Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Irisia Creed for women

Irisia Creed for women

Irisia Creed for women Pictures

Irisia is an homage to iris, the royal flower depicted on the French symbol of the fleur de lis. Fleur de Lis translates to "lily flower," but the plant depicted in this enduring symbol most closely resembles and is widely believed to be a member of the Iris family.

Irisia is based on the finest iris from Florence. The composition includes bergamot in the top, iris, tubereuse infusion and violet in the heart, on a base of ambergris and amber. Irisia was launched in 1968. The nose behind this fragrance is James Henry Creed Fifth Generation.

Bergamot Mimosa Mandarin Orange Peach

iris Tuberose Violet

Ambergris Sandalwood Patchouli Amber Vanilla Oakmoss Cedar

Irisia Fragrance Reviews

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

IRISIA is an elegant and exquisitely balanced perfume. Just smelling this fragrance from the bottle or enjoying it on the skin, it is clear that the finest materials were used to produce it.

The top notes on my skin are all present and masterfully blended. For a few minutes, I enjoy the mimosa, bergamot, peach and orange. The combination is neither acidic nor sweet, rather it is fresh and citrusy. Eventually, the middle notes replace the citrus with a strong tuberose and faint whiffs of violet and iris. On me, the flowers do not linger long before I am left with a much warmer and darker perfume composed of oak moss, amber, cedar and patchouli that lasts for close to 7+ hours and radiates within arm's length.

This is definitely a strong, mature perfume that requires a confident woman who doesn't allow a perfume to wear her. This fragrance commands presence and will devour little girls who are none the wiser . . .

Everyone is right about the "senior" scent. It is a classic chypre and rather heady, but if that's what you're looking for as a wonderful Iris this is it. I feel very Billie Holliday putting this on. Gorgeous, old-fashioned and not drugstore-y. Expensive but worth it.

I had Irisia for a gift! It's much too overpowering on me and I wish I could find a way of getting rid of it without being blamed for polluting the environment!

Beautiful chypre! I'm just now experiencing it, and it really is lovely and pretty much a green chypre lover's dream along the lines of Scherrer's original, Aliage/Alliage & Devin, No.19 (but much warmer), Coty's Chypre, etc.

Despite the notes pictured above, I find no fruit in it other than bergamot, so it doesn't go the way of Mitsouko or Femme, but shares much of their make-up. It's much more floral and green - fresh to a certain degree - with labdanum, making it a true chypre. The iris is there kinda - it's more like smelling the flower - and deep down, you can sense the root like aspect, though it's more of a freshly snapped and unearthed root. There's definitely oakmoss in the base - again - making this a traditional chypre.

All in all, quite lovely, but not groundbreaking - but of very high quality. Any perfume and chypre lover will certainly acknowledge that. Has a great longevity too with a decent, but discrete silage - can be found for rather cheap on Overstock.

Iris? Huh?

This is a lovely classic, earthy chypre. I could liken it to many other chypres of its time (1968), and as I am a fan of the genre and era it would be a compliment, but let’s just consider it on its own. Classic opening with bitter bergamot and oakmoss. Not floral, not powdery. It really moves in a small range of grassy, woody, earthy and leather tones. What I mean by simple here is that it focuses smartly and cleanly on the bergamot, oakmoss and amber triad (with a lot of galbanum and patchouli) that makes a chypre a chypre. Irisia doesn’t stray off course and remains focused on fine-tuning rather than frill. It demonstrates textbook, classic progression over time and captures the unfolding of tones that defines the chypre.

If I had to characterize Irisia, I’d call it whip-smart.

Contrary to what its name might seem to imply, Creed IRISIA is, except for a five-second floral opening, a dark chypre perfume. Based now on a few cases, I have come to the tentative conclusion that the Creed family delights in anagrammatic names for their perfumes. So, IRISIA = chypre; VANISIA = amber; TUBEREUSE INDIANA = not a lot of tubereuse; and NEROLI SAUVAGE = neither nerolic nor wild.

It may take me a while to crack the code, but this seems to be a good start. Perhaps I'll have to do some research in the Creed family archives to discover the solution to this cabalistic conundrum.

Back to the review: IRISIA bears similarities to both Estee Lauder KNOWING and Chanel CRISTALLE edp (not edt!). Dark, brooding, heavy, soil-rich, brown mossy chypre is what it's all about. Not my favorite subgenre of the chypre family, but on occasion it has its appeal.

I can recommend IRISIA, which has excellent staying power, to anyone who likes KNOWING and CRISTALLE edp. On the other hand, if you dislike either or both of those compositions, you're unlikely to find much of interest in this barely floral, iris-challenged, oak-moss heavy chypre.

To me, this smells like old English ladies ...
A little like moist fallen leaves on an alley in autumn ...
Cannot find something expensive or luxurious about it. Disappointing. Nothing special.

I can see where someone would get the Nursing Home smell from this....if by Nursing Home you mean the lovely older ladies and not the home itself! I pictured those ladies myself, at first. Proper ladies who know how to smell that way. Very feminine, flowery. Then the heart began to assert itself, giving the scent a hint of warming sensuality. By the time I went to pick up my daughter from school, the scent had dried down and I really noticed it in the enclosed space of my car; I smelled Expensive, luxurious, warm....yet still like a lady. And a little like a "good girl" who had spent the afternoon being "bad". Good stuff!

Irisia by Creed 3.54 out of 5 based on 47 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Irisia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Creed Irisia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Irisia by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Irisia by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.