Designers » C » Oriental Floral « Groups

Love in White Creed for women

Love in White Creed for women
dislike

yellow floral
Love in White Creed for women Pictures Love in White Creed for women Pictures Love in White Creed for women Pictures

Love in White is an oriental floral female fragrance. Inspired by a love of sailing, it symbolizes the brilliant sensation of freedom with the feeling of marine harmony, and brings the best ingredients from five continents of the world.

Love in White greets you with South Spain orange juices. Italian jasmine, French Riviera narcissus, Tonkin rice, Egyptian iris and Guatemala mountain magnolia form the heart, while the base consists of Java vanilla, Calabrian ambergris and Indian sandalwood.

The bottle is white, sculptured, with a lovely silver ribbon around its neck. Love in White was launched in 2005. Love in White was created by Olivier Creed Sixth Generation and Erwin Creed Seventh Generation.

Orange Peel

iris Narcissus Magnolia Rice Italian Jasmine Bulgarian Rose

Sandalwood Vanille Ambergris

Masaki Shiro

Love in White Fragrance Reviews

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I have been complemented on Love In White more than any other perfume I have. To me it is what a perfect and serene day smells like in a far away magical place. It's a comforting scent not sexy or alluring but maybe nostalgic of a different era that captures your attention.

Cams
Cams

A new love - sophisticated citrus, blended beautifully with floral notes and a stunning dry down! This is one of these scents that either works on you or it doesn't - on me it's flawless. It's seems to stick around as I get compliments when I don't smell it anymore.

I can see there are a lot of members who hate this one - never be put off of trying a fragrance on your own skin because it doesn't work for others; that would be a shame.

Love this!

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

This is a very pretty, white floral. Almost gourmand. It does have a plastic note, reminiscent of a halloween store mask. But, its not at all bad. Quite expensive smelling. The drydown is a beautiful, powdery, musk. Its so smooth, like warm milk.

gwmagic77
gwmagic77

Nothing special really

I tested this awhile ago and after awhile it ended up smelling like a bath & body works orange scented lotion I had years ago! Its a shame this is so expensive

Glamdoc
Glamdoc

I'm surprised people don't like this but then, to each his/her own. The mildness of this creation is I think deliberate. This scent calls for finely tailored outfits,neat hair styles( think French chignon),plush carpets and discussions in cultured,modulated tones. If I were to re-name this, I'd call it Elegance.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is probably one of the worst smelling white florals I have ever had the misfortune to test. Admittedly I am not a fan of white florals, but they are sometimes acceptable to me as perfumes, even if I choose not to wear them. This is not. It is very strong and very rough, very, very much over-rated probably because it bears the Creed name. The only good things I can say about it are that it lasts a long time and leaves a very strong trail. This is one of the few times I have to agree with Luca Turin in his very negative assessment of this perfume.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Reminds me of a trip to the beach! I get the slightest hint of sunscreen and seawater mixed in with a gorgeous floral with a masculine touch. I smell clary sage although the note isn't listed. This tends toward the unisex side of the spectrum, a man or a woman could easily wear this. It reminds me the tiniest bit of a less masculine Versace Pour Homme. This is a scent reminiscent of a classy young socialite, relaxing on a yacht with her latest boyfriend on a gorgeous sunny day. As much as I like this, I don't know if I can justify the huge price tag! Maybe someday..

Sunflower77
Sunflower77

This smells heavenly in the first ten minutes with all the floral notes blended harmoniously. It reminds me of J'dore EDP. Then a specific note shows up that I don't care for. I don't know what it is but it smells like coriander leaves. This distinct veggie leafy note does not go well with the heavenly floral notes in my opinion.

The projection is moderate. Longevity is also moderate.

StephaniaLC
StephaniaLC

This perfume was a huge disappointment. I bought the big bottle too. Smells like a barbie when u first buy it. So unnatural ends up being annoying.

darcy2
darcy2

Tested this again today while at Neiman Marcus. Can't understand what I'm missing here, since First Ladies' love this. On me this is just too linear; failing to develop into anything interesting along the way, although it is pleasant and certainly inoffensive. Wait, maybe that why First Ladies' like it so, quality ingredients and class, but won't offend anyone!

babylima
babylima

pretty bottle, yet it smells like ordinary soap. whts worse, it causes me migraines, i couldnt wait to wash it off. A big thumbs down :(

Zobeide
Zobeide

Why is amber, and not ambergris, given in the notes pyramid here? Ambergris' soapy marine quality is present right from the opening, and is as much a feature as the florals to my nose.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

In my quest to find a new signature fragrance, I'm trying Creed's Love in White. I'm trying a sample size to see how this one wears with my skin.

The initial spray of this smells meh on my skin. I'm almost at a loss for words here, simply because with my chemistry-- this is not ringing any type of emotional bells or whistles for me.

The longer this wears on my skin, the more alluring it is becoming - but I'm still at a loss for exactly what to say. One minute, I smell this and it smells like a hint of cough syrup, the next... it smells like something with a flair of an amazing alluring pheromone with a base of coffee or tobacco. I'm not going to cheat and look at the ingredient list, but it is coming in with a smell like coffee and/or tobacco with my chemistry.

20 - 30 minutes into this, I'm beginning to smell notes in this that I'm finding that really draws me in. This is sexy and mysterious and I could see where men would find this very alluring. It definitely has a much better dry down than the initial blast the first 20 minutes. 30 minutes into this, the fragrance opens up like an uncorked bottle of wine which is allowed to breathe. I'm definitely liking the way that this is unwinding on my skin.

There is a peppery note in this which lifts the fragrance into a more heavy/active type fragrance. I could see this worn primarily in the evening. It is dark, heavy, and has an air of mystery about it.

About 4-5 hours of wear, and this has dried down as soft as almost a light smell of shower gel or soap that lingers on your skin after a shower. The potency of this is not as strong as I typically wear, but this would be a great fragrance to wear when you are not wanting to have an overly large silage - such as when you are seated in a crowded movie theater, working in a crowded office area, or other situations.

------------

When I hear the term "white" in connection with a fragrance... I immediately assume that the fragrance will be a soprano, high note register - and very sweet... like Madonna's Truth or Dare, Fracas, or Eternity. The term "white" in this title is misleading. The fragrance resonates with something much deeper, darker, than the color white.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

I like this fragrance but one note prevents me to love it - I guess it is the rice. It has not the wow-factor but it is easy to wear - I can imagine that somewhat romantic girls/ladies use it. From Creed I prefer the Spring Flower - this has more body than Love in White.

nannaje
nannaje

I do not understand, this does not smell like the notes mentioned here, you should include ZEST in the orange part. It is very similar to Boucheron Trouble to me.

It smells dry and bitter. The only thing I enjoy so far is that it smells quite expensive.

Big thanks to daisymargueritte for the generous decant! <3

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Love in White has traveled from "dislike" to "like" on my list quite unexpected. At first, I thought it was nothing special: just a floral with the citrus notes, and the rice note, which I did not find very flattering, initially.

But now I actually find it very comforting and soft. I like how Izumee has described it "motherly" - it fits here. I like the magnolia in it; it also has this green, almost celery-like note, and then the rice... well, I don't know what happened, but now I find it very likeable and cozy. It does not have a massive projection, but it's very noticeable when you approach closer. Good lasting power, too. I'm not lusting for an FB for sure, but wouldn't mind wearing this once in a while.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Flowers, sweetness, woods, perfect for a women. I put this on because I got a free sample, and I said what the heck is a Creed. I applied it about 8 hours ago, and the smell is still there. It lasts and lasts. This a romantic scent, it isn't loud at all. Great for any occasion, any time of the year. Try it.

Izumee
Izumee

Based on its inspiration from the love of sailing, i have to say that this is a great scent. It does have a marine feels to it, although its far from aquatic or salty. The aura is 'cool/cold', 'reserved', and 'professional' on my skin.. However, on strip paper or clothes, i get something 'motherly', 'enveloping' and 'lovely' aura. Either way i like it. Oh and one more thing, i do feel something sour everytime i spray it (on clothes or skin) for the first couple of minutes which i dont like. But overall this is a very nice fragrance, and my mom seems to agree with that.

Ps: dont overdo it, i agree it can be a little nauseating if u do. Good luck!

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Stunning!

Love in White is a gorgeous bouquet of white flowers combining the first blooms of spring (Magnolia, Narcissus and White Hyacinth). My first sniff was quite unique fruity scent - combination of orange zest with Fresh Grass on a base of White Iris from Florence, Rice Husk, and Vanilla to add depth and longevity.

The result is a sensationally fresh, creamy, floral composition, full of energy and optimism.

Top notes: Orange Zest from Italy
Heart notes: Florence Iris, French Daffodil, Magnolia
Base notes: Vanilla, Ambergris, Sandalwood from Mysore

Silage is heavy and longevity is (very) long lasting. Recommended for flowers lovers.
If I had to choose, I would say Love in White is nicer than Love in Black :)

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Love in White does not like me, nor do many of the Creed fragrances. I've had samples, bought Eugenie and had to return it. This one smells okay first spray, but dries down to some kind of old stinky sheets hung out in the sun to dry. I just don't know why my chemistry turns them bad and then they disappear after about 30 minutes, which is a good thing, because this one is so sour on me towards the end. I would strongly suggest you try any of these before you buy. I hear Angelina Jolie wears this. Despite wanting to love it, I abhor it! Will try it in the summer and see what happens. I do not get any of the notes listed.

EDIT 5/2013: Well, today is the first time I tried it since first posting. I will say that I still get a little bit of sour in here, but I am not hating it as bad. And, I might add that it lasting quite long on my skin. Odd how different seasons make or break your fragrance. I am not even going to try my beloved New Haarlem on this May day, because in the winter I love it! But Love in White is for sure a spring/summer fragrance (on me)

xabaras
xabaras

It is a cold day, it's snowing. I put Love in White on this morning and what hit me at first was a nice smell of flowers, not too sweet and quite "dry" for being a floral fragrance. As it developed on my skin I was more and more aware of some kind of spice... it makes me think of freshly cut coriander leaves. A pleasant, fresh, dry note. All of this sits on an acidic background which I can't really define, it is a citrus note, but not quite. Hard to describe. It is not unpleasant nor pleasant, but it is there, and it works well as a contrast with the floral notes. I like Love in White. I have a sample of it, and if it were not so expensive I would get a full bottle of it to add to my collection, although I would use it rarely as it does not have a wow factor to me. I will try this in warmer weather.

teilani
teilani

This is another of my Creed sampler purchases, and likely to stay that way.

At best this was interesting, but it did not even make the mark of entrancing to me. I'm disappointed that I got none of the citrus notes, which might have helped redeem it. Though really, I am not sure about even that, as the scent mostly disappeared on me in about three hours unless I put my nose directly on the application spot at my wrist where the barest remains of the ambergris and sandalwood are about all that are keeping me from being quite vexed at this one. In my favourite scents, three to four hours is about the point at which they're settling into the best parts of their dry down. It isn't even that I have no patience for more ephemeral scents, it's just that this one isn't lovely enough to make the short duration sufficiently worth savouring.

In fairness, I did test this during one of our more sustained cold snaps this winter. It hasn't been much above -30C for a couple of weeks and frequently much closer to -40C. Will give this a second chance on one of the hotter days in summer to see if it's any better, but I do not expect this to ever be a favourite.

Christy2198
Christy2198

I love the smell. a nice smooth floweral with a touch of citric. But does anyone else notice it doesnt last very long? Is it just me?

Just divine!!!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Love in White feels like a cautionary tale about writing definitive "guides" about perfume, because one's definitions of what smells "good" and what smells "vile" could be interpreted differently by the broader public, and a guide is nothing if not accessible to the broadest audience possible. In this case, fragrance enthusiasts could agree at least that there are things that smell far worse than Love in White, so we're not dealing with a total nightmare here. In fact, we're dealing with something quite good. Not great, mind you, but good, and solidly so.

The fresh orange zest note off the top of LiW is actually a few hairs BETTER than Creed's own Orange Spice EDT, which by all accounts, including mine, is meant to be a very orange-centric perfume. The difference here is that LiW's fruit smells fleetingly realistic, and that realism is why it is fleeting. Orange Spice's orange note is blatantly synthetic, and wonderful in its own right. But in LiW there is also powdery white rice. It's tough to define its smell, other than to say it smells very powdery, clean, a bit muted, and not at all sweet or feminine in the conventional sense of those words. There is, however, a delicate nature to the accord that feels remarkable as it wafts off skin. Glimpses of white blossoms poke through this unusual drydown stage. I sense narcissus and jasmine, similar to the sheer florals found in Spring Flower.

Then, as it dries down further, a light vanillic amber, aqueous magnolia, and the driest, freshest little base you'll ever smell in a long while. Perfection? Maybe not, I'm thinking of how well tempered the rice is, and this robs some tension from this fresh-floral balance, but at the same time it offers comfort and affability. It's hard not to like Love in White. If you don't, fair enough, but if I was a dissenter, I'd stop and ask myself if I'm a little jaded.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

Now I'm gonna be lynched, but the initial blast reminds me of the ultra cheap Ex`cla-ma`tion by Coty. But I like that scent, so there's nothing wrong with it when I say so. I love Love In White!

cryptic
cryptic

I like it, so there! In case you were wondering, that remark is directed at Luca Turin's famous scathing review of Love in White contained in The Guide wherein he states that he'd rather have lice than wear this frag. Although I laughed, that review got me curious as to what could provoke that kind of scorn. Initially I chalked it up to a hatred of all things Creed, but after browsing his reviews of the rest of the line I noticed that Turin does praise some Creed perfumes, albeit rather grudgingly. I eventually decided that Luca dislikes what he calls "overexposed florals," which would include Love in White and Amouage Reflection Woman, for example. Apparently, he doesn't care for the kind of sharp floral bouquet you sometimes get with magnolia, freesia and narcisscus, and he's certainly entitled to that opinion.

For me, it's impossible not to like Love in White. The first note out of the bottle is orange zest, the smell of which I love so much that I find excuses to put it into all kinds of things when I'm cooking. Granted, this frag would be more balanced if something else was present to equalize the tartness of the citrus in the top notes, but I'm really not complaining. The florals in the heart of this frag are certainly bright and sparkling, and not something that I'd want to wear when all dressed in black and in one of my brooding moods. However, even the moodiest of us have days when we're feeling outdoorsy, optimistic or pleased with life in general and Love in White would be suitable for enhancing that sort of vibe. I can detect the Tonkin rice note that is mentioned in the Creed pr, but it really doesn't add anything in my opinion. The base notes are actually the best part of the composition, and turn this fairly wholesome, well-scrubbed frag into something more sensual and earthy. All in all, Love in White failed to live up to its bad reputation. Give it a try if you like a sharp floral with some citrus.

Love in White by Creed is a surprisingly crisp, citrusy scent on my skin. I also find it rather difficult to wear, perhaps the only time I reach for it is during the midst of Summer when the weather is unbearably hot.

Love in White is not something that I would call particularly feminine. I find it easily unisex, and I assume that men would indeed prefer this scent over and above women. In my opinion, it's marketed incorrectly.

Like many, I had assumed that Love in White would be a smooth, powdery white floral with a touch of clean freshness. Well, I got the 'clean and fresh' bit right, but to believe that this fragrance was a floral was completely untrue. If you like sour citrus scents, Love in White is for you, but if that description makes you cringe, I'd advise that you try other Creed scents and stay far, far away from this little number.

I really have to be in the mood to wear Love in White, and I also have to remember to apply sparingly, as the sillage is rather intense on my skin. Throughout the development, the scent begins to smell oddly reminiscent of an aquatic fragrance. When I smell Love in White I immediately think of Summer and clean laundry drying in the sun. Nevertheless, wearing this fragrance during the cooler months, as I've come to discover, can be a huge mistake.

I must be honest and say that I prefer Creed's older scents, as their newer releases seem to have lost a lot of Creed's royal charm. But then again, I realise that this fragrance has a huge fan base, (apparently even Angelina Jolie loves wearing it), so perhaps it all boils down to personal tastes.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

As a male I must say that love in white is such a seductive fragrance. I got this for my girlfriend and I'm happy I did. It opens with rich floral notes that are not over powering. The rice in it provides a certain richness that I have only expirienced in creed frangrances. I would describe it as burst of fresh rain. With base notes like vanilla and amber with sandalwood to bind it all together. It turns out to be the perfect scent for a young lady. for the record try not to smell creed fragrances in a department store. You'll never be able to get the whole story with all the scents in the air. These fragrances need to be worn for a couple days to fully appriciate and understand them. Then maybe you might see why they cost what they cost.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

This fragrance has super-powers. It makes me feel strong, calm, elegant and invincible.

Kittycat63

"My boss loves it. She smells like scented toilet paper...." MATT - that's too funny - absolutely hilarious! What woman wants to smell like scented loo rolls??! Anyway, personally I think that Creed perfumes are hugely overrated, way too expensive and have very poor staying power, which shouldn't be the case with such expensive perfumes. The ones I've tested in a department store, including Love in White, were all very bland, nothing special, certainly not standout perfumes - if anything they're very, very forgettable - and nothing I would be stupid enough to waste my money on.

millacald
millacald

Wow interesting to read in the last review that someone thinks that "rice and orange zest notes spoil the beauty of flowers in LIW"... I, opposite, think that this milky accord of rice note gives the fragrance a depth, softness, rowndness, while citrusy note adds freshness and airy feeling... In the whole picture, the smell of Love in White instantly places me in the glory of the early morning in the spring mountains, you stand on the top of one still covered in impossibly white snow but down you can see the meadow full of young flowers and blooming trees...White, yellow, green - thats the colours I smell in it!!!! LOVE IT!! Thanks CREED!!!XOXO

Soft and clean floral fragrance!

Most of all I feel the iris, daffodil, jasmine, rice and orange zest notes in it.

Because of the intensive iris and amber notes this fragrance reminds me a little bit Fleurissimo by Creed also. And I prefer Fleurissimo to Love in White for sure. Because Fleurissimo smells more rich, while the rice note and the orange zest note in Love in White spoil the floral notes beauty and make the fragrance too delicate reminding floral musky fragrances.

It smells natural enough and without the annoying sweetness.

It's good enough. Just not my cup of tea.

amelie
amelie

Exclusive, woody...it was love at first sight and smell at first. Beautiful bottle, though not so important, and such a beautiful composition. More woody floral to me, smells like the finest antique powder. Even the iris doesn't bother me, I'm not crazy about it but Love in White was a truly lovely olfactory experience. I usually wear designer perfumes, with rare exceptions, but Love in White is something I plan to buy in the next year. Actually I had not planned to try at all, it was the recommendation of SA. And what a pleasant surprise!
I just realized that I am not talking about notes, never mind, you have already described it so well.

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

I want so bad to love this perfume. It's all of the notes I usually like but actually in a backward pattern. Not to mention a "Creed" scent. Maybe the notes being reversed is the reason the smell is so foreign to me. It almost smells plasticy on my skin. Angelina Jolie and Princess Diana wore this so it must come out different on them. I asked my friend to smell it and she said OMG that is just awful. ;(.

NABILA AZIZI
NABILA AZIZI

well i love it as i got this in my collection of perfume im perfume lover and i just got this one aswell well if its this much expensive so it may have something in it as i got it have really fresh feeling with pure smell which u feel fresh in it and others smell ur scent so this is what a perfume should have i rate it fully 10 of 10

beatrix75
beatrix75

very very beauthiful fresh feminine glamouros elegant frag i want too buy but its litle expensive.

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

Reminds me a little of deodorant or aerosol hairspray. Nothing special.

silfra
silfra

Too simple, soapy, it reminds me to a good fabric softener. For very young girls.

chaos666
chaos666

I really like this scent personally, though I always thought there was something about it that was trying to be sophisticated, yet still coming across like a suburban high school cheerleader's body spray in the early 90's. ..And I just realised! It smells exactly like the old school (maybe it still smells this way, if even still exists..) shampoo line, Finesse!! Can't believe I've worn it for years and just had this eureka moment lol

It doesn't light the World on fire, but it mellows out to a light, clean, doll like scent that works on my skin.

Raisac
Raisac

Very very soft, powdery, unusual and "cosy" fragrance. You have to try it on your skin, don't smell it from the bottle or a sample, it sets and opens very differntly on skin. I tried a sample and wanted to smell it again and again - it was so unlike anything I tried before. So I got a full botle. Girls, who hate it - you must have gotten a fake one. I can't believe what you're saying.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

It appears, opinions are divided, and well, I straddle the fence here.

Love in White gets close to the finish line but it can not get across. I like it, but I don't love it.

And, I have to say something about the price, way out of line!!!

An oriental floral that is a bit to clean and not strong enough to my liking. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt since it rocks the celeb end (Angelina, Michelle Obama), but I'm of the mind that there are others that do it better.

Creed does use top notch ingredients, but which doesn't always translate to being used correctly. Maybe, it's something lacking which could take it to new heights (and I really respect Creed)

Sillage is good but longevity lacks. The bottle is attractive but too white for me taste.

Duda

The best fragrance EVER!!!!!!!

jtd
jtd

I had to try Love in White at some point. Given the Turin review in The Guide, I couldn’t resist. The review gives LiW the George Bush style benefit of low expectations. I was half expecting the devil in a bottle. Balance the low expectations from The Guide with the stratospheric expectations set by the Creed press mythology (yacht, 5 year world search, exotic ingredients…) and LiW could only wind up a head-scratcher. Turns out it’s a bit of a tempest in a teapot actually.

Floral blend, sweet synthetic woods. Loud, but otherwise not particularly remarkable for either its heights or its horrors. There’s something about a sweet yet acrid linear floral, though, that suggests personal product scenting. Shampoo or conditioner or the like. LiW seems designed along the lines of a hygienic or grooming product.

LiW wins by driving down the middle of the road and avoiding both high and low expectations.

Very subtle and almost not there. But it smells like a bad showergel or citrsuy soap. Not so pleasant.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

Naturally elegant and surprisingly pleasant.LOVE IN WHITE evokes prestige,a commitment to fashion, luxury,and the finer things that life has to offer.It has a distinctive scent and for those ladies out there that want a soft but yet special scent. Feminine,Fresh,Masterpiece,Elegant,Clean,Floral, Exquisite and Surprisingly Delicate Winner.

The initial burst of orange compliments rose the overtones of magnolia itself,always pitched at the right scale,garlanded by other white flowers and a subtle and soft base,retaining the perfect pitch of voice of a sophisticated,to-the-manor-born- lady who wants a soft spring&summer scent to accompany her most precious moments.Totally jasmine in the heart and vanilla in the base notes are more prominent here.

LOVE IN WHITE is not overwhelming,just subtle enough to grab the attention of others.This extraordinary perfume would make a great gift for any occasion.In my opinion it is the perfume you can wear on lunch dates or evening dates with close ones and sure you will be complimented for it.Anyway you can never go wrong with CREED perfumes if you are a real perfume lover.

Sillage?Lovely.

Longevity?Excellent on my skin.

7.5/10

Kittycat63

I tested this in a department store the other day and really wasn't overly impressed at all! It's an inoffensive, very floral perfume which is nice but not exactly a standout and it doesn't smell dissimilar to floral scents I've either had or tried over the years. I also tried the Creed perfume in the bright pink bottle which I also thought was nice enough but really nothing special. Both of these perfumes lasted for only a dismal few hours on my skin so the longevity seems to be very poor. For the hefty price tags (over £100 per bottle here in England) I would expect these perfumes to be much more standout, unique smelling, long lasting scents but they're really not - and to my nose these two were the best of the selection of Creed perfumes at the department store where I tested them. I thought that all the others didn't smell pleasant at all ! !

atiet97
atiet97

I dropped my jaw off, when I found out that Love in White has been crowned as one of CREED's best sales for younger women! Say whattt??

IMO, it's so Davidoff Coolwater Women gone badly!!! With this price, I think you might want to stocked up Davidoff Coolwater Women for years, let it stinks and...Voillaaa, you've got yourself CREED's Love in White in bargain!! Such a joke..., LOL!!!

Perfumalover
Perfumalover

This smells like a fabulous, rich, and stylish woman with lots of class!!! I plan to purchase one day!

marrojas
marrojas

When you have a brand like this that is supposed to be for kings, and queens and so on (not so exclusive I need to say, since I could afford it ;))....The scent was good, of course I could tell it is high quality hand-made, the smell lasted for a couple days in my t-shirt...and it smell like citric with rice. Nice.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

I finally got to try this in a department store. My initial response was, oh it's an overdose of zingy florals. I changed my mind when the perfume had mellowed for about an hour and I was impressed by the enduring elegant iris. I'm not sure this perfume is really me, I wish it were, but this leaves me feeling a little cold and dispassionate. Still, I can't get that lingering iris note out of mind. I may have to revisit this fragrance in the near future...

melia
melia

Very soft and I agree with prettyliscious: delicate. It has this soft fresh laundry feel about it, but in a romantic and airy kind of way, not synthetic and blunt. It seems to match my skin very well and I could absolutely imagine myself wearing this on a breezy summerday, wearing -hard to guess- white. If you want a cheaper smell-alike, try Sea Island Cotton by Bath & Bodyworks. They both really have the same vibe, though the quality of love in white is much better of course (longlivity, depth, etc.; but what do you expect of such a pricey perfume!)

EDIT after finishing a 2 ml sample: I think my chemistry has changed, because it doesn't smell soft at all! Still fresh and laundry-ish... But quite pungent actually! Silage and long-livety are both good, I got a compliment by a guy when I wore this in the desert. Another guy which smelled it from the bottle said it smelled 'pretty good'. But even though other peoples comments are quite positive and I'm quite positive myself, it still have catched myself thinking after a few wafts of myself: 'wow that's quite an annoying smell, who is that?' and then finding out it is me...

prettyliscious
prettyliscious

first sniff...Delicate... then as it settle down... I smell elegance, feminine... then the dry down smell change into an eccentric & exotic scent... the smell change as it last longer on your skin...very unpredictable and definitely not boring. Now I understand why Angelina Jolie & First Lady Michelle Obama love this scent. It makes you feel unique and special ... and I love it...

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I think that they meant for men to wear this. I think I can pull it off and I might try… so refreshing and nice. I don’t get detergent at all.

Kiku
Kiku

This smells like a laundromat, soapy and watery. I like soapy scents but this is just too, too much! Then this weird, milk/rice/vanilla smell kicks in. Yep, it smells like that watery rice pudding they serve in hospitals. I don't smell any of the fruits and flowers others mentioned. This has longevity from hell: it never washes off, you have to let it wear off. Proof positive that a big price tag does not guarantee a great perfume.

adrienn99
adrienn99

unfortunate chemistry must be, it smells like detergent on my skin. :(((

Chantal
Chantal

Love In White

Difficult to review. Must be tested on skin. Disastrously different on paper; it must be heated. It has presence. The opening is intense and if you smell it too deeply at first, it becomes hard to get an impression of the main part of the scent which only takes a minute or so to come forth (Same thing that happens when you’ve smelled too many perfumes one after the other, it numbs the nose to the true scent). So for this review, I sprayed on my wrist, I held it far away from my face, I walked around while it settled so that my sense of smell would still be clear, and then I took it in.

Orange peel. Natural orange peel. Bitter, refreshing, and then there were flowers. But not just a few flowers. It was more like the strength you would get if you were surrounded. But it wasn’t bad, it was just a very full smell. And ten minutes later, the orange is still there with them, it is an interesting pairing, the orange and flowers.

I know that the reviews out there for Love In White are seriously divided, love it or hate it. But the thing about Love In White is that it isn’t quite as straight forward as some might be expecting. It isn’t light. It isn’t sickly sweet, either. It isn’t toxic or disturbing. But you have to like floral scents to appreciate this because flowers play a strong part in the heart notes and they do not dissipate for some time. You also have to like orange peel. If you’re not sure about that, smell an orange before breaking it open, because the orange note in love in white is very true to life, but maybe a tad warmer.

I was hesitant to try this because of the mixed reviews and the price, so I bought this sample and I may repurchase in something bigger. It does not disgust me (sometimes I have sickening reactions to perfumes, but so far I am impressed with Creed because I find their notes to be so natural) and it is actually wearable.

The dry-down is lightly spiced. Vanilla is so subtle, blending into what may be the sandalwood. Fresh, warm, like fresh laundry and orange.

I am liking this fragrance. It keeps changing all the way through, and it clings to the skin in a way that isn’t like other perfumes. It almost blends with the skin, it becomes very personalized. It doesn’t smell like I sprayed on synthetics and they’re just shooting off of me until they disappear. No, this is just so... unpredictable. It blends with the heat of my skin, with my chemistry, it is comfortable.

divadani
divadani

I had high expectations for this fragrance (largely based on Angelina Jolie being reported wearing it). And I was spectacularly disappointed. The opening "freshness" that everyone speaks of is, to me, very similar to Cool Water by Davidoff. To my nose, it is light and aquatic, slightly floral... like flowers left to soak in a bucket of water. And then this cloying, heavy note rears its ugly head. Is that the rice? If it is, I'm staying 10ft away from anything with that note. The bearable aquatic freshness would float around me and then I would turn my head or wave my arm and that horrid cloying note would smack me in the face like a wet rag.

People, my recommendation: don't waste $245+tax on something that smells like a gross combination of "Cool Water" and rice. There are plenty of beautiful fresh fragrances out there, no need to torture yourself with this one.

Chibichaca
Chibichaca

I was surprised to enjoy this one as I usually dislike fragrances with vanilla in them. Instead of vanilla in the drydown I got patchouli, which I love in small doses.

guest_perfumefreak
guest_perfumefreak

I had an accident. I sprayed Love in white and Tuberose indiana at the same day by mistake; and it became total suprice! Love in white changed into this warm and cosy aromatic scent. I now use them together quite often. The Best in wintertime!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I was enchanted by ComfyCat's passionate review and I can certainly attest that I too consider this to be the epitome of cleanliness.

I am thwarted from further appreciation however by my skin chemistry which is determined to turn this jasmine/orange combination into washing powder (a la Pure Poison all over again).

To be fair, Love in White is much closer to the dreamy bubble bath spectrum than brutal industrial detergent and I *am* able to pick out a hint of narcissus, albeit a highly sanitised one. But there is no milkiness or vanilla for me here, just soapy white florals.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

Thanks to dear Sherapop I had the pleasure of testing Love in white and other samples from Creed.Instantly when I smelled this on my skin a picture came on my mind,running up a hill with beautiful wild flowers,cyclamens,lilies of the valley,narcissus,jasmine along with rice vanilla powder.Love in white is the corridor to innocence.

guest_A. Rose
guest_A. Rose

Very weird on my skin; a massive, almost unbearable squeeze of orange oil, followed by dense cheval cheese and clotted cream, loads of salt mixed with baking soda and then--BOOM--PETROL, petrol, gas, oil, turpentine---just a weirdly astringent, exhaust-like smell. Smells like a vintage gas station in Florida. I love other Creed scents, so I can't imagine this is how it reads for everyone. It must be a case of bad compatibility with my body chemistry. Good luck!

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A floral, oriental scent love in white features
top notes of orange zest then blending into
rice husk, iris, white jasmine, magnolia,
daffodils and rose. Finishing of with
sandalwood, vanilla and ambergris. White
perfume is a delightfully luxurious scent of
rare and high-quality ingredients from five
continents: Orange Zest from Spain; Iridescent
Rice Husk from Tonkin; Iris from Egypt; White
Jasmine from Italy; Daffodils from the French
Rivera; Magnolia from Guatemala; Bulgarian
Rose; Vanilla from the Island of Java;
Ambergris and Sandalwood from India....

pansylady
pansylady

This scent made my hands smell as if I had been squeezing oranges all morning to make juice! This is an appealing sensation, but it's a lot less expensive to just stick to the oranges, isn't it? (plus you get the vitamin c boost!)

Longevity was quite disappointing, unfortunately- a 1 cc sample just wasn't enough to fully experience this fragrance- it just doesn't seem to have enough oomph-

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

Some people must have some classy laundry powders! I loved this at first sniff. The Iris is dominant to me and lovely it is.

I hated this scent the minute it came out, probably because I had high expectations for a mellow, romantic, creamy, dreamy floral.
Instead I found a disturbingly pungent, like high-pitched concentrated detergent powder for clothes.
It's probably a well done blend like almost all Creed and it probably changes a lot according to different chemistries. Maybe on Mrs.Obama it smells divine. On me it smells terrible laundry & ironing with synthetical floral spray for ironing.
I find some resemblance with NR Essence, another disturbing
"laundrette" type of scent. What's the hype about laundrettes?
I can't stand soapy scents.
Old soapies smell like a mixture of dirt and soap. New soapies smell just pungent soap, extra-clean, extra polished, no sensual skin scent or round feminine drydown. Is it a new way of being politically correct? Aseptical, cleaned, exfoliated, perfect woman. Perfect woman, perfect mom, perfect co-worker, only killing me with her perfume.

I certainly appreciate the abundant controversy circulating about Creed LOVE IN WHITE, for it is a curious creation indeed! The opening is to my nose an entirely masculine scent. It must be an olfactory illusion, but I smell something like juniper and/or pine and/or fir!

This aromaticity slowly evolves over about an hour to produce one of the most scrumptious and compelling drydowns ever. I could develop a serious addiction to this stuff: it's a clean floral-woody combination which I find delightful to breathe in.

Had I given up after, say, thirty minutes, my evaluation would have been negative, since I am not that fond of the version of soap here presented--a bit too close to the CLEAN line for my tastes. However, patience really pays off in this case.

What I absolutely do not comprehend is how LOVE IN WHITE could not be listed as a unisex scent. My first reaction was, in fact: "What an odd name for a masculine scent!" I imagine that the detractors were disappointed by the disparity between their expectations of a perfume with such a name and what LOVE IN WHITE really is. On the other hand, there must be plenty of guys around who have been pleasantly surprised by this utterly unique and refreshing composition! With great staying power, too!

Gosha
Gosha

Nice! For me this scent is indeed clean, creamy, soapy, floral, fresh and crisp all at once, with the magnolia being in the centrestage and a few soft notes just gently floating around her.
I would not call it oriental, but rather "green floral". It is elegant and confident and assuring somehow, but also really light and carefree and I can imagine that it is a match made in heaven for someone like Michelle Obama. A perfect scent for a very well to do girl next door (OK, more than "very well", but still - someone with the "nextdoorgirly" charm :-))! However, I am puzzled as to why would Angelina Jolie - the woman with reputation of a slightly dark natured man eater/vamp with insatiable appetite - would chose to wear this perfectly innocent (for some even boring) fragrance...
I would purchase this if it cost one quarter of its real price, because to buy a fragrance for this money, I would have to be crazy about it. This one - I like.

jae
jae

Put me in a dress and call me Michelle Obama. I don't care - I WILL have this fragrance. This is simply beautiful. This is between feminine and unisex (leaning more towards feminine). The sillage is moderate and the lasting power is pretty decent. This is very clean, yet creamy. The predominant notes are magnolia, rice and vanilla, though I can detect the orange. I think that the iris is more of a "texture" for this composition. As for the comparisons to soap, that's a plus in my opinion. In fact, show me the soap that this smells like and I'll buy tons of it!!! Any man who enjoys Prada (Amber Pour Homme) could/should appreciate this one. It's a must-have...

guest_Anne
guest_Anne

This perfume in my opinion is lovely and very classy. I smell flowers and soft vanilla. However, I prefer Love in Black. Creed in my opinion are masters of perfume, their notes always smell fresh and beautifully blended. The only problem is that their perfumes are very expensive.

this really smells like detergent or a vile floral musky shampoo, is vile, one of the worst that creed have ever made, horrible...soft floral detergent + shampoo + nothing = love in white.. creed have better, better, offerings.....

secretcrush
secretcrush

Light-hearted yet grounded and well blended... Full of white florals and airy nuances w/ sandalwood and vanilla for depth. Very well done!!!

guest_Marilyn
guest_Marilyn

Oh how to describe heaven. I just found it in Love in White. It is sooooooooooooo good. It smells like white flowers, mixed with some tropical notes. For me Love in white is beautifull blended and I love it.

guest_Normanda
guest_Normanda

I really cannot understand why people are so negative about this lovely sexy and unique fragrance. It is just amazingly. The bottle is also amazing. I get compliments all the time and my man loves it.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

I got this as a present from my boyfriend. It is so nice. I find it stylish, soft, very sexy and a bit different. It is love (in white) for me........ and let's face it, who does not want to smell like Angelina Jolie ?

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

I got a few samples of this and I LOVE it! It smells so pretty! Not sexy, but just very pretty...perfect for the coming spring. I want a bottle but I don't like Creed's pricetag lol

SYDNEYGIRL
SYDNEYGIRL

i read that Angelina Jolie wears this, so i ordered a sample..its quite nice, a powdery floral and i can smell the vanilla after a while which makes it quite nice and not so shampooey! i would consider buyng this.

sofiii
sofiii

Love in White shocked my imagination of love and in white! What I got from it is pure bathroom/kitchen horror!

The start is really sharp, a little bit faint fruity, like a really bad 80's cheap shampoo. Really synthetic in a bad way.
Then it soon becomes greener, and less the sweetness, the notes seem alright, but the combination smells really like celery plus cold cooked rice. Somehow I felt like to vomit.
Then the dry down, it's much better only in comparison with the terrible top and middle horror. It's slightly milder due to the vanilla, but unfortunately I can't stop but making some scent association with dust, chalk and glue.

I really don't think Oriental Floral is the right group for Love in White. It's more like a failed synthetic floral green to me.
If you are looking for something white, romantic, sensual, maybe had Shalimar or something similar in you mind when approaching this one; well, my suggestion is: run away from this Creed perfume, seriously.

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I have this and this smells just like detergent to me.I just didn't like the bottle is adorable.I just don't get Creed its all hype.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Love in White was my signature scent between 2005 and 2007. It has the loveliest drydown I've ever seen in a fragrance! I'm not a fan of the aquatic top notes, but they do settle shortly after and complement the rest of the composition beautifully. I like to spritz it on spots that stay covered by clothing during the day, specially on my back. My skin warms it up and the scent gets soaked by the fabric, so I get wonderful wafts throughout the day. It feels like my own private paradise. For some reason, it seems better suited to cooler months, as I tried wearing it during the Summer and it felt "off". It's a tenacious scent, but it also seems to lie close to the skin. Simply stunning.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Found a gently used bottle of Creed Love in White at a good price and snapped it up, unsniffed. I can tell this is a quality fragrance, but it just really wasn't right for me.

The first wearing revealed an abundance of fresh aquatic and "detergent" (for lack of a better word) notes that dried down eventually to something soft and slightly musky. I gave it a couple more wearings just to see if I changed my mind. It just seemed a little unbalanced on my skin, and a bit sharp.

I had the best results when I layered it over an orange-scented body lotion. The extra orange softened the more synthetic detergent aromas and made the fragrance much more wearable.

Pretty, but alas, not for me. It's on its way to a fellow Fragrantican who can hopefully wear and appreciate it better than I could.

guest_diva
guest_diva

How can a fragrance feature both a unique milky green orange zest note yet still be boring?? Some femme fatales here are a bit too much in love with their guerlinade-loaded Guerlains and can't get enough of the same old same old when its a house they idolize. Love in White has a healthy does of white flowers but it also unique in that it features the best rice note in a fragrance which together with an orange top note and a woody vanilla base turns it into something special. A modern hit and fairly unique. Compared to recent synthetic messes like Hypnotic Poison and Insolence its a total success.

TheNoseKnows
TheNoseKnows

Horrid (beautiful bottle, even with a bow (!), but has pungent celery seed overtone (green?) with underlying stinch of dusty-stank, sweet, nose-pinching powderiness that, well, really bothers me. Did I say "Horrid?" Oh, yes, I did.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I agree; the bottle is pretty but the scent? It's clean, I'll give you that. Smells to me like those little paper wrapped soaps in hotels....a cheaper hotel at that. Maybe I should try mixing it with something "warm", like Omnia or even plain musk?

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

Worst purchase ever. Totally agree with Aeternitas. I keep saying it smells of old soap. Cheep old soap, and gives me a headache whenever I open the cap.

stinks too smelly like an ashtray

Carla
Carla

The bottle is a keeper and looks decorative on my dresser but the contents is a miss. I admire the House of Creed but this one is a disappoinment. I think the combo of rice and magnolia create the unpleasant creamy blend. It's Blah!

PR
PR

fresh, oriental, and if I didn't mix the bottles with men's version of some'mountain water' could be unisex.. Innofencive. The price should have been be at least less by third. Simply can't justify the smell for this price. Though nice, but 'flat' scent

Boggi
Boggi

Don't believe the hype! To flowery and strong and not well put together.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

I'm bored by this Creed fragrance and slightly nauseated. It smells like faint detergent and cheap unscented soap. There's also a strange milkiness in it, which must be the vanilla and rice. I do not smell the orange or iris, just the magnolia, rice, and vanilla. It's a very dull, boring unoriginal perfume and is not worthy of a Creed bottle! If you would, however, like to wear this fragrance, it's best for summer.

Love in White by Creed 3.43 out of 5 based on 386 ratings and 91 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Love in White fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Love in White, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Love in White by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Love in White by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.