Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Fleurs de Bulgarie Creed for women

Fleurs de Bulgarie Creed for women
dislike

Fleurs de Bulgarie Creed for women Pictures

Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie was originally created in 1845 for Queen Victoria, under whose reign Creed served as an official supplier to the royal court. This fragrance celebrates the finest roses in the world and exemplifies timeless beauty.

The composition is built around wonderful Bulgarian roses in the heart. The additional notes are bergamot in the top and ambergris infusion and musk in the base. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Third Generation.

Bergamot

Bulgarian Rose

Musk Ambergris

Fleur de The Rose Bulgare
Deep Roses

Fleurs de Bulgarie Fragrance Reviews

michali
michali

I am haunted by this magical
elegant Rosy dry down
and would love a bottle of this,
but can I have it with out the wild,loud,strange opening?

Yes -I want it

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

Dark red roses, rain, soil and night.

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Impresive fresh lemon roses softened with amber. Fleurs de Bulgarie is something special. Reading all reviews below someone could think that FdB is a sinthetic and boring smell, but I would say the thing is completely opposite. It's fantastic, spirit-uplifting, very well balanced perfume. It's something special, very "loud" but not havy. It smells "important", "elegant" and "very sophisticated feminine".
If you expected something sweet and cute rosy in this bottle, you were wrong. Due to havy sillage, you might find it agressive at the beggining, but later on when it settles down you should adore extremely well balanced elegance of Fleurs de Bulgarie.
I love this perfume, I keep it for a special occasions and for a special mood when I feel very confident. The longevity is unbelievable.

meugie
meugie

It is a beautiful and mature perfume. But it didn't beat my favorites roses which are, for now, the Annick Goutal’s Rose Esplendid and Rose Absolue.
This is more powdery and soapy than my favourites.
I think I'm going to make a quirky comparison, but I can't avoid it: Yardley’s English Rose. Although the Lutens is much more refined, here it is the same musky rose of it’s poor cousin. That's not a bad thing, because I like the English Rose very much.
However, unlike Yardley, Fleus de bulgarie has long-lasting and a big projection. Few drops and you are ready
Also notice that the Lutens is less acid, which, I believe, is due to quality of the roses.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

To me this is definitely a soapy rose..! It opens up as this sophisticated royal rose but then mellows down to a clean soapy note! Its like when you meet this very elegant and sophisticated lady for the first time and later on find out that she is not what she seems. You discover that she is a very simple clean straightforward approachable person. Thats what Fleurs de Bulgari is.
Its not a bad scent at all, it's just a very personal choice when it comes to this perfume. I feel it's a good option for those who seek a clean, just showered soapy scent.

stormyla
stormyla

The best description that I can give to this fragrance is bizarre. Based upon the reviews here I purchased a bottle of this and expected a lovely rose fragrance.
I have other Bulgarian Rose fragrances that are mixed with Bergamot, including my signature scent.

Maybe this is too heavily weighted with Musk and Ambergris, but I can't imagine how any woman finds this fragrance pleasing. I can't believe that any woman would want to smell like this. I lasted 2 hours and had to scrub this one off, which took numerous washings.

Fragrance is certainly a subjective arena.

lupereira
lupereira

I fell in love! Delicate perfume for young princess. I feel like I'm in a fairy tale.

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: *

Pros: powerful projection
Cons: synthetic, cloying, and harsh

I'm searching for a wearable masculine rose, and my research suggested that Creed's Fleurs de Bulgarie would at least be worth a sample. I imagined it would be a crisp, light, air-puffed rose with underlying hints of green wood.

Instead, I found it to be harshly synthetic, similar to pine-sol or melting plastic. The rose note is there, and it is certainly powerful, but it is competing against something sharp and rather nauseating. Over-ripe gardenia, perhaps?

As with Tom Ford's Black Orchid, I couldn't get this off my skin fast enough. When a water and soap scrub in the men's room didn't work, I resorted to coffee. That only managed to make it angry, as the rose cleaning chemical smell fought through the French roast.

While Creed advertises this as a unisex fragrance, I'm hard pressed to imagine what sort of man would want to wear it. Not recommended.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

so beautiful!...for a little while. On my skin, it doesn't last very well at all. Deeply disappointing. Glad I realized it before paying what Creed wants for their fragrances.

trueblue19
trueblue19

It IS a vintage smell but it's totally wearable. It's classic but not in a 'your grandma's powder puff' way; floral but not in a roadside flower shop way (it's more like a flower bouquet in a fine Victorian vase); clean but not in a soapy way; seductive but not in a flirty way; powerful but not in a overwhelming way.

Fleurs de Bulgarie is not a sweet and shy housewife. It is a confident career woman who takes control of both her work and personal life, a true lady. My mom is a professor in physics who spends more time with numbers more than family but whenever she wears this, I feel she is a real woman in every way. On her it lasts all day but on me only about 5 hours. The sillage is pretty good though.

Zobeide
Zobeide

Ambergris should really be listed in the notes here, because it is a very noticeable aspect of this imperial fragrance, giving it a pleasant, pervasive soapiness and underpinning the grandeur of it's style. Too grand for me - at least until many hours after application. The ambergris was still strong on the sleeve of my cardigan a week later!

Fatima217
Fatima217

Love it!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

At first it’s a bright, citrusy rose that quickly takes on some oily and soapy notes, then dries down to a soapy, slightly musky basic rose scent that stays pretty much linear. It’s strongly floral, but pleasant. Sillage is strong to moderate, and it lasts at least 10-12 hours on skin.

I’m not big on soliflore perfumes, so this doesn’t have a lot of appeal to me, but I feel more neutral about it than anything else. Nice enough, well made, but not really my style.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

Totally agree with what melia said. It smells good, it doesn't smell cheap...but for it's price it as a touch of bathroom gel or salts or whatever that..meh...nice but not the excellence i am looking for in a 75ml bottle that retails for 170€...creed...a bit more effort please!

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

Finally a perfume from Creed that impresses me in a very positive way. Actually I tested it by mistake, because I was planing to try Fleurissimo.
It was like a revelation! This perfume has the quality to inspire love. Smells like pure natural red roses only in the top notes, once it dries down, the ambergris and the musk predominate and animate beautiful the combination.
It`s a vintage smell, that could be easily worn with grace by someone who wants to be different and feel very feminine.

melia
melia

To make things clear: to me creed fleurs de bulgarie definitely does not smell like cheap soap. How éver could it be with such high quality ingrediënts Creed uses? It doés have this bathroom touch though, but more like really expensive bath salt an aristocrat would poor in his or hers vintage bathtub with golden craines placed on a marmor floor. It's a rose perfume, but blended in a way it's a scent on it's own. So don't expect too much of a 'true rose'. Do I appreciate it? Yes. Do I want to wear it? No, due too the bathsalt idea.

rednose
rednose

What Sassy1 said. I don't think I get this scent at all or if it works well with my nose. To me it smells like cheap soap and rubbing alcohol.

zsazsa
zsazsa

Heavenly, perfect, feminine, long-lasting. The only floral perfume that my dry skin doesn't swallow into oblivion. Citrusy-rose with a warm ambery-musk dry-down.Very light, clean and pleasant. Right now my favorite daytime perfume. Devoid of any harsh and synthetic-smelling notes. My three dogs don't start to sneeze and run away when I go to greet them:)

eid-althani
eid-althani

am in luv with classic creed perfumes i was looking 2 soft floral perfumes and i saw creed fleurs du bulgarie and i was like oh am going 2 give it a try and when i smeeled it the first word that said is am going 2 add it 2 my coliction its realy one of the best creed perfum if u want 2 go deeper 2 this house try vanisa anglic ecance wich sadly discoutenud and bois de bourtegal and there is new perfume from creed called royal oud and its one of the best oud scents i ever smelled an oh there is another creed perfume that i luv and its tuberose indiana

Louw
Louw

Gorgeous rosy fragrance with a subtle musk finish. Very feminine and romantic. However, it's not nice enough to justify the high price, in my opinion.

Adiro
Adiro

It's strange and powerful and outworldly.... like you've been poisoned by a thousand roses that draw blood from you with their thorns, and you escaped undigested from the guts of a whale.... you're lying on a remote shore, the frozen water still caress your mangled body, you feel the rose poison and the ambergris with every sense that you have, and while the Sun is slowly warming you up you're wondering how come that you're still alive....

A unique experience, like an accident of giant proportions... if it doesn't kill you , it makes you stronger!

An almost masochistic beauty, an assault to the senses

I bought this unsniffed, and while I cannot love it, I enjoy poisoning myself with this stuff sometimes....
it is simply roses and ambergris, but in such concentration to remain forever remembered. Other's opinions may differ, but I lived to tell you mine!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I love roses and this is a truly beautiful representation. I did not find it especially retro or soapy, although it is certainly not modern a la Stella. I actually found that it developed with a little sparkle on my skin.

It does open with a brief and scary acetone aroma but this passes and Fleurs becomes so soft, pretty, pink and dare I say, a little tangy, from the bergamot (unlisted).

Fleurs holds up really well over its lifespan. While a lot of rose fragrances I have sampled tend to sour (a huge problem with wearing rose soliflores IMO), she seems to 'dehydrate' into the scent of real dried rose petals.

I would definately consider purchasing if I had not *just* brought a full bottle of Ce Soir ou Jamais which is my go-to for those rosy days.

Cereza
Cereza

The queen rose. Loved and hated by so many. Have you ever heard that you should not put Rose in vase with other flowers, because the rose would suck out all of the live from other flowers? The same thing is with this scent. All my sample drawer smelled like Fleurs de Bulgarie even before I opened the sample vial.
It starts with old school Bulgarian rose which I hate as I stated in many reviews already. But then it settles to a sparkly rose scent which is not old fashioned or "grandma" like at all. It is beautiful. Very, very classy and strong, the silage is killer. I bet if you over-apply people will run away in fear. Do I like it? Yes. Do I wish to have a full bottle - no. Why? Because it is way too strong and I'm not a rose fan.
But please ladies who are - do not be afraid of the fact that this is made in 19th century. After the first 10 minutes it is ultimate rose scent. Very, very daring. And remember about the stuff I said about rose and other flowers. The same with the lady. You do not wish to mess with a lady brave enough to cope with this scent in public and wear it bravely.

fenlady
fenlady

Beautiful! But at first I wasn't crazy about it, the first half hour was full of rather confused floral and woody notes competing for attention. Then the florals took over, and lasted all day. The rose stayed true for many hours, and I appreciated not having to top it up at all.
I happen to like vintage and Victoriana - lacy blouses, Edwardian petticoats, Art Nouveau jewelry - so the age of the perfume appeals to me. Makes many modern scents seem thin in comparison. Have small decant, would buy bottle if only I could afford it, but I suppose perfume of this quality has to cost a lot as it uses only the finest ingredients.

I really love Fleurs de Bulgarie in itself, not too much as a scent for me.
It's impressive, massive, royal, somptuous and un-apologetic.
The first time I tested it years ago in a perfume shop I almost fainted! It smelled terribly strong and awfully stoke-like, like a thick brown broth with lots of meat and a rose of top. I went out of the shop and wanted to go to a toilet to brush it away.
After 30 minutes I smelt a beautiful trail in the air. I was in the street and thought that someone passed by and try to follow that smell! I walked for 10 minutes before realizing that I was following no one than myself! Tricky FdB!
I read somewhere that it was a favourite of Queen Victoria. I have no doubt it can be true. This is a very old school fragrance with all the perfection and intent of old school. A perfume meant for a great lady. I can understand how it may be perceived as old stuff these days, but it’s not really the case. It’s not a matter of perfume rather of people. At that time only rich and noble women used perfume. Nowadays almost everyone owns at least a bottle of some perfume bought or given (only my father is out of game), but most people look for a scent that might please theirselves and others around too, the kind of pop fragrance that pleases the crowd because they understand it.
I own a few samples of FdB, it smells good on my skin but when I wear it people clench their nose and I ask me if I’m wearing my granny’s heavy stuff. I swear my sweet grand-mother never even knew about FdB by Creed and for sure she was not aristocratic!
This is an animalic rich rose that lingers for hours , not a confortable cosy scent you wrap yourself in search of confort rather a scent that drives you to be bold and unique. Only not the right choice for anyone and anywhere.

Creed FLEURS DE BULGARIE is a beautiful rose composition from start to finish. The opening bears a family resemblance to BULGARI POUR FEMME, but FLEURS DE BULGARIE moves steadily ahead with roses dominating in the middle stage. Lots of sweet pink roses. The sweetness begins slowly to fade and the fragrance becomes progressively more soapy toward the drydown, which is very soapy, but it is still a rose-scented soap.

Overall, I find this trajectory worthwhile and not at all old-ladyish. But it is all about roses, and a rose is a rose. This is better to my nose than YSL PARIS, but since I already have a 4.2oz bottle of Guerlain ROSA MAGNIFICA, whch is also all about roses, I won't be adding this Creed creation to my collection.

I like roses, but I do not love or feel very comfortable in single-note rose frags, yet I find the soapy drydown of FdB quite wearable. Still, if I had a bottle of this, it would probably sit next to my Guerlain, largely unused. I am thinking about mixing ROSA MAGNIFICA with a solid leather frag such as CUIR DE LANCOME, which could be a very nice combination, a la JOLIE MADAME, but with roses instead of violets.

Sissi
Sissi

MMMMMMMM? i wonder the coniving heroine
from Honore de Balzac's Cousin Bette
wore this when she intends and does
destroy her extended family or Lola Montez
the famous dancer and courtesen who seduced The Hungarian Virtuoso Franz Liszt Or Ludwig I of Bavaria the King of Bavaria; Satine from Moulin Rouge!
Or the divine Sarah Bernhardt in her famous role of As Tosca the Diva a Perfume fit for a courtesan.

The note of velvet red roses caresses your skin conjoures up deep burgandy
curtians of brothels and opera houses
circa 1848 a Parisian Brothal full of
Loose women with revealing gowns of rich color low necklines tight curls
cascading around the face men with there top hat long black wastcoats hair fashioned with sideburns and long hair
playing Roulette getting drunk
or dancing the can can.

The Amber make's it sweet sort of a naive girlish quailties and musk makes
it a bit Esotaric there's a secular and
holiness about this fragrance a Contradictory of good girl and bad girl
mentality which i enjoy perfect for church and perfect for sex and naughtiness. well everyone has two sides to their Charactor.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I got a sample of this one purely out of curiosity because it's been around so long.
It smells just like a rose soap, which was probably very desirable back when no-one took baths but isn't worth the Creed price in this day and age.
I would think that with all the advancements over the years they would be able to make this scent a little more interesting and complex while still using natural ingredients.
I can't imagine there's anyone out there who is really attached to the original smell. It needs to be updated and punched up a bit.

Update: I mixed this with some musk oil I had and it's wonderful!!

Kterhark
Kterhark

I was zipping through Niemans when I spotted the Creed counter. I've never seen this line before, so had to check it out. the very first bottle I picked up was this one, and at first whiff I thought 'Ooh! that's Rose Barbare from Guerlain!' Sure enough, Bulgarian Rose was front and center in the list of ingredients. I took a sample home, but unfortunately, the scent didn't translate well from paper to skin. Rose Barbare holds its note, but this one goes on wiht a strong alcoholic blast and then settles down into something wearably warm and pleasant. Creed, in my mind, competes with parfums de Rosine and Nahema, i.e, other very good, high quality rose scents. A half hour into wearing this you'll understand why it's been around so long, as it is very unique in it's beauty. Will it be a favorite rose of mine? Probably not, but I appreciate it's complexity and may purchase a full bottle out of respect.

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

Very very old school...this smells like it is 150 years old...i am sure it was cool back in the day but i am not sure too many people who smelled this on me would think i was wearing an expensive perfume made for a queen...they would probably think i smelled like i washed with some old fashioned soap...it's not bad..it's just...veeeeery vintage smelling....rose soap clean smell...dries down to an almost unisex soap smell.

Spring25
Spring25

This is quite an impressive scent. It is so old, yet I think it can still be worn well today in small doses. The rose is regal and long-lasting. It really does seem like a fragrance fit for a queen!

tsipy
tsipy

This perfume is absolute Royalty in a bottle: rich, sharp, confident , classic, and very seductive. I would recommend wearing it for special occation as this perfume is very strong.

glitteralex
glitteralex

I absolutely adore the naughty, grownup rose in this scent. It is simplistic, to be sure-almost a soliflore. The ambergris (heard Creed uses the real stuff?) is an incredible carrier for what must be damascone rose-a little dirty in and of itself. I imagine, and hope, that the musk is synthetic. In any case, it is used judiciously. There is some bergamot in the top that carries the heavier notes, but does not affect the final demeanor of the perfume. Longevity is at least 12 hours, thanks to the excellent fixatives. The rose is true, natural, and develops in tune with your individual mood, the weather, the time of year....nothing any synthetic perfume can accomplish. This is a scent that has been successful for 150 years (original version created in 1845 for Queen Victoria), and with good reason.

Carla
Carla

I'm a Creed fan but this is a little to mature for my liking. The rose is too overwhelming for my taste.

Boggi
Boggi

Strong and flowery. Very classic smell. Too sharp for me, triggers a headace.

I you want a full-bodied strong rose, I would rather buy Anglomania from Vivienne Westwood.

Fleurs de Bulgarie by Creed 3.98 out of 5 based on 106 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Fleurs de Bulgarie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleurs de Bulgarie by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleurs de Bulgarie by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.