Designers » C » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Tabarome Creed for men
dislike

tobacco
Tabarome Creed for men Pictures

Tabarome was originally created for a British statesman known for his love of brandy and fine cigars. The name "Tabarome" honors the tobacco aroma that gives this fragrance a touch of luxury.

The word millesime appears on many CREED fragrance bottles and is a mark of quality. The millesime designation means that the best crops from a particular year’s harvest were used in the creation of that particular bottle of CREED fragrance.

The top notes of Tabarome include bergamot and tangerine. The heart includes ginger. Base notes consist of sandalwood, patchouli, ambergris, tobacco and leather. Tabarome was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot Tangerine

Ginger

Patchouli Ambergris Sandalwood Tobacco Leather

Tabarome Fragrance Reviews

think4yerslf
think4yerslf

Tabarome is to me the ultimate manly scent. That smooth mixture of tobacco leaf and citrus adds just the right touch of class to any man. My all time favorite, hands down!

marioslg3
marioslg3

What is common between this and dirty english?? Are we serious? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Two different perfumes, both great...

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I love Tabarome...manly, but not too bold, and a great fragrance for both the office or date night; one of my top five tobacco fragrances! To me, Tabarome is a wonderful tobacco, spicy, ginger-ambergris scent - and I also detect a pleasing leather note (underrated IMO) lurking in the background during the first hour or two.

The tobacco in this fragrance reminds me of smelling half-green/half-brown tobacco leaves being sun cured...just sprinkle liberally with spices and ginger and there you have it, Tabarome. Personally, I don't get much of a tea vibe out of this scent--just a rich tobacco--but every once in a while I'll get a whiff of that Gucci Pour Homme II tea note, but it quickly disappears. Perhaps it's how the spice/ginger interacts with tobacco? I believe that I have only one other fragrance with tobacco and ginger (Dolce & Gabbana The One) and that one reminds me more of tea than tobacco. Go figure!

Tabarome is indeed, "A fragrance for men who aspire to be leaders." If you like tobacco and ginger then you're gonna love this one...if not, you won't.

Marciu
Marciu

I don't know why there's no tea in the notes breakdown here.

What I get out of Tabarome is a strong black tea(might be green as well, but it's strong indeed) spiced up by ginger and citruses with leather-ambergris drydown. Longevity is something around 6 hours, not bad, but I expected a little more... I guess intensified application could help(I sprayed only two times).

IMO Tabarome fits best to fall and spring, I think I wouldn't wear it neither in summer(I guess it could be cloying in the heat) nor in winter(it could be a little too weak for such weather). And I imagine myself wearing a suit while wearing this scent, it's more official than casual fragrance to me...

Amazing!!! What a great fragrance and possibly the best progression of any Creed. In this regard it reminds me of bois du Portugal the way the notes change throughout.
Starts out with a blast of lemon and bergamot citrus which settles into a gorgeous juicy and long lasting mandarin orange note which is spiced with the roughness of ginger and dry yet refreshing tea in the heart. It then drys down after several hours to a tobacco and amazing leather which is not totally unexpected but really took me by surprise as it's not that evident in the first few hours.
I'd read lots of lacklustre reviews about Tabarome not being as good as the original and all of that but who cares? I've never tried the vintage Tabarome and judging by how rare and expensive it is I probably never will, all I know is that this is yet another classic men's fragrance from Creed.
Fresh, classic, long lasting what's not to like about this? My favourite Creed keeps changing and now this one is in the running.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

THIS JUICE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN WHT YOU THINK IT WILL BE! If you're reading the reviews, planning a blind buy, let me prepare you. This was a blind buy for me, and I'm very happy with this stuff, it was just totally different than I was expecting. I only have one tobacco fragrance to compare it to, TF Tobacco Vanille. So, you see tobacco, and think…Tobacco! I get an overwhelming green tea and ginger smell. Now, once I accepted that this was not what I was expecting, I am very happy with it. It gets compliments, this stuff lasts forever on me and projects very well. It's definitely unique. I agree with other reviews, you may need to wear this a day or two to really warm up to it, but once you do, it'll be a favorite. I left my house 2 hours ago and my wife just texted, saying "this whole house smells like your cologne! what are you wearing? it smells amazing!". When I told her, she was very surprised. She wasn't sure how she felt about it at first, apparently, i have a winner. Again, not a typical Tobacco smell, but very very nice indeed.

I give it a 9/10 (only because Royal Oud gets a 10/10 and I'd pick Royal Oud before this)

fuggerone
fuggerone

I just emptied my first and last bottle of this scent with its thin sillage and longevity had to be overapplied, all in all nice green tea/tobacco smell, quality/price ratio extremely low...

Bunino
Bunino

I almost feel bad for what I'm going to type. THIS, ladies and gentlemen smells like a DEPARTMENT STORE FRAGRANCE, ala Burberry. What a disappointment. Where the hell is the tobacco? This is fresh and clean with no maturity about it whatsoever.

sharmap14
sharmap14

agree with the last guy it does not smell like tobaccco and on me it smells really green like chlorophyll ... cud be a good summer scent for the right guy

benpitt
benpitt

I bought a sample and it doesn't fit me well; Old man smell.

I gave it to my pal and it and it smells dynamite on him! Wish it worked for me...a really pleasing scent on the right person!

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

This is a very nice fragrance! Warm, classy, and extreemly elegant! A nice elegant attire is requisite. -Yet another masterpiece from Creed. A scent to warm you on chilly fall and winter days.
Both modern and classical!

Fragrancenut9277
Fragrancenut9277

This a beautiful fragrance to wear on a cool autumn day. The ginger is warming and the tobacco and sandalwood drydown gives you an aura of pleasant confidence and sophistication. Taberome is a triumph of the highest caliber. Mind you, not everyone will be able to pull this off. This fragrance is for the mature man.

SDVHC
SDVHC

After a thick research, finally I've found the perfume that I was looking!

Tobacco a lot without useless sweetness, vanilla, predominance of citrus and other unpleasant (for my taste) aspects. A true perfume for man.

Very thanks Creed!

b360
b360

tobacco ginger leather little bergamot citrus ...not such an appealing smell on my skin i have to admit its not long lasting either..but its awesome on wool jackets or sweaters or anything flannel..when i smell this stuff i imagine foggy grey london days...sherlock holmes stories and such....7/10

kazewayz
kazewayz

This one was spicy and woody. There was some citrus in the initial splash, but the dry down is a bit muskier and woodier. A bit sour as well, gave it like a winy smell to it. A nice scent for formal events, or night time use. Try it.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I tried Tabarone Millesime via a 1 ml Nordstom sample.

I'm not impressed with it. I get the tobacco, ginger and tea notes (more tea than ginger, I think); it's very soft. But, sadly, it fades very quickly. It's not an especially memorable scent and, frankly, I don't think it's worth Creed's asking price.

Winston Churchill wore this? I bet his cigar overwhelmed whatever Creed formulated for him...

jtis30
jtis30

Tabarome fades quickly on my skin so I apply a bit of oil beforehand to make it stick - and it lasts much longer. I like this fragrance ALOT & it drives my GF crazy in a good way. It's a bit expensive so I'm not sure I'll buy another 4 oz. Good Stuff!

jawsh3539
jawsh3539

I actually love the smell of this stuff, but it is very weak on my skin. It fades quickly and does not project well for me. That makes me sad because I would buy a bottle if it did.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

I know reviews on Fragrantica are almost always positive, but I have to provide the opposing view here.

Tabarome Millesime is bad. I love every single Creed I've tried, but Tabarome makes me nauseous. Tried it several times, and it got less nauseating as you adapt to it, but I still would never buy it.

It's way too sweet and cloying for what it is, an oriental. The ginger note is way too pronounced and it dominates the fragrance. There is very little tobacco if any, and the tobacco note is far from the best I've smelled. It doesn't seem very wearable or versatile; men under 30 won't want this.

It has a base similar to Himalaya which I like (if you can get past the other disgusting notes of this fragrance), but most of the time I find myself thinking, why don't I just buy Himalaya?

Sorry, if I'm rating down your favorite fragrance, but I have to give both sides because not everyone's a collector. Many people on here are average consumers, and for them, there is absolutely no reason to drop $200 on this.

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

Review for Tabarome Millesime

Was looking forward to this as I'm generally a fan of Creed, was expecting tobacco, gentleman's club, leather, but unfortunately found a buzzy synthetic mess that followed me around for the day like a mosquito...

I'm sure the Vintage Tabarome is a different story, but this is a pass for me.

williamvargas
williamvargas

just got a good sized sample of this, trying it out , opening is impressive, very nice fragrance and will update...i could see a formal setting for this one, but also some casual wear in the right settings would work well, could easily be a signature type of scent , masuculine.wasn't this originally made for winston churchill? i could see that a powerful man wearing this, that is the ambiance of this one....nice..will update more.
but so far like this very much..could be among my favorite scents right now, have been testing for a couple of days now..
not overpowering longevity but while it lasts very nice scent.
would have loved to have sniffed the original , I understand it is not even close but either way I still enjoy this one.
update, I found a 3 mil atomizer on ebay of original tabarome..what I tried one was one good spray to my chest with that and then about 4 sprays of tabarome on other parts of me, the combination was impressive..take that.
this does not get the love other creeds get, but to me it is a great scent. I always garner a compliment with it. since I have smelled the original, this is not that beast but overall I can not see how it would disappoint.. maybe price point.. but compared to a lot of designer scents, this knocks the socks off most of those on just its compostion. I would test it.

takeitupthenose

I hope to review my collection including decants over this year. I really want to rexperience and get personal with my collection before I buy something else.

So here goes TM. This is a gentleman's fragrance. Think Sherlock Holmes meets the new millenium. It has a retro, classic british feel to it, yet a very modern appeal. It is truly a timeless fragrance. I want to list categories in all of my future reviews so I will do that below. This opens with a fizzy citrus accord or better yet a creamy citrus accord which become a bit fizzy or fuzzy like from ginger and the creamy woody sweetness of the sandlewood. The citrus is there through the duration but is never really sharp or calone like, it is only glazed by the citrus adding the classic pop to the fragrance and giving it a very versatile appeal.

About 45 minutes and on the tobacco comes and this is where you get the British Sherlock Holmes type of aromoa. It is quite the natural tobacco and it blends so effortlessly with the sandlewood, citrus and ginger that it really adds a spiciness to the fragrance more than a pure tobacco fragrance. You do sense it but I would think most people couldn't pull it out if they sniffed you (this is a compliment to the fragrance not a knock).

I want to add that the tea note could also be provide the fuzziness to the fragrance I think this happens in Ambre Russe and Midnight in Paris.

As the fragrance heads into the heart notes the vetiver picks up and the fragrance becomes a bit more spicy fresh.......and then....well you knew it. The classic Creed DNA starts to kick in deep into the heart of the fragrance. Creed's Ambergris and Musk start to amp up and now you have this wonderul musky sweetness which Creed is known for.

By the drydown what you have is a just a well blended fragrance. A bit spicy a bit fresh a bit musky and a bit sharp from the ginger/citrus and vetiver. A lovely composition to say the least. I actually think the uniquness of this pushes this to my third favorite of the line up honestly (behind Royal Oud and Aventus maybe 4th behind MI).

Longevity - A- about 6 really good hours and 8 overall

Projection - A great for why the fragrance was made

Sillage - ??? don't know but I think good

Verastility - B+ can be worn year around not as casually though (park/heavy activity) better for office or date/dinner wear

Age - Mature in my opinion maybe 25+ but never limit this as fragrance is a choice and age only a number.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I absolutely LOVE this cologne. I wore it, for the first time, at my Goddaughter's wedding 7 years ago. I have been using it since then and everytime I wear it I get compliments. I love the warm feel of it and it lasts a long time on me. I do smell the tobacco which is very nice.

rpopescu
rpopescu

This would be good if it were less harsh and smelled less synthetic and chemical. It becomes acceptable on me after a couple of hours, and I start to like it a bit, but the base notes that (according to my nose) it shares with Green Irish Tweed make me dislike it overall.

grampz
grampz

At first spray, some might be repulsed by this, its heavy, strong checmical like, in youre face. The initial spray reminds me a little bit of Erolfa, however the strong ginger note seperates the two, I do find the citrus freshens up the mix, for a while, until the dry down where it becomes a very dry, green scent with the ginger in the background, as its already been mentioned, the tobacco is very fresh/green, not ashy, its not over the top but I feel that it blends very well with the mix. I get solid longevity from this (6-8+ hours easily which is a winner in my books) as well as projection and sillage, I wore it today and it was projecting fairly nice and even after 4 hours. I see alot of reviews stating this scent is very mature+suit and tie, I can definately see that however I also find that if you wear it appropriately (meaning light on the trigger here) it has more versatility+very pleasant to wear, no complaints with this frag at all.

Overall, I really like this Creed very much (easily top 3 to me) its more masculine than most of the others that are talked about (ex, SMW, VIW, OS, MI, etc) and although you might not get all the greatest compliments in the world with this one (can come off very harsh) to me its an acquired taste i like very much and thats all i care about.

Reminds me of Bleu de Chanel

Zenith
Zenith

What a fantastic fragrance. While the name obviously alludes to tobacco, I do not get a lot of that, I do get a lot of ginger and tea leaf. This is a masculine fragrance, but not overly so. It is not macho if that is what you are looking for, but the fragrance for a more sophisticated male.

It lasts a fair while, and has an odd note. @Shibiscuit mentioned saliva and that is close to the mark, but not quite there. I love wearing this fragrance, but as with all creed fragrances, I'm not sure the product justifies the cost.

One of the nicer more masculine fragrances out there, well worth checking out

shibiscuit
shibiscuit

Asked for a sample and smelled it.

While it does smell like everything the reviews have been saying it does, I can't seem to block out the scent of "spit" or "saliva" that it most certainly has in my opinion. Does anyone else agree?

rdickey
rdickey

Review of Tabarome Millesime (as I am too poor to obtain Tabarome Vintage/Private0: This is definitely not just for men! I am a woman and I LOVE wearing it! It is a warm heaven that surrounds me everywhere I go. So sumptuous and rich!

jamwires
jamwires

Tabarome is highly underrated.

This one won't wow you right off the bat. Don't expect to sniff this and be blown away. However, after I sampled it on my wrist a couple times, and decided to give it a full wear - that's when I "got it."

It's unbelievably classy, but I'd argue that it doesn't smell dated, or "old man." I smell little pieces of classic fragrances in this one, blended with something that makes this slightly modern and very wearable. I'd put this alongside Green Irish Tweed in that department - they're both so classic, yet, modern at the same time, it blows my mind.

This stuff is pretty strong. 3 sprays lasted all day, my wife complimented me about 6 hours after application today. I was also in the mall, and had a few younger girls following me, and I could hear them saying how good I smell. Seems to be liked by all demographics.

This is a real winner, and I'm fine with it being underrated!

al1nonly
al1nonly

The most mature scent out there. It smells great, the beginning is strong and the dry down is perfect. Strictly suit and tie and only important events fragrance. Not for the club or everyday use. This bottle should be with me for about 5 years since i will only use it strictly for the most of important and mature events.

ericrico
ericrico

I like this (a lot!) - it is my absolute favorite fragrance from the Creed house. Period. It is distinct, refined, gentlemanly - but also possesses uniqueness. Definitely not an everyday scent, but very nice for special occasions, a night out, a cigar, reading a classic book, or watching an old black and white film with Bogart. Jack_Hunter said that this is Sherlock Holmes with his pipe - I pictured it, and it is not far from the truth and a great review. A very solid offering from Creed (and I am not a huge advocate of the house) that I absolutely look forward to wearing. I am finding it to be a year-round scent. At first, only cool weather was my initial thought, but this blends so well with my body chemistry...and it does not get cloying at all. This exudes class & taste - not for boys, men only (and those with refinement).

I really like the ginger here - the opening smells fresh, sharp and so brilliantly aromatic. I don't know how many people here have tried smelling and eating raw ginger (yes, the root), not the pickled stuff on a sushi plate - but this is very good in the top and true to smell. A nice splash of rich, fresh citrus - mainly bergamot opens the scent for a while and it is beautifully lifted and seems to sparkle. It is a very natural and goes fantastic with the tangerine and lemon (nothing bitter). Impeccable opening with the tobacco leaf peaking through even in the opening - but the totally fresh citrus and ginger are brilliant.

This is not a deep and brooding scent - but a clean, vibrant and masculine one. The top notes segue into the green tea, which is perfect with those notes. The heart of the composition is the beautiful Virginia tobacco leaf blended with that slight herbal green tea and a touch of ambergris. What this scent is ALL about is the tobacco - mainly fresh green leaves, and a pinch of pipe tobacco and a nice luxurious cigar (in the drydown - not smoky, but that beautiful aroma of a hand-rolled light-to-medium bodied Churchill). This is where Tabarome shines for me...and I have to say, that when you wear this and smoke a nice cigar, it is truly exquisite. It is rumored that Creed actually uses select Virginia tobacco and Cuban tobacco blended together to get the balance they want. Interesting.

I get compliments when I wear this - everytime. The ambergris, like virtually all Creed Millesimes is present, and it used to be the only thing I didn't like (or, better yet, appreciate) in this fragrance - now I find it as an interesting note in the composition. If that note was left out and just sandalwood and the clean vetiver intermingled with the warm musk on the drydown with the tobacco, then it would be a bit more "mainstream". The fragrance is wonderful on skin - so warming, natural and inviting...I love the tobacco blending with the musk and nice smooth sandalwood, lifted by the clean and light vetiver accord, which keeps the green notes well integrated throughout. Those "green" notes don't create any bitterness, but instead show all the components in a "fresher" state, versus dry or dark - a slightly earthy green tea (again, very natural), a light green accord in the tobacco leaf and the vetiver that is accompanied by just a touch of patchouli, which comes at the end of heart into the warm dry down - not a key note, but a wonderful and aromatic way to also add a bit more richness and depth.

*Update* - the ambergris has settled into my olfactory perspective more and I find it very well-integrated (especially with this scent, among others that have it). I actually like it as it has grown on me, even as a note and it is done very well here. People say musk is prominent. True - there is definitely a great, warm musk here in the dry-down, but, for me, it is the ambergris that could be off-putting to some people not familiar. Similar in many ways to one another, but ambergris comes from whales and musk from deer (in nature - synthesized molecules in most fragrance houses). The base of this is warm, but fresh - and the tobacco reigns king throughout, while being enhanced with citrus, ginger, green tea and a light vetiver note (clean, not dirty) that I didn't find too strong - further wearings have shown it more pronounced and what enhances the green notes, but the drydown is so warm with the tobacco, sandalwood and musk. All the parts are "in order", with none too dominant - a wonderfully-blended composition that creates a sense of harmony and balance!

Don't buy blind - as the price point is not cheap at all. I would rate this a solid 8.5+/10 for sheer quality and genuine composition, which is remarkable. Longevity is decent and sillage is a touch strong at first (with the sharp Bergamot and Ginger) - which I like, but it dries down to a nice skin scent. For gentlemen and regular guys who want to feel like one - good stuff, indeed!

*Updated Score* - 9+/10. Very classy and excellent fragrance - incredibly refined. More special occasion and dressed up scent, but one that I look forward to wearing! Creed, while highly-regarded and sought-out, is not my favorite house - but this bottle of juice really does a wonderful job with several accords I love and others I have grown to admire. A dandy bottle of superb juice in a classic flacon that exudes sophistication, taste and distinction. Cheers!

Kain
Kain

One of the best from Creed house for me!
This is a great masculine fragrance.
Start with green and also a little sharp scent of tobacco, vetiver, ginger and just a little citrus notes.
The tobacco note here is not dark and smoky like "Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla" for example.It's very green and herbal.
In the drydown, tea note joins the party with a little sweetness from musk.
In the base, musk become more intense and finally fragrance ends with sweet musk.
Unfortunately the base isn't that great and you will get musk all the way through. but the opening and drydown is great and worth to buy this great fragrance.
Very good projection and above average longevity with this guy!
یه عطر بسیار سبز، خوشبو، مردانه با بوی تقریبا کلاسیک
در ابتدا شما رایحه نسبتا تند تنباکو، خس خس، زنجبیل و کمی مرکبات رو حس میکنین
بوی تنباکو اینجا به هیچ وجه تاریک و تلخ مثل توتون سیگار نیست. بوش بیشتر مثل تنباکوی تازه میمونه که تازه از زمین کنده شده و بوی نسبتا تلخ، اما بیشتر سبز و گیاهی داره
در ادامه کمی بوی چای سبز بهش اضافه میشه که بازم حس سبز بودن عطرُ بیشتر میکنه
در انتها متاسفانه عطر فقط بوی شیرین مشک میده که یه بویی حیوانی مانند هم همراهیش میکنه که چندان جالب نیست و من شخصا خوشم نمیاد از این. اما رایحه اولیه و میانی خیلی خوبه
پخش بوی عالی و ماندگاری خوبی داره

takeitupthenose

Will add a full review; however, I have had a sample for about 6 months never put it on my skin, a friend sent me like 5ml to try out, sprayed it waited about 3 hours and asked him to sell me 20ml of his flacon! This is gorgeous!!!!

INJEN
INJEN

I buy this and taught at first and said to my self what a waste of money since i get the 120ml and after i wore it a few times i kinda realize its not that bad.

twlahue

Reminds me of Dirty English.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Fragrance Notes: Tobacco, Green Tea, Ginger, Bergamot, Sandalwood, Patchouli.

Now imagine Sherlock Holmes smoking his pipe by a open fire or Humphery Bogert in his dressing gown holding a conqac standing by a piano. This scent is a classic warm and very sensual fragrance that has that old time sophisication about it.

To me it smells like a sweet Jasmine type fragrance that has been darkened with tobacco and ginger to make it more masculine type scent. It also has a combination to my nose of sandalwood, patchouli and vetiver , subtly blended with lighter , fresh aroma of Green Tea mandarin and lemon all woven together in a bouquet of sweet/tobacco scent reminisce of the 1950's. Or to put it simply a sweet tobacco scent. Lol

Now I like this as it evokes the 1950's or what Sherlock Holmes would wear and it is nice but not a scent you would say wow or I have to have this. I like this as I appreciate classic scents and I like my Creed scents.

silentrich
silentrich

This is not an old mans fragrance in the least. It's a ginger and fruity fragrance with a touch of tobacco. It's more of a formal fragrance, but would make a fantastic work, or casual night out fragrance. If you like YSL L'Homme, Gucci Envy, Dior homme sport, or any ginger based fragrance you'll like this one.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Luca Turin suggested this was a mislabeled Sport fragrance, and for once I must agree with him. Although it smells very clean and fresh, I'm not getting the tobacco and precious little of the tea. Really it just reads as citrus and musk, with a healthy wallop of ambergris. Typical for a modern Creed, and actually a bit lighter than the rest. Worth using if you need something distinctive at the gym.

marioslg
marioslg

perfect for mature men. lasts all day and is very masculine

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Tabacco and suede, should have been wonderful, but I swear I was getting a clear mothball scent with this as well...or at least something that I strongly associated with mothballs...maybe like a stuffy old closet or something. Anyway, as much as I wanted to like this venerable wonder, I could not. Sadly, I will not be wearing this one. BTW, this was the Tabarome Millesime I sampled. Guess I should try the classic if there is a difference.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

i had heard so much about creed tabarome, i was infact looking for some tobaco perfume. today i had my hands on creed tabarome millesime, and it REALLY DISAPPOINTED me. so much praise for such a thing. initial notes really like chemicals which finally turn into somewhat nice but in no way an exception , and such a high price. even another perfume was better than this ( it was a white bottle , perhaps lilly in white?).

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

Tabarome is fresher, lighter and more wearable than it might seem based on the notes that compose it. A very clean and delicate fragrance that it can be used either in cold or hot climates any time of day or night. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I find it hard to perceive it, or maybe is just that I wish it would be a little stronger. Tabarome is definitely not my favorite Creed, but it is highly recommended and I will be more than happy to get a new bottle once I finish my actual one.

dboy2083
dboy2083

I find this scent to be extremely unique and extraordinary, never before have I smelled anything quite like it! My next major purchase for sure. creed never ceases to amaze!

I've spent quite some time trying to track down this fragrance, well to be honest anything by Creed. Seeming that this fragrance hinted at all things tobacco (one of my favourite notes), I thought it might as well be the perfect Creed introduction.

Surprisingly Tabarome isn't as bold and masculine as I imagined it to be. The scent is quite soft and oddly refreshing. The tobacco note is certainly there, however it's not as strong as let's say, Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

I get a smooth, slightly dry blend of ginger, lemon, sandalwood, tea and tobacco. There's a hint of musky sweetness every now and then, which brings me to suggest this fragrance for both sexes, despite its rather masculine qualities.

Tabarome is quite sexy, in a ruggedly masculine, strictly business type fashion. The composition is balanced and very classic. Apparently Winston Churchill wore this, and I must agree that in some ways this fragrance would suit a much older man.

At times this fragrance has a rather bitter edge, most likely brought about by the ginger clashing with the vetiver. It's not unpleasant, but it's perhaps an acquired taste. Tabarome also has a very subtle hint of soapiness.

In regards to longevity, Tabarome is great, however there are moments when I'm slightly anosmic to this fragrance. The beauty of Tabarome comes and goes as it pleases.

lfmars98
lfmars98

This has a dry tabacco opening and it drydown to a warm tobacco aroma. Not my style.

Being a relative newcomer to Creed scents, I find this to be one of the ones I like the most. Tobacco has such a wonderful aroma!

*Thanks sherapop, for the vial of this stunning scent, you're the Best!!*

I met a man in the city walking through a lot with a large bundle of green leaves in his arms. Curious, I asked him what it was and he said his neighbor grows his own tobacco and he was taking this to a friend to dry and smoke! I asked if I could smell it and when I did, it was not the smoky, stale scent of cigarettes or even the warm richness of pipe tobacco. It was a warm, green, earthy scent that was almost tangible, very rich and lovely. This is the scent in Tabarome Millesime!

On first appliying TM, I was very taken by it's warmth and light sweetness. The ginger is warm and fresh, and the citruses are there to provide a sheer brightness but are not sharp or too sweet. I applied the vial to both wrists and rubbed the applicator stick to each side of my neck and I am currently surrounded by this warm, wonderfully earthy scent! Vetiver's clean green aroma blends so well with the light sandalwood, earthy but nowhere near 'dirty'. The drydown is where this shines! The fresh tobacco is there in all it's glory is joined by green tea's clean scent and the perfect amount of musk. Simply gorgeous...This may be my first FB purchase from Creed!

Sillage: decent
Longevity: average to good
Overall: 4.25/5

This scent is designed for men but is not a stuffy, manly-man scent. This could be worn by a woman just as well as a man! It is simple and elegant and very natural. This has the best tobacco note I haved smelled to date (bar none!) and if you like the smell of tobacco (NOT smoke) you will want to try this. Another winner from Creed...

NB:I do not know the difference between the two Tabarome's and I just assumed Tabarome was the scent and Millesime meant a lighter version, but then I'm new to the whole niche/luxe thing, so you must forgive any ignorance or any mis-labelling on my part. Thank you...

Omega Man
Omega Man

Excellent and unique fragrance that is great for summer vacation at the beach. Starts off sweet and peppery and after 2 hours or so, it becomes an awesome-smelling soft woods with great longevity and depth. It evokes a classy casualness.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

This is a top quality scent , i just finished my bottle and i will definetely buy another one . im a big fan of CREED

I am beginning to wonder whether I might have been a chain smoker in a past life, as I find myself delighted by every fragrance in which tobacco plays a central role, and especially in savory presentations. Part of my excitement may be due to the relative dearth of the tobacco note in women's perfume, and especially outside gourmand territory.

Creed TABAROME is a delectable tobacco composition with no sweetness, no ashiness, and no dirtiness. This is not the smell of cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. TABAROME is clean, wet, green, freshly harvested piles of tobacco leaves, beautifully framed by a few gentle aromatics. Fresh tea leaves are present as well, along with sandalwood, vetiver and musk, serving to anchor the composition and impart good longevity and medium sillage.

I do not believe that TABAROME is suited only for men, nor that this is an "old school", "landed gentry" frag. I find this sumptuous in the way in which so many patchouli perfumes are--the clean ones, not the dark, dirty ones.

Perhaps tobacco land owners should abandon their doomed projects to create new smokers and instead divert their energies, resources and time to the perfume industry. I honestly believe that now that patchouli has achieved market saturation, tobacco could be the new patchouli...

Highly recommended. On my wish list, too!

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

A very classy fragrance from Creed. One of the best. Fresh and warm. Sensual, sophisticated and masculine with great sillage and staying-power. It`s a masterpiece from the Millesime-series. Luxurious!

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Tabarome Millesime is great but not for everyday, teens, nor casual or for working days. It's more mature, romantic, classic, even vacation on a beach with some sea salt scent in this fragrance. All Creeds are well blended and done with great ingredients.

9,5/10

the_good_life
the_good_life

This review is for Tabarôme Private Collection (commonly known as "vintage), NOT Tabarôme Millésime.

Much more impressive than the dubious claim of having been made for George IV in 1875 (after all, the rake died in 1830) or worn by Churchill or Bogart, is the fact that this version of Tabarôme, whenever it may have actually been put together, perfectly evokes the late Victorian era and its slowly atrophying upper class, private club, leather chairs, Savile Row frocks and all.
This is certainly one of the more complex Creeds and the officially listed ingredients (bergamot, lime/clove, sandalwood, vetiver/leather, ambergris, tobacco leaves, tonka beans) cannot alone account for the overpowering effect that delights some and scares off others. To me, it seems, this pyramid completely omits the sweetness (save tonka) which I find characteristic of VT. In fact, I would go as far as to call it an occidental version of Fumerie Turque - less syrupy, not as harsh and smoky in the tobacco, but similar in blending tobacco, leather, florals, vanilla/tonka and perhaps beeswax or honey. I'm pretty sure there is tobacco blossom in VT, too, as well as jasmine, perhaps a little bit of rose and other florals. The clove&vetiver in the heart reminds me of Spiced Limes by Crown. There seems to be sweet-animalic castoreum here as well and orris provides a diffusive/powdery effect. The end result is a dense, sweet, yet also abrasively masculine powerhouse of a perfume which certainly will work best on an over-40 male in very formal attire. A superb scent and one of Creeds very finest.

steve_arm
steve_arm

Tabarome.
Have you ever wondered how it would be
to wake up wrapped inside a cuban cigar?
Put some Tabarome on and you have your
answer.
This scent is all about tobacco, from
start to finish and top quality of course.

What comes out of the bottle first is a
very nice citrus accord with a very natural bergamont scent having the top role.
Then tobacco takes over, some times you
can almost smell the tea a little. Ginger is hidden in the back (if there is any at all).
The base is typical Creed.

Overall a modern take on tobacco and
a very classy and elegant fragrance.

Suitable for daily use and more formal
events.

Nice old-style men's cologne. I like it, but it's just too expensive and there's really no trace of tobacco that I can detect. I love the idea of the history, but in the end, it's not worth it.

smioth
smioth

YES! Sophywt is right! There is both a Tabarome "Classic", if you will, and a Tabarome Milleime (pictured). Administrator?

sophywt
sophywt

I think the info has something wrong. bottle in the picture is Tabarome Millesime,which is totally different from Tabarome.

Tabarome by Creed 4.05 out of 5 based on 303 ratings and 57 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Tabarome fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Tabarome, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tabarome by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tabarome by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.