Designers » C » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Selection Verte Creed for women and men

Selection Verte Creed for women and men
dislike

Selection Verte Creed for women and men Pictures

This fragrance was worn by the greatest name in the field of psychoanalysis will be loved by intuitive and insightful women and men. Selection Verte features peppermint, a refreshing and stimulating herb with purported therapeutic and mood-enhanicng properties.

Top notes include neroli and citrus, slightly peppered. The heart includes peppermint and herb notes, all resting on a base of ambergris. Selection Verte was launched in 1901. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Fourth Generation.

Neroli Citruses Pepper

Mint Herbal Notes

Ambergris

L`Eau Par Kenzo ICE Pour Femme

Selection Verte Fragrance Reviews

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

I KNOW this has natural ingredients in it, it makes my arms tingle! Really natural fragrance. I like it so far.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

Starts off with a strong citrus with a hint of mint. Extremely well blended it slowly mellows out revealing its fruity floral heart with that beautiful citrus in the background. Then lastly your left with a pepper ambergris slight mint aroma radiating off you. It truly is gorgeous has a positive affect on mood. I love this.

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Starts with citrus and slowly pepper and spicy notes emerge. Compared to all other Creeds, this is the least intrusive and most relaxing spice. Citrus notes create a symphony with mint during the opening.

I adore how well this was mixed. Mint notes, which can be extremely overpowering were appropriately subdued by the other notes. After reading Dullah's review, I agree that the mint notes are multi-dimensional, complex, and perfectly balanced.

This is a true masterpiece.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

I'm young, picky, I don't like traditional older-men fragrances and I'm critical of most niche, but I guarenteed that Selection Verte is timeless and it's not only a fragrance wearable by a young person but a fragrance you would want to have.

The description on this website says stimulating, refreshing, therapuetic, and mood-enhancing. Initially, I laughed but then I realized that it's all true and not just a marketing gimmick. On my first try, I liked it but didn't love it, but as with many Creeds, the more I tried it, the more I loved it.

As for the similarity, it has the sparkly ambery feel of Royal Water, but much brighter and lemony.

My only criticism is that Selection Verte smells like a place rather than a person. A place I would want to be. Hard to describe, but it doesn't really smell to me like a cologne but rather an ambiance. Perhaps a green forest full of fruit with a pristine pond. But it just feels strange to wear, as good as it is. It's also pricy so try before you buy, but do be sure to try.

jhitt793
jhitt793

The epitome of classic and fresh colognes. The beautiful opening of citrus and mint is breathtaking. A very slight and ephemeral pepper note blends beautifully with the neroli and what I suspect to be bergamot and lime. As it dries, the neroli blossom begins to shine and it is here I capture a glimpse of another Creed offering, Neroli Sauvage. The peppermint remains delicate and never overbearing. Amongst the herbal notes included, I detect a hint of basil and verbena. I believe this would be great year round, but seems it would be especially cooling and refreshing in Spring and Summer. The fact that this cologne originated in 1901 and seems still relevant in the world of fragrance today, is a testament to the fantastic artistry and expertise of the Creed house. In a word, timeless.... (66)

Jack's Creation
Jack's Creation

An epic sleeper, given that it's quite possibly the best Eau de Cologne going, (no, really).

Complex yet traditional in character. The subtle, front edged note of mint lifts this above the purely citrus/neroli crowd and makes it sparkle like nothing else.

Astonishingly good.

Grottola
Grottola

There's not much I can add to Dullah's fantastic and thorough review, but here's my take on Selection Verte:

I'm not a huge fan of Creed, however I will admit that they have a few excellent gems in their collection. And, like more and more fragrance houses these days, they seem to be saving their best work a secret to many, or, as they part it, part of a "Private Collection". Just like many great bands put some of their best work into their b-sides, Creed's Private Collection is there for true aficionados looking to get the full Creed experience.

Selection Verte, which, according to Creed, was supposedly worn by Sigmund Freud (not something I completely believe, but whatever), is a testament to quality in materials and superb blending. It COULD just be a standard-issue Eau de Cologne with good materials and execution, e.g. Chanel or Guerlain's, but instead you have an incredibly fresh, bright, nose-tickling citrus melody with some sweet green notes in the background. This is easily the strongest and longest-lasting pure citrus fragrance I know of besides Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne; it just keeps going and going and going and going. The brightness of the citrus is almost too much at first - it sucker punches you in the nose so hard that there's almost a chlorine-like smell, but this truly is a long-lasting natural citrus. The fact that such a simple accord can be made so pure yet full of vibrancy and life is a testament to the artistic side of perfumery. Anyone can make a citrus cologne, but it takes a true artist to give it life and sparkle.

I was fortunate enough to spot a spray tester (apparently Creed made a few) of Selection Verte at the Neiman Marcus at the Tyson's Corner mall in Virginia, and I was immediately blown away by how strong yet natural-smelling it was. Not only that, but I put this fragrance on as I was walking out the door on a cold January evening; it has managed to hold up over 4 hours in the cold, so I can only imagine how strong and refreshing this stuff must be in the heat. Look, I know I'm not always kind to Creed, but at the rate at which Selection Verte is getting rarer and rarer... I may just have to set aside a few paychecks and fork over the dough for this one. I don't think I'm gonna find a better citrus fragrance for a long time.

demcav
demcav

Lovely, refreshing fragrance!, especially in the heat of summer. The citrus & mint in the opening are effervescent and remain natural through the dry down. Applied heavily (6 - 8 sprays) I get 6 hours of fresh, green minty pleasure.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I like the scent but not on my skin; where it turns sour and smells like sweat... Sad.
edit: I agree with you DULLAH, this is one of the most natural fresh scent ever. Creed are making amazing scents, unfortunately, I can't wear this one. If I have to chose, I'll buy Royal Water to replace this merveille.

DULLAH
DULLAH

Not many scents can legitimately claim the quality of timelessness. Selection Verte is one of them. This scent is the finest citrus/spice/floral I've come across, one which shares some ingredients with traditional EDC's, but has a very unique and optimistic character all it's own.

This starts of with a strong blast of several different types of mint leaf, combined with several different types of Citrus, all of them utterly natural and in perfect proportion to one another. The cool peppery bite of the Peppermint is tempered by the Sweet-leafiness of the Spearmint. The tanginess of the Lemon and Lime is complimented by the sweetness of Mandarin. All of this is underscored by a wonderfully sober bergamot note.

15 minutes later, this cool/tart blast begins to mellow, retaining the same great character. The green leafiness of the mint is now much more apparent than the chilled initial blast, indicating the likely use of a whole-plant-absolute (leaves, stem, flower, root) as opposed to a distilled mint oil. The bitter terpenes of the citrus have also given way to the more aromatic components of citrus, and the other aromatic herbal and spice notes, as well as the floral notes, begin to emerge.

This is the stage I enjoy so much, when the incredibly fresh upper-end essences of the Neroli/orange blossom, clove bud, and Sweet Pea flowers create a quiet aura of new life......of spring. Of course, the lower-registers of mint and citrus are still there, so it almost creates the illusion of the "perpetual harvest", when one is enjoying the fruits of a tree or plant, at the same time that the very tree is putting forth new growth. I cannot stress enough how much i like this stage of Selection Verte.

As the mint and Citrus recede further, the character of that harmonious interplay does not, it seems only to deepen. This is not some work of magic, just the result of well-chosen notes, placement, and blending. the Neroli serves to continue the character of citrus, only sweeter and deeper, and the basil/herbs continue the green leafy character of the Mint, although not cool, now warmer. Even the light use of clove bud seems to continue to build on the small amount of spicy eugenol present in significant amounts in certain species of Green Citrus.

While the theme continues, albeit in a sweeter and somewhat 'warmer' way, a new note, serving the same sobering purpose as the bergamot did in the topnotes....white peppercorns. This note is never too prominent like the peppered note in Penhaligon's Opus1870, it plays it's sobering role quietly and perfectly.

After the tart citrus is gone,and just as the Neroli begins to lessen in strength, and the aromatic herbs risk taking the scent into a rustic, slightly less optimistic direction, a wonderfully green floral note comes in to again set the balance of this scent....Sweet Pea.

When I first saw the note list, I was confused, thinking of the vegetable we all eat, and the opaque, soft greenness of Selection Verte in this late stage kept me confused for some time. Sweet Pea is in fact, a sweetly scented Vine Flower species, with a very unique scent......a scent that is not common in men's colognes, nor feminine perfumes for that matter. No mind, the choice of this green floral note for Selection Verte is a perfect landing, with the light clove, herb, and pepper adding just the right touch of spice to balance the last stage of the composition, which lasts surprisingly well, given how short-lived the topnotes are.

The note list lists Ambergris, but I get none, perhaps the amount is so small as just to help longevity and texture, without being otherwise detectable.

Nonetheless, this is without doubt one of the greatest herbal/floral/citrus scents ever created, if not the absolute best. It's quality and natural appeal are utmost, and it's character is as incredibly fresh and ALIVE today as it was when it was created.

Selection Verte by Creed 4.52 out of 5 based on 58 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Selection Verte fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Selection Verte, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Selection Verte by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Selection Verte by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.