Designers » C » Woody Chypre « Groups

Cypres Musc Creed for men

Cypres Musc Creed for men
dislike

Cypres Musc, launched in 1948, belongs to the Creed Private Collection, which consists of perfumes originally created for famous clients. The Private Collection scents, when available, are offered in large 250 ml tinted glass flacons with ground glass stoppers, covered in natural hide and sealed with gold thread.

Cypres Musc is a wonderful fresh, woody and green scent. The notes include bergamot, cypress, oakmoss, musk and amber. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Fourth Generation.

Musk oak moss Amber Bergamot Cypress

Cypres Musc Fragrance Reviews

landshark321
landshark321

An overall woody/musky/soapy mix, I almost get neroli out of the sharpness that pervades not only the opening but the dry down as well. This strikes me as a more refined citrus than a synthetic pine-sol-ish note, though, so I'd generally disagree with such criticisms though I understand each opinion is different. It's not anchored by a ton of cypress in my opinion, so I wouldn't label it a cypress-intensive fragrance as its name suggests, but rather a generic woody base that lingers somewhere between cedar, cypress, and perhaps even sandalwood.

Usually hailed as more of a warm weather scent, I find it perfectly pleasant in cold weather, pungent enough to cut through the air even in the dry down. Overall, projection and longevity are moderate for an EDP, nothing to acclaim but I wouldn't complain about it either.

Certainly worth trying and enjoying this treat if you can come by a decant, as it was only ever sold in the 8.4oz flacon, not a smaller atomizer, unfortunately. Still inferior to a similar scent in Epicea but very nice in its own right.

7 out of 10

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

A great scent, I really appreciate it. Very soapy musky spicy. The woods come through very well.

robg303
robg303

LOL! Toilet freshener, Pine sol, maybe even that little paper pine scented car fragrance you hang on the rearview mirror?
I can see why people would say that!
But ya know what? It's a Damn good freshener, like what you'd find in the finest hotels and mansions of the rich and elite!
Seriously though, those are over simplifications of this regal, outdoorsy scent.
It's a cool, green, and musky cypress experience.
Makes me think of an Ancient Greek Hero walking through the rocky, cypress lined landscape in the dead of winter.

marioslg3

if someone is having this, i would like to swap..please send me a message

marioslg3

This was the personal perfume of Aristotle Onassis....i would like to smell it indeed!!!

I would love to know the identity of the "famous client" for whom Creed CYPRES MUSC was created. Could it perhaps be the director of my old girl scout camp?

Upon application, I was shocked by the smell of this potent little liquid. Was it Pine Sol? No, more complex than that. And also less clean. What was this oh-so-familiar fragrance from my long-forgotten past?

And then it came to me in a flash: CYPRES MUSC smells *exactly* like the latrines at summer camp! The mingling odor of Pine Sol-saturated planks of wood along with the horrific mass of human excrement in the deep dark wells of makeshift bathrooms found hidden away in the midst of the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

Although it was nice to recall the not-always-so-halcyon days of my childhood, I won't be adding CYPRES MUSC to my collection. Who would want to smell like this?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Cypres Musc fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Creed Cypres Musc, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cypres Musc by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cypres Musc by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.