Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Jasmal Creed for women

Jasmal Creed for women
dislike

Jasmal Creed for women Pictures Jasmal Creed for women Pictures

Jasmal by Creed is a Floral fragrance for women. Jasmal presents a fresh take on one of the world's most coveted essences—heady jasmine flower. Jasmal features both Italian and Moroccan jasmine essences.

The top note is bergamot; middle notes are Italian and Moroccan jasmine; base notes are galbanum and ambergris. Jasmal was launched in 1959. The nose behind this fragrance is James Henry Creed Fifth Generation.

Bergamot

Italian Jasmine Moroccan Jasmine

Galbanum Ambergris

Jasmal Fragrance Reviews

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Hmmm... okay... wow... WOW! Fresh, crisp jasmine with some unusual subtle skank. Initially, I thought it was classic jasmine indole, but then it appeared more animalic, more fleshy than vegetal. Attributable to the ambergris note no doubt, making for a curious opening. Galbanum then sharpens the senses and adds a bitter green edge that keeps the nostrils flared wide open.

Creed boutique website claims that in addition to the flower, jasmine leaves and vines are used in this composition. In union with ambergris, this somehow creates a soft powdered suede/skin-like accord in the heart for me.

All the while though, galbanum hovers a little erratically making Jasmal a little discordantly aromatic, yet somehow it feels purposeful--like the painting by Magritte of the man in a bowler hat with his face obscured by a floating green apple.

The first time I tried Jasmal I dismissed it rather quickly as a little jarring, but on second wearing, I find it unusual, surreal, and fascinating and not unlike my experience with Ralph Lauren Safari.

emily7
emily7

After rather intimidating (old-fashioned, old-worldly) opening, evolves into beautiful, bright jasmine that shines with sweetness, femininity and charm. It's also quite potent and slightly indolic, indicating there's a sinful, wild side hidden behind its' obvious loveliness.

Oh gosh, I'm in love again...

Aquarky63
Aquarky63

Hmmmm... I did not find an indolic attribute to this on my skin....a tad sharp at first and stayed green and fairly soft throughout with warm end. It is simple as noted by others, but a nice light simple jasmine to me. That said, won't be buying more because I like a bit more ooomph and distinctiveness. Had never had anyone ask me what it was I was wearing when I wear Jasmal. (I guess that means they neither love it not hate it). Once you see price tag, you tend to like it somewhat less.

lupereira
lupereira

I love jasmine, but this scent in my skin became very indolic. I don´t know why. Try before. It was a trouble cause seems last forever.

jtd
jtd

I really don't find the indolic jasmine that others mention. The opening is not appealing, but it is interesting for the fact that it does hold together some opposing elements. The topnotes , while not smelling of jasmine to me, are sharp and arid, yet green and crisp and a bit urinous.

I spent a brief paragrapsh on the topnotes. Let me be more concise with the next two and give a snapshot of the complexity and charm of the perfume in its heart and basenotes.

Gets soapy.

Smells like inexpensive lily of the valley.

I used to try to understand Creed, and felt that I just wasn't a Creed customer. Knowing that their concept ('the esteemed house of Creed') and their representation of the company strike a nerve in me, I've given them more benefit of the doubt than I otherwise would have. I'm revising my opinion. I simply don't think that the bulk of the Creed fragrances I've tried are very good. The compositions are unfocussed, often derivative and evolution of the fragrances tends to be unengaging.

To end on a positive note, I really do like Irisia.

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

Creed Jasmal. when I see the notes pyramid I just realize how simple this fragrance was, yet it amazes me at how Creed ever managed to create a simple, refreshing without too mainstream kind of jasmine fragrance?

I see the answer: AMBER! yes, this notes quite prominent and giving certain differences compared with other fragrances with Jasmine that I ever encounter. Its further increasing the earthly and indolic feels of this fragrance. Jasmal is not overtly feminime, its almost unisex thanks to its amber. its a bit stingy sometimes, I notice this with many of other Amber based fragrances.

The Jasmin here is a bit serious, so ease at trigger and less spray. there's amber notes that eff a bit of masculinity. good for dinner or formal party. longevity is moderate with noticeable projection. worth to buy? err... I would never buy a second bottle.

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

Indolic is indeed the right word. The epitome oh white flowers! The most incrdible jasmine. I feel positively languid when I wear it.

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

I was a bit disappointed. When I first smelled the tester at Neiman's it was inticing then I was told it was being discontinued so I ordered the last of it and was not so happy about it. It doesn't smell like the tester I smelled before and its similar to fleurissmo.

Tovah
Tovah

All the recent press about the re-opening of the case involving the tragic, disturbing death of Natalie Wood made me think of Jasmal. Even though Wood was "old" to me (haha), even older than my mother(!) I always thought she was exquisite. Despite my red hair and hazel eyes, over the years people have claimed that I bear a strong resemblance to Wood (possibly because of my Russian ancestry and my size/body type); so I was naturally intrigued by her. I'm flattered by the compliments but I definitely don't deserve them. I'm familiar with a couple of Wood's nervous-breakdown, melancholy, tear-jerker movies. (Who can watch This Property is Condemned without crying?) I've seen photos of Wood, and my hands fit exactly into her cement imprints on Hollywood Blvd., but I don't know nearly enough about her to analyze Jasmal as her personal fragrance. I've read that Jasmal was created for Wood in 1959, when she was 21 years old. Jasmal doesn't smell "21" to me, because even though it's ethereal and light, it has a depth of burden and complexity that comes with sophistication. Jasmal is very green, very jasmine, very vintage, to my nose. It is beautiful, and radiant, and classy. Wearing it would make me sad, because it seems as though the angst of Marjorie Morningstar has been preserved in a liquid.

francisrose
francisrose

This is not a very complex fragrance. The opening is a light citrus and the drydown has a little musk but throughout the entire experience jasmine takes center stage. It is similar to Joy perfume in that it is an old fashioned floral with lots of class. If you like jasmine then you will love this perfume.

Dandycorns
Dandycorns

I was loving this when I first smelled and used it. I feel I want some more sweetness on it now because it is starting to seem cloyingly green for me. Smells very organic which is unique about this fragrance. Certainly doesnt seem to be anything synthetic in here. Drys down much more harmless than some of the green initial smell but still I'm yearning for something musky or sweet with it.

Thanks to Creed JASMAL, I finally know the meaning of the word 'indolic'. I had seen the word in so many reviews in which perfumistas breathed a sigh of relief that the perfume under evaluation was NOT indolic. Thus it was fairly easy to infer that indolic was a euphemism for "stinky", but until JASMAL, this particularly difficult to support jasmine component was merely a hypothetical possibility lying in parts of the olfactory Ur-sphere yet to be charted by me.

Today, I can affirm that indolic is indeed a euphemism for stinky. But JASMAL actually drove me to the dictionary, where I learned that there is also an organic chemistry explanation for the off-putting smell of indolic jasmine--that it contains a highly potent molecule in common with civet. In fact, all of the technical details really pale in the face of the reality of a waft of indubitably indolic JASMAL.

I might be able to finish the sample, by mixing it with VS VANILLA LACE or some other dilutant, but it's safe to say that JASMAL is not on my wish list. This edp is not merely all jasmine all the time, but indolic jasmine too much of the time!

belletresor
belletresor

I wanted to like anything Creed, but am so glad I purchased a small decant to try before spending the huge $$ on this! It was horrible, horrible. I waited and waited for it to dry down into something vaguely enjoyable but that never happened. I just ended up washing it off and assuming my nose just isn't sophisticated enough to run with the Creed crowd!

Too green jasmine. This fragrance reminds me a jasmine cologne.
I don't like it.

Carla
Carla

Creed's Jasmal is a refined floral that expresses a continental flair of politeness. This light and creamy jasmine has a personality all its own. Unlike other singular based jasmine perfumes which can be overwhelming, Creed's formula has nipped it in the bud with this gem. With its dignified richness it captures the flower of the jasmine in a graceful way. I sense a grassy greenness in the middle which leads me to believe that maybe sambac oil was added to this potion to give it an organic feel. This is a short lived fragrance and has a tendency to fade into the night so upon application more is better. This dainty scent with its ladylike qualities is not just jasmine, its just per joy!

Jasmal by Creed 3.13 out of 5 based on 52 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Jasmal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Jasmal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jasmal by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jasmal by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.