Designers » C » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Sublime Vanille Creed for women and men

Sublime Vanille Creed for women and men
dislike

Sublime Vanille Creed for women and men Pictures Sublime Vanille Creed for women and men Pictures

SUBLIME VANILLE is the first fragrance in the Creed Royal Exclusives line. The fragrance is presented in an ornately carved, hand-blown Pochet glass bottle etched with the Creed family crest and topped with a cut-glass stopper.

Sublime Vanille celebrates one of perfumery's most enduring and beloved ingredients—vanilla.

The fragrance is hand-made with vanilla-rich climbing orchids of Tahiti and heady Bourbon vanilla of South America. Tonka bean, bergamot orange, Calabrian lemon and rare musk in the hands of Olivier CREED become a fragrance as richly reassuring as family tradition itself.

Sublime Vanille was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bourbon Vanilla Vanilla orchid

Tonka Bean

Musk Bergamot Lemon

Sublime Vanille Fragrance Reviews

Eos
Eos

Sublime Vanille is very nice, but somehow not what I was expecting since the vanilla is not upfront on my skin. Rather Sublime Vanille is creamy aldehydic fragrance with a touch of iso e super and citrus. The overall effect is soft, powdery and slightly citrusy. It reminds me a bit of Chanel Eau Premiere with a woody base and better projection.

Important note for gourmand enthusiasts: this is not foody at all IMO.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

The citrus and vanilla here is well-balanced without the citrus straying anywhere near caustic laundry smell. Pleasant, sweet and unremarkable. A straightforward vanilla scent that I feel only detracts from the Creed brand. There are many other vanilla fragrances out there that are a) much more unique or b) take a similar approach, but are far more affordable. Pass.

Ayana
Ayana

Sublime Vanille is a shy and proper scent for a lady who is soft and feminine. It starts off a little harsh like air freshner but settles down and covers your skin in a lovely and subtle way. It is very clean in a way of fresh cotton & vanilla, very light and airy. Very smooth and luxurious feel to it, but that's about it. I would recommend this fragrance to someone who doesn't like loud and heavy scents, someone who works close contact with other people as it wears quite close to the skin, so they don't have to worry about offending anyone because they won't. I have a large decant of this but won't be purchasing a full bottle. It is nice to have a small amount but I can't see myself craving a lot of this scent.

laurie.ackels
laurie.ackels

I wanted to love this- to adore it- but I can't really smell it. There is a slight hazy sweetness that fades away to a smooth powdery scent with a bit of an acidic freshness. My husband says it smells strong and my adolescent son smells sweetness.

Then it's gone. sniff...

I'm trying a variety of vanilla niche perfumes and this was included.

dyst_opiates
dyst_opiates

Well. This scent is nice. It is quite straightforwardly exactly what the notes suggest, soft bright citrus and sweet vanilla. It just doesn't wow me. It just needs something else going on, IMO. For the luxury price I guess I want to smell something a little more unique. Plus it is quite ephemeral and not very lasting. Honestly it reminds me a lot of Ava-Luxe's Citrine, which is lovely and a bit more complex.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I might get some hate for this or sound like quite the pauper... But when I first tried this I actually instantly though of... Givenchys Pi.. Yep. Albeit a much less snythetic and funky version of it. One that is also pleasing to the wearer and not just the people around getting wiffs of you randomly. I deff get some light citrus in here, but no doubt from the little I have tried this, this is pretty linear on my skin throughout. A straightforward vanilla, but again with some light citrus. Not a bad thing mind you. However saying that the longevity although decent for a creed, the projection wise is pretty ho hum at best. And considering how much this costs. Its pretty hard to justify. Might make a great vanilla scent for the summer though saying that because of how light it actually is. But again because of the price point, I havnt been able to test it much at all.

Ivanqa
Ivanqa

Sublime Vanille is my signature fragrance. It's just what I like.
It's a modern classic, graceful and subtle.
It wraps close to my body and stays descreetly close, yet the scent gets many compliments.
The fragrance is a sophisticated vanilla with fine citrus and orchid, very natural-smelling... heavenly... delicious.

hanson26
hanson26

I'm glad I tried this in the summer, because if I tried this in the winter I'd write it off as just another vanilla and stick to my spicier, darker vanillas. But there's something special about this, and that is how refreshing and warm weather appropriate this vanilla perfume is. I'm a vanilla fiend, it's one of my favorite notes, actually it probably IS my favorite note. Both as a supporting note and the main player. I just love how sweet and creamy it is. That said, it's usually a lot better in colder weather, and most vanilla-citrus combos smell strange and cloying to me. Not so with this one! It's 80 degrees where I am right now, and this is perfect for the hot weather. It has that musky-citrus accord that is present in so many Creeds, and it works surprisingly well with vanilla. I really like this one and could see myself wearing it a lot now that it's warm, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

appleberry37

not sure who will buy the large 250ml though... I don't like using same perfume- need to have at least 2,3-10 different perfumes. And I don't wear it all the time..

250ml will last more than ten years for me, in which the perfume will expire anyways.

appleberry37

dislike all other royal exclusive line since they smell so fakey.

spice and wood, I don't know since I'm not into spicy or woody scent

appleberry37

Like it! really warm,soft oriental as it claims. Ethereal beauty :D Will be buying 30 ml/ 1oz

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

I really didn't enjoy this one. Its vanilla with a pretentious orange. It can't decide what it wants to be. Not my cup of tea.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

This is a very subtle vanilla/citrus scent. It does live up to its name "sublime" but alas, no staying power at all. I sprayed my wrist and cannot detect it anymore in 20 minutes. So disappointing. Since I was looking for a high quality vanilla, i ended up with Guerlain Double Vanille instead. It's spicier but a complex vanilla which stays.

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

I am really enjoying this fragrance - a wonderful balance of sweet, a little sour, and a lot of powder. Unfortunately doesn't seem to be staying long - 20-30 minutes is the most I get out of it... For those who like the powdery dry down, Prada's Infusion d'Iris is a good alternative.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Incredible fragrance. Loved it immediately. Problem:: the Creed fragrances I am loving do not have longevity. The seem to fade immediately once applied. For the price point of these fragrances they need to last more than a couple of hours. I love the design of Creed fragrances: Love In White, White Flowers, Himalaya and White Mountain Water, but I'm annoyed that I must reapply these throughout the day to smell them myself. Too expensive for that. Fragrance gets 4 stars. It's perfect. The product gets 2 - needs to last longer.

Caist
Caist

Delicate-sweet/ modest sillage/ vanilla harmony

I usually do not like vanilla in fragrances at all, but this one has a nice lemon note in it that almost gives it a lemon chiffon feel. Out of the 5 Royals, this one has the longest wear.

The Royal Exclusives are like the diamonds of the Creed Fragrances. They come in a 1.oz or a gigunda-sized bottle 8.4 fl oz bottle-

*Here's where I want to know who was high when they decided on how the bottles should be made.*

Apparently woman have "delicate hands" and should not have to lift the bottle to spray it. In saying so, Vanillas Sublime, White Flowers, and Jardin d' Almalfi DO NOT HAVE ATOMIZERS. They are decant. and any Creed specialist is going to reccomend spending even more money on top of your 650$+ you just dropped on buying one- for an atomizer. (granted they are beautiful and very well made... c'mon Creed)

Neiman's and maybe boutiques(?) will carry the 1.oz versions of these if you actually want it without spending so much. But try these on before you buy at the counter, the longevity is very iffy with almost all of them especially if you drop fragrances off of your body fast.

Made from the best stuff.. but technically not exactly the best all-around.

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Feel good, uplifting fragrance. I rather enjoy the unobtrusiveness as it can be worn to work. The combination of vanilla and tonka beans creates a rich texture, with high notes of citrus.

Marli1973
Marli1973

After wearing love in white for such a long time and knowing Creed's quality I had no concerns in blind purchasing Sublime Vanille direct from Creed.
I had high expectation of something totally vanilla, conforting and sweet.
I am afraid this is just not for me. Not only increadible weak but the combination of vanilla and lemon/lime is not nice on my skin.
The good thing is I have learned a lesson: No matter how good are the reviews and reliable the perfume house is,I now always sample it specially if it is expensive.

Germany
Germany

I Have a sample of this one and really like it. BUT I can't believe how weak it is for the price??? It's barely there . I then transferred the juice into a spray tester to see if the application was the problem and still. ,,,nothing! I sprayed the entire tester at once all over me. Like ten sprayes. And it was great I loved it. But how fast would I be going through a 30 ml. Bottle??? OMG would be gone in a month. This reminds me of Duelle by Diotique. But Diptyque is much stronger. And some already say Diptyque isn't strong for them.
It has the same natural Vanille raw effect with just a little natural sweetness and a citrusy top note. Quite natural and realistic. High quality if it was only stronger.
Update , i bought it. I have this a lot weaker in memory. I put two sprayes on and I could smell it for hours. Odd. I am convinced I was so into heavy vanilla scents back then that I thought this was weak. Now I am not into vanilla so much anymore and wow , 2 sprays was all I needed.

heymoe9
heymoe9

Took this on a test drive at Neiman's. The extremely snooty saleswoman told me it was the best vanilla scent there was. After browsing for a bit all I smelled was harsh citrus on me.
Ms. Snooty informed me that was not possible, smelled me, the checked the ingredients.
Aha, there it was bergamot. 3 hours later and there is no scent left on me.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

This frag is such a disappointment to me.
The scent is all right, I'm not personally a fan of vanilla and citrus together but the blending is good.
However the sillage and longevity is a joke. Even after just applying I have to stick my wrist under my nose to smell anything, and the little bit that was there, dissapates after an hour, maybe 2 tops.
This reminds me a LOT of Xerjoff Lira, except in Lira the citric note is much stronger and the sillage and longevity make it almost worth the price.

litr8r
litr8r

So disappointing.
I went to the store prepared to love this fragrance and maybe even buy a small bottle.
Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed. The scent was faint and much sweeter than I thought it would be. The sugary smell lingered throughout the day, but faded from syrupy vanilla to primarily tonka bean and bergamot.
I concluded that I'd only like this scent if I used it to layer. But for $225 for one ounce, forget it.
Sadly, I'll pass on this one.

yunvme
yunvme

Absolutely no staying power.
Even though I find the fragrance nice, I feel cheated by the price. I am going through this at a fast rate. If it was 20.00 a bottle not 500.00 I would love it, but for the price I give it a thumbs way down. No silage, no projection. I can't even say it stays close to the body which would be fine, but it cannot even be detected at all 2 hours later. Boo.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Essentially, similar to Midnight In Paris, but more natural, smoother, lighter and fresher.

It's versatile, sweet without being too rich or cloying (though maybe to a fault as it barely projects), and it's a sweet fragrance that's perfect for the summer as it is winter.

However, with just vanilla and citrus, this product is way too simplistic, and I can't help but feel I paid for a vanilla oil rather than a whole fragrance.

Just imagine if Aventus only had pineapple and apple notes and all the other notes were gone. It would still be good, but it just wouldn't be a whole fragrance.

SV is good for people who want something simple, nuetral or something to help layer their other fragrances. But at a $200+ price tag, it's just very hard to recommend it to anyone, except vanilla purists with a lot of money.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Initially there is a beautiful blending of bright citrus and heady vanilla, evoking a gourmand quality (imagine fresh vanilla bean ice cream next to a slice of lemon chess pie). The lemon soon dissipates, leaving behind a one note vanilla scent to me. This vanilla is a definite departure from other vanilla-based scents I have experienced in the past. Gone is the highly synthetic/artificial vanilla note seen in drug store bought perfumes and lotions. In its place an organic almost earthy vanilla (perhaps thanks to the inclusion of tonka bean which grounds the scent). Although listed as a unisex scent, I feel this is better suited for the ladies. (13)

Zeldado50
Zeldado50

This is a very nice vanilla with light citrus very soft pleasant . It's one you have to sniff your wrist to smell and only lasts about 3 hours . I will finish my decant don't regret experiencing it but would not be missing it when it's gone . Nothing about it to me justifies the price .

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

i have both this and dior bois d'argent ... if u like this try dior .. much much cheaper to own and quality to me is just as good as far as smell goes ... dior mite even be better depends on who u ask .. but def if u like this try dior get urself a sample see what u think

suzrwin
suzrwin

A very pretty, not-too-sweet vanilla, but completely linear and on me, it wears so close to the skin that I can't even get a whiff without deliberately taking a sniff. Certainly not worth >$600 a bottle.

My current vanilla fave is Guerlain's Angelique Noire, and while still expensive, it is a darn better value than Sublime Vanille.

Wise-222
Wise-222

THIS IS THE BEST LIGHT VANILLE FRAGRANCE I HAVE SEEN
IN MY LIFE,VERY FRESH AND SOFT WITH A TOUTCH OF CITRUS.HIGHLY RECOMENDED TO THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE
UNHEAVY VANILLE FRAGRANCES.

REGARDS

Chattermonkey
Chattermonkey

This scent is like a slice of heaven. Its a classy vanilla not overwhelmingly citrusy scent. There isn't much you can hate about it except the price mark.

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

This is scent truly is sublime. It has an understated grandeur with its simplicity. One of my favorite Vanilla's, however yes, expensive.

teilani
teilani

Bought this as one of a variety of Creed samples to avoid breaking my bank account with blind purchases by the full size bottle. I did not have high hopes as I am not best fond of vanilla because I've been exposed to too many ugly artificial iterations.

This is a gorgeous scent. It will never be a signature of mine, but I will likely buy another sampler of it. On me, not a lot of the citrus comes through, but the vanilla and musk is perfect when I want something comforting and soothing. I like that this keeps close to my skin and if the longevity of the scent is on the ephemeral side, well, that is okay. This is truly lovely and I will savour it while it lasts on me.

Christy2198
Christy2198

OMG!I just got my sample of Sublime Vanille by Creed. I was looking at samples of Creed Love in White and Black, but since I am a sucker for a smooth vanilla, i thought I would try this. OMG! from the first sniff after I sprayed it on my wrist I am in love.

oona noir
oona noir

It took me forever to figure out what this reminds me of- a very stripped down Shalimar edp! I get a lot of citrus, vanilla and tonka with Shalimar and that's also what I get with Sublime Vanille. It's a lovely scent, definitely worth a test.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a lovely vanilla scent, really beautiful. A fresh pure vanilla that slowly gets powdery as it dries down. Honestly, it is not what you'd call unique or special, it doesn't have 'pop'. This one is a case of less is more. It's minimalist and very high quality, an elegant vanilla that really isn't gourmand. Do I love it? Yes, as will all vanilla lovers I would think. My boyfriend really liked it too. And the bottle is actually really pretty. Very nice sillage and staying power, as I would expect. So, to summarise, this is the vanilla to beat all vanillas, but 'all the rest' are still great enough that I'm not dying to have Sublime Vanille in my collection. When I'm more flushed, I'll probably just buy this for my vanilla scent and leave off with the others. But until then...I'll live without it.

leeyah87
leeyah87

Sublime Vanille always puts a smile on my face each time I wear it. It opens with creamy vanilla and a burst of lemon. The lemon is not screechy or astringent; rather, it is sweet without being sugary. As the scent develops, the lemon softens and the vanilla gets creamier, but somehow the vanilla remains uplifting and never veers into candy territory. When I wear Sublime Vanille to work, my co-worker always inhales deeply and says, "you smell so heavenly". It is true that this scent has a simple composition, but there is something about this simplicity that I find immensely wearable...and addicting! I find myself craving it everyday and not wanting to wear anything else. This scent is definitely full bottle worthy for me, but unfortunately, I cannot afford the $575 price tag. It is very reasonably priced if you break it down per ml or per ounce, but I just cannot afford to buy that much juice at one time. I emailed Creed asking that they make this scent available in a smaller, more practical sized bottle, so I hope they consider it.

Sillage and lasting power are actually very good on me. However, I admit that the very first time I ever sampled it, I could not smell it. I think my nose was burnt out from over-sampling :op I have a decant and use two sprays and I'm good for 6-8 hours, depending on how humid it is.

I love this scent for its modesty - it is such a pleasure to wear :o)

UPDATE: The price is now $640 for the Royal Exclusives line.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

Amazing scent. Well balanced and very good transition. Warm vanilla scent. Attracts women.

Nichehead
Nichehead

This is one of the most beautiful vanilla base fragrance i have ever smelled. Perfect for a couple to buy together since it only comes in a 8.4 oz flacon. I wish i could afford it right now, maybe down the road i will be able to purchase this fine fragrance.

gregmech26
gregmech26

Creed Sublime Vanille smells like a vanilla wafer with a hint of lemon citrus and a touch of white flower.

It has a lovely sillage that leaves a trail wherever you go. This is my most-complimented, natural-smelling, and high-class fragrance that I have ever owned. It's a very light and airy scent, and not heavy or overwhelming. I prefer light and transparent scents!

Although not scientifically proven, I believe Creed Sublime Vanille is better than Prozac as a mood enhancer. Many people will claim certain fragrances to be unisex when those fragrances really sway to the feminine side; however, Sublime Vanille is truly unisex and easily worn by a man. I just wish it came with its own atomizer rather than being sold as a splash.

I find this to be much better, and less synthetic, than Givenchy Pi. As you know, fragrance (like art) is a highly subjective issue. In my opinion, Creed Sublime Vanille is the BEST vanilla fragrance on the market in terms of quality, uniqueness, and natural smell. It has just the right sweetness mixed with raw vanilla, without smelling artifical or like a cloying candy bar.

This is easily worn by a successful professional in a suit and tie, or by a casual male in Dockers and a golf shirt. That's why it's my new signature scent, and I'm super picky. The only other scent I wear is Creed Virgin Island Water.

I'd rather have just one or two fragrances that I love, than a wardrobe full of mediocre fragrances that I only wear twice a year.

A wise investment if you can find it, and afford a $600 bottle.

cristina.casillo
cristina.casillo

Io personalmente lo adoro e nn riesco a rinuncuarci , è parte di me ogni giorno. Ma come farò quando finirò i miei ml a disposizione? Costa veramente tanto e nn è persistente. Quindi , o metteranno in commercio anche la crema per il corpo o renderanno la fragranza piu' persistente, altrimenti ne farò a meno . Purtroppo.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

If heaven were a bottle,this would hold the essence of angels!The Tahitian and bourbon vanilla mix so well,not overpowering, light and airy.I get little whiffs of it during the day, and it makes me smile.Alas,the price reaches the heavens as well,but then,this is the vanilla scent, all other vanilla scents aspire to be.

ralucucky
ralucucky

Waaaay too expensive, but it smells heavenly.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Creed Sublime Vanille is a very rich comforting scent that borders on gourmand.

It opens with a silky caramelized bourbon vanilla note that is soft and smooth, and there is a citrus note that stands behind the vanilla in the opening which prevents it from being an overly extreme, uncut vanilla.

As it dries down, a whisper of orchid starts to make itself heard, and it ends with a lovely sweet and musky vanilla dry down.

The smoothness of the blend of the vanilla note with the other notes is a little reminiscent of Serge Lutens' Un Bois Vanille... they both have that same caramelized vanillic sweetness on my skin, but SV has a tangy tartness that is lacking in the Lutens.

I really love this rich luxurious vanilla fragrance, although I really don't love the price, especially as I find it doesn't last all that long and has quite poor sillage. But the bottle is stunning, and an aesthetic asset to any dresser.

Overall, it's a great scent in terms of its aroma, but it falls down in terms of value for what you get (very little sillage and poor lasting power at a high price).

If Creed could improve this scent's lasting power and if it was a little stronger with better sillage, then I would repurchase without a doubt, because it is a beautiful fragrance.

Celsius
Celsius

Soft, sublime vanilla scent. Wraps close to your body.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

A radiant, albeit boring take on vanilla. The boozy thickness of the central accord is flanked by white floral notes and a hint of citrus and spice. It's nice enough and totally unisex, but not something I would wear. Surprisingly heavy for a Creed.

celina
celina

How do you take your … vanilla? Strong and heady? Gourmand? With spices? Incenses? With Chocolate? Flowers? Smoky?

It is just a question of taste. But, if you like it light with a touch of lemon and orange and a musky sensuous orchid in the dry down, this should be your choice. It has some similarities with Shalimar Legere. One plays with the jasmine note, the other one with the orchid notes.

It will not make the list for the best vanillas, classics, masterpieces, etc. but this is a refined fragrance made with quality ingredients. Without any doubts.
I love the Vanilla Bourbon choice here. It adds richness without being heavy.

It has a soft sillage that will satisfy just your pleasure and bother nobody else around you. Nothing harsh, no cheap synthetics. Not too sweet. Not too floral. Not too dark. After 4 hours it is still here.

If it wasn’t so expensive I would recommend it to everybody. ☺

7.9/10

floof
floof

Nothing special, almost couldnt smell it at all. The price is unreasonable, too, 0 lasting power. Tihota is worlds better also Vaniglia del Madagascar. I would have spent the money for a rich, beautiful, long lasting vanilla but this isn't it.

Mokokos
Mokokos

This is a magnificent fragrance. It smells wonderful, sophisticated, and stays close to the skin. Vanilla and a touch of lemon carry it in the air. There is a beautiful wedding cake scent to it that is absolutely scrumptious. At times it smells like a cooled creme brûlée. I would dare say that this marks an important transition of Olivier Creed and his son Edwin as they collaborated on the creation of this scent. It does have silage, as I was complemented on the scent about 6 hours after I first put it on in the morning. Simply a gorgeous fragrance.

guest_Olfac
guest_Olfac

Deceptively simple but loaded with quality vanilla. Fine citrus on top, and then top quality orchid flower mixed in with some bourbon vanilla. Make no mistake if you have experience with the actual materials, this fragrance is all about orchid flower+bourbon vanilla, and it lasts a good 4-5 hours although sillage is low. If you are used to harsh synthetic ethy-vanillin dominated vanilla fragrances, you won't "get" this. Its clear quality vanilla notes are void of sugary tones and make for a perfect casual wear.

MDWake8
MDWake8

Gorgeous. So simple and yet all the right elements to make the perfect classically clean vanilla scent.

Jlew
Jlew

I SOOOO wanted to love this. Anything with LIME in it. I was fooling myself because I am not a fan of vanilla scents ( I can never get beyond the vanilla musk of my youth ). I shall never give up on creed but this is not one for me.

dial800whocares
dial800whocares

I tested this fragrance and i honestly could barely smell it it was that light. I love vanilla, but for $475 a bottle one squirt should be enough to last for hours and certainly you should be able to at least smell it on your skin. There are much cheaper alternatives out there for a vanilla scent..especially one quite this bland.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

OMG I love this. I get a nice mixture of lime and vanilla, then it simmers down to a pleasant and sweet vanilla. I just knew I would like this perfume!

Natalia78
Natalia78

Majestic bliss.I wish I could afford it.

Sublime Vanille by Creed 4.14 out of 5 based on 207 ratings and 54 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Sublime Vanille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Sublime Vanille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sublime Vanille by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sublime Vanille by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.