Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Vetiver Creed for men

Vetiver Creed for men
dislike

Vetiver Creed for men Pictures

CREED Vetiver was a favorite of one of America's leading political families. Vetiver appeared in the U.S. after World War II, when American soldiers returned home with a newfound taste for European style.

The top notes consist of citrus and bergamot. The middle note is ginger. The base notes include vetiver, cedarwood and ambergris. Vetiver was launched in 1948. The nose behind this fragrance is Henry Creed Fourth Generation.

Citruses Bergamot

Ginger

vetyver Virginia Cedar Ambergris

Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

Opens with citrusy note. To me, it's a woodsy note, very natural smelling, with prominent cedar. Reminds me of walking in the woods. Ginger note seems to give it a little bit of spiciness. Very well crafted and unfortunately vaulted.

The absence of synthetic metallics and greens is truly appreciated.

Redbeard
Redbeard

The unsung vetiver: everyone mourns its passing but it always seems strange to me. Initially it makes me think of Mugler Cologne or Original Vetiver with added soft florals and a cold slab of stone underneath. The florals (rose?) soon start to compete more seriously with the granite slab, and I feel like the green component from that south Indian grassy plant (what's that stuff called again?) gets forgotten about in the fray. It doesn't have the smoothness or moistness of a Gendarme scent, but the inclusion of very clean florals reminds me a bit of that line. I'm not sure what it's trying to accomplish at this point, but being vetivery doesn't seem high on the list. By the late mid notes, the florals have somehow been replaced with leafy herbs, so at least we've returned to the green territory that I was expecting, but it's just too resinous and not grassy enough. Still, it's a perfectly usable green scent as long as you don't need it to smell like the legions of vetiver-specific fragrances.

b360
b360

all perfumeheads know president kennedy wore this classic that is the green scent in which many have tried to be but all fall short of this....any vetiver out there is what it is and if ya know the smell you know theres no mistake but this one is the one that is the finest and most precise i have ever come across....i paid quite a bit but im proud to own a 2.5 oz bottle of this and use on special occasions only also anytime someone compliments me its cool to mention the history of the juice and ramble on a bit about it........9/10

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Vetiver was introduced to me by an ex-boyfriend who wore Guerlain's Vetiver. The impression that vetiver makes on me is truly an APHRODISIAC! I Love the smell of this SO MUCH that I had to find a fragrance to wear that would give me a hint of this element. [Note: Guerlain's Vetiver cologne is much stronger, heavier, and more rawly masculine than Creed's version of Vetiver and would be way too heavy for a woman to wear].

This is a very fresh, green, and warm fragrance - which envelopes you as if you were wearing your favorite snuggle blanket or fluffy warm sweater. It is designed to be a male fragrance but is so light that I have worn it as a unisex fragrance - and LOVE it!

I agree with the other reviews of this - that say this smells like fall leaves. This is a perfect way to describe the essence of this fragrance!

This fragrance reminds me of "tweed blazers" and comes across very "preppy"... almost Ivy League. If this fragrance were a color, it would definitely be green... a green that was grassy warm, bright green with some subtle depths, almost as if you are blending deeper colors into a primary paint, this fragrance has a light depth to it that makes this feel "upper crust" in a delightful way.

Love it!

curtmaster
curtmaster

Love this stuff and it actually differs from Original Vetiver a bit. Original Vetiver to me is so much more Green and stronger while this is less green, kinda metallic and subtle. Both are great but I actually think that I prefer this better over Original Vetiver. Original Vetiver in my opinion can get a bit too strong especially in the opening and a bit strange in its scent as well, a bit too pungent. I could definitely see JFK wearing this, it's nice.

MUST8936
MUST8936

I think Guerlain Vetiver is much more "earthy", elegant and masculine.

Luforge
Luforge

Always fresh and crisp,..had so many compliments with this one. More of daytime fragrance specially for summer...This is one of my favourites and just love it!..No wonder it was JFKs favourite....

Creed VETIVER opens as a lightly citrus aromatic and dries down as a slightly amberized vetiver-cedar fragrance. I would not say that this is spicy in the least, for the ginger has much more of an aromatic than an oriental quality.

Wearing VETIVER feels a bit like walking through the leaves in the fall as they pile up on the ground forming a haphazard yet beautiful collage of yellow, orange, red and brown. The green has all faded away: these leaves have died of natural causes and form a part of the cycle of life. Absorbed into the soil, they will be reborn in a new form, emerging in disguise later on down the line.

VETIVER is suitable for men and women and would work well in warmer weather. This composition is simple yet natural and highly likeable, with no repugnant synthetic notes whatsoever.

Vetiver by Creed 4.33 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vetiver by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vetiver by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.