Designers » C » Floral « Groups

Tubereuse Indiana Creed for women

Tubereuse Indiana Creed for women
dislike

tuberose
Tubereuse Indiana Creed for women Pictures Tubereuse Indiana Creed for women Pictures

Tuberose has long been valued in Ayurvedic medicine for its ability to improve one’s capacity for emotional depth, serenity and artistic inspiration. Tubereuse Indiana features Indian tuberose and sweet notes that recall exotic tropical nights.

Tubereuse Indiana includes bergamot, Indian tuberose, vanilla and ambergris infusion. Tubereuse Indiana was launched in 1980. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot

Indian Tuberose

Vanilla Ambergris

Tubereuse Indiana Fragrance Reviews

dorothea333
dorothea333

I completely adore this one. What a completely lovely fragrance. There is something old fashioned and quite heavy and also something really natural about it. I agree that there is some lily in there especially in the start. To me there is decent longevity - 3 to 4 hours. It is still quite cold here in april in Denmark, it will be interesting to see how it behaves in warmer weather, but right now, it is so so beautiful.
To people who consider buying, better get a sample first. It is just not that kind of scent that will please everyone. But for the ones that do like it, I believe the 'like' will easily turn into love

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

To me it a strongly gardenia, which is not even listed, beautiful, classy perfume, good longevity, even after many hand washes still stays on.
Perfume has amazing elegance and easiness, very natural ingredients, no synthetics. This is a best Gardenia that I found so far, not overwhelming, but smooth and airy.

I checked the previous review, only one mentioned Gardenia and good longevity, that is how I feel, it just tells you that you cant trust any opinion other that yours.

Majesty
Majesty

Tubereuse Indiana is a very controversial tuberose.I am not sure if it's tuberose,there's something spicy that reminds me of carnation or lily..but let's take it from the beginning.The first minute this is pure urine on my skin,so sour and stinky that I almost wanted to scrub it,but I decided to give it a chance to spread out its beauty.When urine passes,there is a big creamy flowery note,a bit spicy,like carnation or lily,must be the combination of ambergris and tuberose.The drydown is tuberose wrapped in creamy vanilla. To my nose the drydown is buttery,calm,fluffy and tender. This fragrance puts me in a calm mood,it's almost like meditation. If you can handle the stinky opening then it deserves to give this a chance. It lasts well although sillage is low,tuberose and vanilla melt on skin.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

In first is very hard. Next I feel young tubereuse and mature rose.

Marsipanprinsessa
Marsipanprinsessa

At first I didn´t felt so much tubereuse, just common-mixed flowers and an odd plastic note, very syntetic, but wait...wait.. that does go away and left is a gorgeous varm, creamy, fresh and high quality-tubereuse! My favorourites is still Fracas and Frederic Malle Carnal Flower, but this is my nr 3-favourite, a very nice, rich and natural "autumn- and winter-tubereuse". Feels a little bit oldfashioned, in a good way, a scent for queens from the past! Think "tubereuse-velvet"..

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I used to have this one. I finally purchased it after wanting to for years. It sure wasn't worth the wait!

Like previous reviewers, I didn't think the tuberose really stood out at all, on my skin it was virtually undetecable. All I got on my skin was just pain ambergris.

The scent itself faded very quickly. It was gone completely from my skin in less than 15 minutes! I ended up swapping my bottle and I wouldn't repurchase.

melia
melia

O this does not work well with my skin at all... I hoped it would be lovely, since I love white florals, but it smells a flower that has been pee'd on, on my skin. It has no sillage either on me, but since it didn't smell right that's a good thing. So the only thing I can say, try it on yourself before you buy it! Because others seem to be quite enthousiastic.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Seriously, I don't know why this is named after tuberose, because it doesn't smell like tuberose at all. I happen to be familiar with the flower itself... but it's not in this perfume. That being said, Tubereuse Indiana is a wonderful gardenia fragrance. Not green and chocking like A. Goutal's , but soft, creamy and sweet, simple and delicate. Vanilla and ambergris are supporting the flower in a wonderful way, giving it a warmth and sweetness that I find very sexy. Silage and lasting power aren't stellar, actually they are quite poor. In a way, it remind of Cruel Gardenia, but it's not as sweet, that one is even better, but the price tag makes it unreachable.
If you want a true-to-flower tuberose, I recommend Tuberose Gardenia from Estee Lauder, while if you desire a totally original tuberose Thierry Mugler's A Travers le Miroir would do.
If however you are craving a soft, lovely, voluptuous and sexy gardenia, do try Creed Tubereuse Indiana. I believe I need a full bottle, it's just beautiful.
EDIT:
I got lucky and found a FB millesime, the old version, along with all the cards of originality. I am quite sure this was reformulated. The box is white-cream in color, the tag in the front is rectangular made of black velvet(kind of), written with gold and surrounded by gold in basorelief, and the Creed emblem on top of it. The ingredients are just fragrance, alchohol and demineralized water. Now the smell, well, it smells much more like tuberose than my decant, who as I said, is more gardenia. Still similar, but a bit different. The original blast does have a tad of "vintage" air to it, after which it transforms into a gorgeous and very warm tuberose. Vanilla and typical Creed ambergris come in the base. The scent lasts well, but the silage is soft, at least on my skin.
So, for all of you that only get the gardenia in it, you must have the new version, just like my decant was. If you want the real tuberose, try and find the vintage stuff :)
I am leaving my original review intact, because I believe it to be accurate for the new version.

Louw
Louw

You have to really love Tuberose scents to like this one!
It is beautiful and very feminine. It starts out very heavy but soon (a bit too soon, actually!) fades to a more subdued warmth.

Gorgeous smell, but I no longer wear it because it's a little too simple and a girly for my tastes. I like something with a bit of complexity to it. Also - like all Creed fragrances - it's very overpriced for what it is, and I don't consider the Creed brand so desirable that it merits paying that much money!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out as a strong, almost gardenia-like white floral. As it dries down, which happens quickly by the way, there’s a little bit of a rose note, as well as other flowers, including daisy-like ones, but no discernible tuberose. In less than an hour it’s just a faint, sweet shadow of a generic, sugary flower flavored with artificial grape, detectable only close to the skin. In less than 3 hours it’s completely vanished.

I’m puzzled by a “tuberose” fragrance that seems to contain little or no tuberose, and by one that starts out with a floral roar for about 5 minutes, but then trickles away to nothing. Surely Creed could do better than that.

Cyntillate
Cyntillate

I felt this had a certain nostalgia to it but in a way that confused me rather than soothed me. I thought I was smelling carnation and spice with something musky at the base. It was pleasant enough but rather than draw me in it seemed to run away and want me to chase it. I can only imagine it's the tuberose that is the prankster who is not so fun to play with. It may be that several of the notes were wrestling with each other. Even after several hours it never quite settled down into the harmonious fragrance it should have been. I don't have much experience with tuberose so I now will go procure some samples of other tuberose perfumes. Someone mentioned Dyptique 'Olene'. I like Dyptique in general so that should be a good place to start.

guest_perfumefreak
guest_perfumefreak

At first I didn't like this that much. TI didn't have ANY staying power!!! I believe that was because I purcased this in summertime. Now, in winter, this smells LOVELY and somehow staying power is much better.

Jlew
Jlew

I am not sure if I like this yet. Just put on a bit of the sample. Right now I feel like I just emerged from a troical walk and have big huge Easter lillies stuck to me. I am gonna stick it out though and see where it takes me. This is my first venture into tuberose and admittedly I am not sure what they smell like. Never having been a fan of florals. I would have to agree with those that call this feminine, as it is certainly that. I think I am glad I only got a sample of this one. It really isn't my style but I can see where others may love it.

adele l
adele l

This doesn't smell synthetic on me..or a great deal like tuberose. That said it is a very nice mix of nondescript florals with a dash of tuberose- didn't mind it at all

If Creed INDIANA comprises tuberose and amber, then the Creed clan must be not only perfumers, but also alchemists! The least detectable floral in this spicy bouquet is tuberose! I smell neroli, rose, jasmine, probably gardenia and possibly ylang-ylang, all before tuberose!

Granted, my tuberose standard is FRACAS, but I am baffled as to the disparity between the listed notes and description and the reality of this perfume! I actually like INDIANA quite a lot, but it is a complex oriental floral with an unabashed--truly undeniable--spiciness which cannot to my knowledge be produced by amber alone. I am not sure about the source of the spiciness--could be clove--but I am prepared to boldly proclaim that INDIANA is *not* a simple tuberose-amber composition.

Floriental INDIANA has good staying power and sillage. Too spicy for summer wear, I think. Caveat emptor: do try before you buy; do not rely on the name, which is very misleading!

CharlotteDe
CharlotteDe

Warm romantic and delicious I love tuberose and this has a nice exotic twist to it. I actually wear this all year around when I'm feeling mysterious. Diptyque's Olene is more of a fresh tuberose but I like Creeds version.

So lovely and almost simple fresh tuberose with a warm base. The overall outcome is a fresh, elegant, feminine floral, not very complex but deeply enjoyable. It has a hint of gipsy style.
I wear this in spring and summer when I want to be casual and refined at the same time.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I couldn't disagree more, sorry veruska! I LOVE this one! I get Tuberose warmed by the Sun....Sweetly floral with a great, though slight, hint of Ambergris.....just enough to make the Tuberose sexy. I don't usually like "girly" scents, but this one is saved by being elegant and therefore "Womanly" instead.

veruska
veruska

A highly synthetic medley of bergamot and nondescript soft smooth tropical slightly green floral that ends in the widely known creed ambergris. I'll pass, cause it smells almost plastic.

Tubereuse Indiana by Creed 3.99 out of 5 based on 70 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Tubereuse Indiana fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Tubereuse Indiana, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tubereuse Indiana by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tubereuse Indiana by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.