Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Fleur de The Rose Bulgare Creed for women

Fleur de The Rose Bulgare Creed for women
dislike

Fleur de The Rose Bulgare Creed for women Pictures

Fleur de The Rose Bulgare was made for the wife of an historically famous U.S. President, who first encountered Creed while she was on her honeymoon in Europe. When she returned, she wrote to Creed with a request for a fragrance featuring the Bulgarian tea roses she had enjoyed on her travels.

The composition opens with bergamot and citrus notes. The heart is composed of Chinese green tea and Bulgarian rose, while the base consists of ambergris. Fleur de The Rose Bulgare was launched in 1890. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Third Generation.

Bergamot Citruses

Green Tea Bulgarian Rose

Ambergris

Tea Rose
Fleurs de Bulgarie

Fleur de The Rose Bulgare Fragrance Reviews

Mango Plantation
Mango Plantation

Not a review, but just wanted to say - the reasoning behind some houses putting out such large flagons is that in some countries, it has become quite the norm for people to go in together and purchase and then divide it. It's not that the house expects one to race thru an 8oz bottle before it turns. So if you do the math, bring in some friends, it actually can work rather decently.

antfarm
antfarm

This is one of those perfumes you have to sample more than once.

The first time I tried it, I just dabbed a dot on my wrist. It smelled of vinegar and beautiful roses, like someone dyeing Easter eggs next to a lovely bouquet, or like sweaty feet soaking in rose water.

Today I am wearing it on both wrists. It doesn't have much throw on my dry skin, but it is fairly persistent. It still has a sour twinge, but this time the sourness is kind of fun for my nose because I was expecting it. Now I feel excited by it, rather than shocked. And of course, the leading lady in this one is the stemmy floral-shop rose.

My final impression: I find this perfume has a comforting and cooling effect even though it's sour. It reminds me of how it smells at an outdoor yard sale in spring, with vintage clothes hanging in the breeze and rose bushes in the front yard.

appleberry37
appleberry37

want to buy it...but
only sold in 250ml version....so stupid...I mean who buys perfume of $250ml???... I don't like using same perfume- need to have at least 2,3-10 different perfumes. And I don't wear it all the time..

250ml will last more than ten years for me, in which the perfume will expire anyways.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

POWERHOUSE ROSE baby! Breathtaking on clothes, on skin, in your hair, on your silk scarves. It projects and lasts without ever being offensive. Step into a car full of women heading off to "Ladies night," and everyone wants to know what you're wearing. Just absolutely breathtaking, true, and real.

The woman who wears FLEUR DE THE ROSE BULGARE is all woman, powerful and always authentic, real and honest, with wisdom and wit, but with a soft underside and kind heart. She tells it like it is, managing somehow not to offend anyone. She's someone you want on your team for life.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

This is in your face natural rose upon first spray. Then it takes a flip to lime or citrus, whatever. It is nice, but I am finding my body chemistry just does not like ANY Creed. This is nice, but not worth the price, in my mind, well at least for my chemistry, which in the interim is good because of the cost. My skin just eats up Creed like I'm a PAC WOMAN. Basically this is rose, with citrus and then rose, with no sillage and lays quite close to the skin. That is my experience anyways. Better to get some rose water and mix with some lime juice. Oh, my skin knows I'm not rich. Try before you buy.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

This is a very gentle, feminine rose. It's a little lighter than I would expect, and doesn't have much staying power, the same issue I noticed with Fleurs de Bulgarie. Gorgeous, but not long wearing enough to justify the price.

dkraus
dkraus

My favorite perfume I have ever worn! A beautiful true rose scent that lingers and mystifies. I have had more people comment on this scent than any other perfume I have ever worn. My signature scent and not found another that can even compare.

adriana.rizzati
adriana.rizzati

The base note is ambergris, not yellow amber.

Tovah
Tovah

Considering this was formulated in 1859, it's outstanding. Vintage perfumes are rarely known for their lightness and delicacy, but Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare is a refreshing delight. The fragrance feels unisex to me - it's tea rose, obviously, but it's not heavily floral or sweetly pretty. This is a pure, mild, green-rose scent that makes me feel like it would be a nice rosewater splash. For nearly $400.00 a bottle I'd be crazy to do anything but lightly dab this, if I owned it, but I just don't see myself needing an 8.4 oz. bottle, ever. As a rose lover and gardener, I admire and appreciate this fragrance, especially since, like my most prized roses, it has a delightful history. I've read that it was created for a woman who became first lady,(Mrs. Edith Carow Roosevelt, I assume),and smelling this fragrance gives me more insight into her wisdom, insight, and enduring strength than any biography ever could. This fragrance is pristine, dignified, and honest, and it's impossible not to be stunned by how clear and real it smells. If you love roses, do not miss out on sniffing this work of art.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I recently came into a sample of this and have now worn it off and on for over a year. Every time I spray it I think, 'This has got to be the best floral green EVER!'

I absolutely love this vibrant, sharp rose. It comes out of the bottle like a greyhound let loose from the gate, and keeps on its toes for the entire day. Tea is a note that works well on me, and earl grey is a breakfast favorite. So understandingly, throw bergamot and rose in the mix and you've got yourself a tri-fecta.

Mmm... this is getting some serious buying attention

allegro_barbaro
allegro_barbaro

I am a huge rose fan in all it's nuances, from thick honey sweet rose attar to the thrillingly alive scent of a climbing specimen in full bloom. This perfume leans most definitely towards the latter. Rather than being a clearly identifiable note, the citrus acts to enhance the freshness of the rose and lend some background sweetness. Don't be fooled by this seeminly delicate perfume, it's sillage and longevity are wonderful and worn lightly will enhance any Spring or Summer persuit.

RoseLover
RoseLover

Roses in Fleur de The Rose Bulgare never get sour, never turn to a smell of dried flowers like ordinary rose fragrances.
I feel a little bit peachy fruity smell.

This is my son's favourite.
When I ask him to select a fragrance for a day, he picks Fleur de The Rose Bulgare almost every time.
Fleur de The Rose Bulgare is mom's scent for my son, happiness in a bottle for me.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This perfume can be defined with two words: Sour Rose.

The strange thing about the fragrance is that Creed used green tea notes in conjunction with Bulgarian rose, instead of just using the pure essence of a tea rose. I guess they wanted to imbue the scent with an earthy green flavor, but I think they went a little overboard, and oddly enough the tea note gets a bit strong. As the scent dries down, the tea becomes increasingly mineralic and bitter, which in some ways levels this scent for men, and in others just makes it a little unpleasant to wear.

Worth a try, but it's discontinued now and I don't see why one would bother tracking this down when you can get a better effect with the infinitely cheaper Red Roses by Jo Malone.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Very Good GARDEN ROSE replica but..

It's a straight, uncomplicated rose scent, very linear..

I feel dissapointed, I was expecting something more complex and extraordinary.

I much prefer Nahema or Parfum Sacre.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

Breathtaking beauty; there's something so pure and quiet about this rose. It feels gently complex and self-reflective, without any added melancholy. It's like a walk alone in rose garden on a gray, rainy day. You hear the quiet trickle of water as it runs down stone walls and drainpipes; you smell soft, fresh green leaves and the fresh, wet rose petals of creamy pink roses over a hint of mineral (crushed stone edging) and damp wood chips; you smell a slightly velvety, cotton-linen humidity rising from dampened clothes. It's like rosewater as you'd like it to be; something that captures the fresh crispness of rose petals in time-lapse, without the lingering dusky-soapiness (something that's a very delightful quality in its own right, but somehow not suitable for this blend) so often found in rosewater blends. For true rose lovers--those in search of that elusive, Rose soliflore of perfection--this is Rose at its purest; this is like an atomic capture of a moment in time, when you're nose is nestled into the heart of a soaked-wet, fresh pink rose. Absolute beauty. And for true rose fragrance lovers, worth every penny of the asking price--and then some.

beautiful soft subtle yet pervasive and ultra-feminine scent of the truest rose, like putting your face in a bunch of fresh cut roses.
It's not a bold rose fragrance but it's very present and long-lasting.
I laughed at sherapop's review becuase she somehow she hit the point! I love both Fleurs de Bulgarie and this one, but it's true I can easily see FdB on Victoria Imperatrix, the woman that doesn't need to ask because she rules the world in her own power and she surely doesn't need to be apologetic about the perfume she wears. Nobody even will complain or think it as out of place!
FdTRB is more of an enchanting lovely elegant self-conscious and role-conscious First Lady who doesn't need to shadow her President, still smells absolutely divine and true to feminine nature.
FdTRB lingers on clothes. If you spray it anew on already sprayed clothes from the day before you'll have an ongoing delicious rose evolution, straightforward but never flat, rich in subtle naunces. The dry down is gorgeous and well blended with the rest of composition. I rarely smell anything so harmonius in modern scents.

If you like your roses straight up, with nary an adulterant, then Creed FLEUR DE THE ROSE may be for you. This is a true tea rose scent of the highest quality. I prefer the more complex FLEURS DE BULGARIE, which has a beautiful soapy drydown. I guess this means that I'd rather be a queen than the wife of a U.S. president. Well, yes, on reflection, I suppose that's true...

Although both of these Creed rose creations are all roses all the time, FLEUR DE THE ROSE is a linear presentation of all and only roses all the time--the other notes do not break through the pure rose essence, at least not for my nose.

I recommend this fragrance for all and only bona fide rose fanatics who would rather be the wife of a U.S. president than a queen.

Fleur de The Rose Bulgare by Creed 4.10 out of 5 based on 72 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleur de The Rose Bulgare by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleur de The Rose Bulgare by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.