

Bois Du Portugal me ha sorprendido gratamente al contrario de como se muestran muchos usuarios que mantienen que se parece a otras fragancias como pueden ser Caron Third Man, Heritage, etc. Me ha sorprendido satisfactoriamente porque Bois Du Portugal lo he encontrado un perfume perfume, con esto quiero decir que es el típico perfume cuyas máximas son elegancia sin aristas, refinamiento y simplicidad, que son los vocablos que en mi opinión claro está deben reunir todo perfume de calidad. Bois Du Portugal es un perfume excesivamente conservador y formal pero esto no quiere decir que sea malo, hoy en día sucede mucho en la mayoría de las personas que una fragancia cuando es sería y formal es sinónimo de viejo, caducado y aburrido, y esto me parece un error garrafal pues la perfumería moderna no es que sea precisamente buena en mi opinión ya que casi todas las fragancias que lanzan incluso las grandes casas de perfumería que han lanzado perfumes legendarios como son Chanel y Guerlain hoy en día han declinado y se han sumado a la creación de fragancias genéricas. Volviendo a Bois Du Portugal, ha pesar de ser una fragancia formal y seria estamos ante un perfume exquisito, de una elegancia magistral y de una proyección, perdurabilidad y sillage muy buena para ser un perfume Creed. En Bois Du Portugal se cumple de nuevo el axioma menos es mas, pues Bois Du Portugal es un oriental amaderado compuesto prácticamente de lavanda, cedro, sándalo de Mysore y vétiver pero en Bois Du Portugal también sucede como en la simplicidad de ingredientes de Pour Monsieur de Chanel que estan inteligentemente integrados unos con otros y en perfecto balance. En resumen y en mi humilde opinión Bois Du Portugal es un perfume obra maestra de la simplicidad y equilibrio de ingredientes y obra maestra de la verdadera elegancia. Lo recomiendo para invierno y otoño o como mucho para una tarde primaveral y para salidas formales y para un rango de edad de 20 a 65 años.

One of the best deliveries by Creed yet still not entirely stisfying. Bois De Portugal starts with an uncompromising leather/tobacco accord that immediately brings to mind of late seventies / early eighties macho fragrances. In this phase BDP is dry, assertive and by all means masculine but, at the same time it's surrounded by a strong deja-vu feel that keeps going on and on and on...The fragrance evolves then into a sort of pwdery-woody oriental drydown that's even more conventional and unoriginal.

Overall Bois De Portugal smells fine but, as often with Creed, you can have better alternatives at 1/2 the price.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

marioslg3
marioslg3

I expected something more in this perfume. I find it quite silimar with Heritage Guerlain. The main difference is the opening. Bois is more citrusy in the beginning than Guerlain. My wife bought me the 2.5 oz and i used it only 2 days. The base notes are full of sandalwood, slightly sweet and powdery. I will never use it again as is not the type of masculine scent i like....I bought it for EUR 165 and is for sale if someone wants it. EUR 100 and the delivery on me. Just sent me a message.

Grottola
Grottola

Bois du Portugal reminds me a LOT of New York by Nicolaï or Heritage by Guerlain, but not as overtly powdery. Bois du Portugal, at least on me, has more neroli up top and isn't as "dandified" as either of those fragrances; it's more on the woody-spicy side. I've tried it before and I know I liked it, but I'll need to give it another few wearings before I make a final call on it.

Orpheus99
Orpheus99

When I sprayed this on, I got a nice spice blend from a distance. I put my nose close and sniffed. DIRTY FEET. Sharp and pungent. Whew, that's unpleasant. 10 minutes later, I get wet animal. 30 minutes in, the animalic scent begins to fade, and I start getting a hay note. 1 hour in and it has faded to a nice light musk smell, similar to Muscs Koublai Khan. The spice smell I get from a distance throughout. If you can make it past the the first 30 minutes, it's not bad. Just keep your nose away from the application point. Grade: C+

shenanigans
shenanigans

This is one very capable man. Absolutely confident and self assured. Quiet and calm. The sort of man that leads flawlessly when he dances.

Does that make him an old soul? Probably, but he is definitely sexier for it.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Bois du Portugal is arguably Creed's best masculine. Unfortunately, one could also contend it's Creed's dullest masculine. I think it's an over-priced clone of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur - which smells better by the way, even in cologne form. An explosion of aroma-therapeutic lavender off the top of BdP slides rapidly into a sandalwood, cedarwood, and ambergris arrangement. Cedar is dominant, and frankly I dislike cedar, enough to make avoiding this note in fragrance a priority, no matter how high-end or well conceived it is. However, the cedar in Bois du Portugal melds well with the sandalwood, which is dense and creamy. I may have more issues with the thick lavender because I dislike poorly-rendered lavender almost as much as well-rendered cedar, and in BdP, the lavender is far from great. Caron for men boasts a far better herbal lavender accord, and even Cool Water, with its blatantly synthetic "blue" lavender, manages to integrate the note with more finesse. Here it just smells detached and loud, as though the nose behind the perfume wanted lavender to introduce the woods and then make for the door. Try this one if you're looking for a traditional masculine with classical elements, and are tired of the legions of olfactory mushes that plague the genre. But be warned - beyond having excellent note separation, this Creed offers little to the imagination.

Valentino
Valentino

Oh, this is good stuff! Bois du Portugal is a warm and heady concoction of woods (Mysore sandalwood and cedar), vetiver, lavender and bergamot. It's for those 'larger than life' characters. The man who wears BdP walks a fine line between gentleman and arrogant prick, but either way you adore him!

While there is something pompous or ostentatious about BdP for the bystander, the wearer himself feels cocooned and comforted. It's the fragrance equivalent of being chauffeur driven around in a Rolls-Royce all day.

I would recommend this for a mature man with deep pockets mainly because Creed prices are ridiculous and you will definitely want more!

(For Baronbvp: I read somewhere that this is Paul Newman's signature fragrance and thanks for your kind words on my Habit Rouge review!).

Similar drydown to PdN's New York (but that one has strong orange blossom). If you want a super cheap version of this, try Realm for Men, which I actually like more, because I feel it is a bit more dynamic (though it does smell a bit cheaper). The strong lavender makes it "masculine," simply by conventions that developed over the last several decades in the perfume industry. The balance here is quite good; it smells a little bit like maple syrup, but not enough to be irritating (as some feel towards the Marquis de Sade unisex fragrance). I don't get much wood here. If you want that, I suggest Lalique Pour Homme (lion). No, I don't think it's worth the price, relatively speaking, but some people have so much money that it really isn't a big difference, and so they buy what they like best.

UPDATE: I've been told the samples I bought from a discounter site popular among online fragrance fans have "dead" top notes. I don't pay much attention to top notes anyway. What I get is a syrupy, slightly musky blend of amber/vanilla, spices, lavender, and civet. It's very blended so there might be mild woods here too. Good quality ingredients but very similar to Heritage, though without the patchouli and there's less aggressive lavender here. I find it cloying, however.

Cheeva
Cheeva

I bought a sample of this on ebay this week waiting for it to come in stay tuned.

**Update**
12-16-2010.

After more than a month waiting, I finally received my sample.

The opening is very much a woody oriental; so much so that the beginning is very similar to Creed Himalaya IMO.

I agree with shamus 1 in that the drydown does smell like a spicy Chanel Pour Monsieur. I think it is the sandalwood mixed with the vetiver that is giving a vanilla smell; similar to Chanel P. M. Imo.

Overall, not a bad fragrance
But not for me.

**UPDATE NO 2**
12-17-2010.

after another full day of wearing this..I gotta say, I'm hooked. This is truly an intoxicating fragrance the woody cedar spice is amazing; not to mention the longevity, on my skin it lasted a good 10 hours no joke; This stuff makes its presence known. Its a throwback to the 80s power frags; and takes no prisoners.

definitely for the 35 and up gentleman. who wants to exude money and class; not for the teenage club hoppers this stuff is so potent , it will probably kill them.

Omega Man
Omega Man

Spicy, dry, woody, and old-fashioned. Smells somewhere between Lagerfeld and Santos. BdP smells very nice and is masculine to the core, but let's face it: Creed is overpriced.

Creed BOIS DU PORTUGAL has a marked incense note, which dominates the composition from start to finish. I do not even detect the lavender, to be honest, so strong is the incense. The highly oriental quality surprised me from the listed notes: cedar, sandalwood, lavender, and vetiver, so I went on a fact-finding mission and learned that both cedar and sandalwood are often used to make incense.

Although the Creed people say that BOIS DU PORTUGAL is appropriate also for women, it seems more feminine than masculine to me, and I would not be surprised if some men felt uncomfortable wearing a fragrance with such a typical feminine oriental-woody quality. Not that it is overly sweet, but it is somewhat sweet.

BOIS DU PORTUGAL has superlative staying power and medium sillage, but it's not anything that you won't find many versions of in the women's oriental woody group.

mal23
mal23

This is for an older man in his mid-age or later. Not a youthful or interesting scent. Very peppery with a little bit of lavender and woods mixed together. Not for me. Overall a 5/10 scent

this is the perfect oriental, valilla type of scent, so sofisticade, well made and it smells natural... i dont know why Turin rating this one with only 2 stars.. and others craps of perfumery like Beyond Paradise, that is awful, he rated with 5 stars.. he is crazy... Perfume is a personal type of thing...

HOTRODS BY JP
HOTRODS BY JP

another, fantastic cologne from creed for men,i just started to ware creeds fragrances,one of the reasons,is on how they stick to tradition, from one genaration to the next.also the soup never chages the notes i started with one ,now i,have10, and they use real ambergriss,now thats class,im looking to buy next creeds tabarome millesime,if you look close you can see the smeel of real ambergriss,im glad i made my first purchased at nieman marcus,and im stll going that says it all keep sniffing

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Another awsome stuff from one of my favorite niche house! They are making great great blends with some of the best ingredients over the globe.

Maybe this one is for older people but I am not a teen...

Dick Turpin Esq
Dick Turpin Esq

This is a unique and ravishing scent that can only be worn by gentlemen of an evening who have romance on the mind. It is intoxicating to females and a wonderful demure fragrance.

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

This is a man's scent. I guess there are only woods and grasses in the pyramid, and I certainly smell that . . . but I also get the impression of deep, animalic, slightly untamed beast hiding just beneath the surface. It has that musky dry edge to it. For occasions when one wants to make an impact.

cbstarker
cbstarker

When I first started into the world of fragrances, one of the first things I learned was the dichotomous opinions of the Creed house. Over and over again, many reviewers stated that a certain other fragrance was just as good as a Creed but at a fraction of the price. Well, I went through a few of those something or others and will say that you get what you pay for.

Many Creed lovers will also say that BdP doesn't deliver the way other Creed fragrances do: low sillage, low longevity, and so on. But I disagree. I think of Bois de Portugal as the "soir" to their other more vociferous fragrances and it's all the more better for it. This is the quiet little so-and-so in the back of the room that's been holding out. When you finally introduce yourself, you end up going on a date!

What I like best about BdP is that it is like a choir: It combines a variety of notes that you can easily single out but work together to create a mellifluous song. And on top of that they are some of my favourite notes.

The is perhaps the most unique and well-formulated woody oriental that I have tried. The lavender is more like a movie preview before the feature presentaion. It provides a slightly floral opening that sticks around for a while to balance some of the woody notes but the vetiver note is by far the most interesting. Without it BdP would just be a fairly typical woody oriental but the slightly sour vetiver gets in there and makes things a little earthier, more grounded. It smells "real" and not like some delusion of grandeur.

Oh, and longevity? Sillage? I like my fragrances to stay close but last a long time. Bingo, Bois de Portugal is a beautiful, long lasting body-wrapping fragrance that captures many pleasing elements - floral, grassy, earthy and woody.

shamus1

Bois du Portugal is growing on me, and I'm wearing it as I write this. I'm surprised it's known as a "woody oriental". It smells like a leather chypre. Maybe it's wood oil I'm smelling, but it smells like leather to me. I like it. Reminds me of Aramis or a much more spicy Chanel Pour Monsieur.

shamus1

I just tried BDP for the first time today, and have to say that it's definitely a quality product, but not my cup of tea. It is extremely spicy and woody, but in a rather stodgy, dandified way. It reminds me of a lot of classic British men's fragrances from the turn of the century; BDP could just as easily been released by Floris. If you're like me and are prefer Annick Goutal's or Acqua di Parma's style of men's fragrances (i.e., "bitter" and "Mediterranean", respectively), BDP might not be for you. But if you're looking for a powerful, virile, spicy and leathery smelling high quality fragrance, BDP might be right up your alley. Just keep in mind that it definitely brings to mind the image of an uptight dandy.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Bois du Portugal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Creed Bois du Portugal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bois du Portugal by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bois du Portugal by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.