Designers » C » Chypre « Groups

Erolfa Creed for men

Erolfa Creed for men
dislike

Erolfa Creed for men Pictures

This invigorating fragrance is an ode to the Creed family's happy memories of sailing the Mediterranean. The name "Erolfa" is formed from the letters of their names.

ER stands for Erwin CREED, the only son of Olivier CREED. Erwin is the seventh generation and future head of the House of CREED. OL stands for Olivia, Mr. CREED’s only daughter and a talented visual artist who works for the company. FA stand for Fabienne, Erwin’s and Olivia’s mother.

This fresh marine fragrance evokes the joy of sailing on the high seas. The notes includes citrus fruits and bergamot in the top, herbal notes in the heart and ambergris in the background. Erolfa was launched in 1992. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Caraway Lime Melon Green Notes Violet Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Pine Tree Ginger Pepper Jasmine Nutmeg Flower Herbal Notes

Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Cedar Ambergris

Neroli Sauvage

Erolfa Fragrance Reviews

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

I bought a bottle of this magnificent perfume. I love it.
When I spray, I smelled a lot of citrus scent including Lime, Bergamot Lemon and Melon which are blended meticulously. It also smells like something green and spicy which are mixed with Musk scent. A fresh citrus and Aquatic perfume with a bit Spice and Wood scent.
According to my experience I can say It has a great longevity and the projection is good. I think it is suitable for Summer and spring the most. This perfume can be wear for daily activities and It is also a good one for leisure time.
نمونه حهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام بدهند

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

Erolfa opens with an oceanic aroma and then, and oh then does this turn into something nice. Neiman Marcus sent this to me as a sample and boy was I hooked!!! Erolfa does lean towards Imperial and GIT, yet it is somewhere caught in the middle. I love this fragrance, can't wait for the body wash to get here so that l can use both to allow the fragrance to last longer. Don't get me wrong, I sprayed (1 sprits) on my hand and that was 3 hours ago and I still get a great whiff of this great stuff. I just like smell this stuff!!!!

K1
K1

Cliché green inoffensive masculine type of fragrance that dangles between sporty style and formal occasions, yet it's not Polo-sporty type of green nor sufficiently confidence to appear in dapper suit. It's a typical melon teabag drink to lose weight and look cool. Furthermore, people complain about tenacity.

عطر مردونۀ کلیشه ای بی آزار و مهربون سبز که بین حال و هوای اسپرت و رسمی معلق و بلاتکلیف مونده، اما نه مثل پولو راف لورن اسپرت سبز هست، نه اونقدر اعتماد به نفس داره که توی لباس رسمی خودش رو نشون بده. مثل چای کیسه ای با طعم طالبی هست که برای کم کردن وزن و خوشتیپ شدن میخورن! جدا از این، مردم دادشون دراومد در مورد قدرت پخش و موندگاری این کار

JEDI 2.0
JEDI 2.0

I ordered a 5ml decant of this, and I'm so glad i finally tried it! I am delightfully surprised!

I suppose i expected a basic "citrus blast top to salty musk base" and not much more. ..but it IS more. It's more crisp and clean than I thought it would be.

Half a day's wear was all it took, this is easily my 2nd favorite Creed and one of my favorite colognes to date. Very versatile; IMO suited for hot weather, but crisp enough to wear year round honestly. 9/10 for me.

nero77
nero77

Summer Breeze...

A beautiful fragrance from Creed. It evokes the scent of the Creed family holiday in the Mediterranean. Much like a few others in this house, this one is related to a personal story.

What I get from this is a very breezy, well composed fresh summer citrus with some interesting facets. It is not an aquatic per se, but it does have a "fresh" vibe which is coming from the melon I think.

A great citrus top which lasts well into the base, a slightly salty fresh vibe and resting on an ambergris base. There is a lot to like here. I guess when it comes to originality, there are a few fragrances which have a similar "summer" vibe. For me I do like this for what it does. I would recommend it to try. A really nice fragrance for sure.

micavana
micavana

A very interesting scent from Creed. It is not very often that I get a story from a fragrance, I tend to get colors and memories from fragrances, but stories.. not so much.. In the case of Erolfa, this is what I get..

It is a lazy Sunday afternoon, so I decide to sleep in.. Around 11 am I get up and think.. "It is time to visit my barber." I quickly get dressed and head towards the old time barber shop. The pleasant aromas of the barbershop makes me happy. I smile as I take the chair. The barber accidentally knocks over the container of the green liquid holding the combs. It splashes across me leaving that old school barber shop scent on me. Suddenly I have the overwhelming need to leave and so I exit the front door.. into an herb garden. The delicious scent of herbs fill the air as I wander along aimlessly for an hour or so until I come to the sea shore. On the dock a ship is being loaded with various citrus fruits, being shipped overseas. As the ship leaves the dock I jump aboard and become a stowaway. As we sail out to sea I am overcome by the combination of the fresh salty sea air and the citrus fruit cargo. As we continue to sail further out, the ship gets smaller with every mile. After about 7 hours we disappear from the face of the planet.

To me that sums up this fragrance nicely. It starts off with a clean barbershop scent, followed by a wave of herbal aromas. Finally it settles on a salty citrus that fades little by little until it is gone.

I find Erolfa to be a good Clean and fresh summer scent. The projection is a bit weak to moderate on my skin and the longevity is about 6 to 8 hours.

Bottom line: If you like clean fresh scents and want to try something a little different, you should try this one. If you are looking for a powerhouse / beast fragrance, this is not the one for you.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Ambergris can have a very salty/marine/seaweed characteristic due to the fact that it spends much time in sea waters prior to being washed ashore. This lends itself well to scents like Erolfa and MI. They are high quality and natural smelling marine/aquatic scents, and so they should be. These are the best fragrances you can buy in this genre and I plan to buy/wear both this summer.

The best performance tends to be from tester bottles and decants as they have had time to "breath", like a decanted wine. So if you have a new bottle just bear this in mind before diving in with a negative review - give the bottle a little time for the scent to open up properly. Most likely you will experience some notable difference in the initial weeks/months.

I have never liked aquatic scents, even though I love the sea. I just find them so synthetic, crude and childish. But these two will be added to my collection as they just stand head and shoulders above the rest. Pure class...

Cerulean
Cerulean

Yes, it smells clean and also yes, it serves the concept.

What I question though, is the notoriety of this brand and the prices. There are some good scents from Creed, don't get me wrong, but I need a solid reason as to why I have to buy this fragrance and not, let's say, Biotherm Aquafitness.

There are niche marine fragrances that smell more natural and more authentic and interesting, with better longevity and more character, be it soft or intense. I don't mind synthetic smells, there are concepts that the synthetic vibe serves its purpose, but honestly Erolfa is just a common aquatic with citrus and calone at a double price.

Now, I don't hate calone, I have caloney fragrances that I love, but I just can't find a time where the conversation with my brain will result to: "Hey you, I'm your brain and I know that you know you want to pay 150 pounds to smell safe and generic"

Many options out there... but if you feel like you want to spend money for a synthetic smelling aquatic, try to track down the vintage Cool Water instead. If you want to spend it for Creed though, go for Green Irish Tweed. It's probably the only one that deserves it.

** I tried it from a tester in Liberty that was half full, so the fragrance had plenty of time to breathe, but this shouldn't be an issue with a price that high. Aesthetically, plenty of marine scents in the niche world that actually deliver.

Lightning
Lightning

This is a Creed I overlooked at first, but now it's one of my favorite fragrances from the house. It has a nice pleasant salty aroma, a great tangerine note, with some light herbs and Creed's signature ambergris. Despite being less fruity, I find it even more refreshing and welcoming than Millesime Imperial.

It has weak projection, one of Creed's shortest longevities and it's overpriced (for those reason it gets a "Like" and not a "Love"). But it smells really good though. If I ever get lots of disposable income, I'd probably buy this one at some point.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

Dear Sergio (below),

I am very LEARY about ordering from suppliers although I do it all the time. I think it's important for everyone to be aware that many fakes can look VERY CLOSE to the real products.

I was almost duped at one point with a bottle of Versace Oud Noir. Luckily I found the real deal for a great price from a supplier in Canada. Certain suppliers might not even be aware that they are carrying a "counterfeit" product.

My advice to the untrained eye is YouTube. Believe it or not I have learned a lot from reviewers online. Also blogs like here and Basenotes are great places to identify counterfeit products. Which, by the way, is a major crime and those involved will face charges.

If you would like to know the link that saved me, search for
"Real vs Fake Part 4 Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir Fragrance/Cologne" on YouTube.

I found a reputable supplier online but realized the one on Ebay was questionable. Sometimes YOU HAVE TO LOOK CLOSELY! Some fakes do have serial numbers.

You have to BE VERY CAREFUL, Here is an example for Creed.
Search, "Fake Creed Aventus vs. Real Creed Aventus" on You Tube.

This is proceeds of crime. This is something that involves gang activity and organized crime from certain countries. Please be careful. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

So be sure when you are reviewing a fragrance, that you are actually reviewing the real one. Trust me, I can smell fake luxury a million miles away. LITERALLY!

darrenwrite
darrenwrite

are you kidding me, this smells like the most synthetic, cheap fragrance you can buy. Creed do some very good fragrances but this one is a money grab in my opinion

Frag_Mented
Frag_Mented

This smells amazing! The best clean aquatic fragrance out there bar none. 8/10

Sergio14
Sergio14

WOW, Really not what I espected from Creed... total Disapointment, One and a half hours after spraying, it was completely gone. I do not Believe Frangancex Sold me a counterfit product.

Well Blind buy has brought me many good ones. Thanks for all of you for your opinion, but this one is going to go to my little bro, or my Dog After a shower.

The smell its not bad, but certainly not 220 dolars...

UPDATE: 3 Days in a row I have use it. Good Smell, not splendid, just good.
Can not Smell nothing until I put my nose together with my skin. 14 sprays each day... NOT WORTH THE MONEY

Furyjuma
Furyjuma

If anyone if wants to Erolfa for blue sugar by aqualina 3.4 oz message me on [email protected]

landshark321
landshark321

A solid member of the Creed empire, I suppose Erolfa is the marine partner to the beachy Virgin Island Water. VIW is drinks on the beach, and Erolfa takes you out to sea. Erolfa is surely one of the less discussed warm weather Creed fragrances, given the house's abundance of strong entries in this vein, but it does have its own nuances--specifically, the citrus/ambergris pairing. I don't get a very specific citrus vibe out of the opening, but the dry down for me is overwhelmingly ambergris, with slightly woody elements there as well (perhaps cedar or sandalwood due to the slight sweetness).

It's the ambergris, however, that really anchors (yes) the dry down to make it a bit heavier than the other summer Creed options. So it's not truly a saltwater marine smell (as in Nautica Oceans) but rather the Mediterranean-inspired elements that connect to the sea (the driftwood element of Tom Ford Costa Azzurra is familiar here).

Erolfa is, on the whole, pleasant and versatile, and while not a super standout of Creed, it still has a valuable place on a shelf, though I'm not sure it's the next couple of Creeds I would buy. Also, it's decent on longevity and projection like most, but not really an exception on either.

7 out of 10

james.ebaugh
james.ebaugh

First I want to say I'm a big fan of the house of Creed, but I'm very disappointed after sampling this fragrance at Nieman Marcus. I love aquatics and I was excited to try a Creed aquatic. I've been let down. Simplistic, cheap-smelling cologne that does not live up to it's "niche" status at all. With a Creed price tag I would expect much better. It's astonishing to me that the someone who created a masterpiece such as GIT can come out with something as piss poor as Erolfa. It's made with quality ingredients as all creeds are, but the smell in itself is very average.

Smell: 5/10

Jack1Rip1BurnIt
Jack1Rip1BurnIt

To me this smells like salty lime with creamy sandlewood and ambergris in the base. I put up with the spotty performance(sometimes 3 or 4 hours longevity, but other times I get a clean 6 hours depending on the day) because this is a masterpiece scent. I will forever wear this fabulous creation.

*Scent - 10/10

*The only thing that matters

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

This is the sleeper of the Creed gentlemens line of fragrances. Everyone knows Green Irish Tweed and Aventus. But this. This is so clean and fresh and full of summer. Very unique scent. If this is what yachting on the mediterranen is suppose to remind me of then it did its job.Beautiful scent prefer it over M.I easily a blind buy. Full of happiness.I think I found one of my signature scents.

Nbond007
Nbond007

pleasant kinda like silver mountain water and MI by creed...soft clean....not bad!!!

m.saberi84
m.saberi84

خوراک تابستونه بوی رومانتیکی داره و مهربونه

weaselize
weaselize

This cologne smells old.
It smells really dirty, almost pervert, salty and old like an aftershave cologne that has been expired. The best part of it for me is the opening but there it stops for me.
Didn,t like it at all.

ShiveringTimber
ShiveringTimber

@robg303
I also hate the summer. Luckily, where I live, we only have 4-5 months of warm spring/hot summer.

Have you tried Dior's classic Eau Sauvage EDT? I wore it over the entire summer last year. It's nice, light, mostly lemony.

As far as taking you to the beach, you should try to get ahold of a bottle of Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. It's quite cheap here in the United States, roughly $20 for a 3.4 oz, but I believe it's more beachy than Creed's Virgin Island Water. It's similar to VIW with one exception, it replaces coconut in VIW with Tequila.

Another cheaper one here is Perry Ellis Red. It's somewhat of a complex play on Acqua de Gio.

Or just do what I do. Wear Acqua de Gio Essenza. The middle notes keep some spice in an otherwise summery scent. Was going to recommend 4711, but saw it in your wardrobe. If you like it, you may really love the Dior Eau Sauvage EDT.

Kain
Kain

Creed Erolfa is one of those scents that if you want to really appreciate it, you should use it in high heat. when it's more than 40'C (above 100'F) out there and you just want to grab that disgusting sun and throw it to the garbage! I hate summer! xD

The opening of this fragrance is a very salty, watery and kind of green aroma mixed with some transparent and watery citruses. the citruses here are not up in front and you will not get a common tart or juicy fresh citruses out of this. the citrusy note does exist but a few steps back from that sea salt, watery and green kind of smell. some people may don't like this salty opening but dude, it's just magical and so refreshing in high heat.

After about half an our (less or more) that strong salty feeling goes in the background and scent gets slightly sweet. there are also some floral notes in the background and I can clearly feel them but they are not so strong to make scent flowery and feminine.

The base of this fragrance is a semi fresh, clean (kind of soapy) slightly sweet and at the same time salty and green smell that some woods give it just more oomph!
Projection is below average but longevity is OK. around 4-5 hours which is nice. it doesn't worth to buy it with Creed's boutique prices ($350 for 120ml?! are you kidding me?!) but if you could find it much cheaper in a discounter or something it's a nice catch. I like it.

این عطر از کرید جزو اون دسته از عطرهاست که اگر واقعا میخواین ازش لذت ببرین و خودشو نشون بده باید چله تابستون ازش استفاده کنین. زمانی که دما بالای 40 درجه سانتی گراده و دوست دارین اون خورشید مردشور برده رو بگیرین پرتش کنین سطل آشغالی. جهت اطلاع دوستان (هر چند اهمیتی هم نداره!) من از تابستون و گرما متنفرم

رایحه ابتدایی این عطر یه بوی شور و نمکی و یه جورایی آبکی هست که یه حس ضعیف سبز هم داره و رایحه بسیار ملایمی از مرکبات هم باهاش ترکیب شدن. رایحه مرکبات تو این عطر رایحه اصلی نیست که خیلی قشنگ مثل خیلی از عطرهای تابستونی یه حس ترش یا ملس مرکباتی به شروع عطر بده. قشنگ چند قدم عقب تر از اون بوی آب دریا مانند و شور قرار داره. شروعش جوریه که ممکنه خیلی ها خوششون نیاد از اون حس شور اما این بوی شور و ابکی تو گرمای خیلی زیاد عالیه و بسیار مفرح و نشاط بخشه

بعد از حدود نیم ساعت این حدودا اون حس شور و آبکی تا حد مشخصی فروکش میکنه و بوی عطر خیلی کم شیرین میشه. کمی رایحه گلها هم تو این مرحله به عطر اضافه میشن اما خیلی خیلی ضعیف هستن واصلا جوری نیست که مثل آزارو کروم بوی عطر رو خیلی گلی و زنانه کنن

رایحه پایه هم بوی تقریبا یکسانی داره. بوی نیمه شاداب، کمی تمیز یه جورایی یه مقدار صابونی، نیمه شور و کمی هم شیرین به اضافه رایحه خفیف گلها و کمی هم رایحه چوب درخت سدر که فقط اواخر به عطر اضافه میشه. پخش بوش زیاد جالب نیست و ضعیفه اما ماندگاریش بدک نیست. حدود 4-5 ساعت که برای همچین سبک بو و عطری رقم خوبیه. در مجموع با قیمت های اصلی این عطر به نظرم ارزش خرید آنچنانی نداره اما بعضی سایتها هستن که عطرها رو با تخفیف های خیلی خوبی به نسبت قیمت رسمی اش میفروشن. که بحمداله تو ایران که موجود نیست و اونایی هم که خارج از کشورن تا میگی ایران با چوب و چماغ میوفتن دنبالت! با قیمت های اونا میشه رو خریدش فکر کرد

Poncher
Poncher

Reminds me of Pleasures For Men by Estée Lauder.
Waited 15 minutes and I smelled the similarities.

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

I really did not like this one that much, just a confused mess of iodine and sea salt which fades after about two hours.

Come on CREED, you charge a fortune for your stuff, at least make it smell nice and last.

lyktor
lyktor

This is a very good and safe scent but not ground breaking and really overpriced, I don't get any oceanic vibe

I suggest you don't blind buy it because of the price tag

robg303
robg303

So, it's already pretty warm and hummid where I am, already fortelling of a scorching Summer to come.
And it's interesting how one's olfactory tastes can change very dramitically in a different climate/season.

I for one, am a lover of exotic spices, incense, woods, all manner of musks and such. But, I can't fathom wearing anything like that right now. Sadly!

That said, water is the main element that surrounds me and is a major factor in the air and climate here. So, I've packed away my intense spicey fragrances and set about to explore the world of minimalist and aquatic scents.

Of course such a task is overwhelming and hard to do, since I have limited access to them. I've sniffed through the commercial variety available to me at the moment, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

I have Millisime Imperial and Virgin Island Water, both in small supply. But, I want to be transported to the ocean!

A friend let me try some EROLFA a few times and I found this fragrance most intrigueing, but also strange and confusing. It's not classified as an aquatic and has a long list of odd ingredients.

At first, it seemed old world, herby, bitter citrus and astringent. Like a cleaning product from the early 1900's. Yuck, wierd!

But, wait.....about 20 min.later a strange vanillaish, wet, light-woodsy aroma unfolded....oddly like clean wood on a boating dock, or a piece picked up from salty water. Interesting!

As time went on I found myself more and more enamored with this scent, with it's ever unfolding layers of creamy sandalwood, aquatic musk. What a scizophrenic fragarance!

But, man I have to say it's really, really, good the more it dries down. It is indeed both aromatic and aquatic, evovling slowly over time.

I will say that this is not a skin scent, having experienced it on myself and my friend. I believe it probalby works better on clothing. It lasts much longer and that dry down is fabulous days later.
So, for those of you unsure about it, or who didn't like it, maybe try it on your cloths and see if it works better?

As for my search?
I will keep exploring, but this is a complex, elegant and unique starting point, to the world of watery/aquatic and oceanic scents.

P.S.

I welcome any suggestions from you guys in my search.

Thanks!

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

Another watered-down aquatic from Creed. Not a lot to say about this one - it's salty, it's slightly sweet, it's synthetic. Excuse the alliteration, but it kinda sucks.

To be frank, this is essentially a $300 alternative to Acqua Di Gio. Every time I pass a Creed counter, I always want to find something that I really like - but I never do. Kudos to Creed's marketing team on establishing an image, but the vast majority of their scents are overpriced and uninspired.

For a more creative take on salty aquatic, try Heeley's Sel Marin.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

The following review is really for my notes only, its very brief and leaves out a ton of details. Im just typing something that I remember each by. Im sure I will disrespect someones favorite fragrance too.

Very high quality aquatic. Complex and worth a decant even though I don't like aquatics.

PAK
PAK

I consider this fragrance as aquatic. The initial application of this scent is quite nice. Its a simple citrus intro with a dry, electrical ozone note.(first hour hour or so. Then a somewhat herbal greenness shows up, with hints of moss and dampened pine but these are soon eclipsed by a dry woodiness. Also the ambergris doesn't amplify the base beyond a slight sweetness. About two hours or so it becomes very light and hard to detect...almost gone. A nice fragrance and different from other aquatics, it's a shame that it quickly drifts off to sea.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Very rarely will I buy a frag without trying it. Opinion's are very personal so everything I read is taken with a grain of salt. I also try to give the frag a chance that it just might be for me?
Unfortunately, I have to admit that I was disappointed with this fragrance. What baffles me is if you look at the individual notes being used, you have to wonder how can you go wrong when you combine them together. Lime, lemon, Sandalwood, Musk, Oakmoss, Cedar, Jasmine...all great notes and if there put together they can be amazing.
The best way to describe this frag is to give you an analogy. When you go to see an orchestra..there are quite moments when one instrument sounds so beautiful that it can take your breath away. All it takes is one instrument to be off scale and its spoils the entire moment. I don't know if it's the violet or the Cyclamen giving it a undesirable effect to a fragrance which is considered to tops.
Longevity and Silage are both very good.
Final thoughts, it's a shame because I believe that if the notes had been fine tuned this fragrance could of been outstanding. Unless Creed tries to improve the aroma of this frag I wouldn't consider it a possibility again.
Overall 3.5/10 or ☆☆

Bluedude02
Bluedude02

Erolfa, at first sniff I got a seaweed laden beach the morning after a storm. It was actually a bit off putting at first. After about 15 - 30 minutes, this pungent aspect faded and an aroma reminiscent of a salty seashell filled beach with gentle breeze blowing off the breakers. While the opening turns from pungent to relaxing, the beauty of this scent is found within the dry down. The base consist of a rich white musk that is as my girlfriend puts it, "intoxicating."

In terms of performance, on my skin I get around 6 - 8 hours with it projecting about 4 of those hours. Then it pretty much becomes a skin scent.

This is definitely a fragrance that you a have to give a few hours to develop but if your patient you will be rewarded.

Scores:
Longevity- 7.5
Sillage - 8.0
Value. - 6.5 kinda pricey for what it is!

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

THE SHORT DAYS OF SUMMER

Who knew that Erolfa would be the greatest escape artist?

Nice, fresh, lime opening is followed by a well blended easy-to-wear refreshing fragrance - next thing I know I'm down at the local precinct filing a 'missing fragrance report'.

usas
usas

I have a tester of this one and it will be my next buy.

Aquatic, marine, spicy with a twist. Not for the young boys. I even smell a hint of urine. Am I the only one? But it isn't repulsive, actually suits the fragrance quite well.
The only downside is the longevity, which is below average.

8,5/10

Redbeard
Redbeard

I was having a hard time remembering the differences between this, Millesime Imperial, and Hugh Parsons Traditional which is a lot like MI. The very first notes are just a little watery and spearminty; it's definitely a more herbal aquatic compared to MI's fruity aquatic, which I had forgotten. The mint gives it a different kind of sweetness compared to the melon in MI, but to about the same degree. It's definitely less tropical, and depicts a slightly rougher sea, though not nearly as choppy as Bulgari Aqua. As refreshing as they are, I don't entirely like the onslaught of gin-like herbs here since it's too much like Live Jazz or Himalaya: too cold to be completely appealing. I do catch an undercurrent of "perfumeyness", which I'm sure is from some terribly expensive ingredient, but I'm just not convinced that it has a place in an aquatic. I appreiciate how Erolfa splits the difference between the dark, stormy, salty aquatics and the tropical, sweet, fruity ones, but something just seems a bit unfriendly here. I think Tommy Bahama Very Cool fulfills this genre more effectively, though by the time Erolfa has lost its herbs in the base notes, the gap between them narrows quite a bit and they're very comparable.

silverlook1
silverlook1

Ok, now this has got to be my first "yuck" fragrance.
I really enjoy milissime imperial and aventus..and had high hopes for this one, especially with all the "Titanic" backstory that goes along with it. This is indeed a sea vibe fragrance. You can tell it's also a high quality fragrance BUT.. I get... wait for it.. a fecal note in it. A cat poo to be exact. Now I saw someone else here mention that it reminded him of pheromone smell - I am familiar with this smell and most people percieve it as sweat. This here is not sweat, its crap. I really do try to keep myself from writing crap (no pun intended) opinions on fragrances. Everybody is different. There is not ONE fragrance on earth that everyone will love.. Well to my absolute astonishment this is my first HATE fragrance.. get's me sick after a while. This is the first fragrance that I do not wish to smell again and when I give it another chance and take a whiff I ask myself "oh God why did I just do that to myself again??!!" Just.. NO. I'm sorry but - NO.

Seanery
Seanery

Wow.

So at first, I am getting hit with the Citrus, the Melon, and the Musk and it is pleasant but in a wierd way. It reminds me of stuff that has Pheromones in it to make people more attractive but it does a WAY better job of accenting the musk so it isn't gross-smelling.

I am also getting the Amber, Green, and Sandalwood scents but they are faint right now, probably because of the heavy musk.

I like that it has a slight sillage so that I can smell it on my wrists even when they are on my keyboard while I am typing.

This scent is great for young and old men alike. Power and prestige are contained in this fragrance while the Citrus notes and the flowers liven it up a bit.

PS: I TOTALLY disagree with anyone comparing it to an "Aquatic" Scent.

meuytato
meuytato

smell a little bit like ukaliptus on me.

rzetzm
rzetzm

Erolfa smells - dare I say - like a lot of aquatics out there. However, you can tell that this is a high-quality fragrance. Erolfa leaves your skin smelling sun-kissed, or perhaps a bit reminiscent of a beach. It's a very hot, summery smelling cologne to me.

It's got a sharp, citrusy kick that I just love, and I attribute that to the lime. I can smell the melon, too, but it's not overpoweringly fruity. It's the citrus burst that is most prominent.

I do find that it leaves a remnant of a very powerful, convincing scent on your skin. I don't know how else to describe it. Perhaps once the citrus and fruits calm down, you begin to inhale the slightly hidden amber and woods.

As many fragrantica posters have said previously, while many can knock this cologne, I have to agree that a great many would smell good wearing this and be quite fond. It's a very safe, well-executed men's scent. I do find it is more hot weather appropriate.

dj_renovatio
dj_renovatio

For those claiming this masterpiece smells "just like other aquatics" or "exactly like CK One", I would be glad to do a blind test and identify this vs. any other fragrance. Minimum wager of $1,000 of course.

fooluae
fooluae

smell rely good with melon well done with citrus with green flower

feel like shine forest

nothing out there smell like these

only issue its weak on long last and project i think i dont test it for real

Citrus, fruit, some greens & pepper wonderful stuff again from Creed highly wearable and very nice...these guys know what they're doing.
Not my favourite Creed but I fail to see how you couldn't like it.

O2

الثبات ٦/١٠
السعر ٥/١٠

marioslg3
marioslg3

tried it from a sample...smells like plastic blended with melon..the worst creed i tried

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

An undistinguished clean/bright/fresh fragrance. Not my thing at all.

FeistyBourbonGirl
FeistyBourbonGirl

I smell green, citrus, water. But it softens up after a while into something lovely. Summery and light. At first it's very strongly a men's fragrance but after some time it's much softer, opens up to wear I'm constantly sniffing my arm. Love it.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A strong blast of harsh citrus followed by a more gentle marine/ambergris accord. Stunningly evocative of summer and maritime frivolities. Not one of my favorites from the Creed line, but definitely has its place. (2)

Plucus21
Plucus21

If you want to smell like a clean pirate, get this fragrance. Ocean water, pepper, and citruses. Enough said.

Dailey
Dailey

Being that Beckham was a 17 year old kid that nobody had heard of when Erolfa launched, I think it's safe to say that it wasn't designed for him :-)

wchickillo
wchickillo

Erolfa is an "OK" fragrance from Creed in my opinion. Upon application you definitely get some nice citrus notes. After this however, all i got was some sandalwood, pine notes that weren't as interesting as the opening of this fragrance. I wanna say that its a nice, fresh fragrance, but after it dries down, i didnt really think it was that fresh. Its certainly got a somewhat aquatic delivering, but it just wasnt doing a whole lot for me. As an avid buyer and supporter of Creed fragrances, Erolfa is not what i was expecting from this brand. Its certainly not one of my favorite.

Dougczar
Dougczar

tessure hit it on the head -- Erolfa is almost all ozone and citrus. This is not a very strong or long lasting scent - despite fairly heavy application, I could still barely smell it on me after a very short period of time.

Overall, this scent is pleasant but not remarkable. There are just too many other summer options to even consider spending what Creed is asking for this one.

newerdeal
newerdeal

edit: posted the wrong review!

Very bright and fresh. Definitely gives that seaside smell but not a smell OF the sea. It smells like the gentleman who owns the yacht that comes down for holiday but not the captain that maintains the vessel and has lived his life in the sun and sea. I got a small couple of samples and so far so good.

rienzope
rienzope

Very nice with a a salty ambergris undertone which I love.

Light citrus scent, unisex, summery. Mostly ozone and citrus without base notes. It's nice and crisp but it is rather unremarkable.

girasolina
girasolina

terribly like millions of ozone! smell whatsoever.
Ok if it were a million noses Ck One to depend on him as a drug ... but for a house like Creed, absolutely not .....

jtd
jtd

I don't know the Creed line very well. I've been sampling them fairly randomly lately. Scorecard: Really like Irisia (bought it.) Had to try Love in White after having read Luca Turin's review. (More to follow.) Original Vetiver, Himalaya and now Erolfa. These three are all of a piece for me. They're quite similar in overall shape and could easliy have been three submissions to the same client brief requesting a fresh men's scent of the broad mid 90s - mid 2000s style. You know, easily recognizable as a fresh, fruity, 'ozonic' masculine (ie. generic) but with its own name and a narrative/description/fantasy that gives the appearance of comparative distinction (ie. mine's better than yours.) Here is the disjointed dance of the contempo-masculine. A blanket, clannish similarity balanced with the appearance (but not the fact) of distinctiveness.

So, Erolfa. Melony, buzzy. Aquatic and ozonic (two words that, so far as I can tell, have no intrinsic meaning in fragrance, but have gained descriptive value through repitition.) Not much different, therefore not much better or worse than many others of its time.

There. I've offended the Creed fans. Now, to Luca Turin. Erolfa could just as easily have been a response to the client brief that gave us Beyond Paradise for Men. They are remarkably similar, varying in exactly the contempo-masculine manner described above. To Creed's credit, Erolfa came only four years after its step-uncle Cool Water, but twelve before BP for Men.

angelomarcus
angelomarcus

I was on the fence with this Creed for awhile. I liked it but I didn't like it...on and off again relationship. After wearing for a couple of weeks I have decided it's a great scent. It's almost a little putting off at first...I guess it's that marine note that hits you in the face and you say, "people wear this to smell nice?!?!". But I kept coming back for more...and then the scent grows on you. It's kinda like the first time I tried beer or sushi...you don't like it at first but after awhile you aquire the test. The top notes are citrus that quickly fades into the marine middle notes that predominate. As the dry down continues I get a touch of vetiver and then woods. Through the whole dry down the oceanic notes predominate. It's a somewhat dirty scent. The scent will grow on you. You wont like it at first smell but after several wearings it keeps you coming back for more...

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

EROLFA is a love-it or hate-it perfume. You can either find scads of interesting material in its sandy subtlety, or find it to be nothing more than a bitter beach scent. I fall into the latter camp.

While I appreciate the well-rounded citrus top and craggy woodsy heart, I get little else from EROLFA. The vague suggestion of driftwood and brine doesn't move much after it arrives, and stays light and noncommittal, an expensive skinscent. I don't know what the original formulation smelled like, but I bet it was more complex than this.

Give it a try. With Creed you never know. But for me, this is just a beachy aquatic alternative with little keeping it.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

this cologne is really nice. I looked over it again and again but not so today. Special this one is. The only thing and it’s the clincher for me is that it does not stick around long enough…to me. Refined, fresh, but too subtle.

I think a few perfumes incentivates human kind stupidity. When you see someone endorsing a perfume with a "supported soccer team" attitude (usually males), everything gets so sad. I've seen scents compared to cars, and that's absolutely silly, I've seen people wearing a scent thinking they look more beautyful (IMO scents are related to personality and taste, to charisma and sensuality and not to appearance) and I've seen many other amenities that don't even worth to spend words about. I dont' agree with Luca Turin when he says Erolfa is cheap and vulgar as I actually like it, but I completely agree with him when he says you can wear certain types of perfumes only if you dream to buy a black Audi TT with your year-end bonus. And, sadly, Erolfa seems to be among them.

Thumbs up for Erolfa as it smells so good, thumbs down for the "soccer supporter / the richer the better / look what I've got" attitude.

sf2explus
sf2explus

anyone who like aqautic scents that hates it for smelling like a cleaner buy this. cos this is no aqua di gio for freshness. this is cooling fress a bit salty and smells like fresh air with a hint of sweetness that i deteect in GIT. it lasts about 4-6 hours minimum. and it also smells expensive very natraul smelling fresh scent. this is my second fav creed after green irish tweed.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

An excellent and very natural smelling aquatic. This has a tart tangerine note with a subdued coniferous presence with a strong but pleasant and surprisingly natural smelling ozone note.

The familiar millesime base of ambergris and sandalwood (and a hint of vanilla) is present but is less creamy and sweet in Erolfa than in say, GIT or Green Valley. There is also a distinct salty presence in the heart of this fragrance that is quite unique (Amouage Arcus has it to a lesser degree, as does Bulgari Aqua and TDC's Sel de Vetiver, but its rendition here more accurately captures the sea air, imo. However, if you are really interested in true 'sea air' scents I would recommend checking out Bulgari Aqua and also the excellent "Wicken 3000", Six Scents Series 1 No. 2. That scent is a very minimalist representation of water and sea air and captures the effect perfectly and without any additional adorning notes, unlike Erolfa which has a tart orange and dry wood presence throughout).

Longevity isn't the greatest but that's a good thing in this case because to achieve greater longevity they'd have to raise the amplitude of the fragrance as a whole and that would make it unbearable in the summer heat, where Erolfa shines brightest. Even so it will last a good 6 or more hours, and even longer in cooler weather. Erolfa is the smell of the ocean, but not just the ocean; it captures the effect of warm sunlight caressing exposed flesh, driftwood washed up onto a sandy shore, and the acidic tang left on fingers after peeling an orange, all while standing next to the aforementioned ocean.

Along with L'Artisan's Navegar (a limey, salty, cedary aquatic), Erolfa is one of my favorite summer scents.

Cheeva
Cheeva

Wow, this creed really had me on the fence for a long time. I can smell the citrus with bergamot top , but the mid notes comes off as what i can describe as sea weed smell coupled with sea salt. last stage is the usual ambergris, with a hint of sandalwood. projection and silage are very poor im afraid, at least on my skin. Bottom line, would I wear this ?.......yes! would I buy this?.................No Way! poor silage and longevity does not warrant The price Imo. Only if I got a sample, or as a gift would I wear this ,otherwise save your bucks.
29 October 2010

guest_Olfac
guest_Olfac

A wide chested marine fragrance. Starts off with lots of tangy citrus and salt...all good quality. The most impressive are the heart notes, which are loaded with herbs, florals and some spices. Deceptively simple, I say. Lands on the Creed ambergris base. One of the most complex marine fragrances on the market...those who say its just another aquatic/marine don't know what they are talking about.

Omega Man
Omega Man

A 1st generation fresh/ozonic scent. It smells awesome just like all the other Creeds I've tried. It smells so good that I actually feel a little uncomfortable wearing it. The first few hours it's very fresh and then it transforms into an ambery warm dry-down that lasts a very long time.

This beautiful fragrance is truly unique, the list of notes seems like entirely too much considering the light and ethereal nature of the scent. It is masterfully blended and extremely soft yet seems to maintain it's prescence throughout it's wearing...

This opens on a subdued blend of lime, lemon and bergamot with a slight fruity kiss of melon, greens and a hint of spice. The violet note is very subtle and elegant as it twines about the fresh greenery and clear citruses. The heart becomes a delightful melange of soft florals and warm, smooth and under-stated spices with a slight piney air. The drydown is woody in the way of sun bleached driftwood and has an air of marine-type amber and a soft mossy feel with a hint of clear musk. Delightful, airy and marine without being 'aquatic' or too watery, this reminds one of sea breezes, wooden boats and wisps of cargo from faraway lands...

Sillage: close
Longevity: fair to good
Overall: 4.25/5

Another great fragrance from Creed, blended perfectly with a very light hand from obviously natural components. Despite it's rather close sillage and ephemeral longevity(you think it's gone, but others can smell it clearly) it is truly wonderful and would make a stunning addition to any man's collection!

Creed EROLFA opens very aromatically and then develops to a slightly spicy, woody drydown. I would say that this is less of a chypre than a woody aromatic, since the nutmeg, pine, cedar, lemon and lime, ginger, and caraway are all pretty noticeable, while the oakmoss is not.

EROLFA is a fine, refreshing fragrance which would be a safe choice for any man, as the drydown--even with the nutmeg--is subtle and stays close to the skin. Women who like Clarins EAU DYNAMISANTE will find here a less intense presentation of some of the same aromatic notes.

This Creed creation does seem more masculine than some of the others marketed as "universal," in part because EROLFA features a classic set of aromatic components typically found in colognes. This more concentrated fragrance has excellent staying power.

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

Wow. This is realy nice! Smells like a salty sea-breeze. Totaly unique!
But i think it has been reformulated a bit after the new bottle design came. The new has fresher top-notes, with a bit more citrus. The "old" is more salty, and "dirty", and has great sillage and longevity. The basenotes are the same. I would highly recommend this unique scent from Creed.
-The smell reminds me of a wooden quay by the seashore, with dried up sea-salt on it, and a pleasant warm foehn passing by.. Ahh, how delicious this scent is!

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Please, NEVER buy any Creed over eBay...PLEASE DO NOT! Mostly all fakes over there! Try REAL online shop or the official shop. Thanks!

andrew85
andrew85

I would imagine a young, rich, high society boy in Saint Tropez wearing this scent, with white shirt, white pants in a yatch... Love, love the smell...

BrokenSwordii
BrokenSwordii

This is one of my oldest scents, you can smell the melon from the top note, is very fruity, long lasting, especially for summer, however, you get tired of it, the smell become very boring over time.

fitzmar1994
fitzmar1994

I purchased this maybe three weeks ago. I spray it on and cannot smell anything. Dissapointment was my only friend with this purchase. I cannot in honestly recommend to anyone. My disspointment was total and would not like others to feel the same way.

shamus1
shamus1

Creed markets Erolfa as being a fragrance that brings to mind the ocean. I have to say that it suceeds. Although it doesn't actually smell like the ocean, it has a nice transparent, almost breezy air to it that brings to mind walking along a beach or being out in a sailboat in the open sea. I does have a very chemical smell to it, however, with its very heavy use of woody amber, but it doesn't make Erolfa any less appealing (again, contradicting Creed's claims that they hardly use any synthetics in there perfumes). The woody amber, overused in so many stupid "Sport" fragrances, her actually adds to the ocean feel to Erolfa. Beneath that, there's a subtle scent of grapefruit or some other citrus. Although it's initial chemical blast can be a bit disarming, Erolfa really mellows out quite nicely and is a very pleasant and subtle scent to wear all day. I'd recommend Erolfa without hesitation.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

I purchased this as a Christmas present for my stepfather. Oddly, he can't smell it on himself at all (rather disappointing!), but whenever we are in the same room I get waves of a lightly spiced oceanic breeze.

I sneakily tried this on my own skin and found the lime & nutmeg were by far the most predominant notes at first, before drifting away into nothingness - on him it's a far more complex fragrance that, reminding me of warm sands & faraway places. Sometimes, it scents the whole car or room he is in.

How odd this one is: on one's own skin it fades almost immediately; seemingly subsumed forever, yet fleetingly overwhelming for those around you, or other times detectable by nobody. A whispy ghost of a fragrance, then, that only appears when it wants to, never on demand!

Erolfa by Creed 3.93 out of 5 based on 376 ratings and 74 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Erolfa fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Creed Erolfa, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Erolfa by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Erolfa by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.