Designers » C » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

leather
smoky
Spice and Wood Creed for women and men Pictures

Spice and Wood is the second release in Creed's Royal Exclusives line. Less than 500 bottles of this limited edition unisex scent will be released.

The legendary love story of Cleopatra and Marc Antony inspired Spice and Wood, which celebrates the treasures of Europe and the Orient. The fragrance is presented in a Pochet glass decanter etched with the CREED family crest, topped with a sculptural cap.

Spice and Wood opens with aromas of Italian bergamot, Egyptian lemon and aromatic apples. Middle notes reveal Angelica root, rose, clove, desert peppers, patchouli and white birch. The composition finishes with a trail of cedar, Egyptian iris, oak moss and musk. Spice and Wood was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot Lemon Apple

Birch Patchouli Angelica Clove Pepper

Musk iris oak moss Cedar

Spice and Wood Fragrance Reviews

spartan
spartan

Great fragrance finely crafted in the creed tradition, however it has terrible longevity! This juice Just does not have any real staying power or depth to it.
No Thanks, I will take A pass on this one. To much $$ not enough Quality.

mchris.cav
mchris.cav

the name says it all. this one is pretty quiet, although definitely emits a noticeable wave of scent and creates an earthy aura, It's worth the price if you have the money, but i wouldn't go out of my way to get this to wear if you're looking for a stand alone. It would be GREAT for layering. smells like a wet, moss-covered log, with the faintest, faintest hint of patchouli and something else i can't quite call. musk? and i smell leather quite a bit

magneto78
magneto78

The most prominent note here is alcohol. I also get woods, apple and birch. This smells, in its first hour like what a $300 fragrance smells like in its dying breath, perhaps the day after initial application. This isnt worth $100, nevermind $675. A complete ripoff. I doused myself in this stuff on a cool october day out with my friends, reapplying several times. No one could smell it. Projection is a big zero here weather sprayed on skin or on shirt. I think alot of people are buying into the hype of a $600 plus fragrance, convincing themselves it must be great. I will say this: If this was concentrated to an extrait, it might be signature scent worthy.

jaylim87
jaylim87

This is my #1 Creed, it just makes me feel so happy when I smell this. And few days ago, I went back to this gem and all of sudden I thought I could mix DSQUARED2 Rocky Mountain Wood and Boss Bottled together and that would smell very close to this.

Well, I will try that and add review again later.

DMA
DMA

The creeds that i love i sincerley love, but im not digging this at all, and especially at this price...

Ive just recieved a sample and the clove totally ruins it for me, it is far to prominent.

Very medicinal smelling, im not a fan.

prodigy
prodigy

I wish so badly that creed fragrances would last longer. That is my only complaint about this house worth mentioning. This fragance smell so good.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I was really curious about this when I first saw the ads, seeing how long it had been since Creed did any of this genre that I've liked. There's initially nothing to it except the alcohol, and then a subtle, non-medicinal sandalwood starts to appear, with perhaps a bit of nutmeg and clove. It's already disappointingly weak, but the quietly natural quality of the wood is remarkable: not too soapy or sweet, aromatic or pungent. But even as I write this, it's so weak that I'm starting to have trouble really "finding" the center and the ancillary notes; I had the same problem with their Santal Imperial. Later, it does get a bit sweeter, with a similar blend of spices as in Trumper's Sandalwood but much less vanilla, if any, and maybe a little fruit or potpourri? I really enjoy this type of soft polished wood scent, much more than the harsher woods that some of the purists seem to like, but S+W just can't deliver the strength I'd expect from an expensive house. Call me when you come out with an EdP of it, Creed, and I might just buy some. What little I can smell is very good.

wonderlife
wonderlife

The most REFRESHING scent out of the Creed Royal Exclusive line. But not worth the price. Unfortunately, I could tell just by putting my nose to the bottle that, the sillage and longevity is questionable because it is a light fragrance. I will never shell out money for something that doesn't last ever again.

That said, It is a very crisp and clean fragrance. Great for Spring and Summer.

Weihan
Weihan

This is another Creed masterpiece of superlatives! I'm absolutely addicted - love at first sniff. Simply MARVELOUS!

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Unique and surprising scent... very smoky, woodsy, makes me think of cognac, wood paneled libraries, leather chairs. It has quite a personality.

b360
b360

this stuff is great.....wood and spice.....everytime i smell it on my collar my sense of smell goes back and forth.....spice....wood...magic...pricey but all should try this.....great w my three piece suit....wool plaid or linen....the smell lasts and lives on 9/10

jhitt793
jhitt793

Could not have been more aptly named. Opens with soft delicate apple and powdery iris followed by strong woody cedar accord. Oil of clove dances in and out of focus mysteriously. Slight smokiness from the inclusion of birch and oak moss. A modern reinterpretation of classic masculine colognes. Another masterpiece from the house of Creed. (11)

kazewayz
kazewayz

Upon smelling this I caught the woods, and then the spices came in. It also blends well with the musk in here. It's a well done fragrance, very well blended. It's a good one, but not the best from Creed. Try it.

adamkay17
adamkay17

This smells like Al-Rehabs Sultan, although I prefer Sultan, it's slightly more flowery and playful.

kleblanc863

02/19/13 - Finally got my hands on a 100ml decant from a trusted source. So. Damn. Happy.

Honestly, still more than I'd like to spend on a frag. But... If you were to sit me down with 20-30 random colognes in small unlabled bottles with this included, this scent would be in the top 3 for me.

kleblanc863

This is my favorite Creed scent... maybe my favorite scent ever. I cannot resist spraying it on every time I visit Neiman Marcus. It's bad when the SA knows you by name...

maxforti
maxforti

Great Frag, however due to the fact that it only comes in 2 sizes 30ml or 250ml it's a real downfall, price is really high as well...

Projection: 7.5
Longevity: 8.5
Sillage: 7.0
Scent: 8.0
Versatility: 9.0
Overall score: Solid 8.0!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with a lemony apple scent quickly followed by spicy woods with clove and birch. It's quite woody and musky and has a earthy herbalness to it's character from the angelica root. It's nice but not distinctive enough.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

Wore this today for the first time. This is a wonderful juice that is exceptionally put together with great longevity. It is a 'mature' scent for someone very comfortable with who they are. It doesn't scream look at me, but rather introduces itself politely "I do say... Greetings! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is ________". I was unable to find fault with the scent. It is woods and spices - entirely as advertised. It is never overpowering or excessive or pushy or obnoxious in any way, during any stage.

You'd have to be desperately searching for this particular mix of scents and accords to justify the off-the-hook nosebleed pricing, IMO. I won't be buying a bottle, and probably won't wear my sample again - but I enjoyed my day with it.

Scentrist
Scentrist

If there were a "perfect Creed" for the Fall/Winter season, this would be it. The scent evokes the autumn harvest, and the notes throughout reflect the emphasis on warm apple, fragrant woods, cloves and rose at the center. It is a perfect autumn/winter day scent, very nicely toned and not overpowering.

It's also very universal -- amazingly, it's the Creed in my collection that I've found stolen by my wife on more than a few occasions, and it wears particularly well on her in the cooler weather when it can open up in the contrast of cool air and warm skin.

Describing this in words is like describing a New England home at Thanksgiving, the smell of burning woods, mild spices, distinct clove, and warmed apples. The presence of musk at the dry-down is not powdery and barely rates a mention. The rose in the heart notes is an excellent transition, linking the apple to clove and pepper to the fragrant woods in seamless fashion.

Whether it's worth the price tag is a subjective decision. For me, I found it to be distinct, enjoyable, and impressive enough that the decision on the 250ml was more than justified. More than that, it's also in how others enjoy the scent without it being simply "loud". This annouces its presence without shouting it, and others who've smelled it around me have asked and taken interest. So judging based on myself and others...this was an instant hit.

One word: Exquisite.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

An odd duck, especially for the top-tier/higher-priced Royal Exclusive line. Subtle opening notes of citrus, birch, and red apple give way to a rich cedar and angelica-root spiced melange, which eventually crescendos into a sweet kitchen-spiced drydown of no real interest. While it is certainly well made and different from most of what is out in the niche market these days (no aoud to be found), I can't really say it's all that interesting. The opening is too demure, the drydown is too loud. I'm not really sure what to think, but I know that I smell a mediocre perfume that isn't worth $550. And I certainly wouldn't invest in 8 whole ounces of the stuff.

Worth trying, but don't kid yourself into thinking that the scent justifies the price tag.

Cylob
Cylob

An ok fragrance, but certainly not special enough. Do yourself a favor and spend this on several other bottles. You'll be much happier!
Longevity is pretty bad as well compared to other Creeds I've tried.

guest_guest_Olfac
guest_guest_Olfac

Wonderful stuff. Has a definite presence yet is never overbearing.

A woody-aromatic-oriental for the 21st century. Dried tart apples, highest quality cedar and rubbery birch, with spicy cloves and rooty patchouli and angelic blended perfectly to create a complex yet medium-toned perfume which reveals various facets over multiple wearings. If the room clearing woody-orientals of the 80s or the loud mouthed Amouages annoy you to bits, Spice and Wood is the perfect option. Creed is on a roll.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I really anticipate and am excited to smell this soon!
The listed price of 550$ taxes included is really "STRONG".

Spice and Wood by Creed 4.47 out of 5 based on 110 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Spice and Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Spice and Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Spice and Wood by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Spice and Wood by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.