Designers » C » Citrus « Groups

Orange Spice Creed for men

Orange Spice Creed for men
dislike

Orange Spice Creed for men Pictures

Creed Orange Spice is a fresh, aromatic, spicy and mysterious fragrance with a powdery dry down, perfect for those who love long-lasting citrus scents.

Orange Spice celebrates the mix of wild and carefree citrus fruits of bergamot and orange in the top notes, composed in a classical method with neroli in the middle, and ambergris and spices in the base. Orange Spice was launched in 1950. The nose behind this fragrance is James Henry Creed Fifth Generation.

Bergamot Orange

Neroli

Spices Ambergris

V.O. Version Originale

Orange Spice Fragrance Reviews

Redbeard
Redbeard

I almost did this side-by-side with Kouros since people make that comparison, but now I'm glad I didn't. It's maybe a bit akin to Kouros Fraicheur: soapy, and domineeringly so, with some legitimate neroli in the top notes but that gets buried under the slick, slimy, alkaline notes of a bar of cheap motel soap that someone peed on a little bit. It out-Muglers Mugler Cologne in that sense, but at least for now it's not as bad as I had dreaded from before. It's also a very dated, almost antique scent, which ought to be emanating from an old-fashioned low-end barber shop, not from a specific fragranced product, but just from the combination of all the soaps, lotions, tonics and creams being used inside all day. Another good scent for the dapper, well-groomed gentlemen aboard the Titanic in 1912. Still, because it passes so easily for heavy soap, it would fare much better than a lot of other antiquated scents, coming in right under the radar even today, when nobody would expect a man to smell this way. The base notes also smell a bit more like a deliberate personal fragrance, woodier and grassier, with even some leather I think, so it wins back some credibility there too. Overall, not a failure by any means, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with it and how to approach it.

rprovenz
rprovenz

I've gotten amazing longevity out of this one today...

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

WHOAH! This is a BEAST it's so strong. I didn't think a creed could be so pungent. Smell wise it's like gaultier fleur du male combined with mugler cologne and the drydown goes like habit rouge with kouros. Very clean with a Christmassy edge which seems to smell warmer the longer it lasts. I'm wearing this a lot in the recent sunny weather.

fuggerone
fuggerone

very retro..an original take on citrus.. a bit soay in the drydown, really nice

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

I love this smoky and spicy orange combination. The components balance each other very well. I tested it once and instantly fell for it. It's more old school. It's quite strong for Creed and lasts the longest out of the Creeds that I have experienced. Another good scent that was vaulted.

Viktor Teplukhin
Viktor Teplukhin

Smells beautiful. Warm, spicy, masculine. Love it.

williamvargas
williamvargas

it does smell a little old school, but a school I would have wanted to go to ..very aromatic and a wonderful fragrance, as soon as I sprayed this on my wife commented , hey that is nice which one is this?
I was very impressed with just the scent trail that this one gives off, I am checking for longevity but so far it seems to be lasting a fair amount of time, I sprayed some on my forearm last night and this morning I could still pick it up well. I could see my self purchasing this one, I enjoy the bright opening and I am really enjoying the breakdown..this could be an excellent signature scent for someone that is a confident guy that just wants to smell good and non offensive..very nice..two thumbs up, reminds me of something more of a musky type of scent a little like the old original jovan musk in a way..very appealing.

Evadne
Evadne

I fell in love with the dirty orange I got when I first sprayed OS. The warm spiciness, reminiscent of man-sweat, played off the fresh citrus very well.

But I was immensely disappointed when it became soapy in it's dry-down. Glad I tested this before purchasing. Call me odd, but I don't like it when my fragrance decides to take a bath half way through my day.

Some might be intrigued by this transformation, but it wasn't for me.

dmoman
dmoman

Creed has a reputation of frags not lasting too long and projection....not this one by a long shot. This is a beast and I don't mean by Creeds standards but overall a beast. I wish all of the others performed like this one. On that note, its very much dated :-(...not bad but too old school. Try before buy.

amg7240
amg7240

Smells like YSL Kouros with less of the animalic notes.

prot72
prot72

Tons of aldehydes and orange skin juice. A little powdery because of neroli and opoponax, however not listed as an ingredient. Spices are very similar to these present in Orange Verte by Hermes. For sure it can be perfect scent for spring or for daily use as refreshing sport fragrance. Nevertheless I have impression that OS is very noble in the same time ... kind of old fashion gentlemen fragrance. Together with Acier Aluminium the OS is my favorite perfume from Creed house.

Majesty
Majesty

Having Orange Spice on my wish list without even testing it makes me think that we MUST test fragrances before ending up spending 122 Euro.I had very high expectations and now that I am sniffing it on my wrist I feel devastated.It starts a bit synthetic,orange-bergamote combo which gets fresher as time passes,I do detect mint although it is not listed.The first minutes I thought it resembled to Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte,because of mint!The drydown is plain,synthetic orange and some subtle spices.I needed a warm,original,full bodied orange-spice scent.This one is a bit watery for my taste.Lasting power is good for a citrus perfume.Overall,another citrus scent on the market..By the way,I do smell like toilet cleanser.Yuck!

A slightly lighter version of vintage Kouros, though this may have been marketed first (go ahead and try to find a bottle of it from the 1950s). I sampled it quite a while back and didn't think much of it because old Kouros bottles were selling for so much less at the time.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Gorgeous stuff.

Orange Spice opens with a civet-laden drop kick to the face, much like the original Kouros, but more civet-intensive. In fact, Orange Spice is YSL's famous scent on Creed's lab budget, and here you're smelling the real deal. The orange accompanies the civet, but it's interspersed with a dense bergamot and clove accord that ratchets the "clean" waaaay, way up to contrast in higher fidelity with the "dirty." Very gradually the civet slips behind the clove and orange notes, which have an astonishingly crystalline feel, and guides the trajectory from a highly-concentrated intro to a looser and softly soapy ambiance. Hints of neroli enhance this stage of the drydown.

I'm not entirely certain where this fragrance came from, but I'm damn sure that it's one of the finest works of meticulous olfactory craftsmanship that I've ever been lucky enough to own.

One added note: OS has ridiculous longevity. I get 15 hours out of it, no exaggeration. With relatively light application. Not sure what it means, but Creed's EDTs are better performers in the projection and longevity department than their EDPs for me.

Heverton
Heverton

Orange Spice is indeed a good fragrance. It starts out with a extremely dated aroma (which doesn't mean it is awful!) as expected, with a corpulent and synthetic orange note which makes me remember of Kouros Fraicheur, specially because after this strong opening that persists for about 5 minutes, spices kicks in with a pungent clove note taking the whole fragrance, but here the clove isn't a pure one, instead it is combined with
that citric chord from the beginning giving another depth to this Creed.

Anyway, a long lasting fragrance that smells refined!

trueblue19
trueblue19

Smells exactly like the orange pumpkin soap sold as a Xmas special edition by Lush. This one does have that winter festival feeling in it. Nevertheless it's lovely. It's aromatic, almost delicious. Good to find a orangey scent not sour or sweet. I especially enjoy the amber and bit hint of musk in the base note, though I have to press my wrist harder against my nose to catch it. That's what makes this scent different from being soapy-the depth. Oh, and it lasts for ages, even as a EDT. To me it's definitely unisex, very easy to wear. It's a scent that would warm your heart.

guest_Olfac
guest_Olfac

Undecided about this. Smells like intense orange poutpourri. I prefer the other Creed citruses such as Neroli Sauvage, Imperial, Bois de Cedrat, Selection Verte..

Amethyststar
Amethyststar

For men? I wear this in the winter--I love it, it is warm, rich, spicy/orange, not overpowering but lasts a long time. I would call this a unisex fragrance.

Orange Spice by Creed 3.75 out of 5 based on 43 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Orange Spice fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Orange Spice, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Orange Spice by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Orange Spice by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.