Designers » C » Aromatic « Groups

Silver Mountain Water Creed for women and men
dislike

I have it: 906 I had it: 230 I want it: 705 My signature: 44

Silver Mountain Water Creed for women and men Pictures

Silver Mountain Water by Creed is an Aromatic fragrance for men. Inspired by Olivier Creed's fondness for skiing, Silver Mountain Water was designed to evoke the sparkling high-mountain streams of water in the Swiss Alps.

The white bottle capped with a silver cap resembles a snow-topped mountain with a glistening silver stream.

The fragrance opens with bergamot and mandarin, followed by a heart featuring green tea and black currant. The base is composed of Galbanum, musk, sandalwood and petit grain. Silver Mountain Water was launched in 1995. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Mefisto
Boise Fruite

Silver Mountain Water Fragrance Reviews

LanceDior

Does not smell aquatic to me in any way. It's soft and sweet and dry. Someone hit the nail on the head when they said this smells like Snow White. However my sister told me it smells more masculine than AdG. I think if you're going to pay this price for a fragrance you have to be buying a smell YOU love. Which is why I did. It reminds me if Jeff Buckley's Grace album for some reason. It was the most arresting fragrance for me in all the creeds, tom fords and anouages to give you some idea. (Apart from maybe black orchid or tuscan leather)

Aamir Ahmed
Aamir Ahmed

People buy CREED cuz its expensive.i dont get it, whats so special abt this particular scent? Smells like a cheap perfume with no longevity n sillage.I regret buyin it.

dsty
dsty

Silver Mountain Water is the third Creed that I've tried; after a love (Virgin Island Water) and a dislike (Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse) this one is a solid like for me. I don't think it's quite as successful in evoking the feeling of a hike through an alpine landscape as Virgin Island Water is at conjuring up the vibe of a tropical beach, but it does go in that direction.

It's a very well mixed, rather sweet, slightly metallic scent; with a bit of good will you can imagine that "the sparkling high-mountain streams of water in the Swiss Alps", or an idealized version of them at any rate, would smell something like this. It has a rather nice, clean coldness to it, which combines beautifully with the sweetness. I can't really pick out any individual notes but it makes sense when I read that the main ones are blackcurrant, tea and musk. Very nice, but there's something in this that makes me stop short of loving it; maybe it's just a tad too masculine for my own taste (although it really is unisex). Longevity isn't great either, which is a shame for a scent as expensive as this unless you're actually in the very rich segment of the population that I imagine is the real target audience for this.
Still, I have a feeling I'd grow to like it more with time, so maybe I'll get a small decant of this at some point.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

This lasts forever! I thought all Creed ingredients were natural therefore weak sillage and short-lived, yet this makes me wonder if it is synthetic materials because it lasts a LONG TIME.

justtwan
justtwan

I think that its sad that some people buy into all of this name brand hype like gucci, prada and creed just so they can say that they have it even when its clearly a waste of cash. I would never buy a reasonable priced cologne if it performed this bad no matter how good it smells. Gucci smells good too but will never receive 1 red scents of my hard earned cash, with that being sad this is as weak as every creed I've tried and not one person will smell u after 2 or 3 hours because its gone. I don't support any brand that can't give me my money worth, sorry creed keepers.

AndrzejK

After several years of using Silver Mountain Water I can still say it is simply beautiful and mysterious at the same time - freshness, cold water, grass and all the unspoilt nature around high in the silent mountains.

One of a kind and one of my favourites.

colinssmith
colinssmith

Does anyone else think this smells like a weak version of Green Irish Tweed?

rzetzm

Love this scent! As I've already done a proper review, I must add more commentary - for I smelled this today on the opposite sex. Time to review.

I smelled delicious, sweet woods, a definite sandalwood. Which I - excitedly - asked my fellow coworker whether she had been wearing sandalwood oil. To my surprise, she quoted that she had been wearing one of my favorite scents. I was so happily shocked that I had to pull up fragrantica immediately!

Sure enough, there you go - sandalwood - in the ingredient list. On me, I do smell it now... but not so much in my earlier review. Funny how you develop depths of scents, the more you smell them.

A wonderful experience. Excellent, on males or females.

this is an amazing fragrance, defiantly would suit a woman a lot more than a man, really nice sweet and floral, great blend of green tea and blackcurrant, its quite a green with a little bit of citrus. Great stuff but worth the money? you can be the judge of that.

lollero
lollero

At first I couldn't really decide do I like this or not. Finally I came to a conclusion which is yes I like it. Why? Because it's unique and it gives me what it promised which is the mountain air. There could be a tiny salty note in it which remindes me of MI which I don't like and that was why I at first didn't really like it. If I ever get to a point where I have loads of money to spend then I would consider buying a bottle. I did expect more and now I'm slightly dissapointed.

musicman4931
musicman4931

My second favorite Creed. Outstanding quality but lacks longevity like alot of Creed's best smelling bottles.

WildDove
WildDove

Crisp, clean, and extremely classy. Very well blended and balanced.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

A sharp citrusy blend that is one of kind. It doesn't remind me of any other perfume. This is really great stuff and in a class of its own.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Silver Mountain Water evokes feelings of a crisp silver mountain spring--clean, refreshing with a gentle airy sweetness.

The fragrance bursts forth with a lot of cool bergamot and galbanum--clarifying and zesty. As the spring flows, it picks up a hint of earthy, fresh tea and the inherently dark, minty tannic skin of just a berry or two of blackcurrant.

As the current slows, Silver Mountain Water softens with filtered sunshine at the foot of the mountain--sandalwood, gentle, soft musk, a trace of green woods, minty fruit, and a little citrus. This drydown reminds me very much of little known Dammuso Profumi di Pantelleria (of equally high quality and less than half the cost). I personally prefer Dammuso as the cedar and vetiver add a little extra depth, and offers better longevity.

A lovely, clean unisex aromatic with a soft finish, and perhaps a little overrated, but in any event, very likable and easy to wear.

seekritdude
seekritdude

Smell wise alone its probably in the top 5 creed scents for me. Unfortunately anytime ive tried it on my skin were talking 2 hours max. I do get the ink vibe, and I also do think it smells pretty similar to MI. Unfortuatnely at least MI I can get 4-5 hours. Maybe ive only tried bad batchs and if thats the case by all means tell me a good one because if there is one I would have gotten it instead of MI lol. Anyway not just a nice smelling creed its a nice smelling fragrance period. But man it has done absolutely awful on my skin anytime ive tried it. Disapointing.

dvdnet
dvdnet

رائحة مشابها جدا عطر
Desert Falcon Arabian Oud

marcod83
marcod83

Buonissimo, è difficile dire che non sia un ottimo profumo. Non sbagliate sicuro, è dolce!

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

When you speak of quality fragrances the first fragrance house that comes to mind is Creed. Now let me be straight. There are a lot of fragrances that smell similar and even closer than similar to fragrances produced by Creed. Lomani has a handful of fragrances that are competing. There are also the Cool Water and Paco XS and Mont Blanc comparisons to many of the popular Creeds. However....

Creed seems to have the market cornered on crispness. I always use a shoe comparison. So I will switch to a car. Now I don't do expensive cars; however, if you have rode in a luxury vehicle say Mercedes, 5-7 Series BMW on a highway and then jumped into an Elantra, Tauras or Optima on the same highway you will notice a stark difference.

Now they may look the same and have the same components and share some of same technology but the afore mentioned vehciles do it in a way that blows the latter away.

Creed is the same way, their use of citrus, musk, ambergris and other notes make them superior. Now it is up to the buyer to decide the value of such superiority.

This is a fragrance where the notes are recognigzable yet quite complimentary. The tea, sharp citrus, black currant and musk blend so well together that it is just heads and shoulders above other citruses. I would argue there isn't many other citruses that compare. It is sharp a little sweet, musky and tangy/sour, the tea gives it an inky note which you either love or hate. For me it is what makes this so unique.

Longevity, sillage and projection are amazing for me at the 4-5 spray mark. I put two on my clothes and one behind each ear and one at the base of the neck in the front.

Compliments are showered whenever I wear this, it is regal along with Aventus and Royal Oud and may say it is easily my third favorite in the line but could compete with Aventus and Royal easily for a higher spot.

5/5 on this one for me.

jonnyv
jonnyv

I tested SMW today, head to head (or rather, wrist to wrist) with Al-Rehab 'Silver'.
There is no doubting they are similar, but SMW is much better quality and lasts over twice as long on my skin.

But as I already own Creed ' Millesime Imperial ' I wont be buying SWM.

To My un-educated nose MI and SMW are very very similar.

TheJurisDoctor
TheJurisDoctor

I have a small decant of this and its just not for me. I just don't like the tea note. It reminds me too much of Azzaro Chrome Legend which also has a tea note.

If you don't mind a tea note, then you will probably love this. It's great quality, blended well, and seems to have good longevity. But personally, I'll pass on this one.

drakecito

Interesting smell but nothing more.
Musc, tea and light black currant.
Certainly it has a metallic note a little strange.

Longevity and sillage are moderate.
As all Creed frags. too overpriced...

scent: 6/10
longevity: 6/10
sillage: 5/10

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Silver Mountain Water is one of my latest acquisitions and probably my 6th or 7th favorite Creed fragrance...yet, I absolutely love this juice! Gucci Pour Homme II was perhaps my favorite tea-based fragrance until my bottle of SMW arrived: green tea, black currant, musk and that Creed quality is what I get out of this one. The projection is about average and it last 8+ hours on my skin. Moreover, everyone (including the missus) really enjoys it as much as I do.

Anyway, I'll be wearing SMW along with GIT quite often this spring and summer, while the rubes and dolts splash their toxic Al-Rahab and Cool Water. As Jesus Christ once said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." Ain't that the truth.

Update: this is my favorite tea-based fragrance. I love Gucci Pour Homme II (and a few others) but most disappear on my skin far too quickly.

Suvi23
Suvi23

I do not think that I should mention the price of a niche fragrance. It is expensive but everyone knows that.

When I spray Silver Mountain Water on me, musk is the first note that hits me with lovely green tea and a slight black currant. It is cool, fresh and great. I get that metallic vibe like a lot of people, but it does not bother me at all.

I feel myself as a rich, royal gentleman in 1850. No, it is not that dated, but that majestic. One of the strongest perfumes for summer I have smelled.

Longevity could be a little bit better for that price, but I will not complain. Projection in the first hour is beast. 2 sprays and I fill up a car in seconds. Too much sprays may be cloying in the beginning. One of my favourites, but I do not think I will buy a next bottle. Anyway I use it carefully only to the right occasions, so it will be with me for quite a long time.

Projection: 8/10
-------------------------
Overall: 24/30

zaetown
zaetown

I purchased this and i was goin to return it the next day bc it initially gave too much of a chrome vibe. After i continued sniffing and decided to spray it a couple more times to get a better feel for it...... alluring sexy magic in a freshly black current and tea with semi sweet fruity notes. It developed soooo much more elegant and beautiful than any creed ive smelled and ive smelled quite a few but this one got me unvoluntary compliments the next day i put it on. This is the weird caterpillar that transforms into the beautiful butterfly.

ShaverX
ShaverX

I like this one. I don't love it though. Let me explain. I wore this yesterday and on my skin it smelled pretty nice although I kept on getting little whiffs of azarro chrome here and there. No today I threw on the t shirt i had on yesterday and low and behold my shirt smells exactly like I had azzaro chrome on although with some apple infusion. Basically like if chrome would make a summer apple flanker. I have nothing against this scent as in fact I have owned chrome since 98 and wear it from time to time, hence my familiarity with it.

Here's the problem. I don't want to pay 150 bucks to smell like freaking chrome azzaro with apple! WTF!!! Well anyhow, I am glad that I bought just a little sample as my wife was right that it would have been crazy to blind buy this for that crazy price just because it carried the creed name and has such a cool sounding name and beautiful bottle. The juice is the juice and it's nothing special.

DMA
DMA

This is fast becoming my favourite Creed.

I completley dismissed this when i first sampled it, i felt the theme was to synthetic for a high end fragrance, but im beginning to come around to the idea.

When I recieved a sample vial of this from Creed and dabbed it on, I was very dissapointed. There is a fresh/metallic note here that if your brain registers is very shrill, it almost puts your teeth on edge, very unpleasent, combined with a feminine fruity floral theme that doesnt feel disimilar to a glade air freshner, highly unpleasent.

However, I think ive now managed to get over this, I have since sprayed directly from a bottle from an authorised creed retailer in a store in europe, and it was heavenly.

Very soft, milky, blueberries, semi sweet, very fresh and musky, it is genius.

If your paying this kind of price for a fragrance you want it to be unique, and SMW is exactly that, along with Aventus probally 2 of the most unique fragrances from this house.

Very beautiful and distinctive, without making you feel like a woman when wearing.

Im beginning to understand now why this is allegedly a cult classic, and I like it because its more unique than GIT (Which I adore)

The theme suits very mild weather perfectly: spring and fall in my opinion, but due to the fact it sits so close to the skin (and i mean ridiculousley close, you think MI is bad?), you would probally get the best performance out of this fragrance wearing it in warm summer.

Very versatile, spring, summer and fall, yes you can wear it anytime including night, but there are betetr options for night due to strength/performance issues.

A wonderful casual/relaxed personal fragrance for the wearer and there intimate/loved ones. I do reccomend if you have dismissed this in the past, to come back to it at a later date, because through trial and error, it is possible to eventually fall in lvoe with this one... ;)

skal1971
skal1971

Always come back to this wonderful scent: I would drink it or eat it if I could.
It's fresh, crispy, fruity, creamy, milky, and unique.
The balance between the blackcurrant leafs and the green tea is a masterpiece.

Finally bought a 120ml bottle, perfect for the spring!

Marciu
Marciu

Smooth, calming green tea with fruits aromas (I get mostly black currant) with a light herbal galbanum ending. Very light indeed.

Lasts about 5 hours on me, sillage is low.

I like to layer it with other tea-based fragrances, especially Bvlgari Extreme or Gucci Pour Homme II. Results are very interesting!

milkyway
milkyway

This is an inevitable review it seems, as whenever summer time comes and I go looking for a fresh scent for hot weather I seem to always inevitably be offered this. Every time.
So its karma I suppose.
To begin with, I really never managed to detect any black currant in it, no matter how hard I tried. Instead, I get green tea with tangerines and woody and oily petitgrain.
A very pleasant smell, very long lasting. It's a very well executed cologne, and I appreciate it for what it is and am sure it has a cult following (just see all the positive comments below:))Unfortunately it is not something I would get though, so rejoice fans, more for you ;-)

09scottm
09scottm

My favourite from Creed. Absolute masterpiece so crisp and fresh if you can afford it then don't hesitate you can't go wrong with silver mountain water.

ashanappuhamy
ashanappuhamy

this is the best perfume so far, i just love this

Upper East Side
Upper East Side

I have this, but this would smell sooooooooooooooo sexy on women. One word to describe this? Luscious. This is like a stronger and better version of Millesime Imperial.

LanceDior

Love love love love love love!! Simply amazing!!!

bronstein
bronstein

A typically 1990s fresh, clean and unisex fragrance (despite its declaration as "male"). It comes quite close to its ambition of representing cold, fresh water. That said, it has neither a soul nor sex appeal. It's not bad, but too expensive - go for something similar like CK One or Be instead.

lvxifer
lvxifer

Sharp citrus musky fragrance.cool and transparent with hint of gas(lighter) windy turbulence.currently i can't stand SMW ,give me a headache.
P.S.good and stronger, very cheap alternative is arabian brand Zync silver arrow.

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

سلام.خلاصه بگم انگار یه دبه شور ترشی ریختی رو خودت پخش خوبی داره .خوشم نیومد

It smells so sacred and divine. If holy water has a smell, it would smell like this, in my opinion. Silver Mountain Water is rather musky floral than anything else. Nothing fruity nor dark. It starts out fresh, then get musky and clean while floral and slightly green accord stay all the way. It always make me feel spiritual and take me to a heavenly space where nothingness fills and the time stood still.

drewqxc
drewqxc

I really like this one from Creed. I get a musk / milk / fruity scent when I spray it on. It is so simple and smells great. I wear it often and the most compliments I get are from women, usually from my uni campus.

Recommended for everyday use!

RGR
RGR

I love this stuff! I gave this cologne to my dad one Christmas. First of all my dad is the kind of man that wears the same cologne for years and years until it is discontinued. I keep buying cologne for him as gifts and he doesn't fall in love with any of them. I don't know what compelled me to buy a Creed cologne for him. Its not even his "style" but I found it so nice I decided it was worth it.

Silver Mountain Water does indeed remind me of mountains and water just because its opening is so fruity and refreshing. The dry down is a medley of citrus, green tea and wood notes…..crisp and refreshing. It doesn't make me nauseous and my mother loved it. ^_^ One day he said he loved it so much he was thinking he would ask me for the same gift again for Christmas. >_> He thinks this is a cheap cologne. Hahahaha

Anyways this cologne has incredible longevity. Its stands out because of its unusual composition and undeniably masculine character. Perfect for any occasion. I give it 10 out of 10

Ralphje1977
Ralphje1977

My first niche fragrance! And i like it a lot. Very fresh and clean scent. This is a summer fragrance. Longevity good be better. Don't get the inky vibe from it.

doogal76
doogal76

Has anyone tried to layer SMW with anything else?

champykilo
champykilo

It smells so good that I wouldn't be surprised if snow White used to wear it.

Raqtan
Raqtan

SMW is great for those that like the safe smells. When you wear this, you will either receive positive feedbacks, or just no feedbacks. So no negatives with this one.

I personally find it between unisex and men. Sometimes while you're moving you get unisex smell. And sometimes you get men. The bottom line is it is not masculine.

Smells Clean and musky. Lovely fragrance...

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

FRUIT N' MUSK

Opening had a combination of a fresh citrus blast and a unidentifiable note that smelled synthetic. (This may be the 'ink' or 'metallic' note others have observed.)

After the Citrus took leave, I was able to get my nose around the 'ink' - but it was neither pleasant nor unpleasant.

The dry down has been a consistent light balance between fruit (black currant) and musk. Neither dominates. They play beautifully together, like Hansel and Gretel. But there is no witch to spoil this story.

Longevity is longer than I anticipated (over 10 hours now), but it does sit close to the skin.

Another refined and wearable Creed.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

I'm getting the ink everyone is talking about but, I don't mind. I like the smell of ink actually. But, printer cartridge does not dominate this fragrance. The begging is a dry black currant and green tea bag with musk and butter. Then it kinda smells like Vanilla coke with a hint of gasoline. Very balmy and aftershavy. Now that I've given it the time of day, I actually think its the best creed. Its like blueberries and cream.

usas
usas

The ink smell I get (and that other people are mentioning as well) is ruining this fragrance for me.

When applied on a piece of paper, SMW is actually quite nice. Sweet and fresh in a different than mainstream way.
On skin however, the ink smell is overwhelming. I don't know why anyone would want to smell like this. The last time I sprayed this one on me, mygirlfriend and I agreed after one hour upon washing it off. A seldom event.

Edit:
I gave it a few more tries. Strange, but I don't get the ink smell anymore. And this is from the same decant. Am I going crazy?
Anyway, without the ink smell this is a nice fragrance. Lineair (doesn't change much during wear), but complex.

7,5/10

edsex
edsex

a couple months ago i smelled SMW at the mall, id never smelled creed before i thought it was all hype, anyways, i sniffed SMW and i loved the scent it was so unique i couldnt get it out of my mind. I didnt want to spend so much money on a fragrance so i came to fragrantica and see alot of people comparing it to AL REHAB SILVER and saying how its the same thing, so i bought silver by al rehab which is only 6 dls. I have to admit it has some similarities you can see they tried to copy SMW however silver smells just cheap and dirty i didnt like it at all, today i bought the real SMW from fragrancenet awesome purchase totally legit, smells amazing, fresh, crisp, pure class.

Anyone saying al rehab gets the job done is just trying to convince themselves they have a good fragrance,but come one guys,al rehab is cheap, and it smells cheap, i cant stand it,it burns your nostrils, i think its offensive when i wear it.

When you wear al rehab it feels like you are wearing a 4 dollar oil,just cheap, disgusting

Buy SMW you wont regret dont waste your time and money with these copycats, i know i did

Yogamarc
Yogamarc

A very safe, clean, fresh scent. I can't see anyone being too offended by this and it's different enough to be unique. The price is a bit high but can be purchased at a discount. I've enjoyed most of the Creed fragrances I've sampled and I would say they rank as a conservative, high quality product. SMW may not last as long on skin but a quick sprits to clothing and you're good all day!

SHERIF SAYED
SHERIF SAYED

This is one of the perfume that am using, Its nice scent and i like it

soloManolo
soloManolo

I just purchased SMW and after spending 12 hours with it heres what i got...
It opens up EXACTLY the same as chrome azzaro but what it seems to do better than chrome, is that it stays the same throughout the transforming process, without tingling your nose with excessive use of alcohol, but instead, dries down to a perfect mixture of mushed salty fruits and tea extracts...I personally think that whatever cool water is to green irish tweed, the same connection applies to chrome and SMW.I don't see this as a bad thing since I'm huge chrome fan but that ''real feel'' that i thought was missing from it to be perfect, is exactly what SMW delivers.

MADAYTON77
MADAYTON77

This is for me is pure heaven in a bottle. A feel good scent for many a year which just never disappoints. A few sprays set the experience in motion with a supreme icy blast of freshness with the Tea & Blackcurrant accords raising it's most prominent heads. Brilliance, artistry perfection and generally overlooked in the Creed arsenal of sometimes overhyped scents.
Office friendly and always a compliment getter. Subtle and not overbearing. If there is one drawback it is in the longevity but what a ride until the finish line. Still four or five hours on my skin is well worth the total experience.

Perfection 10+

drakecito

A very natural and well made scent.
To me, as all Creeds, is a bit boring and light.
Good fruity smell with a metallic vibe. Basically is black currant and tea (a lot of tea)
Nothing more.

Last about 6 hours ans sillage is moderate-low.

scent: 6.5/10
longevity: 7/10
sillage: 5/10

dayzaway99
dayzaway99

Its one of the softer creed scents, it doesn't jump out at you, it sits close to the skin permeating a fresh warmth that can be described as taking a deep breathe while out in the mountains, the breeze carries the sweetness from the pines and a river crashing into moss covered rocks in the distance, its makes its way through a few freshly covered peaks of snow that cleanly filters the scent and making it icy fresh as it reaches your nostrils. Pleasant to be around, for a family get together, or a first date where you dont want to offend. Likable by all.

omar88
omar88

رائحة منعشة لا يملها الأنف ...

Michael1962
Michael1962

Definitely an uplifting spring fragrance which cools the soul.I can imagine Oliver Creeds inspiration for this fragrance being silver topped sublimely crisp and clean alpine slopes.I agree that the opening can be a tad full on and slightly metallic,but wait a few minutes for the subtle tea and blackcurrant notes to appear.
Unusual for SMW not to have ambergris as part of the Creeds signature ambergris drydown but the musk is so soft and luscious.
One of my top 5 spring scents at the moment

gepardo
gepardo

Increible, sencillamente una fragancia divinal, dudaba mucho en comprarla por los reviews,ya que acusaban malisima longevidad, yo soy de Buenos Aires y es complicado y caro conseguirlo aca. La cuestion es que cuando lo compre e hize que se aplicara otra persona antes que yo, empeze a sentir unos segundos despues un aura de otro mundo, como si estuviera en los Alpes nevados con el mejor perfume del planeta. Luego de esto no me lo aplique, deje que se desarrollara en la persona para ver si evolucion a distancia, la persona era el tachero que me llevaba de vuelta a mi hogar, el cual me cobro 20 pesos argentinos menos al final del viaje por la experiencia del Slver Mountain Water. Cuando llege a casa aun me quedaba una reminiscencia de lo que era el perfume y yo no queria profanar porque tenia puesto en mi Reflection Man de Amouage, la cosa es que como buen sniffer simplemente me tome el trabajo de sacarle la tapa y oler tanto la tapa como la salida del spray y me dije o me dijo mi alma AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHA esto es otra dimension, hay un mundo metido en esta botella, lo mas parecido al paraíso!

Fragrancenut9277
Fragrancenut9277

This is a beautiful fragrance par excellence. It is both uplifting and refreshing. You will get a blast of bergamot and black currant and then slowly drift into a sandalwood-galbanum-musk dream. This fragrance could only be delivered by Creed.

Sunflower77
Sunflower77

I like SMW better than GIT or Aventus. Actually, I like it only after Virgin Island Water for men's fragrance by Creed, although VIW is unisex. In my opinion SMW can be perfectly unisex too. SMW feels fresh and cold, but no water notes. I see snow, I see mountain, but no stream. Nonetheless, this is a unique and classy fragrance that you don't find a dozen of similar products on the market.

Weihan
Weihan

I beg to differ, radically differ, from all the "nay"-sayers here. How anyone could find this fragrance in any way obectionable is beyond me. Creed's Silver Mountain Water is a stupendous MASTERPIECE! One of the freshest, coolest, most appealing scents out there - a wonderful creation that evokes images of the coolest, purest mountain streams on a hot summer's day. Distinctively different and thoroughly sophisticated. Great work again Creed!

Wildcard
Wildcard

I understand the "Inky"smell people are getting of this fragrance it starts out cold and sharp and fades into a smooth musk. Silage is great first two hours then no more than arms lenght but it does stay with you all day I got 6 to 8 hrs. Women REALLY love it.

This is HEAVENLY!!! Fruity berries, with musk behind and you get the hint of tea too!
Simply stunning, spellbinding freshness... Definitely evokes the fresh mountain stream.
I was reluctant to blind buy as I'd read reviews that it was a disappointing effort from Creed... And similar to Himalaya (which it really isn't)
My personal taste says this is my favourite from the house and I must have it!
Just reaffirms in my mind that you should always try a fragrance (of course) and that there's no accounting for taste.
One thing I've learned is that Creed is synonymous with quality.

stayclose
stayclose

Black currant and tea with sweet fresh smelling undertones. If I would compare this to a designer frag it would have to ck One. I has a femenine smell to it just like ck one so your probably going to smell more on women than men. So if like manly scents I would not buy this. How do feel when I wear this? Fresh and calm kind of outdoorsy, oh a lil funky.

GMK
GMK

very fresh / light fruity fragrance. A relatively better offering which is termed as unisex but projects towards a borderline feminine stuff. not typically feminine but works well on women imo. I get the metallic floral musky projection focused primarily on middle eastern clientèle.

I love to smell it on others especially the musky / fruity dry down.

frog23
frog23

Very boring on my skin. Smelled like many others I tried. Reminds me of a 1990's scent. Really nothing new and is forgettable.

ateghipc
ateghipc

I shift between enjoying this quite a bit to hating it. I appreciate this scent's versatility and it seems to defy season, however something about this smells to me like "bathroom" and urinal cake. I have no specific reason to think this, and I love green tea so I feel like I truly should love this fragrance. Every time I begin enjoying this the bathroom vibe sets in and I begin to hate it. It really is unique, and worth at least a sample, but not for me. Plenty of people have noted that they love this scent on me and it definitely smells very clean and inoffensive, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy wearing it. Longevity is fine at 6 hours, and it sits close to the skin for the duration of the wear after the initial 30 minute citrus burst.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

Don't like this thing at all. This doesn't have any aquatic accords, as the name suggests. To me, this is just as sour smelling as my expired bottle of Lacoste Essential. Thank you for trying Creed, but I'll pass on this one.

respect1983
respect1983

green and musky!!!prefect!
classy and smart.good sillage with average lasting.
in Creed official site mentioned as unisex.I think it should be too.however this doesnt mean SMW is feminine but means that is so stylish and suitable for both gender.

theloniu
theloniu

I absolutely love the way this smells. It's very unique. However, I find it lasts an hour maybe two, and sits fairly close to the skin.

marioslg3
marioslg3

I ordered some samples from surrender to chance and this was one of them. It is indeed a close relative to millesime imperial. The main difference is the black currant which gives it a slightly smoky and more manly feeling, especially in the dry down. The begining of the fragrance is closer to millesime with its iris note but not that sweet and fruity. I would say i prefer it from millesime but they are similar, not identical. Black currant leads the game here, similar black currant found in Aventus opening.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I'm reviewing this right after Himalaya, to keep with the alpine-themed Creeds. Above all, I've always noted how unique this stuff is, different from anything else I've tried except maybe Herrera for Men, which shares the dark berries and spices. SMW is also very cold, but in a good way, unlike Himalaya. It begins with an exhilarating, boozy, sharp fruitiness, almost like a berry analog to the melon in Millesime Imperial, combined with semi-sweet wine. After a few minutes, I start to detect dark rose (or something similar) underneath, and tinges of very sharp spices creeping in, giving a little bit of christmas-wreath vibe, but not as much as in Herrera because there's less persistent fruit. I'm not much of a skier, but for me SMW strongly evokes a snow-covered conifer-dotted mountain range, in spite of how it's really only using a tinge of fir or juniper, and isn't a conifer scent overall. There's some mint and eucalyptus in here as well, which normally I wouldn't like, but it's played with a very subtle hand. What also amazes me here is that there's a consistent undercurrent of something rich and "perfumey" that smells very expensive, but it's not too heady or feminine and it cuts the sheer coldness of the scent just enough. I love the sour berries and frosty herbs of the base, but I wish they were a little stronger. Black, white, burgundy and silver, for me SMW is a brilliant achievement as a crisp, sharp, icy fragrance.

faatay4
faatay4

i went from no to needng to have the smw scent in my life. after test driving this again years later for weeks. for me, its a wonderful scent but the ink jet cartridge presence is just too much for me. i like to smell silver mountain water time to time but not something i would wear.

williamvargas
williamvargas

it is very clean and has an ok smell to me, just doesn't blow me away like other creeds do..i can see why people enjoy it. but it just didn't wow me. I will give it some more time. so far no sale for me.
update: my son absolutely loves this, giving his fierce cologne a run for his favorite. wish it wasn't so expensive to buy a bottle would make an awesome x mas gift for him. man what a dilemma.

rprovenz
rprovenz

An amazing super clean Scent...like flying down the swiss alps without any brakes!

kitti90
kitti90

this one couldbe good if it wasnt for the ink smell. or i think it smells like nail polish removal.
its too strong and doesnt go away. late in the drydown its not as strong as before, but it all smells like alcohol.
i think this little thing totally ruined the fragrance

This is one of the fragrance that am using, Its nice and i like it. I usually use in special Ocassion and it is lone lasting

jhitt793
jhitt793

A fragrance masterpiece. The inclusion of green tea and black currant a stroke of genius. Upon first smelling this fragrance I could have sworn floral notes were included in the ingredients though there are none. Makes me imagine the trickling of melting snow as the first flowers of spring burst through the ice and into the warming sun. One of my absolute favorites from Creed. (9)

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Wore it on my arm; I'm not impressed with it at all. A nebbish fragrance.

Amirulnikadam
Amirulnikadam

i've always get compliments when i wear this perfume by women and even men.
its a very fresh smell, great for the summer time.
its one of the perfumes that attracts attention to you but not in an obnoxious way.
One of my mom ex-boyfriend used to wear this and when i wore it my mom straightaway ask me 'are you wearing creed'?
this perfume will linger in your memory forever.

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

A MASTERPIECE of a fragrance! Whenever I wear this I feel SPECIAL! People immeadiately comment and say, 'That's Beautiful'. This is a refined scent with an edge to it for the MODERN MAN! No wonder this is David Bowie's signature scent. A genius of the arts with a scent that captivates brilliance. I always come back to Silver Mountain Water like sleeping in your own bed after being away from home for a long time. An EPIC scent!

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

This is a marvellous, luxurious and elegant version of CK One.

$tefanOud
$tefanOud

This morning i have tested this juice.

I like the smell a lot but on my skin its a poor longtivity mabey because i live in a cold country but after three hours i could not smell it anymore for myself, other people can and they think it smells good.

But then i wondered, am i going to buy this for myself to smell good or for other people and my opion is not to buy it yet. I am waiting for the real summer to test it again.because this in my eyes is only a hot summer fragance.

But its a lovely fresh juice the best from creed IMO.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Fresh and clean. It's green, earthy, musky, acquatic. I kind of do get the inky smell, but that's fine with me. This is a well done fragrance. It projects great. Excelent for the summer. Simple. Try it.

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

I'm pretty sure that Snow Queen and all evil queens from fairy tales smell like Silver mountain water - cold,powerful, frosty and arrogant - like real melted metal.
I think this is unisex scent - although, it opens a little bit strong and hit of something sharp ( black currant's leaf?), but later the scent become clear, fresh, harmonious, subtle, but still has the character.
The heart of Silver mountain water - delicate green tea with sandalwood's dryness and bergamot's drops. But it's not like those green notes that give you feeling of fresh cut grass or herbs, it's more like the scent of air after rain. I imagine that's how smell plantations of tea trees up in the hills, in the early morning, then everything is surrounded by mist. And you just take few leafs covered with dew, mash between your fingers and put that extract of liveliness on your skin.
For me it's the only so light perfume, perfectly suitable for those hell hot summer days and stuffy nights, that last more than 3-4 hours ( it stays about 10 - 12 on my skin).
Regrets about the price...well, the best things in life are free, the second best are very expensive.
But must try and let to be charmed by this wonderful fragrance.

Vazcular
Vazcular

Second favorite Creed fragrance behind GIT. I really don't see this being a unisex scent. Reminds me of an aquatic Egoiste Platinum. Great lasting power on my skin. 7 to 9 hours.

9.5/10

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I do not understand how people who review SMW can refer to this fragrance as smelling like ink? If ink smells like SMW then I want to smell like ink. I received my 4 ounce flask in the mail today and I was impressed by the classy, gorgeous, and sleek white bottle. I hopped out of the shower and sprayed six sprays (front, back, both sides, and both wrists) and to my surprise, it was not overwhelming. I am now on my fourth hour and still detecting an abundance of the fragrance. Comparable to Green Irish Tweed, I feel that you could spray as much as you want on without gagging someone. In my humble opinion, SMW elevates the mood and produces a very clean, light citrus, aromatic, masculine floral aroma that is guaranteed to entice the opposite sex. I cannot think of a more versatile fragrance that can be easily worn during any of the seasons. SMW left such a profound first impression on me, that I just might make this my signature fragrance.

hornetz
hornetz

My first impression came out as if somebody had dropped an ink cartridge in a tub of Vaseline. I was dead set on returning the bottle, but then decided to give it a day to develop. This industrial strength cleaner transformed into a nice floral sweet fragrance. The initial dry down was rapid and vanished after an hour only to re-emerge with a complex and unique scent. It didn't give me a picture of snow capped mountains and glacier water streams with fresh crisp air, it just emerged as a regal scent,something with class and distinction.

The first time I wore it, I had more compliments than any other scent. A few women walked close by to figure out this complex scent, got hugs and some attention. This fragrance creates an aura around you without being too much in your face or filling up an entire room where people are running for the nearest exit.

I have heard that this thing doesn't last very long. It lasted about 5 hours for me to notice and stayed close to the skin for over 12 hours. All in all this is an excellent fragrance its just a bit pricey for daily use so this bottle is reserved for special occasions.

aeg8193
aeg8193

This smells like a light, slightly soapy version of Millesime Imperial without the sharp saltiness. Instead it's got a 'cold' vibe going on. I have a bottle of MI so I will not purchase this because of the similarities. But as soon as I run out of MI I'm gettin me a bottle fo sure

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

This is one of the most fascinating scents I have encountered. It really has two aspects. There's the smell of the perfume itself where you sprayed it on your skin. That's a really nice blend of green tea and black currant, which complements the tea marvelously, resting on top of a very clean, soft musk, with hints of bergamot. But it's when one forgets about sniffing oneself, and goes about the day doing non sniffing related things that something amazing happens. Every once in a while, that gentle sillage tickles the nose and wow... It smells exactly like what the perfumier who made it described it as. Cold, pure, clear snow melt water in a mountain stream, or rather the air that blows off of it. Well, honestly it's even better. Do you know that smell that's in the air, right at the beginning of spring, as the warmth of the new season starts to bring life and vitality back to the world? As the snow just starts to melt, the cold water carving little streams into it, still adding chill to the air, but the sun above warming you in spite of it? That's what the sillage is like! It's not just a scent, it's a feeling, and experience. So cool. In all senses of the word!

Silver Mountain Water is an absolutely wonderful, fresh, uplifting fragrance, perfect for beautiful, warm spring and hot summer days when a breath of mountain air really feels like a gift from the gods. I find with just a couple of sprays, it's perfect as far as strength goes. Don't overdo it though, as with too many sprays the sharpness of the green tea and the less pleasant aspects of the black currant tend to get overstated, and blemish some of the beauty of the scent.

This is one of those fragrances, by the way, where one smells it on oneself only infrequently (though those moments are brilliant), but reaches out to the noses of others quite reliably. So when testing it on your skin, which I recommend doing with anything in this price range before buying, don't make the mistake of assuming its purely a skin scent. The sillage is much more robust than you might assume.

mrs2241
mrs2241

چند دقیقه اول خیلی شبیه به اونتوسه...اما به مرور که میگذره بوش عوض میشه و بعد ار نیم ساعت دقیقا به شما رایحه ای با نوع طراحی 1995 رو تقدیم خواهد کرد...

pure_dreamer
pure_dreamer

If they could get rid of the "inky/metallic note " this stuff would be a marvellous creation in the world of niche perfumery....

..... But the ink notes make this fragrance totally unwearable and too expensive for what you get please get a few different samples of this first before you buy it or you will be disappointed like I am.

This is not aventus or MI, lets just leave it as that.

Rich28
Rich28

My experience after my first wearing of Creed's SMW. A play about a fragrance
by: Rich28

Chapter I.
It's late evening and I just opened and sniffed my bottle of SMW.

Rich to Sister: "Smell this" (sprays sister)
Sister: (Smells wrist) "Hmmm...this smells goooood, I'd wear it! It's light and resembles Millesime Imperial."
Rich: "It does"
Sister: (cheeky smile on her face),"You could give it to me like you did MI if you don't like."
Rich: Ahhhh...no...I'll be hanging on to this one.

Chapter II.
An hour later.

Rich to Brother: "smell this" (sprays wrist)
Brother: (sniffs wrist then looks at me with eyes open wide) "This one is exactly my style, what's it called?"
Rich: "Silver Mountain Water by Creed"
Brother: "Of all the fragrances you own, this one is the best I've smelt so far"

Chapter III.
The following day on my way to work with a coworker, nearly 2hrs after application.

Rich to Female Coworker#1: (At traffic light) "Smell this"
Female Coworker #1: (Sniffs arm)"Hmmmmm"...(grabs arm for a second sniff)"smells really good...Smells like a female could wear too"
Rich: "Yeah, it does...it's very unisex I think."

Chapter IV.
Mid morning (approx 10am.)at the office.

Female Coworker #2: (Passes me standing by the cubicle of another coworker chatting.) "Somebody smells really good." (she looks at me then says) "it's you"
Rich: (chuckles and says nothing)
Female Coworker #2: (sits at her cubicle) Hmmm...(shakes head obviously in appreciation of the fragrance) "That fragrance smells really nice."
Rich: (liking the attention, yet a bit self conscious) "Thanks"

Chapter V.
Conclusion after one day of wearing SMW.

Of all the fragrances I own, SMW wins the prize for soliciting the most emphatic compliment I've ever gotten. When your coworker reacts positively to your fragrance to the point where you begin to feel unconfortable, that's gotta say something.

horus11c
horus11c

The most under-rated fragrance in the house of Creed. This frag is a gem in the rough. Smells great and unique. I blind bought it and i am so glad i did , it is now my signature cologne. Longevity on my skin is equivalent to Aventus which is 8 hours +. Projection is only for the first 3 or 4 ours but you can still smell it for up to 8 hours in a 1 foot radius. My wife also loves it. she sprays it on when she says she wants to feel good.

antfarm
antfarm

It really does smell like how silver mountain water would smell, if such a thing existed.

It is fresh and cold with a slight aquatic '90s cologne feel to it, but the accompanying notes make it much more interesting than that. There is a metallic ozonic twinge in this that I really admire which brings to mind melting snow or the air after a thunderstorm.

Jwaks
Jwaks

smells like fruity, lemon green tea with hints of musk, very strong for a creed fragrance, I don't think it's for me.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
کاری بسیار خوشبو و دوست داشتنی
برند "کرید" واقعا و انصافا در انتخاب کارهایش بسیار دقت می نماید و مهمتر از همه اینکه اسانس های عطر هایش طبق پیشینه شرکت همگی از منابع طبیعی و اصلی استفاده می شوند مثلا به جای مشک صنعتی از مشک واقعی استفاده میکند و دلیل گران بودن و همچنین با دوام بودن عطر هایش همین استفاده از نت های اصلی می باشد
در بین کارهای کرید بشخصه این کارها را بسیار دوست دارم و از استشمام آنها لذت می برم:
همین عطر سیلور مانشن
مهرداد
E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com
Kik: mehrdad_gallery

rzetzm

This was EXACTLY the spring/summer scent I was looking for! Clean without strictness, relaxed but well-kept, easy-going yet mature...gosh, I absolutely adore SMW. Perhaps I personally enjoy it a shade more than Aventus simply because I can always droop down and have a sniff on myself - which honestly, is why I wear anything half the time. This fragrance, for me, definitely doesn't suffer from the weird issues with longevity that seems to plague Creed. My own greedy love of this aside, this is a magnificent scent, and a truly wonderful smell.

I am very hesitant with metallic, screechy scents; however, this was not the case. This is, as the bottle seems to insinuate, a bottle of heaven. Think deep, pure, majestic mountain air. Go out, find a bottle, and give it a whirl. It's that good.

Having smelled Bond's Hampton's I feel complied to make a quick comment. I unfortunately have long used up my bottle of Hampton's; I remember loving it. Something happens with Creed's take, though, that merges with my skin and seems to last and last - especially to my nose.

I am deeply infatuated with SMW and this will forever become a become a permanent part of my perfume collection.

Mirza
Mirza

You know what ? It is magnifico :) totally a brilliant fragrance to use at mid-night ,if you want to be a public figure lol

jetlife1977
jetlife1977

Creed Silver mountain is simply best creed in house in my imo....imperial and aventus wonder but only last four to five hours respectively but silver mountain on the other hand last amazing 8 hrs on my skin. As for the comparison to silver al rehab,don't believe hype. Try them both on your skin first. When smell rehab in bottle smell is similar but once spray on skin the initial blast on skin lemon a harsh lemon though. Creed opens with nice metallic citrus. The middle not same either al rehab still lemony while smv smells like sweet metallic berries. And lastly dry down al rehab doesn't creed typical base. Creed 10 and rehab 3; in this coming from critic.Smv and Mi definitely only creed must haves. Original santal does have better cheaper alternative montc blanc individual. Also love & luck does not to bad version of mi. But there no respectable versions smv period!

mohoyahya
mohoyahya

I could not find a competitor. If u did, let me know.

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

Inspired by the exhilarating crispness of mountain air and the purity of cascading alpine streams. With Citrus notes, Tea, Blackcurrant, Musk and Ambergris. A personal favourite of Olivier Creed.
Top notes: Bergamot, Mandarin, Neroli
Heart notes: Sea scent, Green Tea, Blackcurrant Bud
Base notes: Sandalwood, Musk
It was a first perfume I bought for my partner, and he adores this fragrance. I would say it can be unisex.

jht4060
jht4060

I join the chorus of praises for this remarkable scent. A spring day high in the Alps next to a rushing stream. It is so well crafted that it is hard to pick out the notes, and I prefer not to - it isn't bergamot, green tea, marine, silvery metal, and white musk, it is a mood, an attitude, an evocation. Silver Mountain Water makes me want to spin through a high meadow, arms stretched out, and burst into song as I crest the hill.

Added later - Luca Turin (coauthor of the turgid and pretentious "Perfumes: the A-Z guide) hates Silver Mountain Water (and misquotes the price). This alone is reason enough to buy it. :-)

Hill_knight
Hill_knight

Master perfumer Olivier CREED’s favorite, Silver Mountain Water evokes sparkling streams of water coursing through the snow-topped alps of Switzerland. A championship skier, Mr. CREED finds relaxation and renewal in this pure and bracing landscape.

Cathylenez
Cathylenez

This is my wished list
I've to test it and love this fragrance so much

dollastx
dollastx

Wonderful smell by the house of Creed. One of my all time favorites. This is staying in my collection for life. Thinking about getting the flacon.

mvc01230
mvc01230

I hated this cologne for the first 30 minutes for the first week of wearing it. After the first 30 minutes it was a pleasant and enjoyable scent that projected well and would last longer than any other fragrance on my skin. I put it up and didn't touch it for another week and have fell in love with the fragrance ever since.
If you have the money... BUY IT!!! My first Creed and I will be exploring more!

Extremely Universal, Great Quality, Very Unique

Contender for Signature Fragrance!!

9/10 Overall

SwagScent
SwagScent

The name fits this fragrance. It is similar to cool air. It is fresh, yet smell like ink. Strange in that way, but can easily be a signature scent.

vergil_s
vergil_s

I love this fragrance so much!
That's a valuable Birthday Gift from my lovely Girlfreind!
And that's my first Creed too! :D
I love Everything About this Scent!
It Evoke me snow-topped mountain, splendour and light of the mountaintop whit virgin snow! And Sparkling Stream of Water Coursing through narrow valley, Crystal-clear river and lakes!
Such a Bracing Landscape! :)
Silver Mountain opens up whit a fresh and kind of salty note!
But I like it so much!
This is very lush , smooth , sweet , charming fragrance whit a natural smell and great choice for summer , especially springtime!
Longevity is pretty bad! :(
عالی!
فوق العاده شیک.
از عطرای محبوب من تو خانواده کریده.
یه بوی خنک و شیرینی داره که توصیفش واقعا سخته.
اما من واقعا دوستش دارم.
چون اولین کریدم بود.
پخش بوش خوبه اما موندگاریش نه خیلی.
با احترام .
سعید.

Go4broke
Go4broke

I don't get it? All I can smell is pine and saliva. Horrible. Can't wait to wash it off. And yes, mine is a legit sample. Disappointing.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This is like a more expensive CK One, with a richer dirtier dry down. I have worn it but have gotten tired of it after a few days. Maybe it is not for the tropics.

It smells like tea and blackcurrant. The cat pee note is there and it would show on some people. It is a great perfume, but I can live without it.

bandarsaadseed
bandarsaadseed

This is a beautiful fragrance smell, but in the past was fragrant and firm up my friends Imidhouna terms Stability and Alfohan in past but now vitiated stability and Alfohan Mnadmin he became mimics this Alguetr and Aastahl this dear price of money

chirobi
chirobi

I just tried some of my sample for the first time and my heart practically did a somersault inside my bosom. I second RITSJOEY on the "love at first sniff" sentiment. There is something pristine and clear in this liquid that cuts through every other scent that I've encountered. It smells ethereal, but not so cold or distant that it would be extraterrestrial. Reminds of the song "Edel Weiss", or something pure, and white and green in color. I think I should try it on my clothes next time, cause something so clean and pure would just get soiled the minute it touches the skin.

I think this is slightly more masculine than feminine, but would generally agree with the unisex category. I am a woman and I would happily wear this perfume.

These are just my first impressions. It hasn't even been 30min. I was just so enthralled by it that I had to express it to other people who like perfume too. Time will tell whether this is a keeper.

EDIT 5/5/13
It's a keeper! Got a FB online for a lesser price. Really lovin' it.
EDIT 8/23/13
Don't think it's pure and clean anymore. The musk just makes the ladies swoon.

nemesis76
nemesis76

Thanks to a sales person many years ago at a high end store I was introduced to the House of Creed. She sprayed Silver Mountain Water on my wrist and I had to admit this was something unlike anything else I have ever smelled before. But when I saw the price I was like "holy snaps that's expensive!" But my goodness how times change...yes guys believe the hype...haters move along to your synthetic wastelands!

My very first impression on Silver Mountain Water...it was like a dose of flowers sprinkled with spice hit me but a minty and metallic freshness quickly followed it. As it wears down I felt it had a nice woody and sweet aroma to it which was very pleasant. It did last quite a while on me (like 8 hours) which was impressive. Its not that easy to describe so you really have to try it and you will either like it or hate it but its definitely not to be overlooked. It is a bit strong and believe me you will get noticed and till this very day I have never once received a negative comment. Even my sister wears it since it is considered a unisex fragrance and the guys she dates are always wondering what the heck is that nice fragrance she is wearing. I bought the small bottle for well over a $100 dollars but for me it was worth every penny.

So my bottle is almost empty but it stands proudly next to my Creed Aventus and Creed Himalaya. Will I buy another bottle? Perhaps but Aventus stole my heart not long ago so we will see. Heck yea guys this will make your girlfriends drool haha! I highly recommend it!

9 out of 10

Biliana

Sad to see only male opinions here. After all, the fragrance is universal.

Biliana

gianmarco, of course it`s NASTY. It`s nearly five times more expensive than your signature fragrance...
LOL

ritsjoey
ritsjoey

There are some fragrances which grow on you but SMW is not one of them!
It's love at first sniff...

I smelt it first time and I had an epiphany! For the first time I din't care if it was a men's fragrance, women's or unisex. I still don't get it why is it men's, coz it totally unisex but whatever, it's great!

I get the tea, I get the blackcurrant and I love the dry-down featuring sandalwood & musk.

I dont know why people keep saying it smells like the Swiss Alps! I'm pretty sure the Alps dont smell like blackcurrant! Most of the time, the marketing itself dictates us what we should imagine when we smell a fragrance, and as fragrance enthusiasts, we should know better...

If I have a problem with SMW - and I do - it is its poor sillage. It stays very close to the skin and except for the person wearing, no one knows of its existence. But it doesn't take away from the fact that it is one of the most pleasant-smelling fragrances out there!

Overall: 4.8

5 Nose-gasm
4 Awsome sauce!
3 Good but not exciting enough
2 Meh!
1 Hell to the no!

Looking forward to...

wchickillo
wchickillo

SMW is certainly a unique fragrance from Creed. its a fresh, green, and sharp fragrance. I can definitely see where it gets its name, as i actually smells like your somewhere in the swiss alps. Its not an overpowering fragrance which is nice because i was almost expecting that. very refreshing. i almost get a minty aroma from it. Very natural and cool smelling. I like this one a lot.

freestyle
freestyle

Unique and aromatic fragrance.. it smell soo fresh, pure, and natural.. and very milky and soapy.. thats why when u spray 4x to your body, peoples will tell you whether u've just take a shower every minute^^

brian7819
brian7819

I just bought this fragrance and it is supposed to be delivered today. I have smelled it in the past and loved it but have never had the chance to wear it. I have heard that the longevity is sub-par but we will see because I am a huge fan of the house of Creed!!!!

aventus88
aventus88

this fragrance is so amazing that even the fake one smell good !

keffy
keffy

This is not worth it people, dont waist your money, its very INKY and it doesn't last long.

editionblanche
editionblanche

ALGUEM SABE ONDE POSSO ENCONTRAR PERFUMES DA CREED E AMOUAGE AQUI NO BRASIL?
GRATO

Odiee99
Odiee99

This is without a doubt a great fragrance. It is a very refreshing fragrance. SMW reminds you of ice cold water running down the side of a snowy peak with a slight metallic smell. This is perfect for those hot summer days.

Like others have pointed out if you like this but find the price too steep opt for Al Rehab Silver, which can be purchased for just around $6.00. Smell just like SMW and it lasts all day. Another great alternative to this is Sun Java White. I purchased a bottle for only $17 and I can tell you it is nearly identical to SMW, only it has a softer more powdery nature. Both of these are excellent pickups. If you like SMW definitely try one of these out.

Absolutely fabulous!
There is no other.
Fresh, bright, luminous and EXTRA lasting on my skin.

Two things I can find to explain why SMW hasn't been "right" on someone, are: hot and heating lights in the perfume-shop or personal skin chemistry. I can't understand why those bright lights are on the shelves...

Here in Finland, we can't get to shop special- or high class-brands. It's Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Burberry or Chanel that rules. No imagination there.
And everything has to be new or recently released scents.
Example, can't even get/find LouLou (cacharel), unless you go to a day trip on a boat to Estonia or Sweden.
So, what I'm trying to say:
Silver Mountain Water is unique.
To me at least, because, in what should i be comparing this to then...?
;-)
HAH, I say!

Shanester66

Highly recommend this juice for Summer time guys!!

Shanester66

An absolute win! My first encounter with the House of Creed...this will definitely be my everyday fragrance. Very nice...just right for everyday where (for me anyway). My search is over....for now! lol Highly recommend!

Screech-powers
Screech-powers

Boom

Awesome, Love the longevity. 7 days later i could still smell the tester card! Loved t so got some!

10/10 from moi!

fubar1963
fubar1963

Oh man, are we now getting to the point where we dis others' opinions? I thought this was an open minded community! :) There is no crime in perfume, other than good houses making substandard juice! :)

bsbnsc
bsbnsc

It's just personal thing so don't take it serously. It smells like mountain dew + rubber. absoltuely disgusting

Biliana

@sherapop: I consider it a crime comparing Creed to Moschino. :-)

It's creeds best IMO there's nothing that smells like this. The black currants and green tea give this a real rich earthy smell to it. Great longevity and projection. When you wear this people know you take pride in the perfume u wear

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

I smelled this in the store. Its really nothing special at all. To me it smells like a sweeter version of Set Sail St. Berts. But less citrusy and almost plum like. To the naked nose it just smells like an old lady. I had to walk away from the pretty white bottle and imagine who would wear it. Honestly it smelled like the inside of an old lady's purse. Yeah its okay. But.. Not realistic.

bcoops
bcoops

I sampled this today, I love the scent but to bad the double spray the woman did to my arm 2 hrs ago is gone. :(
strange, the opening made me think of salt water not mountain water

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Very greeny-herbal refreshing scent. Slightly sweet, I do not get much blackcurrant but I do like the sweet, herbal effect from the blending which is masterful.

It becomes a very strange scent for me in the mid-notes as violet and an inky/metallic note appears. I was really expecting the tea to develop, but got little to none. More mystery.

But I think should be a top sampler scent, it seems like a work of art and many give credit to the blending again here.

3/5.

yella_light
yella_light

A very unique scent and done well from the house of Creed. However, it's not a scent I would wear. This fragrance can be worn by some people for certain occasions. Especially those who want to stand out from the crowd.
It's nice and elegant, but too much for me.
Price tag for something like this doesn't justify.
For those who want something that'll last longer with stronger projection for a fraction of the price, they should try Silver, by Al-Rehab
(2-3 sprays max)

Smell: 2 stars
Overall: 2 stars

Kain
Kain

A great fragrance for spring and summer.
The opening of this fragrance is fresh and green with almost salty vibe!
I think the salty vibe is because of the patchouli note!
The green tea note mixed with patchouli and some black currant give us a great fresh and natural smell.
In the drydown the black current become more intense and because of the musk, you have a milky vibe.
People also say smells like ink! yeah, something like that but it's not chemical at all!
Very smooth and pleasant smell.
The smell doesn't change on my skin in the base.
Great projection but average longevity.
يه عطر بسيار خوشبو و شاداب، مناسب براي بهار و تابستان
رايحه اوليه اين عطر خنك و گياهي هست با كمي بوي تقريبا ترش و شور. خيلي كم البته
تركيب رايحه چاي سبز و بلك كورنت كه نميدونم چي چي هست اما طبق ديكشنري ميشه كشمش سياه، يه بوي گياهي و سبز به ما ميدن با اضافه كمي هم نعناي هندي كه اونو كمي تند و ترش ميكنه
در ادامه بوي همين رايحه بلك كورنت قويتر ميشه به اضافه كمي رايحه مُشك كه بويي شيري مانندي ايجاد ميكنن
بعضي از دوستان ميگن كه يه بويي شبيه جوهر خودنويس داره! نه مثل اون شيميايي اما يه همچين حسي بهتون ميده، منتها گياهي و طبيعي
در ادامه بوي عطر تغيير چنداني نميكنه تا عطر از روي پوستتون محو بشه
پخش بوش خيلي خوبه اما ماندگاري متوسطي داره
اگه به كيفيت اهميت ميدين و طبيعي بودن رايحه عطر براتون مهمه، محصولات كريد واقعا عالي هستن. اما اگه دنبال اين هستين كه چون مثلا 300 تومن پول دادين بايد يه هفته رو پوستتون بمونه و همه هم متوجه بشن، برين يه جاي ديگه دنبال عطر بگردين!!!! البته اين قضيه يه چيز كلي بود

temo.elhanafy
temo.elhanafy

perfect natural and herbal scent..but poor sillage and lasting power
people around you can notice ur scent for 2 hours max. but after couple of hours it become close to the skin then disappear!
dont worth its price whic is so overstated in my opinion for this poor sillage and projection.

scent 8/10
sillage 5/10
longevity 6/10

natefifield
natefifield

My favorite Creed perfume. I would wear it daily just for the seductive pleasure I get from it, but unfortunately, my wife hates it, and others I have asked don't like it as much either. So it provokes strong reactions, both positive and negative.

It has a wonderful, unapologetic musk, which is what I love about it. The musk is so strong it's almost dirty, almost like sex, truly a pungant animalic.

While this much musk could be overpowering, Creed cleans it up with this stunning silver smell, like the smell of a licked silver spoon. This silver quality evens out the musk, gives it lift, air and space.

I'm not sure why they called it Silver Mountain Water. I smell the silver of course, but this is definately not an aquatic. I suppose it has an exoticism to it that you might find permeating from wild folliage on forsaken mountain peaks, and maybe a bit of the dirtiness and sweat of the mountain goats and sheephearders. This is not a criticism. What I love most about this is it's base, instinctual animalic quality.

But in the end, I think this is a perfect marriage opposites: animal and machine. The musk is the animal, the sexual, and the silver is the machine, the cold clarity and structure.

Bravo. An increadible work of art and seduction.

Biliana

You should correct this - Silver Mountain is a unisex fragrance, as well as many of Creed scents and it's clearly indicated on Creed's official website.
In love with it, will add it to my collection very shortly.

Attar
Attar

Grand, totally deserved its name of royal perfume scent from this noble, old and elegant house.
Three main dominant notes (currant, musk and tea) makes the scent sounds very airy, noble, fresh, luxurious.
I find SMW smooth, subtle, refreshing, elegant and very masculine. It makes me feel a bit aristocracy.
At first sniff i felt smth milky, soapy, weak and strange - this was my first impression a couple years ago when i was young and had a lack of understanding of high perfumery.
Now when i became a bit older, a bit experienced i must say: Creed fragrances are age/lifestyle-depending scents (like Kilian, Montale, Amouage, Caron, TF etc.) so be sure the aroma, u fell in love with, suits you according to these 2 standards, it's important if u don't want to be dissapointed.
PS. It's the third day since i sprayed SMW on my hand and still there's a distinct trace of the frag, especially its' signature fresh-metallic flavor, which makes it's so stylish and top-notch!
Brilliant creation!

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

Like a fresh mountain stream running through the woods.Cold and clean,you can feel the icy air.Very
exhilarating,but what is this now?...A metallic layer,
strange,very metal like,as if I put coins in my mouth.
Thankfully it has no lasting power!

cikonan
cikonan

Smell like thousand flowers. I feel that there is a little bit of Arabian influence with this perfume.

kathy_g
kathy_g

This fragrance is designed for men.. but i'm a girl and like to used it occasionnaly when i'm in sport/gym spirit... It's clean and safe for use it anywhere and kind of unisex..since it sounds not "too masculine".

AndrzejK

Beautiful - best for the summer. Very clean, fresh (thanks to tea, blackcurrant and violet accords) - you can feel freshness, cold water, grass and all the unspoilt nature around.

A great frag although disappears too quickly from my skin so I have to reapply very often to have the possibility to smell it on (thus I had 120 ml bottle only during my holidays - if you want to smell it on, you have to re-apply it every three-four hours) . Despite weak projection on my skin it is a must for me for warm spring and summer months.

Creed should work on longevity and sillage of its fragrances though.

frantz.louverture
frantz.louverture

It smells just like Sun Java white for men. If you want a cheap one , use Sun java white.

CGV
CGV

Man, I tell you! What a piece of Art this is. So appropriately named, it evokes the peace & quiet world of mountains with its fresh uplifting air. I climbed a few myself although the highest being being barely above 2000m but this scent really captures the feeling of such trips. Sometimes if you walk among mountain peaks you feel a sort of "pressure" of respect that you develop for these amazing creatures of nature and Iam not kidding, I even smell this feeling in SMW. Its somehow in there. Its a masterpiece and togehther with Virgin Island Water the very best you can get.

NYprospect
NYprospect

I love it but it is too pricey.Considering this could be my staple and a signature scent,i may save up my pennies.I have Al rehab's silver oil for my fix.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Like most of creed they didn't do anything unique but extremely good quality.
It does reminded me of ck one those type of scent in much naturel way.
Very green and have clear citrus pattern in it, i wonder why citrus isn't in the note pyramid!
To have this price for the smell,i wouldn't recommand it.
A naturel herbal citrusy smell with very good projection and average longevity.
Suitable for warm weather.

calyx93
calyx93

A nice, but overrated scent IMO. Initially it seems like top-notch and exquisite for fragrance novices who've only experienced mainstream/designer compositions. But once this person has sampled enough of "better" and more nice/well-composed scents, it soon fades from memory.

Again, I'm not denying it has a lovely, fresh and beguiling presence - it certainly can help train new noses to base aromachemicals like ambroxan and iso-e-super. Many years back it might just have incorporated higher-quality components rather than now - but I consider this frag as a gateway scent to propel the user to seek out compositions that take the art even further.

Once more - I do actually like this scent since it marks a change in fragrance perception for myself many years ago. And I do still continue to wear it on occasions that have a need for a very "white" and fresh feel - but recently I feel that this occasion is happening less often.

OZ
OZ

Nice, fresh and non-offensive. I keep thinking that I have smell this before. The scent is very elegant and classy, it also casual enough to wear daily. A very beautiful scent, still I wonder if its price is really worth purchasing

talnyc
talnyc

Several years ago, I fell in love with this scent. For some reason, I loved it and I am a woman, but it is clearly a men's scent. I do not know what it was about it, but as this point in my life, I would buy it for my man, but not for me.

It is very appealing for a man, but I do not know what I was thinking when I was so "head over heels" over it for myself.

illwit
illwit

Starts well fresh and clean and ends like a "trashy metallic smell".

It is on my shelf for years and I use it vey rarely just to convince myself that it was not a total money waste.

Please, never make a blind buy on Silver mountain water. Please TEST it, and make sure it suits you.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A scent which on paper is one of the best of all time but on me, adds a spicy twist which completely ruins it..

0-5 mins - fantastic, fresh, clean air, natural ingredients without heaviness of earth feeling, sexy and modern, this is reserved for the top dog - from the Quarter Back in U.S football to the lead pianist in the Albert Hall - this transcends who can wear it, forgetting artform, but consistently the best...

5 mins -2 hours- Projects ok but now 50% spiciness kicks in which never appeared on the paper, and has runied the special moment completely. Projection around 1 foot around

2 hours- 5 hours. Projects approx 6 inches, linear scent. Close to the skin

Perhaps just my chemistry, not sure, but not for me when on my skin, gutted, as on paper it smelt absolutely stunning

Smells 95% the same as Silver Al-Rehab. Al-Rehab cost £5 and lasts and projects better!!!!

thegadabout
thegadabout

This is the best thing I have ever smelled in my life.

My god. I had an ex-boyfriend who wore this and raved about it. Things didn't work out with him, but man, I'll always remember the blackcurrant silver mountain water. It smells exactly how it sounds. Probably the only perfume I've ever seen that is as aptly named.

The thing I probably love most about it is that it's ultra-refreshing and icy without being too heavy on the citrus stuff.

It's wonderful.

gianmarco

i really dont like this, too feminine for a man, i purchased a big bottle blind and regret it. Just my opinion

lucky-boy
lucky-boy

IT IS A MASTERPIECE!
I really don't know what to say about this. It's freezing.
When Silver Mountain Water goes to a formal party, all the other perfumes will bend in front of it, because it's too unique and alluring and royal and really beautiful and lux. It says I'm expensive!
I really have to buy it.
It's so unique that it can't be used everyday. It's just for special occasions.
Thumbs up Creed!
Uniqueness: 11/10!!!! Because it's so special.
Projection: 10/10
Longevity: Absolutely 10/10
What can I say?! Just PERFECT
Overall 10/10

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

Just a simple review from me (28-year-old Male from bay area, CA)

This is the seventh Creed fragrance I've purchased.

I originally did not go into Neiman Marcus thinking I was going to purchase this, as I originally had my mind made up on purchasing Erolfa--which I might purchase next. The sales lady who knows me very well for purchasing fragrances convinced me into purchasing this and was surprised at the fact that I don't already own this.

This is an interesting fragrance, versatile for any season, any occasion, any time of day/night, for a male/female of any age.

The green tea note is the most domininant on my skin. Perhaps this is Creed's Himalaya with Bvlgari's Green Tea mixed in?

I never thought about this, but after reading other reviews on Silver Mountain Water, I actually can smell "ink" in this fragrance. But since Creed is higher-end in fragrances, I'll just consider it a classier ink--calligraphic perhaps? LOL

Other reviews mention "cold freezer air", and that I have yet to think about...I don't spend time sniffing out the freezer for me to understand and relate.

Other than that, this isn't my favorite but it does get thumbs up in my book.

meshary007
meshary007

Icy frish muscles from Creed House

You hit sour Black currant green tea with icy mountain winds .

The original mix according to Creed :
In his workshop, Mr. CREED blends bergamot, mandarine, petitgrain, green tea and a touch of musk with black currant

silentrich
silentrich

Fantastic fragrance from Creed. Sillage is perfect, longevity is excellent, and the scent itself is outstanding. Perfectly balanced unisex as it's not too femanine nor masculine. Don't try to compare it to other fragrances because there isn't one. It's unique and in a very good way. Many of the Creeds have longevity issues which really is their only downfall for the price. This one has it all and many will say Creeds aren't worth the price and blah..blah..blah. One thing that they won't say is that they smell cheap or synthetic. When you buy a Creed your buying a timeless fragrance. Often copied but never exceeded.

Perfumefreak

Oh my, yes indeed SMW is clear, sharp, cool and !ultra! lasting!!!! Scent stays on my clothes and I can feel it near me the next morning.
On me, SMW doesn't change its character that much but I can detect undertones after 2 hours.
I'm loving this. Even though this is unisex, on my opinion it feels quite masculine.
Well, SMW is a scent man can borrow the next morning, when a lady invites for "a cup of coffee" after a datenight. I sure would like to cuddle a guy wearing this!!!! Because I'm wearing it !!
;-)

ososigma16
ososigma16

This is a great fragrance, may be a little bit overpower at start but soon as you get the drydown it turns really pleasant, perfect for those hot days of spring and summer start, my recommendation will be to get a sample before you do a blind buy, not all people like the start of this fragrance.

A good release from Creed. A fresh and slightly metallic summer fragrance with a mysterious twist. Tea (IMO black tea), black currant and citruses in the opening joined by a metallic note that's amazingly (and surprisingly) pleasant. The musky drydown has all of the Creed's hallmarks. For better or for worse. A good fragrance but try it first.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

There are two batch variations of Silver Mountain Water out there, one with a mineral green tea pungency and the other boasting blackcurrant. Both versions have blackcurrant and green tea, but the poles are reversed depending on which you end up with, and you get either a tea-forward or berry-forward rendition. I prefer the former, but it seems lately most have been receiving the latter when they purchase or sample Silver Mountain Water, and that's a shame.

The grittier green tea batch is a truly wonderful fresh scent, one that takes the brightness of citrus and the bitter greenness of the tea and fills it out with berry and ambergris accords. Taken together, the inkjet printer note is perceived, although not really a formal element of the composition. This version is found in older bottles.

The fresher blackcurrant batch has a very bright citrus and aquatic-berry top, which transitions into a negligibly darker tea and ambergris base. There isn't a whole lot to this version - it's basically fresh, lemony, and clean. Like Millesime Imperial, it's also boring, and more than a little effeminate.

I prefer the darker Green Irish Tweed and Himalaya over Silver Mountain Water, although if you are a fan of fruity aquatics, I can understand the appeal here. Given the unpredictability of the batches (which is charming in most other instances with Creed), I can't fully endorse this unless you're a young woman looking for something well-made and a bit different. In this regard, and for those who prefer offbeat scents, you can't go wrong, but in all other cases you're better off looking elsewhere.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I will probably be called nuts about this but this one and Himalaya are so close to me in scent that I almost want to say that they are interchangeable. This one is milder though but more metallic. I do like it though and wouldn’t mind having it. Also, I am judging the drydown which is really quite nice.

gianmarco

Im buying this blind, as all the reviews sold me, got a good price on ebay so decided to go along with it. I hope this scent is great

i dont like this scent, smells wierd, the first spray is nice, but if u spray it again it overpowers it and leaves a very strong mecanical scent...

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

This is SEX in a bottle.. In love with it. I can smell it on any one while kilometers away.. I think this is how heaven smells like.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

I read that David Bowie wears this.

Papi
Papi

I fell in love with this one, very pricey fragrance indeed. I compared it to Himalaya, and they are totally different. I wouldn't say Himalaya is better, it's just different, more sporty and fresh.

The only problem is, that I can see myself wearing it ONLY if I wear white clothes and reject any sins! And bath in milk, lol.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

If anyone has read or seen the movie "The Perfume" might remember the part where Master Baldini smells the perfume that Grenouille had created for him when they first met. He opens the bottle, smells the aroma, and suddenly everything around him is transformed into a beautiful flower garden, then a woman slowly approaches him and says to his ear: "I love you" This is one of the few perfumes that when I first smelled it literally made me feel that way... For a few seconds I thought I was in heaven.

Beyond notes, duration, longevity or sillage, this perfume is just wonderful. My all time favorite.

JeanMaurice

Please guys, don't put notes like patchouly and violet root when it's not in there...

REAL NOTES (taken from OFFICIAL site) are:

* Top Notes: Bergamot, mandarin
* Middle Notes: Green tea, black currant
* Base Notes: Galbanum, musk, sandalwood, petit grain

floriana
floriana

No doubt, one of the best Creed's composition. Clear and could, fresh and warm. Simple, but in one way intriguing.
Noble and unique.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

What can I say about SMW? It's beautifully done. Best worn in fall/winter weather or spring IMO! It last all day but extremely close 2 the skin. The tea note is wonderful! I love scents like this, but I also love my scents to project enough that others will say gosh, u smell great! Nevertheless a really nice fragrance especially when it starts to dry down!

When my CREED samples arrived today (Thanks sherapop!) This is the one I opened first, drawn not by the reviews below or the notes, but the name. SMW to me evokes the freshness of a mountain lake or fast moving brook...clean, clear, fresh, and Silver? Why it is one of my favorite colors and my jewelery metal of choice. SMW did not disappoint me one bit...

The notes are listed as if this is a linear scent, however I noticed a distinct development with this. It opened fresh and slightly sweet and as it began to dry I felt the distinct impression that I was floating, the scent was so light and pure. It is a very unisex frag but infinitely more well-done than most. The violet root adds just a glint of a metallic feel and is earthy and juicy at the same time, yet never dirty or "muddy". The only note even vaguely aquatic is the currant, and it's just enough to lend a watery feel without smellin 'caloney'. This smelled great in the vial, wonderful on my skin inside but when I stepped outside and the breeze hit me it truly blossomed into something so much more than the notes in the bottle...heavenly!! Four and a half hours later I can still smell the fresh airiness of it and the patchouli is clean and the musk light. This is great for summer/spring but would be quite refreshing in the fall also. This incorporates air, water and earth in a composition that transcends them all...

Sillage: close but good
Longevity: decent
Overall: 4.25/5

The green tea note in this is well blended and not as prominant as say cK 1 or a Bvlgari scent but it complements the other notes enough to freshen them without being too much like a hot cuppa Celestial Seasonings...

Rose Zircon
Rose Zircon

Great unisex fragrance.. =D
I'm a woman but I want to have Full Bottle of this clean, fresh, cool breeze, lovely, everyday fragrance, for myself.. =D
It's very executive-class..
Not too flowery, not too masculine.. A perfect unisex fragrance!! =D
& I like this much more better than Eau De Cartier which is Unisex too.. ^^
What a pity, the price is so high.. =(

denmaz
denmaz

If you like this scent but don't want to pay high price, try Silver from Al-Rehab.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

CREED MASTERPIECE , this is a unique fragrance ,fresh , sweet ,light , flowery .I cant describe it only i can say its marvelous & amazing Its my No 1 top favourate fragrance for ever.
i love it? Im obsessed by it.

To my nose, Creed SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER bears a remarkable similarity to the openings of Moschino CHEAP & CHIC and OH! Some serious organic chemistry synthesis has gone into this little test tube, er, vial.

Not my cup of tea, although tea is apparently a note in this composition, along with others which I usually like. I just find that the overwhelmingly synthetic quality drowns out the natural notes. It's all too cold and forbidding. Not really masculine; not really feminine. It's so uninviting that I would label it asexual. Might be related structurally to some of the Calvin Klein liquids sold in gallon jugs and marketed as uni-frags to "modern" couples who dress only in black and white.

SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER reminds me a bit of shiny chrome kitchen appliances: interesting to look at from a distance, prefer not to touch. Definitely do not want them in my home.

SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER reminds me of Splenda. Or Nutrasweet. Or Saccharin. Or Cyclamates. (I really prefer sugar.)

SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER is cubic zirconium. Or cut glass.

Bright metallic violet root and green tea with hints of soil and patchouli. It smells like clean dirt, if you think of garden dirt in Spring. The onset is pretty nasty, but it dries down to a great summer scent, all green notes with sappy pepper. It's fresh without being aquatic or masculine, and I liked it a lot, but in the end it doesn't work on my skin as well as I'd like.

falovalo
falovalo

Another Creed fragrance that Olivier Creed probably thinks is worth it's weight in gold. Silver Mountain Water is a boring affair, just blackcurrants at the onset and musk on the drydown. It's not horrible, but it's certainly not remarkable and in my opinion, not worth hundreds of dollars.

pirata
pirata

This is a beautiful fragrance, so fresh and clean, it really makes you think of a beautiful mountain top with trees surrounding the base with a wonderful blue cloudless sky. Many people tend to smell a strong ink note, but I dont notice it very much, maybe its just me. I dont see anything wrong with this fragrance other than the fact that it could last a little bit longer, but other than that, this fragrance really is a piece of work. Its a great fragrance to wear during the spring or summer, but I see nothing wrong with wearing it year round. It is said to be Olivier Creeds fravorite, and for good reason. This scent has class, from beginning to end.

belletresor
belletresor

I wanted to like anything Creed, but am so glad I purchased a small decant to try before spending the huge $$ on this! It just did not excite me. I waited and waited for it to dry down into something vaguely enjoyable but that never happened. I just ended up washing it off and assuming my nose just isn't sophisticated enough to run with the Creed crowd!

Wasn't horrible like the other two Creed scents I tried, but definitely did not knock my socks off....and for the price there is NO WAY I would spend that to be underwhelmed.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I've tested it several times in the past four years and it's always seemed too sweet. I'm a big fan of Creed's scents, but I can't seem to appreciate this one. I've read it's Mr. Creed's favorite.

andrew85
andrew85

and incredible sexy, young, clean, expensive and fresh musky smell.... perfect tea, musk combo... like you are in a cold mountain smelling the fresh air that come from it in a sunny morning.. Irresistible... love this. another winner from Creed.

JeanMaurice

I have to sample this one again. I love this scent. It's young, mature, classic, modern easy to wear etc... well balanced one. Maybe a little weak but anyway a great scent!

edited: less lasting power= 2hours

9,5/10

rafaeleleniz
rafaeleleniz

I bought Silver Mountain Creed expecting something aquatic, fresh, cool, but I sprayed it on me and I got this strong flowery, fruity smell so I gave it to my wife telling her: I got this perfume but it is too feminine for me so you may want to use it. But a couple of hours later it was still going strong and the smell was still the same, and I started to like it. By late in the afternoon it was still going strong and the scent was still exactly the same and like it even better. Now it is still "my wife" cologne, but I am the one that uses it, I love it, people around me tell me how good I smell, and lasts all day long. Most colognes change thru the day, sometimes you love the opening notes, sometimes the bass notes or whatever, but with this one you would not have the problem, it smells exactly the same from the very beginning in the morning until late in the evening, and still it is strong. In 3 words "I love it"

guest_JACques
guest_JACques

A lovely fragrance. It's rather soft and sweet. It's fresh and works well even with women. It's not as strong or bracing as one would probably expect from the name though. The green tea note rounded out the floral ones well so it didn't smell too flowery.
I wanted to buy this one but it smelled a little close to the Creed Millesime Imperial which was my previous scent. At least compared to the others available.
And compared to the Himalaya, its scent faded a little quicker than I'd want, especially in hotter climates.

guest_diva
guest_diva

I read in InStyle that Jamie Foxx loves this one. Can't blame him .. the aroma of neroli, blackcurrants, tea and the creed base with a marine note is irresistible. Works well on women too.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is in between a like and dislike, its more feminine than i had anticipated,my wife says it smells like something from estee lauder. That killed me.lol

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

Fresh, sweet, light, fun, and unique. This fragrance is a delight. It isn't powerful, and at first I thought it weak. But it is really growing on me.

It has a staying power that I had not noticed before, probably because of either olfactory fatigue or temporary selective anosmia, which is common with me.

I sprayed it on in this morning and it lasted me until afternoon. One refresher, and I'm good to the end of the day.

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Silver mountain water. By the name I expected, cold fresh mountain air blowing through my hair, feeling the mist of a water fall. But unfortunately, all you get is black currant. Black currant does however, pick up the qualities of what you would expect a mountain to smell like but I think it lacks a few notes to make it a wonderful fragrance.

guest_Swoosh
guest_Swoosh

Hooked on it the first time I use it. Never want to buy other perfumes anymore

Leo
Leo

The best cologne from creed...
I do love it... love it so much...

You can smell the ice of the peak of the mountain.
It freezes you..

A fabulous cologne!!

Silver Mountain Water by Creed 4.29 out of 5 based on 993 ratings and 192 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Silver Mountain Water fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Silver Mountain Water, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Silver Mountain Water by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Silver Mountain Water by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.