Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Neroli Sauvage Creed for women and men
dislike

herbal
Neroli Sauvage Creed for women and men Pictures

Neroli Sauvage by Creed is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. "Neroli" refers to the blossom of the bitter orange tree. This essence was named after a 17th century Italian duchess in the Nerola region of Italy who helped popularize this green and sweet aroma. Sauvage means "wild."

Neroli Sauvage celebrates this joyous and delicate blossom with top notes of bergamot and grapefruit, middle notes of neroli and lemon verbena, all on a base of ambergris. Neroli Sauvage was launched in 1994. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot Grapefruit

Neroli Verbena

Ambergris

Neroli Sauvage Fragrance Reviews

Redbeard
Redbeard

I bought this stuff as a replacement for their rather weak Citrus Bigarrade, so the joke was on me! NS opens quite a bit weaker than a typical Eau de Cologne, but seems to be more citrus-fruit oriented than blossom-oriented at first. If I smell the spot I sprayed after a few minutes, it seems more chalky than most of its competitors, a bit like smelling an actual bar of (not necessarily good) soap; maybe this is a bunch of powdery notes just starting to break through the citrussy top notes. Eventually it becomes just powdery weak soap, and feels out-of-date and unappealing. Ultimately NS does all of the things that Penhaligon's Castile does, only 1/10 as effectively. I even sniffed it side-by-side with the Citrus Bigarrade that it was meant to replace, and realized that I had to keep the CB because it was so much zestier and stronger. There's no excuse for NS to be so weak or short-lived, and I couldn't even begin to list all the cheaper but more effective citrus/EdC fragrances that you could buy instead of it.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

A very nice summertime citrus fragrance, although it didn't grab my attention as being anything extraordinaire; just a solid/enjoyable citrus. Unfortunately, the longevity of this fragrance is weak even for a citrus scent (2-hours, 3 if I'm lucky) and, except for the opening, it sits pretty close to the skin. I like it, but I will not buy again because of performance issues and, in my opinion, there are better citrus-laden scents at this price-point.

K1
K1

Neroli Sauvage! Although it's not harsh to be called Sauvage but it assaulted my memoir and puffed off dust over some nice memories of 90's and almost made me goosebumps. Almost crying!
I tested it Harvey Nichols today while Whitney Huston's most romantic songs were playing! Now you imagine how emotional I was! Nearly crying!
I spend a whole hour to remember the perfume it resembles; back in days but negative. Instead I enjoy every single inhale and remember all those hey-days!
Neroli Sauvage is a highly sensual sentimental emotional super chic masculine perfume with extremely soft fresh aromatic citric vibe. It's mandatory for formal wearers!

Calamity
Calamity

I really don't know what it was about this fragrance, but I just didn't like it. I found that it felt really cheap and didn't last long at all. It smelt like any other citrus in it. Not only that, but the name is/was quite deceiving--"Neroli Sauvage"? Yeah, come on. Neroli is right in the name yet it is only faintly there. Not worth the price. It's better to look into Annick Goutal--fresher fragrances for a fraction of the price.

fuggerone
fuggerone

Neroli Sauvage??? this stays miles behind Neroli Portofino, spicy a citrusy with not great imagination... much better Orange Spice..this is a rip off...Sauvage? yes, the price tag!

Laurdess
Laurdess

This is a 330$ joke... And I am still waiting for the punchline. The opening is flaming gay man... FABULOUS however its gone in 30 minutes. If this could be rated on longevity it would be the juice I swear by. But it doesnt deliver. I compare this the super hot guy who still lives with his momma.

GabrielaBurolo
GabrielaBurolo

Gorgeous crispy scent! Very fresh with a raspy twist, although neroli is not a main note for me. It's all about lemongrass and citrus with a bit of salt. I would love this on a handsome Italian man with jeans and a plain white T. Hmmmmmm

aphexacid
aphexacid

In typical Creed fashion, the name does not reflect the perfume. Don't expect to smell any Neroli here. Its basically Lemon Pledge furniture polish.

Lasts for 30 minutes, and then leaves you wondering why you just spent all that money for this.

Precisely why you should just get up and go to a store to smell this.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Love this! I never knew musk and citrus worked so well together. I change my mind about this one.

bigidybe
bigidybe

This one has one of the best openings EVER. A very natural citrus blast with florals. However, it is extremely short lived. 15 min to a half hour later it is simply a ambergris skin scent that lasts about 3-4 hours. For the price not worth it at all.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

The opening is super-brilliant--one of the best citrus openings in the business--but super short-lived. Couple that with not much neroli and a high price tag: the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Great smell but short lived. Although the ambergris sticks around on the skin for over 8 hours. Worth the money if you don't like being loud, also because its of excellent quality.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Über citrus opening soon gives way to an intermingling with beautifully herbaceous verbena. Slightly bittersweet neroli rushes in to mellow things out. Great warm weather scent, staying intensely fresh despite heat and sweat. (5)

Plucus21
Plucus21

Ok, if you want to know what this smells like take bergamote and grapefruit with the astringency of the rinds included, put them in a blender and add some very expensive soap into it. This is the first 30 minutes of the fragrance. After that the neroli begins to come through and the citrus dies down but does not disappear. The beginning borders on astringent but doesn't cross into that realm. I would describe it more like bracing, like jumping into an icy cold pond.

That being said this along with Gucci Pour Homme II are my two favorite scents of all time. I have smelled hundreds of fragrances and even though this is not particularly daring it just resonates with me. It is a bright clean masculine scent that is very high quality and well made. As far as longevity I think that it really depends on the batch. I have been lucky to find that the scent lasts for hours on my skin. This scent, if it last on your skin, is worth every penny in my opinion. This is a personal masterpiece for me.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Smelled it on a paper strip: One of the better citrus scents I've smelled. Very nice. I wonder how long it would last on me? (Most scents don't last long on me.) The reviews here suggest not long...

marioslg3
marioslg3

Just received it from the post....the smell is terrific....nice indeed for spring summer...dont know longevity and sillage yet but on the first spray, i noticed similarities with GIT and Eau Sauvage...after the first 10 minutes, the whole thing turns towards a citrus lemon orange lollipop without being too sweet or syropy...it is just right.
Definitely masculine, i dont see a woman wearing this...obviously Creed is categorizing some perfumes like this and MI as unisex but are not....a woman should smell like a woman, wirh gourmand, vanilla, powedery sweet notes and not citrus and aromatic notes.
starting with citurs, i detect some mossy odour as well but this is not old fashioned or too strong...
The idea of this, as said before, is GIT with Eau sauvage.....this compination of two great perfumes make another one very good...but not classic! For the lovers of citrus perfumes.....
i would say that the correct name for this one should be citrus sauvage and not neroli sauvage.

Vcederman
Vcederman

To me this fragrance smell more masculine. Dry and serious smell in my opinion.

On a woman, it makes me think it would suit a corporate business executive wearing a severe pant-suit.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

Fresh, clean and modern. I do like Neroli Sauvage and was gifted a bottle by my grandmother several years ago. I wasn't that into fragrances at the time and really thought this was too masculine for me. Sadly, I used a large portion of the bottle as bathroom air freshener as I didn't know how expensive Creed fragrances were. My tastes have evolved and now I like to wear it on my skin. I do like the opening which is a blast of harsh citrus leaves. I like to wear this more in warmer weather. My bottle is almost empty at this point and I probably would not repurchase a bottle of this, for one the price is too high for what this fragrance is in my opinion and the longevity is poor, about 2 hours.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

neroli suavage is a true citrus scent. Very bold opening and very rich. The neroli in it has a strong presence through out the entire life span of the frangrance but comes out more in about 2 hours. Great summer scent and even great in the winter cause it sparks the feelings of being on the beach. Very natural smelling great sillage. Great longevity. Its not your normal "chemical" inserted cologne that suffocates people, but more of "what am I smelling right now thats soo good?" type of scent.

Don't like booing but creed has so many people talking negative about it so I will put my 2 cents in here. Tom ford neroli scent is a joke. It smells like plastic slippers they sell at my dollar store. If you don't believe me compare them. You'll see im not lieing and there sadly is a resemblance .

josé luis.romero
josé luis.romero

I bought it and I'm deeply desapointed. The start is so nice and citrus, but two hours later, desapears from my skin.
This perfum is a waste of money...

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

Nothing notable at all. If you want a top notch neroli, try Tom Ford.

talnyc
talnyc

This is a very nice summer scent. With that being said, I have only purchased it once, which was 7 years ago. It is unisex, but I can see where it can be more masculine. There is a note that I cannot detect, but it is more for a man than a woman. Otherwise, it is a nice summer scent.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Neroli Sauvage is a nice fresh citrusy floral. Neroli is beautiful here, smells a bit herbal to me. Contrary to some reviews, I do not see it being too feminine, but probably unisex. Very appealing to wear during summer, although it is suitable pretty much for any weather.

I liked Neroli Sauvage even before my passion for neroli, but compared to other scents on the same type I'm sorry to say it is not lasting at all! It seems to fade away from my skin within minutes! Same with Spring Flower :-(
The scent itself is very fresh almost pungent and I would say even masculin. Nice for a hot summer day, but at that price???

*Thank you to Nattonline and Lana Lool who BOTH sent me samples of this interesting and wonderful scent*

NEROLI SAUVAGE (or "wild bitter orange blossom") is truly wonderful. Not because it is complex or all that daring and groundbreaking, but for its simplicity and quiet elegance. On first applying it, all I could smell was ALCOHOL...this evaporated in a flash (literally) and the scent of tart bitter grapefruit and clear sharp bergamot greeted my nostrils. This is a citrusy scent, however there is something else in here; something almost "vintage" in the way it FEELS (like an old school fougere almost, but not quite). As it begins to smooth out, dry neroli and warm orange flowers blend to create a very unisex aroma framed with a beautiful verbena scent. Now it is more subtle (than sauvage) but utterly gorgeous. More floral than citric, with just enough "green" to be down to earth. It is almost like walking through a citrus grove in bloom, on a VERY hot day (so the scent hangs heavy but itself is NOT) as a warm wind caresses you and the sun shines on your face. The warm (almost powdery) amber gives it a very comfortable ending and it rests softly, but persistently, on my skin. Many citrus scents fade quickly, and my skin is notorious for eating light springlike florals; but here all the players get "equal time" and after the citruses begin to fade, then the blossoms fall off (as blossoms will) and the utter beauty of the surrounding greens and sweet crumbly resin remain close to the skin with a clean and comfortable scent. Despite the "floral" name, NS is good for anyone; and if you are looking for something nice, not too loud but still natural and refreshing with quality and a hint of nostalgia...you may like this one. I do...I just wish it "stuck around" longer!

Sillage: okay
Longevity: fleeting
Overall: 3.5/5

Is this worth the full price of a bottle at retail? Well...that depends: if you are buying for projection and longevity, probably NOT; however, if you want something that is amazingly natural smelling and utterly gorgeous...then YES! NEROLI SAUVAGE, to me, is more something I would wear for a "pick-me-up" scent and my own private pleasure, as opposed to something that makes a statement or garners compliments.

Creed NEROLI SAUVAGE is a cheerful, clean and refreshing aromatic blend which would be great for the hot summer just around the bend!

Neither very wild, nor very neroli, however, NEROLI SAUVAGE opens with a bright burst of bergamot tempered with a bit of grapefruit. The drydown is very smooth and lightly floral with low sillage and, as advertised, suitable for gents and dames, guys and dolls, lads and lassies. Hermaphrodites and transvestites, too!

From the name one might have expected--I certainly did--a heavier presentation of neroli. Not so. I actually found the opening neroli of FANTASIA to be much more pronounced than that of NEROLI SAUVAGE!

Quibbles over the name aside, I find NS to be a pleasant, entirely enjoyable and wearable aromatic floral. Unfortunately, the beauty is shortlived, so I won't be adding this happy omnisex splashable frag to my collection.

andrew85
andrew85

a delicious, well blended and citrus scent from the house of Creed, i really love this... love creed... Luca Turin is a crazy guy, these are really masterpieces for me...

shamus1
shamus1

Although it's not very creative or original, Neroli Sauvage is a superb citrus fragrance. It starts with a giant blast of what smells like oranges and oakmoss, which instantly makes you feel cheerful. The citrus lasts about an hour, drying down to a very nice sandalwood and oakmoss accord. My only complaint is that Neroli Sauvage only lasts about 4 -5 hours on my skin, and that's with 6 or 7 spritzes. However, this is definitely a worthy purchase, as the materials it's made of seem to be of exquisite quality. It's one of the best citrus fragrances I've ever smelled, right up there with Eau Sauvage and Eau du Sud. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Neroli Sauvage by Creed 4.04 out of 5 based on 106 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Neroli Sauvage fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Neroli Sauvage, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Neroli Sauvage by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Neroli Sauvage by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.