Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Imperatrice Eugenie Creed for women

Imperatrice Eugenie Creed for women
dislike

Imperatrice Eugenie is a tender floral created for the Empress Eugenie, a beautiful woman and the wife of Napoleon III.

The word millesime appears on many CREED fragrance bottles and is a mark of quality. The millesime designation means that the best crops from a particular year’s harvest were used in the creation of that particular bottle of CREED fragrance. Imperatrice Eugenie was launched in 1862. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Third Generation.

Bergamot Lemon

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Imperatice Eugenie Creed

Notes: Bergamot Lemon Jasmine Rose Amber Sandalwood Vanilla

I wonder if the notes are listed correctly. There's got to be iris in this. It's a beautiful powdery rose and vanilla scent but in my experience when a fragrance turns very powdery it has rose and iris notes. This is a sweet soft floral, unmistakably feminine. There could also be an opening of the tiniest softest aldehydes but it could be fresh bergamot and lemon. It's very fresh at the beginning. The heart is floral with rose and jasmine. I do agree with the reviewer that compared this to scents like Chanel No. 5 and Ombre Rose. It's powdery, floral, and old fashioned. The dry down is the best part as I can smell the sandalwood and amber. I would have to say that this scent is mature not old lady mature but for a woman who has experience putting on different types of scents and this one has a very vintage type of feel. It's also quite simple, not linear, but not heavy and not very complex. It's a simple floral with sandalwood. Sweet and lovely. It's very expensive however so be sure you test it or buy a vial to sample it before making the decision to actually buy it. There are some better Creed scents out there but I do love how powdery and rose-scented this fragrance becomes.

Parfumee

NOTES: BERGAMOT LEMON JASMINE ROSE AMBER SANDALWOOD VANILLA

SILLAGE: HEAVY RADIATES WITHIN SIX FEET

LONGEVITY: VERY LONG LASTING 12 HOURS

RECOMMENDED USE: FORMAL, EVENING WEAR, SPRING AND SUMMER

REMINDS ME OF: NEW MISS DIOR BY CHRISTIAN DIOR, CHANEL NO. 5 OMBRE ROSE BY JEAN CHARLES BROSSEAU

The story goes that in 1862 during which time the French Second Empire was well into it's 2nd decade under the government of Emperor Napoleon the 3rd (Napoleon Bonaparte's nephew), his Spanish wife the Empress Eugenia Montijo, a fashionista and the most beautiful woman in France at the time, was in need of her very own fragrance. She made specific requests that the fragrance should contain rose and jasmine which were her favorite flowers. Whether or not this is true the perfume as created by Creed is a beautiful feminine floral fragrance. It has a classic vintage vibe and wears a bit like Miss Dior the reformulation new version. It opens the same way with citruses. Fresh and perfumy citruses of bergamot and lemon, not quite a men's aftershave scent but very old fashioned citrus and a little aldehydic touch reminiscent to the opening of Chanel No. 5. The citruses are refreshing and cool. Classic. The scent then develops into a lovely rose perfume. It's a powdery rose and there could be some iris and orris root in this that is not listed on Fragrantica. The powderiness comes from iris and also rose attar. Unmistakbly feminine, old fashioned and mature. If you like roses you should really like this one because it does smell like classic rose perfumes. This reminds me of my grandmother who was Spanish and who wore perfumes with roses and jasmines, very similar to Chanel No. 5. This is actually better than No. 5 which has distinct musky smell at the dry down. In Empress Eugene the musk is replaced by sweeter soapier touches of amber and the aromatic sandalwood. There is also a sweet vanilla. Powdery like talcum powder in a woman's boudoir. Not terribly sexy but very sophisticated, elegant, and regal. As the scent has left behind the loud citrus and flowers it softens into powder that reminds me of Ombre Rose by Jean Charles Brosseau. If you're one of the few who enjoy powdery perfumes this is a delight. I do love this fragrance but it makes me feel terribly formal, conservative and not the least bit relaxed. It makes me want to sit up straight in my chair in my best evening gown, with my hair up. If a girl wants to stand out she can spritz this baby on her neck or wrists and stand out at a formal party. It's like a debutante party perfume and even a wedding perfume. Very beautiful, timeless, gorgeous.

cloudberry
cloudberry

My husband finds this absolutely ravishing on me, which makes me smile after reading reviews that say that this is an "Old Lady" scent. I'm a young lady, and my husband is also young, but maybe we're just into "retro" . For us, this is HOT! Yes, it's old-fashioned, but I imagine that falling into jasmine-scented petticoats and silk skirts must have been pretty sexy, and not old-ladyish in the slightest. When I wear this, my husband can't keep his hands off me, and I get nothing but compliments. I also look like a lady, but know that there's a grande horizontale within me waiting to get out at the end of the day.

transitionalobjects
transitionalobjects

Truly amazing to experience; it is undeniably from the 19th century. One tiny spray is enough for the day, more than that and you will offend your companions. I like this, but I must admit no one around me does - so, beware.

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

a very floral one exclusive to floral die-hard fans , very simple & nostalgic with a touch of melancholy & darkness of Midevil ages , opens with a balanced citrussy Rose to a heart of royal very realistic dewy Jasmine , down to a powdery floral-sandalwoody base with a perfect touch of mostly quiet vanilla & evident amber. so its truely beautiful & minimalistic Retro style , contradicting deeply with the ever changing modern sweety tastes . Lastly with a very good lasting power & strong yet not loud sillage . but be careful , on some non-compatible body chemistry it could turn really skanky & repulsive . so test thoroughly before buying. thanks.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

I love this one , the Jasmin comes through strongly. I am never afraid to be considered an old lady . I am 54 and I am often treated as one possibly because I have white hair. I do like some perfumes that are old but since when has "historical" been bad. In fact I prefer heavy florals to things that smell like you should cook with them as many "trendy" modern ones do.

Gorgeous scent I used to wear years ago when I was around 30 from a decant and samples. It's surely a grand scent, very ladylike, elegant, important for special events, warm, tentalising in an old-fashioned way. It's extremely powerful, strongly floral with jasmin and a heavy ambery powdery drydown. Something a baroque dame would wear. Never received comments other than "old lady stuff" from others, especially men. Well. at least I was a very refined and classy "old lady"!

veruska
veruska

This is my Favorite Creed. To be honest is the only Creed that i really like.It;s for me the scent of temptation.It starts with a fresh bergamot and continues with a gorgeous ripe jasmine and sweet green rose laced with honey. At this moment isstunning. At the end is deep resinous and woody. A worthy Creed.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Imperatrice Eugenie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Creed Imperatrice Eugenie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Imperatrice Eugenie by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Imperatrice Eugenie by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.