Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Balenciaga L'Eau Rose Cristobal Balenciaga for women

Balenciaga L'Eau Rose Cristobal Balenciaga for women
dislike

Balenciaga L'Eau Rose Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures Balenciaga L'Eau Rose Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures

Fashion house Balenciaga launches the new fragrance L'Eau Rose, which is a continuation of the perfume line that includes Balenciaga from 2010 and L `Essence from 2011. The third fragrance of this collection comes out in March 2013.

The perfume retains the signature cool chypre character and violet domination which are now modified with new, youthful and luminous floral and fruity accords. The fragrance opens and blackberry leading to the heart of violet, rose and patchouli. The base contains cedar, cypress and musk.

Balenciaga L'Eau Rose is available as 50 and 75 ml Eau de Toilette.

Blackberry

Violet Rose Patchouli

Cypress Cedar Musk

Rose Essentielle

Balenciaga L'Eau Rose Fragrance Reviews

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

This fragrance is extremely feminine, light, airy, and romantic. The rose is pronounced, crisp, and delicate. The unfortunate aspect of this fragrance is the lasting power and silage. They are non-existent. It would be nice to find a similar alternative as it is a beautiful, well crafted scent.

insolence
insolence

If you like Blumarine's Innamorata Lovely Rose, but you find it too fruity and not very harmonious, you should give Balenciaga a try...

The words that come to my mind when smelling L'eau Rose - romantic, airy, beautiful, uplifting... This is the nicest chypre-rose scent I've smelled so far. It is sweet but also fresh at the same time. Not as sickly powdery as Chloe EDP and not too linear like Florabotanica. I can't call it woody, though cypress and cedar notes do amazing job - they won't let rose and blackberries turn into syrup.

P.S. Sillage is terrific. I used to spray this only once before visiting swimming pool and I was still able to smell it when I was back home.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Someone from Louisiana who is far from home would appreciate this.

Picture yourself on a warm spring day walking in a rural area unspoiled by man. Along the way, you come across blackberries just ripe for picking. Their scent fills the air. As you move along you're enveloped in greenery that has been freshly watered after an afternoon rain. The smell of wet leaves and bark fill your senses and stays with you.

You then come across a waterway where cypress trees are lining the banks and cypress knees are coming out of the water for the cypress trees to breathe. You get the smell of the water and even the algae that's floating on top along with the scent of the cypress trees.

Moving further along, you come across wild roses with buds freshly opened and petals still wet from the rain. You wonder how they got there, but then why bother finding the answer when what you're experiencing is so beautiful? Sweet violets come into view and their scent mingles with the roses. As you walk along their scents all fade away as you make your way back to the road where your car is parked.

This fragrance was like an olfactory painting of the scene I just described. Never have I experienced something like that before with a perfume. I would love to know who the perfumer is for this because none is listed.

EDIT: Thanks to a kind Fragrantica member, I now know that the names of the perfumers are Olivier Polge and Domitille Bertier. Fragrantica, please list them above so they can be given proper credit for their work.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Cute bottle with interesting notes. Think it will be a perfect spring perfume. Will buy it for sure.

joan100
joan100

Just another typical rose, powdery, woody smell with fruity undertones. I am not saying that it it doesnt smell good but its a very popular combination any perfume lovers (like me) would have smelled many times when looking for unique perfumes. I love the quality of the bottle!

Very delicate, powdery rose scent, with violet background. Unfortunately, too sour on my skin (middle notes). However, I like its subtle, elegant base notes. Good choice for hot season.

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

It's a very pretty scent and well-described by fellow frangranticans. I would add that in addition to weak sillage when it dries down on me it strongly echoes the original Balenciaga, especially the powdery and violet notes.

janella13
janella13

I love roses and from the description and reviews, thought this would be a great match. Got a sample at Norstroms.

I sprayed. I smelled. Nothing. I know my skin is dry, put unscented lotion down before using the perfume. Nothing. Sprayed my clothes. Nothing.

Sad, really wanted it to work.

EDIT: will try again in the spring. Cold weather might just be killing this perfume on me.

SECOND EDIT! This scent needs spring, sun and warmth. Lasted most of the day. Good layering scent, too. Now I like it and glad I have it.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

This scent is very fresh and clean; a sweet, slightly powdery (violets) floral. I love the cypress note. I don't get much of a definite "berry" scent, but I do get the tart quality you would expect from a wild blackberry. This is a spring/summer day scent, a fresh-out-of-the-shower romantic one. It has a sort of preppy feel to it. This is a very young fragrance. Moderate sillage. At this price, it probably isn't FB-worthy for me but I am going to enjoy this sample immensely. Thanks, cake n' cuddles :)

aqua76239
aqua76239

After years of wearing gormands and vanilla ladden scents, I am venturing into florals.
I had high hopes for this scent but alas, this was a dissapointment for me. I do smell fruit notes at first and then very faint rose and violet thats rather green. When I sprayed it on the card, it seemed very light so I tried it on my skin. This doesn't have much projection or siliage and turns into skin scent almost immediately.
I see this as a scent for someone who doesn't like heavy fragrances and just wants a hint of scent on their skin, light and unoffensive.
Definately not what I want in a fragrance. So this is a pass for me

I am enjoying it so much more this time, lovely, rich sweet rose, on warmer notes, a great combination.first time around I didnt appreciate the complexity of this scent, and dismissed it as a rose scent.Well it is so much more, it is a modern feminine rose scent, more interesting to my nose than the Bvlgari Rose Essentielle , which is more a dewy fresh rose scent. Balenciaga offers a richer take on rose, more rounded. More exciting too than just a rose scent.

cobralily
cobralily

For me this one is pretty, but slightly blasé unfortunately. The first time I tried it, I did get some lovely rose notes and the woody dry-down was my favorite. Upon subsequent applications, I feel like most of the notes are over-shadowed by berry. I don't get much rose or wood, which is disappointing because those were what drew me to this one.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

I bought this scent blindly based on an article in Allure magazine that described it as smelling like a French boudoir above a Burlesque hall in Paris! Plus, it combines two of my favorite scents, roses and violets, so how could I resist?!

I would say that Allure got it right! It is absolutely like a boudoir above a burlesque hall. It smells fresh yet nostalgic; classic but edgy, extremely feminine, but also womanly, a gorgeous refined floral but also a little wild. I am a huge fan of old school burlesque, and dance in general. This reminds me of something Rita Hayworth in Gilda would wear.

I would also venture to say that it would be the perfect scent to wear on one's wedding day. I personally have always wanted a burlesque themed wedding with the 1930s or 40s decor. I could imagine wearing this with a fitted ivory silk gown that the 1930s screen sirens wore - the kind that drapes so beautifully on the silhouette, and a white feather fascinator with a birdcage veil and maybe some skyhigh Louboutins. It just has that retro vibe, but with a fresh modern twist.

This one is a classic! I love love love love it. I wish it lasted a little longer, so I layered it with Paris lotion and it still only lasted a few hours before I had to reapply. This is a summer limited edition scent, so I know it was meant to be light. It could also be that we're having a massive heat wave here in L.A. and NOTHING can stick in this oppressive dry weather. It doesn't matter, I would gladly reapply day and night if that's what it takes. It's just that beautiful!!

Turtledove
Turtledove

As other reviewers have said, this is a LOT like Parisienne with its sweet berry-rose-violet combo. However Balenciaga lacks the cosmetics/powdery scent, and balances the sweet rose with a twist of snappy freshness that Parisienne doesn't have, using sharper evergreen/herbal notes and a sharpish modern patchouli. That side of it actually reminds me a lot of L'eau de Chloe, it has that same feeling of being brisk, refreshing and summery, like a lemonade or iced tea, and at the same time refined and fashionable rather than a casual, t-shirt-and-jeans kind of fragrance. Unfortunately, I'm a casual t-shirt-and-jeans kind of person, so L'eau Rose isn't my cup of tea, but I can definitely appreciate this one, it would be gorgeous on someone else.

mhtpaints
mhtpaints

I make atomizers for people to raise money for autism...mars18golfer@gmail.com--this is #3 on the list of favorites...it's called L'eau Rose...I am NOT a rose fan...this is a smooth deep and sophisticated easy going floral, that can be worn by day or night.
I thought I liked Paris, but I don't...this is good...plain and simple.
It's an exclusive scent to Nordstrom, and well worth the purchase.

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

This is the sex bomb of the Balenciaga fragrances! It starts out light and flirty with an emphasis on fresh picked blackberry and a hint of violet. The rose portion is mellow and pretty, and fades to just an elegant background wiff. This drys down to a classy, but creamy, musk that quietly whispers "sexy lady" for those close enough to breathe it in. The hubby approves, and it is a very elegant work appropriate scent. Love, love, love, it!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Soft, pleasant rose with violet and berries topnotes, not too sweet initially, very soft. The scent becomes fuller and more developed, as it should, during the drydown. The musk and woods come out during the drydown and are a nice counterpoint to the fruit in the topnotes.

This is a lovely light summer variation if you like a slightly sweet rose scent. Wearing it in both spring and fall, I find I am liking it better in the fall.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

To me, L'Eau Rose is very reminiscent of YSL's Parisienne in its opening stages. It's fresher and less heavy, but unmistakably part of that same family; If Parisienne is a socialite in her mid-twenties, perhaps L'Eau Rose is her older, quieter sister: a woman in white, reading in the garden on a spring afternoon. Like Parisienne (though it may be unintended here), L'Eau Rose carries a soft vinyl accord that conjures images of a woman's make-up bag. It smells very much like roses, soft berries, iris, and cosmetics to me. This rose is slightly fresher and wetter than the rose in Parisienne, however, and there is a slight pungency present here, a green-ness that Parisienne does not feature. So, while the two seem to be quite closely related, they are nonetheless two very distinct fragrances. As L'Eau develops into its later stages, sharp green crispness emerges and develops a slight pungency (cypress?), adding a slight sourness to the mix that keeps it fresh. Being a fan of Parisienne, I very much appreciate Balenciaga's L'Eau Rose for its similarities in the opening stages. The end of the show, however, is equally beautiful; a spring or cool summer's day in a rose garden, perfected.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I tried it today at Nordstrom, very nice, floral,rosy, ligth, pricy but pretty!

alexie4819
alexie4819

The lady at Nordstrom had me smell this perfume. The scent I pick up on most is violet. I tried the sample out for a few days and just knew I had to own this lovely scent. It is light and lasting on my skin. I could see myself wearing this often this spring and summer. I ordered the 2.5 oz bottle just yesterday:)

Bojolo
Bojolo

Tried this today. I wasn't keen during the first 20 minutes but when it settled I really liked it. For me it had great sillage. I could smell it in the car as I was driving home. Its still there on the back of my hand after 6 hours and I've washed my hands a couple of times since I applied it. I would use this as an evening frangrance. Very elegant bottle too.

suile
suile

Tried this today. Reminded me of a weaker, slightly dustier version of YSL's Paris. Distinctive notes of rose and violet, but found it slightly cloying. It would have to have some fresher notes before I would consider buying it.

lolagizmo5
lolagizmo5

I have been waiting for this little pink bottle to be delivered for weeks, I love Balenciaga l'essence and don't mind the original Paris, but this little pink bottle is very weak even for a l'eau. Cannot smell the berries at all, just a very weak rose/musky note ... Oh well not the signature fragrance I was expecting. (It is loevley if you really put your nose to your wrist)

This smells very nice, although it isn't full of personality like the original, it is a soft scent, berry notes mixing in nicely with musk, a touch of violets, and a subtle woodsy note, I I can see myself wearing it, as it has a touch of elegance. Nonetheless a perfect example of all the rose/musk combination scents coming out, nice but a bit bland.
I fail to see the similarity with Kelly Caleche which is a full blown leather scent, strong and longlasting.
Well done, pretty, it will please a lot of people.

Maggistream
Maggistream

I love its papered rose petals' smell what I recognize as the scent of the letter already sprayed with rose water. Flowers plays the second role here, the spicy background provokes to think. It reminds me Kelly Caleche by Hermes. There was the leather,, here it is the paper. Elegant, provocative in a very sophisticated way, a little bit capricious, ideal for a high society, young fashionist. It is also creamy. It feels like spread rosy body butter. Fantastic to start spring and bloom with the buds! I recommend it to sensitive but diabolic women. It lasts for about 6 hours on my skin and in my hair. ;))

Susan_b
Susan_b

When I was inquiring about when the new Prada Infusion was coming thru my peripheral vision I saw a bottle that was familiar but liquid that wasn't. I was intrigued. Once I smelled the fragrance I felt good. That's all that really mattered. I could smell roses and berries, it was sexy without the trendy tacky smell. I

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Beautiful && Bright! Just tested this out @ Nordies yesterday, && its a beaut! Balenciaga has a way with florals, this agreed has the likeness of the original with the powdery-ness but with a sweeter personality with the help of the blackberry.

It's a very pretty scent well worth a try! Perfect new choice for the break of spring well through the fall, It has the class && sophistication for a blasé event, but just a suitable to wear every day in an office or grabbing a bit of lunch. The longevity slightly above moderate && the sillage I'm sure you will be able to recognize it.

I only wish Balenciaga would release something out of their comfort zone of Florals, I know they have other older scents under these categories but I'm interested to see what they'd give with maybe a nice NEW Gourmand, or a Citrus, or Oriental...idk something different! We had Florabotanica - heavy on the rose && now we have another rose...L'eau Rose, 2 rose scents back to back?? Idk..just a thought out loud. Still a rather lovely scent that's very Baleniciaga! :)

Overal: 8/10

hunterblu
hunterblu

Lovely! Does really smell just like original Balenciaga with rose added. Soft, sweet (but not sugary) and powdery on a lovely patchouli and cedar base. The blackberry is there but doesn't make it to fruity. Perfect for spring. Silage is moderate as is the lasting power.

arinaf
arinaf

Just tested it in the store... Very summery, light and didn't stay long on my skin.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

This starts with a gentle rose and blackberry scent. And I can definitely detect violet. Patchouli and cedar in the background give an edge to this very innocent fragrance. Very pleasant, feminine and modern. Too bad the sillage is quite weak... Or is it my nose... ?
Edit: Retesting it now in April 2013. Still very beautiful, but almost undetectable, unless I put my nose next to my wrist. Too bad...
Drydown: pure cypress and cedar... 2 hrs later.

Egyptian Goddess
Egyptian Goddess

this sounds like it might smell like Bvlgari rose essentielle..I hope not!

Balenciaga L'Eau Rose by Cristobal Balenciaga 3.73 out of 5 based on 144 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cristobal Balenciaga Balenciaga L'Eau Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cristobal Balenciaga Balenciaga L'Eau Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Balenciaga L'Eau Rose by Cristobal Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Balenciaga L'Eau Rose by Cristobal Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.