Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

leather
smoky
Spice and Wood Creed for women and men Pictures

Spice and Wood is the second release in Creed's Royal Exclusives line. Less than 500 bottles of this limited edition unisex scent will be released.

The legendary love story of Cleopatra and Marc Antony inspired Spice and Wood, which celebrates the treasures of Europe and the Orient. The fragrance is presented in a Pochet glass decanter etched with the CREED family crest, topped with a sculptural cap.

Spice and Wood opens with aromas of Italian bergamot, Egyptian lemon and aromatic apples. Middle notes reveal Angelica root, rose, clove, desert peppers, patchouli and white birch. The composition finishes with a trail of cedar, Egyptian iris, oak moss and musk. Spice and Wood was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot Lemon Apple

Birch Patchouli Angelica Clove Pepper

Musk iris oak moss Cedar

Spice and Wood Fragrance Reviews

Yushcan
Yushcan

Very classy. One of the best from Creed. If someone does not like Creed any frag - strongly recommend Not just try, buy and wear and, sure, you'll fall in love. Need a time to understand Creed and appreciate the elegance, the quality, the philosophy.
This frag is completely the same as Clive Cristian X, after 20 minutes there is no difference, the only - Clive is stronger and longevity is its Plus. Both expensive. All year round day and night frag for any occasion. Can be signature frag for those who tried and had almost everything, otherwords - who tired from "niche uniquness" :) and want to be distinctive staying in niche aside )))

Alisha76
Alisha76

I love it. I just love it. Smokey, woodsy, spicy, I feel as if I am glamping with each sniff. My description will not do it justice.

Let's say I don't have $700 to purchase my own bottle. Is there another comparable scent that I could fall in love with AND afford? (and don't say French Lover!)
Please advise!

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

Firstly I must thank my beautiful friend Justin for allowing me the pleasure to sample this fragrance.

I love being able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and really experience nature. Every time I come up here I am reminded just why we bought this cabin. Leaving the warmth of my lover and the bed we share, I step outside into the crisp thin air, my early morning walk greeted by the friendly reminded of last night's campfire. Clean and smokey remnants of smouldering pine needles sweeten the light fog blanketing the understory of impressive forest that dwarfs me.

As I journey into the maze of pine and cedar pillars, tiny shards of sunlight push through the canopy and cling to to the fog, illuminating it's dissipating density and igniting my hope for another beautiful spring day ahead. Biting into the yellow skin of my morning snack never ceases to make me cringe, just a little. That juxtaposed composition of smooth and rough of it's shiny skin, as well as that furry white pith, leave my mouth hurriedly, yet it is almost as though both texture and taste stay with me indefinitely. Now with an opening to get my thumb under, I peel back the remainder of it's thick protective coating in search of that unique bright and bitter juicy flesh. Impossible to eat with any sort of gentlemanly style, half of it's juice inevitably ends up soaking my beard and staining my fingers, if only to remind me of it's bittersweet gift throughout the day.

Nature now calls. I use denim as my hand towel to ensure the citrus doesn't sting sensitive skin. As the salty liquid leaves my body and hit's the pine needles at the base of the tree before me, a warm heady cloud of masculine animalic muskiness rises up from the soaking ground and tickles my nose. I can't say that I find this in any way unpleasant. I zip up and start moving again.

As I make my way out of the thicket and into a clearing, I feel the sun on my back and a warmth in my heart. I can hear the familiar chug of a chainsaw close by. They're always having to clear the fallen around here. The slight breeze carries with it a multi-faceted aroma of this dissection. It must be a freshly fallen totem, as a green and sappy sweetness underwrites the dry and peppery cloud dispersed as blade meets wood. Such a beautiful scent. It's almost boozy balsamic resinous tone synonymous with these parts. As long as that buzzing hum of man against nature drones in the distance, so to will the air be thick with this cedar symphony.

It's actually quite warm now. I spot the roadhouse, the one that's been there for as long as I can remember, and with a slight sweat breaking on my brow I decide to treat myself to something cold and sweet. Rummaging through what little is left in the freezer box I decide on a lemonade popsicle. Such an icon of adolescence, the cool, fresh and slightly milky sweetness melts away closer to the core with each refreshing taste. I like to suck on it rather than bite it, as not only does it last longer, it also makes for a smoother and more subtle sweetness. I hit the stick. I am sure I pull a face every time I do. But I don't want this sweet and cool sensation to end so I don't stop until I am virtually tasting untreated pine.

I figure the popsicle stick is bio-degradable so I throw it into the forest from which it came and start to make me way back to the cabin, and to my lover.
I pass by the clearing, the scent of cedar still rife. I pass by the tree I marked earlier, the musky trail I left warmed by the sun beating down upon it. I pass by the grapefruit skin I dropped, like breadcrumbs back to the gingerbread house. And now I am home again. I hear the shower running. I figure it's my turn when he's done. I strip down and add my clothes to the pile of his. I spot his briefs. I can't help myself. I bring the soft grey cotton to my nose. They're still warm, and slightly moist from the heat of his body, his scent, his signature, trapped inside the fibres of his second skin. Not sure if I want a shower now.

Manny44

Update: Made me reach for my Decant of French Lover. Never realized how much Cedar can smell like Vetiver. Anyways, I splitting with my split (rimshot) and selling my 20ml decant on Ebay for a more than reasonable price. Check it out if your interested.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Holy Spice and Wood! My split arrived the other day and I literally creamed my pants when I tested one spray on my wrist...nothing sexual, it's just that I was eating an ice cream cone at the time and my mind went blissfully numb after getting a whiff of this fragrance. I dripped ice cream all down my pants since I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist; Creed Spice & Wood is oh so, oh so, oh so good!

Unlike Tuscan Leather and all the Oud fragrance I love, but the women do not (trust me, most love the fresh, clean and sweet scents)...the women in my life also really liked this one. Anyway, some fragrances are skin scrubbers while others are pants scrubbers. Creed Spice and Wood is definitely a pants scrubber IMO. (LOL)

One of the few "Perfect 10" fragrances I have in my scent arsenal; a masterpiece!

Manny44

Shocked to see there is no vetiver in this. That is primarily what I'm getting. Vetiver, Lemon, and oakmoss.
Raw clove too i guess. LIke the reviewer below said, close to Malles' French Lover.

vserdar
vserdar

To my nose very similar to french lover

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I own many outstanding niche fragrances and without hesitation, I would have to give this fragrance a perfect 10. Additionally, it is so versatile and easy to wear that I've named it my signature fragrance. I reach for this one more often than any other fragrance I own (Molecule 01 might be an exception)....Spice & Wood opens with a strong -eye opening- blast of woods and spiced apples that some say resembles cognac. I can somewhat see this correlation but this is not what comes to mind because it is so clean, I just don't get the alcoholic drink vibe. The patchouli and clove are barely noticeable and add a nice touch. The dry down is divine and reminds me of a brand new suede leather jacket!!! I find this fragrance to be an absolute masterpiece worthy of wearing for virtually any occasion (weddings, gym, picnics, etc...) and it gets me compliments whenever I wear it. I bought the flacon after owning a smaller Creed atomizer filled with it and I've noticed a difference. With the atomizer, I needed to spray it approximately 6-7 times to get the performance I was seeking but with the flacon, the projection is monstrous and 2 sprays to the neck/and 1 spray to each wrist is suffice for the day. With any Creed, you will notice that if you go light on the trigger, it will have an effect on the performance. My advice is to spray this fragrance generously and you will have no issues with performance. Well worth the money in my opinion, life is too short to haggle over the price, if you love it, buy it!

rprovenz
rprovenz

Smells amazing..I smell a bit of royal oud meets DHI...very masculine and classy...

jf72
jf72

surprised there is no vetiver in the notes, has an old fashioned vibe that I can't appreciate...

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is my favorite fragrance ATM. Above all the others. I always like woodsy scents, but the way this one smells is downright enveloping. I really don't understand how anyone could trash this one as it is beautiful beyond my weak ability to describe it. I treasure it like it is liquid gold. This one is a great year around scent as it has enough of that signature Creed freshness to allow you to stretch it into all 4 seasons. The price is prohibitive, but this is an art form after all. Not the biggest compliment getter as it doesn't reach out super far. If someone does smell it though, they usually feel compelled to comment. Recently I received 3 compliments in one day on this one. That may be a record for me. My girlfriend seems to really snuggle just a bit closer when this scent is warming the campfire!

My Score: 10

Wise-222
Wise-222

This fragrance masterpiece will not be repeated, beautiful, not boring or annoying this brand crazy, especially in the perfume industry or private blend, a summit in beauty, fragrance for Morning, Evening, winter ,summer, sexy, attractive, makes you smile,
A mixture of flowers and spice with a touch of the creed magician.
For the price it is worth it.

spartan
spartan

Great fragrance finely crafted in the creed tradition, however it has terrible longevity! This juice Just does not have any real staying power or depth to it.
No Thanks, I will take A pass on this one. To much $$ not enough Quality.

mchris.cav
mchris.cav

the name says it all. this one is pretty quiet, although definitely emits a noticeable wave of scent and creates an earthy aura, It's worth the price if you have the money, but i wouldn't go out of my way to get this to wear if you're looking for a stand alone. It would be GREAT for layering. smells like a wet, moss-covered log, with the faintest, faintest hint of patchouli and something else i can't quite call. musk? and i smell leather quite a bit

magneto78
magneto78

The most prominent note here is alcohol. I also get woods, apple and birch. This smells, in its first hour like what a $300 fragrance smells like in its dying breath, perhaps the day after initial application. This isnt worth $100, nevermind $675. A complete ripoff. I doused myself in this stuff on a cool october day out with my friends, reapplying several times. No one could smell it. Projection is a big zero here weather sprayed on skin or on shirt. I think alot of people are buying into the hype of a $600 plus fragrance, convincing themselves it must be great. I will say this: If this was concentrated to an extrait, it might be signature scent worthy.

jaylim87
jaylim87

This is my #1 Creed, it just makes me feel so happy when I smell this. And few days ago, I went back to this gem and all of sudden I thought I could mix DSQUARED2 Rocky Mountain Wood and Boss Bottled together and that would smell very close to this.

Well, I will try that and add review again later.

DMA
DMA

The creeds that i love i sincerley love, but im not digging this at all, and especially at this price...

Ive just recieved a sample and the clove totally ruins it for me, it is far to prominent.

Very medicinal smelling, im not a fan.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I was really curious about this when I first saw the ads, seeing how long it had been since Creed did any of this genre that I've liked. There's initially nothing to it except the alcohol, and then a subtle, non-medicinal sandalwood starts to appear, with perhaps a bit of nutmeg and clove. It's already disappointingly weak, but the quietly natural quality of the wood is remarkable: not too soapy or sweet, aromatic or pungent. But even as I write this, it's so weak that I'm starting to have trouble really "finding" the center and the ancillary notes; I had the same problem with their Santal Imperial. Later, it does get a bit sweeter, with a similar blend of spices as in Trumper's Sandalwood but much less vanilla, if any, and maybe a little fruit or potpourri? I really enjoy this type of soft polished wood scent, much more than the harsher woods that some of the purists seem to like, but S+W just can't deliver the strength I'd expect from an expensive house. Call me when you come out with an EdP of it, Creed, and I might just buy some. What little I can smell is very good.

wonderlife
wonderlife

The most REFRESHING scent out of the Creed Royal Exclusive line. But not worth the price. Unfortunately, I could tell just by putting my nose to the bottle that, the sillage and longevity is questionable because it is a light fragrance. I will never shell out money for something that doesn't last ever again.

That said, It is a very crisp and clean fragrance. Great for Spring and Summer.

Weihan
Weihan

This is another Creed masterpiece of superlatives! I'm absolutely addicted - love at first sniff. Simply MARVELOUS!

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Unique and surprising scent... very smoky, woodsy, makes me think of cognac, wood paneled libraries, leather chairs. It has quite a personality.

b360
b360

this stuff is great.....wood and spice.....everytime i smell it on my collar my sense of smell goes back and forth.....spice....wood...magic...pricey but all should try this.....great w my three piece suit....wool plaid or linen....the smell lasts and lives on 9/10

jhitt793
jhitt793

Could not have been more aptly named. Opens with soft delicate apple and powdery iris followed by strong woody cedar accord. Oil of clove dances in and out of focus mysteriously. Slight smokiness from the inclusion of birch and oak moss. A modern reinterpretation of classic masculine colognes. Another masterpiece from the house of Creed. (11)

kazewayz
kazewayz

Upon smelling this I caught the woods, and then the spices came in. It also blends well with the musk in here. It's a well done fragrance, very well blended. It's a good one, but not the best from Creed. Try it.

adamkay17
adamkay17

This smells like Al-Rehabs Sultan, although I prefer Sultan, it's slightly more flowery and playful.

kleblanc863

02/19/13 - Finally got my hands on a 100ml decant from a trusted source. So. Damn. Happy.

Honestly, still more than I'd like to spend on a frag. But... If you were to sit me down with 20-30 random colognes in small unlabled bottles with this included, this scent would be in the top 3 for me.

kleblanc863

This is my favorite Creed scent... maybe my favorite scent ever. I cannot resist spraying it on every time I visit Neiman Marcus. It's bad when the SA knows you by name...

maxforti
maxforti

Great Frag, however due to the fact that it only comes in 2 sizes 30ml or 250ml it's a real downfall, price is really high as well...

Projection: 7.5
Longevity: 8.5
Sillage: 7.0
Scent: 8.0
Versatility: 9.0
Overall score: Solid 8.0!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with a lemony apple scent quickly followed by spicy woods with clove and birch. It's quite woody and musky and has a earthy herbalness to it's character from the angelica root. It's nice but not distinctive enough.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

Wore this today for the first time. This is a wonderful juice that is exceptionally put together with great longevity. It is a 'mature' scent for someone very comfortable with who they are. It doesn't scream look at me, but rather introduces itself politely "I do say... Greetings! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is ________". I was unable to find fault with the scent. It is woods and spices - entirely as advertised. It is never overpowering or excessive or pushy or obnoxious in any way, during any stage.

You'd have to be desperately searching for this particular mix of scents and accords to justify the off-the-hook nosebleed pricing, IMO. I won't be buying a bottle, and probably won't wear my sample again - but I enjoyed my day with it.

Scentrist
Scentrist

If there were a "perfect Creed" for the Fall/Winter season, this would be it. The scent evokes the autumn harvest, and the notes throughout reflect the emphasis on warm apple, fragrant woods, cloves and rose at the center. It is a perfect autumn/winter day scent, very nicely toned and not overpowering.

It's also very universal -- amazingly, it's the Creed in my collection that I've found stolen by my wife on more than a few occasions, and it wears particularly well on her in the cooler weather when it can open up in the contrast of cool air and warm skin.

Describing this in words is like describing a New England home at Thanksgiving, the smell of burning woods, mild spices, distinct clove, and warmed apples. The presence of musk at the dry-down is not powdery and barely rates a mention. The rose in the heart notes is an excellent transition, linking the apple to clove and pepper to the fragrant woods in seamless fashion.

Whether it's worth the price tag is a subjective decision. For me, I found it to be distinct, enjoyable, and impressive enough that the decision on the 250ml was more than justified. More than that, it's also in how others enjoy the scent without it being simply "loud". This annouces its presence without shouting it, and others who've smelled it around me have asked and taken interest. So judging based on myself and others...this was an instant hit.

One word: Exquisite.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

An odd duck, especially for the top-tier/higher-priced Royal Exclusive line. Subtle opening notes of citrus, birch, and red apple give way to a rich cedar and angelica-root spiced melange, which eventually crescendos into a sweet kitchen-spiced drydown of no real interest. While it is certainly well made and different from most of what is out in the niche market these days (no aoud to be found), I can't really say it's all that interesting. The opening is too demure, the drydown is too loud. I'm not really sure what to think, but I know that I smell a mediocre perfume that isn't worth $550. And I certainly wouldn't invest in 8 whole ounces of the stuff.

Worth trying, but don't kid yourself into thinking that the scent justifies the price tag.

Cylob
Cylob

An ok fragrance, but certainly not special enough. Do yourself a favor and spend this on several other bottles. You'll be much happier!
Longevity is pretty bad as well compared to other Creeds I've tried.

guest_guest_Olfac
guest_guest_Olfac

Wonderful stuff. Has a definite presence yet is never overbearing.

A woody-aromatic-oriental for the 21st century. Dried tart apples, highest quality cedar and rubbery birch, with spicy cloves and rooty patchouli and angelic blended perfectly to create a complex yet medium-toned perfume which reveals various facets over multiple wearings. If the room clearing woody-orientals of the 80s or the loud mouthed Amouages annoy you to bits, Spice and Wood is the perfect option. Creed is on a roll.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I really anticipate and am excited to smell this soon!
The listed price of 550$ taxes included is really "STRONG".

Spice and Wood by Creed 4.45 out of 5 based on 144 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Spice and Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Spice and Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Spice and Wood by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Spice and Wood by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.