Designers » C » Oriental « Groups

Vanisia Creed for women

Vanisia Creed for women
dislike

Vanisia Creed for women Pictures Vanisia Creed for women Pictures

From the Creed website: CREED created Vanisia for the queen of Spain who happened to be the great niece of Marie Antoinette of France. After assuming the throne, the Spanish queen wished to make a style statement like her French relative. She commissioned from CREED a fragrance that was rich, sensual and mysterious, with undertones of Spanish woods and rich vanilla: the unforgettable Vanisia.

The top note of Vanisia is Bergamot. Middle notes include jasmine and Bulgarian rose. Base notes encompass sandalwood, vanilla, amber and ambergris. Vanisia was launched in 1987. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Bergamot

Jasmine Bulgarian Rose

Sandalwood Amber Vanille Ambergris

Vanisia Fragrance Reviews

penguin1010
penguin1010

When I first sampled this on a card at the Creed counter, I was immediately turned off. It smelled WAY too strong for me. However, I decided to give it another go with a sample vial. I put it on my skin and at first I still had the same negative reaction. It started off with a bang, just like Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie (one of my favorites), but the "bang" lasted a lot longer. Whereas JIE dries down in 15-20 min on me, Vanisia took 30-45 min. And during that time, I could smell the bergamot, rose, and jasmine, but they were overwhelmed by the sea-saltiness of the ambergris. (I like ambergris in a perfume for its fixative properties, but I don't like it as a strong fragrance note). Even worse, I could not smell any vanilla at all. I was all set to conclude that it was a too-strong version of JIE that had too much ambergris in it, but then the magic happened. It began drying down and out came the amber, the sandalwood, and finally the vanilla! Now it is a warm and lovely combination of those three notes. I am glad I gave this one time to fully develop on my skin before casting it aside. Since this is so similar to JIE, I wasn't sure if it would be worth having both. But after that beautiful drydown, which is crisper and stronger than JIE, I have now added this to my "want" list. One other thing worth noting is that the sillage has remained in the heavy to moderate category for over four hours now and shows no signs of letting up. Also I will add that to my nose, this is sweeter than Samsara.

I'm smelling again many scents I already smelled years ago together with new ones. I'm lucky enough that I have a few place when I can smell them without buying and I'm realising how many scents can be totally useless. I don't regret I never bought them.
Vanisia is one of them. I quite like it but cannot make me liking it enough. If I wore this one I would probably smell more refined and much snobbish than many people around me, but somehow it would happen because it smells different, not necessarily high class (does a high class really exist?>). It actually smells crazy and messy, not bad, but difficult to say the least and from this difficulty may rise the "exclusivity". Very expensive, it would have probably be sitting in my closet unworn after a few days of enthusiasm for the out of the mill feeling.
No, definetely no Samsara here, not even its ghost and not even its current sad white-muskey version.
Really buy Samsara instead. You may like it or not but you will smell more coherent than Vanisia.

KJS88
KJS88

Mmmkay maybe I'm slightly crazy, who knows, but this isn't very vanillic. It is when first sprayed, but it dries down quite woody-ambery, moreso ambery, and it something I can imagine suiting a man better, were it not for the first 10 minutes.

Now hear me out. Not knowing how to describe Vanisia, I thought and thought. Then three days later it hit me.

This is similar to both Egoist and Samsara. This is where it gets tricky for me. The first 10 minutes of the fragrance on skin is like very vintage Samsara. Before it become screechy and thumpingly loud and synthetic smelling.

As it dries down, it reminds me more of Egoiste. Only the rose and tangerine are toned down, and the sandalwood and amber a ramped. It reminds me more of what I *wanted* Egoiste to smell like: thicker, more ambery.

I guess in a way I could say this is like Egoiste done with the thickness and richness of old Samsara. That's how I rationalise it.

I caved and bought it. Makes a wonderful sanadalwood perfume. And I get loads, I mean loads of compliments on it. And I'm a fairly masculine man.

emily7
emily7

L'Heure Bleue minus the melancholy magic.
Bella senz'anima.
Pretty soulless.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Creed's Vanisia opens with an odd sinus clearing hit of bergamot & strong vanilla, the effect of which somehow reminds me for a split second of bug spray. Moments later, the components mellow, & become recognizable to me, almost seeming minty. From this moment on it progresses rather quickly! Amber, more vanilla, -and this is not the ethereal & lightly crushed pods of Sublime Vanille, but an aged, rich, deep & oily vanilla enhanced by ambergris. With a very fine quality jasmine together they create a warm & welcoming fragrance, with a temperance & color which in my mind reminds me of sparkly Baltic amber that's been polished. I get almost a light baked apple scent for a moment I think a trick of the jasmine & maybe citrus plus the sweets. Its quite interesting, to sniff the evolution of a seemingly simple scent, but it evolves into so many possibilities, I can see how it could be a huge hit or miss based on chemistry. So, I've had bug spray, mint, apple, jasmine, amber, ambergris, rich vanilla, some kind of phantom spice, and a sandalwood base, which always seems to be a hit on me as long as its quality. Very interesting. I was a bit bored with the sniff I got from the vial, but this is an entirely different scent when worn. I wouldn't suggest a blind buy, the ambergris could throw it for some people. Fantastic for fall, I'm really craving a big bottle that I could have a big 5-6 sprays of! However.. My sample will have to do for now, and we shall see if its a full bottle sized craving when I run out! Right now it reminds a bit of Sushi Imperiale, a cozy, shape shifter of a perfume that makes me want to sniff myself again & again. We shall see how the husband reacts! I find myself wanting more.. Lovely perfume, listening to fall cicadas its absolutely perfect.

Really craving a FB of this!

6of1
6of1

A perfectly-balanced blend. The opening is a little bit of a shock, with all the notes mingling, but still individually recognisable (although nothing like the opening hit of Love In Black). The bergamot provides the brightness, but soon the rose, sandalwood and amber settle into a vanilla accord that is quite rich. This reminds me somewhat of Shalimar, but not like a copy or impression -- just vaguely (there's no leather). I give this a huge thumbs up. I find it hard to judge how much Vanisia to put on -- even with the firehose Creed atomiser, I still go three sprays. It has excellent longevity, and the Ambroxan adds a nice fuzziness to the drydown. For those Creed fans, this is an excellent companion to Royal Delight. Enjoy!

oliseeger
oliseeger

Some people said that they can’t find vanilla in this masterpiece. Well….I found it and it is really, really beautiful.
Top notes are harsh, strong and deep. Really woody. I would describe it more as a woody-oriental scent. But after half an hour, in a soft and warm way, the vanilla starts to bloom. Minute by minute, it takes a more mature and velvety form, like a warm full moon night, where sweet smells are all around you.
This one is a masterpiece that all perfume aficionados must have in their collection.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

At first this scent is like a freight train. WOW! It hits you HARD. I wanted to give it some time to mellow out, so I went about my business. Then I thought to myself, what is that lovely smell? I was decanting perfumes at the time so I thought it was just a mixture of everything I was decanting. But then I smelled my arm. Mmm, this is scrumptious! But hang on a sec. Where is the vanilla? Is there something lost in translation here? I thought vanisia meant vanilla, but what I get from this fragrance is pure amber (well, amber and sandalwood). Granted, it's a lovely, STRONG, almost spicy amber, and the drydown reminds me of Givenchy Organza Indecence but with less vanilla and no patchouli. I swear I smell cinnamon, just like a previous poster mentioned. There is something comforting yet sexy about this scent. But please, if you seek vanilla, look elsewhere, for I'm afraid there's not much to be had in this bottle.

ChloeYellow
ChloeYellow

I strongly agree with the first review. A luxurious fragrance. But it also gives the impression of an elegant and sexy ....

williamvargas
williamvargas

the scent trail on this one is magnetic, smells wonderful, very sexy woman fragrance...i was able to try this on, got a sample for my wife to try..it is very impressive.. not that a perfume should be, but just the aroma of this one will make someone take notice...someone special has walked into the room..i get the amber almost a snappy cinnamon type of scent but a definite man killer type..i think just do not over do..you will have to test this one to find out what is the right dose for you.powerful and sexy to my nose. i like it.makes me go grrrrrr...

alchemy
alchemy

my husband is very insensitive to many fragrances that I try out. translation, he hardly ever notices my fragrance. this one he stood up and took notice! a winner in my book. "nuff said.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

A showcase on amber, with vanilla and floral notes
of jasmine and rose to lend complexity.This fragrance
was made for the Queen of Spain,and it does have a royal
sophisticated feel.Before I purchase,I like to smell the
contents of the bottle,with creed,the scent can be very
different from one batch to another.This being the fact,
everything is handmade and very natural,which can also be more volatile.After I exchanged my first bottle which
I did not test,I was pleasantly surprised with the next.
This is elegant and feminine,perfect for work or evenings.Sillage is medium and average lasting power,
4-6 hrs.This fragrance is like a sting of pearls,proper,
elegant,and a must have luxury for any woman`s collection!

kassinator
kassinator

I agree with the very first review on this page, this IS luxury at it's finest. Vanisia is an amber centered fragrance rather than vanilla. I initially tested this because I thought it was a vanilla scent, but I was blown away by the scent. The only thing that prevented me from snatching it up right away was the $240 price tag. I lucked out and was able to have a small decanter filled free with purchase of another perfume at nordstrom. Total score as I heard that this perfume is going back into the vault.

I don't pick up the bergamot top note, but there is something bright that jumps out at you right away. This only lingers to enhance the richness of the sandalwood and amber coupling. Rose is subtle in the background giving this a richness and depth (I am not a rose fan, so please know this is NOT a rose perfume). The vanilla and floral notes represent the base and offer a creamy support. I also note a hint of light musk that adds depth.

Here is my recipe for decadence: shower, the exact friction of stars body lotion (creamy with a hint of salt), one drop of vanilla scented oil rubbed with both wrists, dust with a spray of vanisia. Absolutely divine!

Of course it is also amazing on it's own.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

* Top Notes: Bergamot
* Middle notes: Jasmine, Bulgarian rose
* Base notes: Sandalwood, vanilla, amber, ambergris

taken from official site.

Creed VANISIA features not vanilla but amber, a lot of amber, so much amber, in fact, that I put off testing this one a few days ago because upon opening the vial I realized that it was cold weather fare and the forecast that day was for summer-like heat.

Upon application, the strong amber opening nearly immediately fades to make way for a beautiful floral woody drydown somewhat redolent--at least in waves--of SAMSARA, but with much less vanilla.

VANISIA is rich and complex, with a deep, resiny texture that becomes more and more enticing as it melts into the skin. I recommend this powerful potion to those who like SAMSARA, ARPEGE, and BAGHARI. But you really must have a keen appreciation for amber in order to wear this perfume, which strikes me as feminine in a deep, dark and mysterious way--similar again in some ways to SAMSARA, but considerably less sweet.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Based on the name, I was expecting a vanilla scent, but out of the vial this smells like a typical “men’s cologne” with all of the usual lavender, citrus and cedar nuances. As it begins to dry down, I do start to smell vanilla, but what was that opening all about? And why is it persisting? The listed notes are puzzling, since I really don’t smell rose, jasmine, or even sandalwood in this. I’m usually able to smell all of these things, especially sandalwood, even when it’s in minute amounts and not in the official notes, so it’s strange that I wasn’t able to detect any in Vanisia. What I do smell is a “Creed-like” base that for me is reminiscent of bananas, among other things. I find this an odd scent, but not odd in a way that is particularly interesting. The longevity is average, the better part of a day.

Sandalwood, vanilla, jasmine and rose. This should be Holy Grail for me. It isn't. Too bad it didn't work in that perfect ideal way I wanted it to work for me.
It is such a luxurious vanilla without being a sticky candy vanilline artificial vanilla. I'm not saying it is natural, but it smells natural-like.
The problem is that it takes sooo long to develop finely on my skin.
The first whif is like sniffing a vanillic after-shave. It stays that way for a long while, then it becomes more mellow and lovely, but I still have to understand its full potential if any exists. It smells to me like an uncomplete work, something that has been left abandoned at half-way.
It has poor sillage but incredible staying power. After 7-8 it becomes totally vanillic in a beautiful L'Artisan Vanilia way! But the wait and result are not worthy the high pricetag.
Dommage Creed!

megannsmom
megannsmom

I agree whole heartedly with Carla; Vanisia is a stunner! So rich, warm, elegant......I like vanilla scents only to a point, so I was a bit worried about this one. No need, the vanilla is perfectly smooth, no stickiness about it at all. Well rounded with perfect sillage and staying power! I have been wearing it for about ten hours now and I can still catch a waft of this creamy, dreamy scent!

Carla
Carla

Vanisia, the quintessence of luxury at its finest, is a mainstay, est. 1987, in the House of Creed. This
fascinating 'floriential' is an essential in my perfume world. Through my experience, vanilla inspired scents are like "old wines in a new bottle". Vanisia has been and will forever be, followed by a myriad of vanilla potions. Creed managed to use the "liquor' of vanilla to it's maximum potential in this particular creation. The "House" has successfully blended the perfect accompaniment with the jigger of jasmine, the dusting of rose and the sprinkle of sandalwood while creating an exotic mystery that "le vanisia" can provoke in a fragrance. A sexy and classy scent that can easily be worn in the day or evening with it's lasting life, this rates amongst the highest of its kind in my book!

Vanisia by Creed 3.97 out of 5 based on 106 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Vanisia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Vanisia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanisia by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanisia by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.