Designers » C » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Royal Oud Creed for women and men
dislike

oud
Royal Oud Creed for women and men Pictures

Creed has created their oud fragrance as a response to the many requests they received from clients, but they have adapted the scent to the style of their house. Wood, leather, marble and gold—the elements of a royal Persian palace—inspired this luxurious mix of the Persian and Parisian.

Royal Oud is a stylish and warm fougere fragrance with a beautiful kaleidoscope of woody, aromatic green and spicy nuances. The note of oud is an integral part of the composition, playing its role in balanced equilibrium with other notes.

Top notes include lemon, pink berry and bergamot. The middle notes consist of cedar, galbanum and angelic root. Base notes are Regal Indian oud, sandalwood and Tonkin musk. Royal Oud was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Lemon Pink Pepper Sicilian Bergamot

Cedar Galbanum Angelica

Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood Musk

Intense Black

Royal Oud Fragrance Reviews

prodigy
prodigy

Overrated, uninspiring and boring. For a supposed oud fragrance this has no backbone. For creed groupies.

lollero
lollero

This fragrance is weird. It is unique and strong. This reminds of some kind of liquorice attract. Royal oud rips my smelling nibs apart it's that stingy. If you can get past the strong opening the drydown is very pleasant, dry and sensual. After a while I thought someone had le male or cuba gold on but it was me and that was extremely weird!

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

My biggest thankyou goes out to Justin who's kindness and generosity has made this review possible :)

CREED ROYAL OUD:

As the sun kisses my face I wander through the weeping branches of the pink peppercorn tree, it's clusters of berries in graduating hues of whites and pinks sharing the branches with fine green and slender leaves that whisper as the breeze moves through them. I run my hands through the foliage and grasp a cluster of the spiced spheres in my callused hands, crushing them in my palm to release their sharp, yet sweet laced peppery scent. As the berries fall from my hand to the ground, their scent catches the breeze and the residue of their fruit mingles with the warm oils of my skin.

I look to the ground where the berries now lay and notice a fallen lemon from a neighbouring tree. As I peel it's thick flesh, a multifaceted citric perfume fills the air and stains my hands. The outer skin, the rough white pith, and the juice itself all offering different and unique nuances of the bright and sunny fruit. I move a large segment of the thick skin between my thumb and fingers as I continue my walk through the garden, the oily peppered residue of the pink corns coating it as I do. Sharp and bright, sweet and dry, this fume tickles my nose slightly, yet not in a way that is by any means unpleasant.

The wind now changes direction, and carried with it I sense the smoke from a fire in close proximity; as if someone is burning fresh green woods, possibly the branches of a newly pruned tree. It's camphor like, cool and slightly bitter wet smoke haze serving as background noise to the scent on my hands, and the olfactory library of my immediate surroundings.

I'm back at the spot I left my drink now; just outside the toolshed. I take a seat next to the open door and bring the tumbler of bitter lemon up to my mouth to quench my thirst. The effervescent shiny bubbles have now vanished since my first swig, and just like the sharpness of the pepper on my hands has mellowed, so too has the acrid tickle of the lemon beverage. A smooth softness now rounds off the edges to what was somewhat prickly and bracing.

The sun beats down upon me now, I wipe the sweat from my brow, put down the drink and make me way into the toolshed. My boots stirring the blanket of cedar shavings that cover the floor. Each step sending a cloud of dry woody dust particles into the air. It's warm and comforting scent fills the air, and, in this confined space, lingers as the particles fall to the floor. Pink pepper, soft lemon, a mellowed green sweetness of Bergamot, and now cedar dance in perfect unison with every breath in I take.

From the small drinks fridge inside my shed I grab another bottled beverage, this time dry ginger ale. That first intoxicating burst of golden vapour, propels towards me a heady mix of sweet and dry. This resinous musky mallow smothers the sharpness of the wood, citrus and pepper and alters their tone rather than removing their presence.

I return to my chair just outside the toolshed, again I am reminded of the fire burning close by, it's medicinal dampness fizzing in and out. As I sip my drink and enjoy the warmth of the winter sun, the citric pepperiness almost transparent now, I settle into the lingering creamy malt trail still clasping the hairs in my nose.

I must say that I found Creed Royal Oud a most thoroughly enjoyable experience from start to finish, with it's longevity and projection in keeping with a fume of this creed and quality.

tecum15
tecum15

First time I smelled it it took me right back to my granfather's carpenter's shop. He was a carpender. And even though you see the fruity notes listed there, all I smell is this pleasant wood. Very classy, masculine and calming scent!

mightypog
mightypog

I feel like I finally know what oud smells like! I tried this on a strip and then got a decant. All day I got whiffs of an unmistakable dry wood, a sweet, aromatic wood not unlike the scent of an old log cabin.

LOVE!!!

axa5780

Very elegant! Very mature as well. Great scent nonetheless.

Strappyshoo
Strappyshoo

I first smelled this four years ago on a cold winters evening and I fell in love at first sniff. I then spent the next four years not buying it as I couldn't justify spending the money and bought loads of cheaper fragrances I kind of liked ...because that makes sense?! I have just taken delivery of a bottle and would just like to share my joy! This is one of the most majestic, sophisticated, elegant and exquisitely crafted fragrances on the market and it is worth every penny. I wish I'd bought it sooner. Magical.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I got myself a small decant of this as I wasn't quite sure what oud actually was. My first impression was that this was a masculine scent, not unisex. Its gorgeous, but absolutely not me at all. It smells like an old Irish homestead, the scent of burning peat, smokiness, woody and aromatic with a hint of old leather in the background. I got no real citrus at all, except for a slight wisp of spicy sweetness under the smoke. To me, this is all man, and it is incredibly erotic, but also comforting in a way-a man who wears this would smell like a man who could do anything (change tyres, fight off a grizzly bear with his bare hands, rescue small children from burning buildings, that sort of man!).

maani
maani

you should be Oud lover to use this best Oud fragrance,very nice strong but soft after some time ,best for mature people

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Please produce larger bottles of this one, Creed. 75 ml just doesn't cut it, especially when you're producing 500 ml bottles of Royal Water, Neroli Sauvage and Original Vetiver. It's nuts, actually.

axa5780

I really like this! the Oud/Citrus combo really works! Really masculine and sexy.

margaritatee
margaritatee

This is a ravishing fragrance for both men and women ... the much celebrated combo of citrus and oudy/musk makes its wearer positively lickable. But for me, something about that cedar journey in the middle is the hero ... a sunshine blast thru what might otherwise be a formal affair. Nothing could be finer to draw close to in winter. j'adore.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is one of my favorite smelling colognes. The way this scent so elegantly covers up it's woodsy base with a fresh smelling top is mesmerizing. I wholeheartedly love this one and wish that I could walk around with the atomizer taped to my nose. This is proudly in my top 5 colognes and I can't imagine the day it falls out of favor. Performs well and generates great compliments.

My Score: 10

AndrewMoc
AndrewMoc

This is really damn good.

There's leather giving it a raw intensity, oud adding that medicinal touch, pink pepper and citruses making it pop and sandalwood smoothing the entire mixture out. And the cedar is so damn raw and lively. I really like this. This is not for the boys, but for the men. The innovators and go getters. This for me can be worn anytime but it is exactly the scent that will make a nice suit in a formal occasion come to life. Longevity and projection seem about average to me, and I'm quite okay with that. It is my skin after all, and being the cologne guy isn't always a plus. Its amazing how much I shifted on this one. Disregard to full blown love.

A++

alberto1964
alberto1964

I do not particularly like oud but this mix makes me go crazy. The balance of resins, oud and citrus is simply lovely.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

One could say the wearer of this fragrance exouds (not a spelling error) confidence both strongly and openly. It's the fragrance I most enjoy wearing when it's time to get down to serious business. I am new to oud, but I absolutely love this fragrance and I was thrilled at how well Creed took oud and blended it perfectly with woody and musky notes...just a terrifically enjoyable, and wearable, fragrance. To me, Royal Oud strikes a perfect balance between capturing the rich, powerful essence of oud and showcasing it in a splendid fragrance. I don't know how it's possible, but I now have five (5) favorite Creed fragrances. Go figure!

Just to play devil's advocate, I own YSL M7 and have sampled other more 'oudy' fragrances. While I do like M7 (not love), to me Royal Oud strikes a perfect balance of how oud should be used in a fragrance, which others may not agree with.

Longevity is 10+ hours and projects quite nicely for 4-6 hours on my skin. To be honest, most scents last a very long time on my skin so it's only usual when frags (like Gucci Pour Homme II) disappear completely by the early afternoon.

del
del

Royal Oud has some earthiness in it, and some tea vibe as it progresses -- it actually reminds me of Gucci Pour Homme II (GPH II). As for Oud, it is so soft, if there's any. If you’re expecting an M7 type of oud, you'll be disappointed.

Royal Oud is versatile and a gentle performer that leaves a soft sweet scent trail. Longevity is inconsistent -- lasts about 5-6 hours on my skin on a good day without reapplication.

Royal Oud is a nice offering from Creed that is at least worth sampling. Enjoyable scent. Spotty longevity. Pricey bottle.

takeitupthenose

Creed Royal Oud.....my love! This has been my favorite fragrance for 2 years strong now. It is my most complimented, the fragrance I turn to when I want to exude confidence without being aggressive (see Aventus LOL), my suit and tie scent, and finally a scent that sort of defines me.

Aventus is more attention grabbing, it sort of says I am here....Royal Oud is sort of like the humble king.

I own a bunch of oud fragrances and I don't know about the special agarwood that Creed supposedly used (nor do I care what kind of his-story Creed cooks up to make them seem more special)but this would be the smoothest of all Ouds I own.

This is a spicy woody with a slight tinge of a citrus/fruitiness. Hard to explain the citrus part. I would swear that there is the most beautiful vetiver accord. Maybe the citrus is like a grapefruit of sorts but just a quick squeeze of it. Sort of produces a tangy accord.

The woods and spices are so natural that is almost surprises the nose. What is funny about this fragrance is that encompasses a lot of other fragrances with a similar note breakdown but does it infinitely better. It is sort of like watching an All American in College vs A pro bowler in the NFL. They play the game a different speeds and with different understandings.

This is Royal Oud to me. It actually smells regal, complete, full yet transparent. It doesn't dominate the wearer it allows the wearers skin to work in unison and create a very unique smell. What I mean is this is truly unisex and I believe your PH, weather and other things will work together and create a unique smell.

The longevity is great but I also spray my clothing and this stuff doesn't leave fabric. The projection is also very well for the first 3-4 hours and after that though you may not smell it others will compliment you throughout the day.

The scent is perfect, it just smells good. No real notes to grab for just a wonderful fragrance and aroma that is generically spicy, woody, deep and transparent.

Easy 5/5 from me and please find this at online discounters. I love this but would not pay retail for this fragrance (330 for 75ml is ridiculous).

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Take Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and strip away the vanilla and tobacco until you are left with the spice and that's what we have here. I actually quite like it. It's been on my hand an hour and I have to get close to find it unfortunately.

GMK
GMK

I really did not expect that , I tried Royal Oud with an expectation to dislike or merely like it as we usually do saying oh its nice ..and thats it, but its absolutely Royal not sure about Oud ( may be you get that)
Fabulous quality and shockingly elegant , rather 'elegance in a bottle', I dont know what it is in the dry down but i get very refined sandalwood blended with musk or something else with creed signature note but whatever it is, its awesome.

Sophisticated and high quality stuff for a classy gentleman.

Michael1962

When I first smelled Royal Oud nigh on a year ago I was quite indifferent to it and didn't think that it warranted the hype and the Creed pricetage.
However over time I have had time to really analyse the notes and appreciate how they all fall into place.
I really like how Creed have incorporated oud as a subtle note which allows the other notes to dominate but nevertheless the oud gives backbone and balance.
Initially I'm hit with a dusty yet fresh bergamot and citrus blast but because of the oud prevents it falling into the category of a light and shortlived aquatic frag.
A light sprinkling of pink pepper adds warmth and creates layers and depth unlike the full on pepper onslaught of Marc Jacobs Bang! Bang!
It is slightly spicy but well restrained and classy.
As the frag enters drydown the sweet sandalwood makes an appearance accompanied by the fresh woody cedar.
This is indeed the most multi layered Creed I have ever had the pleasure of sampling and finally owning.
Unlike other Creeds ambergris does not support the juice and I feel this separates Royal Oud from others in the Creed stable.
As others have noted,if you are looking for a full on and medicinal oud look elsewhere.If you seek a more subdued and layered oud,Creeds Royal Oud is definitely worth a try.
What Royal Oud conveys and brings to the fragrance table is a high quality,luxurious,well composed and classy scent with a different take of this precious resinous commodity.

williamvargas
williamvargas

I love this creed, I have for a while now. just have not commented on it, after trying some other oud fragrances I think in this particular fragrance the oud is used to maybe bring forward other notes that make this such an intriguing fragrance. it is sweet , aromatic with some woods. this to me is a complex scent in its own. I have tried some other top oud fragrances which seem to be mostly a wood smell with some variances but a lot of them are similar or at least the top ones that I have compared smelled more similar than different with agarwood or oud being the star of the show. I am glad this is more than that. the oud maybe influencing rather than a strong oud being in your face and then other notes behind it. I am glad that they found their own way of presenting , perhaps they should call it by another name? is oud misleading as the name? or perhaps I understand how and why it is used in fragrance by their example. I am sure creed just did not throw this together, I am not a huge fan of a strong oud fragrance, I enjoy some that I have tested but it is not the reason I test them. I think creed wanted to present us just this. to me just test it and decide whether you like it as a fragrance?. all I know is I do. two thumbs up. a very classy fragrance in my view. I wish it was not so expensive though. it is elegant and it would smell wonderful on anyone who chose to wear it, I think it would work well in many situations. I think of more of the type of feeling I get with invasion barbare than say tom ford oud.. just such a different feel to it, really a refreshing scent for a gentleman. and a sexy woman too ,lol..

if you have not tested this yet, you really should, it has gotten me many compliments. longevity is ok with me, not huge but good enough. it truly is
one of those scents that if you would like to say something about yourself to others, wear this and you will be remembered.

andregooren
andregooren

I don't think it's out of line to suggest that those expecting a conventional oud-based fragrance will be disappointed by Creed's Royal-Oud Millesime. It does not make use of any of the aroma-chemicals that those in the West have come to associate with oud (the aroma-chemicals first introduced by Yves Saint Laurent's M7 and subsequently popularized by Montale). Instead it is a bone-dry (dusty), woody-pink peppery fragrance that conjures up images of long-forgotten places and hidden treasures. The overall effect is absolutely stunning and quite intoxicating. I am always reminded of the scent of antique books—both the tactile and olfactory sensations of flipping through the desiccated pages of a long-lost tome; there is truly something synesthetic about this fragrance. I do not hold Creed in high regard and continue to be put off by their fabricated mythology and their inflated pricing structure (among many other things) but I am willing to give kudos when they are due. An excellent fragrance.

4.0/5.0

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

although it has been classified as unisex fragrance i don't find this one suitable for women..

It has a slightly vintage/classic feel to it but certainly not of the type which may get it considered as an outdated fragrance.I am 20 yrs old and I love wearing it since it makes me feel confident and classy.

A true gentlemen's fragrance

(2 marks less because of below average longevity and sillage)

rod7elfo

i propose a name change:

GOOD MOOD WOOD

Is the fragance i wan´t my daughters remember like the scent of his father

Ralphje1977
Ralphje1977

Smells very good. Longevity is also great for a creed fragrance. Smells like a quality barbershop. And that is not bad :-)

kambelz
kambelz

If you're looking for a strong oud, this isn't it. A much fresher take on oud. A very fresh spicy scent, but again, not from the oud. Definitely a pink pepper bomb in my opinion, which I love.

Laurdess
Laurdess

I am not sure if I am missing the entire thing, I hate the opening... the dry down the price. The only thing I liked was when I washed it off of me. I thought it had a dirty hippie smell to it. I am a HUGE fan of the creed house, just NOT this one.

Caist
Caist

What a cool fragrance, honestly I think this one really does take it's own form on everyone. It dries as if you left all of the raw notes out to dry, literally. Not like it shrivels or anything, but it's a true organic fragrance.

Alas, it went "Reese Cup wrapper (after the gold foil)" esc on me until about 4-5 hours later it was pretty nice. Wish it went there in the beginning but my chemistry must not agree with something in it. Yes it's pricey but, if you've smelled plenty of Oud's I'd say this is by far one of the more congenial Ouds on the market. Unique for sure, and a damn good longevity ; ) Really fun to mix with too. (Creed frowns upon blending their fragrances, but like I'd listen to that nonsense)

Royal Oud topped off with:

Kilian Back to Black
Jo Malone French Lime Blossom
Creed Virgin Island Water
Bond No.9 Brooklyn (takes the sweetness down)

Petrichor

I think it's fascinating how many people care more about the name than they care about how the stuff smells. Creed could call this Squirrel Dung and I'd still wear it. I mean, really folks. "OMG! It doesn't smell like what I expect oud to smell like." Does that matter if the smell is great?

Ignore the name. Smell it and see what you think. Pretend its real name is Untitled if that makes it easier for you to judge with an open mind.

Here's what I get from Royal Oud: Yes, I smell oud, but it isn't a barnyard oud. I assume most of us know how oud can get kind of rank, but in a weirdly pleasing way. Well, this isn't that kind of oud, and though it's the base of the overall concoction, it's blended in a way that it grounds the scent rather than dominating it. Creed could have just as easily named this one Royal Spice.

A word of warning: there's a burnt opening to Royal Oud, and that may put some people off. I like it, but I don't know how much I'd like it if it lasted too long. Luckily, the burnt opening doesn't last, as it quickly evolves into a rich spicy scent that almost makes you expect to find amber in there, but there isn't any. As always, your best bet is to sample first, even if that means you have to buy a sample online.

Royal Oud is strong, but it isn't thick. In fact, it's quite dry. The burnt opening can be a bit challenging, but after that, it settles into a regal scent that's easy to wear and, at least for me, easy to enjoy. And it lasts a long time. I easily get over 12 hours from 2 sprays, but that may sound misleading if you've never owned a Creed bottle. Creed sprayers are crazy powerful. 2 Creed sprays is more like 4 or 5 from most other bottles (and their sprayers make that great "FSSHHHHHH!!!!!" sound. Crazy strong sprayers).

If you're age 30 and up, or surprisingly mature for your age, you'll find this one to be amazingly versatile. Wear it to work, wear it on a date. Just make sure you don't wear it around anyone you owe money because the stuff smells rich. Very rich.

I was kind of turned off of Creed due to the fanboys, but Royal Oud is the scent that made me look past that and realize Creed really does make some extraordinary perfume, and I won't hesitate to sample more of their work.

For me, Royal Oud is without a doubt a work of art. But it isn't art for art's sake. This is wearable art. And I love it.

nyalta77
nyalta77

Disappointing to see that this fragrance does not deserve it's title :/ Expected better from Creed and for the Price...My hunt for an edgey, well priced oud continues...

Buysblind
Buysblind

That's not Oud you're smelling...

That spicy, prickly sweet aroma that sits on top of Royal Oud is angelica, and probably a little pink pepper. There's almost no oud in this fragrance at all, and I don't care either, because it smells great. It's a spicy woody fragrance, with a slightly sweet, musky cedar/sandalwood base. The top smells fresh and crisp and the drydown brings a little warmth to the composition.

Royal Oud is a solid offering from Creed. There's nothing too complicated about it. It's easy to wear, and when you put it on you'll smell clean, professional, and classy. It's also about as versatile as you can get--appropriate for the office, a night out, or even an important meeting. This is a year round fragrance in the sense that you can wear it as comfortably in the winter as you can in spring. One of the reasons I enjoy Royal Oud so much is that it's a no brainer--I can wear it with the knowledge that I'll enjoy smelling it throughout the day as will the people around me. This has become a staple in my wardrobe and one I plan to keep around for a long time.

Longevity is around 8 hours with good projection for 4 to 6.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

They say they wanted to evoke the marble, wood and leather facets of the Persian palace?

They left out the carpet. Yes, that's right, something about this smells rather plush and fuzzy to me. Perhaps it's the pepper and sandalwood combo which gives it that texture, but ultimately when I smell it I think of having my nose buried in an expensive velvety carpet that was just shampooed with synthetic oud.

It's nice and lush. But the oud accord has an almost varnished quality, that certainly won't impress oud lovers.

henri345que
henri345que

Royal indeed, but where is the oud? On me, i call this fragrance an Oud Fantasy, because i don't get any oud on it, and i refer to the synthetic molecule, since i know that very few brands use real oud in their fragrances, because it's expensive and because this could be a headache in the continuity of fragrance (finding the same quality of oud that doesn't alter the overall balance of the scent). It's not a bad scent, it has a pleasant bitter and refreshing bergamot, an exact good amount of grassy galbanum and sweet sandalwood base. But where is the oud? Maybe they are using some molecule that i'm anosmic to it.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

I have no idea what Oud is but, this isn't half bad. They've captured the exact essence of pine straw. I get flash backs of being a kid, rolling around in pine straw and leaves. Not sure if I want to smell like outside; literally.

eastcoastguy128

Delightful woodsy fragrance with a hint of citrus. I found it the longest lasting of the modern Creeds, but sillage depends on individual body chemistry. It has its own signature and I admire the classy feel it exudes.

liverpoolism
liverpoolism

After wearing, testing & analyzing more than 60 oud perfumes I think I have the right to say that ROYAL OUD
must be called as ROYAL spice!
Very expensive and made of 'cheap materials'. The longevity on my skin---> less than 4 hours + low projection. Save your money and go for better/much cheaper
oud perfumes,e.g. (Ferrari + Versace ON + M7 OA + Mancera IBO + Montale BO).

KevKadyrov
KevKadyrov

Royal Oud is the best cologne from this great Perfumer. Coming from an arab royal family, i know what oud should be and a lot of us wear it till it's nauseating. But Royal Oud is different, it oozes that ingredient by just hitting the right notes and exciting your buds without upsetting it.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

WOOD-BE GENTLEMAN

A beautifully blended and refined fragrance that calls just enough attention to itself.

Gentle wood notes predominate, with nice support from musk and the other listed ingredients.

This smooth, rich, warm fragrance dances off the skin - it offers a zesty opening that continues to sparkle throughout its 12 hour presence.

A must try for any gentle-man not looking to set the world on fire.

Redbeard
Redbeard

First of all, I agree that this is not an oud scent for people who are serious about oud, but I've worn it a few times and been very impressed. I think this is what I wanted its immediate predecessor Spice and Wood to smell like (as opposed to smelling like nothing). The very top notes bring me a clean, zesty citrus over a backdrop of rich, warm woods and spices. The contrast is intriguing...the citrus is largely orange but it's light, rather than the ungraceful candied oranges of Habit Rouge or Nicolai New York. The wood is very rich but also not heavy, in fact surprisingly translucent. The spice combination almost reminds me of Santos, though this stuff is much sweeter, with the exotic edge brought by the moderate amount of oud they've used. For me, the oud comes out when I test it on paper, but not on skin or cloth, and mostly during the mid notes. I recognize it from M7, but it's not as oppressive here (sorry, I'm not into oud per se). By the base, there's just enough smoke to keep things mysterious without becoming too overpowering, and just enough of the lighter, Zino-like creamy blond woods to smooth things out. I'm starting to consider this as a substitute for Bois du Portugal, which never quite "did it" for me like I hoped it would. Granted, BdP has the interesting floral counterpoint from all that jasmine (or whatever it is), but it's just a bit too up-front with the old money vibe. Royal Oud is the type of scent that I was hoping Creed would finally step up and produce again: a strong but balanced, dark and complex masculine oriental that I would actually buy.

Here's a re-review for me and I'm just going to comment briefly on how refreshing and bright the citrus is in the top of this fragrance, it really is gorgeous and long lasting.
This fragrance should not be compared with other Oud's because although the oud is present, it's not what makes this scent great that dries down beautifully.
For me it's a fresh, woody fragrance that is not a priority for the collection as it's so expensive but I'm sure I'll get it one day.

Diaboromon95
Diaboromon95

Really classy and fascinating. A deep and luxury fragrance. One of my favourite scent...

jamwires
jamwires

Don't let the name fool you or put you off - this is not really an oud fragrance.

With that said, Royal Oud is absolutely stunning. Don't get caught up in marketing or BS, it's what's inside the bottle that counts. And as far as that goes, Royal Oud delivers. Woody, slightly spicy, refined and sophisticated, yet - wearable in many situations. The quality is evident from top to base. High marks.

Longevity - 6-8 hours
Sillage - Moderate

This fragrance isn't meant to shout. It exudes confidence and sophistication. Could easily be a signature scent for a man that's a cut above the rest.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

I expected more about it.
I only recognize wood and pepper... :(

Not bad but a bit too simple, one-track.

Longevity is really bad on my skin.

Wearable on both- women and men.

drakecito
drakecito

I don't understand the fame of this.
This is a very light citrus fragance with a touch of Oud.
Too light, boring and coward. A bit generic but made with quality ingredients.
Finally, Creed is not my favourite house...
Last a few hours (3-4 max.) and sillage is low.
Tooo, tooo overpriced (like all Creeds).

scent: 6/10
longevity: 5/10
sillage: 4/10

sharmap14
sharmap14

this is the real deal..i've tried montale oud frags and that's pure garbage compared to this

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Wow, sampled this today in Neiman's. RO smells terrific! Yes this is on my gotta have list.

rprovenz
rprovenz

An incredibly sexy fragrance.

nadiene.ayesha
nadiene.ayesha

I have smelt this on someone only once before and I have to say it is another level. Highly recommend really unique smell.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I bought this because I wanted to own some kind of oud fragrance. This one is really good! I would wear it, although I'm a woman, but I would love to smell it on a man! It has an aftershave feel without smelling like something everyone wear. The cedar in this is incredible: a little smoky, pin-y and fresh. I'm not good at describing male fragrances, I would just like to say to the men: please find a sample and test it out - a lot of women will love the way you smell! :)

meugie
meugie

I really wanted a scent of oud in my collection and did of Creed Royal Oud my first purchase in that area. Blind buying, indeed.
Although my goal has not been reached, I think I did very good acquisition. The perfume is unique and really good.
Later I bought another perfume whose focus was the oud (Le Labo Oud 27) and could reach the conclusions that report now.
The heart of this perfume is definitely not the oud.
The note comes to me almost like the smell that I feel in my hair when I use moroccanoil, very slight.
The openingt is citrus, but evanesce very fast and the sandalwood appears fast. After comes the oud, but not at its most obvious way, it is more resinous and incensed, with touches of cedar. And this is the way it remains throughout the drydown.
On my skin, the floral notes are obscured, but still noticeable.
I'll take my chances with terms that I don’t dominate: is a fougére oriental fragrance, above average, that makes me feel more Sherazade than others of the same type.
The indication is for shared usage, and I fully agree. But the air of sophistication will be more flattering for the masculine use.
Moderate Sillage and long lasting.
Perfect.

Sunflower77
Sunflower77

Royal Oud is unique and exotic. You won't find a dozen similar scents on any cosmetic counter. It is very strong, especially when you first put it on. It mellows down after 20 minutes and becomes more pleasant. It reminds me of a type of south eastern Asian herbal medicine. With the absence of a memory of Asian medicine, my husband loves it a lot.

The projection and longevity are both impressive, like Aventus. Unfortunately, a lot of Creed fragrances have poor longevity and projection. I am not sure whether this is due to the fact Creed uses less synthetic materials. But Aventus and Royal Oud are two exceptions. They are both strong and last very long.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

I. Love. This. I stumbled upon this fragrance by accident; I was out prowling for a new scent and while I was visiting with the Jo Malone rep., my husband was "accosted" by the Creed rep.! Then we switched and I started looking at the Creed fragrances, and was intrigued by Royal Oud and sprayed it on my wrist. Wow. I have never smelled anything like this before, ever. I understand that it is Creed's interpretation of an oud fragrance, and I was curious to learn about oud as it seems to be one of the "hot" things in fragrance-land, currently. As Butterbean advises, you must test this on yourself first. It was quite strong but then after around 15 minutes it softened, and it lingered with me for the rest of the day. I can't even describe what it smells like, but I can give you a picture that came to mind, as I repeatedly sniffed my wrist, and that was of a beautiful 17th century royal courtesan dabbing some of her lover's (the king, of course) oud perfume between her cleavage, and then languidly strolling through the palace with an enigmatic smile on her face. This fragrance is extremely well made and must be treated with great respect, and I use it sparingly. I want to thank em.caroline.9 for the tip about layering this with Jo Malone's Wild Bluebell; I tried that combination too and it took both fragrances into another dimension. I love Royal Oud; I'm thrilled that I could actually wear something like this. The price was "ouch" ($345) so I will make this bottle last a loooong time! My only complaint is that for $345, the atomizer should have been better incorporated into the bottle's design and function; it looks and feels like it was hurriedly clamped on, and the cap has a loose fit. Other than that, magnificent.

butterbean
butterbean

This MUST be tested on skin! Trust me on this.

I am female, and I LOVE this perfume - on me! (edit: so do a few random people who have complemented me)

Royal Oud - first spray is all the notes, jumping out at you in one olfactory wallop! - its a hit of citrusy, cedar, piney woody, smokey, green, earthy plus the carrier alcohol.

It comes off a bit much...wait for it...wait for it...10 min later it settles....a lovely, rich, woodiness that smells sexy and money!

I love the woodiness of it, the oud stands out, with cedar right behind it, a touch of pink berry still present. There is a sweet earthiness to it that I just LOVE. It is super sexy! As it dries down it gets even better. Oud is even more pronounced without being an overbearing like some ouds can be. The wood notes stay with you and the musk is ever present, it's very sexy.

HOURS (12+) later you smell this sweet dry woody musky scent that is still GORGEOUS!

I think I HAVE to own a full bottle. I am telling you ladies - this is definitely something for women! Again - MUST TEST ON SKIN!

the one draw back is cost.

Awesome fragrance!
A very classy, gorgeously woody, musky, heady Oud scent.
For me I couldn't justify the purchase as I wouldn't wear it often enough.
I can't claim to be an authority or anything but you can't go far wrong with Creed I'm so impressed with their range on the whole.

merzeng
merzeng

یک عطر چوبی و عودی که من شیفته اون شدم. رایحه چوب و عود در اون خیلی قوی نیست و یک کار نسبتا ملایم هست و منم از همینش خوشم میاد. چون نظرات بقیه کاربران و مصرف کنندگان در مورد این عطر یکسان نبود ترجیح دادم اول سمپل عطر رو بخرم و بعد دیدم که لازمه این رو به کلکسیونم اضافه کنم. در صورت نیاز به یک عطر چوبی قوی تر از باند شماره 9 بروکلین استفاده میکنم و اگر خیلی قوی تر بخوام از لالیک مشکی :) ولی کلا این عطر لطیف تر با روحیه من بیشتر سازگاره.

zbansingh
zbansingh

This is my favourite Creed scent.
Way better than Green Irish Tweed.
I was lucky to get it half off at Winners (Canada).
This is what royalty and luxury smells like.

em.caroline.9
em.caroline.9

completely agree with spectrum83. great fragrance, goes on a bit brash but settles into a warm musky smell after a few minutes. i find this layers fantastically with givenchy play for her and jo malone wild bluebell. its perfectly fine on its own though. very regal.

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

Perfection in a bottle! Very sophisticated, "chilled" down oud with quality ingredients. Not owerwhelming, easy to wear fragrance, that will surprise people. The whole composition plays together smoothly, no drama here like in Montale fragrances. This is the best oud release for me from the recent years and the one I could imagine even to wear everyday. Like with all the Creed fragrances, the execution is perfect here as well. Slightly linear, but as it is a very versatile and enjoyable scent I do believe it worths the investment!

SDVHC
SDVHC

Much more indicated for a woman that for man... delicate, refined...

Not for me.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

The scent reminds of a brand new luxurious leather seated car! WOW! Warm

smooth and exciting ;)

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Royal Oud is the 'Creme de la Creme' from the Creed house, incredibly elegant, sophisticated and next to the likes of Guerlain's Habit Rouge EDP it is one of the most noble and classy scents in my collection. I think the 'Royal' title is fitting as this is simply put- 'a cut above the rest', a special, luxurious, woody, sensual and musky scent. The flacon itself is understated, rich and mature with a simplistic black and gold design; stunning in presentation and fitting to the juice itself, fit for any gentleman aficionado's dresser. The scent is dark and woody with a subtle yet profound blend of sandalwood, cedar and Indian oud. It is exotic, yet fresh and clean with magnificent citrus and pepper notes. A beautiful composition. Truly, truly beautiful in every sense... It lasts a long time on my skin and I find it to be suited to a warm climate, it never gets cloying and body heat prolongs the scent and it's projection on my skin. This is Opium for modern times, seductive, smoky, sensual, intoxicating and addictive. I love this scent. Thankyou Olivier Creed for this modern, stunning masterpiece!

rowan.walters
rowan.walters

J'adore!
I love Royal Oud, and it was my baptism in Oud fragrances. Masculine, mysterious, sexy, with a hint of the sacred.
When I first tried it, I was living in Japan, where Jinkgo (aloeswood/agarwood) is revered as sacred, dedicated primarily for use in incense, with the highest quality woods .
I fell madly in love with Kyara - the highest quality wood once reserved for the exclusive use of the Emperor - which has a very distinctive fragrance.
A friend from the Islamic world had enlightened me to the use of oud wood chips in Arab style incense and perfumery, and thus began my ongoing quest for the ultimate oud fragrance.
In Creed's Royal Oud, I do believe that I have found it - or at least the epitome of Arab-style oud. Once upon a time, Oud was relatively uncommon - at least uncommon enough for few people to be able to identify it, while this fragrance exuded mystery and elicited curiosity.
Nowadays however, it seems that oud is everywhere, and the fragrance has certainly lost its novelty, while retaining some element of mystery.
One concern that I have with regard to the rising popularity of Oud fragrances however, is its unsustainability, that most of the source material is harvested illegally, while the wood from "sustainable" plantations tends to be grossly inferior in quality, and the trade itself is monopolized by organised crime.
The eco-crisis facing Oud is far more serious than that facing Mysore Sandalwood.
Nevertheless, Creed's Royal Oud is quite simply a masterpiece, a classic and timeless fragrance, although for me its longevity could be better.
Enjoy it while you can.

bossontherun
bossontherun

Freaking piece of Art I have here! From the bottle to the juice inside! Thanks Creed!

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Sweet and Powdery . Reminds me of Parfums De Nicolai Patchouli Intense in some way. Decent projection but only 3/4hr tops longevity.

The way the atomizer was sealed to the bottle gave me the creeps. I've seen perishable items at the supermarket packed better.

Increase in Creed prices brings this at roughly $350 with tax for a 4.0oz bottle.

Laughable.

By the way where is the Oud ?

Michael1962

nice smokey Oud scent and smells opulent but I prefer the smoother and less harsh Leather Oud by Dior

eastcoastguy128

Very luxurious, classy, sophisticated scent, with a spicy high note. It keeps one intrigued trying to decipher it. The first time I tried it, I thought it was too powerful, but now I think it's just perfect.

b360
b360

one of my new favorites for sure....now has me on a creed kick as i have gotten my hands on quite a few different fragrences from the world famous house in the last few weeks......wood.....lotsa wood and some oud but also naim in here as well last long and lives strong.....1 out of 5 people dont really get it but for the other 80% of the noses i encounter this is amazing amazing amzing!....cant say it enough as i sit here smellin this on my wrist.....9/10

Petrichor

Royal Oud needs to be smelled with an open mind. I mean, really, let's be honest here. It isn't 'royal' and it isn't dominated by oud. In fact, if Creed hadn't named it Royal Oud, most people probably wouldn't realize there's oud in here. None of that matters to me. Why? Because Royal Oud smells fantastic.

I like the opening. Like, not love. It's spicy and woody with an almost pine smell. I like it, but as it evolves, I love it more and more. The spices fade, the sweetness emerges, and the scent just gets better and better. I don't get much projection, but there's lots of sillage, and that combination makes for a great choice for work. This stuff isn't for kids, but it isn't old & stodgy either. It's serious and somewhat mysterious, but it isn't brooding. It's dark without being heavy. I'm really impressed!

I totally recommend Royal Oud, but only if you have an open mind. If you're in search of an amazing oud, this isn't it. If you're in search of a surprisingly versatile scent that's woody and spicy with sweetness lurking beneath, well... this is the one.

Ignore the name.
Smell the scent.
Enjoy!

parLAnuit
parLAnuit

Excellent! - truly

that being said, - Creed Royal Oud is yes.....A citrusyy type of fragrance, meaning FRESH. calm spicy very smooth spice especially dry down. there is definately oud that's, as a whole compound,FUSED very well with each other "note" especially angelica making Royal Oud a thing of smooth layered beauty-

During a visit to Dubai, well, i'll say this...the unique influence is present in Creed Royal oud, Royal Oud is not the most unique of scents-. Royal Oud .follows an impression of oud based fragrances common to mid east- though it follows the impression, Royal oud is a standard on it's own.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Of all the oud scents I have encountered (which seem to be becoming quite ubiquitous nowadays) this one is hands down my favorite. There is a cinnamon and tobacco quality to it, though neither are listed ingredients. I believe this may be in part due to the inclusion of pink pepper and angelic root. Instead of being overwhelmingly "oud", this cologne has a beautiful subtleness which is much appreciated. (8)

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Royal Oud is unique in my opinion.
It is different from other perfumes Oud, the focus is more on sandalwood and cedar, it manages to be creamy and resinous, somewhat spicy hot, has a touch of incense, smoky, and appears with the touch of oud.
I believe it is discreet and has that slightly medicinal aroma, is well established without a doubt.

teilani
teilani

Yet another of my collection of Creed samplers and arguably my favourite yet.

I know nothing of oud. I will take others expertise that this may not be best called an oud scent.

What I will say, though, is that this is the best replication of the smells of a traditional Finnish family sauna I've come across yet. Between the cedar (used in the steam room) and birch (for the vasta) this scent calms me down on first sniff. I only applied it about an hour ago and am happy to see how it progresses, but wow - a sauna scent.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This to me smells like danger. It's extremely woody. For the mature man definitively. Initial spray I catch the oud, some woods, and a bit of powder. It lasts a long time. Stays close to the skin. It transforms on your skin, the dry down is sweet and not as powerful as the initial spray. Great if blended with another perfume maybe a lime perfume or something sweet. Not my favorite Creed though. Try it.

RichinTx
RichinTx

Perfection.

cohibadad
cohibadad

This is to die for. Perfect for a man or woman. It is spicy, sensual, invigorating and aphrodisiacal. It transports me to a Arabian tent in the desert with a plush carpet over the sands, pillows strewn about and the air filled with this scent. It is so perfectly delicious it almost convinces me that it is edible. Is it like oud? Maybe in some ways although I have never smelled an oud like this. Perhaps it has the sensuousness of an oud, intertwined with other exotic fragrances to heighten the experience. Nevertheless, it is a dream fragrance in every sense of the word.

darkside

وفيه من رائحة البهارات اكثر من العود
لا احبذ استخدامه في فصل الصيف ابدا

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

Something entirely new for me, there's nothing that quite resemble Royal Oud - not even another oud fragrance, its an entirely different fragrance that nothing comes close; it's odd and unique - reminds me when I first encounter Green Valley - one of a kind. Eventhough I don't like Royal Oud for much, it's still unique nonetheless. It's similar to Green Valley in several aspects, both are unique, a bit gritty - in Royal Oud its almost dusty and featuring transition and blooms beautifully.

Royal Oud itself is a birch fragrance, combined with cedar and sandalwood - and an oud as a flavour added, almost only as a side notes that leaves me with thought, 'The oud is only secondary, and they named it as such?' to make the matter worse, Cambodian oud do smell like this, soft and sweet but doesn't really stand out - actually rather clean; you can have the similar kind of oud in Lalique Hommage a l'Homme and Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud. The problem is, combined with Creed's formula, this oud seemed to overshadowed by the spiciness of pepper and woods, left it stranded while the spices and woods reign.

Royal Oud is undoubtly elegant fragrance that speaks about high quality materials and a unique composition, very versatile and makes a clear statement of a elegance and an acquired taste. Worth a try? surely Yes. worth a full bottle? Yes

Just to add something, recently I bought a bottle of Le Labo Vetiver, and they share some similarities

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

I am an oud lover, but this isn't really an oud fragrance. It contains the variety of oud that smells like dry saw-dust. I love that note, and it is present in other frags like Kilian Pure Oud, and Ramon Monegal Dry Wood. That is why many people say this contains no oud...they are thinking of the more earthy oud. Anyway, it opens with a very sharp green note that I don't like much, but that quickly disappears and a musky dry oud replaces it. The longevity is great...BUT the projection is fair-to-poor so it doesn't seem to last. If I put my nose on my chest 12 hours later it is still there, but I can't smell it wafting up from my chest even 2hrs later.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
عطر بسیار خوشبو و جذابی است
خصوصا برای کسانی که از روایح گرم و وودی لذت میبرند و یا به طور کل از روایح وودی اسپایسی خوششان می آید کار مناسبی است
دارندگان ادکلنهای :
با تقدیم احترام
مهرداد

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

A dream perfume from the pages of the Arabian Nights, Royal Oud is a scent which dazzles all the senses with its evocation of the rosy Persian dawn. Creed’s new masterpiece is ambiguous and mysterious; earthy, exotic and sensual in turn, enhanced by base notes of legendary, costly oil of oud.

Using ingredients which have been prized in the East for thousands of years, Royal Oud celebrates the glamour, spirituality and eroticism of oriental perfumery: spicy fresh top notes of lemon, pink pepper and bergamot entice into a dark deep heart of angelica, bitter green galbanum and Lebanese cedar.

At the base, revel in the beguiling warmth of sandalwood and musk. Finally, surrender to the bewitching, sultry enigma of oud which complements the galbanum, and graces this unique fragrance with Creed’s legendary tenacity.

Scent: Fresh

Family: Fougère modern perfume

Top Notes: Lemon, Pink Pepper, Bergamot (adds sharpeness to top notes)

Heart Notes: Angelica, Bitter Green Galbanum, Lebanese Cedar

Base Notes: Oud, Sandalwood, Musk

Unique, expensive smelling eau de parfum.
Definitely yes! x

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Mmmmm. The first Creed I've smelled where I've thought *YES.* I can see why oud gets so much praise and attention in the perfume world. This is a lovely, wonderful smell.

$325/bottle at Nordstrom. Ouch. I'm not going to maintain that it's worth that - but it certainly smells rich and luxurious.

Upon a first spray my wife was reminded strongly of the ashtrays in her grandmother's house and recoiled dramatically. But she likes the base note. I note no ashtray top notes.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

I'm really enjoying this one. I've tried several other ouds but I don't consider myself an expert. My nose tells me that there's not a lot of oud here, but it smells terrific nonetheless. A great blend of woods and spices. Although listed as unisex, this is definately more on the masculine side. Sillage and longetivity are typical to other Creed's - good but not great.

Due to the steep price, I'm going to have to sample some of the scents that other reviewers have compared this to.

miguellrr
miguellrr

This has been my favorite for a long time, Its something that I just can't get enough of. Its so sophisticated and smoky. There's a lot going on with this fragrance, very luxurious and strong. I mostly see a man wearing this but it can be worn by women too. To me this is the perfect scent...so far

rzetzm
rzetzm

What a marvelous little manly perfume here: Creed Royal Oud. Having read many pages of reviews, I finally got the opportunity to sample some of this stuff from the Creed counter.

Being more of a Bond guy, I haven't so much jumped on the Creed bandwagon. Perhaps that Creed's men's line is just that... men's - and not unisex, has had me cautiously veer clear of this line. I've just never been a big fan of the men's-specific scent. That smells like scents for the more, ahem, mature men out there (euphemism alert: code for old man) in terms of the soapy/chypre and peppery aquatics can be boring to me. Its rare that my perfume is gender-specific.

Silliness and ranting aside, I have had bad experiences and wonderful experiences with Oud. It is very love it or hate, hate, hate it! for me. For instance, my first trial with Oud was a very inexpensive, great-smelling cheap cologne that I kept in my gym bag through college - Barber Cologne Elixir Black C.O.Bigelow for men. Simple, woody, vanilla-y, and had some sort of mature angle going for it. I liked it. I guess that was the Oud.

Enter Bond No. 9, it's Signature Scent. OUD LIKE A SCREAMING BANSHEE!!!!!!!! Oh my. My, my, my. Disgusting to my nose.

Then, to keep the roller-coaster ride exciting, I found Manhattan, the love of my (winter) life. I can't even begin to explain my love for that - go look at my multiple reviews.

Then came New York Oud. Oh. My. God. Not again. So unapologetically awful. To my nose.

So needless to say, when the sales clerk suggested this, I did have a bit of trepidation. One spray only, please. And on the tester first.

Wow! Okay, ever enter a high-quality tobacco shop? One that people aren't allowed to smoke in? That's the key here, it is finely layered, smoky, rich, fabulous fresh tobacco. So much love. I smell honeyed-vanilla too, with some sort of citrus that doesn't smell like lemon but can't be orange or lime either...

Definitely ceder/pine/peppery...though really nothing is as distinct as the tobacco scent. For me, it's like "Oh wow, this smells just like my paw-paw's old tobacco stash." Memories! The oud is very much in the background, very light, hardly there, just a feather touch gently on your shoulder saying 'Hey, remember me? Why you gotta hate?'

So Royal Oud, I embrace you, and probably am going to have to buy. Just smells so damn good on a man. Plus it's unisex, so it goes both ways. I own GH II and I see the similarity. It's a bit different, but the tobacco note makes them close.

Weihan
Weihan

Creed's Royal Oud is a masterpiece - subtle and sophisticated; enticing, yet aloof; urbane, but simultaneously accessible. This is a marvelous fragrance worth every penny of its cost. Simply gorgeous stuff!

Shanester66
Shanester66

This is some fine smelling juice IMO. I agree that the oud is a stretch but who cares...its smells wonderful to me...classy and rich! 4/5

kleblanc863
kleblanc863

Reminds me of the smell of brewing coffee mixed with woods and spice.
Very well crafted fragrance.

flkirkland
flkirkland

Very nice, gentlemanly, classy oud scent. Not near the smoke or dark wood you'd get from M7, but a little more subtle. The citrus - the notes say lemon, I picked up some lime - cuts through and keeps the oud fresh, green and clean and not overwhelming. I enjoy the sandalwood hanging out down there and keeping the oud company. Definitely a wonderful our scent.

uxmanali
uxmanali

Beautifully done, an amazing oud fragrance. I have never seen oud so well blended.

cedlong
cedlong

On application I smell patchouli, oud and a wood resin. Is it cedar? Pine? I'm not sure. There is a definite incense note here, too. The elements fuse seamlessly to create a warm, rounded fragrance that's not sweet but nowhere near bitter. This is not a woodsmoke smell. It does possess a slightly antispetic quality. It's a deep, sophisticated bouquet where the individual elements create something more substantial than the sum of them alone.

malik2011
malik2011

I have tried out a lot of oud-oriented fragrance but all in vain cause the note of oud always obtrusive and cloying however, this one really amazes me and i grow liking it very much.

what i can smell is so deep and burned smell of all notes to gather and deep incense smell and highly elegant one, dry down is something heavenly really i can sense deeply the highness of such fragrance and also there is hints of elegant honey lingering in the back ground, which really adds up to its elegance.

one of my favs.

SensiW
SensiW

Absolutely delicious scent. It's a unisex scent and truly I can understand why:D I truly like this scent!

aveilhe
aveilhe

A hit of refreshing citrus at the top, then instantly I'm in a humidor in a cigar shop!! I don't get the Oud here at all, but what I do get is a perfect evocation of the tobacco-infused cedarwood of a humidor with a bit of sandalwood to soften the edges.

I am quite fond of the smell of cigar shops, so I love this fragrance and its ability to transport me there.

It is very unisex in my opinion. I wear it myself, but men that smell it out of the bottle sing its praises, as well. My brother even said he would have a trail of women following him if he wore it out (I gave him a sample so he could test it ;).

The cost of this bottle is insane, but so many fragrances are nowadays. I was given a generous sample of this at my local Sak's Fifth Avenue, but when that runs out, I will probably stick to decants.

rafickw

@ sotiriosc who said it was peppery? "First of all"
I said it was much like Gucci P/H II, due to the very piney note I detect with a smokey kind of burned "hashish" "weedy" smell to it, with a subtle resinous oud.

I call'em when I smell'em. Basically.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

First of all there is no pepper in this fragrance. Its pink berry.

Royal oud starts off with bright citrus notes masking the powerful, mysterious woods layered beneath. As it begins to dry down it reveals a dry cedar wood scent which is very natural and well supported by the sweet angelic root and mellowed out with galbanum. Followed by its final accord which is a heavy oud whisked with high quality musk, and to create more depth a little sandalwood. With the lingering sweetness of the oud enhanced from the sweeter top notes since it is a millesime blend.

10/10 can't go wrong. Excellent for intimate encounters as its eternal and mysterious scent can amplify emotional moments.

rafickw

This is very identical to Gucci Pour Homme II but much well blended and higher quality with a note of oud peeping here and there. The reason the oud is not so prominent in this scent is due to the fact that natural oud does not smell as monsterous as your typical resinous ouds that you smell in other fragrances due to the fact that it is natural. I am not a fan of Creed, but this is my only favorite. Wonderful packaging too.

Ιασονας.κωνσταντοπουλος
Ιασονας.κωνσταντοπουλος

looooooove!

matsilversurfer
matsilversurfer

this is my favorite fragrance at the moment. I begun last year knowing creed with aventus, a really great fragrance too. but this is richer and deeper. the top notes remind me l'instant de guerlain (spicy and tea flavour), another supreme perfum. but the base notes open to the mistic depth of oud. pure love!

mrs2241
mrs2241

سبک طراحیش اگر چه از نت عود برخوردار هست اما به شکل سنتی و عرب پسند نیست،شکلی زیبا و اروپایی....این و "مونا دی اوریو-عود" هستن که طراحیشون خَز و عربی نیست....بیشتر از بلک افگانو و کیلیان میخوامش.،پخش بوی بیش از 12 ساعت،خوصوصا وقتی باد سردی در حال وزیدن باشه.... !!...

drofwonders
drofwonders

There's some great news, a downside, and an upside on this fragrance.

First, the great news. This is the BEST Creed, ever. I've been wearing Creed for over 15 years (mostly Green Irish Tweed, plus others), and this is one absolutely mesmerizing and addictive fragrance! Bottom line: BLISS! Technically, it's frest citrus blast at the top, quickly turning into spice (in a chai tea sort of way) and fresh wood-leaves in the middle, and sandalwood-oud mellow (very calming) at the base, and all perfectly blended. Plus, the sum is far, far greater than the parts and cannot really be accurately described. I cannot not grab this and spray it on me. Good for me, a little goes a long way. This is powerful stuff, and it lasts and lasts and lasts and stays on my skin and clothes. T-H-E best cologne I have EVER used! And, it gets over-the-top compliments and cudos wherever I go.

Downside in one word: Price. Creed frags are expensive, BUT . . . the retail on this will keep many from giving it a go. It's waaay too over the top, despite its absolutely amazing quality.

Upside in two words: Online buying. I got mine in the $130-$150 range. That's doable. and well well worth it. Shop around. Just make sure the seller says it's 100% authentic, guaranteed. Fortunately, this frag has not been around long enough to be ripped off and passed off by cheap copies of the real thing. You'll be safe if you double check on authenticity. One tip: You get a sample, but it should come w/a warning. Like a famous potato chip, "Betcha can't eat (spray) just one (time)." Enjoy!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Lemon-laced pink pepper, gently blended with birch (Creed's latest note du jour), marks the opening of Royal Oud. The dryness of the birch balances the fruitiness of the pepper, with black pepper stepping in to compliment this woody spice accord about five minutes after application. Ten minutes after application, and hello oud. But it's faintly integrated, sandwiched between the birch and the same rich sandalwood found in Bois du Portugal. Could be an olfactory illusion, but I swear there's a tiny drop of lavender in there as well. Eventually the drydown reveals cedar, which was always there but gets a touch starker with time, and also clean musk. I don't get any ambergris out of this, but it may have been dosed down from the usual helping to compliment the musk.

This fragrance is spicy, woody, a little medicinal thanks to that dwarf oud note, and just a hair sweeter than I'd like it to be. Still, it's a nice unisex perfume for people who admire BdP but prefer a little less lavender and a lot more pepper. Worth the premium? It's Creed, it's quality, but when it comes to their oriental fragrances, I'm a little short on words for describing where and when they'd really work. I guess going to a formal dinner somewhere in Tangiers might call for Royal Oud. Then again, maybe just a day at the office. Give it a try, don't blind-buy.

hithereimdan
hithereimdan

I get a smokey tart cherry vibe from this. Really like it. Strongly considering a bottle.

111ImNumber1
111ImNumber1

It is absolutely not worth the price at all. I would consider buying it if it was priced at a $100 or so.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Slightly off-putting/abrasive opening in the top notes, however, upon its descent into the dry-down phase it becomes much softer and thus pleasurable to those of a sensitive olfactory disposition. in my humble opinion the flacon design is superior to the fragrance contained therein!

marmalator
marmalator

This is the most elegant of male fragrances. I am completely in love with it despite its flaws, i.e. price (£187 for 75ml), one-size-only bottle, and moderate longevity (albeit compared with Aventus, GIT, etc).

It has a tart, astringent opening that very quickly dries down into a glorious, powerful incense. Very Roman Catholic; smells like Notre Dame after mass. But there is a super-sweet citrus that pervades the entire creation and turns a potentially stuffy perfume into a magnificent regal scent. It reminds me of strolling around Amalfi on a hot summer's evening, the air pungent with baskets of lemons the size of melons. Words fail.

This has the merest hint of those rather heavy middle eastern ouds, and is all the better for it. This is what Rudolph Valentino's bedroom probably smelt like. Sexy, classy, manly, heavenly. Part European, part exotic sheikh.

When the citrus incense eventually fades, you are left with wafts of musky, woody vanilla not entirely dissimilar to Egoiste. Though unlike that classic, I detect nothing floral in this at all, which makes it a supremely masculine creation. I do not think it would work well on women irrespective of what the marketing men might say.

Sublime and sophisticated. So make sure you deserve it.

spartan
spartan

A member asked me to do A review on this so here it is. Opens with A blast of TEA mixed with very strong spice. TEA, TEA, TEA, Woody spice. Royal-NO. OUD-NO. What ever you say Mr. Creed, not OUD to me. Oud in name only, this reminds me of Tom Ford 's, Tobacco Vanille.

I really think that Creed is going after Tobacco Vanille with this, and they are very close in my opinion. However, Tobacco Vanille is much better. NOT one of Creeds better scents, disappointment for me. Dry"s down to A mosey earthy TEA scent, very bland and simple.... CREED???

Scent 6/10

Value 1/10

wchickillo
wchickillo

The one thing that hit me right off the bat with this fragrance is that it is very heavy. Being summer in south Florida this fragrance didn't work out too well on me. With that being said however, Royal Oud is a great fragrance. In the fall/winter months this fragrance would be great by itself. The out/woodsyness of this fragrance is very heavy.

I tried layering this with aventus and it completely changes the complexity of both. Aventus itself is wonderful but adding this makes it heavier amd more woodsy.

Overall 8.5/10

Valleboi_a1a
Valleboi_a1a

is pretty good, smells fresh oud , is kinda similar to oud wood by tom ford but more fresh , love it

Mikegrp
Mikegrp

It is a unique scent..... I think that my senses are having a love hate relationship with it. The initial spray is overpowering and not really pleasant, that will last about 10 minutes. Once it sets in you want to keep sniffing yourself, you will want to keep smelling deeper because you just can't get enough of this. At the same time your nose wants more, almost like something is missing but yet your are catching that missing something in every third sniff. All in all I like the scent, it is nice, but it doesn't do the same thing for me that GIT or Aventus seem to do. I give it a 7 of 10 .

glitterstar181
glitterstar181

When I first tried this, all I got was a huge hit of cardamom, which was very overpowering and unpleasant. However, after waiting a few hours, it did smell amazing on my (female) skin (maybe it's just my skin chemistry). It also smells amazing on my boyfriend (who is stopped several times EVERY time he has gone out with it on). However, if you are looking for a good oud, this isn't it. It's a nice smell, but nothing like oud, which is a bit embarrassing for Creed (given that they pride themselves on high quality ingredients). As a spicy, woody smell it's great. As an oud: what oud?

yacoco
yacoco

good but so strong so woody you should be carefull when you spary it 7.8 out of 10

This is the only perfume that I dislike from Creed house!
I think Creed wanted to follow the “Oud” crowd, but with no experience or proper consecration to Oud lovers taste. Royal Oud does not communicate with me at any level at all. Not Royal nor expensive, just dull, cheep and unpleasant Oud odor. If you want a real Oud deal you should try Armani Privé Oud Royal instead.

guido2663
guido2663

Nice fragrance as their majority but real 'oud' is another matter. I think that what they called oud is just a name. Not easy to find, real oud can be anofferdable!

Kain
Kain

It's a strange fragrance!
There are a few notes in this fragrance and you can smell all of them. all the notes balanced well in this fragrance.
Start with woodsy notes, some spice and some oud at the same time.
Imagine this:
throw a piece of wood in the water and after several hours take it out!
Now add some curry, some pepper and some agarwood powder on that piece of wood and smell it! lol
It's something like that.
After about 15 minutes, the oud become stronger with all the notes in the background.
The oud here isn't very strong and medicinal like M7, epic man our montale black aoud. it's very smooth.
Good projection but averge longevity with this guy.
It's a good fragrance with great quality, but it's not unique to deserve this price!
يه عطر نسبتا خوب با كيفيت ساخت بسيار خوب از كريد
رايحه اوليه اين عطر يه جورايي عجيبه
تصوركنين كه شما يه تيكه چوب رو برميدارين ميندازين توي آب، بعد از چند ساعت اونو درميارين، روي چوب كمي ادويه كاري و كمي فلفل سياه بريزين و كمي هم پودر عود روش بپاشين. حالا چوبُ بو كنين! همچين بويي ميده
بوي نمناك چوب، ادويه و فلفل و كمي هم عود
بعد از گذشت حدود 15 دقيقه بوي عود قويتر ميشه به همراه رايحه هاي ديگه كه هنوزم وجود دارن
رايحه عود تو اين عطر به هيچ وجه تلخ و تند و قوي و دارو مانند مثل ام 7 يا كارهاي آمواژ نيست. رايحه اود خيلي ملايم و سبك هست
پخش بوش خوبه اما ماندگاري متوسطي داره
به نظر من اين چند سال اخير كريد زياد خوب كار نميكنه
بوش اينقدرها خاص نيست كه بخواي بابتش همچين قيمت بالايي بدي

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

I was given a sample of this and I find this fragrance quite fascinating. You would think this is just for males. But it isn't. The spices are very nice and the woods are smooth. I would like to consider this a TAME version of Spellbound from Estee Lauder. I say TAME, because Spellbound is rather complex. There are only three notes listed here. I compare this to Spellbound also, because the spices seem to be the same blend used in Spellbound but not as strong. Less Christmasy. The woods die down rather rapidly. This is a nice fragrance, that my husband and I agree on. WE think it is very nice! But too expensive.Also, much less overbearing than Spellbound.

body67
body67

it smells exactly like l'artisan parfumeur tea for two. and there is no oud. not one molecule. too expensive to justify its price, it's very nicely done but i'll stick with tea for two, thank you very much.

Scentrist
Scentrist

Quick disclaimer: I've had this since the day it was released in the US, and it appears high on my list of fragrance favorites for a reason. It's just that good.

It isn't that it's a perfect Oud or that it's groundbreaking in any way. Rather, it's the execution of this fragrance and the quality that makes this such a delight. It is so well composed, luxurious and refined that it becomes a standout. It's elegant and merits consideration for simply being one extraordinary fragrance.

Are there 'Ouds' that I prefer to this? Certainly, some of the Montales, Bond's rendition, and Byredo creations among them. I'm certain others have their own preference. None of those are 'pure Ouds' either, as each has its own rendition of notes to accompany the agarwood element. Are there other fragrances that I like for different reasons? Certainly - Clive Christian's C and X are among those (anyone complaining about cost should consider their cost and compare).

For me, simply put, this is exquisite. A fragrance that is so well executed that it exudes the right sophistication. It's not a 'cheap' product, quality generally isn't, and they've made this to be truly Creed-worthy. I'd agree that it's a phenomenal addition to their line-up and truly a classic. I love it for what it is, rather than simply trying to compare it to other Ouds.

My somewhat more than $0.02. :)

takeitupthenose

I just wanted to post that I am in love. I will do a full review shortly. I will say this, spray it, let it sit for 15-20 minutes then give it a whiff. Secondly this thing works different in different temperatures, it has a nice spicy/sweet Jekel and Hyde thing going. Finally I wear a lot of fragrances many I own others I have sampled or purchased 10-20ml decants. I have no angle here, but I get some good compliments, and NOTHING compares to Royal Oud, sexy without being obtrusive, classy without being pompous, elegant without being conceited. This is the mature men/women's fragrance, when you want to stand out without make a bunch of noise. I will give my composition review in a few weeks, but needless to say this is a MUST TRY! You owe it to yourself to get a sample or go to your local retailer and put 3 sprays on and go about your day.

I disagree with Detroit on his Aventus but he is 100% correct on this one.

@texas_forest

I thought that at first... actually, i thought ash at first. You were not fair to yourself. PLEASE wear it and let it dry down on you. This is a Luxe fragrance if there ever was one.

texas_forrest
texas_forrest

After reading all of the positive reviews about colognes with oudh - particularly Creed, I headed to Nieman's expecting to be entranced. I particularly wanted to try this scent. I was so disappointed - my expectations were probably too high. I was much more pleased with Van Cleef & Arpels Oud. Bottom line: Creed Royal Oud smelled like dirty saw dust.

zielona
zielona

Bergamote, citruses, crisp sandalwood and cedarwood, juniper, hint of absinthe... And no oud. Uh, what?
Well yes, no oud.

Which was, imho, predictable. Creed is rather a conservative perfumery house, they hold on to traditions and classical woody colognes - without exceptions, even for a most popular and "hot" ingredient from recent years ;]

Detroitcolognereview

So yesterday i was out on a lunch meeting with a business partner. This guy walked by me and smelled great. I am not one to walk up to another man and say you smell good but he passed me again and i said to myself, the only other time i smelled cologne on another man and said something was the first time I smelled Creed (It was MI). Well guess what he was wearing? I walked up to his table and said, "excuse me... I apologize for the interruption but whats that cologne?" The other guys at the table, they were all in their late 30's and early 40's chuckled as they had apparently just asked him as well. He said " Royal..." and i cut him off and completed the sentnce with ROYAL OUD BY CREED?????????? He was like...howd you know about it? LOLOLOL.It was like when 2 nerds realize that they both like Star Wars or something. We talked briefly about fragrances while the other guys looked at us as if to ask if it was that serious.

So yeah, i own a small size i got from a guy online as #300.00 is steep to pay for a cologne. I think i might pay for the whole bottle. This is further proof that Creed smells so amazing and is so refined that its worth the price. I mean i rarely EVER smell a guy and ask him. Not because i'm worried about him thinking that i am gay cause its like... whatever...i'll never see you again but because i am never that impressed. Yesterday, i had to ask and come to find out...

ps. I'm not feeling this one for a woman but then again, i have not smelled it on one. It smells pretty masculine to me though

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Royal Oud is a masculine woody. It opens with gaiac wood and spice with oud in the background.
While it has a promising start, it also quickly falls apart into sour medicinal wood scent. I think this recent Creed's experiment with oud tuned out to be a flap. One more try?

bejahu
bejahu

Spicy, woody, and dry. A very refined take on oud. It is expensive, but smells very good.

Detroitcolognereview

I am out of town this weekend. Was out last night and this couple said... THATS YOU!!!! I was like huh? They said, "that smell". They asked the fragrance. What a complement. I love this stuff.

kris919
kris919

citrus, spicey, oud-y, incensey. I love this one. I loved it so much, I maxed out my Saks card on the purchase of this not too long ago. Probably not a good idea in the long run, but everytime I put this on..I truly have no regrets. I own 3 Creeds and I love them all, but oh that dreaded Saks card statement every month... Intervention?

manofscents
manofscents

im not going to beat a dead horse on this "oud" subject as it has been the new trend as of late, but i will talk about the fragrance itself. smells great simple as that.

ms.djedi
ms.djedi

Soft and lovely, yet definately oud. While I own and adore Pure Oud By Kilian this is discreetly oud as only Creed could conjure- I failed to ask the price before plopping down my card at Saks last month...and YES it DID hurt when I later looked at the AMEX bill! still wondering if I love it as much as vintage Tabarome and Windsor?!

spoombung
spoombung

So it's 'royal' is it?

I can't smell anything particularly royal or oud here... (I'm pretty sure I know what oud smells like and own Le Labo's Oud 27 and have samples of real oud oil).

Instead there's an ever-so-slightly spicy, inoffensive, nondescript aroma that might appeal to Creed fans because of it's inherent modesty - although the price is hardly modest.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I see many are dishing on this already. I have to say that I like it...a lot. It's nice and dry and very spicy, just like Natt describes it. It's not nearly as animalic as Bond's Harrod's Swarovski LE Oud, but noteworthy all the same. I really love the way it dries down on my skin, with its super dry woody and spicy scent. I would gladly buy a bottle and will surely jump in on a split! :)
When I first smelled this on paper, I thought it was awful...harsh and just really terrible. Then I tried on my skin and it was completely different. It lasted more than 24 hours, though after 4-5 I couldn't smell it that much, save for wafts of it here and there, but people were commenting on it each time I wore it all evening to the wee hours. Too bad it doesn't seem to be having this effect on some of you. I hope more of you hate it and write how horrible it is, so the price will come down.

so simple
so simple

nothing related to real oud not royal either.

this is a spicy incense fragrance.

lasting power 4 hours.
projection sooo close to the skin.

at this price this fragrance is a big pass for me!!

this fragrance lacks the high quality that i expect from creed fragrances.

sorry creed . next!!!.

slyswann
slyswann

So far I'm disappointed with this one. The opening seems harsh and the dry down weak. I will give it one more try before giving up, but I'm not hopeful. Creed's website currently has no description of the scent, just a note about gifting it to Will and Kate during their visit to North America. No list of notes, nothing. Just a link to their online boutique for purchasing. So cheesy.

Speaking of Oud, I enjoy sweeter kind of oud scent such as Bond No.9 Signature or Byredo Oud Immortel. For Creed Royal Oud, I don't mind it. It is a very spicy and dry oud. It's very strong and sharp at first but it will settle down to a smoother oud. I find it too manly and potent for my personal taste. $300 price tag for 2.5oz is absolutely not for everyone unless you are out of your mind. Try before you buy anyway. For me, I'll just hold on to this decant and no need for a bottle.

zepyhp
zepyhp

Royal Oud seems like its trying too hard to be Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne. Ormonde Man is much better. Pass on Royal Oud.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

A smooth, spicy and sweet oud fragrance from Creed. Not as strong and brutal as a typical oud fragrance can be. This is a unique and delicious scent from Creed that reeks of class and elegance. I think it`s more on the masculine side of the unisex scale. Very expensive, but you can smell it with certainty!

darkroomvisitor
darkroomvisitor

I ordered a sample of this. It smelled nice, but I also got a very strong "deja smell". Chanel Allure (men) anyone?
I don't smell a strong oud in this, a bit disappointing really.

rod7elfo

This is the best oud fragance ever + kilian's pure oud. Those make you feel... Amazing.

Detroitcolognereview

Yeah so I am just getting back from the mall. The sales rep who was quite beautiful BTW sprayed me with 5 scents. We wrote in ink on my skin codes so only we would know what they were. Here were the choices.
1-Himilaya-creed
2-Dolce &Gabbana- original
3-Aventus- Creed
4-Black Orchid- Tom Ford
5-Royal Oud- Creed

Every single woman picked the Royal Oud as being "striking, amazing, gets my wheels turning'so sexy on you" . The Tom Ford and Himilaya were kinda toss up's with the Dolce coming in as "too common" and nobody including me liking that stinking Aventus.

I am covered in the most opposite fragrances ever so i will have to wait. I think that due to the price, I will wait until a milestone happens before i buy it. Like when i graduate next year or if i hit a certain mark in gross margin on the deals i write for work or as a house warming gift to myself once i buy. The Tom Ford will be purchased tomorrow with the rest of them probably being bought before the year end (minus that Aventus) depending on cheapest prices i can get.

So, I thought that the fragrance was mezmerizing and perfect but i am going to wait until i have less juice on my body. Its worth noting that the survey was done after a 30 minute dry down. The Tom Ford is banging with the silage of 1 million but with a warm refinement that makes me feel so rich. The Royal Oud though is just the Olympic Champ. Perfect Perfect Perfect. Love it!!!

Dandycorns
Dandycorns

I sure love this scent. It is intoxicating, really.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A strong incense scent with added white pepper...

0- 2 hours - A scent which evokes memories.. I was brought up as a Roman Catholic and the smell is identical to incense which smoked out of the Thurible swung by the Priest on the procession to the altar. I then thought of the time I went to Borobodur, Java and the sun down and onset of dusk after a baking day, surrounded by dark statues and incense being burnt to signify something special. Projection ok

2 - 7 hours - Same scent as above but spicy white pepper comes through and rivals the incense. Intense smell on skin, projects enough for the user, but noonelse

Not for me, but an experience

Grottola
Grottola

A spicy masculine oriental along the lines of Jubilation XXV or Memoir Man by Amouage, but nowhere near as good as either.

There's oud here, but it's really not groundbreaking. Save your money and get an Amouage, or just get M7 instead.

AkimiOneko
AkimiOneko

After smelling a few of the Creeds which made my nose curl up (It's generally love or hate with Creed scents for me) I found this one intoxicating :) I love oud so much and yes this is made for a Western audience, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Creed is a Western brand after all. Royal Oud is an elegant scent that reminds me a bit of 'Kisu' by Tann Rokka. I am getting some rose, though this isn't listed in the notes. A man could wear this well too, but on a woman it is definitely 'feminine'. Worthy to be called 'niche quality' and my favourite Creed so far :) Sometime I will compare it to the wonderful 'Midnight Oud' (JHAG) when my wrists are not covered in other scents.

K1
K1

Approaching to oud combination,considering Creed's almost brilliant portfolio, it guarantees the quality. But this at the other side is bad news. There are several niche brands and new-brand designer ones who worked on oud. Montale is of which. They provide everything on oud and Arabian themes. But Creed had not yet. Creed's art is so-called European and in my opinion the only standing European niche brand. Why they broke the line and turned to oud lies under question mark and the answer is one word: market. Oud, in these days is the most desired element in this industry. So no one wants to retreat. Even Ferrari and Prada has oud perfumes!
Anyway, the scent reveals the ability oh the house in this industry. It enters oud prosperously.
Royal Oud is opens clear and peppery citric that quickly evokes out a smoky theme which is oud but not solely oud, something burning comes to mind. Something woody and resinous. That's probably galbanum plus angelica. After about one minute the scent is complete with burning smoky bitter/sweet oudy cedar wild resinous herbal woody aroma.
This scent is sexy not for the combination, for oud. Actually there are quite a few of oud combinations much sexier than RO. It is just luxuriously charming and exotic. like cognac smell.

Stew
Stew

Looks like Creed's jumping on the Oud bangwagon

Royal Oud by Creed 4.35 out of 5 based on 562 ratings and 145 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Royal Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Royal Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Royal Oud by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Royal Oud by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.