Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

Spice and Wood Creed for women and men
dislike

leather
Spice and Wood Creed for women and men Pictures

Spice and Wood is the second release in Creed's Royal Exclusives line. Less than 500 bottles of this limited edition unisex scent will be released.

The legendary love story of Cleopatra and Marc Antony inspired Spice and Wood, which celebrates the treasures of Europe and the Orient. The fragrance is presented in a Pochet glass decanter etched with the CREED family crest, topped with a sculptural cap.

Spice and Wood opens with aromas of Italian bergamot, Egyptian lemon and aromatic apples. Middle notes reveal Angelica root, rose, clove, desert peppers, patchouli and white birch. The composition finishes with a trail of cedar, Egyptian iris, oak moss and musk. Spice and Wood was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot Lemon Apple

Birch Patchouli Angelica Clove Pepper

Musk iris oak moss Cedar

Fitnessence
Sultan

Spice and Wood Fragrance Reviews

darrenwrite
darrenwrite

to me this scent has that aventus vibe about it, i like aventus but love this one, it is one of my current fav frags.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - cedar, musk, lemon & birch.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

Umut Kurtoğlu
Umut Kurtoğlu

I dont know if anybody else feel this way but after first application (fruity opening) it really reminds me a bit of Aventus because of the birch note i suppose.. Than it evolves into a nicest cedar-spicy combo that i havent experienced before.. Surely one of my secret weapon for specials occasions.

micavana
micavana

This is another Creed fragrance that has a bit of an off putting opening. On the initial spray I get a kind of brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar mix on my skin that lasts for about an hour. Once this opening tones down a bit Spice and Wood starts to evolved into a 1980s old school scent on my skin. True to its name, the dominate scents to my nose are spice and woods, with a touch of citrus and floral. A beautiful scent at this point with moderate projection.

About 8 hours in I get a citrus woods vibe that stays close to the skin.

Bottom line: this one is a bit on the pricey side, but worth trying a sample.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

A Royal Exclusive,Spice and Wood is offered in a collectible.
It's my favorite from the Creed house.
it smells realy beautiful with woody,fresh spicy,citrus scents.
certainly it opens with aromas of Italian bergamot but
It's not heavy.
projection is well.
Longevity on me for this one lasts about 8 hours.
it's a perfect scent with a perfect name.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

Well, I'm working my way through the Creed range, and today I've arrived at 'Spice and Wood'...

Before I get into this, let me start by saying, I'm not the type to be 'suckered' in by a brand name or a price tag. I'm 42 years old and I've been a fragrance Junkie for as long as I can remember, just because it's Creed and just because it costs £475, doesn't mean I'm going to like it. I'm not so easy to please.

...The thing is, the fragrance is genius. OK, it's pretty similar to a few of their other citrus-blends in many ways, and maybe it doesn't offer enough variation on Aventus or perhaps Bois de Cedrat to warrant the big price tag...

To me, immediately on application, I get a that signature peppery / bergamot 'kick'... Now, if you've worn Avntus (who hasn't?), it's the same combination that launches the pineapple, but in this instance it's a gorgeous sherbet lemon.

It dries down quickly and that's when you start to notice that it's way more sophisticated than Aventus... I get patchouli and musk, but all of the other ingredients have been blended that seamlessly, they're pretty much indiscernible and you end up with something that's greater than the sum of it's parts.

The blend is like nothing else, it really is that good.

I've worn a lot of Creed, and to me (generally), I would say they 'open up' as the best fragrances on earth, but tend to dry down to overtly sweet powder (apart from Royal Oud, my favourite) and this is no different... After 40 minutes, I've got sweet apple and iris which is a little sickly for my tastes, but don't let this put you off, it smells completely different on my girlfriend (more 'woody').

If you like to 'project', stick with Aventus. Spice and Wood stays pretty close to your skin, so it's not for attention seekers or compliment fishers, it's far more 'self assured'.

My only complaint is longevity. On my skin anyway, it's dead after an hour. I mean DEAD... Again, this seams to be the problem with the Creed citrus-inspired fragrances. In fact, the only 'bang for your buck' from Creed seems to come from Royal Oud and Santal... But if I'm just appraising the smell, it's excellent. Intoxicating.

Tip of the day: If you're looking for a similar approach without the price tag, go for Londinium by Molten Brown, it's a little 'boozier' but really very good.

TwinPower22
TwinPower22

Spice and Wood is my favorite from the Creed house(Yes, over Aventus), and is one of my top 10 favorite fragrances. My issues with Spice and Wood is that it is grossly overpriced, albeit, that could be said about a lot of fragrances. I would also add that, Spice & Wood is ideal for the fall/winter months, and is more suitable for a formal situation, which, to me, limits its versatility and forces me to push it toward the latter part of my top 10 list. With that said, if you can afford to shell out the cash, get in on a split, or buy a decant/sample, you would not be dissatisfied with your purchase. I find this to be a true masterpiece and I don't thrown that word around too often.

landshark321
landshark321

Creed Spice and Wood is aptly named, as I get mainly clove, pepper, and (most notably) cedar out of it. It's not a heavy cedar in the vein of By Kilian Straight to Heaven, but rather a cedar that's welcome in by citrus and then acts as a soft counterweight to the spices in the mix. I don't detect some of the other notes in the mix, like patchouli, that are just playing second fiddle the main assortment.

Spice and Wood falls into the category of notes that are not exceptional in and of themselves but rather are part of a smooth blend. I don't get much in the way of projection or longevity for this, so it'd be a little lacking as a winter staple. And it certainly doesn't score high marks in terms of uniqueness. While it's not generic or cheap, it does feel familiar, much like Green Irish Tweed can. Frankly, it reminds me slightly of Banana Republic Black Walnut due a similar woody/citrus pairing, though Black Walnut relies on tobacco where Spice and Wood relies on cedar.

For me, Spice and Wood started out a like, not a love, so I assumed I'd probably not opt for the 30ml for $250 let alone 250ml for $745, but I eventually started to love it decided it was worthwhile and went full bottle after learning of an upcoming Creed price hike. It's ultimately easy to see why this is so popular---it's unassuming and classic, and a great blend.

8 out of 10

jetlife1977
jetlife1977

This scent long lasting( about 10-12 hrs on me) with moderate projection. It's my go to fall scent so elegant, sexy, woody, perfumery and chic. If only project about foot more than I would probably only have one winter and fall scent in my collection. Do your self a favor and decant of this amazing scent as matter fact get a bottle. Who knew cloves, apple, wood, cinnamon could smell so sexy. I also get smokey subtle vibe which im sure that is birch that I am smelling.

NickZee
NickZee

Creed's batch variation strikes again. I sampled a beautiful, fresh fruity batch at the store but the bottle I bought smelled more like a hardware store. A real shame because the tester smelled fantastic.

jhitt793

Utilizing both refined and elegant notes from Europe as well as enigmatic and exotic smells of the Far East, CREED's 'Spice and Wood' is a rare and exceptional composition. The fragrant journey opens with Italian bergamot, lemon, and prestigious Court Pendu Plat apples. These famed apples come from an extremely old French cultivar, dating back to the early 17th century and were likely cultivated at one time by the Romans. The harmonious trio of top notes are mouthwatering and expertly well balanced, being both sweet and sour in tonality. Following the lively opening comes a spicy and permeating heart of desert peppers, angelic root, oil of clove, patchouli and white birch. The vegetal desert peppers and angelic root provide a verdant compliment to the fruit filled top notes. Clove oil's medicinal scent is warm and spicy, offering a faintly sweet Oriental tone with facets of allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Rendering smokiness and woody qualities, patchouli and white birch complete the heart of the composition. As the scent dries on the skin, one is greeted by a strong permeation of cedar wood from Egypt. Cedar is beautifully paired with a nuanced and powdery Egyptian iris note, the two of which compliment each other well in their earthiness. Oakmoss and musk further aid in lending a dry smokiness mixed with an antiqued leather scent to the base of this extravagant fragrance.

'Spice and Wood' is a robust and masculine composition whose architecture is expertly arranged. It is seamlessly blended and goes through several transitions on the skin as it dries. One can immediately denote the high quality of ingredients utilized as well their natural (versus highly synthetic) quality. Together this elevates the cologne to a supreme level, one reserved for the most discerning of tastes. I completely fell in love with CREED's 'Spice and Wood' upon first smelling it several years ago. It continues to remain as one of my top fragrances for men due to its unabashed masculinity as well as its elegant refinement. The more temperate weather of autumn along with the crisp air of winter serve this fragrance well. I personally prefer to reach for this scent to wear during formal events or special occasions, reserving it sparingly. Both longevity and sillage are above average for this "eau de parfum". If you have not yet had an opportunity to experience this fragrance masterpiece for yourself, please do yourself a favor and seek out the unforgettable 'Spice and Wood' to try today.

Read my complete review at my personal fragrance blog
Fragranceemergency.blogspot.com

MjrS
MjrS

The scent of S&W is too great to be true.

And, to balance the greatness of the scent, its longevity is nearly inexistent. 1.5 hours, 2 hours tops - after that no one around can detect a single hint of S&W presence.

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

This smells nothing like I imagined it would. After the top notes fade, it reminds me of Dirty English, and it has that damn metallic note like in Silver Mountain Water that just overpowers everything else. After that, it just disappears, like the money I paid for it. Glad it was just 20 bucks for a sample, though.

bjorn.neves
bjorn.neves

I just absolutely love the fragrance. This for me is second only to Aventus.

Its a little linear but I don't really care about that. Its a wonderful smell and seems to have good longevity on my skin.

Pity about the price but its one of those ones you'll just want to wear.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

OLD TIME PHARMACY

I'm not a big fan of the herbal/pine/clove/etc fragrances. Too medicinal for me. I certainly appreciate the beauty of this well done men's perfume (and excellent longevity) - but all I kept thinking was 'oh, if only Creed made this without that 'herb-y' smell'.

The opening was harsh for me and I was concerned that I was going to have an unpleasant olfactory day. But after some time the medicinal smell quieted down (though always noticeable). Dry down (hours later) was quite nice - but not worth the long wait.

Certainly, if you enjoy/favor an herbal/wood scent - this is a must try and probably a must own.

dfm2014
dfm2014

Scent: 10/10- Spicy and woody, hard to describe it, simply amazing.
Longevity: 8/10 for me its 6-8 hours
Sillage: 7/10, not good in this part
Versatility: 10/10
One of the best smelling perfumes, there is nothing like it.
Overall 9/10

Abobaker Gamaleldeen Eid
Abobaker Gamaleldeen Eid

No fragrance as like it
This is my signature
I love it
I feel as like billionaire

paramedic
paramedic

The best cologne of creed
I'm putting my reputation for this one
When I say the best Cologne of creed
So spicy and woodsy
Rich and elegance
and remain there for a long time
Feels like a 30 years old rich guy riding a Lamborghini.
I highly recommend sniffing this one
There's no alternates and I know what I'm saying.

Nbond007
Nbond007

very good own and love...fresh wood scent do doubt...price is extremely high but is Creed....Beautiful fragrance without any doubt at all

evacecilias
evacecilias

I like the ingridients, but somehow , even for me who likes unisex - this goes "typical male" .
Beautiful blend, the spices are a tad stronger though. I sence cardamom and muskot, with pine.
Not for older men , just men . and who is older ???
Would love it on my husband !

sum888er
sum888er

the opening is strong. after 10 minutes it reminds me of L Clive Christian without pepper. longevity is more than 8 hours in clothes. it's soapy and barbershop like, with lemon and pine. silllage is poor although. it's a typical creed s creation. in my opinion spice and wood is classy but suitable for older men.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

A very good scent, except for the opening notes, which were very unappealing. The lemon and bergamot smelled chemical and artificial on my skin. But once it dried down it was much more enjoyable, especially the clove note. It blends well with the cedar and birch. If price were not a factor, this would be in my rotation. But rather than use my fragrance budget on one bottle of Spice and Wood, I'd rather go for multiple bottles of other scents I enjoy just as much.

Ricardo the Great
Ricardo the Great

The absolute King of Creed in my opinion. Expensive? Yes indeed, but one of the few high-end fragrances that is worth every bloody cent. Longevity and sillage are solid btw.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

MyOnlyVice:

If the best price you've found for this beauty is around $800, you must be putting little effort into shopping around. Mine were around $517 each (shipped) and coming from a reputable, well-established online frag seller that stands behind the authenticity of everything they sell.

Isn't it worth spending 5 extra minutes on Google to potentially save yourself $280?

By the way, if you're getting poor longevity and sillage, either your skin is dry as a sponge, you're anosmic or you don't have the real juice. Whichever it is, I'm sorry to hear it. You're missing out on a real gem.

myonlyvice
myonlyvice

Nice scent but the very poor longevity and nearly non existent Sillage boggles the mind considering the $800 price tag.

zaetown
zaetown

Boy I am one lucky son of a gun to wear authentic creeds and have them last on my skin as long as they do and this is no short stopping either bc it last 8hrs w/ 5hrs of good projection. I prefer this over aventus bc aventus gives me a headache for sum odd reason, this has the same vibe but never giving off that inducing headache feel. The best pepper wood and citrus blend you can get I can wear it any season, yea its that versatile; classy and yet casual for work or office wear. This stuff iz tha bidznes

8.8/10

Casavulva
Casavulva

To my nose one of the bestsmelling fragrances ever. Hardly innovative, but perfectly likeable.

"Spice and Wood" sounds like a heavy spicy-woody oriental perhaps, but it is surprisingly fresh. Loads of top notes on my skin, but where is the aura, solidity and longevity from mid and base? Not enough strength unfortunately. Could be my sample though.

As it is: Best for spring and summer, but probably an allyear fragrance.

Too bad the projection and longevity is so poor. For that price, not worth the money. But again, samples vary in quality, so try for yourself. A must try for all fragranceheads.

8/10 (may improve with another sample)

obenno
obenno

This is Aventus's older brother, more grown up, sophisticated and not as loud, absolutely brilliant!

It opens up with a perfect balance between woods and spices, a few minutes later, the fruity accord strikes, 20 minutes in there is a perfect balance between the three.

Be warned though, batch variations are very much present in this divine creation! My sample was heavenly but when I finally had enough money to buy a bottle, I was somewhat disappointed.

Yes it's still a fantastic scent, but the smoky peppery side was toned down and I could smell more clove in this one. Much more suited for older men which is not what I'm looking for.

Its a shame when you spend a small fortune on something that's just not right. I dont have the money to search for this 'smokier' version and don't know what batch/year it was.. Perhaps my fellow fragrantica members will be able to push me in the right direction ;)

Yushcan
Yushcan

Very classy. One of the best from Creed. If someone does not like Creed any frag - strongly recommend Not just try, buy and wear and, sure, you'll fall in love. Need a time to understand Creed and appreciate the elegance, the quality, the philosophy.
This frag is completely the same as Clive Cristian X, after 20 minutes there is no difference, the only - Clive is stronger and longevity is its Plus. Both expensive. All year round day and night frag for any occasion. Can be signature frag for those who tried and had almost everything, otherwords - who tired from "niche uniquness" :) and want to be distinctive staying in niche aside )))

Alisha76
Alisha76

I love it. I just love it. Smokey, woodsy, spicy, I feel as if I am glamping with each sniff. My description will not do it justice.

Let's say I don't have $700 to purchase my own bottle. Is there another comparable scent that I could fall in love with AND afford? (and don't say French Lover!)
Please advise!

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

Firstly I must thank my beautiful friend Justin for allowing me the pleasure to sample this fragrance.

I love being able to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and really experience nature. Every time I come up here I am reminded just why we bought this cabin. Leaving the warmth of my lover and the bed we share, I step outside into the crisp thin air, my early morning walk greeted by the friendly reminded of last night's campfire. Clean and smokey remnants of smouldering pine needles sweeten the light fog blanketing the understory of impressive forest that dwarfs me.

As I journey into the maze of pine and cedar pillars, tiny shards of sunlight push through the canopy and cling to to the fog, illuminating it's dissipating density and igniting my hope for another beautiful spring day ahead. Biting into the yellow skin of my morning snack never ceases to make me cringe, just a little. That juxtaposed composition of smooth and rough of it's shiny skin, as well as that furry white pith, leave my mouth hurriedly, yet it is almost as though both texture and taste stay with me indefinitely. Now with an opening to get my thumb under, I peel back the remainder of it's thick protective coating in search of that unique bright and bitter juicy flesh. Impossible to eat with any sort of gentlemanly style, half of it's juice inevitably ends up soaking my beard and staining my fingers, if only to remind me of it's bittersweet gift throughout the day.

Nature now calls. I use denim as my hand towel to ensure the citrus doesn't sting sensitive skin. As the salty liquid leaves my body and hit's the pine needles at the base of the tree before me, a warm heady cloud of masculine animalic muskiness rises up from the soaking ground and tickles my nose. I can't say that I find this in any way unpleasant. I zip up and start moving again.

As I make my way out of the thicket and into a clearing, I feel the sun on my back and a warmth in my heart. I can hear the familiar chug of a chainsaw close by. They're always having to clear the fallen around here. The slight breeze carries with it a multi-faceted aroma of this dissection. It must be a freshly fallen totem, as a green and sappy sweetness underwrites the dry and peppery cloud dispersed as blade meets wood. Such a beautiful scent. It's almost boozy balsamic resinous tone synonymous with these parts. As long as that buzzing hum of man against nature drones in the distance, so to will the air be thick with this cedar symphony.

It's actually quite warm now. I spot the roadhouse, the one that's been there for as long as I can remember, and with a slight sweat breaking on my brow I decide to treat myself to something cold and sweet. Rummaging through what little is left in the freezer box I decide on a lemonade popsicle. Such an icon of adolescence, the cool, fresh and slightly milky sweetness melts away closer to the core with each refreshing taste. I like to suck on it rather than bite it, as not only does it last longer, it also makes for a smoother and more subtle sweetness. I hit the stick. I am sure I pull a face every time I do. But I don't want this sweet and cool sensation to end so I don't stop until I am virtually tasting untreated pine.

I figure the popsicle stick is bio-degradable so I throw it into the forest from which it came and start to make me way back to the cabin, and to my lover.
I pass by the clearing, the scent of cedar still rife. I pass by the tree I marked earlier, the musky trail I left warmed by the sun beating down upon it. I pass by the grapefruit skin I dropped, like breadcrumbs back to the gingerbread house. And now I am home again. I hear the shower running. I figure it's my turn when he's done. I strip down and add my clothes to the pile of his. I spot his briefs. I can't help myself. I bring the soft grey cotton to my nose. They're still warm, and slightly moist from the heat of his body, his scent, his signature, trapped inside the fibres of his second skin. Not sure if I want a shower now.

Manny44
Manny44

Shocked to see there is no vetiver in this. That is primarily what I'm getting. Vetiver, Lemon, and oakmoss.
Raw clove too i guess. LIke the reviewer below said, close to Malles' French Lover.

vserdar
vserdar

To my nose very similar to french lover

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I own many outstanding niche fragrances and without hesitation, I would have to give this fragrance a perfect 10. Additionally, it is so versatile and easy to wear that I've named it my signature fragrance. I reach for this one more often than any other fragrance I own (Molecule 01 might be an exception)....Spice & Wood opens with a strong -eye opening- blast of woods and spiced apples that some say resembles cognac. I can somewhat see this correlation but this is not what comes to mind because it is so clean, I just don't get the alcoholic drink vibe. The patchouli and clove are barely noticeable and add a nice touch. The dry down is divine and reminds me of a brand new suede leather jacket!!! I find this fragrance to be an absolute masterpiece worthy of wearing for virtually any occasion (weddings, gym, picnics, etc...) and it gets me compliments whenever I wear it. I bought the flacon after owning a smaller Creed atomizer filled with it and I've noticed a difference. With the atomizer, I needed to spray it approximately 6-7 times to get the performance I was seeking but with the flacon, the projection is monstrous and 2 sprays to the neck/and 1 spray to each wrist is suffice for the day. With any Creed, you will notice that if you go light on the trigger, it will have an effect on the performance. My advice is to spray this fragrance generously and you will have no issues with performance. Well worth the money in my opinion, life is too short to haggle over the price, if you love it, buy it!

rprovenz
rprovenz

Smells amazing..I smell a bit of royal oud meets DHI...very masculine and classy...

jf72
jf72

surprised there is no vetiver in the notes, has an old fashioned vibe that I can't appreciate...

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This is my favorite fragrance ATM. Above all the others. I always like woodsy scents, but the way this one smells is downright enveloping. I really don't understand how anyone could trash this one as it is beautiful beyond my weak ability to describe it. I treasure it like it is liquid gold. This one is a great year around scent as it has enough of that signature Creed freshness to allow you to stretch it into all 4 seasons. The price is prohibitive, but this is an art form after all. Not the biggest compliment getter as it doesn't reach out super far. If someone does smell it though, they usually feel compelled to comment. Recently I received 3 compliments in one day on this one. That may be a record for me. My girlfriend seems to really snuggle just a bit closer when this scent is warming the campfire!

My Score: 10

Wise-222
Wise-222

This fragrance masterpiece will not be repeated, beautiful, not boring or annoying this brand crazy, especially in the perfume industry or private blend, a summit in beauty, fragrance for Morning, Evening, winter ,summer, sexy, attractive, makes you smile,
A mixture of flowers and spice with a touch of the creed magician.
For the price it is worth it.

spartan
spartan

Great fragrance finely crafted in the creed tradition, however it has terrible longevity! This juice Just does not have any real staying power or depth to it.
No Thanks, I will take A pass on this one. To much $$ not enough Quality.

mchris.cav
mchris.cav

the name says it all. this one is pretty quiet, although definitely emits a noticeable wave of scent and creates an earthy aura, It's worth the price if you have the money, but i wouldn't go out of my way to get this to wear if you're looking for a stand alone. It would be GREAT for layering. smells like a wet, moss-covered log, with the faintest, faintest hint of patchouli and something else i can't quite call. musk? and i smell leather quite a bit

magneto78
magneto78

The most prominent note here is alcohol. I also get woods, apple and birch. This smells, in its first hour like what a $300 fragrance smells like in its dying breath, perhaps the day after initial application. This isnt worth $100, nevermind $675. A complete ripoff. I doused myself in this stuff on a cool october day out with my friends, reapplying several times. No one could smell it. Projection is a big zero here weather sprayed on skin or on shirt. I think alot of people are buying into the hype of a $600 plus fragrance, convincing themselves it must be great. I will say this: If this was concentrated to an extrait, it might be signature scent worthy.

jaylim87
jaylim87

This is my #1 Creed, it just makes me feel so happy when I smell this. And few days ago, I went back to this gem and all of sudden I thought I could mix DSQUARED2 Rocky Mountain Wood and Boss Bottled together and that would smell very close to this.

Well, I will try that and add review again later.

DMA
DMA

The creeds that i love i sincerley love, but im not digging this at all, and especially at this price...

Ive just recieved a sample and the clove totally ruins it for me, it is far to prominent.

Very medicinal smelling, im not a fan.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I was really curious about this when I first saw the ads, seeing how long it had been since Creed did any of this genre that I've liked. There's initially nothing to it except the alcohol, and then a subtle, non-medicinal sandalwood starts to appear, with perhaps a bit of nutmeg and clove. It's already disappointingly weak, but the quietly natural quality of the wood is remarkable: not too soapy or sweet, aromatic or pungent. But even as I write this, it's so weak that I'm starting to have trouble really "finding" the center and the ancillary notes; I had the same problem with their Santal Imperial. Later, it does get a bit sweeter, with a similar blend of spices as in Trumper's Sandalwood but much less vanilla, if any, and maybe a little fruit or potpourri? I really enjoy this type of soft polished wood scent, much more than the harsher woods that some of the purists seem to like, but S+W just can't deliver the strength I'd expect from an expensive house. Call me when you come out with an EdP of it, Creed, and I might just buy some. What little I can smell is very good.

wonderlife
wonderlife

The most REFRESHING scent out of the Creed Royal Exclusive line, but not worth the price. Unfortunately, I could tell just by putting my nose to the bottle that the sillage and longevity is questionable because it is a light fragrance. I will never shell out money for something that doesn't last ever again.

That said, It is a very crisp and clean fragrance. Great for Spring and Summer.

Weihan
Weihan

This is another Creed masterpiece of superlatives! I'm absolutely addicted - love at first sniff. Simply MARVELOUS!

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Unique and surprising scent... very smoky, woodsy, makes me think of cognac, wood paneled libraries, leather chairs. It has quite a personality.

b360
b360

this stuff is great.....wood and spice.....everytime i smell it on my collar my sense of smell goes back and forth.....spice....wood...magic...pricey but all should try this.....great w my three piece suit....wool plaid or linen....the smell lasts and lives on 9/10

jhitt793

Could not have been more aptly named. Opens with soft delicate apple and powdery iris followed by strong woody cedar accord. Oil of clove dances in and out of focus mysteriously. Slight smokiness from the inclusion of birch and oak moss. A modern reinterpretation of classic masculine colognes. Another masterpiece from the house of Creed. (11)

kazewayz
kazewayz

Upon smelling this I caught the woods, and then the spices came in. It also blends well with the musk in here. It's a well done fragrance, very well blended. It's a good one, but not the best from Creed. Try it.

adamkay17
adamkay17

This smells like Al-Rehabs Sultan, although I prefer Sultan, it's slightly more flowery and playful.

kleblanc863

02/19/13 - Finally got my hands on a 100ml decant from a trusted source. So. Damn. Happy.

Honestly, still more than I'd like to spend on a frag. But... If you were to sit me down with 20-30 random colognes in small unlabled bottles with this included, this scent would be in the top 3 for me.

kleblanc863

This is my favorite Creed scent... maybe my favorite scent ever. I cannot resist spraying it on every time I visit Neiman Marcus. It's bad when the SA knows you by name...

maxforti
maxforti

Great Frag, however due to the fact that it only comes in 2 sizes 30ml or 250ml it's a real downfall, price is really high as well...

Projection: 7.5
Longevity: 8.5
Sillage: 7.0
Scent: 8.0
Versatility: 9.0
Overall score: Solid 8.0!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with a lemony apple scent quickly followed by spicy woods with clove and birch. It's quite woody and musky and has a earthy herbalness to it's character from the angelica root. It's nice but not distinctive enough.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

Wore this today for the first time. This is a wonderful juice that is exceptionally put together with great longevity. It is a 'mature' scent for someone very comfortable with who they are. It doesn't scream look at me, but rather introduces itself politely "I do say... Greetings! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is ________". I was unable to find fault with the scent. It is woods and spices - entirely as advertised. It is never overpowering or excessive or pushy or obnoxious in any way, during any stage.

You'd have to be desperately searching for this particular mix of scents and accords to justify the off-the-hook nosebleed pricing, IMO. I won't be buying a bottle, and probably won't wear my sample again - but I enjoyed my day with it.

Scentrist
Scentrist

If there were a "perfect Creed" for the Fall/Winter season, this would be it. The scent evokes the autumn harvest, and the notes throughout reflect the emphasis on warm apple, fragrant woods, cloves and rose at the center. It is a perfect autumn/winter day scent, very nicely toned and not overpowering.

It's also very universal -- amazingly, it's the Creed in my collection that I've found stolen by my wife on more than a few occasions, and it wears particularly well on her in the cooler weather when it can open up in the contrast of cool air and warm skin.

Describing this in words is like describing a New England home at Thanksgiving, the smell of burning woods, mild spices, distinct clove, and warmed apples. The presence of musk at the dry-down is not powdery and barely rates a mention. The rose in the heart notes is an excellent transition, linking the apple to clove and pepper to the fragrant woods in seamless fashion.

Whether it's worth the price tag is a subjective decision. For me, I found it to be distinct, enjoyable, and impressive enough that the decision on the 250ml was more than justified. More than that, it's also in how others enjoy the scent without it being simply "loud". This annouces its presence without shouting it, and others who've smelled it around me have asked and taken interest. So judging based on myself and others...this was an instant hit.

One word: Exquisite.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

An odd duck, especially for the top-tier/higher-priced Royal Exclusive line. Subtle opening notes of citrus, birch, and red apple give way to a rich cedar and angelica-root spiced melange, which eventually crescendos into a sweet kitchen-spiced drydown of no real interest. While it is certainly well made and different from most of what is out in the niche market these days (no aoud to be found), I can't really say it's all that interesting. The opening is too demure, the drydown is too loud. I'm not really sure what to think, but I know that I smell a mediocre perfume that isn't worth $550. And I certainly wouldn't invest in 8 whole ounces of the stuff.

Worth trying, but don't kid yourself into thinking that the scent justifies the price tag.

Cylob
Cylob

An ok fragrance, but certainly not special enough. Do yourself a favor and spend this on several other bottles. You'll be much happier!
Longevity is pretty bad as well compared to other Creeds I've tried.

guest_guest_Olfac
guest_guest_Olfac

Wonderful stuff. Has a definite presence yet is never overbearing.

A woody-aromatic-oriental for the 21st century. Dried tart apples, highest quality cedar and rubbery birch, with spicy cloves and rooty patchouli and angelic blended perfectly to create a complex yet medium-toned perfume which reveals various facets over multiple wearings. If the room clearing woody-orientals of the 80s or the loud mouthed Amouages annoy you to bits, Spice and Wood is the perfect option. Creed is on a roll.