Designers » C » Citrus « Groups

I have it: 954 I had it: 159 I want it: 958 My signature: 16

coconut
tropical
rum
Virgin Island Water Creed for women and men Pictures Virgin Island Water Creed for women and men Pictures

Virgin Island Water was inspired by a sailing trip near Ginger Island in the Caribbean. This unisex perfume celebrates the tropical splendor and exotic scents carried by the Trade Winds of Sir Francis Drake Channel.

It opens with a citrusy cocktail of white bergamot, Jamaican lime, Sicilian mandarin. The citruses are accompanied by a note of copra, the white inner flesh of the coconut. The heart includes intensive Indian jasmine and sweet hibiscus, exotic ylang-ylang and cold, spicy ginger. The base of the composition includes sugar cane, musk and white rum. Virgin Island Water was launched in 2007. Virgin Island Water was created by Olivier Creed Sixth Generation and Erwin Creed Seventh Generation.

Lime Coconut Sicilian Mandarin White Bergamot

Kenzo Homme Night

Virgin Island Water Fragrance Reviews

Uriya
Uriya

Well, well. My first Creed fragrance, ever, and I've paid for it 243 U.S $ (75ml) where I live.

I think it is a lovely, very laid back scent that suits a hot weather nicely. The harsh citrus opening, rather quickly, gives its place to coconut-rum-sweet notes. Nothing sophisticated and over the top, just a simple and pleasant scent. And this is were what many have said before me about Creed's releases - It isn't worth the over blown price. I honestly believe that even "simple" citrus based fragrances can be done in a unique way and will be worth the amount of money that's asked for them. However, again, this take isn't on of them. My boyfriend hugged me yesterday evening, after I wore this scent for the very first time and he went: "Oooh.. you smell like a 'Pinja Colada' cocktail!" later followed by: "You smell like a German tourist filled with sun screen block!". Yes, my friends, lots of love was shown thanks to Creed. I need to write them a Thank you letter.

arthurfortune
arthurfortune

One of my favorite Creed fragrances. It smells like the beach. No unpleasant notes. Smells like a masculine coconut as it dries down. Could be mistaken for some aftersun lotion. But that to me is a good thing rather than being an overpowering cologne.

dkny27
dkny27

With coconut being among my favorite fruit notes for summer scents, I've run the gamut of tropical, fruity beachy frags. Creed VIW really sets itself apart.

First half hour, it has much more lime which gives it a crisp, watery vibe with the coconut, lessening the syrupy sweet quality that you sometimes get with tropical coconut.
As it dries down, it pulls more towards a masculine vibe with the ginger and musk, but with a dry sweetness.
When the scent settles, I get an ocean meets the sand freshness that on me is very tame but delicious!

lacana7
lacana7

one of the most weird scent that i ever smelled...it smells like rum and coconut,perfect for summer and smells expensive,i would like to try it again .

musicman4931
musicman4931

Quality beachy scent, second to none in this genre. Lasting power is actually decent compared to some Creeds.

smellME
smellME

As a refresher ...this didn't work on me and I am sad , soo sad !
The start is beautiful , but what comes later is just another weak skinscent
on me. ...
The liquer drydown part is also nice , plain nice.
It is probably a perfume to be called blindby safe if you
love the Bronze goddes series and you will adore this.
I can'say I don't like it , cause it is easy to wear but I wan't my perfumes
to project more on my body.
This is not my summer love and it will be swapped to another
caretaker within hours...
I know she loves it and it makes me happy !
With this review of such a mass loved perfume I know my
ballons won't be plenty and once I get one , it will soon pop .
But I know I am true to myself !

drkool_phd
drkool_phd

It's important to understand that this is a citrus (eau de cologne) fragrance, and citrus is always fleeting. You can extend it with various aroma chemicals, but it won't be that crisp-as-a-summer-day, fresh-out-of-the bottle sparkle that you originally fell in love with. Such is the nature of eau de cologne, and it's not Creed's fault. If you want to smell like fresh citrus all day long, buy a cheaper cologne like Guerlain's Eau de Cologne Imperiale and freshen it up every hour or so. That's what Napoleon did (he went through something like 2 bottles a day). In fact, if the top notes are what you're after, you could even just dilute bergamot, mandarin, and lime in perfumer's alcohol. Also add a large dose of hedione, a few drops of lilial, and a drop of galaxolide. If you insist on having the coconut note, add some aldehyde c-18 and gamma octalactone. The peach note is gamma decalactone. All of the above are found in VIW, and they're all widely available online.

relle
relle

Not my cup of island water, but I'm not in the majority. It started out like an old fashioned sweet/tart lemon drop, then fizzled to almost nothing within less than 20 minutes. In all fairness, I should explain that I live in an alpine arid area. However considering the expense of this one, I'd not purchase a bottle. Perhaps Island water is an accurate description of this perfume... a little island, but sadly, mostly water. (Sorry ~)

Mighty lion

FRAGRANCE UPDATE* As much as I hate to do this, I have to be totally honest with the fragrance community.. My first review about VIW was stellar loved the scent!! Here's the problem, wore this to a pool party in the hamptons and it literally disappeared into thin air.. Gone without a trace in 90 plus heat after about an hour.. I was mortified . How could creed?? I'm immensely disappointed was in my top 5 for summer scents.. Longevity is horrible.. I actually owned two bottles the larger and the small version both purchased from Saks NYC.. I returned the large bottle yesterday and bounced over to Bergdorf to purchase Reflection man by Amouage instead, excellent choice by the way.. Creed you have some 'splainin to do!!

AngelRock77
AngelRock77

I never liked Creed,a pretentious little prick of a niche fragrance house but I fell in love with Kenzo Homme Night and when I read somewhere that it is a cheap version of Creed's Virgin Island Water I rushed to try the later thinking it would be even better.
But disappointment as it turned out to be nothing like the great Kenzo Homme Night not even a cheaper version of it.On me it was just the smell of a cheap over the counter coconut tanning all not more.

rosembloom
rosembloom

Sailboats, turquoise waters, blue skies and fluffy clouds and a Pina Colada in my hand as I lay in the hot sand, a balmy breeze ruffling my hair. This is Summer Paradise for me. A luxurious resort scent that has captured my heart with its fresh coconut -lime combo . Perfect for hot days and for a fresh 'pick me up' . I live in the country surrounded by fields, mountains and close to a beach I have come to adore. This scent reminds me of nature's elements and embodies natural femininity. It has surprisingly longevity on me and is delicate, radiating softly on my warmed skin. A love I shall surely repurchase!

K1

Virgin Island Water (what a great title) is a fresh delicious coconut cocktail leisure relaxing perfume like you're weightless on waves, like when you linger around at beach and find interesting things sea brings out. Like the moment you go asleep while you're lying on gold sands and the sound of sea is a mesmerizing lullaby.
VIW starts with smooth boozy fresh lime, sweetened citruses and gradually rum appears with coconut; the best coconut scent ever.
VIW and some other Creed creations approves that everyone need at least one Creed in wardrobe.

Ps: down this page I have a review with almost negative point of view. Well, after about one year I went through it precisely over a sample and I'm so sorry for that review.

JeffNNJ

Okay, first of all VIW smells incredible. Probably the best thing I have ever smelled in my life. But where it COMPLETELY fails is longevity. I can only assume that the people on here who say otherwise don't actually own it because it does not last at all. The consensus among me, my girlfriend and our 5 friends who have it is that 5 or 6 sprays last between 5-10 minutes. After 15 minutes there is barely a trace left and after an hour unless your nose is less than an inch from me, you're not going to smell it at all. At these prices, that is insane. I will not be replacing my 4 oz bottle when it runs out. FAIL!

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

I expected a shrieking piña colada on steroids but what I got was stupendous:
Turns out my skin amplifies the jasmine and yang ylang notes, so while the pineapple coconut thing is definitely there, the effect is taken through a scenic road across fields and fields of white flowers growing by lazy rivers and creeks, it's absolutely beautiful.

And here's the kicker: the more the skin heats up, the more it blooms and softens, becoming a subtle veil of mouthwatering scent with tantric lasting power.
It's sexy, flirty, yummy, it smells like vacation, R&R and not a care in the world.

Just the right fragrance to wear with loose linen pants, flimsy tank tops and flipflops.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Boy am I glad I gave in and bought this. This stuff is magic. It is literally therapy and makes you feel like you should be at the pool or beach which is almost everyone's happy place in the summer time.

My main concern when debating on buying this was "Is it going to be too feminine?" The answer is NO. This is perfectly unisex. It makes a woman smell feminine and makes a man smell masculine. Me and my GF both wear it. She loves it on me and I love it on her.

Everyone talks about the coconut, but I say let's talk about the LIME. Hands down my favorite lime note ever. The way it blends with the rum and coconut is the most pleasant summer blend ever in my opinion. It smells so natural and appealing.

The longevity is amazing. It lasts about 10+ hours depending on how many sprays are used. The projection is right around 4-6 hours with 3-4 strong hours.

This QUICKLY became in my top 5 scents ALL TIME.

OVERALL:
Smell - 10/10
Longevity - 9/10
Projection - 7.5/10

edge42
edge42

Probably my outright favorite scent for summer. Just when you think that opening can't be beat, along comes the drydown. Wow! So natural smelling and enthusiastically tropical, this has the perfect vibe for hot summer days. Heck, longevity is awesome for me as well (sprayed on clothes and hair). Maybe my favorite Creed.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

I'm not a Creedophile by any means, in fact in my opinion some are way overrated while some are impressive. The idea behind this gem is simple, a mood lifting feel good fragrance made from quality ingredients. Super long lasting and so it should be!

gregmech26

2014 brand new batches of Creed Virgin Island Water are now available at the Creed Boutique in NYC. Ask for Lewis at (877) 273-3344

storm
storm

A very sexy fragrance,not overpowering and quite unique.

paulhunter
paulhunter

I smelled this and I hate to admit, but I really don't like the scent too much. It's pleasant, and I love coconut. Lime is my favorite smell ever, yet the combination of lime and coconut feels so uninspired to me. On my skin, this doesn't last very long and projection is below average. For me, this is a pass and definitely not worth Creed's price tag.

DonPatrizio
DonPatrizio

I picked up a $99 4.0oz bottle on Ebay. Batch number A626A08. This ones smells of coconut and sunscreen lotion.

I realized quickly you're not paying for the scent, even though it is sweet and as good as any other (less expensive) designer summer scents, but you are paying for the quality which is far beyond any other perfume has to offer. The scent lasts for a very, very long time, and smells great throughout it's application. I wore some before getting into my car, and some must have got on to the seat because my car smelled faintly of coconut for three days.

Expensive, but worthwhile purchase.

grapho
grapho

was really exciting about trying this. i love coconut, but was disappointed. im one of the few who do not like viw. this smells exactly, exactly like dax hair grease, no lie. couldnt get past that. doesnt come fresh to me either. anyone know of a fresh coconut fragrance for men?

Edox
Edox

Hace tiempo hice una crítica negativa de este perfume y ahora me retracto; pues con el tiempo he visto claramente que es un perfume moderno, distinto, suave y con un gran trabajo detrás de él. Al principio pensé que era como esas fragancias baratas que huelen a fruta pero con el tiempo he visto que me equivoqué y es muy naif y sofisticada al mismo tiempo. He acabado comprándomela y la verdad es que sobre mi cuerpo tiene un toque muy especial.

chirobi
chirobi

I completely agree with those who say there is too much hype surrounding this perfume. I also agree that it costs too much. Furthermore, it's true that the longevity could be improved upon. Yet, here I am with a new bottle of Virgin Island Water.

There will always be haters, but I will never be one of them. If you believe the hype, then you will be disappointed, as with anything. If you think you are owed an other-worldly experience for the price you pay for this, then you too will be disappointed. However, if you're expecting an extremely high quality, superbly blended, lime-coconut-floral-musk-cocktaily concoction, you will not be sorry. With regards to longevity, this performs no worse than other perfumes on warm, sweaty skin.

Something to bear in mind: some have mentioned that there are slight differences in batches, and I have to second that. The one I sampled in San Francisco is creamier, with more coconut, while the bottle I bought in Hong Kong has more lime and citrus notes. It's not too big of a deal. Both are fantastic! I don't like hot weather, but wearing this makes it all okay.

fuggerone
fuggerone

a man eating a bounty bar covered in lime..this is great in air conditioned environments, put it under heat and it will dissolve in a couple of minutes...exciting opening but needs multiple reapplies!

GMK
GMK

I like the idea of lime , rum , coconut and the beach , behind this fragrance , but to me its a lil lime and rum at start and dominating coconut "Bounty" like fragrance due to dominating co co nut, its yummy , delicious and a very simple scent which I can wear once in a blue moon just for change of taste, otherwise it sometime strongly reminds me coconut oil.

I would recommend it to women rather, as imo it suits more to them.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

Hands down the absolute best TROPICAL SUMMER FRAGRANCE!!..LOOK NO FURTHER

Travis453
Travis453

So so so good. This is worth blind buying, deaf buying, everything. This will take you to a tropical paradise anytime you want to be there. Margaritas mixed in with piña coladas and sunscreen. This is the ultimate summer beach/getaway scent. Will be picking up a 125ml ASAP.

Lasted on me for the entire day on a rather cold ~60 degree summer day. Don't know if it was this or fire island that I kept getting whiffs of, so idk about the sillage.

jf72
jf72

i just get sharp citrus that gradually gets less sharp for the next few hours until it disappears...smells like cleaning product. dont get any coconut... for a better done 'cocktail summer' fragrance, check out Guerlain Homme. smells nothing like this but is really lovely

TheJurisDoctor
TheJurisDoctor

I hate coconut but really like Virgin Island Water. The lime evens out the coconut for me which is great. It doesn't smell as much like tanning lotion as I thought it would. Imagine tanning lotion with tangy citrus and Creed's unique twist.

Longevity is fine on me. 3 sprays will last 8 hours. It's not a projection beast but I don't think it was meant to be. I'm noticing that the more expensive/niche fragrances tend to be soft in projection but last longer, and I'm starting to appreciate it.

mccratjl
mccratjl

Creed Virgin Island Water is a fascinating scent, it opens with a flurry of rich coconut/rum/citrus notes and dries down with a calm hint of musk. As a man, I enjoy the dry down. All things considered, this is a very light scent, perfect for summer days on the beach or hot days at the park. Being a light scent, the silage and longevity may be an issue, but for me personally it wears just fine. I normally use 2-3 sprays, but for this three sprays makes it a nice, up-close and personal scent. Four sprays and every person passing by will complement you. I use this as my summer/day scent and Aventus as my winter scent. Creed nailed it again --definitely worth your money.

seachase
seachase

Sadly, I have to agree with the many reviews that claim this scent doesn't last very long. This is very disappointing because it's so steeply priced and it happens to be one of the most unique and divine fragrances of the past 25 years. I absolutely love this fragrance and the fact that the lime top notes actually linger for it's overall (too short) duration. If they can find a way for this exact fragrance to last a reasonable amount of time, it would probably become my #1 favorite summer cologne.

JeffNNJ

My absolute favorite fragrance but there are some issues. It does not last long at all. Scent is 90% gone within 30-45 minutes no matter how much I spray. It also sits very close to the skin so unless you are very close to someone, chances are they won't smell it. I am almost tempted to try something else similar because of these issues. If it lasted longer and radiated better, it would be close to perfect.

nbailey9
nbailey9

I love beachy scents and, being a from the coast, i was hoping to find the perfect perfume to remind me of the beach while I'm here in the midwest. Given the rave reviews of Virgin Island Water and Creed's reputation for excellence, I was excited to try the spray sample of this when I received it in the mail. I'm sorry to stay that I was very disappointed. On me this is just coconut, and something of an overdone, cheap coconut. Had I not known it was Creed and smelled it on someone else, I would have assumed it was BBW scent. While coconut (with just a slight hint of rum) always smells pleasant and beachy, this is not what you would expect from a $130 bottle of perfume. It lacks dimension and sophistication, at least on my skin. I will look elsewhere for my perfect summer scent.

Beauty4Ashes
Beauty4Ashes

The rum note is the star in Virgin Island Water. I actually wish it were a bit more intense. The main notes- lime, coconut, rum- blend together perfectly. If there ever were a vacation in a bottle, this is it. I love to pair this with Tom Ford Neroli Portofino for an instant tropical experience. Fresh and warm at the same time. One of Creed's simplest yet best. Full bottle worthy.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

I suppose there are people on here that want to blast the universe with the smell of coconut, but for me it is a very personal scent. I am thus ok with the fact that this one does not scream out to the world. I still love it and find it to be a super refreshing summer scent. Now, if you are in the heat this thing will start radiating, but otherwise it hangs close to the skin. I have even worn it to work, though I don't work in a formal office environment. It makes me long to be on a cruise in the Virgin Islands and that is goal of the fragrance. Happiness in a bottle, couldn't be much better IMO. Favorite summer scent, but not super versatile.

My Score: 9

penguin1010
penguin1010

This fragrance is a tropical island escape in a bottle! It is very refreshing and sweet-smelling. The lime comes out strong first, but then quickly fades to the background as the coconut takes over. It dries down to a lovely sweet scent (the sugar cane and musk for staying power), and that hint of coconut still remains. It lasted on me for 8 hours. This scent also is excellent for layering. I have layered it with Love in White (which brings out the florals of VIW), and with Santal (VIW brings out the sweetness of Santal). Also, the other day I had worn VIW for 8 hours at work and was going out that night. Out of the two atomizers in my purse, the one I chose to refresh with was Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf. Can I just say that this scent was AMAZING with VIW? Flowerbomb immediately brought the lime from VIW back to full life! The blend of scents was intoxicating. If you're looking to get started in Creed, VIW is an excellent first buy because it is so versatile and can layer well with many other fragrances. Also, this is one that I don't think anyone would regret blind buying. I have smelled it on several of my friends--male and female--and it has smelled wonderful on every single one of them.

mikedvd5588
mikedvd5588

creed ter long lasting dalam koleksi saya, dgn top notes pure lime serta sweet coconut yg menggoda,, hmmmmmmmmmm pas bgt di gunakan berpanas panasannnnnnnnnnn

Rossyh
Rossyh

I feel sorry for everyone having performance issues with this because it performs really well for me in every area. I do have a 2013 batch though which is said to be one of the better ones.

Smell wise this is amazing, combining 2 of my all time favourite smells - lime and coconut. I think it's very much a unisex frag, I certainly don't feel uneasy wearing it. Price wise it is on the steep side but for me it's worth it, something I can't say much about a lot of the £100+ frags I've tried!

I think it would be a shame if this is only worn to the beach as some would choose, I'll wear it anywhere once the temperature hits 15 degrees.

Klayface
Klayface

To be honest I was blown away by the positive feedback that I had to try it.

Sprayed it 3 times down each arm and before I hit the 30 min mark it was just a skin scent. Of course I thought it was just nasal fatigue so I asked my wife that I met up with and sure enough, she couldn't smell it even from a foot away and had to practically put her nose on my arm to smell it. That's just awful because I really wanted this scent to do well with me but I just can't recommend this without trying it first.

Do yourself a favor and don't blind buy this according to others peoples insane positive feedback , Just spray it as u would while at the store counter and test it's duration.

I am going to buy this in the future but only if they do something and add some potent stuff.

Toothfairyfragrantica
Toothfairyfragrantica

After reading so much positive lines about this perfume I've decided to buy a sample. I love coconut and lime as a combination. For me the best combination so far is Heeley's Cocobello.

I so much wanted to be blown away by this, but it is a huge disappointment. Lasting power ist almost zero! Can someone recommend me a real good fresh coconut perfume with personality?

Thanks!

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Since it's 80 degrees in S Texas today, I decided to wear VIW for the 1st time. On me the top note is all coconut. Then the lime comes in the dry down. This is the perfect casual summer scent. Poor longevity on me- 4 hrs tops. Terrific while it lasted!

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

سلام.تعجب میکنم باوجود چنین اکتشاف بی نظیری چطور اقبال عمومی با اونتوسه. البته همه میدانیم روی پخش و ماندگاری بالای این برند نباید حساب کرد

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I like it - the top notes are very fresh, citrusy and nice - but the basenotes just don't last. This scent is gone in about an hour, even on cotton. (And I'm not playing that Creed Aventus "If you can't smell it it must be olfactory fatigue" game.)

If it comes to a summery, beach-invoking boozy scent, I am far more impressed with Guerlain l'Homme, Guerlain l'Homme Intense and Guerlain l'Homme l'Eau Boisee. Those mojito scents have the same summery, beachy vibes and last far longer.

The cost differential gives the win to Guerlain.

Ritarudna
Ritarudna

Virgin Island Water is a beautifully fruity, beach, scent. The only problem is, it doesn't project or last. And I personally hate when people say that but, this is seriously the first fragrance I've ever encountered that does that . I can spray it on 12 times and nobody will smell it unless they motor-boat me.

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

Like Aventus, this is a fragrance that will make you suffer from olfactory fatigue. If you think the longevity is bad, it may just be your nose. When I first got this fragrance, I loved it, and I sprayed a lot on me (6-8 sprays) and it still only lasted 3 hours.

However, as time went on, I only put 3-4 sprays on me. I sprayed on my chest, back of neck, and my outer forearm. I could smell this fragrance after 8 hours, and it projected as well. Maybe less is more?

If you are constantly putting your nose up to your arm to smell this fragrance, you aren't going to smell it after a while. I know it's an addicting scent, but try to resist the urge!

This fragrance is great year round, even though it is a summer fragrance. I like to wear it in the winter to remind me of summer. This reminds me of my vacations in Costa Rica: relaxing at a beautiful resort on the beach drinking pina colada. Great for the beach or when swimming.

It starts out with a lot of lime, but after ten minutes the coconut starts to come out.

I haven't received as many compliments with this one as I had hoped to, but when I asked others opinions, they say they love it. I receive many more compliments with the other Creed fragrances that I own (Original Santal/Aventus). However, I get more compliments with Virgin Island Water than I do with Green Irish Tweed.

This, like many Creeds, makes a great blind-buy if you can afford it. It's a safe, fun summer scent. However, I would not recommend if you do not like coconut.

I purchased this fragrance directly from Amazon. It was authentic and the price was great. This fragrance is often faked, so beware of who you buy it from.

Logevity: 5-8 hours (varies with weather)
Projection: Arms length (also varies with weather)
Compliments: Some
Overall: 9/10

This is a great summer fragrance from Creed. I highly recommend adding this to your collection.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

is a teenager walking on the beach, and falling in love with his first summer love in bikini.

invasion22
invasion22

This is a very refreshing scent, opens up with a cool citrus fusion that dies down to a slightly sweet scent. Love it , however it has very weak projection and does not last more that a couple of hours or so. A good perfume to take it with you on your holidays.

misslawbore
misslawbore

For many hours the coconut rum and citrus remain and it's delightful. But finally there is this metallic synthetic smell left behind, like cheap men's aftershave. For such an expensive scent, that is a disappointing final result, what a shame

missmoa
missmoa

I like it in the beginning when the lime is still present. But citrus tends to be passing and when the freshness of the the lime leaves (doesn't take long) it's too sweet. I also long for something dirty in it to give it character and to keep it from feeling cheap. I'll try it again in summer, maybe then I'm carefree enough to like it.

Dee5
Dee5

Based on the reviews and the coconut notes I want this! I have never sampled but I want this so much!

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

With sun-kissed skin, highlights in your hair, manicured toes and white shell jewelry, a turquoise statement necklace and a tank, plus VIRGIN ISLAND WATER and your summer is perfect. Lime-dusted without being a citrus scent, I love wearing this in summer only, and I want my man doused in it, too. Summer sex without the mess of sand and without smelling like a teen or a bottle of suntan lotion.

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

I'll admit up front - I hate Creed. I hate their BS claims of royal warrants. I hate their pricing and superiority complex. To me, the only Creed worth owning is GIT (and I do) - it's timeless and can be worn nearly year-round.

So VIW smells very nice. It's clearly marketed to people in cold climates who would like to be on the beach rather than sitting in an office or fighting traffic on frozen, congested roads. That said, you could be well on your way to the Caribbean for the same price you pay for this stuff. Seriously - it costs 5 times what it should. Save your money and head to the beach (you can buy about forty pina coladas for about the same price as one bottle of VIW).

DMA
DMA

Top shelf juice from Creed here, this has to be there best.

For what appears on paper such a straight forward theme, here Creed manages to pull this immature tropical theme off in 5 star holiday destination style, and would we expect anything less?..

Ive read and watched many reviews where woman protest that they love it but they wouldnt want there man to smell this way? Jealousy ladies will get you no where, because you no damn well your man will be smelling damn better than you... ;)

The first 5 minutes or so of this is very harsh and unpleasent in my opinion, so ignore it.

Here we have a limey watery coconuty transparent rum aquaticy style gourmand. Think chanel allure homme sports creamey lemons, but here we have creamy limes (but in a different league in quality) It is very realistic, and nothing smells cheap or synthetic to my nose.

The only gripe i have about this fragrance is enviroment, here in the uk id be lucky if i could get 2 months use of this a year, so take my advice and way up and pros and cons before you decide to invest, because it is very expensive obviously.

Honestly i have not even began to describe how wonderful this smells, amazing! When fragrance can do this to you, you no the journeys all been worth it.

Take my advice and extensivley test this, i could see how some may feel it weighs in favour to the opposite sex more on either side, i personally feel its pretty evenly split down the middle.

Heaven in a bottle, now do i buy it? I shall wait and see, i am seriously tempted... This is probally the best Creed in my opinion...

le8159
le8159

I just got a sample of this and I don't really know what I was expecting but it is beautiful. It is very sweet and coconutty but doesn't go too far and is offset by the lime which is soft and freshens it as well as the boozy rum giving it a velvety touch. It reminds me of my young escada wearing days but elevated to a whole new level. Island kiss used to be a firm favourite of mine but this is richer and fresher than that at the same time. Definitely unisex and a good investment, 1 spray on my wrist was still very present 12 hours later. I don't think I'll be springing for a full bottle but can see myself ordering more samples of this in the future when I need transporting somewhere tropical and magical.

Germany
Germany

Virgin island water is a great summertime fragrance. It reminds me of sitting by the pool or sea , sipping on a piña-colada. Suntanning with my favourite suntan lotion and the sun heating up on my body. Absolutely a charming fragrance and I need to have this for the summer this year. I love the bottle as well and it suits T shirt and shorts style outfit which is me in the summer. Casual ! Virgin island opens with lime and citrus and coconut. Then it morphes into a warmer flowery, musky rum like heaven. At this point I am reminded of macaroons , it's almost gourmand in its dry down.
What I enjoy about Creed is the natural smell of them. It's just so far of mainstream,and that's what I love !

bmirenda
bmirenda

bought this in a decant size, because it is soo expensive but i absolutely love it and im saving up to buy a full bottle. it smells summery and beachy yet slightly masculine at the same time and i found the fragrance lasts quite a long time. I also like it because it doesn't smell like anything else you usually find at the stores. Almost every celebrity and designer fragrance smell the same and this smells distinctly different that the rest

Sassygirl18
Sassygirl18

I was really excited to try this fragrance because I am a beach & tropical girl all the way! Unfortunately, this fragrance is too masculine for me. As soon as I sprayed it on, I thought, "this is a MEN'S fragrance!" It has a manly, somewhat spicy, smell, even after dry down.

The good news is, I am very picky about men's fragrances (hate most of them) but I think this is a good one, so I will give it to hubby. Thankfully it won't go to waste.

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

(Actual conversation)
"You smell like Honolulu airport."
"Yes, I suppose I do."

That pretty much sums up the Virgin Island Water experience for me. I love Hawaii, Florida and the beach in summertime and have wonderful memories associated with all three. Virgin Island water is summer in a bottle. At the risk of irritating Creed buffs, I find nothing sophisticated or elegant about this fragrance. It's a simple matter of association. Whether you spend summers sipping cocktails in the Caribbean or summers getting sh*tfaced on Revere beach trying not to step on hypodermic needles in the sand, chances are Virgin Island Water will bring you to to the same happy place. But that's why I love it. Coconut, lime, hibiscus and rum work the same magic for everyone, it's not a fragrance only connoisseurs will understand. It's truly lovely on both men and women and I'd recommend it to anyone willing to spend the money.

I wear this in the summer time and occasionally layer it with Ninfeo Mio by Annick Goutal. For anyone who enjoys layering or has both perfumes definitely give it a try!

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

In 2007, a gentleman send me samples of all the Creed perfumes Neiman's. There was between 10-20 samples. This was by far my favorite. I normally like loud tuberose scents. I love how the bergamot blends with the rum and ginger. You can smell all the notes in this perfume.

Caist
Caist

How I'd love to apply this fragrance.

4 slip n' slides
25 flacons
10 bottles of the body oil
18 bottles of the lotion

I have an immense crush on this fragrance right now, and I would not find myself interested in a fragrance like this.. But it's just the way it smells, it is so smooth and fresh, aquatic and very sophisticated

joan100
joan100

This is the first Creed fragrance I have smelt and I like it! Not only this is my first experience with Creed but this is actually the first coconut containing fragrance that I actually like (I always avoided coconut containing perfumes). That's why Creed is an extra premium perfume brand because you can distinguish it in a special way to other fragrances from more common brands.

robg303
robg303

Oddly enough, while half of the U.S. is currently in deep freeze, I find myself in a horrible, hot and humid climate. And while I would usually wear something warm/spicy or woodsy/smokey this time of year, I can't right now.

In this situation, fresh, clean and aquatic is the order of the day!

Creed's Virgin Island Water is the perfect scent for hot humid places.
A little limey, with a hint of saltiness and light vanilla/coconut undertones, make this a true vacation in a bottle.

So, if you are going on vacation or live in a sunny/hot climate, anywhere in the world, you should at least try a sample of this uplifting fragrance.
It's probably best to spray this on your cloths if you like it, as lime and coconut can be weird on skin, depending on chemistry.

VIW is a nice light, unisex fragrance that is, one part: "Tropical Rum Cocktail" and one part: "Pirate who drinks them."

Akinfor8
Akinfor8

So i just got this in the mail a few days ago. To start off I will say the smell is great. It is an awesome summer scent with the whole tropical vibe. But after 3 days of wearing it all I can get is 2 hrs of longevity where the fragrance is actually detectable without putting your nose right to your forearm. It lingers on the skin for around 5-6 hours but what's the point if you can only smell it from 2 inches away. It is pretty cool right now so I'm not going to say it has horrible longevity yet, but if it doesn't improve In the hot weather of Florida, than I'm going to call this one a bust for me.

vv1978
vv1978

I know it's unisex, I am a woman but love smelling this on men it really lasts and is an absolute heavenly scent, loved having my man wearing this hug me and smelling little bits of this the rest of the day. It's not so much sexy spicy as it is calming and lovely gives me an impression of a secure, happy, everything is wonderful vibe! Something mysterious about this but not in that dark genre but mysterious from heaven and the best of healing light side of the universe. I would highly suggest everyone smell this stuff and men wear it!

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

I had only tried the female frags from Creed before..and i hated Creed and i thought it was highly overrated...until i tried this and Green Irish Tweed...I LOVE both and despite the 2d being quite masculine, i want both of them.

VIW is a gorgeous sugary (yes...not only the sweetness of the sugar is quite noticeable, but also its texture..you can really feel the sugar there) coconut lightened up with tons of lime, aquatic notes and some salt. It is also slightly boozy, more of a white alcoholic drink rather than the typical cognac or whiskey. How could it get more beachy?? impossible! In this bottle you have the breeze of the beach, the salty water, the coconut sunlotion and the mojito with its lime!! GORGEOUS!

Ladies...don't miss this one. In fact don't miss Creed's masculine frags, because they are WAY better that the ones i have tried for women..

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

I have never had the pleasure of travelling to the ocean at the carribean islands this masterpiece is named for. But if it doesn't smell this good, I would rather pop open a sunchair on my lawn, put on some suntan oil and spray this stuff all over me. Its like paradise in a bottle.

Opening: Warm coconut like suntan lotion, and some immediate aquatic notes. Limes and sea salt.

Sillage: It's Creed. It goes on for miles.

Longevity: It's Creed. It lasts all day.

Gripes: It's Creed. Your wallet is gone, you sold your car and you're declaring bankruptcy...but you smell incredible!

Best for: This is a far and away winner for summertime frags. Although, with Creed you could pretty much get away with year round, I tend to go for the gourmands and woods in the fall. I would say this is a lovely smell for daytime, warm weather.

Overall: If you're fortunate enough to get a bottle of this juice, it is completely worth it. I joke about the price, but there is a reason it's Creed-money: because you're getting the real stuff. This is smooth and serene, like a day on the beach. Rum in hand and waves lapping at your feet and a cool island breeze blowing through flowers behind you. Creed can transport your mind somewhere else you've never even been, and make it seem completely natural, while your body is stuck in rush hour traffic. If that isn't worth remortgaging my house for, I dont know what is.

9.2/10

JakePowell
JakePowell

My take on Creed Virgin Island Water:

This fragrance has been high on my test list for the hype it gets and for the generally positive reviews with performance issues being the main drawback.

First applied you get a huge blast of lime followed by coconut moments after. Very natural, and indeed a tropical bliss. One of the greatest openings I've experienced on a summery scent. Fresh, tropical, and beachy.

The opening is my favorite part, but for about the 20 minutes that it lasts the inevitable drydown follows..

The lime settles a bit, and you begin detecting the rum note infused with the coconut, and I'm guessing the sugar cane note follows. What I get here is a sweet & purply smell reminiscent of the beverage Pina Colada with a touch of lime. The fragrance stays this way all the way through.

Unfortunately I can't say I'm a very big fan of the drydown, but the top notes are what made me love the fragrance.

Performance:

Longevity is excellent. Definitely enough for me. Over 10+ hours.

Projection is again, excellent. I am indeed very lucky to be able to get more than 6 feet of continuous projection for hours on end. No lotion, only 4 sprays straight to skin. Seems to work beautifully for my chemistry. Shocking.

Overall I think it is an excellent tropical & summery fragrance. I do wish the opening notes last forever, as it would have been the perfect scent for me.

Creed has done it again with the quality of the notes used. I do suggest everyone sample it first before making a committed purchase but it's mainly due to the performance issues a lot of people seem to get.

I give this one an 8.5/10

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

The first few sprays of Virgin Island Water envelop you in a delicate haze of balmy, tropical bliss. The invigorating freshness of the lime cocktails beautifully with the soft sweetness of the coconut and rum notes. The coconut is warm and dry, not soapy and oily like that stuff in The Body Shop, and is immensely calming. It really is a Carribean beach walk in a bottle.

Then 60 minutes pass....and much like a drained glass of Malibu and Sprite, the coconut-island illusion fades into a faint wisp of watery lime that you can only smell if you hold your wrist against your nose.

That is piss-poor longevity by any standards, but at nearly €100 for a 30ml bottle, Creed Virgin Island Water is unjustifiable. Shame, because it's so nice while it lasts.

asheble93
asheble93

Virgin Island Water by Creed:

Opening with a very dominant lime note, Virgin Island water evokes the bright green fruit and its sour taste; following this is coconut, but my favorite note is the jasmine and hibiscus: For me the smell of jasmine brings back memories of my childhood home, where there was a beautiful jasmine plant that scaled the garden walls and filled the entire porch with a mesmerizing smell when it bloomed. I feel that this is a note that gets lost behind the strength of the citrus and coconut accords, but deserves just as much attention.

7.5/10

Tpainter2
Tpainter2

I love this one for the summer, however my wife just bought some cheap lotion from bath and body works that smells identical to this...so it's not that special.

SDavis93
SDavis93

I really wanted to 'love' this fragrance, its notes, reviews, the name just everything about it was like a perfect summer fragrance for me. but it is just 'good', which is a real shame. Maybe i expected too much but for the price you expect perfection its just not up there. The scent is nice but to me its like a high quality Aqua Di Gio, maybe its the batch as some people say but i really only get citrus for most of the fragrance, it is nice, but lacking depth especially for the price .

The first initial spray you get a burst of sharp freshly peeled limes, very nice and natural for the first 10-20 minutes, then you get very light, very subtle boozy sweet coconut mixed with some floral notes with the lime still prominent but not as sharp for about 2 hours, at which point it completely fades leaving a light coconut skin scent. overall its a nice natural citrus scent with a coconut dry down. also very unisex, projection and longevity is poor, 2-4 hrs max. (8/10).

A word of advise for people thinking about purchasing this(or other creeds or niche fragrances) if you have the cash then by all means definitely buy it is good quality, if you don't really have the cash or saving up to get this i would be more cautious try sample or save your hard earned cash because in my opinion it really does not merit all the hype it gets. it is tropical, nice and natural but overrated.

spidola
spidola

Mmmmmmmm! Oh my god, how good it is!
Usually I do not like perfumes which smell like food - like torts, caramels, chocolate (though I’m very gormandizer), but VIW is different – I would drink it…

It was a big surprise for me. I’m honest - I didn’t expect anything special. Thought, another typical Cologne with a lot of citruses for everyday use…Yes, I knew , it’s Creed, it should have a good quality, but I wasn’t very excited trying it. I dropped some beads on my arm…and I could not get my nose away any more – it was just delicious! I didn’t smell usual citruses at all. Imagine taking a piece of Bounty Chocolate and a small sip of Limoncello (an Italian liqueur) – it smelled like this! But it wasn’t all yet, there were delicate flowers - jasmine and ylang-ylang adding elegance and musk with his sensuality…

This is the best aromatherapy when you're nervous or just busy with everyday chores. It’s so relaxing!

The Caribbean vacation in the bottle!

Michael1962
Michael1962

I regard VIW as definitely a seasonal fragrance.Tried it a few months ago in mid winter and the luscious and invigorating cocktail disipated on my skin within the hour so I assigned it to my 'nice but doesn't stay on my skin'category.Much to my disappointment as I wanted to like this Creed (and it to like me) as it is so different to most fragrances on the market,like a lime mojito with a coconut twist.
I tried it again this weekend just to check if the warmer spring weather had a positive effect and voila..suddenly this fragrance blossomed and stayed for a good 6-7 hours.I will have to reconsider as this could quite easily become my summer signature scent :)

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

Virgin Island Water is the latest Creed that I've acquired; and the one that left me curious since most people said that this is the finest coconut based scent in the market - I see now that they had a good reason to say so

VIW starts with burst of fresh and crisp lime, surprisingly pleasant from someone who usually dislike lime - There's a lot of sweetness accompany the opening (but I haven't been able to detect the Rum as a single notes, it closer to pinacolada in my nose opinion - IMNO) before it changes with slight ginger and floral added to the shining coconut, gives it more character before the coconut becoming something close to a gourmand character; it's not a sugary coconut but more of a crisp coconut cookies smells-alike.

A Great transformation from lime freshness with boozy-characteristics before settles down with mouthwatering coconut - a well crafted fragrance that have a good character and could be a good signature as well (and a good idea since it's rarer to find someone wearing this than GIT, SMW, IM or Aventus)

Scent-wise, VIW is an astonishing fragrance with multifaceted scent that transform itself beautifully - projection's good and I had receive some compliments and people seemed liking it in positive lights, while the staying power is good the projection would quickly subdued after 2 hours

And one more, it smelt better on the skin rather than in the clothes

★★★★ for a nice tropical surprise from Creed

kerry_rahma
kerry_rahma

I just received a decant and fall in love with it.. It's fresh, yummy and yet appropriate to be a perfume.. No other scent like it. Longevity is amazing, 8 hrs on me. My city is tropical, so usually it takes away longevity on perfume. Sillage is moderate, but u can smell a whiff from time to time.. I simply adore it.. Will def buy a full bottle no matter how much it costs..

zaetown

One of my signature and fav creed scents, last a long time on me projects decent on my skin and is gorgeous.my only issue w/ this scent is that my wife hates it. WTH!!!! Ikr, how can it be u ask? Well its doesn't smell bad at all she says the issue is that it reminds her of the way my moms bathroom use to smell which erects sum bad memories,..ouch..

Sunflower77
Sunflower77

Lime and coconut. Delicious. This is a unisex fragrance that reminds me of vacation on a tropical island. I like it but I don't want to be the one who wears it because I feel a little weird to smell like delicious coconut. So I persuaded my husband to wear it. He likes it too but commented he wouldn't want to wear it at work since it was borderline feminine.

Update: this is now our favorite fragrance. My husband reaches for it every time, bypassing Silver Mountain Water, his previous favorite. I also start to wear VIW more than Light Blue or Spring Flower.

Couldn't wait to try this one as it sounds heavenly and right up my street.
In all honesty the Creeds I have smelled have been a mixed bag of the absolutely sublime to the frankly mediocre. However they never fail to show depth and that to me is what matters that they have been carefully conceived and always very well executed.
Virgin Island water is no exception...everything i expected, coconut, lime, rum , sweet sugar and a hint of musk. A quality fragrance really lush, fresh and energising I haven't worn it for any length of time but I should imagine it never gets old.
I was a little worried about the coconut note making it too much like a feminine moisturiser a bath product or Malibu(not like that's a particularly bad thing) but it is so well used, in perfect balance and feels totally natural with the other notes.
The sharpness of lime cutting through its like Oliver Creed is the perfect tropical bartender serving up an extremely well mixed cocktail.
It's incredible, stunning!
Now that summer is over I might wait a few months to get it, as it's definitely best suited to the heat.
Longevity is very poor it disappears quickly on my skin but it's such special juice I don't care about that.

ADCout
ADCout

First of all, a big thank you to the wonderful member Bettany87 because I had the huge luck to win one of her enormous giveaways, where she presented me with multiple decants and samples of rare perfumes. Without her generosity, I wouldn't write this review. Thank you so much :)

Creed Virgin Island Water is my first ever experience with Creed, actually, one of my first niche experiences. I always had curiosity to smell this one: the coconut, lime and rum sounded like a delicious cocktail.

And, in fact, it really is. It opens with the most refreshing and unexpectedly strong lime note and the mouthwatering coconut. Beautiful sweet and fresh opening. As it starts to develop on my skin, very weak hints of flowers start to appear, as well as strong boozy rum. Very sweet during the whole life of the perfume. Almost drinkable.

When I'm wearing this perfume, I actually feel really happy and calm. It feels like I'm on vacations in a beach paradise, drinking coconut water, with my eyes closed, hearing the sound of the calm light blue sea... Ahh, it transports me!

The longevity is very, very good for a fresh perfume, I got 6-7 hours with this one, and the sillage is good in the first 2 hours... Then, it's more of a skin scent, although I did get many compliments.

Very expensive, but totally worth the price, as it smells natural and well made.

editionblanche
editionblanche

does it smell too sweet/feminine? i want to buy it blindly...

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

"PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT...."

The Harry Nisson song pretty much sums it up.

I tried this tropical delight on a beautiful summer day, and although I enjoyed the subtle and well blended whiffs as I read my kindle on the beach, I realized this fragrance is akin to buying a wanted trinket on a cruise to Barbados, but never wearing it again once you get home.

Yes, Set Sail St. Barts Men smells similar, but it has a sharpness I find unpleasant. VIW possesses a softness that is unexpected in this kind of scent, in my experience. And it smells more "natural" to me overall. Whether you like it enough to pay retail prices is your decision, but I'm not much of a fan of this kind of scent, so that's not an issue to me. However, if I thought I would use up 10 ounces of this each year, as apparently some do, I would try to make it myself. Seriously, there doesn't appear to be any "secret ingredient" so why pay retail prices? For less than $100 I can get the notes listed and have fun trying to figure out how to make a similar scent. If I succeeded, I could whip up 10 or more ounces for around that price, if not considerably more!

UPDATE: Longevity is good, but projection drops way off within a couple hours or so..

zaetown

Just ordered a 4 oz bottle today because I had to have this stuff, I have found a new signiture scent for sure! I wana smell like this everyday!

Redbeard
Redbeard

When I bought the vial, I wasn't optimistic, expecting it to be too sweet, too weak, too feminine, or too gimmicky (coconut!?)...I ultimately liked it enough to buy a decant. It's very transparent to begin with, with notes being hidden by the alcohol, but the alcohol doesn't burn. Lime rinds, coconut juice (not coconut milk!), light airy florals and grasses emerge, reminding one of a tropical drink...not necessarily an actual one (pina colada / mojito hybrid?) but a smell that one would easily ascribe to a tropical drink in a tropical place, even though the booze only enters in much later. It would fit in well with the Tommy Bahama line. On tissue paper, it's less sweet and more grassy than I recall on my shirt or skin, where it became a semi-sweet, creamy, but not heavy coconut. Either way it's very clean in a way that doesn't invoke typical soap, but maybe just hints at the tropical-scented bath products that your resort hotel has provided. Only once I'm pretty far along timewise do I explicitly smell the booze component, basically a limey rum, turning it back a bit toward mojito territory. The coconut is still going, though, and I'd say it projects farther, so most people smelling the base on you would smell primarily coconut. This scent is extremely well-composed...an example of an expensive brand bringing out an atypical fragrance that would have been aggressive, overblown and tacky, like a $3 air freshener, if it had been made just to be marketable by a designer brand. Instead, Creed has kept VIW quiet, restrained and realistic, thus making it way more wearable than the disaster that it could have been. Also very plausibly unisex.

pop270
pop270

Just sampled this fragrance today. I gotta have it.

ckman2011
ckman2011

عطر صيفي رائع منعش
افتتاحية العطر حمضيات مع جوز الهند
توليفة رائعة تستقر على رائحة منعشة في الصباح
الثبات جيد جدا وكذا الفوحان

Many were discussing Virgin Island Water on the forum, describing it as a delicious, summery coconut scent. Before I could salivate all over my keyboard I ordered a sample before my anticipation could get any worse.

Virgin Island Water is indeed a very enjoyable fragrance, certainly not over-hyped. The coconut note has been represented well in this composition, however I did not prepare myself for such a bright, citrusy opening.

A note of refreshing lime takes the stage early on in Virgin Island Water, drawing a lot of the attention away from the creamy, sugary coconut. This is what makes Virgin Island Water unisex, that lack of sugary-sweetness.

Creed fragrances are either a hit or a miss with me. I do enjoy Virgin Island Water, but I can't say I'm a fan of some others, most notably Love in White. It's advisable to test them before you fork out the big bucks, because let's face it, they are very expensive.

It's Winter where I am at the moment, and even in this chilly weather Virgin Island Water smells great, even though it is mainly thought of as a Summer scent. Wear it in whatever way you like.

I will conclude this review by saying that the sillage was good, however the longevity needs some improvement, being somewhat fleeting on my skin. But all in all, Virgin Island Water succeeded in impressing me.

colognefan85
colognefan85

Opening: Lime, citrus with just a hint of coconut. Very light! Lime can smell a bit sour at first.

Dry down: The rum and sugar cane starts to pull thru, remains soft and light but starts to give off a tropical " Sun tan lotion vibe with its mixture of notes. Very well mixed and creamy. At times the coconut will be more noticeable depending on weather etc.

Longevity: 2 to 4 hours

Projection: Varies, in the dry heat it projects very well. But in Humid heat or cold you wont smell it after 1 hour.

Overall: Yes, many others smell close to VIW but this smells the most natural IMO. The dry down is a smooth creamy base of tropical goodness and seriously can give the vibe of the beach. Would like to smell more coconut, but regardless the fragrance is beautiful.

Purchase: TRY. Due to high price...I bought a large bottle after trying :)

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

"she put de lime in de coconut, she drank dem both up."

I sampled this at Neiman Marcus and went shopping thru the mall. I had to go back and buy it, where usually I can postpone. I love it...... I live in Hawaii so I can see this being perfect almost year round. The coconut is there but not in your face, not too sweet like candy. The lime mellows it out along with a little salt. I almost get pineapple but not quite, the sugar notes are convincing me it's there but it's not. It's refreshing for hot days but doesn't make me smell like a tourist coated with suntan lotion.

Excellent composition. I think I'm going to be a little obsessed with this one.

IamNevena
IamNevena

Ok, I just discovered and got this perfume for the first time today and I have to say that I am obsessed with it! IT IS ADDICTING to the point you just wanna pour the whole bottle on yourself!!!
P.S. It is not citrusi at all, but sweet and mellow just after a bit after you put it on!!!

Wiscan
Wiscan

A friend of mine wears Creed's Aventus, it smelt great. Impressed with the history and attention to detail (and being creative myself) I visited a Creed store and tried them all (didn't want to duplicate with friend - bit weird!) The Virgin Island Water just blew me away. I had some on my hand in the morning and returned later in the same day as it intoxicated me - I couldn't stop smelling it. I have travelled to the Caribbean 4 times, and I don't know what its is about this scent but it just strikes every chord. I will use it sparingly as I don't want to be accustomed to it - too special.

The coconut lime, and then ginger/rum - unbeliavable. Costly, but then quality is isn't it? The world would be a worse place without this creation. Brilliant.

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

Pleasant combination of lime and coconut, neither of which are notes I really enjoy. This is a lot of money to pay for a scent you could get from just applying tanning lotion!

jhitt793
jhitt793

Dizzyingly bright Jamaican lime starts things off, with milky copra and boozy white rum creating an illusion of a freshly poured cocktail. As things dry down, the tartness of the lime mellows out and subtle nuances of the heart pierces through. Heady jasmine and spicy ginger add depth and a break from the hesperidic opening. The base is all about the sweet rum and coconut accord, with the now ever so faint lime still perceivable. Evocative of nightlife in Havana. Initially upon reading the ingredients/notes list prior to testing, I feared this fragrance would veer into synthetic suntan oil territory. Under the masterful hand of Olivier Creed, it becomes much more than that. Here again Creed displays why natural ingredients are far more superior to their man made counterparts. (42)

garethjamesluke
garethjamesluke

This fragrance is nearly identical to the opening of Set Sail St Barts, except with a coconut vibe.

drewqxc
drewqxc

It smells like a milky sweet coconut thats lightly carbonated with citrus, I just want to drink and eat it!

Whenever I spray this, my girlfriend goes absolutely nuts! She says she can smell me with this all day long :-)

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

This perfume, to me, is like daydreaming at work. I picture the crystal clear turquoise blue waters of St. Barts, the warm golden sun, palm trees swaying, and me with my favorite drink in my hand, a Malibu rum with limonada (limeade made with Mexican limes), and in seconds, suddenly the phone rings and I'm back at my desk!

This fragrance is as amazing as my daydream while it lasts, but just as quickly, it's gone and I'm back to my humdrum.

I haven't quite cracked the mystery of what to layer it with so that I get more longevity. I'm thinking some pure organic coconut oil used in the shower as "soap", and then afterwards as a "lotion" might do the trick. I'll do whatever it takes to make the magic last longer!!

Roge'
Roge'

Have you ever met a pretty girl that inherited the genetic lottery only to never use her beauty to her advantage? Well, that's Virgin Island Water. VIW is one of the best scents you will ever smell. Here lies the problem: It feels like this tropical beauty never cares. The longevity feels a bit uninspiring. With this much beauty, you would at least expect for this to last 3 hrs. Damn shame that i have to spray my clothing to get some sort of value out of this. This is a hard sell due to price point and longevity issues. Having to layer this with another fragrance kind of proves that the scent is unworthy of it's price tag.

kitti90
kitti90

im not kidding. i bought a 200ml body spray for 5$ from H&M that smelled exactly like this!
alot of lime. ALOT. and after a while u can smell a bit of a watered down coconut.
not worthit:(

areyouin729
areyouin729

great niche scent; I can only wear it on vacation when I am out at a tiki bar or something but it makes me think of hot, fun summer days in the sand.

b360
b360

ive read the mixed reviews here and cant understand anyone not being mesmerized by this juice.....i love it.....coconutty rum cut w some ginger and the trademark creed citrus flavor and you have this awesome scent that for me really lasts long and in the end has a creamy kind of floral tone thats just like sour patch kids or swedish fish whatever those gummies....my youngest daughter begs me to give her a spray of "da coconut candy daddy".....warm weather need only apply in and better on clothes than skin.......8/10

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

I have to be honest..this is not worth my time or money..I had to watch the damn clock on this..I sprayed it on my shirt..and the initial 1-2 minutes are AWESOME..lime and rum really jumped out at me..then that went away after a few minutes and I was left with a skin scent of coconut water..and it was very close to the skin..I thought with the initial burst on the opening that this may give my Chanel ALLURE HOMME EDITION BLANCHE some competition with the citrus burst..but NO..this doesn't even compare and it costs more?! This is NOT quality..poor longevity..poor projection..not wasting anymore of my money on CREEDS..stuff is over hyped.

Gingi
Gingi

A true beauty in every sense. An aerial,balmy,elegant delightful feeling of comfort.
Pure pleasure of peacefulness.
TIMELESS!!!

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

Unimpressive. It does not smell bad, but it doesn't smell like anything special at the same time. To be honest it reminded me of what one of those cardboard air fresheners that you put in your car smells like. Coconut lotion comes to mind as well. Have to say out of all the creeds this one has been the least impressive. Its ok, but I would say move along. Definitely not a blind buy, get a sample first.

pt333
pt333

Creed's VIW starts off with very pungent lime in the initial spray but if you're patient and have the right body chemistry the dry down of the lime mixed with the rum, coconut, hibiscus and ginger becomes a sexy and spicy island delight like no other summer fragrance.

Maserati__Murf
Maserati__Murf

Creed's Virgin Island Water is a very fresh scent starting with the top notes I get a burst of very loud limes...after the lime calms down I get a very settle creamy smell which I believe is the coconut, from there its a skin scent with a sweet sugary like note. For the price I don't think it's bottle worthy because you would only want to bring it out on a very nice summer day, to me I had no problems with this scent very non offensive, just not enough spark for me....!!

aeg8193
aeg8193

ive only ever had three comments wearing this. one was my mum who said "you smell like cat piss." another one was a mate who told me i smelt like ants, and then i wore the cologne about 2 months later and again he told me i smelt like ants.

i love this fragrance but hmm .. really gets ya thinkin

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I like this and I think the coconut is very "real" smelling (not like suntan lotion) and the top notes are amazing! But personally I think the drydown is a tad too masculine for me, therefore I will be giving my decant to my hubby. I just felt like I was wearing a manly scent today and I didn't like the feeling. I didn't feel at all sexy nor did I feel fresh after the first half hour. But I have to say, this is going to be really nice on my hubby. It's the most natural lime coconut I have ever smelled, and I think it's blended quite nicely.

Go4broke
Go4broke

I challenge anyone to spray this on one wrist, and any other coconut /fruit fragrance on their other wrist, and them smell them both in a couple of hours. Virgin Island Water will still smell as fresh as the second you put it on, and the other one will make you want to puke. My wife did this with SJP NYC Pure Crush. This Creed is beautiful.

cristinaeeee
cristinaeeee

My first Creed fragrance and I don't really understand why people kept on saying Creed has great marketing that's why it sells. I've never heard of Creed before and never saw any advertising for it. I just smelled Virgin Island Water on a cousin and was immediately smitten with the scent. I had to ask what perfume he was wearing and fortunately he had a bottle in his gym bag and I sprayed some on me. I don't see this as marketing, it's one person genuinely liking the fragrance, which is not so hard to understand since we all like different smells.
I don't usually gravitate towards fresher scents but this one is refreshingly good and I immediately purchased a bottle. The coconut is unlike the cloying ones which are so popular right now, this one is fresh and light. The whole feel I get is breezy and relaxed. Ten hours after and it's still detectable. That's good in my book.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

A great hot weather scent. Runs right down the middle of unisex. An initial blast of coconut, but on me it fades quickly to mostly lime and a mix of florals, with only a few hints of coconut now and then. I also own Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts, and I like VIW more as the lime note blends better.

Not sure this is full bottle worthy, especially for the price. But if you wear a variety of scents like I do during the hot summer months, it is worthy of having a sample in the rotation.

malik2011
malik2011

This is astonishing & clever combination of salty, rummy & sweety notes. Let us just start, at the first sprit of this gem you will be surrounded with unique and well made coconut note, what is strange in this note that, Creed has successfully employed the *Coconut* note perfectly it smells chic and genuine while other fragrance employed the coconut note in a dim way like errrr i think they wanted to twist the coconut note to be instead of Vanilla,,

While Creed used it in a very professional way in its bright way * refreshing & relaxing * it starts the best the real coconut would smell like, let us say like that in Bounty chocolate and then it fades away a little just to give the chance to sun tan lotion note to appear elegantly then they both melt and radiates like rummy & sweety scent which is completely inviting and calming one.

So you will be promised with a real serene days & nights of summer with VIW.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is great for summer (if you want to smell like the tropics) or any place where there is a sea. This is creamy, it's fruity as well. Initial spray: I get a hint of sun tan lotion mixed with coconut, some sweets, and a bit of rum. I would wear this on a beachy day or a hot summer day. Try it.

chrissylefilce
chrissylefilce

Tried a sample of VIW at the David Jones counter and was initially overwhelmed by citrus,floral and coconut notes.These notes soon settled on my skin and I found the fragrance rather linear after this initial onslaught.12 hours later I can still detect a slight coconut smell which is rather pleasant and I may have found a different tropical fragrance for the warmer months to add to my collection.shame we are in winter as I found it rather uplifting.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

This fragrance is :
Too warm and sticky for the humid hot weather , yes you read right :P
Too weak for the cool weather
so , if u work in an office where there is an air conditioner , where this in the summer , but only in the office , not in the heat outside.
Creed marketing , definitley they have a strong team ;)

vitabhaya
vitabhaya

I got a lot of lemon/lime/rum right off the bat with this, as well as something else.. a sweetness, likely a flower, perhaps the hibiscus. Coconut rounded out the scent only ~30mins after spraying. I agree with K1, this scent is not your relax-on-the-beach kind of fragrance, but the kind of scent you wear to work in the summer wishing you were on a beach vacation. Or maybe you're in linen pants at a summer afternoon lunch with the in-laws. The blend is marvelously refreshing and yet formal, suitable for men or women as it remains politely neutral in its turn. I may just buy a bottle to wear at work in the summer, since my other summery fragrances are far more fruity and flippant.

K1

I expected a random simple oceany fresh chilly delicious perfume. Well, indeed it is. Coconut and lemon featuring with delicious rum at the beginning invites you gently and all the way positively like no remorse for what happens in the rest of the planet. You want to eat something, have fun and get rid of your big city sedentary lifestyle.
But the thing I don't like about this perfume is its formality. Seems you go to vacation but check your office works in your laptop all the time. It's not fit with relax tropical mood.
You better wear a casual shirt with a white coat and a Panama hat rather than random Hawaiian floral colorful shirts.
And of course cell phones off.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

Everytime I put this fragrance on I can't help but go "aruba Jamaica oh I wanna take ya to Bermuda bahama come on preatty mama" lol This is the most natural tropical fragrance I have ever smelled. Whenever I smell it it transports me. It relaxes me. It is anything but a powerhouse in the projection area but I leaves an amazing scent trial. Deffiantely one of my favorites from the creed house second to aventus. Smooth coconut with a splash of lime to keep it from smelling like suntan lotion and more like a tropical drink.

windhill
windhill

Actually, This one smell very natural. I smell some notes quite clearly. I live in tropical climate where coconut very common here. In this fragrance coconut doesn't scream synthetic or heady like most coconut-frags but transparent and real. Like real coconut water smell. And lime too, Smell exactly like fresh key lime in my kitchen. And the scent stay natural from the beginning to the end.

The most surprise for me it's the heart. While I'm working front of the computer I smelled jasmine from somewhere, definitely pure, real jasmine scent(I have jasmine shrub at the backyard) And then i realized it was VIW on my skin!

Masterpiece. All my families and friends love it. VIW is my favourite daytime summer scent.

mse-21
mse-21

A very delicious coconut fruity combination.

It smells nice but the only problem I have with it which is a practical one is: there is a perfume by Bath and Body Works which smells almost exactly like this; and is very cheap and somewhat popular where I live!

I don't like to pay for Creed and make the impression that I'm wearing something cheap like BBW!

Sorry! But I expect to get something distinctive to pay this price tag!

Longevity and projection are good.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

Not being much of a fan of Creed fragrances, the only other Creed I thought FBW was the excellent Angélique Encens (their masterpiece IMHO), so VIW was a pleasant surprise. It's refreshing yet creamy & boozy combination really does make for a perfect casual lazy summer fragrance.
Much has been said about VIW's similarity to B&BW's (now discontinued) 'Coconut Lime Verbena'. Personally, while they do share a similar vibe, when smelled side-by-side they really are beyond compare, with VIW vastly superior in every way. VIW is far more balanced, subtle and sophisticated. (Like the difference between a perfume & a mere body-product.) - However B&BW do have another product even more similar which could indeed prove useful to some. Especially so for those who might have problems with VIW's longevity &/or it's 'batch inconsistency' (where some are more limy/coconutty than others). And that is B&BW's new 'Coconut Lime Breeze'. But rather than the body-mist I suggest a better option is the Coconut Lime Breeze Body-Lotion (or even the body-butter). Layered underneath VIW it's not only very complimentary but will extend their longevity considerably. A really good match.

bigrube22
bigrube22

This Is just an ok cologne to me I might have to wait until the Virginia humidity to hit to try this one again. Just a synthetic smell to me

Mighty lion

Never knew coconut could smell so fresh.. This fragrance should be called blissful paradise, because that's the imagery invoked whenever I inhale this heaven scent.. Opens just as smoothly as the dry down, clean watery coconut with the citrus fusion of the lime and mandarin to add balance.. Absolutely for the hot weather, and absolutely for those that are vacation or holiday minded..I'm thinking Gucci moccasins, linen leisure wear, a sexy pair of shades, along with this frag ur killin em!!

greycardigan
greycardigan

Never have I ever smelled raw coconuts in a perfume until I tried Virgin Island Water. I am completely obsessed with this perfume. It's so uplifting to me. Aromatherapy for beach bums!

horus11c
horus11c

You will get the sun screen smell, VIW is not as a complex fragrance as Aventus or Santal, in my opinion VIW has very limited usage. I would give it 6.5/10 which is the lowest score i have given a Creed so far.

On a good note VIW def. has it uses during the summer months. I can see this frag being my official vacation frag. Longevity is questionable. I only got three hours on my skin.

I would not recommend this as your first Creed frag, but if you are a collector or a Creed enthusiast, i would say def. go for it.

kambelz
kambelz

Perfect summer time scent. Think of your best experience in a tropical climate all combined into a scent and that's what Virgin Island Water is.

To this day, I would have to say Lime is my favorite citrus note of all time. The lime in the opening blew me away, so much I instantly emptied the wallet for a 4oz bottle. I have finally found the lime scent I have been dreaming of forever. But the opening isn't just lime, you get some of the coconut and a sweet rum note in the background. There is almost a candy vibe in there as well, and I can only guess it might be the Hibiscus. Many people think it smells like sour patch kids with the sweet and sour opening. The lime stays through out the whole fragrance, but towards the end it dies down and you are left with a beautiful coconut note.

A lot of people have complained about longevity, but I easily get 10-12 hours every time on a very hot summer day. My favorite Creed by far.

rzetzm
rzetzm

That's it. It's April in Louisiana, and it's finally hitting 80+ degrees during noon. Enough! Time to review Virgin Island Water, by Creed.

Having been in love with Bath and Body's "Coconut Lime Verbena" I thought I'd treat myself to something more - supposedly - adult, or grown up. Certainly something only a grown-up could afford.

This scent epitomizes why we really wear perfume. You constantly glance around as you sniff your wrist for the 50th time in the past minute, hoping that, if anyone does see you repeatedly smelling yourself perhaps they'll think of a legitimate reason... ehh, who cares... sniff. This is how good fragrance can smell.

Alright already, so what does it smell like? Well, start with the aforementioned comparison and you've got yourself at a very close mimic. But smell 'em together? Waaaay different. Completely off. Sorry, but Bath and Body's facsimile is honestly foul-smelling next to this.

Virgin Island Water smells of sweet lime and coconut. Very expected. But really, it opens up with creamy flowers, simulating a light tropical breeze with those beautiful fruits. Stunning scent. Cannot wait for the weather to peak and spray this one all over.

Another plus, this cannot be over sprayed. Let's face it, it's not gonna last long in hot weather, and isn't cloying at all. Spray away.

flkirkland
flkirkland

Citrus, rum, coconut, and I swear I smell a hint of pineapple too. It's a boozy beach drink with the umbrella, sitting on the beach, feeling the warm sun, the smell of salt in the air. A really beautiful scent. As long as it lasts. My only complaint is that it becomes very close to the skin after an hour and is nearly gone in 3 hours. I know batch to batch can be different - but the longevity and sillage should be fairly consistent IMO - use a consistent ratio of oil vs. alcohol. Again - just an opinion. All that being said - I am wearing it when it is cold outside and the air is dry and this seems to be designed for warmer weather. Maybe in the sun and more humidity it will shine. Still a great scent either way, but to pricey for a 3 hour drive!

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

Pina Colada, white sand beaches, clear blue sea, waves and Bob Marley music...Perfect holiday with smile all over your face and the feeling that there's no tomorrow. This is expectations - sweet, pleasant, luxurious and unforgettable scent.
Coconut's milk is top, middle and the base - creamy, sweet penetrating into your skin and filling your body of warm optimism. The hit of limes is so energizing that immediately makes your eyes open a little bit wider. Rom gives that strength, stability and solid taste which turns kids desert into sinful adult's pleasure. Bitter hint of bergamot gives some playful rough and everything is covered up with white sugar's dryness.
Compliments to Creed for such a joyful and refined work - no cheep splashing fruit bomb, just simple unique dream summer in the bottle . This is the art to make from something "everybody wouldn't refuse " to "everybody desire".
And that powdery! How something can be so full of vivacious and dry at the same time?! Love it.
Amazing quality : silage - there is none who wouldn't notice this smell in the room and longevity - you will have to work hard with sponge to wash out this scent from your body.
In my opinion, it's suitable everywhere and anytime - don't bothering your mind :) Beside, who needs to think then smells like million dollar gourmand cookie?
Just relax and enjoy that everybody wants you :)

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

I was looking for a good summer cologne and based off of some reviews I've read and seen, I ended up purchasing Virgin Island Water (Batch C6212J01). VIW starts off with a very distinct lime note. The lime note is very sharp, yet fresh. I also detected the rum note as well. The combination of the lime and rum is very nice and refreshing. It reminds me of a nice cold Mojito! As the scent matured, the rum note subsided and the coconut note starts to take it's place (Lime note is still present). The coconut note is very impressive. It has a creamy sweet vibe to it. The sweetness I'm getting is probably the sugar note. I see how this is compared to a Pina Colada (2nd drink reference lol). The lime and sweet coconut notes carry this scent until the musk note kicks in. There is no ambergris present with this Creed Fragrance. In terms of longevity, I got 6 hrs out of this. That impressed me being as though today was a 49 degree day in my area. The sillage is about arms length however, I can see this being a little stronger in the heat. Overall, I like VIW. It's unique and reminds me of summer, but I don't see myself buying another bottle of it. Don't get me wrong, this is good stuff, but it's not a game changer like other Creed offerings. With that said though, this is a well done summer fragrance by Creed, and I'm glad I own it.

Monikakaka
Monikakaka

A sailing trip in the Caribbean Islands undertaken by Olivier and Erwin Creed provided the inspiration for this fragrance. Intoxicating tropical summer scents, sculpted in the Trade Winds, danced across the water, while on deck, father and son drew inspiration, both visual and olfactory, from the tropical palette before them.

Virgin Island Water is a delicious cocktail that will whisk you away to the Caribbean where life is gentle and serene and fragrance rides the breeze.

Top notes: Sicilian White Bergamot, Jamaican Lime, Sicilian Mandarin
Heart notes: Herbaceous notes, Ylang Ylang, Indian Jasmine
Base notes: Tonkin Musk, Tropical Woods

Very exotic (coconut is strong), citrusy & you can tell its CREED by miles x

steve0580
steve0580

A lemony opening that eventually dries down into a more smooth, subtle, sweet coconut.

I've read that Creed is known for variance between their batches of a particular fragrance and I have to agree.

In a sample I had, there was a VERY strong lemony opening that took a long time to dry down into the sweet coconut. From the first spray, the lemon was far more evident as the dominate ingredient.

When I bought a bottle, it was different. Yes, you can still smell a lemony opening but it was more subdued with a more prominent coconut (which I'm happy with).

Not bad at all.

freddinos
freddinos

Non sour, creamy lemons and limes dominate this perfume from top to bottom. At some point you can almost smell the escential oils coming from a citrus fruit being zested under your nose, but never sour only aromatic and fresh. The coconut is subtle and not at all predominant, it's just the balance the citrus fruits need. The drydown is lightly musky and ever so slightly coconutty. I dare say it reminded me of Annick Goutal Les nuits d'Hadrien in the way citrus fruis are presented

teilani
teilani

I am polar-born and raised and have never been to a tropical location. My preferences tend to stray to the Floriental.

Bought this as one of a sampler splurge as I am no where near a bricks and mortar store selling this stuff and will not make a full-size Creed purchase blind.

On application I was disappointed as all I could smell was coconut that evoked sunscreen. About a half hour in, other components got to come out and play - like the jasmine, musk and rum. Once coconut isn't the only thing I smell, this is almost enough to make me weak at the knees for pleasure in it, but only as I fathom it on men. I have no urge to reapply this, but will send it among a few of the more masculine Creed samples I have onto a friend of mine who might fall for it. The thought of smelling it on him when we cross literal paths again is pleasing indeed.

aeterno76
aeterno76

Creed may be overrated as a fragrance house, but Virgin Island Water is one of the exceptions. All the notes seem to blend as it passes through the phases. It opens with mandarin, then lime immediately stands out. The citrus lingers as the coconut blends in. Eventually the rum and musk settles. The notes shift and transition perfectly. Definitely a masculine scent, in my opinion. A lot of people feel it has limitations as far as occasion, but I wear it in the office during the spring/summer as well as out about town and to the beach. Despite it's relatively short longevity, it's probably the best Creed has to offer.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

if you work around the disappointing longevity, you are in for a real treat. one of the best creed scents and one of the best scents out there in general.

my #1 summer scent, but i would wear this any season.

4.5/5

kambelzful
kambelzful

I love this fragrance. It ties with my Silver Mountain Water for my favorite creed. I love lime fragrances, and this is my favorite lime scent I own.

I don't get many notes in this one. It's a beautiful mixture of simplicity. I get a lot of lime, and some creamy coconut and a little rum in the background. But to me, this smells absolutely amazing. It is so refreshing and nice on a hot summer day, or perfect for trips to tropical places. I wore this the whole 7 days I was in Hawaii. I get great longevity for a fresh and natural fragrance. Around 8 hours. Best lime scent out there.

juancar_66
juancar_66

For to be a Summer Fragance it´s very sophisticated an complet.

Nice and so natural Coco notes.
Citrus and Floral too with base notes like a Mojito.
So long longevity.
ideal for summer suppers in hollidays but very good out of summer too.
Good and nice parfum with Creed Quality.

jtd
jtd

Virgin Island Water wants to convey "tropical." It doesn't smell so much like the Carribean as it does a Brit on holiday in the Carribean. It doesn't smell like coconuts and warm weather flowers. It smells like mojitos, piña coladas and suntan lotion (that's the anscestor of sunblock to you kids.) I smell VIW and I visualize the stereotypical holiday traveller. The pasty skin turning red and the oddly conceived shorts, socks and shoes combinations.

Another risk of the piña colada flavor is that it can evoke the scent of fabric softener. Where Angel might be able to pull off the edible/poisonous contradiction, VIW can't. But then again, I don't like piña coladas. The irony (well, one irony) of this perfume is that the cloying aspects would be magnified if worn in a hot, humid location, the Virgin Islands for instance.

Despite the build up to the 2012 Olympics I feel that England itself needs no PR. Does GB really need Creed, then, to export its equivalent to the ugly American, the holiday traveller with visions of 007 dancing in his head?

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Agreed that this is a light, man's fragrance for summer, and for once one that doesn't contain blue/green notes. Citrus is a minor player here. Upon first whiff, I dreamed I was sunbathing on a sailboat with a fabulously handsome man at the helm, the day sunny and breezy with big cotton ball clouds in the sky, the scent of coconut wafting in the air...

aucffan1
aucffan1

This for me is not a Man's cologne.. The only times I can see it being appropriare for men would be a beach party or a beach themed party where you want to smell like you are wearing sun tan lotion or as an aphrodisiac when you and your lover are getting nasty..

Other than that in my opinion it is a Ladies scent all the way.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

that's the thing about creeds..the batch variations.. previously i tried Creed Virgin Island water and it smelled amazing w/ mostly coconut at the opening top note with a hint of lime in the dry down..now the recent batch i acquired is the opposite..the top is mostly strong lime (that smells like poison ivy) then light coconut in the dry down... then the scent vanishes all together.. longevity sucks..but the coconut smell is heavenly..Hope i can find a more coco-nutty batch because Creed fragrances can never be duplicated!..

fununderthesun
fununderthesun

Actually Gianmarco......gregmech26 is right, Creeds batches do very from year to year, you can find multiple threads on this all over basenotes and prob fragrantica, you can even call the Creed boutique to confirm. So before you start coming in here and bashing other peoples "nonsence info" maybe you should do a little reseach your self, and keep your unecassary comments to your self.

gregmech26

The strength of the coconut all depends on which batch number you received. It has nothing to do with skin chemistry. Creed is notorious for their extreme batch variations.

For example, some bottles of Creed Aventus smell like Pineapple Fruit Loops while other bottles of Creed Aventus smell like cigarette ashtrays. Both people would be correct in their analysis depending on what specific batch they personally received. No one is "right" or "wrong" per se in their perception.

Likewise, some bottles of Virgin Island Water are pure Lime, and have virtually zero coconut, while other bottles of Virgin Island Water are coconut-intensive. It all depends on which bottle/batch you received.

The variations have little or nothing to do with individual skin chemistry, and much more to do with Creed's inconsistent batch variations and lack of quality control.

williamvargas
williamvargas

got a good 10 mil sample froma a friend, one of those that creates that summer vacation feel, i expect to hear the sound of steel drums in the background , the smell of coconuts and sun tan lotions in the air..an ambiance creating type of fragrance, very nice lime with the coconut..isn't there a song like that? he puts the lime in the coconut, i put it on this morning and one person commented , that smells like summer or malibu beach.. lol.. i wish..getting back to the smell...very nice fragrance, i tend to think of younger people wearing this, although i am sure an older person can pull this off.not sure i would wear this alot but what a perfect scent to wear to outdoor summer party.. thumbs up.. smell this one if you can.

Most of all this fragrance smells the coconut note. The lime note is also very noticeable, only a little bit less.

I like this fragrance. It smells natural and delicate like fragrances by Creed usually smell. I appreciate it in other fragrances by Creed a lot. But actually speaking about the coconut scent, I would prefer it to smell more intensive. Anyway, it's good enough.

wchickillo
wchickillo

everytime i smell this im swept to a beach on some tropical island. Im hit with the most pungent coconut smell you could imagine in a mens fragrance. And for some reason...i absolutely love it. The lime compliments the coconut very well and produces a very fresh, fun fragrance. Definitely not something i would wear everyday, but its a great fragrance to wear during the day in the summer and even spring months. try layering this with Green Irish tweet to give GIT a fresher, lighter kick.

murysusanto

If you savor coconut then get this! Everytime I use this I feel like having pina colada. The scent is tropic, light yet posses that rum flavour makes it exotic.

Nordic_Saab95
Nordic_Saab95

Just picked up a 4.0 yesterday, and decided since it was 100° outside, I'd give it a go.
I don't see a similarity with SSSB at all. This is more lime, and SSSB is more lemon handi-wipe. This is to coconut, that SSBS is to agave. I don't think it's even close.
I mean BIG blast of coconut. It's weird, but I eat Thai food all the time, and minus the beef/chicken, this screams Panang Curry, more so than anything. Smells just like the dish. Don't believ me, go order it, and smell that, and a lime.
It's more manly, then perfume, and seems to last quite long, even in 100 degree heat. I like it. It's no Aventus, or GIT, but seems to be a good tropical scent.

Nichehead
Nichehead

At first smell of this fine fragrance I get a distinctive coconut (Malibu Rum anyone?) and Sour Patch Kids smell (Lime); and boy does it smell divine. Out of all my summer scents I am going to be reaching for this majority of the time. You honestly smell like a beach vacation. It also gives me this carefree mentality while wearing this. What a great, happy, fun and overall enjoyable scent. Projection is moderate at best and longevity on my skin is about 4-6 hours depending on how humid it is that day. I highly suggest you sniff this one out before buying!

murysusanto

Very exotic, luxury and pleasant. To me, it's worth the money spent so it's all good.
One incredible scent and nothing comes close to this just yet so its distinctive.

The shelf has to keep at least one battle of creed, for connoisseur is compulsory.
A rating of 10/10 besides the other I liked earlier, green irish tweed and silver mountain water.

murysusanto

I loved this but since it's so pricey here I'll have to buy it online. I like coconut and rum, so I think it's like a blend of pina colada on your skin.

Plantae
Plantae

A party is going on my skin and someone is squeezing an ABSOLUTELY fresh lime in front of me and pouring the juice in a coconut drink. The best citrus based fragrance I smelled so far, the lime smells so good it's euphoric. It is a very expensive fragrance for the summer but it is by far my favorite for summer. 10/10 all the way.

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

LORD HAVE MERCY. This scent is the definition of overrated. Don't be fooled by the sexy name and sleek bottle. This scent is nothing above tropical frebreeze spray. Literally it smells like synthetic coconuts and pinapple. And nothing else. This is ideal for a teenage girl and scented sticker.
What a dissappointment

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

A grown-up coconut scent. You can see yourself on a genuine sail boot with a La Martina Polo Shirt and a Longchamp bag, looking very important ;-)
But this is not meant negatively. Noo never. This perfume is a gift to all coconut lovers who are fed up with all these nasty and plastic smelling coconut fragrances. Coconut doesn´t smell like all these things. This is a really elegant and solid smell, very interesting because of this lemon and rum note. Mediterranean not tropical is this a perfume even for special occasions, it would never smell ordinary.
Love it!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

You can almost hear the marimba band playing in the background when wearing this. It is a much more gentle and much more expensive version of Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena. Really tropical and fresh but I would not pay the big bucks for this.

Thanks to Yamba1 for the sample.

Kain
Kain

This is an amazing fragrance with so pleasant smell. a great choice for spring and summer days.
The opening is semi sweet lemon with some coconut which is in the background. you can smell some rum in the opening too, but it's not boozy rum.
Lemon 70% + coconut 20% + rum 10%
The lemon here is not fresh and natural like Dior Homme Sport for example. it's creamy with touch of coconut and rum. imagine Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche without pepper and with some coconut and rum mixing with it.
After about half an hour, the lemon note start to decay and now it's coconut turn to shine!
In the drydown the beautiful coconut come in and say hello guys!
It's sweet, creamy and delicious. the sweetness is not cloying or powdery. it's very smooth and pleasant and you will have this scent to the end.
I get around 6-7 hours out of it for longevity. at the first 3 hours this fragrance project great and everybody can smell it but after that it's a skin scent but still have a good projection.
I love it and it's one of the the greatest by Creed.
يه عطر بسيار خوشبو و جذاب، مناسب براي بهار و تابستون
رايحه ابتدايي اين عطر بوي نسبتا شيرين ليمو هست كه مقداري بوي نارگيل اونو همراهي ميكنه
بوي ليمو خيلي تازه و طبيعي نيست. چون به نارگيل و كمي رايحه هاي شيرين تركيب شده بيشتر شبيه خامه هست با طعم ليمو
بعد از حدود يك ساعت ليمو كم كم شروع به محو شدن ميكنه و رايحه نارگيل قويتر ميشه
رايحه نارگيل تو اين عطر شيرين، طبيعي و بسيار خوشبو و دلپذيره و شخصا از بوش سير نميشم. خيلي دلپذيره بوش و آدم ميخواد رسما مچ دستشو گاز بگيره و بخوره! :دي
بوش تا انتها همين نارگيل هست و تغييري نميكنه
پخش بوي اون تو حدود 3 ساعت اول بسيار عاليه و تقريبا همه متوجه بوش ميشن اما تو چند ساعت بعد پخش بوش ضعيفتر ميشه اما بازم پخش بوش بدك نيست

Heverton
Heverton

Virgin Island Water starts with a very bright and dominant lemon note associate with a creamy coconut aroma which starts at the background but then trough time shows itself more and more in a "drink" way if I may say.

As time goes by coconut dominates the fragrance in a very boring and not long lasting way making me say "thanks" for not blind buy this.

martinweibye
martinweibye

This scent gives me compliments like no other fragrance, girls loves it!

Get lots of lime and coco in the beginning, when it dries down I'm left with coco, sugar and rum. Smells absolutely lovely all the way through. Wouldn't blind buy it, cause of the price, but it's and absolutely must try.

ajblondie
ajblondie

Top notes of lime are very apparent on first spray then the creamy coconut kicks in, the white rum is also there putting me in a happy holiday mood for when the sun is shining. The only female creed that I have liked enough to buy a full bottle of.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Isn't it interesting how skin chemistry highlights certain notes and not others? Unlike previous reviewers, I get very little lime, rather, a heavy and sweet gourmand take on coconut. The inspiration for VIW was the Caribbean, and to that end, the perfume is spot on. It is easy to conjure an image of a sandy beach, an exotic holiday and carefree days.
For me though, this perfume makes me think of my students days when I did a stint as a cocktail waitress at a beachside restaurant. The rum, coconut and lime together are so sweet, I cannot help associating this with the myriad of cocktails served in a coconut shell with lots of cream and little umbrellas. Fun memories! Thanks Mister Chaz for the opportunity to test this great perfume.

gregmech26

My recent purchases of VIW feature mosty a sour lime note as well. I can not smell any coconut at all. The coconut is almost non-existent. I've read about other people having similar issues with different batches. If anything, Creed needs to really boost the coconut note or else it's not worth buying anymore.

Aureliev
Aureliev

On my skin, i only smell lime, which is nice but i'm so disappointed because no coconut at all!!!

lolipophead
lolipophead

This is so zingingly lovely that I spray it on my scarves and put them away! It seems a shame, but two things 1. it's expensive (and I wouldn't mind but..)2. it doesn't smell strong enough on my skin to last the day.

But it gives me such a boost, particularly in winter, and it's the one scent I reach for if I need a lift. I love the lime, which for me, is the most sniffable part of the perfume. This is one of only four or so perfumes which I replace once I've finished it. Gorgeous. I've never smelt it on a man, I bet it would be wonderful, though.

jcastano
jcastano

If ever the ideal summer scent came to mind, Creed's Virgin Island Water is number one on my list! I even wear it in the winter and fall, although winter and fall are hardly even considered cold weather in South Texas. Regardless, this fragrance is magical and falls right there in between the spectrum of masculine and feminine. Both sexes can pull this off easily. Of course with Creed, quality is never lacking and if I'm not mistaken, this can easily be purchased from discounters for around $130-$160. Whether retail, which runs around $150-$250, or discounted, VIW is worth the price of admission. It seems to lasts ages on my skin and leaves a beautiful blend of milky coconut, lime, rum (reminds of Captain Morgan's coconut rum), and lightly sugared ginger and florals. It's not cloying or overwhelming. It's just well balanced and light. It's perfect! I was lucky to receive a 1 oz decant from a very generous gentleman but soon I'll be out of this precious juice and when I am, you better believe I'm going to repurchase this along with it's gorgeous flacon. For what it's worth, women seem to really enjoy it and even men ask me what I'm wearing! If you're looking for something different and better accommodated toward summer weather, Creed Virgin Island Water is one I highly recommend! It's worth every penny!

kris919
kris919

coconut, lime, sugar, rum. in that order. lasts all day. perfectly mixed and easy likeable even if you're someone who's not a fan of most Creeds. the perfect summertime unisex scent.

Redpula
Redpula

Lemon wonder! coconut fresh, so comforting... then hours after by the dry down, I smelled a light touch of Angel for women and Eau de Star. Very good fragrance but very expensive. Great projection and longevity. If you have the budget, its worth to blind buy.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

when you look up "fun" in the dictionary there oughtta be a picture of a VIW flacon! this is NOT the world's most sublime, deep, mysterious scent. this is pure chilled-out enjoyment.

i decided i wanted to explore the Creed offerings one day, and spent almost an hour at the NeimanMarcus counter with a VERY nice and patient sales associate (thank you, ma'am!). i literally tried (in various ways) every male or unisex Creed they had to offer. ultimately, i narrowed the 'interesting' scents down to six or so. of all the offerings Creed has, i think VIW is impressively distinct. i happen to like distinct, though i understand that not everybody does. in total, i'd estimate that i have just over 100 scents (most of them testers), and i'm not sure one of them is THIS distinctive.

i even wear this sometimes when i'm really stressed out and it helps me relax a bit and keep things in perspective. i guess it's my own little "olfactory shakabuku" :-) .

jerseyjoe1981
jerseyjoe1981

you put the lime in dee coconut and drink em booooot up!!

periplos
periplos

Se sei un regular mind puoi indossare VIW solo in estate. La fragranza è composita e non di diretta e inequivocabile interpretazione ma le note sono 2: lime in testa e cocco in coda. Io lo metto anche se e quando piove, in estate, primavera, autunno e inverno. Dipende dal mood del giorno e dal colore dei vestiti. Infatti di solito in inverno lo abbino al maglione giallo.. :)

Avevo un campioncino ravanato a fatica in una profumeria del centro. E' stato amore all'istante. L'ho comprato il giorno dopo. Per me è un profumo umorale: più sono up e più ci vado pesante, mette buon umore. Puntualmente qualcuno mi chiede "che profumo hai?" e io lesino un "ho un profumo al cocco"; non me ne vogliano la CREED e il mercato ma più il profumo è particolare e più da soddisfazione e goduria sapere di essere in pochi ad indossarlo.. fossi sceso in dettaglio metà delle persone che mi hanno chiesto se lo sarebbe comprato. Questo profumo piace.

NB Non è il classico profumo maschile in stile dopobarba del falegname, è un'essenza che ha molto di ironico. Sono certo quindi possa non piacere affatto; da provare prima di acquistare.

slyswann
slyswann

Exquisite!......as long as you like lime and coconut. This is my favorite summer scent. It's light, but when combined with the shower gel and deodorant, it lasts all day. Can't imagine another summer fragrance trumping this one. Sur de Nil by Hermes is the closest competitor to me.

guccichic85
guccichic85

I love this scent! It instantly takes me back to a Caribbean Island vacation. It smells expensive, yet exotic, and one of the few that husband loves on me.

the_hours
the_hours

Beautiful scent to wear in the depths of winter when you want to sail off to tropical islands, enjoy the sun and cocktails at the beach. I wish it were richer in terms of lasting power.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

The creamy coconut mixes with the tangy lime in sweet perfection!The clean citrus of bergamot and mandarin add a freshness to the white rum and sugar cane so it is sweet, but not in a cotton candy sort of way.Plus, the exotic tropical floral notes add balance and dimension.The musk holds it all together.A true feel good scent,transporting the user to an unspoiled tropical island,pina colada in hand,ocean breeze in hair,the smell of suntan lotion on well oiled skin.
A bit pricey, but can you really put a price on true bliss?

annina
annina

Un profumo deliziosamente estivo ed inglese allo stesso tempo....Alla nota agrumata iniziale, segue una scia gourmand al cocco, non troppo dolce ma persistente. da provare

Louvenia
Louvenia

Oh no..Not for that price!I can only smell lime and subtle coconut in the background!No complexity,no imagination!Too overpriced and underrated for what it offers!Coconut is so soft I can barely smell it..When it settles down there's only lime and musty coconut!I think you can find a lime perfume easily without paying much..

I must confess I have used B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena to blend in with the Virgin Island Water because Virgin Island Water by itself is too gentle and subtle for my skin.

Update: B&BW just released "Coconut Lime Breeze", and it blends so much better with this Virgin Island Water!

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

Just a simple review from myself (28-year-old Male in the bay area, CA).

This is the second Creed fragrance I've ever purchased.

It differs from other Creed fragrances, and from most other fragrances, period...Except for Bath & Body Works' Coconut Lime Verbena which does NOT count--you're probably saying "How dare he compare a CREED fragrance to a Bath & Body fragrance!".

Anyway, it's definitely more of a Summer scent but I find myself wearing it whenever I feel like it through any season.

My best friends advised me not to wear it out to the clubs/bars because it might smell like I spilt a drink/shot (Malibu) on myself, though I wouldn't mind!

In my opinion, this might appeal more to the younger male/female. I like it, but others may find it too literal.

Ddj221
Ddj221

Just finished the tester...don't waste your money! The scent disappeared after 30 minutes. I am grossly disappointed with Creed products., way overpriced for scents that are only ok and don't last at all.

meshary007
meshary007

Two words .. .. Pina Colada

Opens sweet & sour bergamot coconut then the ergamot disappear .........
You will left with the best coconut scent ever ....

The story mix of Creed house :
Back in Paris, the voyage still firmly in his memory, he blended these ingredients with essence of copra (the white inner portion of the coconut), white rum, bergamot and musk, to capture not only the bracing freshness of the unspoiled tropics, but also their signature spirit of pleasure. French style and Caribbean bounty combine in the hands of Olivier CREED to become Virgin Island Water, a fragrance that unwinds the tensions of life.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Fragrance Notes: Lime, Coconut, Jasmine, White Rum

LOL. Well what can I say about this fragrance it is tropical and smells like a cocktail you have had while chilling out on a beach in Jamaica. It is a one of a kind type of smell, I mean it smells like you have spilled Malibu all over yourself as you were trying to apply your sun tan lotion.

For me this is a novelty fragrance that you would wear for parties, going out with people who know you. A summer time fragrance that you would wear for a laugh.

silentrich
silentrich

Smells fantastic, but like others have said it's not going to be an everyday fragrance. It veers more towards the feminine side, but it's not feminine enough that a man can't wear it. If you want a tropical fragrance look no further. Personally I wouldn't buy this unless you live in a warm climate. This is my vacation fragrance and it's perfect for that.

angel6
angel6

Just got my bottle today and spray a little in my arm
wow!! it's a lot of coconut and I can detect the rum too but my nose is not sophisticate enough to detect the other notes but I'm luck because I like coconut. It has dry down to a very soft musc smell and the coconut is less strong but still there, I order this blind, and I'm happy with it, and will be wearing it in the summer.
Update: I'm getting tired of this perfume I think may be the coconut, I don't know, won't buy it again. 25 january 2013.

geekwhit
geekwhit

This is my favorite summer fragrance. It makes me think of tropical drinks on an island beach, but in a classy, subtle way. On me, the coconut is soft and not at all overpowering; the rum note is actually what is the strongest on drydown for me. Wearing this perfume makes me happy.

This is one of the perfumes that men seem to love, too (along with Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly). So I think it definitely has some inner bombshell sex appeal.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Living in the sun trap that is London (joke), a fragrance such as this is a blessed relief to my senses as it's tropical island inspired ingredients help transport me from the mild/cold English climate to a lovely Caribbean beach where the sun shines and the food and drink warm my soul. Lovely, niche, expensive bit of indulgence on my part, will no doubt produce affection and antipathy in equal measure, but I like my fragrances to mirror my emotional palette; in this case, my need to escape (to tropical climes from time to time).

So I have been wearing these for a little while now. All I can say that this scent is super subtle but smooth and gentle. It can be worn all year round. Coconut, lemon, and lime are always stick around from start to finish. Some mild blossom flower and tangy ginger do show up but don't stick around very long. There is nothing else that I can tell. I wish the scent is more consistent on me. Some day I can't smell anything, some day I smell just plain coconut, and some day it just lingers for hours. If I wear this in summer, my sun screened lotion smells stronger! :( I don't think I will be repurchasing this one. It's just a bit too weak for my liking.

Update: because of the scent is so light on me. I was given an advice that I could blend it with other Creed. In my case, Creed Original Santal blends with Virgin Island Water making the scent stronger and intriguing. The plain coconut rum gets a kick of woody cinnamon; pretty nice.

ososigma16
ososigma16

This is a good fragance, but as many here said it's hard to find the occasion to wear it, in my case that's not a problem because here in Texas is hot, so I can wear it everyday, in my opinion the coconut start little bit overpower, but after 30 mins the drydown it's great, I spryed at 6:30 am and it's 3:00 pm and I can still smelling the coconut, it makes me feel like if I were in the beach, like some fragrances this is the kind that you just need spry 3 times otherwise you'll be messing with the main ingredient (The coconut), you can't be wrong there's not many people wearing this.
Totally recommended.

gregmech26

Virgin Island Water is a world-class masterpiece; however, I wish it had a stronger coconut scent or that Creed would make an EXTREME version of this scent with MORE coconut. This is the only male fragrance on the market with such a clean and well-defined "ripe" coconut scent.

I've sampled over 1,000 fragrances and this is my number one signature scent. I will often purchase the 1 oz. size bottle just for the shape of the bottle. Although less of a value, the 1 oz. bottle is a work-of-art compared to the larger bottles.

VIW is a unique, light, fresh, crisp, natural, sweet and playful scent which definitely leans towards the masculine, but it's not too masculine that a female could wear it. This is an everyday fragrance for me, and I live in Michigan! It's been my signature scent since 2007.

The good news is you can NOT possibly over-spray this EDP. It works best with a few sprays to the hair and clothing, which will make the fragrance last longer. There are equal amounts of lime, sugar, coconut, and jasmine which make this Creed a very well-balanced scent.

It just smells so AMAZING and high-class, and puts me in a good mood every time I wear it. It's perfect for all seasons, including winter. The only way VIW could be better is if they added more coconut, and labeled it VIW Intense!

A simple fragrance for a simple man with no hidden agenda. 5-stars!

Haha Delphine! I always say, niche does certainly not make it worth the while by default!!! I myself do love it, but I can sure understand what you are saying!

delphine67
delphine67

Im dissapointed by this one. openings smellt on me a bit like J lo's miami glow but then it turns in to a sour coconut lemon on my skin. Not very appealing

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Obviously everyone notices the coconut. Coconut is one of the most easily identifiable scents, although there are some things that can evoke a coconut like experience, without actually being coconut, but this is not one of those, this indeed has coconut. But every bit as big as the coconut, and maybe even bigger is the JASMINE! This is full of big florals...BIG. I have to say I think this fragrance definitely veers to the feminine side. Very soft with big florals, and huge jasmine. A very nice tropical fragrance, but not one that I will be wearing any time soon.

Cylob
Cylob

Tropical heaven!
We're not all coconut haters, thank god...
Love this fragrance. Tested 11 Creed fragrances today and this was the only one that screamed "buy me!!". And so I did.

Can't stop sniffing my wrist for hours now as it gets better and better during the drydown. Envisioning a great happy tropical island: really love how a fragrance can draw a picture. And what a colourful picture this is! It puts a smile on my face...

All the notes blend smoothly and I really don't get the coco overdose that others seem to get. But hey: coco was what I was after in the first place, so it wouldn't have bothered me anyway.

Now bring me a cocktail, James!

Papi
Papi

Only for girls and lovers of scentless scents, pardon! there is actually a coconut. Hope your Visa will not hate you for it :)

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

This should have been named Essence of Coconut. I just don’t see men wearing this one in public sorry. I wanted to like it but I just don’t. It made me feel like I was wearing refined Love My Carpet or something. This would be a great scent for your home not your skin. I am not saying that it stinks because I don’t think it does. I am saying that I wouldn’t buy it or wear it anywhere except to sleep if it was gifted to me.

Chantal
Chantal

(!) I will begin by stating how I bought this fragrance and where I bought it from, and I also want to specify that this was a decant, and also my first experience dealing with a decanting company.

Company: ThePerfumedCourt.com
Online Shopping (Via PayPal)
Size, Format, Price: 2.5 ml spray 17.99
Manufacturer: CREED
Fragrance: Virgin Island water

My attempt at buying from Creed

I was going to buy a small bottle from the Creed Boutique in New York City, but due to website glitches and insufficient website maintenance resulting in significant ordering difficulties as well as a 50$ tax charge on a 130$ item that was not accompanied by a breakdown of the 50$ amount, I was wary of making this purchase and also had a hard time trying to. I ended up buying from a decant company, but it is not because I am taking a cheaper route; I was prepared to fork out the money to buy directly from Creed because I wanted to bring readers an untainted review of Creed perfume purchased from the Creed store itself. Instead I will settle for doing a decant review, while clearly making no illusions as to where I bought it. Plus, instead of reviewing one fragrance, I bring three Creed reviews.

Fragrance review

Virgin Island Water: A fragrance with personality. Separate notes are distinguishable but blend nicely. Coconut has a natural sweetness. The lime note, which is equal with the coconut in the opening, is not bitter or sour, it is fruity and lends some bite, especially when combined with the ginger note which takes a few minutes to emerge. This is a medium strength fragrance all the way through, warming up to a rounded finish with a slightly sweet musk in the base notes. At times spicy, citrus or pure smooth coconut, Virgin Island water is a charming, easy going scent that is a joy to wear and has great potential as a summertime favourite.

Two Other Creed Reviews to look for soon:
Love In White
Fleurissimo

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top + Middle + Base:

You won't believe it:

Coconut + pinapple + vanilla + famous amos cookie scent ALL THE WAY. By far the only creed that I test which lasted like this for 10 hours!!!!! Washing away with water will only be left with ambergris.

Complements? Nah....

As you can see....I live in a tropical nation....coconuts are like....something common, something people eat, something ppl drink, and many people say 'it smells like coconut ice-cream'.

I can't even put which occasion I can use it.

Wedding? No.
Work? No.
Party? No.
When guess comes to your house and you spray this? Maybe.
Wine-drinking? No.
Functions? No.

This is a TRY. Different people has different skin chemistry, I had a good one on this for sure.

The country I am in has no 4 seasons, so it is either hot or cold weather. This could be all rounder, jack of all trades fragrance for 4 season countries (as they don't often see coconut). BUT I do not know when to use it...

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 1 (bla bla bla to me).

Sillage: 4 (the only creed which people can scent it on my skin).

Time length: 5 (great on my skin, I do not know about others, so please, try this first).

Occasion: 1 (I DON'T KNOW WHEN TO USE IT!! IT'S A BORING SCENT TO ME AND THERE ISN'T MUCH COMPLEMENTS FROM THIS).

Overall base on mathematics: 2.75/5

Creed, what an over-rated scent.

lfmars98
lfmars98

Strong coconut opening, but settles down to a nice, fresh citrus drydown.

guest_Olfac
guest_Olfac

What a Beautiful crisp citrus fragrance! The coconut isn't strong or dominant but rather melds into the other notes giving the fragrance a beachy tone - one of the few perfumes on the planet which avoids the suntan lotion association.

The lime in the top notes is fantastic. There is a spicy-floral quality to the fragrance, mainly due to rum, a bit of ginger and some florals such as jasmine and hibiscus. The drydown is light, with some light sweet musk and florals. Very easy to love, smells like its made with great ingredients, and works for both sexes.

Other fragrances such as Bahama Set Sails and BBW's Coconut Lime Verbena are no substitutes...either the composition is lacking or the ingredients will smell worse. VIW is probably the best beach-inspired scent on the market right now.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

To me this is a softer Cococabana from Patricia de Nicolai. I like it but it's a little too soft for the price, I like my scents with strength and staying power.

Cereza
Cereza

Somehow from Creed I expected better sillage. I have no bad thoughts about how long it lasts, BUT the sillage is awful. I can feel it only when I press my nose upon my wrist.

Anyway - about the perfume. Oh, perfume is marvelous. I usually dislake citrus fragrances, because so many of them remind me of WC freshnerer, but of course with Creed it's not a problem. It opens as mojito or, no, sorry, as someone already mentioed caiparinhja. Very natural and lovely lime, extremely refreshing and I can see this fume as something that could rock ones world in hot summer days. For me - the sillage makes it hard to invest in a full bottle, if it wouldn't be for that I would definetely try to get my hands on this one. Coconut is present, but no as a suntan lotion. Flowers are presant as well, but almost unnoticable.

MDWake8
MDWake8

Can be a cure for the winter dull-drums or a perfect vacay scent. Sweetly pleasant and sparkling on the skin. Coconut haters will want a pass on this one.

guest_debob
guest_debob

Ahoy Mateys!
As a pirate wench myself, I'd like to say this scent takes me on board my ship, laden with limes and coconuts.
Salty ocean waves lash the ship as I drink from my bottle of rum.

Nandathomp
Nandathomp

This is the best coconut scent ever!!!

Starts really fresh, with lemon and coconut. After a couple of hours the lemon disappears leaving creamy coconut scent... Very comfortable, not too sweet. I can't stop sniffing my wrist when i wear it!!

It's a great scent!!

sasadeen
sasadeen

I got a sample of this one, as the price is so high I expect more!

At first I have to admit that I think it is just a "so-so" scent, smells like the virgin coconut oil that I use as my hair mask.

After I try it for 2 times, I fell in love with it! Tropical feeling comes to me everytime I wear this and that put me on a good mood but that's not enought for me to spend money on it as I think I can find somehing smell alike in the cheaper price.

hollycat
hollycat

At first application I can smell the coconut, lime, and rum. Very refreshing for summer. As it drys down the coconut and lime persists along with the musk in the dry down. A soft slightly sweet, musky, tropical scent that only makes sense for me to wear for the summer only. I would love a full bottle if it werent for the high price tag. I feel that the Creed line is way over priced.
Longevity is good, sillage is good, great for summer. Only summer I think.

egege
egege

When I first spray it, that's the tropical heaven. A salty coconut with jasmine. This is how the perfect beach smells like. However at the dry down it's rather citrusy and way too musky for my taste. And the whole thing disappears completely within 3-4 hours. I'd expect much better for such a high price.

So still testing it before I decide to invest..

Trinni
Trinni

I bought this for myself as a birthday present. I've worn this scent a few times and this is my impression.

To me, it did start out citrus-y. More specifically it smelled like lime with a hint of rum, which I don't mind as I love citrus scents. After about an hour or so the scent changed to coconut. Not like a BBW type of coconut but a beachy, island-y type of coconut. Reminds me of home (I'm from Trinidad and Tobago), hanging out at the beach and drinking coconut water directly out of the shells. Enjoying the sunshine and smell of the water.

All in all, I really like this scent. I do think its a bit pricey though.

dianacreole
dianacreole

Being quite a proud perfumista, it doesn't happen often where I find a perfume and think " I'm done. I can finally stop looking." Well, here it is. I am in shock by how much this one captures hot holidays. I hold the tropics so dear that I not only want to enjoy this scent all the time, but would love to be associated and remembered by it at all the times.

This one is fantastic. My favourite. I need no other summmer scent. I am fulfilled :-)

Edit 3 weeks later: still in love and dont want to wear anything else. bought the giant bottle. my new signature fragrance!

Edit 5 months later: still my one and only... my signature fragrance... we're so very happy together!

Creed VIRGIN ISLAND WATER features the tell-tale Creed "water" (perhaps deuterium oxide?) base but then throws enough interesting natural elements in--and at sufficient concentrations--that I find this particular water quite wearable and even appealing as a casual hot weather cologne.

VIRGIN ISLAND WATER is a unique coconut-based fragrance in that it is not gourmand. Somehow the coconut serves to impart a creamy texture without turning the composition into suntan lotion--the usual excess of coconut-rich fragrances, at least in my experience.

Instead, the citrus opening abides, mingling with the coconut from the opening and through to the drydown as the florals enter into the mix. But this is a far cry from the monoi-type fragrance that one might have expected--or feared (given the coconut note)--and so is suitable for both women and men.

Happily, even the rum and the sugar notes are light enough to keep VIRGIN ISLAND WATER from winding up in the land of "bad cocktail" frags. This is an enjoyable, nongourmand yet still tropical scent which I would certainly wear, if some generous and noble soul were to bequeath a bottle to me. (-:

belletresor
belletresor

I wanted to like anything Creed, but am so glad I purchased a small decant to try before spending the huge $$ on this! It just did not excite me. I waited and waited for it to develop into something more noticeable but that never happened. I ended up washing it off and assuming my nose just isn't sophisticated enough to run with the Creed crowd!

I would say that it is "pleasant" and definitely has a nice, fresh, coconutty, tropical feel to it - not on the sweet side, more fresh like if you were breathing in the brisk ocean air and caught a whiff of coconut and citrus. Again, pleasant enough, but doesn't stand out in any way. Not that I want a *loud* fragrance or something that is overwhelming....it's just that it was so completely UNDERwhelming. Maybe my expectations were too high???

Wasn't horrible like the other two Creed scents I tried, but definitely did not knock my socks off....and for the price there is NO WAY I would spend that to be underwhelmed.

Migotka
Migotka

Hoist the colours!

This was one of the most unexpected encounters for my nose with past few months. Used to the dullness of the ordinary, it was surprised by this mixture of past, adventure and voyage.

Virgin Island Water for me is a scent of a times when the profession of pirate was blooming. Smell of exotic cargo loaded onto the ships, aromatic spices and unrefined sugar. Smell of a tavern with the rum generously pouring from the wooden barrels. Smell of the tropics with their fresh air, salty water, hot sand. Smell of a coconum milk dripping from a nut that just fell down.

This fragrance does awaken in my such a longing for travel that I dont think I will be trying it out too often for the time being.

HOTRODS BY JP
HOTRODS BY JP

yes i agree with the person be careful where you buy from ,yes creed can be very exspensive,but if you get it from a,aouthorized seller then you got the real thing so be careful,i purchased this from neimanmarcus,and i so happy i did,i dont usaly like crisp clean fresh kida citrus scent but thi is different ,it comes out kinda crisp fresh, but the drydown is fresh littlesweet that i like lime coconut and other notes makes this fragrance rock,again creed has a hit this makes you smell very fresh and not to sweet just right i started with a,small bottle its almost gone,next will be a big bottle the best fresh,crisp scent that i have purchased,and i will pay the higher price knowing it the real,bottle of creed i give this 5 stars

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

YES!..Finally a Creed perfume i love!...i was getting worried wondering what all the flack was about this perfumery because i didn't get it...but this is brilliant...i mean i can actually smell the ocean salt in this!...very unique for a fragrance but the smell might be very familar to some... kind of what skin smells like after a swim in a beautiful Caribbean Ocean...but no tropical fruits or sickly sweet coconut in this...nooo...just a faint hint of Ocean clean skin with a little lime and warm buttery sun...it even reminds me a little of aftershave used in an 19th century high end barber shop...they use to use a lot of lime in their mens products back then....Thank you Creed....oh and it's unisex..or if it isn't it should be.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Virgin Island water is a lime garden full of the trees with ripe fruits, some of the trees are blossoming.
It opens on my skin with strong fresh natural lime with a little sweetness on background. M-m-m! I adore this perfume.
Very long lasting on clothes with pleasant smell.

Brumen
Brumen

hibiscus? no no no.....tiaré or gardenia tahitiensis the tropical flower mixed in coconut oil to produce monoi oil. And i don't feel rhum and sugar, but citrus notes, lemon peel exactly that reminds italian "limoncello"

it's a great scent and i love it, last hours and hours, for day, for night, 4 seasons....it's a CREED.

KJanicki

It's not subtle. It's not an ethereal dream. This is a fun vacation fling. This is meeting a tanned hottie on a carribean beach. His skin is salty, hebuys you a lime dacquiri, and you dance the night away with him while wearing creamy tropical flowers in your hair.

mirror
mirror

Lovers and haters. That's what I tought when I read the other reviews. Unfortunately when this happenes it is impossible to get your own picture based upon such strongly sided reviews.
Therefor I will try to keep mine as neutral and unisex as possible.

First off it is a caipirinha inspired fragrance. Inspired because when one smells it they will not feel any urge to drink it. It is clearly recogniced as perfume. Whatsoever it might make one or another think of caipirinha.
Although Virgin Island Water is much more than caipirinha let's start from there:
Imagine the taste of caipirinha as a fragrance, add some musk, unsweetened coconut and last but not least bergamot.
This will get you very close to the smell keep in mind that in this case those ingredients together build a new whole. If you don't know the ingredienty you will hardly be able to detect any of them (most possibly only the citrus).
When your brain can't connect the smell to a specific ingretient it will connect it to personal things; experiences, memories, emotions... It will take the closest it can find and for every person this will be a different one.
Now it is no surprise that some will find it masculine, some feminine, some find it sweet although it isn't and some compare it to toilet air freshner while others feel like they are sitting on a tropical beach.
My advice is try before you buy. Especially because it is not exactly cheap.
But I do recommend to try it to find out your individual and personal connection. You might end up loving, finding a new signature fragrance but you might just as well hate the picture your brain draws for you...

shamus1
shamus1

What the hell is this?! A COCONUT fragrance?!! This is just awful. Who would ever spray this on their skin?? It smells it would be more appropriate as a bathroom/toilet spray for when a guest stinks up the place. But why pay $120 for that?! Come to think of it, why not go to your local supermarket, pick up an aerosol can of Glade air freshener and spray that on yourself - it'll smell the same and cost about 1/25 the price.

Unikko
Unikko

This is my new love! Great blend of tart lime and soft coconut and very long lasting too. Not too sweet not too masculine, just a perfect tropical mix that makes you believe you are on a tropical island. And let me add that I'm not usually a fan of coconutty of fruity perfumes. This one is different to your usual sweet-fruitpunch-tropical-island-perfume.I bought the giant 120 ml bottle, and it's well worth of the price.

donny54
donny54

Fragrance as sweet as a candy. The scent last just half an hour. After it seems just like a bath cream.
If you want some fragrance that really make you feel on a tropical beach try REM or... much, much better ETOILE DE REM. Even if I'm a male and Etoile is a fragrance for women I wear it often and many, many males like it and want to know its name. SHHHH... it's a secrete!

drummerboy1986

Ok I love this fragrance, but unlike Issey miyake, I just finished this bottle, and I don't konw if I'm going to get this again....not sure.

drummerboy1986

I love this stuff. I don't normally do this but when I tried this at a perfume shop, I already had on a fragrance and just so happedned it was Tommy Bahama: set sail south seas, and it didn't clash, it went together nicely. This is definitely a good buy. I STRONGLY recomend this.

KJanicki

This is my "pretend I am on a Caribbean beach" fragrance, when I am feeling trapped in Toronto. It smells even better on my husband.

Virgin Island Water by Creed 4.38 out of 5 based on 1033 ratings and 223 user reviews

Sample
Virgin Island Water Cologne by Creed - 4 oz Millesime Spray Unisex
Eau De Parfum 4oz
CREED VIRGIN ISLAND WATER for UNISEX by Creed EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 4 OZ
CREED VIRGIN ISLAND WATER for UNISEX by Creed EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Virgin Island Water fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Virgin Island Water, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Virgin Island Water by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Virgin Island Water by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.