Designers » C » Citrus « Groups

Jardin d’Amalfi Creed for women and men

Jardin d’Amalfi Creed for women and men
dislike

Jardin d’Amalfi Creed for women and men Pictures

Creed expands the Royal Exclusives line with three limited edition fragrances launched in 2011: Jardin d'Amalfi, Original Cologne and White Flowers. These fragrances celebrate the 250th anniversary of the house.

Jardin d'Amalfi celebrates the lush summer gardens of Italy's Amalfi coast.

A CREED Royal Exclusive, Jardin D’Amalfi is packaged in a hand-blown Pochet glass bottle etched with CREED’s crest. The cut-glass cap reveals an open-neck pour.

Top notes: mandarin, bergamot, lemon, pink pepper and petit grain. Heart: cedar, rose and apple. Base: vetiver, white musk and cinnamon.

It is available in bottles of 30 and 250 ml. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot Pink Pepper Tangerine Neroli

Virginia Cedar Apple Bulgarian Rose

Cinnamon Haitian Vetiver White Musk

Jardin d’Amalfi Fragrance Reviews

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Love at first sniff. This opens up with a symphony of juicy apples and citrus fruits. Its almost like fruit punch with all the various notes. The neroli and musk are heaven. Overall, a well rounded, crowd pleasing, and very underrated creed.

Bartdino
Bartdino

Citrus...flowers, very beautiful and fresh o the feminine side for sure. Good sillage, I cant imagine a man wear this but a great work from the Creed house

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

The following review is really for my notes only, its very brief and leaves out a ton of details. Im just typing something that I remember each by. Im sure I will disrespect someones favorite fragrance too.

I was disappointed in this one. All these amazing reviews and I was let down. Nice cologne vibe. That's all I got.

WendyMH
WendyMH

Such a beautiful fresh citrus. In fact, the best citrus I've ever encountered. It has an icy breeze within it - the word Freon comes to mind - THAT cool. Perhaps this chilly waft is from the vetiver and cedar. Almost frosty. It's nice on a hot summer day. I imagine ice cubes chinking in a bright sparkling glass of citrus.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A great summer floral bouquet with a spicy citrus undercurrent. The Bulgarian rose is the star of this fragrance and blends beautifully with the lusciousness of French apple. I am in love with the amazing citrus amalgam (tangerine, bergamot) and with the inclusion of the spicy pink pepper berry note. It seems to balance out the velvety smoothness imparted by the rose, giving it a much needed roughness and edge. Vetiver from Haiti and Virginia cedar give a woody backdrop to the entire show. Again Olivier Creed mesmerizes my senses with his astounding gifts as a master of perfume artistry. It amuses me that the conceptual idea behind this fragrances was a modern dance performance by American dancer Isadora Duncan in 1927.... The first time I smelled its beauty, all I could think of was "Bravo"! (70)

esther12234
esther12234

Just have tested it , who wants save money and love the scent the cheaper alternative is Sergio Tacchini With you .

Zeldado50
Zeldado50

Another creed decant I've been using over these past few summery weeks , perfect for nice sunny weather . It's citrus and that's all I really smell not the rose or fruits . It's pleasant enough but another one I can say when it gone I won't be replacing

kazewayz
kazewayz

A nice summery scent. It has citrus, it's floral. It reminded me of a garden, hence the name "Jardin." A light fragrance. Great for day time. Lasting power? It could've been better, not a lot of depth in this one. Try it.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Very citrus and fruit heavy (a much more complex array of fruits than in most of Creed's more simpler fresh fragrances), but the top notes, which stay throughout are the focus here (moreso than the heart or base). It may take some time to adapt to such a trumpeting yet smooth and elegant blast of citrus, but you will soon appreciate it's alluring beauty.

Extremely versatile (wearable by any one of any age). Longevity and projection are good (not bad or great). And it's very original.

This is one of the better Creeds out there, but there are better Creeds (I like GIT, Aventus, MI and SMW a bit better, but this does come close). Though for most people, for one reason or another, this will not be worth the very high asking price, but collectors may want to at least get a decant if they can.

Still, great quality fragrance if you can afford it!

williamvargas
williamvargas

as a big creed fan, most of their scents i think wow , something special, but i get a sniff of this and i think wholly shit they did it again, has to be one of the best citrus scents i have come across, just beautiful.. well done creed..very special.. i gotta save some money!
wow!! a mouth watering fragrance..lol... i mean not every scent they make i fall in love with , but most of them i have appreciation for all their efforts seems as though most of their scents will fall into the love category and this is no exception..maybe there should be a category for really love it.

storm61
storm61

Some of the reviews here... I mean man, come on come on. What kind of taste you have guys? I dont think it s a any good if you call this masterpiece ordinary.

This is by far the most beautiful summer citrusy very refreshing bergamot and lemon scent ever.

This scent is just out of this world, Yes Creed has done it again after 250 years later. Expensive? Well it is but its worth every single penny.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Although this fragrance is classified as a Citrus, my least favorite group, Jardin d' Amalfi is quite tolerable to my nose. This is not a bitter, sharp, migraine inducing citrus but a sweet, fresh, low profile citrus with energetic qualities.

I'm going to take a leap here and wager that the Amalfi tangerine, a note I am not very familiar with, is the culprit that allows me to enjoy this unique aroma. It seems like a vanilla plant cutting was grafted onto an orange tree and produced an amazing fruit flavor similar to that of an orange-cream popsicle.

The vetiver is not very prominent but it does give the musky creaminess an added boost. Nice and light but smooth and creamy. Whipped cream meets Orange Sorbet. If you mix Orange Juice, Milk, and 43 liquor, it makes an alcoholic beverage with the name Dreamscicle. That's what I'm wearing!

s.pa_pandora
s.pa_pandora

I think it is green foral fruity citrus scent. It is the best mixture that I have never seen. Rose is rather prominent but I smell of the fruity at the same time. Citrus and Spicy scent are nice on the top, although living in short time, they make me impressive. Some cedar and vetiver support the fragrance to be rich and make me feel royal and luxurious as upper class. Longevity is o.k., it's about 8 - 10 hours and moderate sillage on me. Best for spring and summer

joshua224
joshua224

A truly beautiful scent, very natural smelling and clean - I get a slightly soapy vibe. On my skin I get mostly rose and neroli. The neroli is a bit like the neroli in Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino - very bright and summery. While the rose note is a watery kind of rose (I cant think of a better way to describe it), it kinda reminds me of a rose apple and not a rose petal.

The scent is definitely unisex - in the same category as Creed's MI, without the longevity issue. I get a solid 6-8 hours of moderate to good projection and then it becomes a skin scent.

Some have said that JDA is very similar to D&G light blue . I do see the similarity however only in the later stages of the dry down. JDA is so natural smelling you really can't compare it to Light Blue.

Final score = 8.5/10.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This fragrance has three main acts, the first act on application is the bergamont, lemon and a really nice realistic tangerine note. This then leads into the heart of the scent with a beautiful neroli and rose whilst still having the fruit notes lingering. I have to say the neroli in this scent is heavenly. The final act comes in the basenotes where you get a musky vetiver with cinnamon and ambergris with the neroli lingering.

And after seven/ eight hours thats what I'm left with now is a lovely ambergris and neroli just projecting lightly off me.

A huge thumbs up from me with this one as it does smell incredible and the neroli is of the best quality I have ever smelled.

Dublin25
Dublin25

Fantastic! Not even close to D&G Light Blue.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

By the reviews going around the internet, I would have thought this scent would be the be all and end-all!

So I was excited when it came, but sigh- it's not quite! I agree with the persons stating similarities with D&G Light Blue, however it's certainly an improvement. But is this enough for $200 dollars extra? (!)

In the end- I was disappointed at its linearity, especially considering it's whopping price-tag! You will be shocked.

It is fine quality materials as we expect from the House, but I really feel Creed should have offered more - far more. Bad points in summary- it's tame, lacks flair and intensity, and missing that something magical. I'm aware this is meant to be about the fruits of a Ornate garden, but still Luxury woods are startlingly absent here, something this scent really could benefit from. Spices also are quite lacklustre. Cinnamon and pink pepper, if they're at all there are very low-key indeed! Not even any vanilla to add some weight and more natural sweetness.

Instead it just remains as linear, soft tangerines/musks. Not good enough.

I get a prominent orange blossom/herbal citrus at the start that is very airy and transparent. Refreshing, but the scent lacks an edge, I would have certainly preferred a little more sweetness and boldness! It certainly doesn't sparkle, rather very subtle and steady in it's projection. Some neroli, some clementines. No lemons! And more tangerines.

Good quality bergamot is quite clear here too with the tangerine, but not a good note for me really. Not so much apple/cinnamon would suggest an apple pie gourmandy vibe, but not quite so. I really like the musk, but sadly even more let down again by absence of Creed's Royal ambergris. I really thought this would have much benefited from! But, oh well.

It certainly is leagues ahead of Creed's own Royal Water (horrible!), but sadly still disappointed as for this Princely sum you should be getting a little more vibrancy, sparkle and flair from the House. But it's one of the highest quality blends on the market today, and smells quite Royal in itself!

Just do not go investing expecting a firework display!

2/5 factoring in the price, 3/5 for those with the big pockets. Sorry people, sorry Creed.

dboy2083
dboy2083

This fragrance is a Monster! Very subtle with rich undertones and a very pleasant scent that really lasts. Another Win for Creed!

talnyc
talnyc

This is a very nice scent. Very clean, but the sales person at Bergdorf told me that it was Orange Blossom, not Mandarin....hmmmmmmm. I would consider this a summer fragrance as it is a clean citrusy fragrance. A couple of men were buying this scent for themselves. I recall that this scent will be available on November 5, 2011, and once it sells out, that is it. I did not notice this on the Creed website, so I am not sure if this is a sales ploy or what as the salesman did not know the difference between Orange Blossom vs. Mandarin......Bergdorf is take presale orders now. Check it out.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

Jardin d'Amalfi is D&G Light Blue in a hyper kitch, but expensive bottle.

Jardin d’Amalfi by Creed 4.55 out of 5 based on 129 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Jardin d’Amalfi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Jardin d’Amalfi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jardin d’Amalfi by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jardin d’Amalfi by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.