Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Original Vetiver Creed for women and men

Original Vetiver Creed for women and men
dislike

Original Vetiver Creed for women and men Pictures

Original Vetiver is Creed's modern take on the classic Vetiver fragrance. Vetiver fragrances traditionally derive their scent from the root of the plant. Original Vetiver infuses vetiver leaves into the blend for a fresh and original effect.

This unisex fragrance pairs vetiver with Mediterranean citrus and spice, for a warm, sensual and sophisticated aroma.

The top notes consist of ginger, mandarin and bergamot. Middle notes incorporate vetiver from Haiti, Mysore sandalwood and Florentine Iris. The base notes include musk and ambergris. Original Vetiver was launched in 2004. Original Vetiver was created by Olivier Creed Sixth Generation and Erwin Creed Seventh Generation.

Mandarin Orange Ginger Bergamot

Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria

Original Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

lollero
lollero

I handed my sister three creed samples and when she smelled this she said it smells like some sort of detergente. I did agree that it smelled like soap water poured on a freshly cut grass but that's what makes it so beautiful. It's fresh and pleasant. The sillage is good and it feels like everyone else can smell you better than you. Went straight to my have to buy list!

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Oh creed behave yourself now. This is nothing but mugler's cologne with the brakes on! Straight out of the bottle it's already 8 hours fatigued.

ShaverX
ShaverX

When I first bought this a week ago. I smelled a sample on a tester and was so impressed with the bright bergomot and orange top notes with a slight bit of irish spring soap at the base. I instantly bought it.

But i got worried when I got home and put it on because it smelled different from the test strip on my skin. What I smelled were those top notes but within ten minutes they burnt off and i was left with the old man scent of BRYLCREAM!!!! to damn soapy and old man like. This wasn't what I smelt at the store!

Anyway within a week, I guess some oxygen got in the bottle and opened it up and it smells exactly like the test. It smells fantastic. The bright citrus riding a small wave of irish spring soap. The only problem and seriously creed needs to fix this or I may never drop another 200+ on their fragrances again is the dog gone projection. Sure longevity is there as I can smell it on my skin 8 hours later but after 20 minutes projection shrinks to less than an inch. It's really not nice of creed to do this. I mean we are spending a damn fortune for their scent. Perhaps they do it on purpose so we can spray more along with the massive spray blasts and we can go through bottles faster and buy more.

hasan abdul
hasan abdul

I have tried a few creeds recently such as imperial M. and GIT, original Vetiver ... etc.

I have to say that so far original Vetiver is my favorite. It's clean, refreshing. beautiful dry down, non offensive at all. after a while it stays close to the skin. kind of a suit and tie business sort of scent.

classy expensive juice, its worth trying.

smell = 8.5/10
lasting = 7.5/10
projection = 6.5/10

Olka
Olka

Beautiful fragrance. Not at all like Irish Spring. :) People, who think so are probably having poor sense of smell or just don't like the price. It may take time to develop ability to understand fragrances.
Original Vetiver is complex and balance aroma. Green, moderately fresh, but with woody note, that ads warmth and complexity. Personally I feel citrus in the beginning, then beautiful earthy note of vetiver, some ginger and amazing sandalwood. It's like you walking in the wood or park after rain. It's very soothing and comforting. Truly unisex. My husband and I bought it together so we both could use it. He use to wear Irish Tweed but it was way too fresh for me. I need some richness, some woody note to like the fraagrance. Now we both can be satisfied and enjoy our favorite brand.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

I love Vetiver scents and this one doesn't disappoint. It's my favourite Creed scent. Lasting power is okay.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I love vetiver fragrances, from clean and greens to the dark and dirties, and Original Vetiver is my favorite fresh vetiver scent. Sure, the soapiness of this fragrance reminds me of Mugler Cologne (I have both), but OV is richer, more versatile and changes more during the dry-down.

I love Mugler Cologne (great office and casual scent) but, to me, Original Vetiver is just a bit more elegant and can be used as a date fragrance as well. Projection and longevity are excellent on my skin, which tends to be fragrance friendly.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

And again, Creed wins me over. I really wanted to find a better alternative and after sampling probably 20 Vetiver blasts this one came out on top. You wear this fragrance to smell shower fresh and to add a touch of sophistication to that clean manly vibe. I can see why this was JFK's signature scent. It suits a man like him to a T. The thing I find so interesting is how this fragrance can be layered with so many other fragrances to create something new and refreshing. I especially have loved layering this bad boy with Virgin Island Water this Summer.

My Score: 9

perfume243
perfume243

Barato chipi

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

This is quite similar to Mugler, but Mugler is much fresher and this is much deeper. Sometimes I wear this the soapy+vetiver+fizzy ginger is a bit heavy at times. Where I think Mugler is only suited for warmer weather or close encounters this one is year around and actually I maybe wouldn't wear this one in the heat of the day. This is fresh but not really refreshing. This is more refined, more European much more stately than Mugler cologne. Mugler is wonderful but I think even the newest of noses would recognize the difference.

Now what I believe is that Mugler would win in a blind sniff contest. But I think people would immediately think OV was more expensive.

So there you have. This one could be a signature scent while Mugler is more of a casual/fun scent. It is sort of like the girl/guy you date and the one you marry :o) I love them both equally for their purposes.

mdjonze1
mdjonze1

Some ppl say they get no vetiver in this but my bottle is a vetiver bomb. I just wish the citrus was stronger and lasted more throughout the fragrance. Ok scent overall.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Nice! Very citrusy opening that fades fast into a soapy clean but recovers quickly back to a nice green vetiver mixed with a light orange. A lot of people say no vetiver here but I get it. Then its a nice clean, fresh long lasting vetiver after that. Great longevity.

GMK
GMK

Overrated by each n every sniff , nothing more than a soap folks compare it to Irish Spring but i humbly disagree and think Irish Spring got better smell.

OV can be described as Very light soapy yet slightly sweet vibe with no real complexity and not even the musky signature note of CREED.

I love Vetiver as a note but not this kinda soapy and watered down vetiver.

for the record I love some of the Creed Fragrances and consider them Groundbreaking.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

This is Irish Spring in a bottle!!! Irish Spring Icy blast, and the original put together. Next time you guys go to Wal-Mart, target, any store that has deodorant, body wash. Smell the "fresh collection", and the "manly fresh collection of old spice, that's what I personally get. I love it.

mchris.cav
mchris.cav

i read on creed's website that this was president JFK's signature scent.

An amazing fragrance. I received many complements when i wore this, just as i do when wearing Mugler Cologne... Mugler cologne is in my top 3 which is what led me to this. I was looking for something that could do what mugler was trying to do, only better.

Money is not an issue for me, and i can honestly say that after going through 4oz of this, i like Mugler Cologne better...not by very much, but enough to get Mugler in the future when i want to smell "like this."

Sorry to be "that guy" to compare these two, but it really is unavoidable after seeing how remarkably similar they are.

Creed OV is more "natural" smelling, but doesn't last as long as Mugler. Longevity isn't the only thing, i actually prefer the scent of Mugler to this believe it or not. It's a toss up though. They're both very good. This one you can tell is made with a hell of a lot more love and finer ingredients than mugler, but the longevity with mugler is hard to beat!

Safest blind buy. Worth the money.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I have found the Vetiver of ALL Vetivers. Creed Original Vetiver is elegant and masculine. I sprayed a little bit on my wrist and WOW!! It is fresh, crisp and sophisticated. I can see myself wearing this fragrance day or evening. It just makes me feel good all over.

Manny44
Manny44

review from 4 wearings from a 5ml decant: I get no Vetiver and barely any projection from this. Just fresh, Mugler Cologne style soapiness (with the Creed patented creaminess usually achieved by Ambergris) that gets eaten up by my skin within two hours despite a dozen sprays from a 5ml glass decant atomizer. Hope the rest of you have a better experience.

kambelz
kambelz

Very nice soapy clean vetiver fragrance, with almost a blast of pine. Reminds me a lot of Mugler Cologne, but a lot less beachy and summery. This can be worn all year round.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

I like this one by Creed. Fresh, green and a little spice. This one is very soothing to me. I will def get this. The price point is high but I found a shop that had it for almost 125 bucks cheaper than the original price. If you are a classy guy this is a good scent to have.

veda
veda

If it smells or its similar to Ferre's Bergamotto Marino definitely I have to get it!!

robg303
robg303

Ah yes, CREED Original Vetiver...I Love this fragrance!

This is essentially my daily wear for work. I use a couple others to mix it up a bit, but OV seems to work fantastic for professional situations, school or most social gatherings.

Why? Well, because it smells very soapy and clean and appears to be well tolerated by even those who dislike fragrance.

Apparently, Creed gets the vetiver in this, from a specific farm in Haiti, for several generations.
They use the juice from the roots, which gives it that distinctive milky/soapy aroma, instead of the usual woody/green that supposedly comes from the grass.

This does smell similar to Mugler Cologne, but obviously higher quality, more natural and with a gingery bite on the base.
Mugler, is slightly more floral, lightly citrus and a bit more synthetic.

Overall, this fragrance stays fairly soapy and fresh until the end of the day, then dryes down lightly herbal/ginger.

If you're someone who doesn't usually wear fragrance, due to allergies from too many synthetic chemicals, or need something appropriate for office, school, medical facility, gym, ect. Or you wanna wear a fragrance, but not smell like you are wearing one, then give this one a try.

hemp
hemp

This smells very clean and rich but it needs hot weather to really open up, cooler weather won't do it justice. Perfect for hot humid days

Tpainter2
Tpainter2

My favorite from creed, and my wife always begs me to wear it. Perfect for spring and summer and for any occasion.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

It ise very refreshing, cold scent. Definetely for summer or for sport. Not very light sport frags like some others. Aromatic but not aquatic.

Very green. Reminds me grass and tree leaves.
A bit of pine and orange also.

I'd wear this.
It depends what is surrounding vetiver to make a good composition...and this is just that.
I think having vetiver in the name makes people expect a lot of that note but it all depends how it comes across, for me there's more vetiver heavy fragrances out there that really showcase and compliment that element.
However, that doesn't stop it being a clean and green (they got that bit right!) fragrance that is as balanced and enjoyable as any other in the Creed line...just not one of my personal favourites.

pejmanshojam31
pejmanshojam31

one of the best perfume that i've ever smelled ,at first u cope with a nice tone of vetiver ( i love vetiver in perfumes ) , then it comes smoothly into mildness ,and in the middle note u find it perfect especially in sprin and summer !!! it makes u feel fresh and high !! i myself love this perfume and i suggest this to whomever love the vetiver note in high quality !

jude1321
jude1321

Oh my gosh. This juice is absolutely incredible. Guerlain has a great Vetiver, but it pales in comparison to this offering from Creed. I am absolutely stunned with this stuff. simply amazing. perfect for a breezy summer night on a beach. this is one of the best male scents I have ever come across. Creed is quickly becoming my favorite design house. Their offerings are so natural that I find it impossible that anybody could be offended by them. OV is as good as it gets. absolutely beautiful. a very safe blind buy. i suggesting combining this with original santal from creed. that combination is heavenly. a scent that will make me smile every time.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

FRESH

This is good stuff.

Yes - it has a soapy vibe - but It's a first class soapy vibe.

Had some issues with longevity. Did a blind sniff test with Mugler's Cologne and honestly could not discern the difference in the top/heart/dry down.

Bummer for Creed.

wonderlife
wonderlife

Is it me or is the perfume pyramid backwards?
OV started green, then floral, then citrusy.
Projection was lousy, longevity was better.

Redbeard
Redbeard

A mainstay of the Creed line, one of their generally good green scents...just don't hope for too much vetiver. Ignore the name, and approach OV as a grassy floral. I also will note that the resemblance to Mugler Cologne isn't that close to my nose, and I'd place OV between MC and drier, more conservative soapy green frags like Armani Eau PH and Monsieur de Givenchy. The opening of OV is strikingly moist and lush, along the lines of a Gendarme scent. It's kind of exhilarating, fizzy but not irritatingly so, and I can almost see and touch the stems, leaves, grasses and flowers that it depicts. Unlike Mugler, the top notes here are suprisingly devoid of citrus, leaving a scent totally free of sourness, and without the shrill astringence that a lot of soaps have. Somehow, they've created a scent that doesn't smell like the bar of soap itself, yet is entirely built of notes which would quickly remind anyone of soap. The green notes get a bit darker and heavier later on, but they don't devolve into Violet Soup as in some green scents. It doesn't change very much from the top notes to the mid notes, though it weakens a bit more than I'd like. I don't like the trace of woody notes that appear farther in, because they bring a bit of a mustiness, but still in a very natural way. Also, as the base approaches, the florals get just a bit "wilted", with a somewhat thicker sweetness. Regardless, I'd heartily recommend this both for its soapy florals and its green freshness.

Bandit
Bandit

This smells like soap. Nothing more. No vetiver here. I could not believed it, because it is so overpriced, but it really doesn't deliver. Buy something worthwhile instead.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Old-fashioned, smells like ordinary after-shave. Suitable for older men. Weak longevity - 3-4 hours on my skin - luckily, I must say for I do not like it.

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

This was the first Creed perfume that I bought. I appreciate the complex, multidimensional scent. Afterwards, I couldn't go back to unidimensional products. I agree with other reviewers that it's a very fresh, summery fragrance.

jhitt793
jhitt793

A masterful blending of bright lemon, earthy vetiver and spicy pine. I feel the refreshing nature of this scent is better suited for the bath/shower than for cologne, but would work well for some. Undoubtedly a warm weather scent. (7)

b360
b360

finally have my hands on some ov and im impressed......kinda flowery tho.....definately unisex also....have heard jfk wore this vetiver and the formulas been tweaked just a bit with this version but its soo nice.....sweet and green at first but serious and subtle at end.....lasts long too.....ive just sprayed a few times on my bed sheets and my whole room is alive now..whole darn floor actually....not overpowering but its powerful for sure in a good way

kazewayz
kazewayz

This one is delicious. It's green earthy and the vetiver is there, but a rather modern take on it.The projection is wonderful. It's clean, citrusy. Very welcoming scent, and unoffensive. The opening is beautiful more than the dry down in my opinion, but it still makes for a great fragrance. It's fresh and a little tiny bit spicy. Try it. At the end of the day it's a Creed.

Yasir Shahbaz
Yasir Shahbaz

this frag is simply soothing
it is clean and fresh and does not spike a loud status
it stays to the skin and smells divine. it is amazingly clean and pure and has a note of decency and nobility in it. a fine and subtle blend to wear.
a must have

jamwires
jamwires

This blows Mugler Cologne out of the water.

Where Mugler Cologne is high-pitched, airy, and one-dimensional, Original Vetiver is anything but. The opening is similar to MC, but OV is more natural. From there, the two fragrances take different directions. The Mugler stays pretty linear, but the Creed develops into a thing of absolute beauty.

Green, clean, yet slightly earthy and peppery, this is an absolutely beautiful clean vetiver. NOTHING about this exists in Mugler Cologne. I made a huge mistake by listening to short-sighted reviews, and stayed away from OV, because people said it smelled the exact same as MC. Wrong.

Original Vetiver can be had at discount prices, but to be honest, it's so damn good, I'd pay retail. Once you actually spend some time with it, you'll quickly realize - this is a vetiver fragrance - and those that say otherwise, have never sniffed beyond the opening on a tester strip.

Projects well for about 3-4 hours, lasts for about 8 hours on the skin. An absolute must have for summer months. I'm a fan of the house of Thierry Mugler, but this isn't even a competition. Not close.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Original Vetiver and Mugler Cologne are about 50% to 70% the same.

MC is soapier, more synthetic, brighter and more neroli based. OV is a little darker, more nature, more grassy and the vetiver is more noticeable. OV is safer because it's smoother, whereas MC is a bit shrill and medicinal.

I like both Original Vetiver and Mugler Cologne, but prefer Original Vetiver. To simplify it, I would say Oirignal Vetiver is 50% better than Mugler Cologne, but costs 250% more.

Whether you're willing to make this trade-off depends on how dedicated you are to this hobby. But both are good options at their respective price lines, depending on what you want.

OV is a vetiver that's versatile, great for the summer, which is not always easy to find. Projects and lasts a little bit more than the average Creed.

It's not in my top 5 Creeds overall, to be honest, but personally I like it.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

*Creed Original Vetiver

The opening is a sweet critus accord which goes away in a few minutes. This reminds me at once Thierry Mugler Cologne. Then, something soapy and powdery comes bringing sensation of a shower bath taken.

After that, i feel the earthy element of Vetiver. Here it is not so dirty, neither a clean vetiver - stays on the middle.

The citrousy gets less intense but something spicy comes - here is the ginger.

Here we have a simple musky dry...
Not good longevity with me... But good sillage though.

It is simple and i can only say it is good - nothing more.
But when i see the $$$, this scent isn't worthy its price tag...

Thierry Cologne still does better that this one at all...

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

A delicious balance of fresh, green and sensual wood aromas. Vetiver from Haïti is at its centre rounded by Sandalwood from Mysore, Musk and Ambergris.

However this is not a traditional Vetiver – Creed’s creation has a very contemporary clean character provided by its citrus top notes and the White Pepper and Coriander in its heart.

Top notes: Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Mandarin, Vetiver Leaves

Heart notes: White Pepper, Coriander, Juniper Berry

Base notes: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ambergris, Tonkin Musk

Scent: Green

Fantastic masculine green fragrance which develops to unique CREED scent.

Must have for modern man.

My choice for my partner's birthday. ;)
x

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

At least I *think* this is the one the lady at the Creed counter put into a tester for me. I remember a vivid green bottle.

Anyway, this is good, but I prefer Guerlain's Vetiver. This seems to be a somewhat more citrus take on the vetiver note. Guerlain's product seems to be woodier and is more long-lasting.

This doesn't last for long on me; it's better applied to clothing than skin in my case.

------

Second wearing: Compared to Guerlain Vetiver (which I now own), this is crass. An also-ran.

Anschutz600
Anschutz600

It smells like Mugler Cologne but 4 times the price and Mugler's not that special to start with.

jaypleski
jaypleski

Really outstanding blend. Feels fresh, vigorous and wholesome, but with sophisticated aromatic wood undertones. The pine scent compliments the vetiver perfectly to give it a lofty, breezy feel, unlike the earthy, undergrowth feel you get from pure vetiver. I'm completely sold on yet another Creed classic.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

It really does smell like Mugler Cologne, but BETTER! It has more of the pine woody smell which dries down to perfection.
Definitely a great smell from creed. The dry down is amazing.
It has that "pine sol" smell but in a great way. Almost sour, but man oh man I love it.

Ali88
Ali88

One of the underrated fragrances from creed. When I first smelled this one at the Madison ave boutique I wasn't really blown off my feet. But smelling the tester paper hours and days after leaving, I couldn't have enough of this beautiful, fresh (not GIT fresh), green, dreamy scent. My nose was stuck to that paper all next day. This is what I imagine the paradise smells like!
I do get the buttery note, but this is way too late in the dry down, too late to worry about it.
I heard, not verifiably, that this is one of the favorites of creed in France. This is very easy to believe given the attributes of this fragrance.
Still not sure if this is how I like to smell, but this is definitely what I like to smell all day long. That being said and since one should wear fragrances for himself, this is my new signature scent.

zola0203
zola0203

Gorgeous! This was my first foray into real scent (having been purely a high-street buyer previously). I sampled it by chance when testing Green Irish Tweed on my skin (which I like, but is overrated). I was sucked in by the dip-dye green bottle and hypnotised by the top notes. The dry down, for me, is fresh, woody, and green...as per the top notes but with an understated elegance.

I love this one despite the lack of vetiver (I agree there is only a hint, surprising given it is in the frag's name!). A real clean, classic scent!

degauss
degauss

It smells wonderful on paper: bitter, fresh, slightly dark. On my skin, however, it turns weak and blandly clean-sweet. Unoffensive and barely perceptible. Must be bad match chemistry-wise, a pity.

goldiloks
goldiloks

I have just tried this, and have had my nose stuck to my wrist for the past 2 hours; this stuff is one of the most uplifting, fresh, optimistic and calming fragrances I have had the pleasure of wearing. Listed of a man but this is unisex for sure. It's not girly or pretty but this juice should be in the aromatherapy section, it is simply wonderful. You will be nuzzled!
The price tag will mean I never will own a bottle, but it's still a treat to have a little spritz from a dept store every now and then :) So uplifting! A cheaper alternative would be welcome....

meshary007
meshary007

Creed Original Vetiver ... That Green Man

opens sweet & sour lemon Ginger with a hint of Vetiver and Sandalwood .
dry down killer woods best dry down ever .

I suggest you go try than you can see why is this the best
Grey Vetiver Tom Ford

Middle Notes: Vetiver from Haiti, Sandalwood from Mysore, Iris from Florence

Base Notes: Musk, Ambergris

Go4broke
Go4broke

Dominant notes here are lemon, mandarin and ginger, but has a very clean smell and is unbelievably fresh. A very well made frag but still not adventurous enough for me. A bit safe.

ptheriault
ptheriault

In my opinion Original Vetiver is simply leagues ahead of most perfumes available on the market. I am happy to pay a bit more for Creed for several reasons. First of all, I am always happy to pay more for something that is of a good quality. Secondly, I don't wear many different perfumes. I only ever have one or two on the go at any given time. I'd rather spend a little more and treat myself to something a bit special. I will never own a Bentley, or be a rock-star. I am a very average person, however I can own a few bottles of Creed (life is wonderful when you can have a bit of "cake" once in a while). And, as with many things made of a superior quality, a little bit of Creed can go a long way. It's not fashionable to wear a lot of perfume nowadays in any event. Increasingly it's prohibited in the workplace, for example (and thankfully so). Lastly, I only want people who lean close to me to smell my scent. When I greet someone with a kiss on the cheek for instance. Moreover (and to sum up how I feel about this perfume): I used to wear perfume for others. When I discovered Creed, I began wearing perfume for myself. I'd prefer most people not to know that I wear perfume at all, in fact.

I don't care about sillage or longevity. When I wear Original Vetiver I am giving myself a treat. I put a small amount on my wrist and I find myself re-discovering it all day long. A hint of it on my glove, a pleasant waft as I do a quick shoulder-check while merging into traffic on the freeway, it's a faithful companion all day. It just gets better and softer. It smells of beautiful Vetiver and Sandalwood as the day progresses. I have had the privilege of visiting Mysore in India where the Sandalwood is legendary and although I am a complete perfume neophyte, I can tell the difference between a good Sandalwood and a VERY, VERY good Sandalwood. This Sandalwood has been tamed and well-partnered with other scents.

Unlike the experts and most commenters here, I don't smell ginger whatsoever in this perfume's opening. Rather, I get an instant, overpowering sensation that I have been somehow transported into the heart of a beautiful garden. The first moment is intense. It smells clean and natural and unlike any other brand of perfume I know. Flower power without a hint of anything but flower (no ginger). Then, as quickly as it has punched it's way out of the bottle, a series of beautiful notes descend. This is a serious fragrance. It is artful and smell's handmade (if it is possible to discern such a thing) and it is original, there is nothing like it.

I never write reviews about products (I rarely write period) but I really love Creed's perfumes. I feel that having them around adds a nice new dimension to my overall quality-of-living. I know that surely sounds odd to many of you. What I mean is that, I use my senses of sight and touch all day to the fullest. With a bit of Creed discretely on my arm I feel I am engaging my sense of smell all day long as well. It simply make every day a more fulsome experience. I felt compelled to write this review to encourage anyone who is interested in this scent to try it. Wear it for a few days if you can get a sample. I never cared much for perfume. Creed has turned me into something of a fanatic (in a good way) with Original Vetiver (Tabarome and Aventus are astonishing as well).

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

I admit I was biased going into testing this. I have found that Most Creed fragrances go on Monster strong, and dry-down and disappear quickly. Original Vetiver was no different. The explosion of Citrus and green soap quickly calmed down to...cedar and soap. There is little vetiver here. admittedly, they claim the leaves instead of the roots, but it dries to a generic green soap, like Irish Spring. Most creeds project for an hour, then have no sillage or projection. Like GIT, you can still smell it after 8hrs, ONLY if you press your nose to your skin. For the money, I want something to waft up to my nose occasionally over 7-8hrs. This blasts me out for 15min, calms down for an 3hrs, then...nothing.

jgirgar
jgirgar

Funny thing about Vetiver fragrances is how people really perceive how Vetiver should smell.

Here's how I approach this magnificent scent: Line up COV next to Sycamore, next to Encre Noir, next to Bang then next to Guerlain Vetiver - now start from one end to the other and you will get the idea. Vetiver is in all of them.

I love COV and it's longevity is wonderful. It's clean, fresh, cool and warm simultaneously.

I've seem to lost some appeal to Creed, but this one will always be a staple in my collection. Now that Creed has started a line with fragranced oils, I sincerely hope they add the Original Vetiver in there too.

Beautiful, classic fragrance! JG 080412

wchickillo
wchickillo

definitely exceeded my expectations. its unlike other vetivers in that its got a fruity, fresh twist to it. Its a lot fresher than i expected it to be which was refreshing seeing that its summer and very hot. Of course, it is Creed, so its a little pricey, but your definitely getting what you paid for as with all Creed fragrances.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Got a big sample of 4 ml last week and did my best to be neutral.
I placed a few drops on my palms and wrist while driving home.
And you can tell this is a well made scent!
Its dry vetiver based on lemon and bitter oranges its very fresh in the first 15 minutes but developes into a closeskin deep oily vetiver which will surround you and does not screams "IM A Vetiver bomb"
Its easy going sunday cologne all the way.
Good for spring/summer and hotter windy days and in my opninion not a romantic night scent.
One thing :
To truly enjoy its deliciuos vetivers troke you need to put your nose close...
and thats my only CON about this scent which is pricy.
Its projection could be more.
Will i pay its price of 1$/ml? ... not now, niche is nice but prices are overrated...

Kain
Kain

A well made green and fresh fragrance, great for spring and hot summer days.
At the opening you can smell very green and fresh vetiver note with some citrus notes. funny thing here is this green and fresh combo give you sour grapes vibe!
In the mid the green and sour grape vibe start to fade and very transparent and light vetiver note comes in! it's very smooth and pleasant.
In the base again, you can smell vetiver note with some soapy vibe. very nice and clean.
Projection is good but longevity is poor on my skin.
I get 3-5 hours.
یه عطر شاداب وخنک بارایحه ای سبزوگیاهی که اونو یه انتخاب خوب برای بهار و تابستون میکنه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر، رایحه سبز و گیاهی وتیور یا همون خس خس هست که رایحه شاداب و ملایمی از مرکبات اونو همراهی میکنن. نكته جالب اينجاست كه بوي اوليه بوي ترش و گياهي هست كه شما رو تا حد خيلي زيادي ياد بو غوره درخت انگور ميندازه
در رايحه مياني بوي ترش و شبيه بوي غوره كم كم شروع به محو شدن ميكنه و شما يه بوي خيلي ملايم و شاداب وتيور رو احساس ميكنين كه حس بسيار آرمش بخشي داره
در ادامه در حالي كه بوي ملايم وتيور به مشام ميرسه. يه ته بوي صابوني پيدا ميكنه بوي اين عطر كه حس خنكي و شادابي و تميزي به آدم ميده
كار بسيار خوبيه
پخش بوش خوبه اما ماندگاري كمي داره. حدود 3 تا 5 ساعت روي پوست

jrichart
jrichart

Original Vetiver de Creed no será una fragancia llamativa ni original pero si es un perfume reconforntante y relajado que será del agrado de todo el mundo. Es un maderoso-especiado jabonoso discreto y elegante como deben ser las fragancias de los verdaderos caballeros. Yo lo veo muy británico en el sentido de que lo veo muy aristocrático, aunque no es un aristocrático old school(vieja escuela)como son Habit Rouge y Mouchoir de Monsieur de Guerlain. Porque muchas veces menos es más.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

Original vetiver is one step above mugler cologne. Cologne has been discontinued and I religously wore it everyday for years. Life has some how directed me to creed. I never knew it existed till only a couple weeks ago. The moment i smelt original vetiver i was amazed. It seemed like the perfect substitute. After wearing it a couple times I've decided it is better. all the claims that it doesn't last long are wrong anyways. with 3 sprays on each wrist they both lasted till the morning after. In fact the original Vetiver was more rich and lasted longer. Both these scents are subtle and come out more when your active. Worth the money.

marioslg3
marioslg3

Having used this perfume again and again now in winter, I have to admit that there is no any comparison with Mugler Cologne beyond the first 3-5 minutes max. The two perfumes then turn on a completely different direction. Mugler remains miles away and OV is getting greener, fresher, more natural and pleasant. This justifies the difference in price and the big difference in quality, in name although I love Mugler perfumes. It would be better if this perfume was named Original Green instead of OV. The vetiver is definitely there but is very elegant, refined and calm. In any situation, there is no comparison between OV by Creed and Guerlain Vetiver. Guerlain is more strong, raw and complex giving the perfume better substance in the big vetiver family. OV is something like the prince of vetiver, Guerlain is the master warrior. The citrus, rose etc hold the vetiver in Creed from becoming strong and wild at the time where all other ingredients in Guerlain are pushing it harder and harder. It is indeed a matter of taste for someone but the three perfumes, OV, Guerlain Vetiver and Mugler Cologne, for me are not the same and can serve different tastes and budgets.

erpee
erpee

OV for me is one of my all time favourites. The ultimate summer-scent. This attracts men and women...people always come closer to sniff this and they ask me about it. Lasts really long on my skin. I love how this scent stays 'around' me when I go swimming.. not cheap but worth it.

dmoman
dmoman

My lady like this, so perhaps the women like it alot? Smells like grass ans smoke in a good way. I like it but if you are going with vetiver as a main scent like what MOSCHUS said..Guerlain Vetiver is a better try but that's just our opinion.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

I always heard that creed fragrances doesn't derserve the price tag and now when i test original vetiver i agree 100%.
The smell is very crisp,citrusy,light,pine,very clean and cool ,very naturel and it's quality but in the other way it's a typical edc like,i'm not saying that fragrance should be BOLD or extremely unique ,but i wouldn't pay more then 150$ for these type of scent.
Many niche houses do these types,these naturel citrusy smell,and they have an acceptable price and more long lasting ,this is poor in longevity buy the way.
Dont pay attention to creed advertising,they are good in that,boxes,bottles,celebreties...etc
Nice but doesn't deserve the high price definitley!

CookieQuala
CookieQuala

Is there any specific reason to buy this overpriced product when I can easily get 2-3 awesome top rated colognes for its price?

Grottola
Grottola

I'd like to say this is a good vetiver, but I really don't get any vetiver out of it. I get a BIG, obnoxious woody-amber note, and of course a green/soapy smell similar to Mugler Cologne, but not as simple or beautiful. Original Vetiver has great sillage and longevity on me, but it's one of the few fragrances that truly gives me a headache.

Try before you buy.

jtd
jtd

Which word in the name of this fragrance is further from the truth? Original? Actually Original Vetiver (2004) is a soapy, citrus-woody fragrance in the vein of just about every designer men’s fragrance with the words “fresh” or “sport” in the name from the era. Vetiver? None so far as I can smell.

OV includes that whistle-like note from Mugler’s Cologne, but instead of metallic like the Mugler, it’s sour. I think it’s meant to read as clean in a 21st century masculine manner, but the soapy, fragrance-masking quality isn’t quit able to cover its own sour-sweaty smell and winds up a bit vinegary, stale.

Celsius
Celsius

Very warm...people actually moves closer to me to check out this scent.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

well the vetiver in this one is not as strong and in your face like the ones I have in my wardbrobe-guerlain,grey vetiver,encre noir among others I have sampled.this is subdued and not harsh or burning to the nose.

It blends nicely with the citruses and am smelling lime here a lot.strong at first squirt before it fades with lingering notes on drydown after an hour and beyond.Yep,it's clean,smells high class and has average longevity on my skin.after 2 hours it loses its potency and becomes a very close skin scent.

am not overly impressed with the fragrance.it's way too soapy for my liking.If I want a vetiver i will buy one that gives me that total feel and not smell like I have lathered myself with some expensive smelling soap.

It is from what i read ,very good for some people but it's just not for me.

It's named Original Vetiver.yeah,I get some vetiver in this alright but how the hell did they convince themselves to add "Original" to this liquid soap?Original vetiver?Naaah,more like Soapy Vetiver to me

Luforge
Luforge

Always fresh and crisp,..had so many compliments with this one. More of daytime fragrance specially for summer...This is one of my favourites and just love it!..No wonder it was JFKs favourite....

alhasan_ali
alhasan_ali

I just love the smell of freshness and cleanness of this perfume. One of the best Creed's.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Probably the truest "green" perfume I've ever worn. Original Vetiver opens with the most sublime pale green grassiness, studded with a gorgeous melange of citrus and iris root. As the grassy notes progress into ginger and ambergris, the citrus burns off and the iris and vetiver hold the soapiness of the fragrance in place. This is a clean, breezy, green breath of fresh air, and I find it to be the most rewarding experience for "green" aficionados. If I could afford it, I'd have an 8 oz flacon of this juice in my wardrobe at all times. Quite honestly the best modern Creed I've tried, and with the exception of Mugler Cologne, it's unmatched in a pantheon of fresh, green scents.

K1
K1

Original Vetiver is a nostalgic marine scent. It's like your path to seashore passes from wet pine woods walk. Every time I test this marvelous fragrance my first impressions is just relaxing. I like to inhale it deeply and not exhale.
I friendly suggest people who work stressful jobs make a try of it. This is the most relaxing scent I've ever known.

angelomarcus
angelomarcus

OV is the best Vetiver scent out there. Most if the other Vetivers have that old gentleman smell, this Vetiver was DESIGNED to be modern thus smells different then most of the classic Vetivers on the market. OV has been criticized for not having the classic Vetiver smell, well it was never supposed to. I'm 34 and where this cologne with no problem, I do not think I could do that with Tom Fords Vetiver and definitely not Guerlains Vetiver. If you want to smell like grandpa buy one of those...if you want to smell classy, sophisticated go with OV.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

When I first tried this on a cold day I just smelled freshly cut grass and was not impressed. Then I tried it on a real hot day and it was amazing. It really developed in the heat and I was getting waves of lovely citrus, felt like I was in the Bahamas.

First impression: This is nothing like any Vetiver fragrances I have tired before. For example, Guerlain Vetiver and Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. This one I can't smell vetiver instantly. Instead, I get a lot of green pine and cedar with some bitter (but nice) lemon/grapefruit. It's not too bitter nor dried; thanks to some juicy sweet orangey fruit. I can see where some folks get the lemongrass as well, but I just get a lot of pine with slightly cool feel. Sadly, I don't think I smell rose here. :(

Vetiver is still very subtle on my skin for the first hour (sigh) but wait! there is more. All the sudden, the grassy vetiver just jump right in front of me, and it smells really grassy and really nice. I enjoy it especially when I pick up the scent in the air. I am glad it's still not as dry as any other Vetiver based fragrances out there. It stays moist and cool.

Even though I get a lot of pine and it reminds me of winter holiday, I still think this is a very nice scent. It has a decent longevity, and it doesn't exactly smell common for vetiver based scent. The bottle is nice and I am glad I got it at a steal. It's my one and only vetiver fragrance in my wardrobe.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

This really does smell like the Mugler BUT only a really rich elaborate version of it. For me… someone who makes under 100K a year, I just don’t like to spend this much money on a cologne if I know full well that it is going to evaporate asap. Sorry! I don’t know if Creed takes this into account or if they feel like they want to market to the people who really don’t even factor price into their decision to buy.

Now about the scent. It is a refreshing, green, sophisticated cologne. Its worthy of the Creed name and feels really organic while also smelling refined. Citrus, clean, crisp and not really warm. Nice and different from other colognes out there.

My other problem with this fragrance and the Mugler is that people just don’t really smell like this stuff. I know that the previous sentence does not really make sense so I will explain what I mean. There is just no way that someone would in their own doing end up smelling like this cologne. Its just too got caught in a fight with lawn clipping s and a lemon farmer. This is just straight up a little too much ramped and revved up citrus for justification. Could be just me though. This gets my respect but not my wallet.

Papi
Papi

It is strong from the start and smell doesn't disappear. I loved it, still actually got it on my paper sample 12 hours after... smells expensive.

KS84
KS84

Straight up it opens with harsh sour/bitter lemons, though it's actually orange citruses. Probably why it'd be most enjoyed during summer. Then quiets down to Vetiver which is quite nice. Doesn't smell modern.

lfmars98
lfmars98

This smells exactly like Mugler cologne just like everybody says.

darkroomvisitor
darkroomvisitor

Although it has vetiver in the name it's not what you smell first. First thing that popped in my mind was Thierry Mugler's Cologne. More soapy but very fresh indeed. Great on a summer evening.

guest_Sniffster
guest_Sniffster

Ditto Aiona on the lemongrass and ginger (which I love!) but not the sour notes of tom yum (oh please, that hurt to read) - yes, I am defending a scent I love :) I like it so much that I sometimes dab it on my nose (shh). A classy combination of citrus and spice, softened by the soapiness, and not overdone like many woodsy, overly musky colognes. Of course colognes and perfumes depend largely on the person wearing it, but I fell in love with this one on a recent encounter - from my reaction to it, quote the [lucky] guy, who muttered under his breath and into my ear: "That [Original] Vetiver was worth every penny I spent on it." ;) And it lasts forever, even after a shower - it's a Creed Millesime, built to last. Love it.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

This is one of my favourate Creed perfume.The most refreshing scent i have ever encountered ,this is definetely an outstanding work from Creed , very high quality always Creed.

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

I have always had proplems with the vetiver-note, but in Original Vetiver it`s different. This is a very modern, soft, and easy to wear vetier. It`s very unique, and always a compliment-getter. This vetiver is different! Excelent casual summer scent from Creed.

guynspfld
guynspfld

I wore OV for the first time today and did I get compliments. I work in healthcare and have to be cautious as to what I wear. I am a loyal Tabarome fan, but find it to heavy for work. OV is subtle enough that I can wear it and no I am not offending anyone. The citrus beginning to the spicy base it never sours as many do. I am glad I purchased this yesterday!!

shamus1
shamus1

I have to swallow my pride on this one. I wrote a scathing review of OV a month ago (see below), but what I didn't know at the time was that I was sold a fake bottle of OV (I was dumb enough to buy it on eBay, which I've learned now is notorious for peddling phony Creeds). Two weeks ago I went to Neiman Marcus and sampled the real OV, which didn't even resemble the schlock I had accidentally purchased. I then purchased a real bottle of OV from a reputable vendor, and now my view has changed.

That being said, I must say that OV is a fabulous fragrance. I'm wearing it right now and enjoying every minute of it. It starts off with a fresh, green soapy accord reminiscent of Irish Spring soap, but more subtle and elegant. You don't smell any vetiver at all until the top notes fade, which takes about an hour. At that point, the vetiver starts to sneak in, and remains through the drydown. The vetiver itself has a sort of soapy character, very unlike Goutal's Vetiver, which has a very raw, earthy feel. Creed's vetiver is of excellent quality here. My only complaint with OV is that it doesn't last very long - five or six sprays on my skin only lasts about five hours. However, those five hours are wonderful. OV is fascinating in the way it unfolds - you wonder where the vetiver is in the beginning, then it slowly creeps its way into your heart. Excellent!

As for my earlier review, my apologies to Creed and others who like this fragrance (although I still think Creed's advertising is snooty and pretentious!)

Aiona

6 hours later, the top notes are completely gone, or maybe I have nose fatigue! All that seems to be left is a sandalwood/amber base, similar to that of Spirit for Women. 6 hours is way too quick for such an expensive scent to disappear!

Aiona

I know the name says "Vetiver," but my first initial impression with this one was "LEMONGRASS". . . overwhelming LEMONGRASS. And ginger, too. Behind it all, I can smell what people call the "Ivory soap" smell. But it's Ivory soap mixed with lemongrass. I don't see lemongrass as one of the notes, though. However, if I wanted to smell like a big, spicy bowl of tom yum, mixed with Ivory soap, then this is what I would choose to wear!

Original Vetiver by Creed 4.30 out of 5 based on 527 ratings and 87 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Original Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Original Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Original Vetiver by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Original Vetiver by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.