Designers » C » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie Creed for women

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie Creed for women
dislike

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie Creed for women Pictures Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie Creed for women Pictures Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie Creed for women Pictures Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie Creed for women Pictures

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie by Creed is a Floral fragrance for women. This fragrance was commissioned by Emperor Napoleon III for his wife, Empress Eugenie, who desired a fragrance of oriental character.

Empress Eugenie's influence extended beyond the creation of this perfume. In 1854, she urged the House of CREED to move from their London location of nearly 100 years to Paris, in order to serve her needs. CREED granted the royal request and moved into the legendary Paris boutique they still occupy today.

The top note of Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is bergamot; middle notes are rose, jasmine and ambergris; base notes are sandalwood and vanilla. Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie was launched in 1989. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot

Bulgarian Rose Italian Jasmine Ambergris

Sandalwood Vanille

Joop! Femme
Royal Delight

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie Fragrance Reviews

Shimmersmom
Shimmersmom

I love this perfume! As others have stated, you cannot judge this by sniffing the bottle. Also, a little goes a long way, one spritz from a fair distance from your skin produces a beautiful effect. Spray to close and you will inundate not just yourself but everyone around you. Take the time to enjoy the beautiful transformation of this scent.

penguin1010
penguin1010

Love love LOVE this perfume! It starts out strong, with an oriental musk to it. Then after about an hour it morphs into a more floral scent, with the ambergris giving it that staying power. After another hour or so, it settles into that more sweet vanilla/sandalwood combo (two of my favorite scents). After 8 hours I can still smell it on my skin, and of course the scent gets stronger when you sweat! At the end of a work day, I can still smell a slight combo of all the scents, but it is no longer as heady as in the beginning. As others have said, this is not a fragrance that will win you over just by smelling it from a bottle. You have to try it on yourself to see how it wears on you. For example, the sales person at one of my city's Creed counters had been wearing it all day, and on her it smelled like a sugary sweet vanilla, almost gourmand. On me it's more like a vanilla sandalwood musk. In any case, this fragrance completely embodies my personality in that I can come on strong but am really sweet once you get to know me! :-)

spidola
spidola

For me it’s a big dislike. And it’s so sad as I love jasmine and vanilla. But I think the main players here are amber and woods. Amber is the note within I have to be always attentive - I do not like it in big amount. The perfume is very, very loud. It’s so loud, that I really cannot attend until the dry down, I’m sorry…

castellot
castellot

My first Creed sample and I'm sorry to say I really dislike it :( . From the notes listed and previous reviews I am surprised and sad.
I've resisted the enormous temptation to scrub my wrists and have been wearing it for 9 hrs now. Unfortunately my response to this fragrance is affected by memories of an older woman who wore something strongly resembling jasmine Imperatrice Eugenie. Therefore I am associating this with an old lady (she was in her mid 70) and as my relationship with her was not the best, so my reaction to this sample has been one of horror quite frankly! I realise that this is not helpful to anyone else wanting to know what it smells like so I shall try to add my thoughts on the notes: I can smell jasmine but it is so attached to the sandalwood and ambergris that I wouldn't really call it a jasmine fragrance. I also get wafts of mothballs, seriously! 9 hours in and it smells very masculine now as the jasmine slowly recedes but the wood and bergamot remains strong. My husband has not commented at all but two of my children have been less than complimentary, pulling faces, claiming headaches and reinforcing my own reaction to it. I like many very powdery scents, ones that other people refer to as Old Lady scents, however this is my first personal experience of a perfume which I solely associate with the very elderly. I am sure that if I knew a very young lady who wore this, then I would change my opinion on the age demographic! (, but still don't think I would like it!). Apologies to all those who love it!

Creed's Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is fast becoming one of my favourite florals for the cooler months. I also consider it one of the more impressive scents from the regular Creed line-up.

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie has some real classic charm. It's a sophisticated and warm take on jasmine, with a hint of sensuality. Many jasmine based scents are either indolic or fresh, however the jasmine in Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie has been made richer with added notes of vanilla and amber. There tends to be more focus on the syrupy vanilla note than there is on the white floral aspect, that is the jasmine in this composition.

It was a love at first sniff. Please note that not many fragrances have the ability to woo me like Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie. I was actually rather hoping that I wouldn't fall in love with anything by Creed because the prices scare the wits out of me. I guess this means that I will be saving up.

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is a strong fragrance, so a few spritzes is adequate. You do get value for your money, that's one thing for certain. Investing in a smaller 30ml bottle may be worth it seeing that very few sprays are required, so you shouldn't run out of it too often.

This fragrance is perhaps too grown-up for me at present, but I will keep it as a permanent fixture in my wishlist until I find the right moment to add it to my collection. It will more than likely be my very first Creed. It could be the first of many.

Bettany87
Bettany87

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is a surprising creamy floriental with lush jasmine, vanilla and warm amber dominant on my skin. Do not let the vanilla fool you, the sweetness is very calm and subdued by the presence of the sandalwood and bergamot yet it holds on to its luscious and balmy nature.

It does start with a big bang but it settles down swiftly into the hypnotic beauty that it is. The notes are superbly blended with no sharp edges, just smooth and refined at every turn. The dry down is a bewitching velvety powder scent, soft but enduring for a long time. The fragrance's opulent aura surrounds the wearer with supreme elegance ... and it just went up to my current top 5 fragrance.

darcy2
darcy2

This is number 1 on my want list now. I tried this about six months ago when I was searching for my wedding day fragrance (turned out to be Elie Saab) and fell head over heels for this. I didn't choose this fragrance because of its opening, rather a sharp blast...but wait...and it opens and dries down to something gorgeous that lasts and lasts, close to the skin. Not a sillage monster, but intimate, elegant, simply lovely.

plumnotes
plumnotes

Unbelievable.

I think this is so elegant. A classic and very fit for any occasion. The notes are perfectly balanced.
Longevity = VERY GOOD :)

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is in my top five.

Rachelyn
Rachelyn

The Empress Eugenie must have been delighted with this. In an era when sanitation and personal hygiene left a lot to be desired, a strong and heady perfume that took you by the nose and sent you off on its own little fragrant performance would have been very much appreciated.

And it IS a performance. On me it starts out as a big, warm, spicy, woody - very sandalwoody - floral; half an hour later when the rose and jasmine are really kicking in, I find myself in awe at the heady beauty of the journey I'm being taken on. It is sumptuous, it is regal, it is drop dead divine; an opulent warm, woody floral with excellent sillage and amazing staying power.

Somewhere around ten to twelve hours later, I notice the bergamot - which is supposed to be a top note - has most unexpectedly got up and taken center stage. The jasmine and rose and woods are still there, but have faded enough to let the sweet citrus freshness come through. It's just such a surprise, and I'm staggered to think this is a fragrance that was devised 200 years ago. I guess I had thought the technique of making a fragrance unfold and bloom over time was a much more recent development.

Anyway - I love it. The longevity is amazing, the whole fragrance is amazing. I'll never be without it again.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Oh gosh, this is so gross on me. So strong, so overbearing. I can feel myself actually getting nauseous thinking about giving this another try. This is so expensive, so do try before you buy. I guess this Creed label means nothing to me. I've tried several and made the mistake of buying a FB of this. I hope I can find the slip to return. I suppose all the lovely reviews are nice, I do wish it worked on me ~ as I so wanted to love this House. Oh well, I guess I'm just a Creed girl. I will give a few samples that I have another go ahead, but I'm not really hoping for a great sharing experiences with time. Another thing with Creed, of the half dozen or so that I have tried, my chemistry is such that I feel my skin just eats it up. I will try though, I will, I will. Maybe even get my husband GIT.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I am in love with this perfume...I have a moderate collection, and I just want to wear this all the time.....over all my other scents. It is soooo pretty and feminine, and so ridiculously well blended and extremely high quality. This is my first from Creed, I think I have found my new house..I am so in love......

Wwendalynne
Wwendalynne

This one accompanied on my doggie walkies today during a seriously damp and cold fall day. While my body felt the chill, my senses felt warmed by this wonderful woody, vanilla, rosy, jasmine scent.

Contrary to another reviewer, I felt this was a total knockout smelling it from the bottle and I was very eagerly anticipating my first wear. However, upon application, I felt I lost some of the character and complexity of the scent. The lime notes did not survive or live on me whatsoever and I really felt a sense of lunchbag letdown.

I then suited up for my walk and during the course of my damp canine adventures my body melded with the fragrance to fantastic results. I was ever so gently wooed by the subtle and evolving rose notes and lulled by the powdery softness and earthy wooden bases. This perfume is hanging with me and enveloping me like a comfy thick blanket. I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience.

mrsriley
mrsriley

i got a 10ml sample of this after being recommended it in a post for sandlewood...and i have to agree it it's a beauty....it does have a bit of samsara to it,but i think it's quite a delicate perfume,unfortunately i love the big powerhouses and to get the same sillage from this i would have to keep spraying myself all day,and at over £100 for a small 30ml i just can't justify the purchase :(..i like to beable to smell myself as i waft around but i could only smell this when i put my nose to my skin..jasmine and sandlewood imo are just wonderful together and if this was cheaper i would buy it in a heart beat,but i think i'll just stick to my joop femme a stronger and more pungent version and only £15 on ebay!!! i'll also just add not one person complimented me on my perfume when i wore this,which shows that on me atleast it was a skin scent,if samsara and joop femme are just too strong and powerful for you but you love the smell,then give this creed a go,i'm sure you will love it.it's samsaras younger sister..and would suit young and old alike..

fanny
fanny

Glorious.

I enjoy it from start to end, and the end is not yet in sight after 6 hours..
The opening is heavy: lots of jasmin together with sandalwood. In the middle sweet vanilla comes through. The rose and bergamot make it superb in the drydown.

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie, I am very happy to say, is mature and distinctive: an empress worthy.

Edit nov. 04:
Longevity more than 24 hours!

rinz09
rinz09

On the skin, this is a powdery, yummy jasmine and sandalwood scent. I love it. It comes in waves, sometimes I don't notice it and then I turn around and it's there, smelling awesome. One thing I will say about it, is it smells awful in the bottle, and for about 5 minutes after you put it on. But after those 5 minutes are up, its so beautiful, and timeless. I feel a bit more grownup when I wear it. Which always helps!

Majesty
Majesty

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie is a full bodied,heavy sandalwood-jasmin perfume which initially smells like grandma's scent,you know..a heavy classic scent.It gets softer and more ''buttery'' as time passes..I had a sample and wore it today,it didn't last on me for long,like other Creed perfumes the lasting power is weak on me.I confess that the opening makes me nauseous,too much jasmine and sandalwood maybe,but it get's better and better over time.If you like jasmine scents(especially strong ones!)give it a try.Don't buy it without trying first!

Winger
Winger

Interesting how oriental it smells. If that's word you use to describe this perfume, I want to add a note - yes, so oriental that reminds me old lady's toilette in my childhood memories - at least on my skin. I was brought up in China and my grandma smells like this - a toilette she uses as a mosquito repeller.

However, I somehow like it for its high-quality, classy, age, floral, feminine feel. I thought I like jasmine but after this one, I won't buy another bottle.

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

I bought this fragrance about a couple of years ago with my mother.It was the featured fragrance for Neimans at the time. I have a small amount remaining and enjoyed it till the last drop. I don't repeat buys with fragrances. I have one time affairs with them and move on the next.

Cereza
Cereza

This is my kind of scent, florals are just my thing and I think I've come to set apart a good floral from a bad one and let's hope this is a good one.
It opened with blast of jasmine and sandalwood combo, those two notes are the most noticable on my sking, but the soapy rose lingers now and then. I'm not the biggest fan of sandalwood, I'll be honest here, so the opening is a bit hard on me, the jasmine soon gets overpowered by sandalwood and I'm left with deep, rich, smoky scent and no flowers. The vanilla plays it's part when it reaches the heart part, but god damn it, there is still no flowers.
Like JeanMaurice already stated - the real magic happens after the first 15 minutes or so, I suddenly seem to not care that there are no flowers, altough I finally get some jasmine out of this. The sandalwood on me calms a bit down and vanilla start to play around with the almost unnoticable bits of jasmine, the smell is sensual, very sexy and very alluring (although I must say I don't dig all the powderness from sandalwood, but that's just me).
The drydown is to die for if we forget about the lack of jasmine and flowers in general - extremely mouthwatering, warm vanilla/amber combo which for me is very comforting.
What else? One should spray this carefully, the sillage is more than excellent and it's easy to overapply.
It lasted more than 8 hours and the drydown was magnificent and the sillage stayed strong all trough the 8 hour period.

Uniqueness: 8/10
Total: 8.6

Louw
Louw

The jasmine is VERY strong and dominant in this, which is good for jasmine-lovers like me.

However, I find that Creed fragrances don't stay long on my skin, which is disappointing given their high price. I also think they are very over-rated. Undoubtedly nice and indisputably good quality but not worth all the hype and certainly not worth so much money. There are much more interesting perfumes out there that don't cost anywhere near as much.

melia
melia

A big jasmine - sandalwood fragrance. It smells exactely like an indian shop, filled with that typical indian incence/oil aroma (they often use jasmine and sandalwood smells). An indian shop it is, but one with quality and class. Because all the Creeds I have smelled untill now really do smell as expensive as they are. Yes jasmin imperatrice eugenie smells bold and big, but still very refined and well blended. It doesn't make you sneeze or give you a headache. For me it would be a perfume for very special occasions, but I allready have Arpege by Lanvin sans the high pricetag, so personally I don't see a reason to buy it. But I really do imagine someone would.

Lady Love
Lady Love

This is a beautiful oriental, very long lasting.
It is a bit like Joop Femme but less Fruity and without the aldehydes. I think is extremely unisex due to the amout of sandalwood.

Absolutely gorgeous, sensual and elegant.

I recommend using smaller quantities of this perfume.

I am totally enamored with this fragrance, it has cast a spell on me! The notes aren't particularly unique, and yet somehow they create something magical. This perfume has an aspect that smells like a sweet jasmine incense. Such a superb, beguiling, and unique fragrance. It was made for a queen, and luckily I'm a Leo, so it will work purrrrfectly for the queen of the jungle!

zsazsa
zsazsa

What a smooth and lovely perfume this is. I love, love, love it. One my (dry) skin it is never too loud or obnoxious. The sillage is medium and the drydown is gorgeous, it lasts about 6-8 hours. Soon it becomes a scent close to the skin, but you and someone close to you will definitely notice it. I noticed it throughout the entire day and I absolutely enjoyed it. It reminds me a bit of my alltime favorite, Shalimar. In Shalimar the notes that dominate are citrus-sandalwood-vanilla, whereas in JIE the notes are jasmin-vanilla-sandalwood. Also, JIE feels like an oriental floral to me, rather than a floral woody musk. Very refined,classy, bold and feminine.

Creed JASMIN IMPERATRICE EUGENIE is a sultry, seductive oriental floral perfume in which jasmine and vanilla dominate from start to finish, with sandalwood becoming more marked in the drydown.

I am quite familiar with the combination of jasmine and vanilla absolutes, as these feature prominently in the BBW Aromatherapy JASMINE VANILLA line (logically enough!). It's a splendid combination, if not particularly subtle. Unfortunately, BBW has phased out this member of their "sensual" line, which is too bad, because there are few more delightful bath experiences than using the BBW JV creamy body wash and luxuriating in the swirling aromas of jasmine and vanilla just above the surface of the water. But I digress.

The Creed formula is just as intoxicating to my nose, and suitable probably only for at-home use on cold winter nights.

I like JASMIN IMPERATRICE EUGENIE quite a lot, but if I were to purchase a bottle, I would probably spend an undue amount of time lamenting the disappearance of the BBW aromatherapy analogue, in large volumes and many different products of which I was able to indulge for a fraction of the price. Still, if someone were to give me a bottle of JIE, I'd surely use it up!

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Classy one. My Girlfriend wear it often and I love it. This one need to be applied softly... no more than 2 spray please. I like it more and more each time she wearing it. It can smell "old" to some young people but in my opinion, after the first 10-15 minutes, when the middle notes begin to show, this is a MASTERPIECE!

One of the longest lasting eau de parfum that I know, AMAZING scent and this is worth the money for sure!

4,5/5

Kterhark
Kterhark

I've worn this four times now and am putting it in my 'really like' category. It's a very high quality jasmine that wears a smidge sweet on me, but not so much that it gets annoying. This is my favorite fragrance from the Creed line, and I htink folks who like floral woody musks would enjoy giving this classy, reserved fragrance a try. My only wish is that it had more 'wood' in the base, and a bit better staying power.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I was shocked by this one; I have a deluxe sample but have put off trying it, expecting to be disappointed due to the two reviews (both bad) that it has had so far. I finally broke down and tried it last night and all I can say is WOW! I LOVE it! Spicy, warm, rich jasmine. I got nothing of a citrus note here, just sexy and refined Jasmine. YUM! For me, I would say it is FBW!

Henriette
Henriette

On my skin the jasmin note is not perceived at all. What I get is the bitter woody note at the base. I use it with great parsimony otherwise I get dizzy (it never happens to me, not even with Opium or Joy)

Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie by Creed 3.98 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.