Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Fantasia de Fleurs Creed for women

Fantasia de Fleurs Creed for women
dislike

Fantasia de Fleurs Creed for women Pictures

Fantasia de Fleurs is a lush and lively floral bouquet created for the Empress Elisabeth of Austria-Hungary, who was known as much for her beauty and style as for her royal position. Fantasia de Fleurs was rumored to have been used for perfuming the Empress's nearly floor-length hair.

This heady floral fragrance includes bergamot in the top, Bulgarian rose and Florentine iris in the heart, on a base of ambergris infusion. Fantasia de Fleurs was launched in 1862. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Third Generation.

Bergamot

Bulgarian Rose iris

Ambergris

Fantasia de Fleurs Fragrance Reviews

Rachelyn
Rachelyn

How amazing to think this was formulated over 150 years ago - I can hardly believe it. It's an outstanding example of the perfumiers' art for its time, and in fact it's still a masterpiece now.

I received a sample of this at the same time as one of Fleurissimo, and was initially so blown away by Fleurissimo, I just put FdF off to one side. But having come down from my Fleurissimo cloud (to the rather sad realisation that on me it has so little staying power there is no way I can justify investing in a bottle), I went back to the vial of FdF again ... only to find myself wrist-to-nose, blissfully inhaling deeply, over and over again for hours afterwards.

On me it starts out intensely sweet and heady, but within a few minutes the citrussy bergamot cuts through the sweetness, and that is when the fragrance really begins to sparkle; it morphs into a happy, cheeky floriforous citrus-rose that answers perfectly the description of a "lush and lively floral bouquet."

I actually wouldn't mind if it stayed that way forever, but it doesn't; within the hour, the citrus has mellowed out and the perfectly blended rose and orris have taken centre stage. This is the heart of the fragrance, a divinely sweet warm powdery rose that lasts and lasts, and carries me away on a heavenly rosy cloud ...

In fact, it's so lovely, I've now ordered the 75ml; I do believe I've found my forever signature fragrance. And when that happens, isn't it the most wonderful feeling!

Lana148
Lana148

Old fashioned, strong, full bodied mix floral. You really have to be into older perfumes to appreciate this.

EliaTatuirovka
EliaTatuirovka

One of my favorites! I use this perfume many days when I go to work and people love it!!! I get so many compliments every time I use it.
(I am a Tattoo artist so I am very close to people most of the day)..

This perfume has a very Elegant and Sophisticated scent. Very Chic and Sexy and most important thing for me is that every time I use it it lifts up my spirit and my mood and makes me feel like a million $$$.

*and by the way: Compare to other Nasty cheap 'floral' scents.. -This Perfume is the REAL Deal. Nothing artificial. You feel like they used 100% pure ingredients to create this Amazing Scent. -10 Thumbs up!!!

Cams

I wore this fragrance last week and everyone asked me what the beautiful scent was! This fragrance has never been a favourite but it's made of quality ingredients and smells wonderfully floral; don't over spray and if its suits your chemistry the compliments are guaranteed

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Beautiful vintage floral which belts out a powerful blast of rose and iris but then settles into a delicate, attractive, powdery and elegant floral fragrance, which is refined and exceedingly classy, befitting a lady of title.
This fragrance is the epitome of class, my lady wears a white lacy dress with floaty petticoats and her beautiful hair cascades down her back. She carries a white parasol to shade her delicate skin from the rays of the sun and that very morning her 'ladies maid' handed her the beautiful cut glass flacon which contained her perfume, Fantasia.
She dabbed it behind her ears and on her wrists as ladies invariably do and now as she walks demurely besides her fiancée, in the grounds of her beautiful stately home, amongst the rose bushes and flower gardens, she treats his olfactory senses to tantalising wafts of a delicate powdery scent which he smells as a gentle breeze wafts her fragrance gently towards him and as she leans slightly forward to tell him something.
He will remember this moment, in the heat of that afternoon sun , in the gardens and her perfume will linger in his memory forever.

christianne1
christianne1

Another fragrance that I too quickly tried to dismiss initially due to the "perfumey" opening. But with a tiny bit of patience, Fantasia de Fleurs turns into a subtle, floral beauty.

FdF starts out with a rather old school, or some may say "old world" opening. This was a bit of a turn off for me at first, I felt like it would never suit my style. Too stuffy and painfully floral. But there was still something in there drawing me in. So, I decided to try it again, and this time not even attempt to sniff it for at least 20 minutes to see if I felt differently. I sprayed it on then went about my business pretending it wasn't there.

About a half hour later I smelled my hand and found the most beautiful and very nostalgic gentle floral that reminds me ever so slightly of my mother's favorite when I was growing up, the rarely discussed and almost forgotten "Most Precious" by Evyan. FdF isn't stuffy, it is rather delicate, nothing like the powerful blast that it begins with. The slightly animalic base keeps it interesting and inviting. while remaining ladylike.

FdF can be worn much more casually than I originally anticipated. While it would work perfectly (and probably best) in a more formal or elegant setting, it still has a free spirit vibe to it. I expected Fantasia de Fleurs to be a bit stuffy when I first sprayed it but it really isn't. It is actually pretty tame and even a bit demure. And quite beautiful. I am so glad I gave it another chance.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Absolutely stunning! I do believe I've experienced Iris in a new & lovely form-finally! After oodles, of powder clouded, headache inducing fluffs, here, friends we have Iris of a different nature. Sweet, close to natural. This is very close to the actual smell that emanates from the delicate fleshy folds of Iris itself, to the point where I can picture in front of my face the actual silken petals, fringe like fronds, & graceful arcs of an old fashioned Iris. Fragrance full, in hot sun. The rose is barely here, she doesn't preside over this composition, it feels as if some sort of fruit should be present, but there is only tart bergamot, & a lovely floral sweetness instead. As the fragrance winds down, ambergris becomes more apparent, as a contributor to the ghostly "sweet factor" as butter, to buttercream frosting. Please note, there is no actual buttercream frosting here, & no sugarless, just an impression of sweetness, like that of Black Locust blossoms actually. If you're familiar with that semi-fruity sweet floral aroma, this would be a good comparison. I really love the rich, iris-ambergris drydown, & I think the splash of Bergamot lends brightness. A very lovely spring & summer scent, with a surprisingly rich & heady center. I don't get any powderyness here, just a little floral brightness that's definitely too elegant to let the kids borrow!

zsazsa
zsazsa

I have (blind)bought this perfume a while ago, but only now started to test it. All this time I was enfatuated with my Guerlains, but I have noticed as of late that I have allergic/immunological issues with my Guerlains, not good :(. So now I am testing FdF, and my first observation is that I get no allergic reaction (no headache, sneezing, stuffy nose, skinrashes, etc...) with this perfume. Neither do I get an allergic reaction with Creed's FdB and JIE. So maybe there is something special and pure with the Creed perfumes that justify their high prices. So far I really like FdF. This is a floral-oriental to me. The base is warm and sweet, just the way I like my perfumes. I also get rose and iris, I don't get any sour notes. FdF is not as big as the '80's floral-orientals though, I find it more demure and elegant. I will wear this often from now on. No regrets for this blind buy!

JasmineLilac
JasmineLilac

I just tried this from a sample vial that I bought. To me, it starts off sort of light, sour-flower (reminds me of YSL's Paris, which I don't really like).

Soon after, Fantasia morphs into a sweet floral, which I like better. I don't dislike it, but I don't love it--not yet sure that I'll be buying it, but it's not bad at all.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Cavity inducing sweetness. This is an unfortunate situation where the perfume being cheaper would make it more likable. What? The sillage and endurance of this stuff is impressive. I, at least, don't want it to hang around. It begins with a punch in the nose of bergamot and jasmine. The rose appears almost immediately which gives the powerful sensation of being buried alive in orange blossoms. It finally settles into a syrupy amber with the floral notes still very much there. Obviously expensive ingredients and care went into making it but it's old fashioned in a bad way. As a big fan of Elisabeth I just don't believe this was her style.
Sillage: they'll smell it in New Jersey
Duration: 8-10 hours
Fabulosity: Bit O' Honey
Value to Price Ratio: Awful

Cams

If you do not love rich, vibrant floral fragrances stay away from this one! I adore it and I don't wear it as much as I should. Random people stop me and ask me what I'm wearing long after I don't smell it anymore. I have heard good and bad things about this one and had to try it for myself. It is worth wearing - quality ingredients in a bottle. It's pricey in department stores but you can save up to $40 if you purchase online discount. Try it!!

olga1780
olga1780

I got it blindly for 2 reasons: the name and too great of a deal to let it go ( really $25 for a large bottle, are you kidding me?)To my nose it's more green than floral. As one of the reviewers noticed it does remind me of Cabotine in the beginning but it is much smoother and more elegant.
Not a wrist sniffer and i am not going crazy over it but the overall effect is very pleasant. Similar personality to Y YSL.
Edit: after a few hours it really won me over...amasing sillage and longevity!

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is a rich floral bouquet with Bulgarian rose. Very feminine and elegant. The ambergris base is sensual. Roses and orris are beautifully blended.

This is a opulent scent which stays close to the skin.

I absolutely like it.
This fragrance reminds me a little of Fleurissimo.

nosebiz
nosebiz

Can be a very sweet, I mix it with Indiana...yum

Rose, rose, and more rose. I love roses, and I can see how an Empress would have enjoyed this one. Something about it certainly reminds me of an enormous castle surrounded by rose gardens. It's not just any rose fragrance--there is a spiciness in it that is so fitting for a queen. It's a bold, strong, confident, and very regal scent.

Regarding the references to Cabotine, I can kind of see why one might compare the two. I really can't stand Cabotine, but I like Fantasia de Fleurs, especially in its projection. Fantasia smells like Bulgarian roses. Cabotine smells like grass and weeds. Fantasia is cleaner and far more refined. It's missing the harsh notes that I can't stand in Cabotine.

guest_perfumefreak
guest_perfumefreak

I find Fantasie de fleurs pleasant, sweet and classy. I love the strong opening and i was hoping it would last a bit longer. FdF smoothts down and has soft and warm heart. I was disappointed it didn't hold as long as hoped it would; i tested, it held up my dogwalking trip for an hour,then fading almost unnoticeable. Perhaps it's my flu what makes smelling a bit hard. But anyway, this is very ladylike-scent. I like it. Maybe even love it. Thumbs up.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

You are so generous and kind Sherapop for giving me the chance to test a range of samples from the house of Creed....Fantasia De Fleurs is a magnificent iris-rose perfume for the brave ones,it has a dominant character that doesn't get through without being noticed.I am sure that I can also smell tuberose and suede on the background.Very classy!

mandi
mandi

My former headmistress (High School) is a great mentor of mine, a truly classy lady who demanded respect without ever raising her voice. I've always admired her and aspired to be that elegant and stately but somehow seem to fall woefully short.

Fantasia reminds me of her, a beautiful complex fragrance which is quiet, astute and calm.

I just can't pull it off but I certainly understand it's charm.

Creed FANTASIA DE FLEURS is not a three-note or four-note frag, for starters. The ueberfloral opening features, among others, neroli and jasmine. Would that this were an amber/rose/iris perfume! Instead, what I find in this reformulation is a close cousin to CABOTINE and related venus flytrap florals: Very sharp, very loud, sure to induce headaches in some, impossible to deny the presence of even a small dab.

For those who like CABOTINE, FLEUR DE ROCAILLE (1993), FIORI DI CAPRI, et al., I can recommend, in principle, FANTASIA DE FLEURS. However, in practice, you'll save a bundle by heading to TJMaxx and snapping up a gallon of CABOTINE for the price of a small bottle of this Creed perfume. I do not mean to suggest that the two are identical, but everything is similar to everything else to some degree, and FANTASIA DE FLEURS comes closer to CABOTINE than does any other fragrance that I have ever encountered. In fact, while wearing FdF, I kept thinking about CABOTINE: why I have so much of it, why despite my desire to like it, I really do not...

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

i find it to be very feminine, flowery fragrance)rose and iris a very well blended, i don't find it heavy at all.
it's by no means outdated or "grandma" scent (at least in my opinion), it's rather classic, soft... i like it)

trueblue19
trueblue19

Am I the only one who finds it similar to Cabotine at the beginning?Yet it's not as cool or sharp or long-lasting but sweeter and fuller bodied than Cabotine after a while. If Cabotine were to be a 'green scent', this one is kind of golden mixed with shimmering pink. It could be quite strong at first but soon as the ambergris and rose come along it becomes soft and sweet. Well-balanced. Very elegant and feminine. Comparing to other 'old' Creed scent such as Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie, Fantasia de Fleurs smells least out of date. Wearable for any age group. I simply adore this classic.

dianafrances
dianafrances

just recently bought it and have been wearing it everyday. i love the history behind this perfume, and even though it is old, it does not smell offensive in any way. some might think it's for older women, but i am 20 yrs old and really enjoy the fresh cloud of flowers resting on an ambergris and sandalwood base. theres also a hint of spiciness that i absolutely love.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

A strange reason to buy this was my daughter's love of history . She saw who it had been made for and told me so much about her I bought a bottle for her as a gift. At first it was a little heavy for me then the ambergris came through . I find this substance fascinating. Great that the other review is by Henriette because I am constantly trying to get someone to formulate a perfume for Queen Henrietta Maria's memory. Creed were not around in her time , no perfume house was that I know of but she was very interested in perfumery amongst many things. David Prybus ( when approached ) was very polite but explained that with the market as it is he needs a name that would sell the scent. It's time England paid a scented tribute to a very brave woman . That's one of the fascinations of Creed they use things like ambergris. Somewhere I read that a bottle of Henrietta's perfume exists and still smells because of the ambergris. Those not from the U.K she was our Queen from 1625-1649 ( her husband the King was beheaded ). She was Queen Mother after the Restoration , I forget the year she died .

Henriette
Henriette

This is special, truly special. Like a diamond you can feel one or the other note depending on how you move around, even breathe. I have never experienced a multi-faceted scent like this before. Perfect for autumn days and when being chic is in command.

Fantasia de Fleurs by Creed 4.09 out of 5 based on 110 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Fantasia de Fleurs fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Fantasia de Fleurs, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fantasia de Fleurs by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fantasia de Fleurs by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.