Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Original Cologne Creed for women and men

Original Cologne Creed for women and men
dislike

Original Cologne Creed for women and men Pictures Original Cologne Creed for women and men Pictures

Creed expands the Royal Exclusives line with three limited edition fragrances launched in 2011: Jardin d'Amalfi, Original Cologne and White Flowers. These fragrances celebrate the 250th anniversary of the house.

Original Cologne is inspired by the classic eau de cologne, while being a robust, rich, elegant and charming fragrance.

A Royal Exclusive, Original Cologne is offered in a collectible, hand blown Pochet glass bottle etched with the CREED family crest. Removing the cap reveals a steel spray pump—modern, fast and easy to use.

Top notes: lemon, bergamot and grapefruit. Heart: galbanum, neroli and pear. Base: gray amber, white musk and rice.

It is available in bottles of 30 and 250 ml. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Grapefruit Lemon Sicilian Bergamot

Neroli Galbanum Pear

Rice Ambergris White Musk Powdery Notes

Original Cologne Fragrance Reviews

Stormstryk
Stormstryk

This is currently being re-branded as Creed "Pure White" Though the scent profile is lovely and it is a bracingly fresh and distinguished masculine scent, it is neither unique enough to pursue or worth the exorbitant price unless you are label whore. Short of the vaguely unusual "rice powder" note in the base, this is the sort of thing I could probably whip up from the essential oils and perfume molecules in my kits. Sorry Creed... this one isn't going anywhere for me.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Classy, elegant and quite appealing. Other reviewers nailed it, this smells like an inexpensive lemon soap with hints of fruit, musk and powder. A very safe and generic scent, typical of this brand. Creed brand name quality from scent to bottle, shocking price tag to match and questionable value.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I agree its soapy. The citrus opening is crisp, clean and summery. The sad thing about this.. is its way over priced. $330.00 per bottle. Does it smell unique? No, to me it smells like lemon verbena soap you can buy at bath and body works. There is no reason to pay this amount for anything other then the "creed" name. Which THANK GOD means nothing to me. Something worth mentioning, the bottle is BEAUTIFUL. The perfume sillage is commendable, the lasting power is commendable, the cost... One arm... Two legs. I compare it to a Ferrari. Looks great but it cost a$$ loads to take you places any other less expensive car can. It is sold in NY where I had to pay 17$ for a cheeseburger so maybe thats why?

penguin1010
penguin1010

I am very sorry, but on me this perfume just smelled like soap. Good, clean soap--nothing bad about it but nothing particularly unique. I couldn't even smell any of the citrus notes. It went immediately into the powdery soapy scent on my skin. Now, granted, I'm a woman, so perhaps it might smell differently with a man's chemistry. And if I smelled this on a man I would be impressed and think he smelled good. However, if another man walked by wearing Tabarome, I can tell you I'd rather be in his sillage range than the man wearing Pure White. Just my two "scents" (see what I did there?)! :-)

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

Very similar to MFK Aqua Vitae.

Original Cologne is a bit more waterly and milder, Aqua Vitae is more flowerly and sharper.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Juicy pear + smooth musk = <3 I knew I had to have it! The drydown is very soapy and very similar to love in white. Must be the rice note.

PAK
PAK

This cologne opens with an amiable citrus melange of bergamot, grapefruit, and lemon, mixed with a very lithe touch of pear. Stays close to the skin and is not offensive. After 30 minutes or so, all that remains is the paleness of galbanum (also very powdery), and that subtle pear note for sweetness. It then fades into simple white musk. In my humble opinion, for this cologne fragrance there's absolutely no reason to buy this considering the cost and really what you get. Sorry, nothing special...

Bartdino
Bartdino

Very fresh cologne but not common in my opinion. Start citrus with notes of lemon,bergamot,grapefruit with a little fruity in the middle(pear)and end with soft powdery with rice powder...very clean, fresh...personally one of my favourite in the Creed line. Has a good sillage but never loud, on me last 6/8 hours. The only complain is that should be nice to have it in a 75 or 120 flacon and not only 250 (I dont consider the 30 for the ridiculous price of this size). Anyway a great work from the house of Creed

DMA
DMA

So today i was in Selfridges London and ive been avoiding trying this for ages, just in case i fell in love with it at the price point its at lol.

I have to say i do really like this, but its not without its faults (for me personally).

This reminds me of Issey Miyakes Lea Dissey how it smelt originally in the 90's before the reformulation, its not the same but it has the same vibe.

This is very nice, very refined and finely tuned to perfection, but a little to much. I can totally understand why some men would not feeling comfortable wearing this, its to perfect, but its very well done in my opinion, im just not sure if its for me. Im far to casual, i would feel to self conscious and like i need to be perfectly groomed in a tailored suit before i could even potentially pull this off.

Defintiley a very classy 5 star high end french fragrance.

s.pa_pandora
s.pa_pandora

If you want something simply and gorgeous, I will recommend you wear this one. Its scent is somewhat linear on the top to middle note with citrus, but turns out a little sweet with powdery rice in dry down. Longevity is rather o.k. for me, 6-8 hours, but many people may hesitate to buy it thanks to its poor projection.

wonderlife
wonderlife

I loved the opening, fresh and clean. I thought the top notes would keep going but as PWC settled in, it turned into a women's fragrance, soft and sweet. Thankfully it stayed close to the skin. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I'd like it better on my girlfriend.

Mr. TomFordHermessence
Mr. TomFordHermessence

Im in my early 30's and to be honest, I've worn colognes since 5th-grade. You name it; Cool Water, Fahrenheit, Jean Paul Gaultier, Issey Miyake, Ralph Lauren Polo Green Blue Black, Gucci, D&G, Cartier, Hermes, and many others. Now I am a total fan of real pure oud oils, BUT when it comes to getting an instant olfactory reset I am proud to admit Creed Pure White Cologne (formerly known as Creed Original Cologne) is by far an absolute treat to wear. Not just for the person wearing it, but for those that are around you. This stuff reminds me of a Rolls Royce or a Bentley. It is a scent of intelligence & winning success. It can easily be worn everyday and gladly appreciated by many... But why would you? It's simply that darn great.

Enough already, Creed Pure White Cologne is a "light fresh pear scent with spritz of orange and lemon combined with suttle light touches of warm grapefruit... The dry down is elegant, welcoming, charming and basically similar to fresh clean clothes along the lines of a custom made fabric softener... but 10x better, almost with a hint of baby powder... its soft & clean. I could picture a well known championship NFL or NBA owner wearing this. Or a veteran actor who isnt old but has a collection of films they've starred in. It does cost around $700 U.S. depending on where its being purchased at, and that's for 8.4oz/250ml. The BIG question is it worth it? I own it... although I acquired it in a friendship/loyalty ordeal; so it was only $140 U.S. for 80% of a 8.4oz bottle.

If you can afford it or simply appreciate great quality I feel it's worth it. This style of fragrance isn't meant to be compared to other fragrances... it stands alone from all the rest of the Creeds, and when you wear it you'll love it. It has good longevity around 6-7hours, its projection is worth about 4hours and then it sits to the skin within 1-2feet. As far as applying this scent to clothes it last much longer like 16hours BUT this isnt that kind of scent. If you want something like that go with Creed Aventus, Millesime Imperial, or Original Vetiver.

Overall, the reasons why I enjoy this fragrance because its not screaming for ultra-mega attention, its welcoming and it has a crisp-clean gentle side to it. Finally it doesn't last all day long so I'm able to dream of wearing it again for the right occasion. -Its Good Stuff-

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Agree with Celsius, Nichehead, and Soritiosc reviews. This is a truly sophisticated fragrance with the power to transport you somewhere beautiful if you close your eyes. It's not an attention getter - Creed Spice and Wood is meant for that in my opinion - this is more for the occasion when you desire something subtle yet still very complex and intriguing. Reminds me of Antica Farmacista Prosecco (formerly Champagne) Home Ambience.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A beautiful opening of juicy pear and citrus notes which mellow to a sweet accord. Neroli blossom and rice powder round out the dry down. Those who like overly boisterous colognes will be sadly disappointed in this scent, as it lays very close to the skin. This is the timid fawn who ventures out in the morning dew to nibble a few blades of grass and go unnoticed. Delicate, unobtrusive, cautious. Another stroke of genius from Olivier Creed.

I prefer the new retitling "Pure White Cologne" as it matches the ethereal and pristine images the scent conjures up. (12)

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Again I'm rather underwhelmed by a Creed Royal Exclusive, this time "Pure White Cologne", a.k.a., "Original Cologne".

I'm thinking, as with Love in White, that perhaps the controversial rice note isn't something Creed will "bring to the culture" and make popular among niche and designer brands, the way oud became a sensation in the niche world a few years back. I smell it here the way I did in LiW - dry, kinda powdery, and a little dull. It is surrounded by very fresh, sheer citrus notes of lemon, bergamot, and grapefruit, but would you believe those notes actually come together smelling rather grey and metallic? There's a faint whiff of something else, something sweeter, I guess the pear note, under the hesperidic frontal arrangement, but after fifteen minutes I can't hardly tell. Then it's all but gone.

Lovely for a few minutes, but disappointing, and forget about spending $600 on it.

Celsius
Celsius

Hello again, my friends! This is my review on this Creed Original Cologne, my 2nd favourite after Creed Windsor.

Indeed, this scent is just as advertised, clean, subtle and so...aristocratic. It is one of the most mellow, rounded and toned down cologne I have ever experienced...I could personify this as the mellowed down autumn to Acqua di Gio's energetic summer.

Under my normal application of 3 spritzes, the top note lasted barely 10 minutes on me before opening up to the warm and mellow heart note. The drydown came 4-5 hours later, nearly imperceptible.

This is one truly amazing fragrance, being suitable for any occasion. It's not too dressy, not snobby, not overpowering, and stays almost constant on you throughout the phases. I have tried certain perfumes in which I have to apply 30 minutes before I step out of home so that the overpowering top note would fade off. No, you won't get this problem with Creed Windsor and Creed Original Cologne.

And again, there is no danger of overdosing unless you pour half a bottle per application...

If Creed Windsor is the formal and dressy fragrance for the evening, then this cologne, the Creed Original Cologne, shall be it's tailwind, picking up where it left off, to be used for any occasion that the Windsor is not suitable for.

I know there is a hefty price tag attached to both of these fragrances, and I will repeat my philosophy again: the one fragrance which you have truly come to see it as your signature will be worth over twenty lesser ones, regardless of brand name and price.

Nichehead
Nichehead

I have just recently purchased Pure White Cologne and I must say its a truly unique fragrance. Incredibly fresh and thought provoking. In my honest opinion I believe a fragrance is one of the most impressionable accessory you can wear. A scent can be a powerful memory trigger; if you are wearing something as exclusive and unique as this people will remember your smell whenever you encounter them again. It might be to floral for some but the pear and rice make it quite memorable. I suggest trying this before you committ to such a hefty price tag.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

This scent is spectacular. I personaly believe you have to suit the part to like it and the part is precisely described in the description. Close your eyes and breathe in the scent. Then let your mind visualize the palace that most dreamnt they lived in. This fragrance opens with such nice citrus opening. Sweet fruity middle notes and a sexy ambergris base. Lasts long and projects better. People will love the way you smell and be shocked at how different this fragrance is. one of a kind

talnyc
talnyc

I tried this scent at Bergdorf Goodman and I thought it was odd to release a summer scent in the fall. I did not find anything spectacular about it. The bottle is beautiful, but for the price point, there are other scents that are nicer.

Original Cologne by Creed 4.44 out of 5 based on 62 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Original Cologne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Original Cologne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Original Cologne by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Original Cologne by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.