Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Windsor Creed for men
dislike

camphor
Windsor Creed for men Pictures

The CREED royal fragrance house of Paris offers the public for the first time Windsor, created in 1936 for King Edward VIII of England from ingredients grown in the British Empire. Only 320 bottles and 70 flacons will be offered in the U.S., arriving in December at select Saks Fifth Avenue stores, CREED at 794 Madison Avenue in New York and www.creedcollection.com.

Windsor is part of the daring life of Edward VIII. Created for His Majesty in January 1936, Windsor was delivered in December, when the king quit the throne to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson.

WINDSOR’s ingredients are a tour of the British Empire Edward once ruled. Its top note is British gin, with Jamaican lime and a touch of Scottish highland pine. “Duke of Windsor" roses—the fragrant Nuits de Young variety he preferred in his garden—provide the middle note. The base note is Bahamian orange, cedar from Canada plus a dab of Australian eucalyptus. Windsor was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Creed Sixth Generation.

Gin Pine Lime

Rose

Orange Eucalyptus Cedar

Lily Extrait
AB Spirit

Windsor Fragrance Reviews

Kenni
Kenni

It has the typical Creed characteristic, but this one smells sweet like candy. Rose and eucalyptus make it smell like bubblegum or Vicks, but it is just so good, I cant see why someone would dislike this. Some backbone is added with the cedar and gin. Absolutely stunning fragrance !

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Arguably one of Creed's worst fragrances (in competition against Himalaya and Love in White), Windsor (new) is Vick's Vapo-Rub on top, and an unremarkable and marginally unpleasant rosy cedar on the bottom. A hint of butyric fruit ester, probably pineapple, is the only point of interest, but it's too subtle to dwell on. Pointless, surprisingly synthetic, and egregiously overpriced.

Pour Homey
Pour Homey

I wasted money on a sample also! (from The Perfumed Court).
Yeah, this stuff really reeks. Smells like fart.
Maybe the sample was bad...?

Or maybe the TPC sales lady farted when se was making my sample and some of it flew into my vial :() )

Layton S
Layton S

I just spent $14 on a half ml sample of this because everyone was raving on about how amazing it is and at $500. for 75ml I just had to see what it smells like.......IT STINKS!!!! I like many of the creed fragrances but this one was just down right offensive...for me anyway. It's definately ok that they rarely produce this fragrance and I don't see why anyone would want to spend that kind of cash on this fragrance or any fragrance for that matter! Oh well, different strokes for different folks!

PAK
PAK

There are two colognes I have that upon application for a minute or two are simply amazing. One is Fougare Royale by Houbigant and the other Windsor by Creed. Upon application Windsor opens with gin, lime, pine and eucalyptus and seems to be falling over a base of fig leaf. Two minutes later is all fig and strongly resembles Marc Jacobs Men. Don't waste your money, its not a big deal (only the opening is...)

jhitt793
jhitt793

I was somewhat disappointed in this classic Creed fragrance as it came highly recommended by several individuals. The notes seemed quite interesting, and i imagined the scent to be quite refreshing and elegant. Initially created in 1936 for King Edward VIII, "Windsor" utilizes unique ingredients pulled from the empire for which Edward ruled. Of all the beautiful notes said to be included (British gin, Jamaican lime, "Duke of Windsor" roses, etc.), only one stood out. Unfortunately, it stood out for all the wrong reasons. The inclusion of Australian eucalyptus was overtly prominent, with its camphorous note resounding strongly throughout the life of the fragrance. It ended up smelling of nothing more than mothballs for me. (119)

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Sadece pahalı olması sebebiyle küçük bir şişesini kör alış yaparak almıştım. Şimdi ise üretilmiyor. Aşırı değerli hale geldiğinden elimdeki şişeyi kullanmaya kıyamıyorum. Aslında keskin bir kokusu var. Biraz viks kremleri hatırlatıyor olmasına rağmen ben çok sevdim. Hatta aşık oldum diyebilirim. Fakat fark edilirliği başlarda çok yüksek olsa da kalıcılığı çok düşük olduğundan etkisi çabuk geçiyor. Koklayan çoğu kişi aslında "eh işte" şeklinde yorumlar yapıyor. Zaten üretimi olmadığından isteseniz de bir şişe almanız maalesef çok zor ama sevenlerin hayran olacağı ama sevmeyenin de "kötü" diyemese bile hayran olmadığı bir parfüm. Kime öneririm? Hiç kimseye. :) Çok benzer bir kokuyu bilen varsa lütfen bana ulaşsın. Ben çok sevdim.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

eastcoastguy128
eastcoastguy128

The opening is undescribable. It's a unique tone, with a citrusy overlay, that is very pleasing. I can detect some eucalyptus underneath. Different notes jostle for position, with cedar, pine, and and the dark rose playing solo for brief intervals.

About a half hour later, it settles into a beautiful and unique dark rose mixed with a camphorous note as other reviewers pointed out. There truly is nothing like it. For a Creed fragrance, it has very good projection and staying power.

It's truly a shame that it's in such short supply, with occasional unvaulting of 50 ml atomizers. I would love to get my hands on a flacon one day.

Taskphorce

I'm so excited I had to comment again.....I'm blessed to now own two 1.7oz/50ml Creed Atomizers of this juice thanks to the recent limited release of the vaulted fragrances. I have some pretty heavy hitters in my collection and nothing tops this juice. Right off the bat, you are hit with a beautiful crisp citrusy eucalyptus, which has an almost minty feel, that gets your attention. There is an extremely clean camphorous note infused into the juice and I've never smelled anything quite like it before. It stands alone in the industry and is an unrivaled piece of art. I do not detect the rose until the dry down and this rose is a very familiar rose. I am reminded of the very clean and masculine rose in Rose 31 by Le Labo. I am NOT comparing this fragrance to Rose 31 by any means, please don't get me wrong. With this new batch of Windsor, I am impressed with the performance and can add that longevity is average at about 6-8 hours which is more than satisfying. Good projection is an easy 5 hours. I will recommend if you can ever obtain this fragrance, do not let it pass you by. This is a the real definition of a "masterpiece" and I very rarely use that word.

robg303
robg303

I can't possibly add anything more to the already great reviews of this masterpiece.

Yes, it's smells expensive and aristocratic and yes, it is in it's own category.
I feel like I shouldn't touch it with my bare hands, as if I should ask the butler to dab it on me with his white gloves. (I wish)

Indeed, if you are going to attend a formal affaire, wedding, gala, symphony or opera, this is what you must wear!

Taskphorce

I received a sample from the Creed Boutique in NYC from Rodney and I was blown away, its too bad that it isn't available to the general public and you have to take a chance with authenticity on eBay and take a blow to your wallet for a small bottle. I've never smelled anything like this, it is absolutely wonderful. It screams ROYALTY, EXPENSIVE, and CLEAN. This scent doesn't fit into any of the categories such as wood, fruity, creamy, leathery, or citrus but rather it is very unique and very hard to describe. In fact, Rodney the Creed Salesman (Expert) couldn't accurately describe this fragrance and repeatedly referred to it as MAGNIFICENT and unlike anything he has ever experienced. The scent is not loud or overbearing and it isn't light. So unique that I smell the sample daily and wish that I had a flacon or full sized bottle. In fact, I believe that I would pay $1000 for a flacon of Windsor. YES....It is that good.

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

This truly is the best fragrance I have ever smelled before.

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

I have been anxious to try this for 6 months, and ALMOST blind bought a flacon, but luckily had the opportunity to try it first. Honestly, you can look over my reviews!! I rarely give a fragrance a thumbs down, but this would rank a double thumbs down if I could...Lime cream, pine oil, eucalyptus cough drops, and a strange chemical undertone similar to what Creed Original Vetiver has. I know the Creed snobs would give a cup of muddy water a thumbs up if it came from Creed, but I judged it on its own merits, not its House. Top it off that people actually pay $600-$700 for this and it just makes it all the more tragic. If you must join the exclusive "Creed club" for heaven sake...buy Green Irish Tweed, or even Aventus...

williamvargas
williamvargas

one very nice fragrance, got a small sample to try, 5 mil.. was expensive but very very impressed with this scent. it is truly a masterpiece of presentation...would love to have this be my signature, it is that special..wow...

Celsius
Celsius

I remember...the very first time I got a whiff of Creed Windsor was when I bought a 5ml decant off eBay. It relieved me of 50 bucks...and at that time before I pressed the pump to dispense the secret within, the only thought on my mind was: it'd better be worth it.

And it was. From that moment on, the scent ingrained itself into my soul, and I knew that this will be MY signature cologne. A love affair has officially begun.

Using my normal application strength of 3 spritzes from an atomizer, this cologne's green and citrus top hung around for 15 minutes before quickly dissipating. In comes the regal heart note, consisting almost entirely of the Nuits de Young roses. On a normal indoor working day, inclusive of a little jamming about during lunch break and if you do not sweat like a waterfall, the heart note would still be visible 6-7 hours after application. The base note was not really perceptible after complete drydown...only a slight trace of musk and rice lingered.

Throughout my experience with this cologne so far, I never had any complaints. Unless your idea of a normal dose is half a bucket full, there is really no danger of overdosing.

Yup, since I got my first flacon at Nieman Marcus, I wore this scent everyday. And it's interesting to know that people who are interested in your fragrance would stand as close to you as possible, just to get a whiff of it. Not that I like this attention, though...

This cologne screams aristocracy and nobility with all it's might, and no matter where you are, as long as you have this on, you WILL be the different one. This is a scent made for semi-formal and formal occasions, and for the time of the day after the sun has set. Just one spritz of it will transport you back to the Victorian and Tudor era...to the carefully trimmed gardens of the English upper classes...of tea at 4pm...of slow walks in the backyard woods...

Ahem, excuse me for daydreaming. This is, IMHO, a cologne in a class of it's own, unparalleled, unmatched and utterly irresistible. So much that I recently got myself a second flacon.

To me, a good fragrance is worth over twenty of lesser ones, and not getting the one you truly want will create an emotional black hole which you will fill up with a number of lesser acquisitions. In the end, you will realise that the gaping void will never be fulfilled. So, if you have really found a fragrance to truly call your own, get it now.

Life will then become all the more beautiful, my friends.

mylancome

Agree, I had tested various Creed perfume. I must admit their blending skills are good, but most of their perfume doesn't long lasting, even worst than my Guerlain EDT, and such a incredible high price. I rather go for Sisley, this brand, you get what you pay for.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

HUEbris, I believe it says they used the Nuits de Young Rose, which has been around since 1845. They put the Duke of Windor rose in quotations.

mylancome

Duke of Windsor is Queen Elizabeth II's uncle, he's still alive in the 30s. Formerly King Edward VIII.

HUEbris
HUEbris

Creed... just fucking liars, frauds.
WINDSOR includes DUKE OF WINDSOR ROSES, but it's made by Mathias Tantau, in 1969.
But WINDSOR released in 1939.
Maybe Duke of Windsor is future-man or something.
How perfectly ridiculous situation.

Scentrist
Scentrist

This is one of those little pleasures in life that I don't often get a good opportunity to wear, though I should much more.

I really need to qualify this as unique versus a simple woody aromatic. Yes, there's cedar and pine in the mix, but there's also orange, lime, gin and eucalyptus. The heart is this very interesting rose that mingles well with the other notes without seeming to clash or struggle. This is neither loud nor entirely either feminine or masculine. It's a very subtle and distinguished scent that projects very nicely (for a Creed) without being too cloying. Normally, I would review the notes and conclude this to not be something I'd normally select. I tried it and was rather surprised.

It still isn't something for which I'd normally reach, but now that I give it more thought, it's a scent that I've grown to love for it's elegance and sophistication.

First on I get juniper, rum and tonka. This mellows until I get a floral aspect that is distinctly lilies. Not sure how that works, but it's a pepper-edged white floral, just lovely. The juniper comes out again to temper the flowers, but it remains a spicy floral on my skin. In the end, it reminds me of Hawaii; Plumeria and iron-rich red dirt. Amazing scent and one that I really love. Not just for men after all!

Cheeva
Cheeva

This is a wonderful, sophisticated and refined,unobtrusive fragrance. First of all, let me say that I cannot compare this to anything out there, because it is so original, another liquid art masterpiece by creed. To my nose, I got the pine, lime and eucalyptus that Dullah writes about, However I could not find the rose. finally dry down was mostly pine and cedar wood. I would like to thank Luis Cavallo, store director at the Creed-boutique, for my sample.

(from creed website.)

* Top notes: Windsor is a tour of the British Empire Edward once ruled. Its top note is British gin, Jamaican lime and a touch of Scottish highland pine.
* Middle notes: "Duke of Windsor" roses, those he preferred in his own garden, the Nuits de Young variety
* Bottom notes: Bahamian orange, Canadian cedar and a dab of Australian eucalyptus.

guest_guest_Olfac
guest_guest_Olfac

I can't say that this is one of my favorites, but it smells totally unique, different to anything on the market. All the notes smell great...theres bright pine and eucalyptus, a rum like note, and floral heart of rose which is unlike any rose note I have experienced before. Austere is the word that comes to mind when smelling Windsor. Sillage is close to the skin. You may or may not like these combination of notes, but one thing we all can agree on is that Windsor smells unique. And that for me is a success.

guest_Stylin
guest_Stylin

Dullah handles reviewing the notes well. This is a fantastic frag. But it is fairly formal and "dressy."
Very austere and somewhat aloof. I like it for work, but it would great too for a formal night out.

It is very multi-layered and pretty complex. But the fantastic rose does seem to dominate for me.
And it is indeed a very authentic rose note. Nothing synthetic smelling about it. Like leaning over and sniffing a rose bush.

I don't get much leather or ceda yet, but that's not to say they're not there. It will take a few wearings to fully appreciate this one.

DULLAH
DULLAH

A Green Woody Floral of unreal quality. Only a single handful scents of the several thousand I have smelled qualify as legitimate Art. At first sniff, this immediately held rank as my official formal scent for the forseeable future.

Starts off with a mixture of Lime, Pine, and camphoraceous topnotes of both Cedar and Eucalyptus. Gin contains Juniper berry, citrus peel, and Quinine, and those play a light supporting role here. This stage is crisp, uber-clean, almost medicinal in it's Sparkle.

The best Rose note you've ever smelled starts announcing itself behind the green top, and this is my favorite part of the scent that i wish would last forever. At this point, the camphor has evaoprated, leaving just the incredibly fresh leafy smell of the Eucalyptus, and the lower, very dry essence of the pine keeps the scent from being too sweet, here also another intersting canadian herbal/floral shows itself: Solidago Canadensis. I know this scnet well, as it has been one i have tinkered with often in my own scents. At this stage there are also notes I cannot place that smell of many things unexpected: the smell of a new knit-silk sweater, British Kaolin Clay, other very slight floral notes.

As time goes by, the Rose note takes center stage, and it is of unbelievable quality. There is none of the synthetic shrillness of Caraceni or Amouage Lyric man, just natural beauty of the highest order. And along with being an incredibly high quality Rose, the variety is unique, secreting a woody and more masculine resin from it's stem and foliage than other varieties. With still plenty of green leafy notes, herbal notes, and other florals flanking it, this Rose persists as the main star for quite some time. And while it shares a similar quality with the wonderful Damascus Rose in Amouage Homage Attar, I find Windsor's rose superior, and after all, "Moss Rose" Nuits De Young is a genetic adaptation of Damask Rose brought to Europe in the Middle Ages.

Also, there is a very slight tropical note I cannot place, almost papaya like, and this works wonderfully with the green, herbal, and floral notes. The Rose scent stays very prominent above the fray, and for good reason, as one simply cannot get enough of it's uber-pleasant sillage.

After many hours of this incredible Rose scent, an extremely dry Cedar moves in, and shares the stage with the Green leafy notes, herbal notes, Rose and Floral Notes. As time passes, the sweetness of the rose decreases, while it's unique woody resinous notes (unique to "Moss Rose" varities) still are very strong. there is also a subtle leather note, it balances perfectly with the Cedar, and as the scent works the through it's last stages, the balance never loses it's perfection.

Incredible.

Windsor by Creed 4.35 out of 5 based on 83 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Creed Windsor fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Creed Windsor, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Windsor by Creed. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Windsor by Creed represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.