Designers » C » Aromatic Green « Groups

Chevrefeuille Creed for women and men

Chevrefeuille Creed for women and men
dislike

Chevrefeuille Creed for women and men Pictures

Chevrefeuille means "honeysuckle," which is the main ingredient of this perfume that commemorates Olivier Creed's childhood home in Normandy and its lavish honeysuckle vines.

Chevrefeuille is a fresh floral fragrance for men and women. It opens with the gentle aroma of honeysuckle leaves. The heart is composed of honeysuckle flowers and herbaceous notes, settled on a base of ambergris. Chevrefeuille was launched in 1982. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Honeysuckle Green Leaves

Honeysuckle Green Grass

Ambergris

Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse

Chevrefeuille Fragrance Reviews

Redbeard
Redbeard

I recall the smell of the honeysuckle bushes that covered the slope leading down to the parking lot at my elementary school. Unless they meant for this to smell like the leaves or stems of honeysuckle, and not the flowers, it's a complete misnomer. The very top notes are OK, with restrained florals over a very sharp green, but it doesn't take long for a bitter minty lime monster to creep in and ruin the party. This stage is heady and dark, burning my sinuses with a bitter chemical green. Fortunately this starts to disappear after a while and the florals make their cautious return over a slight rotted wood note. I remember this taking a lot longer on previous testings of CO, though, which caused the burning sensation to last longer. In the end, it's not a bad semi-floral unisex green scent, but there's a slight sulfurous edge. Plus, my nose is already super fatigued just from smelling those top and mid notes to write this review. Fortunately, the urinal cake note in the far drydown was still not lost on me.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Apparently this is vaulted :( Thats too bad. Its soft, minty, and limey. Refreshingly nostalgic. Herbaceous and green. Most people won't appreciate this because its not an attention grabber. I love it. Very old fashioned and subtle. Something in it takes me back to my childhood. This would make the perfect signature to be remembered by.

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Initial blast - very spicy. Starts to dry into spice plus citrus combo, evolving to evoke a conifer scent.
About a half hour later sadly it devolves into a single dimensional, metallic scent with hints of "green" and cool mint as well.

Later on, the long drydown is pleasing - in my opinion the spiciest out of the Creed perfumes I have tried. The label and official description is clearly misleading - this is a spicy and not flowery scent. For flowery, please try Royal Delight. Once I realized that it is supposed to be spicy, I fell for the scent. Think of the typical grey cap era Creed ambergris soapy drydown, with a fleeting hint of green, dominated by spice similar to clove, but more sharp and pointed... closer to Acier Aluminum. I'm not getting the full range of fennel described by another poster... this is more chemical / synthetic smelling, but still quite intriguing and different.

Verdict-yet another good fragrance sadly being vaulted.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A very interesting fragrance based upon the olfactory memory of a younger Olivier Creed. Utilizing both the honeysuckle foliage as well as its blossoms, the fragrance is at once verdant as well as sweetly floral. I initially found the opening to be a little too harsh and cloying, but fortunately the fragrance redeems itself in the dry down. The effect is somewhat sweet, somewhat soapy but undeniably fresh. I could see both sexes enjoying this. Perfect for a beautiful Spring day as it is sure to enlighten anyone's mood. (68)

I.I
I.I

Chevrefeuille reminds me of an old men's cologne, a very common one that my father used to have, I can't remember which one. It is definately a very familiar smell for me. It's indeed unisex, more on the male side.
It's not at all a huneysuckle scent, it is a green scent. Sorry but...even though it s nice, I don't think that this composition worths it's money.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

On me, this is unequivocally and unapologetically male. Not pretty boy in the way that Curve for men is (which I love.) I smell like a MAN. Not a handsome man, but a compelling man. If this wasn't so expensive, I'd get this for my husband.

I got a big blast of cool, crisp mint and something like basil right from the start. It starts to smooth out after about 10 minutes but it never loses the mintiness. Very green, very crisp, very manly. Very nice for what it is. What it isn't, is a honeysuckle fragrance. I want a feminine, predominantly honeysuckle. This is not it.

marcusman
marcusman

If you are looking for a Green Creed scent that's different from the rest in the line, this is it. If you are looking for a heavy anise centered fragrance, this is it. if you are looking for honeysuckle this is not it. But who is realy looking for a honeysuckel fragrance anyway? It's a unique fragrance that's under appreciated IMO.

Creed's website list the notes as follows: Top Notes: Honeysuckle leaves
Middle Notes: Honeysuckle flowers, herbaceous notes
Base Notes: Ambergris

To my nose: CO starts off with a blast of green floral slightly minty freshness. I guess this is the leaves of honeysuckle I'm detecting thus the slightly minty accord with the middle notes of the florals actually appearing in the top notes in addition to the middle notes. The top notes quickly dry down after 10-15 minutes. Following this stage the fennel-anise comes in with the floras still in the background. These are the herbaceous notes listed for the middel. Fennel and anise have a similar taste and smell profile. Did Olivier use anise or fennel? I guess we will never know and I guess it does not matter. My guess is that it's actually fennel. To me fennel is more herbaceous then anise. Anise is more licorice candy to my nose and while the middle notes have that licorice vibe, it's more herbal then candy licorice. So I'm guessing fennel over anise. Regardless this is my favorite part of the dry down. Wow! What an awesome middle...if your nose at all enjoys anise-licorice notes you will love this stage of the fragrance. Most anise centered fragrance make me almost queasy. I guess it's the sweetness and cloying nature of that note but somehow in CO balances this with the florals and herbals so it's not nauseating. Just plain pleasant, almost soothing, comforting. The middle notes last about 2 hours and now comes the base...ambergris is listed as the base. (Of course...it's creed...would we expect anything less...). The amount of ambergris in the base is considerably less then the rest of Creed's line. Subtle. It would have to be, because of the use of leaves, flowers, herbs, a heavy handed use of ambergris would overwhelm and mute those top and middle notes. Another reviewer mentioned vanilla note...I pick up that type of note in the base as the scent fades into a pleasant skin scent. It's so subtle. Not really vanilla but maybe a hint of something sweet. I think it's the effect of the fennel-anise middle blending with the ambergris base. What a nice finish to a beautiful fragrance. All in all I get 4 hours of sillage with modest projection. What I typically expect for the Creed house. I'm not sure why this fragrance is not more popular. Maybe it's the anise, it's not a popular note. I think it may also be related to the naming of the fragrance...I mean how many men would consider buying a honeysuckle fragrance? I didn't purchase or try this for a couple of years because I didn't think honeysuckle would go over very well in a male fragrance. Perhaps if Creed re-released under the name Millesime Anise Original it would have more of a following...but alas it's gone the way of many of the other "gray tops"...into the vault...try it while you can...

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

This is not a honeysuckle scent, dont let the description fool you. I lived with a giant honeysuckle vine outside my front door! This is more a "cologne" than anything, it opens with a bracing, and crisp mixture of lavender, bergamot, perhaps maybe even mint & star anise? Very bright & fresh, sparkling and instantly evocative of a temperate, sunny day outdoors. Chevrefeuille is intensely green as well, and brings to mind Eau Campagne for a moment i almost smell tomato leaves & LOTV! However, this sparkling, uplifting lovely is not very long lasting. i can imagine Chevrefeuille being perfect for a wedding, office, or anywhere a "genteel" or "polite" scent would be appropriate. Truly ephemeral in its fleeting beauty, it wakes up the senses, takes one on a short trip through the countryside on a beautiful day, then to the tub, and a nice quality soapy drydown, then finally to the indoors and a barely there amber on the skin. If you can wait that long to reapply or apply SOMETHING! its so soft after the initial herbal players leave the field. The trip is a beautiful one, i truly enjoy it, but i find myself wanting something more. I can see burning through a bottle too quickly. Perhaps it will wear better on clothing than on skin, but the drydown is the best part. sigh..

Orpheus99
Orpheus99

This is a lovely light citrus/floral. Good projection, good longevity. Not a feminine floral, this is decidedly gender neutral. I was impressed with the 6+ hours I got out of this considering it's a citrus scent. The projection stays high throughout. The only negative is that toward the end, this one started to go sour and pungent. Takes a long time to get to this point however, so its a minor negative. Grade: B+

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Whatever this is, it doesn’t smell like honeysuckle. At first sniff, it smells like lavender, tonka, and some candy-like fruity notes that quickly disappear. Then there comes a citrus-basil note that reminds me of the little plate of Thai basil and lime that always comes with a bowl of pho. There is no trace of honeysuckle flowers. Sillage is moderate, and the scent lasts about 4-5 hours.

I have no idea what Olivier Creed was smelling if, as the blurb on the Creed website says, this scent is based on his memories of a blooming honeysuckle bush. Actually, it’s probably for the best since honeysuckle is such an elusive and difficult note to mimic in perfumery and would probably have turned out badly. As it is, this variation on the herb garden behind the honeysuckle bush is a pleasant and very wearable cologne-type EdT.

Chevrefeuille, In my opinion, is one of the best composition in the Creed's range. Green, floral, refined, unique and absolutely unisex. It opens with a captivating blast of honeysuckle leaves mixed with green notes and immediately enriched by a slight floral accord that stays quite linear for a couple of hours. Liqorice plays hide and seek throughout the fragrance evolution providing a delicate and aromatic extra touch.

While this composition takes the distance from other classics from the same house (i.e. Aventus, SMW, GIT) at the same time it won't disappoint the Creed's purists as the whole perfume structure is built on the usual ambergis base. Even if this time, it feeels like ambergis is kind of lurking in the back as if were a signature printed with the invisible ink. Recommended.

Rating: 7.5/10

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Quite possibly the finest Creed I've tried, next to Original Vetiver. My vantage point here is biased, as I'm truly a fan of OV and find it to be the most pleasing Creed available, hands down. When I tried OV, I thought all Creeds were that delightful, and was a little let down when I tried subsequent offerings. Where else can I find that rich greenness? Well, right here in fact. Chevrefeuille Original is a beauty.

It opens with a rich grassy minty greenness that explodes off skin. The grassiness is unsweetened by the mint, and made rather camphorous and bright. Gradually this fresh grass accord, which is rendered in a far more staid manner than that in Original Vetiver, slips into a earthy fennel-infused middle, with a darkness enveloping the herbs. This is balanced by the emergence of a semi-sweet honeysuckle leaf, which reflects the delicacy of the flowers. As it dries down fully, the honeysuckle leaf comes forward and dominates the fragrance. It's a fairly simple three-tiered evolution, from grassy to anisic to sweet. When I purchased my bottle (blindly, which was bold I do say), I expected a Creed EDT to be weaker than water. Was I ever surprised! Chevrefeuille is quite potent, and a little goes a long way. Under-application leaves you smelling like a vaguely sweet honeysuckle patch. Over-application creates a rich green aura of summery decadent floralcy that can be overbearing in extreme heat. However, I do think this fragrance works best in the dead of summer. Something about heat brings out the sweetness and gives you the full benefit of just how glorious honeysuckle can smell. This is a 10/10.

Cereza
Cereza

For me it opens with AMAZING green honeysuckle which pleases my nose with the most wonderful, natural smell of wet grass. I can feel a bits of medical notes, I suspect mint which is not listed, but it's only making this even more likeable, well, at least for my nose.
I feel this as a extremely feminine fragrance at least at the opening, because of the sweet smell of honeysuckle. It's not sexy, nor romantic, it's just plainly refreshing, like a mojito in extremely hot summer day.
I feel that Chevrefeuille is something I would wish to get my hands on in summertime as it's so complex despite the notes and very mouthwatering as I feel it resembles mojito that much.

I'm extremely pleased.

Creed CHEVREFEUILLE is much more about feuilles de chevrefeuille (honeysuckle leaves) than about the flower (honeysuckle) itself. I agree with the category aromatic green, because CHEVREFEUILLE opens very aromatically and then turns very green very fast with a beautiful combination of mint, basil, feuilles de chevrefeuille and who knows what else.

It's all fresh and green, not at all sweet, and a pleasure to smell and be enveloped in, evoking memories of serene grasslands dotted with tiny blossoms. But the blossoms really are tiny: this is not at all a floral fragrance, which makes its name somewhat puzzling.

Perhaps not for Creed, however, since they seem to use some of the names of their fragrances metaphorically or figuratively, or basically anything but literally! In this case, the name probably keeps men away, since it really sounds like it might/must be a single-note floral fragrance. Far from it, in fact! On the other hand, women may be just as surprised to find out how aromatic and almost tart the opening is.

The Creed website, by the way, lists CHEVREFEUILLE under all three of its user categories: women, men, and universal, which seems right, since this is an invigorating and spirit-elevating fragrance suitable for everyone throughout the spring and summer months. The staying power and sillage are good, but the sillage is not at all floral--it is green!

I like this very much would love to have the large economy-size bottle (8.4oz) for reckless splashing...

Chevrefeuille by Creed 3.73 out of 5 based on 44 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Chevrefeuille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Chevrefeuille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chevrefeuille by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chevrefeuille by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.