Designers » C » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Green Irish Tweed Creed for men
dislike

I have it: 1493 I had it: 259 I want it: 1151 My signature: 106

ozonic
Green Irish Tweed Creed for men Pictures Green Irish Tweed Creed for men Pictures

Green Irish Tweed by Creed is a classic Fougere fragrance. One of the signature scents of the house of Creed, this "walk through the Irish countrywide" is a favorite of many celebrities. The fragrance is rich, fresh, sporty and unforgettable.

Green Irish Tweed opens with top notes of iris and lemon verbena. The middle notes include violet leaves. The base notes are ambergris and Mysore sandalwood. Green Irish Tweed was launched in 1985. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

iris Lemon Verbena

Chez Bond

Green Irish Tweed Fragrance Reviews

musicman4931
musicman4931

Stop comparing this quality juice to cool water, it is simply astoundingly better. Another projection beast from Creed with great lasting power.

Mbcc
Mbcc

These so called batch variations are ridiculous. This stuff isn't made in tiny batches with fresh harvested botanicals distilled in an ancient way. It's made in huge batches with aroma chemicals that are identical year to year and batch to batch. I get a kick out of reading the complaints of my batch is this and mine is that and where can I get the elusive super special incredible deluxe batch that turns me into George clooney. Oh well thanks for the laughs

fresher81
fresher81

Green Irish Tweed, to me, is the best fragrance out of all the Creeds. Aventus, my signature scent, would have been number one if didn't not have batch issues.

drswonder
drswonder

FINALLY this remarkable fragrance has been faithfully duplicated!!! YES!!! Google "Tres Nuit," and there you have it. 3.5 ounces of the very same fragrance with the very same notes as GIT! And made with natural oils like GIT. One big difference: The Price. GIT retails for $150 an ounce. 3.5 would cost about $525. The bottle of Tres Nuit is pretty much from $79 to $100, max! GIT is the rock star of Creed, the go-to cologne, with an established reputation built over many years. So, for a test drive of GIT, get Tres Nuit. And, no, I have no vested interest in Tres Nuit! Just happy to see someone get out an affordable GIT!

seekritdude
seekritdude

*prepares for the incoming rocks*

Honestly I dont care for GIT. That being said though I dont care for Cool water either. So maybe that stands to reason as they smell similar. The differences for me personally is that I think of GIT as a wearable cool water. Cool water is something that when I get a wiff of it on someone else randomly I think it smells... alright. But whenever I try to wear it just way to synthetic and gets sickening.

GIT I can wear. Its not as harsh. I suppose besides that difference the next biggest difference is GIT has a huge amount of lemon for me.

However I will say at least the batch I have of GIT, its pretty linear, I dont get that great dry down that some people say they get with theres. So for me personally its pretty boring as well.

Projection and longevity are just ok for me. Compliment wise ya it gets a lot, but again for me personally it just doesnt do anything. So its hard to reach for.

EauDeBaldy
EauDeBaldy

Currently wearing this one ( Summer time ) and I have to agree with the commentary before me that it has that smell like a Fresh Cut Grass.

If you take the smell of that and add a type of cloying style ( not bad but just heavier in a fragrance style, if that makes sense ) you get this.

I really do not get how people have said its comparable to cool water, I don't even smell any similarities.

Cool water is more like a fresh water cloying smell.

But I do see Aspen in the list and when I saw that, I understood how it can be smelled as such, but definitely not exact, just a reminder.

While I wear this in the summer ( as it was next in my line to wear ) I'd say it's better to wear this in the spring time, in cooler weather. Summer's not bad, but it has that Spring Time freshness to it ( not selling fabric softener, just saying lol )

MegaMav
MegaMav

A very refreshing experience.

I picture walking through freshly cut grasses in a meadow along a freshwater creek, on a spring morning with a snow capped mountain in the background.

I have a 2010 bottle, and its pretty strong, it lasts me all day. There was a bit of beef over the 2010 bottles, but I cannot tell the difference in the batches. The newer ones dont seem to be as thick in the presentation of the scent overall. A tad "greener" maybe, but thinner.

2 sprays, one to each side of the neck and im set, all day. Tough to go wrong with this one, just make sure you get it through a reputable discounter.

If I had to rate it, I'd give it an 8/10.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Cool Water VS. Green Irish Tweed - Side-by-side comparison.

I have finally compared them both side by side after buying Cool Water. Here's my breakdown:

GIT is greener and has that more "velvety" sense to it. Very smooth, very clean and very crisp.

Cool Water starts off much different with almost none of the green notes expressed by GIT. I was amazed at how different they were 10 minutes after spraying. Cool Water is great, however, it's just not as "clean."

About 3 hours after the application, Cool Water is slightly faint but still noticeable while GIT is still heavy and projecting. At this point Cool Water has none of the green notes that GIT does. GIT is much greener and more natural feeling. I do like the Cool Water dry down though.

OVERALL:
GIT is top quality blend while Cool Water is definitely more messy. Both are definitely great scents and they ARE DIFFERENT enough to have a preference. GIT = Natural Green Crispness, Cool Water = Hint of green/blue pleasant mess.

GIT = 8.5/10
Cool Water = 6.5/10

ShaverX

sharmap14, Your not the only one experiencing this. Most people who have 2013-2014 batches are reporting the same. i really wish I could get the internet fragrance community to sign an official complaint and send it to creed because the new batches are seriously off. Your right the scent dies after 15 minutes of beastly projection. I carry my bottle with me to reapply throughout the day. i shouldn't have to do this at this price point. perhaps just once in the afternoon but not hourly touch ups. it's plain wrong!!!

sharmap14

my bottle doesnt smell as sweet or has the longevity or sillage compared to the tester i recieved? dies 10 mins after i spray it on myself or clothes.

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

There is a reason that this is a top seller, and still going strong after so many years....
I blind purchased GIT- my first Creed fragrance. I was completely unsure of what to expect, having read countless reviews on this fragrance and others...Aventus. Millesime Imperial. All top notch (and top price).
I dove in. Paid about $120. Great deal in my book.
Worth every penny.
On first spray, this cologne wreaks of freshness, musk, and vibrance. It is somewhat difficult to describe the emotions that accompany from one spray onto the wrist, but I assure you that it reminds one of a not-so-distant childhood, roaming the hills in the early morning, with the grass lined and spotted by a frosty dew. A bubbling brook in the background, flowing away without a care. The smell of the woods and the grass being carried lazily by a tumultuous breeze, unaltered by the care of those around.
That is the magic that is Green Irish Tweed.
It is a spring morning, trapped beautifully in a quaint bottle. It is childhood delights, roaming the early fields in a cantankerous shrouded perfume.
This fragrance starts off with grand entrance, projecting well for anyone nearby to enjoy the freshness it emits. It lasted for about 2-3 hours before dying to a soapy, fresh skin scent that retained much of the original vigor contained within the first spray.
Total scent life was nothing to frown at, as after 7 hours it is still chugging away on my skin- faint but detectable. Anything that lasts over 6 hours gets repeated wear from me, as this is definitely above average.
Spray recommendations: one to the chest, two to the neck on each side for maximum enjoyment and freshness. This is definitely a good summer/ spring scent; I would not recommend for winter, as the vigor it projects might be wasted in the colder weather.
All in all- a masterpiece and worth all of what I paid for it. If you can get this for under $150- do it! You won't be disappointed. So many people say this smells like Cool Water, but it is quite the opposite. GIT was around first, and Cool Water inevitably borrowed much of its core essence from the naturalistic scent that is Green Irish Tweed.
Buy, try or pass? Definitely a BUY!

Longevity: 8/10 (Sticks around for 8+ hours)
Projection: 8/10 (It 'gets out there')
Smell: 10/10 (Fresh to death, and cleaner than most!)
Versatility: 9/10 (Most occasions, summer or spring)

hasan abdul
hasan abdul

basically its what it is "Green Irish Tweed"
Don't expect magic from it

very common smell, many cleaning products have similar smell.

its manly and casual.

imagine a very "expensive" bowl of vegetables and greens.

O_o

youngfragranceconnoisseur
youngfragranceconnoisseur

This is an amazing scent truly a masterpiece! This scent is very organic! It is the most natural smelling fragrance I have smelled. It projects well on me and lasts forever. It is truly a powerhouse of a fragrance. It is a good signature scent if you want people to smell you from a distance but if you want something close to the skin this is not it. I know it is expensive but I think that if you pay under $200 it is worth it, but if you are willing to drop $300+ I suggest you buy it from the Creed Boutique, Saks or an authorized dealer. This scent is green but not the kind of green I expected when I first smelled it. It is a cold wet green smell. Kind of like you are in a damp cave with moss and herbs. So this scent is great to wear on a rainy day or when it is a little cold and damp. Overall this is the best Creed I have smelled out of Royal Water, Aventus and Original Vetiver. Also this is a very versatile scent. I wear it mainly to school and for casual wear, but you could maybe pull this off when you dress up. This is a very classy scent. I would say you could wear it on a date, but it is not a sensual scent at all. If you want to smell clean and fresh on a date this would be good.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

This is a complete mistery to me, as the entire Creed line. A blasting, plastic, unidimensional, flashy aftershave opening which should be supposed to recall a generic "eau de cologne" or "fougère" (keep in mind we are in 1985, so not really anything new, plenty of great products already in that type of market), and in fact, is more similar to any deodorant or bottled shave cream you may find at the mall. Which is where this should be supposed to sell for pennies. Cheap synthetics, cheap composition, cheap attitude (that "XVIII century heritage" is just pathetic). The drydown goes slightly better, a clean sheet of linalool comes and tones down the nauseating, monotone synthetic tackiness of the beginning. So at least you smell of some sort of "lavender". But if you are into elegant lavender drydowns, have you ever tried Czech & Speake or Truefitt & Hill? Or even Caron? Or in more broad terms the classic Hermès, Rochas, Guerlain... That's how "classic gentleman colognes" are supposed to smell. For wealthy people with plenty of money to waste and no taste for fragrances.

sharmap14

my batch number isnt as strong, lacks longevity and sillage. that wasnt the case for the tester i got before i bought the fragrance. can someone explain this.

riffjim4069

First, there might be a glitch in the system because sometimes I can add a "Perfume reminds me of" reference while other times I cannot. Second, while I do feel that Cool Water is a cheap, synthetic GIT clone (as I commented in my review) it is a pleasant enough smell and I'm pretty sure I added one to the remind me of Cool Water tally some time ago. I'm not sure how the dozens, if not hundreds, of references would disappear unless, as you mentioned, someone created a zillion accounts...which is actually pathetic.

ShaverX

Not a review as I have already made a review on this. But who is the person creating all these accounts to remove the "reminds me of cool water"????

I'm not trying to get on that subject as I have already tackled that in my review but come on not 1 "reminds me of cool water" ? They are both similar for sure and there are thousands of comments on the web about this.

marcod83
marcod83

Semplicemente il TOP!!

Michael1962
Michael1962

Green Irish Tweed opens up zesty and green and even then (in my opinion)the ambergris,which is a pivotal note in many Creeds,holds it together.Incredibly indulgent from the first spray.
Ambergris provides that salty quality which works perfectly to counteract the grassy,green opening.
Great blending of lemon verbena,iris and violet leaf here.I cant compare this with Cool Water but GIT has unmistakeable high quality and blending with natural smelling ingredients and the result is real presence and you get what you pay for.
Reportedly worn by George Clooney and Clint Eastwood and, if so, I can definitely see why.
Not the most sensual fragrance you can wear but you will leave a favourable impression everytime.
Absolute masterpiece with beastly longevity.

bobosan336
bobosan336

Hard not to like. More similar to Cool Water around 1-2 hours into it - before that GIT is greener while CW is heavy on the lavender. Lasts quite a bit longer that CW. 1 spray on my wrist 12 hours ago and it's still going strong. Fresh. Well blended. Highly versatile. Great office scent.

Negative is the price point - while I like it quite a bit, it's difficult to justify.

TBARANTOR
TBARANTOR

Right from the first spray you feel you are in an ocean of greeness and it feels so good and clean. very crisp and precise scent. MASTERPIECE.

kd17
kd17

Everybody says that GIT is similar to Cool Water but is more refined and of higher quality. I own Cool Water and bought a sample of GIT from theperfumedcourt.com to compare. They are either selling samples of Cool Water and passing them off as GIT, or GIT really does smell EXACTLY like Cool Water with the SAME quality. Sample for yourself, but the price tag for GIT does not warrant a purchase if it smells absolutely the same as a $15 bottle of Cool Water.

KingLouie
KingLouie

I tested this bottle yesterday.
All I can say is, woah.

It is exactly like cool water but it's not dirty, it's crisp and the distinct smell remains the same and does not change or die down.

I think this is the sexiest scent I have ever smelt, and would definitely be my signature scent if I could afford the price tag!!!

Jmg92
Jmg92

I got a bottle of this as a gift. Would I buy it again? no. Do I hate it or think it smells like cool water? Nope. I enjoy this scent, but it does not last on me at all. I highly recommend smelling before you buy, and making sure you love this scent enough to spend 150-300 dollars on it. I do not care that George Clooney wears it, to me it just doesn't fit the bill of a scent in its price range. Maybe my bottle is bad, but like i said, I highly recommend trying it. To the untrained nose, it may smell like irish spring or cool water, not necessarily a bad thing, but this smell can be achieved for far less money.

jhonyd
jhonyd

Quite simply the best Creed I've smelled. A must have in every man's collection. Also my favorite of all time as of now.

toto453
toto453

Scent is ok for me, but prefer Fierce in this category. Scent is too grassy/liquory for me.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is legendary and classic. It is like a classic Porsche 911, timeless, beautiful and full of character. My least favorite thing about this scent is that it is my best friend's signature fragrance. Other than that, I would say that this is one of those masculine essentials. I often think of picking a new best friend, but haven't found one with better tastes :-). Anyways, I would say that this is one of the best men's fragrances the world has to offer.

My Score: 10

Rastak
Rastak

Smells very good, fairly good life. Recently scent, forest and meadow of. The smells immensely delighted. 10/10

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

@Aceman

Go see if Vanna has any punctuation you can borrow.

Aceman
Aceman

I am a CW fans for a long long time(till today)....but with GIT this juice is awesome ....yah there's similarities within CW and GTI but there is ...and seriously i mean there is still a diff between the both.....well done Creed....anyway Love so much another juice Royal Oud from Creed but very disappointed with Tabarome....don't last at all....to soft....maybe it's not suit for this part of the globe(humid)

Kenni
Kenni

Blend this with Xerjoff Homme and enter the high class !

malik2011
malik2011

Dear Thecameltotem. We will sue you . Your first session in the court would be on next Tuesday.

Thecameltotem
Thecameltotem

Call me crazy but i prefer CW over this.

MyNoseKnowsThose
MyNoseKnowsThose

The differences between GIT and CW arent significant enough to make up for the cost differential. IMO GIT is very over-rated and rarely gets any wear from this guy. It's an ok fragrance but if you have the chance to sample this before you buy, take that oppurtunity. With my skin chemistry, I get a very green, leafy smell at first, it then dries down to CW's twin brother.

ShaverX

I'd like to give my take on the comparison of GIT to cool water that never seems to get mentioned. What i have noticed is that if your skin is at a relatively cool temperature they smell nothing alike. GIT is very violety, lemony sprite and very vibrant under these conditions. Wheres as cool water in linear whether your skin is cold or warm. However, when the skin is war or if you are wearing GIT in the gym and perspiring this is when you can see the similarities. At this point GIT and cool water smell similar with a similar soft powdery sweetness, but GIT has this rich buttery, creamy vibe to it which makes it stand out and smell superior.

I really dig the complexity of GIT alot. Throughout the day and with your body temperature changes various notes will jump out. Sometimes it smells ultra violety, sometimes ultra green, sometimes lemon notes shoot out, sometimes creamy ambergris. it's quite complex and always smells great, but just gets better as the hours roll by. I am by no way a creed fanboy, I hate their unsubstantiated marketing, infact I don't like MI and aventus is give or take for me but GIT is a masterpiece of mens fragrances.

@LookGoodSmellBetter:

I agree with your analogy if we are talking about the older version of CW. The new one I tried not too long ago was like a different scent! However, I perceive an unpleasant note clash in the old CW, which is why I can wear GIT, which is more harmonious (and simpler), but not CW. So, to me CW is like a sports car that a tall guy can't fit in comfortably, if we stay with the automobile analogies (and I'm that tall guy LOL).

LookGoodSmellBetter
LookGoodSmellBetter

Bentley to VW may not be the best analogy. Have you seen a Flying Spur next to a Phaeton?

Sophisticated Redneck
Sophisticated Redneck

GIT is a beautiful men's fragrance. All of these comparisons to Cool Water. Goodness, that's like comparing a Bentley to a VW.

gaurav.verma2308
gaurav.verma2308

I respect to the fact that Creed perfumes definitely exudes class..All of their perfumes are very rich smelling as well as are compliment getter.
Green Irish Tweed is no exception the above facts.
According to me it spells magic on the wearer and it just wraps the person like a blanket.

" So smooth,so classic and so refined "
As simple as that.
People often compare it with Cool Water(Which even doesn't come near to it as far as quality is compared)
Hats off to Green Irish Tweed for being such a wonderful scent to me.
Luckily it does last around 8-9 hours on my skin
Glad to find it with SPlash Fragnance India +91 8956139654

2nd review.

I had used decants but just bought a full bottle. First of all, this is the greatest fragrance ever produced.

This starts out green and fresh. No acquatic, metallic or ozonic scent whatsoever. Just a bright green sparkling masculine scent. There is just something about this that makes you feel confident.

The mid gets a little deeper and smooths out but keeps the green notes.

The ambergris comes in and gives it a sllghtly sweet, earthy and an animalic aspect in the best way possible. The dry down is superb.

Perfect for year round but best in spring and summer. Can be worn in virtually any occasion whether it be casual, work, or formal.

Keeps you feeling fresh all day.

I own Cool Water and they are different beasts. Cool Water is all about lavender, and slightly plastic lavender at that, but it is still good. I only get 2-3 hours from Cool Water.

GIT is about fresh and green in one hell of a sexy way. People will compliment. Even people that would not normally compliment will notice. I spray on GIT at about 7:30 AM on most mornings (1 back of neck and 1 on left wrist) and can smell it all the way to bed at night. 12+ hours easily on longevity. Sillage is outstanding also.

Ultimate signature scent worthy.

@marmalator: If you are not aware, many portrait painters have done a portrait of a "famous person" and then sent it to that person free of charge. So long as it doesn't get sent back to them, the painter then says, "You know, I painted so and so?" The point is that every fragrance company could afford to send out free bottles to several dozen people and then say that all those who accepted the package own it. And they could then also say something like, "we have a feeling it is so and so's favorite scent." I find this to be quite creepy but I'm surprised it's not done more often, considering how there apparently is a gullible person market to be tapped.

marmalator
marmalator

@MeThePerson

The comment about Cary Grant liking it (below) is not as daft as you may think. Rumour has it that this was based on his Creed private collection scent, released for general sale after his death as Green Irish Tweed.

Of course, that could just be clever marketing by Creed...

In any event, it is clearly a superb and timeless classic. Violets in spring raindrops.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

Green Irish Tweed, the king of green scents in my humble opinion ! This was my first niche frag that I blind bought and while I say theres very few niche frags that are worth the price this is 1 of those few that are an exception.

The scent of this is a very green,somewhat mellow,very rich,beautiful scent thats truly a masterpiece from Creed and even after all the time its been out is still 1 of the best scents out there.

When you 1st spray its a clean, bright,refreshing, green scent thats very pleasing and reminds me of a mix of Irish Spring soap and Sprite.In the heart its pretty much the same only the freshness fades a little and the violet becomes more present....Although the opening and heart are great this fragrance smells the best when its in the drydown phase. The drydown smells pretty much the same as the heart as it still has its freshness but now its way more rich and cozy feeling(due to the Anbergris) Green Irish Tweeds drydown is honestly my favorite drydown on any fragrance.

Projection is really good on this in the 1st 2 hours as it comes off the skin about 3 or 4 feet and then after that id say it radiates about 1 foot off the skin but you still leave a good scent trail.

Longevity is excellent on this as well. This juice lasts me anywhere from 6-10 hours.

This is a timeless classic thats great for any occasion and season and its deffinitly the swiss army knife of my collection ! 1 that will ALWAYS be in my collection

Id give this a 8.75 out of 10 ! 1 of my personal faves

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

@ sherryberry (about 25 down the list)...
I love the way everyone loves your comment about Cary Grant- how it was one of his favourites... ?

I'm not sure whether there's an inferred irony in the likes?

Being as he died not long after GIT launched. Bless him.

riffjim4069

I absolutely love GIT. Although Cool Water is pleasant...well, it lacks the depth and character of this fragrance. If you're a kid on an allowance or just scraping by because you have slept through life, then by all means pick up a bottle of Cool Water at the local Wally-Mart. Otherwise, enjoy using Green Irish Tweed at any time and in any setting.

Update: I love GIT and wear it into the office quite often during the Spring. I don't it's the way I smile when I'm wearing it, but I get crazy compliments while at work - people just love it. Anyway, it's my new signature scent for the Spring.

beavisbonce

I spent my money on Aventus even with the cap that doesn't fit properly. No excuse this day and age with and the amount Creed are coining in I'm astonished.

steve1991

I admit GIT is definitely better than davidoff, but not for the price.

steve1991

I admit GIT is definitely better than davidoff, but not for the price.

beavisbonce

Lets put it another way that most people will understand. Green Irish Tweed is Heroin and Cool Water is methadone. It's what you can afford.

rum
rum

It took me quite a while to appreciate GIT and the associations with another fragrance had really put me off even trying it.

After a rather wet and cool season in 2012-3, I opted to get myself on a split. I honestly felt that the opening was like washing powder, the sort that my mother would use in the washing machine every Saturday on laundry day.

I got over that association soon, the more I began to appreciate the lemon/verbena combo at first spritz. But that wasn't the best bit. I really fell for the violet leaf note which appears not long after the top has burnt off, that and it's luscious transition to sandalwood and ambergris. I'm not sure I detect the Iris in this, but if it's there, maybe it's what gives GIT that delicate saltiness that just blends in magnificently as the scent dries down.

That said, I am not one to fall for the hype around any scent. I appreciate GIT for what it is (and I don't have a clue what the 'Irish' theme is all about). I totally understand how this is a 'go to' fragrance for many. On most weeks, this is my Monday fragrance. Not quite a stand-out that I'd want for a special occasion, but too good to start the week off with anything else. I can't believe it took me this long to appreciate. Quite inoffensive and a superb alternative to a vetiver scent, which I somehow seem to have gone off.

The bottle is great and has become quite an icon. I love having the 120ml size in my wardrobe, although it makes it impossible to see how much juice is left inside!

Finally, a quick note about longevity. I find that GIT, worn in sensible amounts (not more than say 5 sprays) lasts on me for the best part of a whole day. I can easily smell it on me in the evenings, having applied early in the morning. It's not overpowering, but I certainly wouldn't spray more than five sprays.

Jassar

Truly amazing signature scent. Top, mid and base are superb. Starts green and fresh and gets slightly creamier as it goes. One of the rare year-round scents. I get many compliments while wearing this.

ali3af
ali3af

Hi there
if you buy ( egra ) from rasasi perfumes and apply GIT and egra you cant tell which one is better , so i recomended (egra)
why ?
GIT = 120$
Egra= 11$
So which one you will chose ?

Romashka
Romashka

This just screams of the archetype 'cologne' smell which to me smells common. It's very green and masculine and does last but if you're after something more distinctive and unique I would look elsewhere.

Marciu
Marciu

Unfortunately, this fragrance is not for me. I clearly understand all the love for it (great quality of ingredients and you can feel it from top to bottom). But on my skin it's too rooty(like a vegetable put out straight from soil), too earthy and not so much green as I expected.

I think comparing it to Cool Water or to Chez Bond is a misunderstanding, totally. This one stands on its own.

Very good but just not my pair of shoes.

Belvedere
Belvedere

This fragrance reminded me that I had fallen into the enthusiasts trap off only liking complex rich heavy niche scents. While those scents are fantastic GIT is a classic fresh green fragrance, very linear but made with the best ingredients so this smells so good it can literally be worn all day all year to any event and even if you over spray you will not offend. It does remind me of CW on opening but is a much classier greener scent on dry down and lasts a lot longer.

I have done a u-turn on this, it is a beautiful and classy scent but I'm not sure I could confidently distinguish the difference between this and Cool Water after a while on skin but it does last longer

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Russell Crowe wears this.....OHHHHHH.....fainting....would love to smell it! This fragrance, that voice and body....which would hit you first? I dare to say probably Creed.....sucker punch....

MickeyB
MickeyB

I think this smells a lot better than CW or Aspen and lasts all day for me. Recently I bought a sample and will definitely be buying this next purchase.

Zealous
Zealous

I'm onto to something with this one. Received a sample and today gave it a try. For the first time I can remember the wife said "you smell good." She knows I am a fragrance head and does not give free compliments in the regard. Shocking to me as it smelled nice, but needed 6 squirts. I was/am worried that perhaps this is a scent I cannot smell, but others do abundantly--it happens. At any rate, I did not enjoy throughout the day, but at least the wife did in the morning.

wonderlife
wonderlife

This would be my signature, if I was rich. Just perfect, except for the price tag. An unfortunate factor that rules me out of ever buying another fragrance from Creed. The most I'v ever paid. Same goes for Aventus. I love Aventus. Modern, masculine, unique. But once these bottles are done. They stay finished.

edge42
edge42

Green Irish Tweed is fantastic, I'm just not sure it's that much better than Cool Water to justify it's high asking price. I've spent considerable time with GIT and both versions of CW--vintage and reformulated--and the huge similarities are obvious to even the most undiscerning noses. Even moreso to those of us in the hobby of fragrance collecting. Granted, vintage CW shares more top note similarities with GIT while the reformulated version shares more drydown similarities, but an undeniable similarity is there in all versions thoughout.

What I've found to be the biggest difference between these scents is that GIT smells a little greener/leafier, and more natural than CW. The new CW is close. Vintage CW is even closer. They're also 80% cheaper.

Very expensive Cool Water as Stefan put it in his review pretty much sums up this fragrance. If GIT is worth it for the slight difference and more natural smelling ingredients is for you to decide. But just remember that everyone around you will still think you're wearing Cool Water, regardless of how much more you paid for Creed.

JustSmellGood
JustSmellGood

This basically smells like a more "green" Cool Water to my nose. The opening is pretty awful as it smells like Cool Water with baby powder and lemons added. The dry down is much better thankfully. Very fresh and natural, as opposed to aquatic and sporty. Reminds me of a laundry detergent + Irish Spring. Not too shabby, but not my thing either. I honestly prefer Cool Water.

GRADE = C

kenwylde

I've always been an impulsive man. I always tend to go with my gut, my instincts, my heart. I'm an emotional actor as opposed to an intellectual hesitator; which isn't to say that I am a moron or that I don't have a brain and the ability to analyze and reason or that men don't seek out my counsel; in fact, they do. I just lead with my heart, that's all. I sometimes act impulsively, hastily, perhaps. But my heart is aligned with the universal good. My intentions are pure. My regrets are but few.

Please accept my apologies for my earlier review of GIT.

I wasn't wrong. But I was hasty. I was so excited when I returned from the Creed Boutique in NYC that I literally couldn't wait to get home. Such a nice little store, stone and glass and beautiful bottles everywhere. And all the smells. It's unbelievable.

I knew what I wanted and so I made a quick transaction and thanked the gentleman and left before I could lose my nerve.

Yes, it's expensive.

But what a beautiful package; the presentation is impeccable. It costs a lot but it feels, right from the moment you take it away, that it is money well-spent. It feels like you are getting more than what you have paid. You're walking down the street with a rare and precious treasure fairly purchased. An equal exchange. A good trade. A Mantle for a Berra and a Ford and two Martins. If you're from New York then you know what I mean.

I unboxed my GIT on the train and held the cold bottle in my hands. I sprayed it directly above me. It was as being blessed by some higher authority but not a priest or a pope but higher than that.

Lemon verbena, iris, violet, vetiver. Lemons and cut grass. Specifically, a ball-field in late March, early spring. The weather is as a lion in Narnia: it is good but not tame. So is GIT.

It is strong, masculine, unrestrained but yet, refined. I went a long time with wearing it every day. I love it. But then I shunned it for awhile. Now I am back. But not every day. It's in my rotation, year round. I like to wear it when I am wearing a leather coat or jacket. They go together so well.

Projection and silage are good. People will know you are wearing it. Few will remark on it. Those that do will mostly allude or profess to Cool Water. But we know the difference, don't we? We do and so do all gentlemen and ladies of high caliber and discerning tastes. This scent was released in 1985. That's thirty years ago. It's a classic by definition. And execution.

My first review, I was overwhelmed by the overall beauty of this gem. This scent is as uplifting as any drug I've ever done and I've tasted them all, danced with a few, shacked up for awhile with one or two of the better-known, if you know what I mean and I think that you do.

There's a minty goodness to GIT although there is no mint listed in the notes. I think this is a synergistic effect of the ingredients, an accord that is present by design, an example of the very art of perfumery.

It really lasts and lasts. 10 hours on skin. Until the next washing on clothing. T-shirts, my cotton vees, if I wear them all day and re-apply for an evening soiree, sometimes GIT is even detectable after a washing. It's how I tell if the laundry-girl used fabric softener or a dryer sheet. I pay extra for that but someimes they cheat you on the damnedest things.

Wash-women. Laundry-girls. It always comes down to them, doesn't it?

crossdx
crossdx

I'm relatively new to this as a hobby, but no other fragrance I wear makes me feel as calm and happy as Green Irish Tweed. Smelling it never fails to lift my mood. It's the first scent I give a 10 so far in my humble olfactory experience. I've updated this review somewhat, and most of my original opinions on this still stand.

Admittedly, Cool Water has some notable similarities, but is missing the fresh, green, natural aromatic contours I get from GIT. Some people can live without those elements, and if I really try to put myself in their shoes I can honestly see how they'd be okay with a reasonable facsimile such as CW, Aspen, etc. I, however, can't settle for anything less after having been exposed to the wonders of GIT. I've been smitten, to say the least, by the original. All right, I can also afford it, so there's that.

I wore CW in high school and loved it then, so no hate here to those who wear and love the Davidoff offering. It'll always have a fond place in my memories. For me, simply put, the Creed original is a step up to what I deem one of my favourite scents of all time: a CW without the synthetic scent, with green, earthy vibes instead of aquatic. Perfection. My definition of it, at least. To call it an improved version of CW would be wrong, however, given that it came out first. A superior scent that justifies the premium pricing.

Longevity is stellar and sillage is quite impressive . I regularly get 6-8 hours of good projection, tapering off towards the end into a delicious skin scent which can linger for a day or more until showered off. Sillage and projection are great in the initial 3-4 hours, then remains decent until about the 6th to 8th. On clothes, it lasts and lasts. I had a shirt that still smelled of GIT after about a week or so.

Needless to say, I wear this mostly for my personal enjoyment and not to impress others, which is just icing on the proverbial cake when it happens. Complimentary responses occur quite frequently with GIT, however, so it's a big win for everybody. This is my ultimate comfort scent which transports me to a realm of relaxation like no other. A beautiful thing.

Projection/Sillage: 9/10

Overall: 9.5/10

RUDOLFO512

I have been using Green Irish Tweed EDT for a while now. I decided to purchase the EDP and I am glad I did. It is more concentrated and it lasts longer on me. In my opinion, there is no comparison to Cool Water at all. Green Irish Tweed is sophisticated, green, natural and very masculine. I always get compliments every time I wear it. It is one of the best in the Creed line.

Firmansyah
Firmansyah

Honest: 80% same with Coolwater.

GIT Fans : ~!@#$%^*()!!!!

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

GIT may be the best all-round fragrance that I have. It's green, clean and long lasting. I have CW too and yes there are similarities. But I go to GIT more often. Perfect.

2AngelsDaddy
2AngelsDaddy

Good choice for that clean, confident smell. Very safe juice and possibly the most versatile on the market. Go to juice for those indecisive times. Light years better than Aventus. I own both and the Aventus is just a bottle in the cabinet to me. GIT does way more and last longer than Chrysler payments...

CGV
CGV

GIT is one of my favourite fragrances. It stands out with its perfectly composed green, cool freshness. Very optimistic and sophisticated yet not overdone so it remains a scent that simple to approach and wear. Total satisfaction with a very pleasing Irish vibe to it.

LanceDior
LanceDior

I tried this yesterday and honestly I wonder why on earth people still buy this. It smells exactly like Cool Water with a little bit of CK Eternity mixed in. The more natural ingredients hardly made a difference. If anything I think Cool Water is nicer because it's charming and refreshing, but this was felt cluttered and sour to me. Also I really hate the smell of Eternity which doesn't help. It's a shame because I love SMW and Aventus.

UPDATE

I tried this again after wearing cool water more often, and my opinion has radically changed. I've worn cool water more than any other scent, and I can see this as being the version you wear when you've grown up. It's much deeper, earthier, sexier and much much classier. I ended up wearing my sample to a casino and it felt so appropriate. If I had the cash I would own it. Also the packaging is gentlemanly as f**k.

AndrewMoc
AndrewMoc

Absolutely love this stuff, considering my early thoughts on it were fairly negative.

Green, earthy, clean, soapy and masculine. Everything you could want in a daytime fragrance without being salty and aquatic. Perfect for Sunday morning use at the local coffee shop with a book in your hand or a daytime stroll with the windows down. Definitely all year round for me in SoFla, but meant for the daytime. Undoubtedly similar to Cool Water and Aspen (take a bottle of both, combine 50/50 and voilà) I unfortunately will never own a full bottle at Creeds price tag. Would I consider under $100? Sure. The fact is it does smell much better than either CW or Aspen, but longevity on my skin and clothes is just as piss poor. Key word here is reapply.

johannbale
johannbale

From my fragrance wardrobe, Chanel Egoiste Platinum was very similar to Creed GIT on its opening. IMO, there was almost no difference between them for the first 15 minutes. Anyway, Creed GIT was the winner after the dry down.

Scent 7/10
Sillage 8/10
Longevity 7/10

overall 73/100

Recommended!

Antares811
Antares811

Just bought this today as a Birthday present for my brother. Wow! Great male scent! Very charismatic and sophisticated. Highly recommended, men.

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

The only Creed scent worth the dough. Classic, refined, and timeless. This resonates particularly well in the Spring - just as temperatures start to warm. Slightly woody, slightly sweet, and very green. There are some decent imitators out there (you know them), but this is really the father of the modern woody aquatic.

manzoor86
manzoor86

a lotus lack with muddy water and lots of frogs and fish...
lemon verbena draws it vibrant,violets draws it mature and deep.i'm in total love with it,
its a perfume for a very gorgeous man who does not keep secrets,his heart lies in his hip pocket,and he is ready to anything.
well done Creed!
the sexiest blend of violets with iris.

nugrahartowinsu
nugrahartowinsu

finally i got this perfume ..
the fragrance is classic for me and i love it.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This cologne is simply awesome. Must have for any collector. Just have to pay that hefty price tag but this is very fresh and so clean. Bought a decant and quickly went through the decant.

sherryberry
sherryberry

I absolutely love the way this smells on a man!! I also heard that Cary Grant wore this. I always thought he was great, and I know he had great taste!!

Minapia
Minapia

Yes, there might be some noticeable differences between GIT and Cool Water but both are very similar to thousands on the shelves...

RUDOLFO512

Green Irish Tweed is my favorite fragrance from the Creed line. To me it smells fresh, clean and sophisticated. I like that it can be worn every day of the year.
I don't understand why people compare Green Irish Tweed to Cool Water. To me they DO NOT smell the same. Each fragrance has their own unique style.
Green Irish Tweed has style, lots and lots of style.

soloManolo
soloManolo

I think its almost silly how good of a fragrance GIT really is!That price though... :o UPDATE: Just got it. I really cant get the comparison with cool water.i have them both now, the one is totally fresh green (GIT) and the other is aquatic (CW).

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

I would need to smell this again to give a proper review, but I can say for certain that it smells nothing like "Cool Water". Daft comparison.

Cool Water is like salt spray with that brutish, synthetic calone and seawater combo. It's undeniably aquatic, whereas "Green Irish Tweed" is more leafy and the iris gives it a slight powdery texture. There is that piercing clarity to the notes, but it doesn't smell synthetic or bitter in the way that Cool Water can.

Not my kind of scent necessarily, but definitely leagues above Cool Water.

kavcakar
kavcakar

first wear it and be patien 5 minute. it ll be ur signature fragrance. everything is wonderfull after 5 minute

galoguiu
galoguiu

This was the first Creed fragrance house that I bought.
On my skin was very good.
Fragrance: 5/5
Silage: 5/5
Praise: 5/5
Goes great in summer or winter.
In my opinion very much worth the experience.
Smell great!
You to me is Great Green IrishTweed.

bcray82
bcray82

Definitely green - aquatic, fresh. I don't get the "powdery" note. Definitely masculine but copied and bastardized by drug store body spray. A very expensive Burberry Weekend. Easy to wear, isn't loud or offensive - that being said, I'm not impressed. It's starting to smell dated.

DMA
DMA

Dont be fooled if your not to sure on first sniff, this ones definitley a creeper...

I have tested this fragrance thorougly, i think ive had at least 4 samples from Creed and also tested on numerous occasions from legitimate stores supplying this brand.

You no that guy that everyones seen before, your at that party, theres this stranger in the corner sitting quietly while everyone else is being the centre of attention and having a fun time.

Hes probally not perfectly groomed but he is good looking, and comes across as quite aloof. He doesnt appear to care about the latest trends in fashion, but he looks good, hes wearing a well fitted pair of jeans and white t shirt, hes not a show off.

That guy i can assure you is not lacking in confidence, he is very self assured, he doesnt need to prove anything to anyone.

The truth is everyone probally wants to no him at the party, but he comes across as a little shy maybe until you get to no him...

He just likes to smell what he percieves as good, he doesnt care if oud or gourmands are the height of fashion, its totally irrelevant to him. This guy is a real man, not the egotistical alphamale like everyone else appears to be in the room. He is probally quite family orientated and once you get to no him youll realise how caring and charming he really is, and hell probally prove to be a loyal and relliable friend for life.

Yes you guessed it, that guys signature scent is GIT.

I cant quite put my finger on what it is... Ultimatley this a simple refined masculine fragrance that is fresh and clean with some body, depth and soul to it, but it can give off a reflective, broody, emotional and slightly introverted vibe... Its taken me a while but im smitten.

Raqtan
Raqtan

Vibes explosion at the beginning. It vibrated my nose.

Cool Water came to my mind at the beginning with the top note but GIT has more intensity.

It is simply a fresh, sharp, masculine fragrance.

tarekh020
tarekh020

The Best ever ,elegance and classy in a bottle , will teleport you instantly to a heavenly mod ,the road to the heaven ,never got bored of it

Odysseus
Odysseus

I will let you in on a well kept secret: the Trojan War was not fought over the beautiful Helen, but over a stolen bottle of Green Irish Tweed from king Menelaos's palace, in ancient Sparta! The scent of gods and royalty, worn by Zeus himself...

The fragrance is rich, fresh, sporty and unforgettable. My condolences to all those poor souls who lack the olifactory acuity to distinguish this gem from Cool Water. If you have smelt it and were not impressed, then you smelled a FAKE. Imitation is the greatest form of flatery and GIT is the most counterfeited cologne, so buyer beware!

The most versatile men's cologne. Perfection in a bottle. The scent that launched 1000 ships...

Oh. My. God.

Some of you know me, have read my reviews. I like to paint a picture, form an image with words to convey the experience that the perfumes bring.

I have never been moved to tears by a scent.

Until now.

Yes, Cool Water and even Aspen are similar.

You can take Robert Plant. You can take Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones. You can pair them up with any bull-stud musician you like + Jason Bonham: But you will never have Led Zeppelin again.

Same here.

Green Irish Tweed. A masterpiece in a singular sense. Perfection in a bottle. And on my wrists. And in my shirt. Try it.

usas
usas

Signature scent.

Green, fresh, can't find anything to dislike in this one. Or maybe... I wish its lasting power was a little better.
I really dig the smell of my clothes the day after having worn GIT.

sussex2
sussex2

It is plain to see why Green Irish Tweed is compared to Cool Water. I have always loved Cool Water so its no surprise that I also love GIT.

The main difference for me is a noticeable violet note in GIT compared to a bright muskiness in CW. They share an aquatic character although I find it is more prominent in GIT. Hopefully I won't upset too many people by noting that the aquatic notes in GIT remind me of Secretions Magnifique – albeit a “light” version dressed up with a lot of high-quality ingredients. There is also a slight resemblance to Grey Flannel in my opinion.

I have always thought CW had something of a clean detergent type scent. Like smelling an item of clothing taken straight from the washing machine. I could compare GIT to the same but after a very expensive fabric softener has been added during the wash.

GIT is more refined than CW and smells more expensive – which of course it is. They are both fantastic and I couldn't say if one is better than the other.

And so ends my justification for owning a bottle of each.

robg303
robg303

Oh wow, this is certainly one of my favorite scents!

It's also the most mature fragrance in my collection, but not in a grandpa sort of way, but rather more buttoned up, suave and sophisticated. It's aromatic, fresh, a little green with a nice woodsy bottom. When I wear this I'm transported to a time when men were gentlemen, dressed up from head to toe and where being polite and civil was considered strong and masculine.

Like a nice shaving cream from the 1940's or a cool splash of cologne from the Rat-Pack era 60's, this scent says: "Hi, I'm a modern man about town, a little sporty, well groomed and stylish, but I remember and respect the traditions of the men who came before me."

abdul hammad

If we talk about the time during which the fragrance is to be worn,GIT could easily be the best amongst all creeds since it can be worn anytime.Another good option could be Aventus.

Kjordan441
Kjordan441

This is the real deal. Major class. Just jumped over YSL L'Homme as my top fragrance. My wife goes ape over the YSL, but even she admits that this just smells sexier without trying hard. It's safe for the office, lasts through the day and is great after a stress relieving workout at the gym. Client meetings, dinner with friends, date night with my wife, it manages well in most situations I find myself in. I layer my fragrances so I never have to over do it - body wash, deodorant, and a light application behind the ears and....voila....magic!

And do not worry about longevity. Even if you don't smell it on yourself, others will well after you have applied it.

It's in the upper price range but most high quality items, fragrance or otherwise, usually are. My recommendation, spend the money on two or three fragrances you really like instead of accumulating mediocre, predictable scents that collect dust on the shelf until you "rediscover" them in some endless search for a scent that really inspires you.

donnie12
donnie12

the first time i smelled this, it was love at first sniff. i know you're going to hate me for saying this, but it does have that cool water vibe at first. dries down to a soapy floral. i have all love for this. very versatile and smooth. it gives you that feeling of accomplishment whenever your wearing this. again, batches... i have the dreaded 2010 batch. i loved it. but due to curiosity, i got a 75 ml of the 2011 batch. indeed it smelled stronger and 'manlier'. the 2011 also lasted longer. but i still love my 2010 bottle coz it introduced me to whole different appreciation of fragrances. if you spray 3-4 of the 2011 juice, you get a whole day of manly freshness. with the 2010, i find that i have to spray 5-7 to improve the longevity. this is an all round fragrance that is very versatile. i'm a lawyer and i wear this to the office or board meetings. i also wear this during weekends and my wife loves it. this introduced me to the niche world. and i dont see any brand doing better than good ol' Creed.

scentsy64
scentsy64

So, I risked it for a biscuit and blind bought this, even though I had cool water. A few sprays later, this is in no way, shape or form related to cool water, at all!. Very elegant scent, not an aquatic/marine, but fresh, clean and green. It slowly develops into a nice subtle but present dry down of musky, almost woody floral. Beastly projection, moderate-Long longevity, and an over all masterpiece. Try it before dismissing it as an expensive alternative to CW, they are not even in the same game let alone league.

vmann393
vmann393

finally I got myself a bottle of the this it's the one of the most elegant scents I have tried after 20 years its still going strong , having said that i did compliments on this from the women saying "oh that's nice what is that, you smell good" the scent says it all.

Projection 9

Silage 10

Longevity 10

Scent 10

overall i give this one 10/10

fooluae
fooluae

rely cool water smell like shave cheap alcholic green

these GIT smell quality fresh so clean grassy green which is different

dont get fooled by cool water show face up or who sayed smell to close

use your nose and i dare u to smell both cool water and GIT

then come here ))

Dan England
Dan England

I just received a few samples of GIT in the mail along with Aventus, Tuscan Leather, and Tobacco Vanille. I though I'd throw on a couple of GIT sprays and see if the heavens opened etc. etc. such has been the hype for Creed fragrances.

I've heard about people getting instantly complimented on their fragrance of choice, but I thought that was a bunch of BS. I shit you not, I stepped out of my apartment just now, and before I could get to the main door of the building, a woman passed me by, turned around and said "Oh, you smell GOOD!" WTF?! It actually does happen! I don't wear fragrances for other people, but I had to tell you guys about that.

That was 3 minutes after putting it on. The top for me is a little strong, but we'll see what the dry down brings...

sidewalks
sidewalks

I find the top notes to be too soapy for my liking. The dry-down and basenotes is where it's at.

Sunflower77
Sunflower77

A classic from Creed. Cool, fresh, masculine, zero sweetness. Can be worn at work, at home, doing sports, very versatile. Personally, I prefer a little sweetness or feminine quality in a men's fragrance, not a lot, just a hint. That's why I prefer Silver Mountain Water, Millesime Imperial, or Virgin Island Water over GIT. Nonetheless, GIT is a classic scent that deserves its popularity.

Filetoui
Filetoui

I have no problem paying for a quality product; Natural ingredients over chemicals any day. Get a proper test from a reputable store and wear it for at least two days. Don't overlay with any other scent. It's a classic scent with excellent projection and sillage. Keep this in your collection for Spring and early Summer.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

The only thing not to like here is the price. GIT is a great fragrance.Clean and green, mature and refined with great longevity.If your hooked on violet leaf like I am GIT is everything your looking for. I love it.

jaylim87
jaylim87

I got 4 ml and 9 ml decants for sale! PM me if interested!

ateghipc
ateghipc

Classic but fairly unmemorable and slightly outdated to me. I understand the love for this fragrance, but like most Creeds, it's not for me.

Oslo-fjord

A high class quality fragrance from Creed that smells very good. Absolutely worth having in a Creed collection, but I choose Millesime Imperial and Original Santal over this one. For people that are used to niche fragrances, it doesn't have the big "wow" factor. A very safe scent. You can't go wrong with this one.

mfire
mfire

عطری مردانه از شرکت کرید, خنک و تلخ با بوی بسیار طبیعی، سبز و فوق العاده! یک شاهکار از کرید با پخش بوی مناسب و ماندگاری متوسط...
ضمنا عطر افراده مشهوری چون پرنس چالز و مایکل دوگلاس هم هست...
مناسب فصل بهار، تابستان و پاییز
پیشنهاد استفاده در مهمانیها و مراسم ویژه
حدود قیمت 450 هزار تومان برای 120 میل
پخش بو: 8/10
ماندگاری: 5/10
رایحه: 9.75/10

sameh
sameh

Green Irish Tweed is very good one from creed & im trying 2 say my own humble opinion with out the many positive reviews , it's a complement getter , my wife likes it BUT I find my self love Imperial Millesime over GIT any time ( the fruit and sea salt ) works grate on me !
P.S. I still have bottle from both.

lasdo
lasdo

Compré 3 muestras de Creed: Aventus, Imperial y Green Irish Tweed. De los 3 el que más me entusiasmaba probar era GIT, luego de leer cientos de comentarios y revisiones estaba seguro que me encantaría.

Cuando al fin llegaron, lo probé con la seguridad de que lo disfrutaría y...
No era lo que imaginaba, es verdad que es fresco y aroma fino pero no me pareció La Maravilla que describen muchos.

Definitivamente es un aroma de calidad, pero no es mi favorito y no pagaría por una botella grande.

Por otro lado, me recuerda un poco a Millesime Imperial pero todavía prefiero Imperial al GIT, en fin, por eso es importante probar antes de comprar una fragancia así de cara.

calificación en genaral: 7/10

zbansingh
zbansingh

I get the comparisons to coolwater, however coolwater Is more of a spiritual predecessor than an imitation. Coolwater is cheap synthetic ingredients and it is very very easily to tell the difference between GIT.
GIT is an amazing scent, like hiking through a forest, so fresh and green.
The price tag is the only drawback. However I was lucky I found it at winners (Canada) for half off!
With all the amazing things I heard about GIT I had to buy it.
I am so happy I did, this fragrance is WONDERFUL!
Longevity 10/10
Scent 10/10
Overall- 10/10
A must have for fragrance collectors. You won't be disappointed, even with a blind buy.

jude1321
jude1321

My second Creed, just purchased. A very nice, non-offensive scent that Cool Water tried to copy, but didn't come close. This juice smells amazing, and has decent longevity and good projection. Creeds don't have the best longevity in the world, but others can smell you when you can't. so remember when you don't smell it, others still can. Creeds are highly unique in that way. Any cologne collector must have GIT in their lineup. A more sophisticated and deeper Cool Water that is perfect for the Summer.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

The house of creed are trendsetters, well except for OS. Green Irish Tweed is a remarkable and first of its kind fragrance. The only other frag that comes close is of course Cool Water but, GiT does it way more natural! Then that ambergris drydown slaps on CW...... This smells nothing like Kiton.

Jamie1983
Jamie1983

Nice, but for the money, Kiton for men does everything this does only BETTER! And for less than half the price!!!

Scentica2009
Scentica2009

Been contemplating buying this for a while and finally got a bottle today. As for the Cool Water comparison, yes, I can definitely see this. At first, it's very fresh and has a kind of marine vibe, after half hour, dries down and has a clean, fresh and natural scent, similar to Himalaya but with a sharp green note over a lovely floral base which I guess is coming from lavender. This is a very nice fragrance, more on the masculine side to be unisex. It is a frag for any occasion, and could be worn day or night. I do really like this but longevity is not good. Definitely shouts quality and when compared directly to Cool Water....well errm ....Cool Water.....pfffft!

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

SKIPPING THRU THE HEBRIDES..

humming an Irish ditty...and it's 72 degrees...with a gentle breeze...and I'm wearing a kilt...with no undies on.

Yes, that's me and my GIT.

Finally, I've decided to bite the bullet and fork out on a Creed fragrance to see what all the fuss is about.
I'm by no means a snob and was truly hoping this would be great after weighing up the notes and making a careful choice.
Thankfully, I have been rewarded. This fragrance is magical! I totally understand the cool water comparisons and I really like it but truly this has more depth for me.
It's botanical, herbal, almost menthol notes at times truly layered and beautiful on my skin when it settles down.
It's just a pleasure an absolute pleasure and very masculine indeed.
I hear Clint Eastwood wears it...of course he does!
Who doesn't want to smell like dirty Harry?
It's pricey but worth it...If it wasn't I would just say so....Just get it.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Finally, I've come to review the king of recommendations himself! Generally, to address the usual debate, I'll say that Cool Water starts sharper, becomes fruitier, and finishes stronger, so it's up to you whether those differences are good or bad. Right off the bat, it's crisp and violetty, kind of a purplish green. The freshness is very invigorating, yet manages to avoid the sharp burning sensation that the topnotes of Cool Water have. I'm detecting just a little bit of spearmint this time, which I don't recall from before; hopefully I haven't already fried my nose from all my reviewing today. It also has a sickly, sappy component which I don't recall, and even though it's convincingly natural, it's very distasteful to me. I'm really confused at these variations, unless my decant and my initial sample vial were from very different batches. After a while, the crisp coolness starts to get irritating, and I don't find it as believable as in the GIT clones Caswell-Massey Greenbriar and Floris JF. There's always this slight, artificially creamy, metallic, candy-like edge to GIT which never really sits right with me, even though I'm sure it's a perfectly natural plant note. There's violet in the base too, but I'll cut them some slack this time because it's more stemmy and less florid. The real drag with this stuff is that it's nearly gone on my shirt by the end of the day, which I think is almost unacceptable at these prices. Later, when I get around to reviewing their Green Valley, I'll discuss why I think that one outdoes GIT at its own game, if only subtly, but in ways that I personally appreciate.

Budman
Budman

Finally got some authentic GIT. The legend itself. Smells clean, fresh and soapy. Right away I get the CW comparison. Very easy for GIT to be lost by the general masses just thinking you are wearing CW. But doing a tester side-by-side one can smell a difference. Big difference IMO. GIT smells a little more "earthy mossy" in the drydown while CW still has its fresh opening and tad synthetic vibe.

Would I buy genuine GIT for what it goes for? Yes. That is just me. For same reasons a fine Scotch drinker pays for the better ones. BUT one could NO wrong choosing CW and in fact it would be the more sane choice considering the price difference. Especially since you'll most likely be associated for wearing CW anyway should you do spring for GIT.

--UPDATE. After a few more hours, GIT smells even more like CW now. So top/middle smell different between the two as noted above, but end result true drydown is so close I have hard time telling them apart at this point.

Go4broke

The differences between this and cool water? You can tire of cool water, but you can never tire of this.

fuckoff123
fuckoff123

Good and distinct scent. Dry, green, fresh with just a slight floral touch. Does not last as long as i was expecting it to. It went down to a skin scent within 3 hours on my skin.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Overrated fragrance though it doesn't smell so bad, just plain and boring. GIT is very similar to Cool Water, but it doesn't have that nasty lavender note that CW has. Overall, not bad but not worth the price.

Update: Changed my mind on this. Excellent fragrance. Smells very expensive and invigoratingly fresh. It smells like an extremely refined Cool Water, with a more smooth feeling. Will definitely consider picking this up once I load up on cash ;)

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

dry down reminds me of 212 ...love this stuff..smells fresher than Chez Bond..too bad it doesn't last long had to swap my bottle... : (

Roge'
Roge'

...You know a fragrance is good when you're purposely looking for the "Green Irish Tweed Killer". This is an unforgettable scent. The aroma is strong, sporty, and virile, absolutely no femininity. One of the best fougere scents ever made. This is extremely greenly. Just like with most creed's, longevity will probably become an issue leading into that 2nd hour of wear. It all depends on your skin....Obviously, this is a summertime delight. No need to layer this with anything. It's an event all by itself.

drofwonders
drofwonders

This is hopefully an honest review from a fan. Fifteen years ago, I "discovered" GIT via articles about what kind of cologne celebs wear, went online, and bought a bottle. I was (and am) hooked! Some thoughts:

First, disregard the comparisons between GIT and Cool Water. Just compare the ingredients (online at Fragrantica) and you'll see for yourself that while they share 2-3 notes, CW is much more complex, synthetic, and goes in a completely different direction that GIT does.

GIT is a simple, elegant, smooth, unique, manly composition. Three ingredients make it that way: Violet affords it a refreshing "green" vibe, and two of the best basenotes around -- Sandalwood and Ambergreis. The drydown development and projection is amazing! And, it's long-lasting. And, it's a year-round frag. I never tire of it, and it garners plenty of elevator complements . . .

Second, watch out for fakes! This Creed is so popular that everybody and his brother have tried to sell fake versions of it. If you get GIT from anyone but Creed Website, you need to get a guarantee from the seller that it's 100% authentic. Beware!

Third, one bonus of GIT is that it layers very well with other colognes. Example: It layers outstandingly with these Creeds: Silver Mountain Water, Royal Oud, and Aventus (the new "Rock Star" of Creed). You will be amazed at the end result! And, it goes well with so many non-creeds. Experiment for yourelf. Right now, I layer it with the new Polo Red, and the result is wonderful!

Here's the bottom line for a confessing cologneaholic: Buy this stuff! You will absolutely LOVE it!

amirabbas
amirabbas

Finally I got a sample for this one. I've never had tested something similar to it and the first feeling after applying it was it's so natural. You don't feel that you wear a perfume. It’s very smooth and pleasing.

At first you feel lemon, floral scents and fresh green note. After around 30 minute the lemon scent will go away and violet scent will come to the scene. The middle note is floral but the manly one. It very pleasing and unobtrusive. Dry-down notes are also beautiful and interesting.

I couldn't find any special things in it. It’s OK and I love it but it’s not that special.
To me it’s green, soft and classy.

Longevity is also good on my skin. It projects for 3 hours and I can feel it on my skin after 7 hours.

Very good but unfortunately overpriced :(

بالاخره سمپل این عطر به دستم رسید. تا به حال عطری مشابه به این عطر رو تست نکرده بودم. اولین حسی که بعد از استفاده از این عطر داشتم این بود که بوی خیلی طبیعی داره. به نظر نمیرسه که عطر استفاده کرده باشید. بوش خیلی خوب با پوست ترکیب میشه. خیلی بوی نرم و آرامش بخشی داره

اول احساس می کنید که مخلوطی از بوی گلها، گیاهان تازه و بوی لیمو و مرکبات میده. بعد از نیم ساعت این بو ضعیف میشه و بوی ملایم بنفشه بیشتر میشه که خیلی آرامش بخش و خوبه و اصلا بوی مزاحم و تندی نداره و با اینکه بوی گل خیلی زیاده ولی بوی زنانه نمی ده و بوی گلها هم مردانه هست.

چیز خاصی توش ندیدم. عطر خوبیه ولی ویژه و خیلی خاص نیست به نظرم. نظر شخصی ام اینکه که بوی طراوت و تازگی میده، خیلی نرم و با کلاسه.

ماندگاریش روی پوست من خوب بود. تا سه ساعت پخش بو داشت و تا 7 ساعت هم روی مچ دستم استشمامش می کردم.

خیلی عطر خوبیه ولی متاسفانه قیمتش هم خیلی بالاست

kitti90
kitti90

yes, it smells like cool water.
but you can easily tell the difference.
GIT smells more natural,sweeter and more flowery if that makes sense.
and its not as fresh as cool water. they are more similar in the end, but i got to say that this is very natural compared to CW.
fresh and synthetic = cool water
sweet(a bit too sweet for me) and natural = GIT

iancasanova
iancasanova

a white collar man who is busy & dedicated to his work in the morning" in the afternoon he's either at the gym or at the court playing basketball or any physical sport.. yet he is able to have fun with family or friends during the night.. and to end the cold night he knows how to caress and romance his lady" seriously this is how i view GIT" refined & classy, fresh & masculine, easy to wear & exudes confidence, warm & sexy at the end.. its a complete package!!! what more can you ask for?? its true that its a cool water at the beginning but dont worry its only in the beginning where its just the only good phase in cool water" im very keen on choosing fragrances, really" its hard for me to get impressed maybe because im a bit perfectionist.. and GIT is my top 2 favourite! i would never choose cool water over this" though cool water is good in his territory.. and ooh it smells better than aventus..

rprovenz
rprovenz

I do get a hint of cool water..but not for long..a breathtaking classic....sniff this one out

jhitt793
jhitt793

I get fresh cut herbs followed quickly by gentle and powdery floral notes. Faint soapiness quality. Iris and violet leaf are the star here. Imagine a walk in the spring country side after a rain shower. Perhaps not quite worthy of the ubiquitous praise and hype online, but undeniably a beautiful and timeless scent. (3)

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

I first came across Green Irish Tweed in a Gentleman's Magazine in 2000. It rated Green Irish Tweed as the BEST Men's Fragrance of all time! It wasn't until 2006 that I was able to aquire my first bottle in Australia. That morning I was converted! I finally found the scent that sent me into fragrance nirvana! This is my signature scent and nothing comes close to it! Sure there are many other beautiful fragrances but Green Irish Tweed is so unique, so elegant and so timeless that it's little wonder is favored by Royalty, Celebrities and Fragrance Afacionados around the globe.

b360
b360

creeds classic is just incredible.....very similiar to egoiste platinum in longevity and drydown...two sprays last all day nice and strong enough..to all those who compare this to cool water tho??.....not even close.... you guys got to realize that you have a bootleg version of this scent....many bogus bottles of irish tweed out there.....n the imitations are harsh cool water smellin formulas....beware of almost all the 4 oz black bottles cuz they r bad fakes.....n if yer smellin cool water you have been gotten

I got Green Irish Tweed as a gift several years ago. Because it was a gift, I used it until it ran out. Otherwise I would probably have given it away.
I do enjoy the powdery iris & violet in this fragrance, and also the basil is a nice touch, but lemon verbena and me do not get along. It turns astringent and reminiscent of cleaning products on my skin.
Green Irish Tweed is a perfectly nice scent, but to me, not mind blowing or impressive.
I'm not really the target market Green Irish Tweed is going for, so you can take it with a grain of salt. I feel like this fragrance smells perfectly "nice" and "clean" etc etc, but so do a lot of other fragrances from a lot of other brands.

kazewayz
kazewayz

It's a nice scent. It's very common to other things in the market. It would make a good summer scent or maybe spring. It's fresh, citrusy, earthy. Great quality. Try it.

hrivera15
hrivera15

I put one spray early in the morning at about 8am and at around 6pm I was in a computer lab doing homework when a woman passed by me and said "My,you smell so good!" That sums it up. In my opinion it is a strong cologne so I only need one spray to do the trick. Smells very classy. Definitely not for boys or immature men. Beware of fakes though. Definitely would buy at a reputable dealer.

shreif
shreif

The difference between green irish tweed and cool water is the difference between smoething good made and something bad made that's it .
Yes creed is over priced but it's a quality fragrance no doubt .
GIT IS REAL PLEASURE FROM TOB TO BASE AND I DON'T CARE HOW OLD IT IS OR HOW MUCH IT'S BECAME COMMON .

mo212
mo212

Here is the question i would ask, what if you get the chance to have GIT or CW at the same price, which one will you take?
Honestly, i didnt try CW before and I got GIT couple of weeks ago in a good price. and i found it overrated way too much. I guess because people pay a lot for it so they want to believe that what they paid for is worth it.
I didnt like the perfume and i was expecting something more unique by the reviews written here (I usually blind buy my perfumes according to the reviwes here).

GMK
GMK

After sampling it multiple times my immediate question was 'WHATS NEW' which i havn't tried or smelt earlier except the amplified linear violet note which remains at base alongwith ambergris and cant let ambergris to make a powdery effect.

in my opinion there is a lot of fragrances which are created on same structure i.e. Cool Water, Aspen or Grey Finanel to some extent, so whats the big deal..........

Here comes the HYPE which has been created by spending millions on advertisement. the only thing i appreciate abt GIT is separation of note otherwise its not worthy of the praise and price.

A Generic Fresh Scent which can be worn in office ( if applied moderately ).

Kimmy89
Kimmy89

Not nice IMO. My bf was trying some out for his Bday and this was just 'Old Man'. Went with Chanel Bleu...now that is sexy.
For a lot of women, warm spicy citrus scents on a man go down the best!

Caist
Caist

"Any man with money would wear that fragrance." I was told.

Yep, I'd say so. And then I'd show you to your seat at the Golden Corral, or shout your numbers out at bingo night.

Don't age yourself with this one, it takes too many steps back into classic formulation. Wonderful character, great history, but I don't need that type of lesson from Creed.. just give me goosebumps. We all know how Legendary you are.. as much as we know the Cold War was.

hornetz
hornetz

GIT is coolwater's dad that has the same opening notes but tells the story a little differently by showing maturity and finesse.Yes, I admit very similar to coolwater, then why spend all that money, well that depends entirely up to you. I have both in my arsenal however,GIT is for preserving that special memory. Moreover, GIT smells like you have traveled the world dodged secret agents and have led a James Bond existence whereas, cool water reminds me of Get Smart.

As mentioned above the opening notes are similar to coolwater, but the drydown with GIT transforms it into something fresh and unique, women have always loved it and this thing lasts forever. GIT will always be by my side when I feel that 007 rush..

del
del

Everything has been said about Green Irish Tweed already, so I’m going to make this concise, and avoid any Cool Water comparison:

GIT starts with strong but well-rounded green or leafy notes matched with lemony scent; sometimes it almost smells like garden plants. GIT transitions smoothly to the middle as the floral notes emerge with some non-sugary sweetness. Few hours later, GIT dries down to a sweet, musky scent. Longevity is average on my skin, but longer on fabric though; the scent projects strongly in the beginning, but gradually fades in the next couple of hours.

Overall, GIT is a natural-smelling, fresh, clean fragrance with a sporty vibe and great versatility. A solid starting niche fragrance for all ages, as Green Irish Tweed is a timeless classic. Two thumbs-up for this Creed.

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

Today I did a little experiment and placed a sample of Cool and Green Irish Tweed on cards and checked them several times over a few hours. The initial opening was kind of close but the GIT stayed more organic scented as Cool Water was more synthetic. As they both hit the heart and base notes they smell much different from each other to me. Both still good though. At this point I still give GIT the win, but Cool Water is still a great. In the heart notes base notes they are completely different....in my opinion and my anyway. I would say they don't really smell the same after my experiment and one is not a clone of the other.

alphaketo
alphaketo

First time I felt the need to leave a review. So i received a small vial of GIT as a gift. Just to see what all the hubbub was about I spray it in the morning. Notice how fresh and nice it smelled. I could understand why people like it, but i told myself that it wasn't really that special to me. After i finish getting dressed I realize I can't smell anything. I'm thinking, "this must be a mistake I just gave myself a pretty good spray down." So I go back and reapply. An hour later, I have the same issue. By the middle of the day there isn't even a hint of the GIT and i'm thinking of what I may have in my gym bag that i can apply. Then it starts: "what are you wearing?!"; "Damn! you smell good!" Then even the men, "what is that? I gotta get some."
So finally I ask a colleague that had just commented what exactly she was smelling because I couldn't smell anything and was getting kind of upset that I had spent money on it based on hype. She said she smelled everything in just the right way.
And, mind you, this is the first time i've ever gotten a compliment on a fragrance from a non-romantic partner without asking for an opinion first.

So GIT smells amazing, it is the lady-killing show-stopper that everyone claims it is, but I will never know because apparently my nose can't detect it at all.

I'm gonna try out cool water and see if i get the same response. If not, looks like I might shell out the bucks for a full bottle...someday

lantodak

abdul hammad tq 4 ur opion...
another question if i want flexible wearing at day and night which 1 creed products is better.
and can u all share opion if i looking some perfume strong and lasting what kind ingredient should i know..

@Iantodak,

Talking about longevity and sillage GIT is remarkably better than SMW.

But if we talk about the scent then in my humble opinion GIT just can't compete with SMW.SMW is absolute beauty!I am not saying that GIT is a bad scent but it's just that you might find it boring.

Anyways the best I can give you is an advice that you should try both of them yourself and then let your nose decide.

lantodak

hye..i just wonder which one better git or smw?

aeterno76
aeterno76

Cool Water vs. Green Irish Tweed...another take on the comparison.

I wore Cool Water in my early youth, well before I even heard of Green Irish Tweed (despite the fact GIT came out first). After I started collecting fragrances, I smelled some Green Irish Tweed; I thought it smelled nice, but my first thought was that it reminded me of Cool Water. A lot.

For some reason I never thought to compare the two side by side. I did so yesterday. Cool Water was sprayed on one arm, Green Irish Tweed on the other.

Without going into details of the notes, the two remained very similar, even exactly the same at a lot of moments. Green Irish Tweed smelled SLIGHTLY greener after about 3 hours than Cool Water, where Cool Water had a slight sharpness (probably the "synthetic" note some detect or the aquatic note). Green Irish Tweed had faded away 8 hours later while Cool Water was still present. But overall, the two are 95%-98% the same...same smell, same quality. I even polled people; anyone familiar with fragrances thought Green Irish Tweed was Cool Water and thought it smelled great. Even the seasoned Neiman's fragrance consultant could not tell them apart.

Whether you want to spend $300 on a bottle of GIT when you can spend a fraction of that on CW is up to you. If the 2% variation of notes makes that much of a difference, then purchase GIT. Since with me it comes down to if I like the smell, I would opt for CW over GIT. It's not a issue of it being within means or without means; it's about principal. If it costs that much, let me pay for supreme quality and unquestioned exclusiveness. I won't spend that money on something with a virtual twin for a fraction of the cost. Give me something that’s worth the money and to me, GIT is not worth the money as long as CW exists.

There is a segment of the population that just wants to say, "Oh this fragrance I'm wearing? It's Green Irish Tweed...it's $300 a bottle..." Personally, I never mention the cost of the Virgin Island Water, Aventus, or Grey Vetiver people like to smell on me. I don’t feel the need to. And if I ever came across something that smelled identical to any of those for a fraction of the cost, I would buy it.

Maybe there's a segment that is enamored by the fact that Cary Grant, George Clooney and other celebrities use(d) it as a signature. George Clooney’s tastes are not mine. The people I’m close to like my selections just fine…

Like I said earlier, the choice is yours. Keep in mind when making your decision that plenty of people believe the two to be, regardless of what a trained nose of an aficionado thinks, similar scents. The proof of that is in the discussion and debates that we all see over the two.

bigrube22
bigrube22

I just love this stuff real nice fragrance

kambelz
kambelz

Easily the best blended green scent on the market today. The opening is a very authentic verbena and violet mixture. It gives off a very crisp vibe throughout the whole fragrance. It doesn't really evolve and just gets lighter. Longevity is spotty on me. And many people have thought I was wearing cool water, of course.

However, I now tend to think it is a waste of money for the price, and can't see myself dropping that much money for this any time soon. There are other cheaper green scents out there that smell great. GIT also doesn't necessarily give off a "rich guy smell" like you get with some of the other creeds. In other words you won't really stand out and make people think you are wearing the best of the best. I prefer Cool Water for the price, but I will always have a decant of GIT in my collection.

au naturale
au naturale

Floored. Absolutely floored by this one.

This is a fragrance that is hyped enough, but I am compelled to share my thoughts.
Being the skeptic that I am, this was low on my list of scents to buy. I mean, really? Can GIT be THAT good? Is it just the name, and reputation of those that are associated with this scent that makes people want to wear it?

My questions have now been answered.

I have smelled this on tester strips, and from multiple batches and was never impressed. I mean it smelled okay, but not to the level that people were raving about.

I had it all wrong...Today, I made the "mistake" of spraying it on my wrist, and it is difficult to put words to the impact it had.

The batch my 4oz. came from is A3211X01, and it is a showstopper.

All I can say is that for the first 30 minutes there is an intoxicating cinnamon note tucked into an iris petal. Then the smoothest Lemon Verbena steps forward.
The woods are vaguely there, but that cinnamon buzz is at the forefront of them. About an hour in, the Violet Leaf and Basil begin to poke out, but never take the lead over the Verbena. I don't detect any Vetiver Root at all, so they must use the leaves because there is a subtle green-freshness to this.
After a couple of hours, it sits an inch off the skin, which is alright. At this point the Iris takes over the reins and rides the basil into an amber sunset.
All the notes combine to form a unique fresh and warming scent. You cant just say it smells like one note. Very balanced, and expertly blended.

Great professional scent.
Can be used for clubs.
Ages 18+
Season= Year Round
Day/Night
Lasting, and powerful= easy on the sprays

Miles from what I expected.
This does not smell like it came from 1985, but more like 2085.
Cool Water? That is a stretch.

Put it on your skin and be enlightened.

4.85/5

Hoxx
Hoxx

I've waited a long time to try my first Creed, and while all I got was a nearly empty sample vial, I'd like to try to describe what I sensed.

First thing to clear - anyone comparing this one with CW has a point, they do share some similarities, but they are minimal. In terms of quality, versatility and uniqueness GIT blows CW away.

What you have in GIT is a scent of refined, classy people. A somewhat green - due to the prominent verbena and violet leaf combination of notes - opening leads to the floral, powdery iris and violet heart, all of that leading to one of the nicest sandalwoods I had the pleasure to feel. These are only the strongest notes, but the fragrance is way more complex than simply a pyramid I mentioned here.

While you can wear it pretty much anytime, with anything, I'd still point out a class of the perfume and its price tag. Both of those suggest that this is not your everyday scent, but a scent for special moments, best suited with a stylish, formal wear. The projection of GIT is solid and the longevity is monstrous - it lasts virtually forever.

One day, when I get a full bottle(it won't be soon, unfortunately), I'll update this, if needed. Right now, I'd say it's a scent every man should try someday in his life, a scent of a true gentleman.

9.5/10

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

This beguiling blend of floral, green and woody notes has achieved cult status around the world, and is Creed’s best selling fragrance.

From Richard Gere, Prince Charles, to Clint Eastwood and Nicholas Cage know and appreciate this fragrance.

Green Verbena, Violet Leaves, Florentine Iris, Sandalwood and Ambergris are subtly orchestrated to create a fragrance that is virile, elegant and irresistibly charming.

Top notes: Lemon, Verbena, Peppermint

Heart notes: Violet Leaves

Base notes: Iris, Sandalwood, Ambergris

Scent: Green

Definitely yes!
x

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

Im sorry.....I was an owner of Cool Water for years and Green Irish Tweed blows Cool Water out of the Water literally. This fragrance is elegant yet rich and powerful. Without a doubt I can detect Cool Water in G.I.T. but this is by far more in depth than an aqua/marine. It is an absolute pleasure to wear and I find myself constantly trying to smell myself throughout the day. I don't know how anyone can prefer Cool Water over G.I.T.

Sampat
Sampat

I like it, but i do find it overpriced and the bottle a bit cheap looking

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I wore it all day; it's nice. But a bit overrated, I think.

I can smell a likeness to Cool Water, when first sprayed. (I did a comparison on test strips.) But they diverge as time passes. Green Irish Tweed has a sharper green notes smell - Cool Water is a tad more perfumey.

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

Green Irish Tweed opens with a herbal ultra green accord, that reminds me of walking through a dewy wet valley at dawn brushing against moist tall grasses and ferns (I live in Ireland, so I really feel the Irish greenness of this) The heart softens away from the herbal accord and a soft apple note comes into play, sweetening and softening the journey in a special way, this sometimes reminds me of walking through an orchard. The drydown consists of the green apple giving way to the classic Creed ambergris accord, and leaves a tantalisingly fresh and inviting skin scent.

Great silage for 4-6 hours, and up to the 10 hour mark as a skin scent. Works great anytime, but incredible on a damp spring day, this is one on my favorites and will always have a place in my heart (and collection)..... Bravo!

the scent of life
the scent of life

I wanted to buy a new fragrance to my father who likes Cool Water and i did read here that this fragrance was similar but feeling more interesting. Actually to me it feels totally different than Cool Water, sorry guys.
With cool water GIT has in common the fact that it is very masculine and classic kind of cologne, but Green Irish Tweed is very green, herbal, it almost feels like walking in a green field somewhere in the countryside in late spring.
At the beginning you feel a strong lemon scent, but when it settle down the greenish note is dominant. I like it, it feels very special, not just another cologne.
Honestly i love it. I had my boyfriend tring for me and the sillage is amazing, also it stays on skin for hours.
I found the perfect cologne for my daddy!!!!

muffe
muffe

Overated. Better than coolwater though. Don't like either of them honestly.

omarilm1

Nothing compares to this is the smell of success. U have to keep this close by if u want to cheat ur self go ahead ill keep paying $350 + tax for something worth it... And please stop comparing cool water it's cheap and good for someone just getting started.

RUDOLFO512

Classical, sophisticated and very masculine! This is the only Creed fragrance that I own, and I love it. I wear it every year for St Patrick's Day because it reminds me of my trip to Ireland 6 years ago.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Very fresh scent, good for just out of shower type. Nothing wrong with this frag except that Aspen smells so similair and is so much more cheaper. Only thing that hurts it in my book. Why pay $200 when you can get basically same scent for $7? I know there are Creed fanboys who will argue and say its nothing like it, or that Aspen is for "cheap" people, I would just rather save my money on this one, buy a bottle of Aspen, and with money saved get yourself a nice Tom Ford, Jo Malone or something else.

bet85
bet85

I got my hands on a decanter of GIT. About 8mls. The atomizer had no label, but I knew it was GIT 2011 bacth x02. I was not a fan of the scent on my skin. So i gave the 8mls to my father, who knows nothing about fragrances. 2 weeks go by and my father asked me if I had any more of the "amazing cologne." lol. I was glad he liked, however thinking with my wallet i went for the cheap alternative. Cool Water. I told him it was the same fragrance. I know... I'm a bad son. Not knowing he still had a couple sprays left on the GIT, he compared them both and told me that I gave him a "bad bottle." lol. I love my father and I felt so bad i tried lying to him. So I bought him a 4oz bottle of GIT. I just hope he doesn't start thinking I'm his GIT supplier.

uxmanali
uxmanali

I don't know why people think it is similar to Cool Water.

The biggest difference is that Cool Water is an aquatic scent but GIT is fresh Woody floral.

An obvious in your face kind of aquatic note in Cool Water is missing from GIT.

Anyways, great fragrance....not sure about the longevity though.

FragFanTasTic
FragFanTasTic

This is hands down an amazing fragrance. My husband recently purchased it and the smell is amazing. The sillage on this juice is amazing, I can smell it from downstairs when he sprays it upstairs. It is definitely pricey but worth every penny. The package is elegant and it makes you feel like a million bucks. If you want to attract the ladies fellas then I highly recommend Creed Green Irish Tweed.

christmasinjanuary
christmasinjanuary

Love at first smell.....wanted to see what all the hype was so I ordered a sample and......mmmmmmmmm.......love at first smell

jaypleski
jaypleski

I've worn GIT on and off for about a year, and while I appreciate the fresh, authentic violet and iris scents in the opening, it just doesn't continue to perform on me. I get a vague sense of scented freshness but sadly nothing else, and I've rarely had anyone else notice it.

I'll continue to use it because it's a pleasant, high quality and thoroughly inoffensive fragrance, but this will be my one and only bottle. I just don't think it performs enough for the price, certainly not on me at any rate.

reza.julian
reza.julian

Try Champion black by alrehab perfumes, very similar with creed green irish tweed,very very cheap..smells so similar,..

Manofomega
Manofomega

I just received my 4oz bottle of GIT (Lot# A3211X03). I'm no good at describing notes and not willing to spend time learning them. What I can say is that I really love this fragrance. I put this on at 6:30 am this morning. It is now 1:30 pm and, after 7 hours, the juice is still going strong. I've read on Basenotes that any lot from 2011 is great. I can only say that this lot is really nice. BTW, I am not an employee of Creed. My comments are completely unsolicited.

raw umber
raw umber

I felt like time was moving in slow motion as I reached toward the bottle of GIT at Blue Mercury. After hearing so much about this fragrance, I was really interested. I was taken aback when I immediately realized that GIT smells like a more refined and sophisticated version of the ORIGINAL formula for Swiss Army for Men. The original SI is one of my favorite male fragrances of all time, and miraculously costs less than 40 bucks.

Since I hadn't yet looked at the notes for GIT, I went home and pulled up notes for both fragrances. Though of course they aren't an exact match, the parallels are there. For Swiss Army for Men: Top notes are green notes, yuzu, mint and bergamot; middle notes are rosemary, lavender, violet leaf and edelweiss; base notes are cypress, musk, balsam fir and cedar. Put That in your pipe and smoke it, Creed! (I have nothing against Creed).

If you have tried one but not the other (prices aside) I recommend doing a comparison. They are two renditions of the same gorgeous young man with a lust for adventure, a mischievous half-smile, the chiseled body of a deity, a gaze that can't be penetrated, and an independent heart.

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

out of all the creeds i sampled, green irish tweed is the one that not only worked best with my body chemistry but immediately captured me. everything about this fragrance is, in my opinion, perfect. masterfully blended and absolutely unforgettable. for a fragrance with such a minimal notes list this really packs a punch. this may have been made for men, but it certainly seems to garner a ton of attention from both genders when i wear it. women: don't let the gender specific classification put you off trying green irish tweed - myself and many other women love it - for good reason!

opening is bright - citrusy, green, lush. where terre de hermes channels nature through earthen minerals and leaves, green irish tweed channels nature through what i can only describe as fern-like, mossy musk. the drydown comes sooner than i'd like but is equally beautiful, though not as potent. the wafts of sandalwood, violet, and musk make me feel calm, grounded, but not too serious (if that makes any sense.)

the bottle is lovely, however i find the bottle dispenses more juice than i'd like. while this is obviously a matter of personal preference it does feel somewhat wasteful considering the price of creed fragrances. spraying myself on the chest and watching a bunch of it drift off elsewhere is mildly annoying.

sillage: 7/10
longevity: 4/10 (sorry creed, but for this much money it needs to hang around a bit longer than 3-4 hours)
price: 4/10 (again only because of the lack of longevity on my skin)

Freemason
Freemason

Smells like powdered Aspen.

tobbe.sjodin
tobbe.sjodin

Ok I bought this for like 1 week ago!
The presentation of the bottle is amazing! Love the black bottle it's so unique and timeless!
The smell was like I had expected like cool water but it feels so much more unique..it has more depth and more sophisticated! I love the smell! It's spring for me! Mossy and beautiful! I will wear this to the day I die...this is my everydayscent and I think my new signaturescent :)
I give this a 10/10!
my friend took 1 spray last night and we went to a party and I could smell him...amazing stuffs!
Most buy, YES!

chweintr
chweintr

This is a terrific scent. I am not sure any fragrance is really worth this kind of money but Green Irish Tweed is something special.

It begins very green --- parsley and basil-- grass stain... I don't really have any interest in smelling like that- so I am not a fan of the opening.
gives way after about 5 or ten minutes to a silky sweetness... like tapioca - and cedar

Aside from that salad of an opening, this is an excellent fragrance. daily scent.. if you can afford it..

Unisex

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

The opening greets you with the mysterious scent of Iris mixed with hints of sour citrus which most people think is lemon but is really verbena which short of does smell like lemon. I would say it is SLIGHTLY harsh but very fresh and most importantly mysterious, unique and has a lot of depth.

Second, the act, or second stage of this fragrance. This is the reason why this fragrance is what it is and only comes out if the fragrance is not old or an expired bottle purchased online or at a store front that doesn't sell enough of it. The middle notes are Violet leaves! that's all? Yes the opening contrasts against this like black and white. Your greeted with the most realistic, rich, earthy and noble violet leafs found on earth, radiating from your body.

Lastly the wood and ambergris come out at this point my opinion is that since all the ingredients are so well blended they all come to life again with the sweet aquatic scent of ambergris and the loved scent of sandalwood working together to create the perfect union of scents.

kambelzful
kambelzful

For me, this fragrance is very bland. I know a lot of people like it, but it just smells fine. Nothing wow's me about it. I like Chez Bond a lot better than GIT, it just smells more complete. I also like Eternity better than Cool Water.

It opens with a familiar violet leaf and mossy smell, that is found in a lot of fragrances. I get a little woods, and some greens, and that is it. It smells classy, and elegant, but is just way too bland for me.

Go4broke

I do get a bit tired of this being constantly compared to cool water. Are they similar? Yes. Are they the same? No. The whole point of niche fragrances being so expensive is so you won't smell like everyone else. You want to smell like 1 million or The One? Go ahead. You smell it everywhere. Its boring. Id rather smell unique. Most people either can't or won't pay this sort of money for a fragrance but for those who can, they will smell exclusive.

reiabaygar
reiabaygar

After searching for so long, gotch you though its very expensive but its worth the price. You wont go wrong with this one..its absolutely gorgeus!

williamvargas
williamvargas

i had been out of this for awhile and recently got another good sized sample of this from a friend , the magic is still there in this wonderful fragrance, i know a lot of people link it to cool water, but to me it so much more than that..i have compared them side by side and i can understand a little bit about the comparison, but the musky drydown and that creed signature note is ever present.. just gives it that extra oomph that expands this fragrance above and beyond.this is a winner!
well done!

SwagScent
SwagScent

This fragrance is overrated. It is a good sweet herbal fragrance that's versatile, but it doesn't deserve all of the hype it gets.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This is a real classic. It fades down beautifully so don't be put off by the slightly harsh top notes. I really love the sandalwood and ambergris drydown - comforting and snuggly. This is a fragrance to wear if you want women to cuddle up to you, it's not sexy or particularly contemporary though. It's more classic and conjures up images of high quality linen bed sheets, oak wardrobes, beeswax candles, in short, the smell of a gentleman, not for the man whose bedroom hasn't changed since his student years, it's a grown-up man fragrance!

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

Green Irish Tweed (GIT) is amazing (Batch #A3212A01)! A wonderful introduction (for me)to the Creed House. I was very cautious about purchasing GIT because of the comparison with Cool Water, but after doing a sniff comparison on my skin with the two frangrances, I've come to the conclusion that GIT is light years ahead of Cool Water. GIT has a freshness about it that Cool Water just can't compete with. GIT is a special fragrance. I look forward to seeing what else Creed has to offer.

royalLionheart
royalLionheart

Cool water wishes it would grow up to be GIT, just hasn't got the wisdom, and luxurious feel GIT has, you can tell it's blended so well as expected from Creed and has more depth than Cool water. If it's too expensive for you then best wear the 3ml GIT rollerball copy perfume oil copy Surrati do for under £4 than wear Cool water by far.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Whilst I appreciate high, quality niche scents, I have to observe that the price tag for this baby is just way too high when across the store is a cousin whose scent DNA is so similar, yet so much more affordable that it makes this somewhat of a redundant luxury (gasps of air all around - stone the heretic!)

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Green and violet and lemon with a beautiful ambergris finish. Long lasting and always appropriate, this is a perfect gentleman's fragrance that gets better and better with every wearing.

As far as comparisons to Cool Water go, I liken it to a pair of different recordings of the same song. Where Cool Water would be the well-known and sleekly-produced final product, GIT is the original version--the more raw and natural outtake; the one that was good enough to make the album, but whose composer wanted to take it in another, more commercial direction. (For a harsher, albeit accurate comparison, CW is the Muzak version of GIT.)

Both are excellent, but "b side wins again".

NB Whereas I find Creed to make several fine fragrances for men, their spray mechanisms are perfectly horrible. One spray is a wonderful mist, the next is a wheezing half-cough. Please upgrade!

rpopescu
rpopescu

I cannot believe the praise this gets. It is highly synthetic and reminds of car freshener and any supermarket sport-type deodorant with green and silver strips through it and images of athletes pumping iron.
Longevity on my skin is under 6 hours, by which point it almost but vanished - for which I was quite thankful, really, as this is not a smell that I consider "not good enough", but utterly offensive (and it even triggered a mild headache).
Seriously, this is the sort of thing that I wouldn't be caught dead smelling like, it's so incredibly unrefined and plastic I am appalled by the blind (sic) adulation it's met with.
It is a bully of a perfume, and like all bullies it comes of loud and strident and fades away when looked into closer.
The only appropriate venue and attire for this is your local gym locker room and track suit - GIT will do well to cover the sweaty smells to follow your workout.

P.S. I'm not a Creed hater, and I don't consider their prices too high for what should be top gear. Unfortunately, GIT is a fragrance that I wouldn't be paid to wear.

flkirkland
flkirkland

This is an amazing scent. Very green and fresh, but not wimpy. I guess I can see where some people get the Cool Water reference from - but this is so much more beautiful. It's like spring, new green grass crushed in your palms with lemon rinds... Awesome!

buddy m
buddy m

I bought my first bottle online at a discount and thought I really scored big time. I smelled ggood for an hour, maybe an hour and a half. Then I got a bottle from CREED online and man, what a difference. Much longer lasting and I didnt smell good, I smelled Great.

Why spend half the money for half the product. Believe me, you aint paying 100 bucks for a 4oz bottle of GIT and getting the real thing, No Way, No How. Creed wouldnt be in business if you could buy the same producy for half the price. Stop looking for the bargain and buy the real thing. Your not a phony, so why smell like one and if you cant afford the real thing buy Cool Water. Its not as good but it is from the same creator who brought us GIT, the same person who brought us GIT gave us Cool Water a few years later. At least with Cool Water you will be wearing the real product. You wont smell as good , but you wont smell like a Creed Wanna-Be.

IronMike
IronMike

A legendary and remarkable masterpiece. The scent of a stoic hero as defined by Seneca the Younger: "The point is, not how long you live, but how nobly you live."

Kain
Kain

It's a shame that I forgot to write a review about this legendary fragrance.
I thought cool water and this one are the same, but after sampling GIT few times and testing both side by side, I realize that how different they are.
Cool water is junk against this fragrance. same DNA but huge differences in quality and smell.
The opening of this fragrance is very fresh, green and herbal with really great quality and so natural smelling scent and some sweetness in the background.
Very beautiful opening. I love it.
In the mid and base you have that beautiful natural smell plus more sweetness.
I don't know about you guys but the sweetness in this fragrance is something really special. it's not like sweet vanilla, tonka bean, benzoin or something like those.
It does have some sort of milky smell with hint of sweetness in it.
Actually I get a white and fresh milk smell plus some sweetness and those beautiful fresh and green scents at same time.
This is what I'm getting from this fragrance.
Throw out your cool water and buy a bottle of this and then you will realize how great this is.
Very good projection and longevity.
راستش اين عطر با كول داتر از ديويدوف مقايسه ميشه
من كول واتر داشتم و بعد از توصيه دوستان چند بار بصورت همزمان هر دو رو روي پوستم تست كردم و بعد از يه مدت متوجه شدم اين دو تا چه تفاوت فاحشي دارن و من فكر ميكردم تفاوت ندارن
كيفيت، حس طبيعي و خوشبويي تو كريد حرف اولُ ميزنه و واقعا بوش عاليه اما پس از بو كردن كريد وقتي كول واترُ بو ميكنين مثل اين ميمونه كه دارين آشغال بو ميكنين. واقعا تفاوت كيفيت به طور فاحشي مشخصه و داد ميزنه
رايحه اوليه كريد بوي خنك، شاداب، گياهي ملايم با حس سبز هست كه مقدار خيلي ناچيزي شيرينه. بوش بسيار آرامش بخش و طبيعي و دلپذيره و واقعا از بوش آدم لذت ميبره
در ادامه رايحه هاي گياهي كمي ضعيفتر ميشن و عطر خيلي كم شيرين تر ميشه اما چيزي كه برام خيلي جالبه اينه كه يه بويي شبيه به بوي شير تو اين عطر حس ميشه
نميدونم چطوري براتون توصيفش كنم
يه حس سفيد و پاك مثل يه ليوان شير گاو تازه دوشيده شده كه عطرش آدمُ ديونه ميكنه با مقدار كمي رايحه هاي شيرين و مقداري هم رايحه هاي شاداب و گياهي و سبز رو با هم تركيب كنين. ميشه بوي اين عطر
واقعا عطر بي نظيريه. شخصا هر چي بيشتر استفاده ميكنم بيشتر عاشقش ميشم
مقايسه اين با كول واتر مثل مقايسه پيكان جوانان گوجه اي هست با فراري كه هر دو فقط در رنگ قرمز مشترك هستن ولي از نظر چيزاي ديگه زمين تا آسمون فرق دارن
حتما چند بار روي پوست تستش كنين تا خوب متوجه زيبايي هاي اين عطر عالي بشين

amde8766
amde8766

one of the best fragrance of all time.comparing Green Irish Tweed with cool water is like compare real tooth with artificial tooth

NaughtyProf
NaughtyProf

As with everything else in life- we pay that little extra for class and elegance... People spend for what's important to them... Some of my friends have 10 or 15 luxury watches like Tags, Rolex..., others do it for hot vacation spots, on motorcycles and other gadgets... So it is altogether reasonable for someone to spend that extra coinage for quality things, especially things that are so intimate and personal- that we wear right on our very skin... Hence, I applaud those who spend the extra cash to buy Creeds, Tom Ford, Andy Tauer, Xerjoff, Amouage and all the other Niche houses..... I find way too many are cynical because they want to have that quality, while spending ONLY $30-50 bucks- not very realistic....... Cool Water may have similarities to Green Irish Tweed, but the proof is in the compliments, the authenticity and the class..... THe same could be said for Sean John's Unforgiven when matched up with Creed's Millesime Imperiale...... Just enjoy elegance and don't hate........ If you can't, they buy what you CAN afford and enjoy that too....

babygurl72
babygurl72

LOVE this stuff! Got it in a swap and very glad i own it. It starts off alot like Cool Water but the drydown is much better. Almost has a light berry vibe to it. Doesnt last long on my skin, but does on my clothes. A must have for Creed lovers!

russraff

I really need to re-submit a review. I think that Creed may have consistency issues as the bottle of GTI I have now is way better than the one I had a few weeks ago. It smells the same but the current bottle lasts about eight hours. The previous bottle was lucky to last even one! The smell is very fresh and almost metallic. People compare GIT to Cool water or even Platinum Egoiste. To me GIT Creed's concoction is more complex and sweet being a unique fragrance that shares some facets with other scents and ought to stand alone on that basis. Is GIT worth it? Nope, but then no 'luxury' purchase is; you must justify the £100 asking price on whether it hits your on buttons and this does. To me GIT is a great work scent and could easily be a sig scent. Just make sure you get one of the good ones - its worth it!

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

Creed fragrances are over-hyped. Green Irish Tweed smells great, very closely to Cool Water by Davidof. NOT exactly like it...but not $200 better!!! Most Creeds have poor longevity, only fair sillage, and a religious following that spends endless hours debating the batch numbers of Aventus...Save your money buy a bottle of Cool Water.

Blaze00
Blaze00

It reminds me of Coty - Aspen ! By the way FRAGRANTICA people why this fragrance is not listed ??? I mean it is very similar to cool water and GIT but Coty - aspen smells more like GIT and is cheaper than Cool water !

gd15329
gd15329

"A James Bond scent" my a**... I think it was the first and last time I almost cried for my $200 purchase. I have a full bottle just for "memory" purposes...
Note: I really have nothing against CREED, 1) Who am I to judge anyway, 2) in fact I like to test or even buy some others like Tabarome or Aventus, but Green Irish Tweed... No... not for me anyway.

My Total Score: 2/10

stromfish
stromfish

Why do people always need to compare fragrances.
Maybe because Creed is expensive and they want something similar for a fraction of the price.
Imo this has nothing in common with Cool Water.
A great fragrance for sure.

russraff

Got this from a reputable dealer, so it was a genuine product. Nevertheless, while the smell of GIT was good (though not outstanding) it was the lack of any kind of staying power that put me off. Never got more than two hours which, for an expensive product like this, is pretty unacceptable. I sent it back and got it exchanged for Original Vetiver. Much better, albeit different, scent that has genuine lasting ability.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Finally, after many months of having a Green Irish Tweed sample, I tried it. It's ok. You will not see it listed as a purchase here, but it is not a bad fragrance.

bngreedy
bngreedy

I was asked by my co-worker this morning to walk into our second level manager's office and see if we smelled smoke. Our manager had said that she could smell it and wanted to know 'if it was just her'. So I knock and then walk in sniffing. She says to me, "I smell it so let me know if you do too, Nose (apparently that was the nickname she had given me this morning). I felt like the main character from the movie Perfume at that moment, lol. So after a few seconds of sniffing I tell her that I did not smell any smoke. But as I am walking out of her office she says to me, "Well, at least now it smells like you in here.... Mmmm."
Should I be expecting a bonus? lmao

2 sprays of GIT this morning. GIT is my signature for a reason. This stuff works on women 30+, while Aventus will work on ladies 20+.

ososigma16
ososigma16

This is a must have, and a must wear on a hot day, some people think in cool water, but if you smell good you will find that this is a different kind of fragrance, iris and lemon verbena just mix in a very special way that you want to stay in that top notes, but after there when you get the middle notes, violet leaves start to work is when you just touch the freshness heaven, in other way this is sporty, fresh and addictive.

mufidal
mufidal

A wonderful scent! I would LOVE my man to smell like this but, alas, too expensive.....

macumazana
macumazana

This expensive perfume is one of those unique ones that smells and last longer when sprayed onto clothing instead of the body I don't know why.

Lasted only 30mins on my body but when I applied onto my pyjamas I can still smell it the next morning!

Also my GIT batch A3211XO3 smells a bit different from the sample vial GIT that smells heavenly. Anyone has the same problem? The opening seemed more foul (like piss in fact), but eventually smoothen till it becomes nice and pleasant.

john1986
john1986

Gorgeous stuff. Let the smell settle on your skin. That's when the real beauty is clarified

mandurah2002
mandurah2002

I heard creed is raising prices tomorrow! Expensive but you have to have a bottle of Green irish tweed! It just smells excellent! I love it on my face, i love it anytime even for bedtime. Always!I feel great when i wear it.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

It opens with the best quality lemon that I ever experienced in my life and settles into a lush green
fragrance which is a real pleasure to the senses.

Is this worth $200, when you can buy Cool Water for $20?

When it comes to the opening, they are much different, but an hour later, they smell a little more similar. From a foot or two away, most people won't tell the difference at all. However, up close it is clear that GIT completely outmatches CW in quality.

If you just want to smell nice and get compliments, get Cool Water. If you are serious about fragrance collecting and want to get something you will fall in love with, Green Irish Tweed.

wchickillo
wchickillo

Green Irish tweed has been my "go to" fragrance for years now. It hits me with a very floral opening that stays for quite some time. However, it's a very masculine floral note rather than a feminine one. It dries down to a powdery middle that doesn't smell like a cheap, baby powder that I get from some fragrances. Green Irish tweed is a very classy, exquisite fragrance that is both refreshing and fulfilling.

bonarelli
bonarelli

let me make this short and to the point'PERFECTION'!!!

Attar
Attar

"The Impeccable"
You judge or adore, compare or search for similarities, but this Thing - GIT - is outstanding. I remember the song "Hate or Love It" whilst spraying this gorgeous, smooth, elegant, tranquil scent onto my skin.
I think it's a bit foolishly waiting for copliments, admiration, delights while wearing GIT. Green Irish Tweed and the point. There's no need in explanations.
GIT speaks for itself and for its wearer (like Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo, Ferragamo, Hermes, LV, Breguet etc. - all luxurious, top-notch things immortalized by time and the soul of its creators)
A man who wears it is The Man. Therefore (he) is strong, confident, imperturbable, sublime, virile.
He knows what is good, classy, savoury and what is not!
For The Man With Exquisite Taste.

spoombung
spoombung

This is not really my thing but it smells GREAT on a friend of mine. A very agreeable, powerful scent with a lot of presence.

PerfumeEmporium
PerfumeEmporium

Love this fragrance! Very sexy and alluring on a man. One of my favorite male fragrances.

henryc
henryc

Going 4 months I have used Green Irish Tweed steady and I've gotten zero compliments on it. Smells good but it's overpriced and has poor staying power. Projection and sillage for me is good the first 30 minutes and after that it gets too close to the skin. Not worth the money.

bsbnsc
bsbnsc

It's like I'm holding an ACTUAL flower and sniffing it. fresh grass. same start as cool water but it gets much better. (cool water is crap) nice scent but pay this for over $100? no thanks

ShineStoppa
ShineStoppa

This is my Friday scent. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. This sent turns heads and receives many compliments. It announces your presence without you having to say a word.

word-doctor
word-doctor

INITIAL REVIEW: This is the one "cool/fresh" frag I've found that I truly enjoy wearing. Floral without being feminine/sweet or too sharp. It's subtle, though, and on the Gulf Coast gets overwhelmed by the heat. Projection is "short" and longevity on me is maybe 3-4 hours.

I bought a sample but to buy a whole bottle is beyond my means.

EDIT: Have since found a couple of less pricey alterntatives such as Bvlgari PH and BPH Soir. Creed remains something for folks with more income.
Sillage: 6/10

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Good Smell, a Great Classic (Fame shared by Davidoff's Cool Water and Estee Lauder's Pleasures for Men) but in GIT, the ingredients smell more natural (especially the Mysore Sandalwood Accord) ; I am not a big fan of CREED because, i am really fed-up with their marketing tactics, that said GIT is quite beautiful for what it is 7/10

natalia.morozova
natalia.morozova

Excellent! This is a THING!!! ..so handsome and so British. GIT as many other Creed creations fully fits my olfactory expectations about a decent man. It is fresh, woody, air, expensive - for someone who wants to be out of the crowd:). for all ages and for all times.

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

Its pretty much cool water but toned down and lightly creamier. Its good. I'd wear it. But, I don't love it. Its not something I'm raving about and foaming at the mouth for like I have for other fragrances.

jeffwithfrags

Starts very bright and floral. Very high quality verbena and green notes lead to violet which I cannot stand, but even here Creed has demonstrated their blends come from the highest level. Many people have stated comparisons to Cool Water, but this I feel far outclasses it. Mint from Cool Water is replaced by the green notes in GIT.

Green notes dominate until a most luxurious of sandalwood and ambergris drydowns. I cannot commend Creed enough for their blends, but sadly this particular variety is not to my taste. However, I admire many of Creeds scents, and the huge following this one has I think is very justified.

Personal liking, 2/5.
Quality level, 5/5.

stuartbr
stuartbr

I have always been told "Mmmm - you smell nice!" Even by NON-Dates!However one of my enduring memories of late teen years. Even more when mixed in a room with the smell of typical herbal resin!). NO WONDER I LOVE IT THEN!! Is sooo good, I'd drink it if wasn't so expensive

dalala
dalala

After spending a good year trying to find the perfect, sophisticated, classy, interesting signature scent, i have finally found it. You can't go wrong with GIT, its on another level.

Mikegrp
Mikegrp

I never would have considered spending this much on a bottle of cologne, especially one that was released in 1985....... Until now. This is one of the most amazing colognes that I have ever had. It is current, it is sophisticated, and it gives you a feeling of success. This fragrance is amazing, it is perfect for a night out, to wear at the office, meeting new clients, or on a day out with the family. I really don't agree with the comparison to Cool Water, it has a much more sophisticated nose and it is a much more natural tone. I can not get enough of this amazing fragrance . If you want a cologne that makes you feel more powerful than Donald Trump, this is the one.

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

much better than Cool Water(i don't like) , but to overpriced

Got some samples, but i 'll never buy a bottle

gogogogo123
gogogogo123

First off I just want to say that I do not know where the cool water comes from. To my nose this has nothing in common with cool water and does not even resemble it . To me it smells fresh green but very natural and no mean to be racist, but has a slight Indian smell, if you know what I mean. Overall lasts a good 6 hours or more and to me, not the best scents out there.

I think what makes this one excellent is how it integrates "green" and floral notes yet remains on the "masculine" side of things (though I could see some women wanting to wear it as well). Though rather blended, there are strong notes that prevent it from becoming a "blob." Ingredient quality also seems quite good, despite some obvious "fresh" aroma chemicals. This is not sweet, which allows one to detect notes better (I like this quality in general but especially when there is a lot of blending). The lavender, iris, and amber, function as a fougere-like accord, but the harsh qualities of a fougere are avoided. The base features something "hard" and with a hint of the marine, so I guess that is what they are calling ambergris (I doubt it is actual ambergris, or if it is the amount used must be incredibly tiny). A touch of lemony amber is also bouncing around, but the key accord of lavender, violet, iris, and "freshness" persists for long time. For me, violet/violet leaf sometimes comes across as tea-like, as it does here, but it's certainly not literally like tea, just a soft impression of it. Overall, this is very nicely done but I doubt the newbie will fully appreciate it, and may feel just as satisfied with the dollar store "Our version of Creed," which is a great scent for a dollar (per 75 ml).

UPDATE: After wearing GIT again I can see the reason for its appeal. Basically, you get a gentle, long-lasting lavender and violet leaf (somewhat grassy), which is not easy to attain (in my experience). I've found that the base notes often seem cheap/synthetic or the violet leaf is too harsh, etc. in similar scents, but GIT gets it just right, with a subtle sandalwood/ambergris in the base. The opening blends into the base without any seams, so to speak. Olympios is great too, but more complex. The excellent Molto Smalto is closer to Cool Water but has a more obvious sandalwood note in any case. GIT is for someone who knows exactly what he wants, though it's very nice for the non-aficionado as well. It's just complex/dynamic enough and it has no flaws. Unlike the overly complex/muddled Cool Water, there is no major neroli and no tobacco; for me, GIT comes together quickly and is a great olfactory exprerience that lasts for hours. If you think it's too expensive, I agree, but I don't take that into account in my reviews.

UPDATE #2: I want to thank karlovonamesti for reminding me of my first, and now very old review (the first paragraph above), and how I no longer view GIT as being similar to CW (other than perhaps both possessing quite a bit of dihydromyrcenol, along with lavender, which is true for many "men's" fragrances). Over the years, my ability to detect notes has increased considerably, so my guess is that if you have good note detection ability then you will perceive a significant difference whereas if you do not they will smell similar to you. My sense of smell seems to continue to develop, which I enjoy, but it's also something you should consider when you read my reviews, or anyone else's for that matter !

UPDATE #3: This is a bit muskier than I perceived in the past so if you hate muskiness don't blind buy this one !

My newbie review: I tried this years ago, as a newbie, and didn't like the top notes, which overwhelmed me. Now I can tolerate them, though they are not my favorite accord. Beyond that, it is quite similar to Cool Water. CW may be a bit metallic and certainly seems a bit harsher, but it does have a detectable tobacco note (perhaps the only thing I really like in it). GIT is certainly a high quality fragrance for those who like the dominant accord. I prefer Molto Smalto, because that one is along the same lines but there a nice sandalwood note that seems to "cut" the aspects I don't like much, leading to a pleasant experience. GIT is a bit too one-dimensional for me, and if price is considered (which it is for me) I can't give it a second thought.

rainman36
rainman36

no no no,this is not for me,masterpiece? HA!! dont make me laugh,maybe back when in its day but today,no way hozay.This fragrance is waaaaaay too over priced and not worth it,an expensive cool water if you ask me,an just like a bunch of others say also,cant see how people like this,an have the nerve to call it sexy.

5/10 :(
cant believe i fell for the hype,glad I got a sample first.

ALWAYS GET A SAMPLE OF ANY FRAGRANCE,IT WILL SAVE YOU A FORTUNE.

omarilm1

I've had this for a while now and it's staying in my collection forever. This is a good scent to describe me, mature, cool, and expensive lol. This is my signature, well and Tom fords oud

jrichart
jrichart

Green Irish Tweed de Creed es una fragancia que la probé hace aproximadamente un año y la sensación que me causó fue la que efectivamente y previamente habian corroborado en muchos foros: la primera impresión que me causó fue la de una fragancia de ingredientes de primerísima calidad, nada sintéticos, pero también me resultó un olor familiar. Y si que era familiar, Green Irish Tweed me recordó pasado unos pocos minutos a Cool Water de Davidoof y en menor medida a Platinum Egoiste de Chanel. Esta vez se había cumplido las expectativas de los foros en afirmar que Green Irish Tweed tenía reminiscencias de Cool Water y de Platinum Egoiste en menor medidada, me dejó frío ya que pagar aproximadamente 200€ por una fragancia que tiene recuerdos de otras me parece una abominación. Y permitirme la digresión, pero al hilo del tema me paso lo mismo con Epic Man de Amouage y Jubilation XXV man de Amouage, el primero me recordó al original M7 de YSL y el segundo me recordó a otros perfumes orientales helechos con tintes afrutados como puede ser Xeryus Rouge de Givenchy. Lo que quiero dejar claro con esto, es que en mi humilde creo que Creed y Amouage son casas de perfumerías nicho que emplean materias primas de buena calidad pero que no desempeñan el papel de perfumería nicho en lo que se refiere a innovación. En resumen, Green Irish Tweed es una fragancia a pesar de lo que digan que reconozco la calidad de sus ingredientes pero al recordarme a cool water ya no sería capaz de desembolsar los casi 200 € que vale aunque si que no descarto comprarme alguna muestra. Como apunte gracioso, si yo hubiera creado esta fragancia le hubiera puesto Blue Irish Tweed, ya que a mi parecer Green Irish Tweed tiene acordes tirando mas a Helechos Acuáticos que a verdes.

Nichehead
Nichehead

I've read most reviews of GIT here. We can all agree that it smells similar to cool water and that it is a lot more expensive than it also. Only a few have said how versatile this fragrance is. This can be worn at anytime and anywhere. Casual, formal and any season. A perfect signature scent for any man because of its versatility. I personally would not choose this as my signature scent due to its popularity and knock offs. But the scent itself is signature scent worthy. This is a must try if you are looking for a fragrance you can wear to almost anything.

Kaytorch
Kaytorch

The Best of the Best. Honestly this is very different from all other perfums. So pure and natural ingredients. i dont care at all about the high price. this is just it and nothing else.
Edit:
The only scent better than this is Creed Aventus

aaronr0ndale
aaronr0ndale

okay guys....tested this on my hand and my wife said "wow, what is that? that smells really good." i then went to kohls and sprayed cool water on my hand and she said it was just okay. the bad thing is that GIT doesnt last long at all and the cool water stayed on my skin all night!

A little update review.

Despite all the things that piss people off about Creed (batch inconsistencies, high prices, claims about their history), it's nice that a lot of us can agree on Green Irish Tweed. GIT truly is a quality fragrance - clean, classy, refreshing, and eternally full of youth. It still smells awesome as of 2012, and never goes out of style. It lasts a while and always warrants compliments. And, to my nose, it's quite different from Cool Water. They're both fresh fougeres that have a slight saline-like quality that makes them similar, but Cool Water is more of a traditional lavender fougere while Green Irish Tweed is fresher and greener, with more emphasis on verbena and violet. All the same, as I've said before, if you haven't tried Green Irish Tweed yet, do it. It's absolutely worth it in my opinion.

marioslg3

People all the time compare this with Cool water....and saying about the big difference in price...same is done also for Original Vetiver and Mugler Cologne, two different perfumes again. for a lot or persons, if a perfume reminds something else, it means that is also identical. There are no identical perfumes and as Leonardo da Vinci said "details make perfection but perfection is not a detail". The two perfumes remind one another but are not identical. The price of GIT is high and there must be a reason for that beyond from the brand.
GIT is fresh, green and very naturally smelling...Cool water is aquatic, more sweet and lacks the quality of GIT. Up to now from Creed, I smelled GIT, Tabarome millesime, Original Vetiver, Aventus and bois du portugal. All these remind something else, a mainstream fragrance by a mainstream house. Creed are copied and all are trying to do something that will smell like them but in no way, the quality of Creed can be reached. They are not perfumes that you don't smell so often but this does not mean that are identical/same with other. Mainstream companies steal something from Creed, ideas, smell etc and they do this very well....as T.S.Eliot said, "good poets borrow, great poets steal". So, it would be better if we all, including me, stop comparing perfumes all the time with Creed, especially with Creed. If you need a more niche/rare perfumes, try perfume from Amouage, Byredo, Histoires de parfum. Serge Lutens. Sonoma Scent Studio etc. Those companies are offering quite impressive perfumes that does not remind others but are perfumes that can't be used as a signature, in my opinion. Definitely, you will not smell anyone wearing them but you will see people compare them with others.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

Today i have finished my GIT bottle. Next time i will (maybe) buy Cool water. Both are nice, both are very common smell... Adios GIT, bienvenido Davidof.

As i wrote before...
Today i was traveling between Ecuador and Chile, and i found 2 cool water 1.5oz pack... 40 usd....
I have just save something like 200 usd for the same smell, more longevity and, as a curious information, a fragance created by the same perfumist... Bienvenido Davidof.

kbro4897
kbro4897

Scent 5/10
Projection 6/10
Longevity 8/10
Value 1/10
Overall 20/40

What can I say about GIT that hasn't been said already? Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water are fraternal brothers. Not identical, but very similar. The biggest difference; $174 vs. $38. If you don't have lots of money to throw around, buy Cool Water and tell people it's Green Irish Tweed, because the average Joe (or Josephine) won't be able to tell the difference.

Widmung
Widmung

There is another fragrance that smells exactly like GIT and that is the Manchester United EDT in the red box 100ml, and it costs almost as much as coolwater..

rienzope
rienzope

This is my favorite scent, and I have many. Lasts a long time on my skin. Very green, oceany, clean and fresh. I've not found anything with lasting freshness like this one. I crave it while I'm wearing others.

Heverton
Heverton

Enough of this comparisons with Cool Water. Here I'm gonna talk about this and ONLY this fragrance since I'm reviewing it not Cool Water.

Green Irish Tweed starts very green mixed with a bright citrusy aroma (nothing harsh!). After 10 minutes this citrusy aspect starts to fade leaving space to flowers, but nothing feminine at all, instead it is a very unisex aroma if I may say.

Now on my skin there's something very oceanic and also somehow a little sweet, anyway a very, very pleasant aroma! A complet turnout from the opening.

I would also like to pinpoint that the violet here is nothing like the one we can find in Eau de Cartier Concentreé with that herbal/powdery aroma. Anyway, the perfect guy for this scent on my mind? Well succeeded young business guy wearing an expensive sunglasses, a jeans and a polo shirt driving around town in a fancy car.

Halalay
Halalay

For all y'all out there: monsieur Pierre Bourdon composed Green Irish Tweed in 1985 and Cool Water in 1988, which explains the similarities in their top and mid notes (but not in the dry-downs, which are quite different). For a better match with GIT, mix CW in 2:1:1 ratios with Eau de Cartier and Guerlain Vetiver. It will still not be identical to GIT in the dry-down, but will smell (ALL the time) a lot more natural and less like a chemical factory compared to GIT. (I work with chemicals, screened some 150 organic solvents a while ago, so I can really tell what industrial chemicals - as distinct from natural ones - smell like...)

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

to begin with i would say that this is really an expensive stuff. now coming to the fragrance this is awesome rich and elegent scent, a class and a masterpiece by the great creed, again a very old company with a great clientile, i love this and i enjoy every bit of it, people compare this to cool water by david off as cool water is a cheap copy of creed and stands no were near creed green irish tweed.creed a must in my collection and not cool water , pls dont cpmpare cool water with this.

huzayfa
huzayfa

I like it and i border line love it. However this is not a perfume for beginners. (because the opening is quite frankly a little musty)

However...This perfume is like the girl your not initially attracted to but you see her at a party (where shes not wearing her usual jeans and baggy shirt) and POW! your jaw drops.

Grade B+

sf2explus
sf2explus

A very nice green scent, top quality materials are used here no doubt. This is one of the cleanest freshest scents i have ever smelt and owned.(not aquatic fresh) this is like waking up 5am in the summer and going out to your garden which is in the countryside. so you end up smelling all the green grass plants violet flowers, damp soil. very green scent that smells amazing. this is very expensive but you do get what you pay for here. The lasting power is around 6-8 hours and very close to the skin after that, but can still be smelt by people who get close to you. the sillage is moderate not a beast but creates a nice cloud around you which is the way i like my scent to project.

scent 10/10

zadlai
zadlai

Just so everyone should know that this scent was introduced before CW and Chanel Platinum Egoiste, this came out during the 80s. The noses' behind GIT-Creed were also the ones that came up with the CW scent later in the 90s.

I agree to all those that remarked GIT as CW top notes with Hints of Chanel Platinum minus the Soapy/Detergent-Deodorant elements. But give it some time and it will certainly introduce the unique captivating scent it possess. Projection is really good and lasts very very long.

ادکلنی مورد پسند شخصیتهـای مطرح جهـان هـمچون:
تام هـنکس
ملک فیصل پادشاه سابق عربستان
پرنس چارلز انگلیس
ادکلنی مورد استقبال بیشماری از عطر دوستان عام و خاص
Very very good parfume creed

E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com
Kik: mehrdad_gallery

@Minity Meo

All the online stores you mention are ok with the Creeds.

eBay IS NOT!

marioslg3

I read a lot of reviews about this Creed perfume which is considered one of the most succesfull. I got the first bottled last week and I'm trying every day to evaluate the smell, merits or drawbacks and decide if this worths the saying.
The first thing I noticed upon spraying it on my wrist, was Cool water.....Cool Water so similar? then why to spend so much money to get something that which is more or less the same?...but this is not truth. The next morning, I put GIT and went to the office....and the trip away from the cool water, started with small steps....and honestly, this does not smell like cool water. it has the vide, it remindes you the cool water but is far away also from that. Cool water is aquatic more or less, this is green and fresh and worths the money you pay. The more you wear this perfume, the less the cool water it reminds you.
Beyond that, I got something else in this....something that I'm very familiar with! What is it? And i decided that the so familiar smell is Egoiste Platinum.
Platinum is more lemoni than GIT but they are similar....now, how can we discribe GIT? You take a blender, you put a bottle of cool water and egoiste platinum, some more green notes, basil for example, higher quality ingredients and you get GIT...this is it!!!! It is a very nice smell, very nice and natural but if you have those CW and EP in mind, this reminds them a lot but is more green! It lasts for hours I would say, can be used in any occasion and any seasons so having a perfume which is so versalite, nice and fresh, worths the price.

illwit
illwit

performance and reviews of this fragrance is totally over rated in the perfume industry.

I was very disappointed after buying Green Irish Tweed

Very simple smell , almost Linear, boring, without excitement.

My advice is that before buying this fragrance, please spray few puffs on your cloths and neck and ask your partner or friends about their feedback.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

Do not buy online? Damn! FragranceNet, FragranceX, and any others big online stores sales creed, they are selling fake fragrances? Of course not, this is a joke hehe.

ManicPsych290
ManicPsych290

The elite cologne for the elite. Enough said.

BUY FROM AN OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR. DO NOT BUY ONLINE!

jeffwithfrags

Sadly, I have a thing against certain notes, and violet is one of them. Feel like someone, excluded, a long long and far away, from the Club of the Tweed.

Oh well, at least I like Dior Homme intense, and it's far cheaper! =)

pattnaik
pattnaik

Nothing special about it. Price tag is unreasonable. It did not stay even 2 hrs on my skin.

perfume-malaysia
perfume-malaysia

remind me of cool water...
but bit better.
love it when it settle down..

jerseyjoe1981

only frag that gave me a headache EVERY time is UNFORGIVABLE

cable311
cable311

Does anyone else get a killer headache when wearing this? I will sometimes get a headache from a new fragrance for the first two or three times I wear it but GIT has been giving me a headache for over a week now.

I was considering giving my bottle away, but today some random girl came up to me and asked me what I was wearing because she thought it was amazing. The last time this happened I was single and about 7 years younger. As for the scent once the green opening dies down I love the sandalwood base. I tend to not spray too much cologne usually one or two sprays. With GIT I am using two. I will give this one some more time. It might just be something I use for special occasions.

silentrich
silentrich

Cool Water and GIT have a similar smell because they were created by the same perfumer. Cool Water is the poor mans GIT. How close are they? Imagine eating a frozen spaghetti and meatball dinner that's been microwaved vs a world class chef making everything from scratch and serving it up to you with a nice vintage wine to boot. There's no question about which one is better. The only question is are you willing to spend 5 times as much for it? Personally I'd rather enjoy one world class meal instead of 5 crappy ones.

Oslo-fjord

One of the greatest masterpieces in the world of fragrancces. A intoxicating legend. 10 points!

Papi
Papi

If I were to chose GIT and Cool W of Davidoffs, I would go for GIT as CW is way back synthetic.

Yet, CW brings back memories as not every one can afford GIT whilst in his teenage years.

Luforge
Luforge

I just received my Green Irish Tweed..Dissapointed to say the least..Smells alot like Cool Water and doesnt last as long..and triple the cost..According to the reviews, its supposed to be Creeds Finest!..Creed Vetiver in my opinion is still the best and worth the $$..

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

I can not ignore the similarity with cool water.
Yes it's similar in top notes a lot then became different a little in middle and base but the top of git is much better,more naturel.
This will definitely get lot of compliment.
It's versatile can be worn spring fall and winter i dont see it as a hot weather fragrance.
casual and formal,day and night.
Longevity and projection seems both good but not good as aventus,about 8 hours.
I would say if u have a lot of fragrance and lot of money go for it but to be the first niche i would go with something more unique.

K1
K1

In some rare cases, perfume meets legendary and GIT is one of those perfumes. With a hint of 80's and rainy cloudy foggy weather and thick coats and leather gloves, and of course a tweed, this marvelous perfume cruised me back into memories of retro styles of autumn and its nostalgic weather when I was just a kid.
People compare it to Davidoff Cool Water. Well I don't want to compare. I say they're different and only someone from a considerable distance may mix up. The quality of GIT is comparable, so as the transparency. Also there's a buttery theme in CW which in GIT doesn't exist.

meshary007
meshary007

The Power Of Iris ...

Opens sour violet flowers dry down quite bitter & sour alegancy flowers .
Best iris sent Ever
Sent 10/10

The original mix according to Creed House:
Top Notes: French verbena, Florentine iris

Middle Notes: Violet leaves

Base Notes: Sandalwood from Mysore, ambergris

fakher
fakher

the best smell i have ever smelled in my life,lasting power 15+, anyone can wear it any time in the year,
i would give this great 11 out 10

Grottola

Green Irish Tweed is one of the best men's fragrances ever, and definitely the best thing Creed has ever released (aside from Bois du Portugal and some of the Private Collection fragrances).

Does it have similarities to Cool Water by Davidoff? Sort of, but mainly in the base notes. Green Irish Tweed is a lot greener and higher-quality smelling, in my opinion. It has one of the best drydowns ever, and every guy with a passion for fragrance (or at least a hobby in it) should try Green Irish Tweed. Cool Water smells sweeter, more synthetic, and more like ketchup to me.

Now, taking all that into consideration, I will add one qualm: Green Irish Tweed can smell kind of cold and heartless, sometimes. The bottle reflects that, in a way - it's the Darth Vader of the fragrance world (the smaller sizes don't count). Green Irish Tweed simply smells like "gentleman" with not much emotion or substance, in my opinion, so when you wear it, make sure you put on your best character.

That aside, Green Irish Tweed is a great fragrance. I find this to be the fragrance that ushered in the "current" era (1985 - present); it still has relevance today, more than 25 years later.

The longevity is also very good. At least try it, otherwise you'll never know.

mikehawk
mikehawk

This is for the guy who said micheal jordan was overrated, hes one of the greatest athletes and basketball players ever to walk the face of the earth its almost insulting to the sport of basketball for someone to say that.

jerseyjoe1981

My corporate work scent. Awesome stuff and the only fragrance that I have come across that goes on super strong and stays that way for 6 hours and then just pooofff. Gone. Amazing smell, amazing projection, great compliments, and where the hell did the smell go? (after 6 hours)

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Okay so I wanted to wear this a few times before I reviewed it. I didn't want to smell it on paper or get a whiff on my wrist or just wear it once then run an make an ill informed review. So what follows is my experience with this fragrance.

Let me start by saying this fragrance is about as overrated as Albert Pujos, Tiger Woods, Micheal Jordan and Barry Sanders or Peyton Manning. PLEASE don't let anyone tell you that. You have to do yourself a favor and wear this a couple of times. It is worth the sample on ebay or go to the nearest Nieman's and see if they will give you one. Please, please do yourself a favor and wear this and if then you don't like fine. But don't be detoured.

On to the fragrance. Cool Water is 1985 Ford Escort and GIT is a 1979 Camero with a modified engine and a supermodel in the passanger seat! There is no comparison. Sorry folks that won't fly here and I don't have a fish to fry in this picnic. I don't care if Creed was 5 dollar and Cool Water was 10 dollars. I am not caught up in niche names or non niche names I just want to smell good and this will make you smell better than GREAT!

In the top I get bright green notes, ah the lemon in the top is so beautiful mixed with the floral (Iris) hmmm. Then the violet kicks in and it is the best violet in any scent I have smelled. So natural. This top/middle combination lasts for the first 4-6 hours and then the base kicks in and oh the sweetness and woods is delicious. I also think this has ambergris but don't see it in this breakdown.

Let me make this clear this is by farrrrrrr the most complimented fragrance. I had two coworkers who just kept talking to me about how great I smelled and I own quite a few fragrances. This thing is divine folks. Don't be swayed by the naysayers who talk down and don't be swayed by the price. Worth every penny discounted or retail.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Comparisons are always made between this fine Creed and Davidoff's Cool Water, and while I can understand this and smell the resemblance, I think another comparison should be made: Green Irish Tweed resembles Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene. The key is in the violet leaf. Often mistaken for having a sweet violet flower smell, violet leaf is actually a very cool, iris-like green, detached and elusive, but always imbuing perfumes with a rich freshness. Of course, real violet leaf isn't used in either GIT, Cool Water, or Grey Flannel. In GIT, dihydromyrcenol is what gives the scent its green freshness. Perhaps it is used to some degree in Grey Flannel as well, but not in Cool Water. While Cool Water smells very "blue" with its herb-spiked synthetic lavender, GIT is decidedly dark-green/purple. The iris, brightened only by the citrus verbena, rapidly gives way to a very dense violet leaf and sandalwood heart, tinged sweetly by Ambroxan (synthetic ambergris) in the base. The effect is rich, intoxicating, woody greenness.

Grey Flannel has the same rich greenness, although oakmoss and sandalwood vie for attention in the Beene perfume. Grey Flannel also has that thick, smooth, cold violet leaf running through it. While I prefer Grey Flannel, Green Irish Tweed certainly holds its own as a masterpiece. It is certainly not out of place in a green frag-lover's wardrobe. As far as Creeds go, this is one of the best, and probably the most masculine of the Millesimes, next to Bois du Portugal and Himalaya. I feel that among Creeds, it's a real toss up between these three, and frankly I wonder if I wouldn't have been happier picking the gunpowder grey Himalaya over this. But GIT doesn't disappoint, and there are never any points in its evolution where it loses its stride. For a powerful, classy fragrance, look no further. Would also be interesting on the right woman.

Quick additional side note - perusing the many reviews of GIT here on Fragrantica leads me to believe that a majority of those who either try it, or buy it, aren't actually smelling the real GIT. Folks, if you're not getting it from a major legitimate chain retailer (places like Walgreens, Costco, Neiman Marcus, or the Creed Boutique in France or here in the States), and you're buying from Ebay or any other obscure online perfume retailer, you're probably getting Green Frich Tweed, or GIT in a plastic-seamed bottle that's filled to the brim with, you guessed it: Cool Water! Only Cool Water smells like Cool Water. Real Green Irish Tweed smells like citrus, violets, violet leaf, sandalwood, and ambergris, with generous touches of iris depending on the batch. Cool Water smells like synthetic lavender, mint, and cedar. Do the two scents share similarities? Oddly enough, yes, and to an admirable degree (I have spoken at length about it in my review of Cool Water), but not to the extent that people should be comparing the two exclusively. Trust me, there are far more similarities between GIT and the violet-laden Grey Flannel. And even then, GIT stands alone as a monumental masculine fougere. /rant.

After that little rant, I just thought I'd add another tidbit, food for thought: the old story that Cary Grant wore GIT holds little water with most fragrance connoisseurs. I tend to think that Creed gave him a bottle the year before he died, and maybe he wore it once, or not at all. Then again, Creed may have known that Grant liked some sort of fresh violet-leaf chypre in a more classical, pre-eighties mold, and decided to fashion something modern for him. If Grant wore something green, violet-like, and fresh, it is far more likely that it smelled like Grey Flannel than GIT. Whenever I wear the Jacqueline Cochran formula of Grey Flannel, I think to myself, "This is probably what Green Irish Tweed would have smelled like if Cary Grant actually wore it in the fifties." Believe me when I tell you, the JC formula of GF smells just as good as Creed's fresh fougere. It might even smell a little better.

Lestat
Lestat

Just bought 2.5ml bottle few days ago... The fragrance itself is amazing.... Problem is on my skin it only lasts for 3 hours.. after that it stays really close to my skin.I would wear it on a romantic date or in office, certainly not when ya goto a party or guys night out .. overall I personally give it 3.5 stars out of 5.. and its all for the smell of fragrance.... doesnt get 5 cause 2.5ml bottle costs $225... and for 225 bucks it should stay on my skin for atleast 12 hours.There are fragances out there which cost alot less than $225 and will stay on your skin for atleast 8 hours... my suggestion to those who want to buy this ... MAKE SURE you get a sample first and try it on you before ya spend 200+ bucks

Green Irish Tweed=Cool Water? How can this be possible? Perhaps, Davidoff realised how wonderfully elegant this scent was and released their own fresher more aquatic version. It does have a few glaring and obvious similaritites: they are both men's scents, they have some notes in common, both are quite popular; that is where the similarities end.

GIT opens with a simply amazing coolness and somewhat green and sharply herbal citricity. Where CW sours slightly on my skin, this becomes more warm green and powdery soft on me (like real tweed would, Wow!). The violet note here is very prominent; but speaks softly and clearly, where the one in GB's Grey Flannel screams! It is a perfumer's feat: the way the warm pungently green basil is combined with the dry clean grassy vetiver and sprinkled with powdered violets! There is something ever so slightly metallic in this, but it is pleasant and not artificial smelling in the least. I have heard it rumoured that this was created for Mr. Cary Grant. I do not know if that is true, but it smells like something you would smell on a handsome Hollywood leading man. Sexy, subtle and earthy enough without being overly musky or dirty. You would expect the drydown (cedar, amber and vanilla) to be very resiny...almost oriental. Here though it is more genteel and full of finesse. Cedar is dry and slightly sharp and the amber (no doubt true ambergris) is more salty and pungent, than golden amber resin, and the vanilla is also dry and yummy (but not very intense). It is more detectable hours later but, in the right proportion to the rest of the notes; this whole perfume has amazing longevity, and everyone who has smelled in on me loved it (and NO ONE has, at least yet-anyway, mistaken it for Cool Water!). Sophistication, excellent blending and top of the line ingredients make the difference here, and you DO get what you pay for in this case. Woody floral musk? Woody: sure, Floral? Absolutely but not overly so; and very masculine, Musk? Not so much animalic, as sexy in a very "come hither, my Dear" way! If by aquatic you mean smooth and fresh with ocean-esque notes...yes, I suppose; but this is not "caloney" and has none of the usual suspects in it (like cardamom, melons, maine accords, etc...) and for this I am grateful. CREED may be painful to your wallet; but it is a pure joy to the nose!

Sillage: great
Longevity: divine
Overall: 4.5/5

You can buy a nice suit "off the rack", or you can get one made by a skilled tailor constructed of more quality cloth, with careful detail to stitching and sewn by hand...the choice is yours. The more cost effective way is fine, but will not last as long or fit (and feel quite) as well as the tailored one. So it is with CW and GIT. My advice: quality endures, resonates class and lasts longer. Do yourself a favor...spend the money, in the long run it will be worth it!

SilverFire
SilverFire

It goes on green and with an alcohol scent, and then the two combine into an unmistakable fresh/sweet scent, which remains dominant throughout its lifetime. It moderates only slightly to smell more clothing-like about half-way through. The silage isn't huge, but you know it's on you. As for longevity, it easily passes the 16 hour mark.

I like the scent, but it's just not me. It doesn't seem very masculine and doesn't really make me feel anything in particular, except that I was somewhere in the country. It's radiates being laid-back, I suppose, and I think that's really why it doesn't work for me. I'm already laid back, and I want my colognes to take me places.

It's quality stuff and there are no weird U-turns or moments where you smell like another man's BO or something, but all the hype made me think that it would rock my socks off.

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

So green yet so sophisticated. A daily wear bearing the price of an expensive women's eau de parfum. If you really like it, go for it, it will be worth the price.

jamwires
jamwires

GIT is a legend for a reason. Masculine, pleasant, refined, and just pure class. Probably the most versatile scent in my wardrobe, and probably my all-time favorite.

Get the 4oz/120ml flask - you'll use it. One spray on the chest and two on the neck lasts me an 8-hour work day. When my young son grows up, this is the smell I want him to associate with his dad.

Pure class.

I chose Green Irish Tweed to tell what I think about Creed perfumes, just because it is one of the most recognizable in the house production. This is quite a legendary fragrance and, for sure, an amazing scent. Fresh and metallic but in a solid way (no "sport edition") , superbly crafted and surely distinctive. The opening is really captivating with lemon verbena and amber (ambroxan) working perfectly for an almost chilling effect while in the drydown it gets a little bit warmer with the note of sandalwood. It has a good sillage and reasonable lasting power. A cult scent for many of us, BUT...
What I really think about Creed is most of their scents (not all of them) are very (very) similar. Someone calls it Trademark, and it's ok, but when it becomes the main ingredient the risk is it could turn to be a limit.

spirit966
spirit966

GIT vs Cool Water side by side:

Opening:

CW: Much stronger projection and does have an aquatic note to it. Also much spicier than GIT with a strong lavender, minty and coriander smell. Overall smell is much denser than GIT. Can be described more translucent that GIT (due to more notes) or harsh [your pick]

GIT: Lemon juice and verbana. Very smooth but weaker projection. Can smell some sweetness to it, perhaps the amber peeking through? Not as sweet/spicy than CW though

Mid:
CW: spicy and sweet with the lavender/mint/calone combo mixing with some woodiness and amber

GIT:
Smooth transition into the mid. Top notes goes weaker and the violet leaves and amber peek through.

Base:
CW:Sweet lavender, florals with hints of musk

GIT:
Lemon flavoured waxy amber with slightly powdered sandalwood.

Overall:
I find GIT smoother and more natural, and CW harsher and sweeter.
I think GIT's base beats CW but CW takes it on the projection end.
Longevity is similar for both, at 6-10hours for me.

I like GIT more, but in all fairness, I think it beats CW because of better ingredients, not better construction, if that makes any sense.

Most Creeds I have sampled all smell very natural to its ingredients (natural lemon, vetivers, mandarin orange, sandalwood etc)

One criticism I have for GIT though, is that I actually find it much more linear than CW. Therefore CW is actually more complex than GIT, even though GIT is better blended and not harsh at all even when oversprayed. On the other hand, CW can cause headaches if you spray a tad too much.

Summary:
GIT is like a salad; ingredients from the garden next door mixed together in the most simplest and natural way (like many Creeds). Natural and tasty, but do you need a top chef to prepare this?

CW is like a stir fry: many processed ingredients bought in the local supermarket. Cooked well but not seasoned to everyone's liking.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

There are many copycats but this refined regal sophisticated cologne is a winner. Its my #2 cologne and I am pretty passionate about how great I think that it smells. There are comparisons between this and cool water but its like comparing imitation cooking flavorings to the pure extract. If you want to settle and you are ok with the fake orchestrated and quite honestly nauseating smell of Cool Water, go for it. If you want to walk into a room, turn heads and love how your clothes smell once they are off and you get a whiff just buy the Creed. Its as distinctly masculine of a cologne as you could ever want without smelling like a lumberjack or founding father.Again, its pricey but so damn worth it! Smell it, buy it and enjoy it.

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top: Burst of juicy, green, aquatic, 'watery' type of scent, with hidden woody, mossy type of scent.

Middle: The scent calms down, the burst of freshness maintains, but the greens pops in more.

Base: Green with the ambergris scent.

Seriously, this is one, hell of a complex scent.

And guess what?

The top notes lasted on me for 4-5 hours.

The middle just keeps hanging on for 4-5 hours.

And the base around 1-2 hours.

Dam....The top and middle can be detected on me, all during that time. I have to be shyly enough to ask people, can you smell me, and they say yes, you smell fresh and green (every hour I ask).

While Millesime Imperial lasted on me barely 30 minutes, this one projects and last like a monster on me.

This fragrance reminds of going to the rain forest, and drinking sprite soft drink beside the woods at the same time. hahahahaha!

But for sure, it is appealing. It is safe buy for man niche fragrance.

Very versatile, I can use this at work, for playing polo, for dates, for function, but not for clubs (maybe lounge).

I don't think people could hate this scent. Its gentle, cool, relax type of scent.

Goodness, girls love this.

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This works very well on both.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 5 (okay! so here' the thing! There is many hypes on Cool Water and this. Cool Water opening is same with this! Serious, the only thing is, instead of a sprite opening type, this one is lemon opening, and the middle and end notes is more of a lemon, light type of scent, and totally different from GIT).

Sillage: 4 (Gently sits there when I am doing nothing, Pumps up when walking ).

Time length: 5 (8-9 hours, okay Creed, seems like GIT likes my skin XD).

Occasion: 4 (jack of all trades, if you are playing polo, this scent will wipe out everyone coming your way XD).

Overall base on mathematics: 4.5/5

OKAY! Creed! Not bad XD

asianmetalhead
asianmetalhead

The single greatest scent ever crafted by a human being. bottom line. I bet you God would sport this even.

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is absolutely one of the sexiest fragrance a man can wear. Also one of the finest and most wearable Creed fragrances around. It's from the 80's and don't smell like old grandpa! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Anyway there are more complex fragrances than Green Irish Tweed, but this one smell amazing. Your girlfriend will love you, her mother will love you to, even her grandmother.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Recently I found & tested it. After reading so many compliments and positive reviews, I’ve been expecting something really extraordinary and legendary. But … it was just good, with very high longevity and sillage.
Good, just it! (But indeed!)

اخیراً تونستم این عطر رو تست کنم.
بعد از اینکه مدتها در مورد این عطر مطالب هیجان انگیز و تعریف و تمجیدهای خیلی زیاد خونده بودم، انتظار خیلی زیادی از این عطر داشتم
انتظاری که بعد از تست کردن اون برآورده نشد

عطر خوب و خنک و دلنشینی هست که دوام خوبی هم داره
اما من نتونستم واژهء "افسانه ای" رو توی اون پیدا کنم
البته بجز قیمتش

BIG
BIG

GIT started the whole fresh-ozonic-aromatic trend and when i smell it a lot of frags came to my mind that tried to imitate this fragrance either fully or partially. I'm not a fan of this scent, but i do acknowledge it as a pioneer and as a trend-setter among perfumes.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

First, it took me years of owning this treasure from Creed to figure out its seemingly unrelated name. And then it struck me, it's the smell of a prickly woolen blanket that's a bit dampened in a country house while unused. There's smth here that's connected to my personal childhood memories. But, Gosh, how on earth did they manage to create such an outstanding scent using such a common theme?!

Second, I didn’t intend to buy it even at Christmas sales but then, after my visit to a shop, I felt a very enchanting smell going from the cosmetics bag hours and hours later and didn’t calm down until I dug it out and identified. The blotter with GIT.

When you like the scent so much as I do, you can’t distinguish notes, but just smell magic. In his earlier review (before 2008) Luca Turin praised it a lot though mentioned it’s more on the feminine side. To me this scent has no real gender, but if it did, I would choose it as a masculine alter ego of another favourite of mine: Pure Poison Elixir (Dior).

Logically, many people here refer to Cool Water, the next perfume created by the same perfumer. I like it too, fell for it more than 10 years ago, but why should we try to choose between them? Prince Charles is rumored to love and wear both. So, there’s no use to label one a ‘gym slip’ and another ‘mature tweed for the elite’. I think it’s fun to love them both.

Cheeva
Cheeva

This fragrance was my first intro to creed several years back , it opens with a green, lush, iris/ lemon verbena combo. After about 30 minuets, You start getting the violet, vetiver, and basil. lastly, after about 7 hours later ,(On my skin anyway), you get the Mysore, ambergris, and sandalwood, which is incredible. For those who want to compare this with CW, I would say don't., CW is liner and one dimensional, where as GIT is multilayerd and 3 dimensional. Its like comparing a fish wish sandwich, with a Chilean sea bass dinner.

pilar
pilar

Green Irish Tweeed is a thinner, louder version of Cool Water. Both fragrances were made by Pierre Bourdon (Kouros, Feminite du Bois, etc), who told an interviewer that Cool Water was the best fragrance he ever made.

For what it's worth, on my husband I find Cool Water far more restrained and appealing than Green Irish Tweed. GIT is nice, but it must be the most over-rated fragrance in history. And for the record, they are both comprised of approximately 85% synthetic materials. The only difference is that Cool Water is a more complete fragrance and uses the synthetics to greater advantage.

Blissful80
Blissful80

I bought this for my man for his birthday and he loves it and I love it too! I honestly can't keep my hands off of him when he wears it! I can't find the words to explain how sexy Green Irish Tweed smells. Its very expensive but it is worth it! I really love how the smell of it stays on everything, place and anything he touches including me!!! When he puts it on he always hugs me and kisses me and it drives me crazy! Very masculine fragrance! lol

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

DISCLAIMER: I am not very adept or experienced at reviewing men's fragrances, but awesomeness kindly sent me this sample to play with so I will try to do her justice!

I can smell something 'weedy' in the top notes which I attribute to the lemon verbena. It is very fresh and clean. I can also pick up some creamy woody notes, but that is about all. Somehow it does smell 'green' though.

I tried it out on Mr Catbiscuit but he has trouble with fragrances like this (Cool Water too) - they turn somewhat musty, thin and sweaty on him. Poor bugger, and poor me too, because there is something so sweet, yet so masculine and heartbreakingly tender about this seemingly streamlined cologne.

Boys if you have the right chemistry, GIT *will* work its simple pleasures on the hearts and minds of ladies everywhere.

guest_drwonder
guest_drwonder

Not to be critical, but fragrantica has the notes wrong. It's a very straightforward top notes of lemon and french verbena, middle notes of violet leaves and florentine iris, and basenotes of mysore sandalwood and ambergris. A simple and WONDERFUL composition I've been using for over 15 years. It's my go-to fragrance, it's good anytime of year, it always smells great, and it even mixes well with many other colognes. THE star scent of Creed and any other cologne house. Period.

mehrdad

ادکلنی بسیار خوشبو و دوست داشتنی که از رایحه آن هیچوقت خسته نمیشوید بسیار کلاسیک و جنتلمن پسند و پر انرژی در عین داشتن آرامش از بوی و شمیم زیبایش
بسیاری از شخصیت ها و هنرپیشگان مطرح دنیا این ادکلن را استفاده کرده و میکنند همچون:
کری گرانت
E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com
Kik: mehrdad_gallery

lfmars98
lfmars98

Very aquatic opening similar to cool water, but more natural smelling. Drydown is very good and clean.

guest_Snoopy
guest_Snoopy

I have this fragrance and the base is mysore sandalwood not cedar. this smells very natural not synthetic at all.Lasts a long time on my dry skin.It was a gift ,too expensive yes but excellent quality.

Omega Man
Omega Man

An excellent fresh-woody-musk. If you really like Cool Water and money is no object, then go ahead and buy this. It smells better than Cool Water - but not 10X($) better.

ras294
ras294

Far and away one of the most amazing scents I have ever worn. The opening is crisp and remarkably green; however its the dry down that makes this fragrance a true classic. Even after three or four hours this fragrance still projects a sweet, powdery cedar note. First class! Very expensive, very worth it.

Lance
Lance

Seems like Creed always has wonderful perfumes! But It's over priced, even more than Bond No.9
Actually both 2 houses have a lot of similarities: fabulous scents, having only one bottle shape, high prices, and hard to find in the shop!
Unfortunately I love this brand :(
For me, every fragrances from this house is to-die-for

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

The top is okay, sort of like a more natural Cool Water, but the drydown...the DRYDOWN is magnificent. I can't describe it so you will just have to test it out yourself.

cybergoth
cybergoth

its a Wonderful fragrance and it turns heads but 2 over priced

Charlus
Charlus

Wonderful fragrance. Very nice smell. Similar to Cool Water but more better. High quality components. Amazing sillage and lasting power. In my top 5. A Masterpiece. 10/10

an unreal smell, very chic, modern, green, sofisticaded, and fresh, intense, one of the best from Creed man... a trully masterpiece, sofistication at its best......

guest_oslo-fjord

one of the most natural smelling scents you can get. Masterfully blended. You can use it spring, summer, autumn, winter. For all occations. Always fresh and elegant. A real workhorse of a fragrance. A must have in every mans fragrance collection. A true legend!

guest_jana
guest_jana

i like it so much i wish i was a man to wear this. and since i know nothing about men scents, this doesn´t resemble to me nothing concrete, no cool water or something like that. however, it is a generic man scent, in a good sense. it is what you can smell every day around you but in a much much better way. really grate!

ravenheir89
ravenheir89

Bought this for my ex-boyfriend back then. He loved it sooo much, and i love it on him. Its pretty much similar to Davidoff's Cool Water, but it really takes Coolwater to a whole new level. It smells like the very upscale perfume that it is. Pretty expensive i'd say. A very masculine fragrance which alot of women adores; hence a great compliment-getter. Its not as casual as coolwater, so u probably want to save it for functions/events,etc and not for daily use.

If you love Cool water, u'll absolutely love this. However if u already own Cool water and is more than satisfied with it, i'd say try some different scents as this probably isnt worth your money.

Nonetheless if ure interested in getting something similar to coolwater but more complex and rich, then nothing's stopping you. Overall its a great masculine,matured,long-lasting perfume. I'll give it 4/5....

stxgdv
stxgdv

In my top three for spring, I call this one the king of spring. And no, I don't agree that it smells like cool water. Cool water smells more like an aquatic and this one is more of a green fragrance. I can see how they might smell similar on the top notes but then GIT seems like it gets even better while cool water stays linear. You can pull this one off all year round!

andrew85
andrew85

an absolutely sexy, aristocratic, sofisticade, and sexy perfume for a elegant, sporty, classic man, for everyone that have chic, elegant and aristocratic taste.. one of the best of creed.... many compliments from ladys and man.......

falovalo
falovalo

Green Irish Tweed is a fresh and green fragrance, it's probably a bit boring compared to other things, but it's still nice. I actually think it smells like men's Speed Stick (yes, all the Creed groupies will probably have their knickers in a twist over that comment). But for the price... I'm joining the others here in saying go with Cool Water.

pirata
pirata

This fragrance is very popular and for good reason. Its a very well made fragrance, and although most say it smells just like cool water, it doesnt. It does however have SOME similarity but as far as people saying it smells just like it, I will have to disagree. This fragrance is MUCH more natural than cool water. It has more green notes aswell, in other words, cool water is too basic. GIT explores more and goes deeper and smells far more unique throughout the day, coolwater just smells too simple and synthetic. GIT is a beautiful fragrance and was very well made. My new favorite along with Silver Mountain Water.

This is not an expensive cool water, cool water is a cheap, mimic, that wishes it were GIT. Cool water will never meet the quality, class, or standards of GIT, say what you like but GIT is worth every penny.

mal23
mal23

Really is a great classic fragrance. No if's, and's, or but's about it. It is still one of the best out their for a fresh everyday scent that projects respect. The mysore sandalwood is the key to this classic, its the highest quality sandalwood and my favorite ingredient in this potion. I would reccommend this for ages 25 and up. Overall 10/10.

JeanMaurice

I think many of people with very negative review here, bought a cheap bottle on eBay or somewhere else over the net. Too many false bottles on eBay especially.

Try a real online shop or pay the full price and you wont tell it smell like Cool Water anymore!

It have similarities yes, but never its the same and for sure a thousand times better than Cool Water! It's one of the longest lasting perfume I know and one of the classiest out there.

4.5/5

denmaz
denmaz

yes, it smells like coolwater. but this one is more beautiful, softer, and richer. is it overprized? surely yes. i guess i will stick to coolwater for daily activity.

guest_oslo-fjord

Smells like a refined Cool Water. Very nice, but not worth the money! A little overpraised.

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

I like it, but to me it's nothing extremely special. I get a soapy green fresh kind of smell from it. It does have a nice classy feel, and as a subtle fragrance it's a good choice. But I don't like it enough to buy it

Stefan
Stefan

VERY EXPENSIVE COOLWATER!!!

SMELLS THE SAME. Maybe not at first, but the drydown is no different.
Coolwater actually lasts longer too.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

2nd bottle of creed.paid an arm & a leg for it.smells a lil like the 1st bottle of curve, MUCH cheaper. this is a lil better tho

The pompous and pretentious one for those who are seduced by SA bull.... about best quality natural ingredients and so on. This is a good example of people willing to pay 200$ up for somethig good but don't want to be the poor ass guy who wear cool water. Be smart buy the latter!
Original santal and vetiver are other very good example of this fraudulous speech made by this brand

Kiwichick_NZ
Kiwichick_NZ

Very nice but extremely expensive even at wholesale level which is a shame. I'd recommend ALL men to have a bottle of this in their collection. You will never go unnoticed especially to those who are well aware of what you're wearing. It's worth every penny. I LOVE it when my husband wears G.I.T (especially to public events and functions)....BUT.... I make sure not to show it or give too many compliments or else he'd be splashing it on everyday!!!

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Its very green, fresh, natural, and sophisticated. Lasts a long time but its downfall is that it's expensive.

shamus1
shamus1

After completely trashing Creed and their awful Original Vetiver fragrance, I feel obligated to review GIT. Simply put, if I were told to pick only four fragrances to wear for the rest of my life, GIT would be on that short list (along with Equipage, L'Instant Homme and Eau Sauvage). The best way to describe this is that it's a lot like Cool Water, but less sweet, more masculine, muskier and with much higher quality materials. Go easy on the application, though, because it's loud and highly concentrated. GIT is the perfect foil to snooty Olivier Creed's absurd claim that fragrances with mostly natural materials are always superior to those with synthetics (in one interview, he equated perfumers who use lots of synthetics with line order cooks at Burger King). Creed is probably jealous because I've heard that GIT was created by Pierre Bourdon, not Olivier Creed, and is so much better than so many of his own creations (no great surprise then that he takes credit for creating GIT on Creed's website). GIT is obviously a primarily synthetic fragrance, and is no less for it at all. Worn sparingly, it is the pinnacle of good taste.

dandy721
dandy721

Ah but i think they've changed the bottle, now is trasparent . This fragrance is amazing but not long lasting on my skin

steve_arm
steve_arm

There's been a lot of talk on how GIT
presents similarities with Cool Water.
No, GIT takes of to a divine scent while
CW is an 80's synthetic fragrance, though for it's time was a break through. No similarities unless lavender smells like iris.

Anyway, for anyone wanting to try what
would be the fragrance of all time, should put his hand deep in his pocket and buy this juice.

The opening is a premiere of perfection while it
settle downs to a love of violet leaves and iris and the dry-down is sandalwood and ambergris. How he has worked the proportions of iris and ambergris is a masterpiece. Perfect.
The only disadvantage is the silage, it's low.
To put it simple, GIT is the gentleman's cologne.
This is how love smells.

elpidiodm
elpidiodm

This is one of my favorite colognes. Another fragrance by Creed that I like very much is Himalaya. They are both very expensive and classy. Green Irish Tweed is so much more than Cool Water by Davidoff. This has got to be one of the most magnificent and elegant fragrances.

dean76
dean76

I walked into the cologne store, hoping to find a smell that I am looking for in a very long time, not too strong, not too light ..kind of in the middle ..when I smelled Green Irish Tweed (for men), I just fell in love, this unique smell is long lasting and can wear it for any occasion, been getting complements from lots of people.

Andrewthecologneguy
Andrewthecologneguy

If you've smelled Cool Water by Davidoff, then you have a very good idea of what Green Irish Tweed smells like. Green, dark with a dull finish.
Very expensive, but worth it.

knightz
knightz

A soft green herbal fragrance, with a lightly sweet floral note of Iris in the top. A very smooth and light Vetiver note graces the heart. The base is woody, mostly Sandal. Very linear from start to finish. I have to use a lot to get good sillage and longevity. With a generous application, it lasts 6+ hours on me.

For me, what gives Green Irish Tweed it's "to die for" dry-down is the Mysore Sandalwood of the base. The Mysore wood is the best Sandalwood note I have ever smelled in a fragrance... clean, earthy, and slightly dry... magic to the nose.

I use it for daytime casual wear, designer casual (like a tweed sports coat worn with some Tab Twills casual), not for blue jeans and t-shirts. Fresh and natural, nothing synthetic. Very expensive. Indulge.

guest_peter
guest_peter

This is the world class EDT

i would recomend to everybody this is the one. i had tryed almost all the EDT but this is the one..

afraafra
afraafra

Legendary fragrance worn by many famous people past and present. Very expensive though

Green Irish Tweed by Creed 4.35 out of 5 based on 1498 ratings and 322 user reviews

Sample
Perfume.com
Cologne 4oz
Green Irish Tweed Cologne by Creed - 4 oz Millesime Spray
Green Irish Tweed Cologne by Creed - 4 oz Millesime Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Green Irish Tweed fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Green Irish Tweed, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Green Irish Tweed by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Green Irish Tweed by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.