Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Florabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women

Florabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women
dislike

Florabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures Florabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures Florabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures Florabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures Florabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures

A very interesting edition announced for September 2012 and aimed at younger audience arrives from the Balenciaga Company. Balenciaga, in collaboration with Coty, Prestige and IFF created the new fragrance FLORABOTANICA which attracts attention with its modern, attractive flacon and unusual ingredients.

The composition was developed by perfumers of the house of IFF, Olivier Polge and Jean-Christophe Herault, who composed it of such accords as mint, carnation, hybrid rose, caladium leaves, amber and vetiver. It was envisaged that the composition would offer floral character, which is also very seductive and its flowers will not be just beautiful, but also very dangerous.

The advertising campaign is decorated with three metal sculptures resembling the Ghesquière floral print created a few years ago. Photos for the campaign were taken by Steven Meisel, and the advertising face is young actress Kristen Stewart. She is wearing a dress from the floral collection and holding her hands in her pockets.

Florabotanica will be available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP accompanied by perfumed body care products—body lotion and shower gel.

Mint

Rose Carnation cannabis

Vetiver Amber

Florabotanica Fragrance Reviews

Centsless
Centsless

The opening to Florabotanica is my favorite part: A big blast of luxurious aromatic goodness. This is about as realistic as you can get of smelling a fresh cut bouquet of roses and carnations with some sprigs of minty greenery. The rose here is watery and clean and not at all in your face. Sidenote: Look at all the reviews, they are all on the long side, because this is a unique scent and it's hard to describe, haha!

Although it does remind me somewhat, I like this better than Chloe, because Florabotanica is far more interesting and not as cloying. There is the initial green crispness, but as it dries down it mellows out, but for me never goes to powdery territory, luckily. This would be a lovely perfume for the beginning of spring when everything is green and new.

ffgg
ffgg

I wanted to like this, but it makes me smell like a bad outdoor concert. Cannabis smoke and cheap flowers :(

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Bon, mais pas extraordinaire.
Un peu trop synthétique à mon goût.

LuxeLove
LuxeLove

I have a deluxe sample of this so I have tried it repeatedly, each time hoping to find something striking about it. Initially I adore it. It presents as a woodsy floral with a little sparkle of mint. It's delightful and unique, although I would not call it "dangerous" as mentioned in the ad copy. It still feels inherently wearable. Nor does it hurt that the bottle (even the sampler) is gorgeous.

This scent lasts for the first 30 minutes and suddenly it turns into a powdery floral. All I can smell is powder and rose until the powder begins to dominate. The initial charm of a green, woodsy, rose scent turns into a benign powdery floral. Longevity is fine but I find myself wanting to rub it off before it leaves on its own.

Perhaps it's that my sample is a dabber so I don't get the effect of a spray. Perhaps my skin just wants to warp this fragrance into someone I might be in 20 years. Or perhaps this scent is just not for me. Were it to stay as it initially presents for longer then I might appreciate it but it just doesn't suit me at all. Still a fragrance that is worth trying.

blue_belle
blue_belle

I've finally found a perfume that works on both my mother and me! She runs warm and prefers florals and I run cold and prefer orientals, gourmands, and fresh scents. Apparently, when we meet in the middle we get this perfume.

On Mom (warm skin): the green notes burn off fast and she's left with a sweet, bright rose scent blended with carnation. She usually burns through perfume pretty fast but it has lasted her nine hours and it's only now drying down to a pleasant, soapy smell. There are no powdery flowers here, and in fact when I first smelled it on her I thought there was a honey note involved somewhere.

On me (cool skin): the green notes last a long time, and when the rose finally begins to emerge it's softer and greener. This is a gentle rose with a touch of powder to it and a lot of carnation in the background. Despite turning to a floral scent it retains the "green" feeling. I have been wanting something with rose in it, and this feels like rose but in a way that is undoubtedly "me." I think it would be beautiful in the spring.

I think we may split a bottle! It seems like two different perfumes on the two of us (and thanks to a discussion on the forums I now know why).

mooglebuns
mooglebuns

Green vines, roses, and a light soapy clean smell.

I really love this perfume and I'm not really one for "fresh" scents as they always seem to go astringent on my skin.

This is very bright without being sharp. The green plant smell is pretty realistic to my nose. Like I plucked down leaves and vines from a tree and snatched up some fresh roses and rolled them between my palms.

I had a little sample sprayer, aside from my full bottle and used the small sample on my bed sheets one night. It made me feel as if I was climbing into the most luxurious bed I've ever experienced.

This is great for hot summer days when my other heavier perfumes would just feel as if they're slowly and gently choking me out.

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

I find Florabotanica easier to wear than its sister rosabotantica. Where rosa smacks you in the face with sharp green notes flora's green notes are tamed down by the florals. I have both and I find myself reaching for flora over rosa. It's "prettier" and more elegant. Both are very unique scents that are either loved or hated. Neither are what I would consider a safe blind buy. Sample first!

Lavenchy
Lavenchy

It's beautiful, a rose very exotic and fresh, this one is a head turner in public at the same time makes you feel very dangerous and rare as what it says. The first spray was happiness, it was like the smell of flowers just blasting off from your wrist, then as it settles, a garden reveals itself. This is really one of my favourites.

Soie

An aromatic fragrance featuring notes of spicy carnation, rose and mint. Slightly powdery; mildly herbal. Subtle warmth from amber & vetiver in its base.

Great sillage and longevity, even with the non-spray flacon (I have two of the dab-on minis).

I suspect too that there are some hesperidic opening notes (possibly bergamot and/or mandarin) which are going unlisted for whatever reason.

arenee92
arenee92

I am someone who prefers a fruity floral, a sweet floral, gourmands, and the like. I'm not quite sure what drew me to Florabotanica, but I had to smell it. I was extremely surprised that I actually liked it! Even more surprised that I liked it enough to put some on! Liked it enough to ask for a sample to take home. It's been a few hours and I keep smelling my arm. It's a sweet rose, not overpowering or in your face, there's a soft powderyness and an elegance to this perfume. I don't really have the words to desribe this scent. It's beautiful, different, slightly "earthy" but not "dirty". This isn't something I see myself wearing every single day religiously, but Florabotanica has won me over enough to want to purchase a small bottle :]

PerfectFloral
PerfectFloral

One of my favorite scents - I am upon my 3rd bottle of this. A noble modern floral, not entirely natural but such a chic blend of rose, iris, carnation and green tea. I think the advertisers are overstressing the "dangerous" side of it - it is totally benign, beautiful and positively glamorous. This perfume lasts for hours and opens up gradually so I can smell more of different flowers at different times. The bottle is an eyesore though, but so what!

carissaaurora
carissaaurora

Just bought a roller ball of this at Sephora, so glad that I did! I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't like traditional floral scents. The opening gives you a mint blast, which pretty quickly starts mixing with a sharp note. I think that's the cannabis. I've never smelled live cannabis, but I would say that's probably what it is. After the sharp note goes away, you have a really nice floral, anchored by the amber. It's nice to have an alternative to all the fruity florals for the spring/summer. Oh Lola is my go to for the fruity floral, but this is for when I need something a little more mature. With the roller ball, I get about 4 good hours of wear out of it, with a soft sillage.

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

I wish I liked Florabotanica more. It's not a bad perfume, but it does give me an "air freshener" vibe to it, unfortunately.

The dominant notes are rose, mint, and amber. These three together smell really lovely; the mint adds a fresh burst (an almost wet and dewey quality) to the rose, and the amber gives it a powdery softness. The carnation is present as well, which adds to the "green" and fresh floral quality to the perfume. Unfortunately, the rest of the notes (the cannabis and the vetiver) come in as the drydown happens, which makes the perfume smell more synthetic to my nose. The cannabis and the vetiver kind of add a flatness to the perfume, in my opinion.

The perfume smells a lot like an artifical flower cleanser spray that my mom used to use in the house. The spray was meant to settle into the fabric of the fake flowers, helping to remove dust while adding a floral fragrance. I always enjoyed the smell of it on the fake flowers, but I don't know if I like it on me, exactly.

Like I said, I wish I liked this fragrance a lot more, especially since the bottle is fantastic, but I find the scent to be underwhelming.

beatrix75
beatrix75

different from the others I've been using fresh exotic perfume is very durable. I did like the rose amber and mint combined with the smell of my skin definitely like it better than chloe !!!!!

@jenniferlincoln
@jenniferlincoln

This fragrance is for a person who LOVES modern florals. It is a crisp, fresh smell but there are elements that make this unique and a bit edgy. It is for the woman who appreciates florals but does not want to smell like everyone else. I adore this fragrance for making me feel so fresh without smelling like citrus or a bar of soap! The scent lingers for a long time too.

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

pink roses and old books.

not at all what i was expecting, but i like it!

cmlee22
cmlee22

i'm not very good at describing scents but it smelled like weird flowers. i asked my bf for his opinion because i was trying sooooo hard to like it and he said i smells like an old set of encyclopedia brittanica books! hahah... anyway, i really wanted to like this fragrance however, it just did not catch my nose.
the dry down (?) smells better than the initial dab (thank goodness i only got a mini) but this perfume isn't for me. :( think i'll give it away to my coworker who loves it.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I really love it. You might feel it at the beginning a little bit too strong. It smells like a tough girl on the opening notes. But after a while, you will feel like you are in a garden of Eden. It's a floral scent that inspires confidence. And it lasts for a few hours! I advise you to not use too much. Spritz just a little, it will be enough. My friends say they can feel it even whey they are about 5 feet away. Moreover, all of them said it smells really good. I feel nice and confident because this one is considered attractive by those around me.

firenginered
firenginered

I love this perfume so much! I bought it two weeks ago and decided to wait and see if I still like it after several wears. The answer is a resounding "Yes!". It is such a clean, feminine scent! On me, it is rosey mixed with mint and crushed fragrant green leaves. I have the rollerball version, and was worried that it might not have much sillage, but it does. Feminine and ageless. Perfect.

babykays
babykays

loving it. it is very different than my other collections. for me, the key to wear this perfume is spray it only two.. or three times, less is more. my nose can't handle more than that.

it's absolutely fresh rose and clean green, with warm and aromatic dry down.. lovely scent!

the bottle (and the whole packaging) for me has a really cool design and pattern.

4.3/5

longevity: sprayed this at 4 in the morning (yes suddenly i wanted to wear florabotanica). it is now 1 PM and it doesn't seem to wear off anytime soon.

Lovemysmell
Lovemysmell

I absolutely love this perfume! I purchased the roller ball and I can't get enough of it. I'm excited to start my days knowing that I'll be able to put on my Florabotanica and feel absolutely feminine and graceful.

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

I only smell grass :(

JaiTee
JaiTee

Florabotanica is strongly floral on me,though there are moments when some green notes burst out like bubbles.

I kept thinking this scent was really familiar. Florabotanica reminds me of deodorant (Dove Cucumber deodorant).

Edit: the drydown smells very familiar as well. It's similar to Yves Rocher's Comme une evidence and NR for her in that it's a musky, vaguely floral scent.

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

Rose! I tried this at the store the other day... Sunday to be precise. We are Tuesday and the few droplets touching my coat sleeve still smell a lot.
The bottle is quite funky and attractive. The smell is not what I expected sadly. The only thing I could smell was Rose... A big giant rose... Like a bathed in concentrated rosewater. It's nice and all, but not for me. I could not detect any other note. After a few hours I wanted to rose to stop following me. Sadly it lasted all day and night. Don't get me wrong, it's smells good... On someone else! On the rose side, I do own "Moments de bonheur" by Yves Rocher and even though the rose is very obvious, it's more blended on me.... And a fraction of the price. :)

lename
lename

I LOVE this!! Spring has just arrived where I live, so I spritzed some on this morning and boy do I feel blissful :D I feel as if I’ve been rolling in a floral herbal…botanical garden! The name says it all! So very minty, flowery and just refreshing...the smell of spring.
Unique and edgy…this is certainly not for everyone. It’s almost un-perfume-like. You don’t smell of perfume, you smell of…well,...gardens. Minty botanical floral gorgeous gardens.

Exuberant, natural and intensely fresh. Perfect for casual sunny days out, or just chilling in the garden. A very outdoorsy fragrance.

**oh please ignore the other review, I hadn't logged in -_-

pikachunicorn
pikachunicorn

Really wasn't a fan of this one. It's quite pungent, and very masculine. One spray at my boyfriend coughing.

Marie76

Agree entirely with the last reviewer about different bottles smelling different. I'm on my third bottle. First one was very green, with a not very noticeable rose, great staying power. Second one was much more do a dusty rose in the dry down. Third one somewhere in between but absolutely not a trace of the minty note, and less sillage than previous bottles. grrrrrrr

rockegg
rockegg

The variety of reviews show how different we are in how we experience scent and how it lives on our bodies. This really grew on me and I now wear it almost constantly which is unusual for me. "My" Florabotanica is predominantly rose in a fresh, modern way that is nothing like Grandma's bathroom air freshener. It lasts a really long time and I don't get tired of it. I can't imagine this sickening anybody nearby. I smell clean and pretty.

Addendum: I've gone back to edit this review because I'd like to add that I think Balenciaga has a quality-control problem. I've had experience now with three different bottles of the EDP. The large one, that I love, smells mostly of roses. The small travel bottle that was packaged with my large bottle is a very different scent. It's boring and cheap smelling. These came packaged with body lotion. I bought them at Nordstrom. The first time I tried Florabotanica it was another scent entirely. In that bottle it was the mint that predominated. At this point I think our reviews are differing so much from one another primarily because we're not actually smelling the same thing.

krlamev
krlamev

On me, I deff can feel the rose and carnation scent, maybe a little sharp at the begining, then on the dry down you feel it more subtle. Let's say it start like a sharpy corners square and then turns into some curvy corner square O_o...

If there's any mint, well I cannot identify it, yes it's green and fresh but specifically mint I can't spot it.

It's a very interesting smell but nothing glamorous, it's distinctive but not a master piece.

I would use it for day-time mostly even tho I can without thinking it twice use it at night.

Bottle... very interesting! I love it!

Amethyststar
Amethyststar

Rose--really? WHERE? Green, leafy, like being in a park after they cut the grass--but that's it. Flat and boring on me.

craftyminx
craftyminx

With my chemistry, all I get is a dirty cannabis smell. Not pleasant at all. The rose and mint just fade into the background for me.

Civetted
Civetted

Hideous sharp green and synthetic floral. Literally a scrubber, but scrubbing isn't enough. It lasts like the undead. Who made this and thought it smelled good???

Jtay
Jtay

I'm a bit confused about the base notes in this. To my nose, it doesn't seem to have much rose or mint (in contrast to Rosabotanica, where both notes are quite noticeable).

In any case, Florabotanica is very interesting (in a good way) -- it evokes moderness, power, and indeed a little danger. It is unabashedly floral but not in the traditional uber-feminine sense, which makes it quite intriguing and unique imo.

Due to its intense floral nature (no one flower in particular, to my nose) this seems best suited to evening; no particular season. It doesn't seem to be something one would wear casually during the day (although I like it enough that I might try that). A little goes a long way.

This seems like it would be a great perfume for a confident, sexy tomboy (Kristin Stewart was indeed an excellent choice for the face of this perfume).

I think the right guy could definitely pull this off too.

I may review Rosabotanica as well, but in case I don't -- Rosabotanica like Florabotanica is also a noticeably unique scent, however it is much more feminine and minus the "danger" element. My first impression is that Florabotanica is the masterpiece, and Rosabotanica is the slap-dash (or postmodern) sidekick (a bit jarring in its imo unexpected pairing of an obvious rose scent with a strong spearmint basenote). However it's certainly interesting and worth a sniff. I'm intrigued enough by Rosabotanica that I will be sampling it again for the next few days to see if my initial reaction changes.

xionoula
xionoula

A walk in forest...refreshing!

MsDana
MsDana

The rose note in this one is stunning, very beautiful. It is a bit similar to Chloe, but more green and fresh. I love it.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Intense, bold, confident, modern, well-travelled, eclectic. I imagine an art school girl with a worldly flair wearing this. I would recommend this to any girl that insists she is different, perhaps even with a chip on her shoulder. There aren't enough fragrances for girls like that.

Soie

Luminous floralcy with herbal nuances.

I don't typically like mint in fragrances due to its association with toothpaste, mouthwash and chewing gum. In Florabotanica, however, its scent is soft, a bit powdery, and reminds me of the smell and flavor of pillowy, buttermint candies. Not particularly sweet like some might find the candies to be, but soft and gentle rather than biting.

The blending of rose and spicy carnation is beautifully vivid, a bit fruity even, and lends an air of clean, soft, soapy / powdery freshness as well.

Vetiver and amber add depth & richness to the fragrance.

I did not think I would like this one but I do like it quite well.

kateapple
kateapple

I'm sadly quite unimpressed with this fragrance. Given the amazing bottle, I was expecting something a little more vibrant and young, but all I get is a linear bouquet of roses with a touch of mint after a couple hours. It's not an offensive smell by any means and it's definitely safe, but I just can't get into it. It's just like sticking your nose into a rose at the florist. Not worth the price tag.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I just got this as a gift from a friend of mine and I really like it. It has a floral that is stronger than what I'm used to, but I enjoy it. I am glad that I cannot smell the mint in this because I am not a fan of mint. Overall, I think this smells like a stronger version of Oh Lola. This scent is only for the daring so don't buy it thinking it will not blow you away. Because it will!

happygeisha
happygeisha

this is a pretty straight forward watery rose and mint duet. i'm actually quite fond of it and like its simplicity. the bottle is a work of art and is probably what you'll really be paying for. i favor this over the "rosabotanica" which dries down to a watery aquatic hyacinth which smells quite awful on me. florabotanica is a fresh pop of rose and mint... energetic and youthful. lovely for spring.

Eirlys
Eirlys

I think this fragrance would not be a safe blind-buy just because of how different it smells. It's not the usual bubbly, floral, fruity type of perfume. This one needs to be tried on skin first. When I first saw it in sephora, I sniffed the bottle a little and was immediately repulsed. I was thinking, "How is that 'flora'?" But when I tried it on my skin, well, bless my body chemistry, Florabotanica turns into an edgy, dangerous, but very sophisticated and floral perfume. I don't like the first 5 minutes because the mint is kinda strong then, but after that, this perfume is just heavenly. It's different, good different.

The longevity is amazing as well, maybe 6-7 hours on me? To me that's a long time because I usually don't go the whole day without applying more perfume. The longer Florabotanica is on my skin, the better it gets.

The design of the bottle is awesome too. Although I don't really like Kristen Stewart at all, I love this perfume. It's kinda expensive, so I only get the rollerball because I'm only gonna apply this on my skin anyway. No idea if it smells the same if sprayed on hair though.

Awesome scent, awesome bottle, awesome longevity. Can't ask for more.

hannah.reed.9085
hannah.reed.9085

I don't get the mint part? I don't smell mint. Just a rosey but fresh lovely scent!

Jenny-Rebecca
Jenny-Rebecca

I am not sure why but I can't smell any mint in this...I was exploring it yesterday at Sephora and only smell a floral composition...why is that?

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

This one is exactly as I imagined, a rose with a soft touch of mint, its really nice and feminine.. Just one catch, its not really affordable. :( and as I am a rose scent lover, this one is a winner for me. A classic scent you can wear to special occasions or just to make you smile. Very ladylike..

icecube
icecube

Begins with a toothpaste splash right in my face ! But the strong mintsmell softens down in one hour and the greennotes comes to the surface. It is a clean, fresh herbnote that is getting better as long as time goes by and after drydown it is wonderfully soft with a little hint of sweetness.
This perfum is growing on me and I think it will pass as one of my favorite green perfumes.
(The rose I can hardly notice but might be the cold weather as this seem to have a big inpact on what notes that stands out).
It is clearly a qualityperfume and the longevity is very good.

papergurl
papergurl

There is something about this scent, with the rose, carnation and "wet green", that brings Laura Ashley No1 to mind. It doesn't smell like it, but there is that English Garden feeling, only with mint giving a more "clean after rain" intonation. I love Florabotanica the way I adore Ralph Lauren Turquiose, for the clarity of scent, if that makes sense. At no point is it powdery or overwhelming the way Chloe and Jo Malone Red Roses are on me, respectively. They are good rose scents, they just don't work with my chemistry. Florabotanica smells quality, it lasts, garners compliments from coworkers, male and female. The visual for me of this fragrance is Redoute rose illustrations with lush petals counterpointed with long green stems and thorns. I love it, it is now in my top 5. I also thing their marketing group missed their mark, just marketing to Kristin Stewart's generation, I wear what I like.

fenia
fenia

i didn;t think i would ever like a green floral since i am more into oriental and (preferably) sweet perfumes. but perusing in sephora today i thought i'd give it a try... it was amazing!warm, sensual, rosy, floral and fresh!it manages to have a clean quality but that doesn't deter it from being a real perfume! also the sillage was quite good and i can still smell it 6 hours later.on my want list!

kimee
kimee

Sometimes I love this and sometimes I just like it. I mostly get an icy rose scent from this. Like roses in the garden of a snowy castle in winter. It paints a beautiful picture in my mind. It starts off with a lot of rose then turns quite green on my skin, reminding me of Marc Jacobs Daisy. It feels cold and refreshing probably from the mint. But then there are other unfortunate times where it reminds me of air freshener. It's still a very pretty scent either way and that bottle is so unique!

Erin perfume addict
Erin perfume addict

I am determined to love this perfume! I'm well stocked up for winter fragrances but have almost nothing I like for summer. I've only ever smelled this on paper. Maybe today I'll try it on.

Germany
Germany

Fresh realistic rose , slightly minty, like walking in the woods after a rainfall. I quite like this perfume ,

A GREEN FRESH ROSE SCENT well done and unique.

I like the bottle as well. Looking forward to testing the new version , the notes of the new version are even more appealing than these. In general,I enjoy Balenciaga perfumes .

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Recognisable, sweet, friendly, polished. I always see a young, fresh, corporate girl in New York choosing this as her perfume of choice. It's elegant in its own way, but still fun and en trend.

SayakaP
SayakaP

I really enjoy wearing this.

Top is grassy & sharp. Yes, it is Cannabis-y, but I guess it's just for a giggle... it disappears quickly. Mint stays longer.

Once it settles on my skin, it opens up as beautiful Rose.
It's not a big dense rose.
It's not a friendly fruity bright rose either.
It's green. Stem with thorn and all.

Then Carnation joins in... I love this combination in this fragrance so much!
The bouquet is light in weight, but somewhat shadowy. I can see the intention --- 'dangerous'.

Drydown is lovely & lasts forever on skin. I don't notice Amber at all.
This is nuanced Green Floral all the way.
(if you are after Rose Amber frag, Stella is nice!)

I think this is a little work of art.
Like an impressive short film done by slightly Emo but talented young people.

*Can't get all on a piece of paper. Do try on your skin.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Mint, Mint & Mint ..

fresh, clean toothpaste scent (sorry).. perfect for those who are searching for a different fresh scent & those who hates vanilla or sweet scents in general.

The bottle is so amazing but the scent is just (not my cup of tea)

Oh I love Kristen can't imagine she would smell like that !

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I'm smelling this on a card. Initially I got a flush of fresh flowers, like a mixed bouquet, but it has settled into a really intriguing carnation with something else zingy and powdery underneath – not minty, with also without the acerbic quality I associate with green notes. This might sound ridiculous but it almost smells like fizzy sherbet powder.

It's a lovely fragrance quite different to the sickly sweet fruity and gourmand scents marketed to young women. It'd be lovely to wear in spring… or even in winter, as the memory and anticipation of spring.

Florabotanica is interesting. On my skin it's definitely more botanical than floral. There is rose, but it's a very fresh rose. I don't smell a lot of mint, for which I am grateful. I find this fragrance very green, almost leafy with a mildly citrusy vetiver and something that almost reminds me of anise. Probably the carnation.
Guessing the greenness comes from the caladium leaves, which I am familiar with, but never knew to have a smell. Then again, I never stuck my face in them to say for sure.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

It will be hard to write this review and put this fragrance into words enough to describe its unique beauty.
THANK GOD I tested this again. This is what I have been waiting for. I love rose. I have Stella, Givenchy Irresistible and flankers, Chanel Eau Premiere. But this- is similar to the "naturalness" of Stella. It is bold like Givenchy. It is sophisticated like Eau Premiere. I am absolutely head over heels will be wearing this mostly alternating with the other 3 fragrances I have mentioned. I tested this on my skin at Sephora. My first thought was: I love the rose blast and subtle mint touch in the opening, I hope it doesn't change much. 2nd thought: It is changing...into more of an herbal scent. Conclusion: This is changing again out of the herbal territory into simply one of the most gorgeous floral perfumes I have ever worn- with rose blooming and softening as the focus, but you have to see how it unfolds in phases on your skin and also you should like the "floral" scent category. It morphs into quite a heady rose on me. However, this rose is brighter than the one in Stella. It is fresh and addictive and a little musky! All the notes play into each other perfectly. I sprayed generously thinking this was a light perfume. Ha! This is deceiving. It morphs and blooms on the skin into an intoxicating floral scent! I told the sales associate at my local sephora that I was thinking about purchasing this. She asked to smell my wrist with what I had already sprayed on 10 minutes before. She exclaimed with "It smells gorgeous on you! It smells like rubber tires on me!" I thanked her for the compliment.

EvyRose
EvyRose

This is a perfume which shouts ''I am confident and I like to be different''. At first the scent is quite strong but as it dries down it leaves an amazing fresh smell that stays on for very long.

Roslaug
Roslaug

This is a scent for the young. The mint and carnation dominate the overall appearance. I probably would have loved it when I was sixteen. But it's too fruity and simple for the thirty one year old me today.

theresnopunchline
theresnopunchline

I looked at the bottle and tried this reluctantly after the girl at the store suggested it. It smelt nothing like I was expecting! I mulled over it for a few months, and smelt it evertime I walked past it, deciding if I wanted it.

I brought it home today and showed my housemates (I live with 4 boys) and they liked it, so that's all I need!

deborah.rouse.54
deborah.rouse.54

This is so fresh and so pretty. It lasts quite a long time and leaves a beautiful cloud of fresh flowers surrounding the one who wears it. I think two to three sprays of this will have you smelling so very lovely for the majority--if not all of--the day. Of course it depends on your chemistry but this is a lasting scent for me. When I wear this it just puts me in a good mood because the scent is so fresh, pure, floral and unique. I know that every scent isn't for every one but this works in a grand way for me. I love it.

anamalia
anamalia

Warm is the best word to describe florabotanica. Rose heavy with a hint of carnation.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Why is it added a cannabis note, when it doesnt say cannabis in the description in the text?

thedashingdarlings
thedashingdarlings

This is a fresh, green, quintessential rose with a carnation/herbal bite. I see where they were going with "beautiful but dangerous," but it is subtle. Mostly it's just a very beautiful floral rose that they have kept from becoming too sweet and "rosey" by adding fresh green herbs and the slightly spicy carnation.

I actually didn't expect to like this one as much as I do, because rose itself does not suit me. In this floral concoction, however, it really does come through as a rose in a heady garden by moonlight, which does suit me.

Adjames
Adjames

Upon first spray was sooo green, I didn't get any softness out of it until the rose made it's way through.

I like floral bouquets, but with a touch more softness where the green is a backdrop if you will. Here the green buries the floral my opinion. For the woman who wants to get her side of the story told, while stepping on a toe or two :-(

Reminds me somewhat of Chanel no. 19 which I much prefer.

If I was going to go with a floral/herb/green soft fragrance - I would grab a classic green, such as Calandre by Paco Rabanne for softness.

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

I enjoy wearing it daily. Have almost finished the bottle. A fragrance I may buy again.

simplyfresh
simplyfresh

If anyone has this and perhaps disliked it or maybe simply never uses it, I am willing to purchase a used bottle of it at a reasonable price. You can contact me at walkerj19@owls.southernct.edu

Simply state "Fragrantica" in the subject line

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Balenciaga Florabotanica
This fragrance is London in a bottle. I always thought that London was a stoic city with a heavy dose of “prim and proper” but thankfully, I was introduced to the city’s dark side by some cheeky Londoners who were friends of friends.

After a long night of clubbing and barhopping at the trendiest clubs in the city, my friends said they wanted to show me something extraordinarily beautiful, but that I’d have to be sneaky to see it. Since “adventure” is my middle name, I loved the idea. We jumped a thick brick wall, and by the light of the full moon, found ourselves in the most sumptuous overgrown English garden, full of all kinds of flowers, herbs and shrubs – roses, violets, lavender, lily of the valley, petunias, hydrangeas, verbena, mint – just to name a few. The garden must have been over an acre because it seemed to take a long time to walk across it. As we crossed the garden, we passed a big mansion that looked abandoned, like the mansion in Dark Shadows. I seriously expected a vampire to come out and greet me. In the center of the garden, there was a long thin reflecting pool with shimmering moonlight. Because the mansion and garden were overgrown and unkempt, the effect was beautiful, lush, and frightening! To make it worse, when I asked my friends where we were, someone said that it was an insane asylum! Within moments, we heard dogs barking, and someone shouted, “RUN!” so we ran and jumped back over the fence just in time.

When I heard that the house of Balenciaga was releasing this fragrance, that the concept would be a strange garden with dangerous flowers, and that Kristen Stewart, a vampire, was the spokesperson, I was definitely intrigued. I definitely LOVE the bottle and I know it’s one of the few bottles in my collection that I will keep. This is primarily a rose scent, a dusty English rose, but it’s surrounded by a strange composition of herbs that make it fresher and lighter. The dusty rose stays throughout – from the initial spray to the dry down, but the herbs sort of take you on a tour around the garden. It’s dark, aloof, and fresh, but sadly, not as scary and edgy as I had hoped. When I want to warm this up a bit, I layer it. Today, I layered with Gayle Hayman’s Delicious Chocolate and it’s a divine, edgier combination. It has its place in my wardrobe, but won’t replace my MOR Marshmallow or Balenciaga L’Eau Rose, two of my favorites, but I still love it for its uniqueness. It’s definitely the scent to wear in the garden of a spooky insane asylum in a full moon!

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

Florabotanica is a fragrance that for me took a little bit of warming up to. I had actually put it up for swap, but that day for kicks and giggles decided to give it one more go on my skin and quickly changed my mind.
On first application florabotanica gives you a very fresh and bitter mint. Not like a candy/gum mint, very herbal. A note in here I can smell is also caladium leaf that is not listed above.* It makes the top notes very sharp and green as a whole. Soon after I start to smell rose strongly as well as carnation. The two come across in a way to make a spicy floral combination that is rosey but not sweet. Finally the little bit of sweetness comes out in the base in the form of amber along with a woody, warm, and snappy vetiver. This is my favorite part. This is what sold florabotanica to me. :)
So basically your end result in about 45 minutes is all of the notes blended together. The florals and mint are very very strong and stick to the end. A lot of fragrances are base dominated but in here I feel like it's more top and middle note dominated.
I wore this to work yesterday and really enjoyed how bright and lively florabotanica made me feel. It's very long lasting for being on the fresh side, I got a little over 6 hours. I like florabotanica, glad I didn't trade my mini, but not sure if I'm going to go for the full bottle, we'll see.

ellaquintero
ellaquintero

If you want something different, this is your thing. Amazingly unique and so beautiful.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Very green, but not in a "stems" sort of way. I get a lot of mint and fresh carnation out of this, slowly becoming less sharp and more complex as the earthy vetiver and sweet rose come into play. A tiny bit soapy (in a fresh-out-of-the-shower way, not an aldehydic way). This is very modern. It best lends itself to daytime wear in the spring and summer for a cooling burst of freshness. Sillage is moderate, I can't speak to longevity yet. This may be full bottle-worthy. It definitely suits me, but I'm not sure yet if it's quite different enough to be worth the money.

amelie
amelie

Very crisp, green, quite modern floral, but a bit loud to my nose. Gives the impression that somewhere must be hidden musk (?) I feel it, at moments even a bit dusty. I think it's more love or hate. Maybe I'm now more in woody mood and just can't cope with this sparkling scent.

zeb
zeb

A happy bottle, a scent with happy pink rose and a happy advertisement. So why this woman? Kristen Stewart is the last woman on the planet to market this product. Maybe in the Alien commercial from Thierry Mugler. Sorry...

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

In my quest to find something that smells similar to Annick Goutal's Eau Du Ciel - I stumbled across this fragrance. It is amazing what happens when you go to the fragrance counter and just mention your favorite fragrances - to see if the staff can find something similar. They very often nail certain aspects of the fragrance, and omit others.

However, this fragrance definitely has a similar note to Eau du Ciel, perhaps it is the rose. There is a freshness and an undercurrent of a "spring rain" near a barn yard... which is the note that I love about Eau du Ciel.

This has a similar quality to Womanity, in that it has an interplay on the skin that almost dances. Like the chemicals are a bit interactive with the skin - in a fun, upbeat, fresh - sort of way.

I like what is happening with the fragrance on my skin. It smells clean and refreshing. I will have to reserve judgement and see how this wears for a longer period of time. So far, I like the initial 30 minutes of wear.

-----------

The longer that this wears on my skin, the more that this smells like My Insolence, but a shade or two warmer. It is very close to the same mix, on my skin. It takes a couple of hours to detect this, but that is the note that is surfacing the longer this wears.

stormyla
stormyla

I wore this fragrance 5 o 6 times this summer and quite enjoyed it. It's a lovely bright floral suitable for daytime wear. Fragrances built around carnation usually work for me. The mint gives this a nice peppy feel.

I'm a long time lover of green fragrances and this fits that bill nicely. On me the sillage is respectable and the scent lasts at least 7 hours. It may not earn a permanent place in my rotation, but I am enjoying it for now!

gaz525
gaz525

Absoultely love this. As a fan of rose scents though i must say I dont get much rose from this. It is slightly there but I wouldn’t say it is the main ingredient, just now and again you can smell a little rose trying to break through the smell of grassy green herbs, very botanic hence the name. It smells very organic at first but slowly a minty smell begins to appear accompanied by a subtle sweetness. Overall this is a floral fragrance, although I really can’t pin point what type of flowers, but with a natural garden herb smell. I think the mint and sweetness smelt in the dry down work well together and help this fragrance from not disappearing altogether after the first couple of hours. Can probably be worn in any weather but is definitely more of a day time scent.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Rose is one of my biggest soft spots when it comes to fragrances. I didn’t try out Florabotanica when it first came out, but when I finally did get around to testing it I knew I needed to have it. A majority of rose fragrances are quite simple, but this is what I think makes them so lovable. They never feel like you are going overboard with them.

Florabotanica has a little more edge to it than some of my other roses such as Rose 4 Reines and Rose Essentielle EDT Rosee. Both of them are quite simple and pretty delicate. Balenciaga managed to make a stronger rose that is not overwhelming but has some more personality to it. The carnation adds a spicier tone to Florabotanica when it opens up and the vetiver adds some more depth and makes it smell drier (not sure if that makes sense to anyone other than me). I find it to be fresh clean a tiny bit powdery and easy to wear. Mint is their but it really subtle I wish it was a little more prominent. This rose is great for all ages and is quite modern smelling. If you are looking for rose perfume definitely try this one out, its one of the better mainstream rose options out there. ^_^

To my surprise, this fragrance was fêted at the Fifis. My initial reaction was so bad that I did not even review it. Instead, I stowed my Sephora-acquired mini in the back of a drawer and forgot all about it until I read somewhere that Florabotanica had won some awards. I decided to look at some of the reviews and discovered that some perfumistas liked it too, so I figured that I'd better give it another sniff.

The mint and carnation are definitely a refreshing opener. But what made me write this composition off before and what will consign it once again to the back of a drawer is the base. It's that same ubiquitous stuff being poured out of vats across all price barriers from budget drugstore to haute niche. Obviously, this is a matter of taste, but I simply dislike this aromachemical pseudo-woodish-amberish stuff. To me, it's a big YUCK. Some reviewers have compared this composition to creations from Les Parfums de Rosine. Needless to say, I disagree. By the drydown, "Florabotanica" has pretty much become another squeaky-clean abstract floral.

In some ways, it fits perfectly the advertising campaign of the wildly misnamed Florabotanica, which struck me as what a yuppie garage sale might look like. Scattered, suffering from gadget-induced ADD, addled by SSRIs, is this the future of perfume?

cobralily
cobralily

Stunning, fresh, powerful, feminine floral. I adore this fragrance! It's bright and bold, with robust florals. I love every note from top to bottom.

margoess
margoess

A lot of popular rose scents bother me. Stella, The Body Shop Moroccan Rose, Bulgari Rose Essentielle, Chloe EDP--they're all a little too much somehow; a little suffocating or slightly overbearing or, in the case of the Chloe, actively nauseating. But Florabotanica is a rose of a different color. On me, it's a fresh, crisp, green, wet rose. I'm reminded of freshly cut flowers whose stems have just been trimmed and run under water before going in a vase. A rose-and-carnation corsage, damp from a florist's spritzer, ready for your homecoming date? I get a lot of leaf (sadly, no distinct mint, which I think I would've loved) but green, wet leaf and stem. Rosewater with petals floating in it. Not sweet at all, which has been excellent for hot summer days but also refreshing for fall/spring. My impression of the girl is a city dweller in skinny black pants, ballet flats, a blazer, and some statement jewelry--chic and clean, simple but put-together. It has good sillage (noticeable but not overpowering, office-friendly) and fantastic longevity; I've had my morning three spritzes last through a 12+ hour work day! And the bottle! The bold, kind of mod/Pop Art style is what drew me over to the counter in the first place. It's very cool. A nice detail: the spray nozzle is black instead of silver, to continue the the stripes even when you take the cap off. Even the box is pretty.

Florabotanica is a pricey frag, and I can understand why some rose fans may not find it interesting or complex enough to make it a worthwhile purchase. It is not complex. But for me, it's a breath of fresh air. I went through several samples over the course of a few months trying to decide whether I really wanted it, but it's become a staple for days when I want something cool and clean and modern, and today, I'm upgrading from like to love.

One more note: when I first got my full bottle, I was disappointed to find it distinctly lacking the green, leafy notes I'd loved so much in my multiple samples. It just seemed sweeter and more plainly floral, and I was kind of wondering what it was I'd bought. I was planning on trying to exchange it to see if I'd gotten an off bottle, but then out of nowhere, half a dozen wearings and weeks later, it started to smell just like the samples had. So... perhaps this is a perfume that needs to "ripen" slightly to reach its best? I wonder if some of the reviews that describe it as a simpler, sweeter, plainer rose are perhaps smelling this "unripe" version. Curious!

Tovah

I just bought a 3.4 oz bottle of this and a bottle of body lotion. I almost never wear body lotion and I haven't owned one in so long I don't remember what it might have been. I haven't purchased a large bottle of perfume since my binges with Safari and Tresor in the early '90s. Nor have I loved a perfume this much, for a very very long time! Stella, when first launched, came quite close, but even Stella never reached Florabotanica's heights for me.

It's as though this fragrance is made to blend with and radiate from whatever particular chemical components exist in my skin. The notes don't explain the reaction, because I hate carnation, and avoid it like the plague, and I rarely like the scent of mint in perfumes.

Florabotanica just radiates beauty - rose like Tresor and Stella, mystery like Safari, yet it has a creaminess like Perfect Veil type skin scent.

I've been wearing Florabotanica for 2.5 months, night and day, and I haven't even wanted to wear another fragrance! The more I wear it, the more people comment on the beauty of this fragrance.

It's wonderful to be in love.

aqua76239
aqua76239

this wasn't what I was expecting. From the first spray, I realized that this reminded me of something else and then it hit me-Chloe Love scent(I think that's what its called). Chloe is powdery rose that is on the sweeter side, Florabotanica is powdery rose and carnation that is more crisp and green. If you like one, you will surely like the other. I didn't care for it personally but to each one their own

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The name of Florabotanica sums quite well how the perfume actually smells : flowers and green plants. Upon application, Florabotanica combines rose, carnation and some greenness. The rose is not overly sweet, but on the clean, fresh and green side. The carnation offers some bitterness. The mint contributes the greenness without giving out the chill cooling vibe like some sporty fragrances. During the wearing, I can also smell some white flowers like jasmine. However, it eventually returns to the initial combination and stays so firmly till the end.

The sillage is relatively close and the longevity is simply outstanding, 12h+. It's an understated and inoffensive scent with a steady structure. It certainly is not a masterpiece, but a well-made everyday fragrance for green floral lovers.

merlin1999
merlin1999

Quite strong on me, in fact a spritz on the back of my neck is enough. Makes me feel as though I'm sitting amongst the freshest of early roses...I rub a fresh sprig of mint between my fingers...and someone has brought me a large gin and tonic with lots of ice...lovely!!!

Asty
Asty

Not usually into Rose fragrance, kind of reminds me of old women...But this is young fresh and different. I love it, its actually up there with my all time favourite Flowerbomb

rthgdess
rthgdess

Florabotanica is an example of why I don't usually like florals. It's very strong and cold and smells exactly like a florist's refrigerator full of carnations, into which someone blew a hefty cloud of cannabis. Now more often than not, weird is my thing, but this stuff gave me a headache right away and I had to scrub it off. And the lasting power must be great because it was hard to remove.

Safira
Safira

I'm in love with this fragrance! Initially when sniffing the bottle this scent had absolutely no appeal to me, but as I've learned from previous mistakes, I always need to try it on - and I'm so happy I did.

In the beginning is fresh and perhaps a little sharp, but it soon mellows down to this wonderful, powdery, sweet floral scent (I has a slight resemblance to Chloé Love, though this perfume is way more powdery). It's absolutely gorgeous.

Longevity isn't overwhelming, but it will give you 3-4 hours of total bliss. It's not in your face sillagewise, but stays rather close to the skin in a nice understated way. Right now the weather is really hot, so I imagine the lightness is what makes it fresh and perfect for summer. Can't wait to see what it will be like in colder weather.

DivotDiva
DivotDiva

I sprayed lightly both times I have sampled this and it lasted a couple of hours. The scent was OK and smelled floral but not overbearing nor strongly of one note or another. I wasn't bowled over nor was I amazed. Will probably save my money for other fragrances.

Aeris
Aeris

My coworkers were looking all over the room for flowers because they said they could smell a bouquet of flowers. They started looking for them, then I realized it was my perfume! Ha! Then when told them it was me and they wanted to know the name of the perfume and where they can get it. I've never been complimented on any of my perfumes before...and I've been through dozens by now. I feel obligated to buy this now. I think the vetiver gives this a slight tom boyish edge, which is why I think Kristen Stewart was a good choice to promote this. I was disappointed when I first sprayed myself (about 3 times) because I could smell nothing at all. I waited 10 minutes then sprayed all over. Then I smelled like a bouquet of flowers! I wish the sillage was stronger so I wouldn't have to spray so much. Anyways, it's a nice blend of florals and green notes. Try it and giggle to yourself as friends and family start looking around for the non-existent bouquet of flowers around you ;)

kirtylou
kirtylou

I enjoy the way this fragrance starts - it is very fresh and green, and the mint scent is pretty strong and refreshing. However, the dry-down is very heavy on the carnation, which I do not like. It is not bad for a floral but not quite for me. I will enjoy my deluxe sample I received from Sephora, but I will not be purchasing this scent.

TerryM
TerryM

I love this fragrance. And I've read all the reviews, good and bad. It doesn't begin as an Oriental Floral, it's much to green for that. It is a bright and fresh rose that dries down to a soft lovely rosey amber. On me at least! I can see why Balenciaga marketed this to a younger crowd, but don't let that stop you from trying it. I'm in my mid 50's and love this!

Tovah

I've fallen head over heels for Florabotanica. The secret to its charms on my skin is hot weather. When the temperature is 117 degrees a refreshing fragrance is a wonderful thing. Florabotanica is zingy and cooling but it doesn't smell like a typical citrusy summer floral...this fragrance definitely has a mysterious facet that develops as the fragrance warms on my skin. Florabotanica is unmistakably "rose" (even my husband immediately recognized "rose"), but it's a rose blend (i.e. Rosines) rather than a rosewater type scent. It has a unique scent that makes me love it more and more with every whiff. Please don't make the mistake I initially made and test this only on a paper strip. It smells like air freshener on a paper strip. This MUST be tried on skin!

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

I really really like this one,almost loveIt's definitely a strong rose scent,but the other notes add a nice,green freshness to it that tames the rose,keeping it from becoming a old,musty smelling rose.

Incredibly feminine,but with an edge.I have a mini,so it's a dab on,and I usually get no projection from dab ons .But this one was different,I got amazing sillage and longevity.It was still going strong after four hours of work,and I found the warmer I got,the more it projected.I found myself in a beautiful cloud of sweet fresh rose!
I did reapply after lunch,and I layered with the body lotion,so I'm sure that helped with the sillage and longevity.
Bottom line,it's a lovely,true rose scent,freshened with the mint and vetiver,keeping it young and fresh.Amazing sillage and staying power,I highly recommend this one,and will be purchasing a fb as soon as I can!
10/10!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

It's a grown-up and clean rose perfume, very pleasant and feminine, it feels like a "mom rose" to me - you know, if I were to pick a rose scent for the mom, Florabotanica would be the one (I mean in the nicest sense possible). Also, it reminds me of Chloe edp (the newer bottle) without the Chole's baby powder note.

Nesia
Nesia

When I first saw the bottle in September 2012 I knew I had to have it no matter what was inside. Needless to say that I absolutely love it, I haven't been so impressed by any other perfume bottle for a very long time. And the name... so romantic and so fitting. Luckily the perfume inside is beautiful. I had quite a lot of time to make myself sure that I would love it for the summer. The shop assistant gave me a sample and some scented paper which I used as a bookmark for my new copy of JK Rowling's Casual Vacancy. Since the book didn't impress me much I continued reading it almost all winter and to my surprise the scented paper produced this profound flowery smell every time I opened the book. It much more often happens to me that with time I go off a perfume that had impressed me at first and whose sample I took with me home. With this one it was different. I have it now in a stylish 100ml bottle sitting proud on my perfume shelf and I think it will become my favourite summer fragrance for some years ahead.

thazinha30

Note to self: dont wear this in 85° degree, muggy NY weather. I sprayed this on me, sparingly mind you, and was almost suffocated by roses and more roses and only roses. That green, earthy smell i had perceived before (and which i fell in love with) was not present at all. It almost smelled like vintage rose perfume. Longevity stood the test of weather and today, the next day, it's still on my skin and thankfully a little less obnoxious. I will reserve this one for cooler weather even though it's meant to be a "summer" scent. No hating though, just steering this relationship the right way ;)

A strangely oriental floral on me, but with a fresh feeling that reminds me of spring flowers. It feels almost vintage with the rose/amber/vetiver notes standing out, but the other notes keep it green and alive. Nice. Suitable for day or night wear.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Like very much, ~almost~ love. A light to medium-bodied, natural, clean, harmonious bouquet with no particular note taking the lead. Not fruity, not tropical, not herbal, and definitely not minty. An enjoyable wear, just what I'd love to wear on vacay.

dguibord
dguibord

I really love this fragrance. It's a beautiful rose completely devoid of the dreaded grandma powder anchored with a warm woody base and an ever-so-slight carnation spice that makes it sexy. An elegant scent that doesn't feel the need to span every trend by throwing in a distracting kiddie fruit note (I cannot wait for this trend to go away) nor a heavy spice note. No, it doesn't scream 'look at me'. But the best don't need to do that, do they? Supposedly aimed at a younger crowd - but I think it takes some maturity to figure it out...young ladies that want to stand out from the sea of fruit/candy - give this one a try. As for my 47 year old fabulous self - this is one is definitely a winner.

mammacat57
mammacat57

I bought a perfume sampler from Sephora that contained this fragrance. Love it, not just a powdery rose scent but more complex. I must say I am a bit put off by the company's targeting this to a "younger" audience though. Who says perfume should have an age limit? If you like it, wear it. I am well into middle age and I think this is a great perfume. Maybe you're only as old as you think you are?

millie1980
millie1980

Unimpressed. Don't be fooled by the stylish packaging - on my skin it was an old-fashioned powdery rose. I'm sure you could pick up something from the 'rose' toiletry line in M&S for a fraction of the price. If you want something fresher and greener, try Hermes Un Jardin sur la Toit.

bouffantbunny
bouffantbunny

Imagine a fresh spring day- freshly cut grass, fragrant mixed garden scents in the aiir. A girl appears in the scene wearing a frilly pink frock with a pink bow in her hair and says "Mummy, I want a pony! If you shan't give it to me right now I shall scream EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"
...well that's what I got from this perfume, promises a garden but quickly degrades to a shrill floral.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

ساده ولی سرحال همچون یک میخک قوی با ظرافت و قدرت بیان در یک باغ خانوادگی انگلیسی چگونه تعریف میشودکه بس گفتن را در بوئیدن نعناع و خنکی رز صورتی را فقط لذت و شادی محبت دیده میشود .

flying_colours
flying_colours

It has something green, or at least planty, about it. I think of flower shops, and that indistinct smell of flowers in general instead of any flower in particular. Something fresh, yet a tad bit old fashioned, which dries down to woodsy rose and powder, and yes I do detect that mint although I probably would not have come up with that on my own. The mint gives it a freshness and a bit of an edge, without which I do feel it would be too old fashioned and would miss its target demographic.

I find this to smell really quite natural, a bouquet of freshly picked flowers, nature through rose tinted glasses. It doesn't meander too radically from the ever-popular floral category, yet perhaps because it evokes some old fashioned perfumes I've encountered, I find it stands its ground among the more generic recent offerings (Daisy!). I like it a lot.

Red Rose
Red Rose

orintal? I sniff nothing orintal or is it my unexperienced nose? this smells like soap bubbles, so clean & creamy & perfect for mornings. I may get a bottle if this one is permanent I just hope it's not limited edition.
update:
I sniffed this fragrance in the paper strip this evening & it smells like shave cream for men, it's quite masculine. I thought this scent is gorgeous in the first opening but after I sniffed the drydown, sorry I don't think this fragrance match my style & no offence of course to those who like it, people's tasts are diffrent of course & that was my own openion.

moon.poon.35
moon.poon.35

I just usually read reviews, don't write one, but I really love this fragrance! I've seen it in Sephora, didn't ever occur to me to even sample it, but I got this as a gift recently and wow! The gift and the scent was a pleasant surprise. I love it. When I first sprayed it on, it smelled quite strong, but the longer it was on me, the more I liked it - floral but not too sweet, fresh but not herbal or citrusy. And the scent lasted for quite bit - I could still smell it on me around 5-6 hours later. Love it, love it :).

robbinthehood
robbinthehood

I love love love this perfume. It's such an original scent. Herbal, but fresh. Easy to wear, natural, not offensive but definitely not boring. A bit sharp, though somewhere in the back it has some softness.
The lasting power is great. After hours I can still smell it.
I don't like the bottle, the box and the ad as much though, but oh well, who cares? It's about the scent anyway.
Right now I've got a sample but I'd buy it for sure!

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

Thank goodness I bought a small sample. On me it has that awful everlasting 'hair oil' tang which I utterly loathe and unfortunately lasts and lasts. Ugh! Why is it that the gorgeous perfumes fade away, and these horrors linger on and on? It isn't quite as bad as Cerutti Image which is even worse, as it has a flowery tinge in it as well as 'hair oil.'
I can just about bear it, but will give the sample away to my teenage granddaughters who I hope will have a different effect from this.
To me it is an after shave smell, not a perfume.
Definitely not for me. Disappointing.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

One of my new favorites for women. It stops me in my tracks, when a womsn that is wearing it, passes me. Wow.

MLK
MLK

I love this fragrance as it is not an 'old fashioned' type rose, floral scent. It is very modern and has a bit of spiciness to it. It is aimed at a younger market but I believe anyone can wear this scent as it will suit all ages. I love the bottle design, very classy.

field_of_daisies
field_of_daisies

I love floral perfumes... Florabotanica makes a statement with the splash of mint.. It is so "shower fresh" and clean...

camaral
camaral

When I first smelled Florabotanica, I thought at last a new signature scent! It seemed to be an amazingly authentic herbal floral fragrance: petals, stems and leaves. Strong, much like those of the 70's and 80's. So, I sprayed twice in my hair, once on my forearm, and bought it.
By the time I got to work, I noticed it was transforming... And, getting even stronger...And STRONGER. A male co-worker immediately commented that I smelled like "sea shells".
No longer did it smell like wonderful flowers to me. Instead, it had become a mixture of roofing tar and bong resin- growing with intensity for 6 hours! It took three showers and over 72 hours to get this stuff out of my hair. I have to respect it though, because it scared the hell out of me- which isn't easily done. Poltergeist.

parisalondres

If you adore rose and powder, you will love ths one!

kima.holland
kima.holland

this perfume is kinda the 'adult'version of oilily spanish rose i wore in my late teens. now im in my early 30s and i love this fragrance. it reminds me of warm floral gardens and herbs with a dash of 'cheeky sex'to it......

thazinha30

Ok, so I'm loving this perfume right now. I had smelled it in a strip of paper at Sephora and liked it so I asked for a small sample to take home. 3 days later (after trying Rose the One and liking but not LOVING it) I decided to try Florabotanica. OMG, this is so good! I mean, I literally just sprayed it on and had to comment on it and will update later on once I have spent the whole day with it on (if it stays on, that is!)
Upon spraying, as weird as it seems, I smell Cannabis... yeah, weed, but in a good way. I think it could just be my nose. I also smell like I just walked in an atrium full of plants and flowers: I smell green and floral and a bit fruity too. So refreshing!!! I really hope this one lasts a while because so far I love it (hoping the drydown will be just as good!)
Later!!!

Update: 5 hours later and I can still smell this as I move around, on my wrists and hair. The drydown is more floral and powdery but still fresh and I love everything about this perfume. Sillage is moderate as soon as I put it on but it fades a bit after a while.
I just sprayed it on my wrists again just because I love the open notes so much but to me, this is an all around great fragrance. Will try for a couple more days before buying it. If I do decide to purchase it I'll probably get the gift set from Saks or Nordstrom which comes with the 3.4 oz bottle, a body lotion and a mini bottle and costs the same as the perfume by itself at Sephora.

Another update: i gave in and bought this beauty. The more i smell it the more ilike it. I have to say though, i noticed that some days i put this on and it smells differently from the previous day... sometimes it smells very young, bright, green and grassy and some other days it smells more old lady-ish, powdery, a little darker too. I love every facet of this and im sure i will discover its other personalities soon enough.

1 month and half later, I've worn this quite a few times but the weather has been kinda chilly in NY so today (6/17) I tried it in the warmer weather and oh my, this no-so-tamed, cute little monster could be smelled 11 hours later. I took a shower at the very end of my long day and still smell it on my hair. It seems to have gotten stronger and stronger as the hours passed by. Love it!!!

filmoyster
filmoyster

I like Balenciaga's Florabotanica, but already own Balenciaga Paris and don't think I'll add this to my collection on my limited budget. I might consider it as I do want to have a rose fragrance at some point.

This perfume smelled very differently the first time I tried it, and either my nose is changing as I learn more about fragrances or this is one that you need to try several times before deciding. It changes quite a bit after first spray.

I found:

Within the first five minutes:
- Generic rose and floral
- A bright, crisp note that was difficult to identify
- Carnation

After a half hour the perfume evolves into:
- Fresh rose, that smells like my garden roses
- Mint rises up
- I think the crisp note is the vetiver and smells great in this formulation

*7/10 rating
*1/10 headache factor - this does not give me a headache.

filmoyster.wordpress.com

pukkolandia

Perfect for this season: sweet, delicate pink, softly sexy with a bit of sparkling mint.....mmmmm the scent of spring!

fpih
fpih

Very pretty rose fragrance, soft and romantic and elegant, but also fresh and clean as few rose fragrances can claim to be. Perfect for everyday use, office wear and spring time. However, there's no sillage at all and lasting power is mediocre (around 4-5 hours), so unless you're looking for a completely inoffensive fragrance to pass under the radar at work, invest in a 100ml and a lotion to match, if you don't want to be the only one who knows you're wearing a fragrance.

fleur.du.coeur.
fleur.du.coeur.

A very pleasant pure rose with a splash of fresh mint.
Lasts really long. I'm in love!

Rose Hip

very good for springtime, romantic, feminine.

patriciamarcella
patriciamarcella

LOVE THIS SCENT!!! very casual yet have the romantic splash on it.. very worth to buy.

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

a delightful combination of rose and mint with just a mellowing hint of carnation. candy for the nose!

pukkolandia

Before decide to buy it I tryed it three times....in different seasons with different weather conditions. It's definitely a spring perfume, despite the time it was lauched, good for this moment of spring not summer yet but hot and full of sun. I tryed it in the right moment and I bought it immediately, but I recommend to try it before buy it.

prettyswag
prettyswag

This is fresh, loved the top notes and hated the drydown...which is soapy,synthetic,and the lasting impression was a cheap floral dated 1987...not a lush but a pass...!

claudiad13
claudiad13

I thought I would love this but It's alright... a bit soapy on my skin.

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

All I can say is please try it before buying. It is not a blind buy/online order type of perfume. Personally, I really like it but can understand it not being everyone's cup of tea.

suhaesa
suhaesa

a beautiful.. fresh..french.. Spanish..hot..cold..dreamy minty.. alive..fashionable..noticable.. pefume.. so sensuale.. and young ..full..vibrant.. flowery at heart and sole.. not overly sweet.. a dry connotation of vibrating accords.. almost fizzy...a summer fall scent ..its carnation play with mint.. and rose.. its wonderful.. i am not a big fan of rosey perfumes.. but this one is elegant.. in a loud way.. in a simple way.. its a beautiful evening out with the girls.. sipping tea and macrons..
its a perfume that will leave a lasting impression on those around you its confident and for a woman or a girl who doesnt care about what the world says yet want to be noticed as an elegant independent confident and full of life and passion ...yet strong and discrete.. approachable but within boundaries..
it reminds me of chloe
edp
perfume ratting 4.3 out 5
bottle ratting 4 out 5
my personal liking scale is 3.5 out 5

lcommisso
lcommisso

It is a pretty fragrance, the beginning is more of the botanical part which I loved. The drydown reminded me of the powdery drydown in Chloe. As for the bottle, it is pretty neat looking, but I think the box is better suited for this fragrance. I was thinking about it, but then saw how popular this fragrance is (and how expensive), and decided not to purchase. If they came out with a rollerball, I might buy that.

MissEmm13
MissEmm13

I was not expecting this to be anything unique or mind-blowing when I heard about it. I know Kristin Stewart is also the model for it, so that immediately turned me off too! I'm probably going to get thumbs down for that one but I don't see her and envision a beautiful smell like when I see Charlize Theron in the Dior ad!

Anyway, I was waiting for a cab and picked up Vogue and there is a sample in there. Well, it smelled gorgeous on paper. I wanted to smell it on my skin because it is not cheap! I ran into sephora after work and tested it out. I think I am in love. Despite what the name indicates, it's not all that floral. I smell the rose note but that's about it. I smell something a little deeper. Very feminine. It's really indescribable but it is a great every day scent without being boring. Go to Sephora or pick up Vogue and see for yourself.

Celtrino
Celtrino

This is not a sniff and walk away perfume. It has to be worn to be appreciated, it needs to warm up, to settle. It is a perfume of contradictions, subtle and powerful. Intially the mint and the rose overlap, let it settle. Breathe again. The rose doesn't dominate, it teases and opens itself showing an edge of mint. Breathe again. Go deeper, and a warm spicy heart awaits. The carnation adds a fresh note while dipped in amber and vetiver. There is something else but it is like a ghost.
I travelled all the way from Sydney to Madrid wearing this and the only comments I received were of a, 'don't you smell wonderful' variety. Maybe not for everyone, certainly not a youthful fragrance. But it isn't old. Be bold, smell wonderful. Be a contradiction. It is flowery but it isn't. It subtle but bold. I love it.

parisalondres

I could only smelled strong Rose & Powder with a hint of mint. The rose lasted way too long, my unsentive nose did not detect carnation. Florabotanica is definitely an alternative for rose lover.

smellME
smellME

My review of this disappeared so heres another one...
This is not a typical smellME perfume, but I´m hooked !
The top notes is somewhat similar to Guerlain a la mousson with a sweet watermelon or grapefruit, not as syroplike but a lot fresher than mousson and not listed ...
Its an ice cold wind of sweet freshness that hits you on first blast -this is lovely. It is sharp edgy crisp and beautiful. The smell of it gives you a lot more than the few notes ever could imagine...,
The carnation makes it twist as the heart layers in and the drydown gets woody and calmer, but this baby never sleeps. It keeps you going and going feeling fresh all day as the crisp touch never leaves..
This is as modern as its fantastically sculptured bottle !. Because of the impact it hits you with, its eather a love or hate perfume and its NOT very mixable with other perfumes , wich actually is a minus for me, as I switch fumes a lot due to that most of my perfumes end up in amber.
Its like you have to decide to use it for a week at a time or have a massive shower to be able to change for the evening. This is also very different from my other Balenciaga love- L´ESSENCE who is a shy natural violet and patch combo , also very beautiful but quite a contrary to this creation.
Update...swapped because husband didn't like it...too bad !

MelixMc
MelixMc

This perfume should be considered nothing less than liquid haute couture! It takes an edgy personality and a lot of self confidence, but it definitely can be pulled of. I don't own it myself, but my best friend does, and every time I see her I have to sniff her! You really have to be bold, no, fierce to wear this without people doubting whether it suits you, just like it is with some pieces of clothing. Olivier Polge and Jean-Cristophe Herault did an amazing job!

heidiantonia
heidiantonia

I really wanted to love this or at least like it as I absolutely adore the chic bottle... But unfortunately it is one of the few perfumes that I can't stand! For me it's way too strong and headache inducing.
I also thought this fragrance would be youthful as the campaign featured Kristen Stewart who exudes a youthful modern edge but I think she is a very poor representation of this perfume. I find it to be some what old-ish, but not sweet old lady more like that bold, pompous, difficult customer type. Even my boyfriend was like "yuk, what are you wearing? You smell like my mom", not what I was going for!!!
This fragrance is far from crisp, clean or modern to me its more like... super bold, heady and dated!

Mary_H
Mary_H

Very sophisticated and special though consequent in its claviature, especially the rose interpretation: just well-balanced. The powdery accent makes me assoiciate it with tidiness, feeling fresh. Just love it!

karrieann
karrieann

The look of the bottle, with its black and white stripes and the colorful floral print on the box is a big draw for me. Love the look! But upon closer inspection of the box I see Venus Flytrap is depicted. Fitting for this fragrance. It is lovely and intriguing to look at but rather deadly or at the very least repelling.

On me, this is very sharp. So sharp it makes me makes me pull back immediately. It is cold and steely. Offensive and rude. Annoying and headache-inducing.

After the first 30 minutes I can pick up a warmer scent in the way way back but sadly it was fleeting and bullied out by loud daggers thrown out. After well over an hour I can tolerate her but just barely. There is a rose interpretation going on here but it's lost along it's way. The closer I put my nose to my wrist and the deeper I inhale, the more familiar it becomes to me. Like I have smelled this before, as a child. Some toiletry item from my youth is in there. But I cannot pinpoint it.

Maybe that is where I have misunderstood this scent. I have taken her as cold and standoffish. The type that tells you to leave her alone with her icy glare that is aimed in your direction. But if you persist and allow yourself to get as close as possible, you may find something intriguing. Maybe she is hiding that from those who dare not get too close. But for those who brave through the reaction to pull away, you may find there is something else there all together.

I originally was going to write that I found nothing enjoyable about this fragrance. She's the type that keeps people at a distance. I prefer the type that draws people in. But there is a little bit here to like, for me. Though not enough for me to consider purchasing this. I am not even sure I want to try it on my skin again. The small payout in the end is not worth the spectacle she makes of herself for far far to long.

sparkybish
sparkybish

A crisp, cold florist's rose enhanced by mint, but with a hint of complexity from the carnation and vetiver. Fresh, soft, long lasting, and wearable, it had me wondering what that wonderful smell was all day. Lo and behold, it was me.

Susan_b
Susan_b

I love the bottle. I wanted to love this one but it gets me a headache. It smells like dirt and flowers on me yet I always get compliments when I wear it

dcxtina
dcxtina

I LOVE this fragrance! It is what I wished YSL "Baby Doll" would grow up to be; like Parisienne on another level, with more richness and depth. If you imagine Baby Doll and Jimmy Choo fragrances had a baby, you get FLORABOTANICA. I when I wear it I feel instantly put together and fashionable. It's clean yet musky, floral but not fruity, and smells young. I love it!

klcowart
klcowart

I admit: it was the bottle that attracted me to the fragrance. And, as I am on a recent rose-kick, I was dying try it. As soon as it came to Sephora, I asked for one of those take home samples. At first spray, I thought it was a bit too linearly floral, thinking "crap, and the bottle was just too cool!" However, I've kept the sample, and I keep reaching for it. It has grown on my, I actually find it addictive. It opens with a sharp florally green freshness, though it's got some dirt or moss in there too, which I totally LOVE. Its silliage is great, and it literally lasts all day. My sample is running out quickly, I hope I can find the funds to buy a big bottle!
I think the bottle kind of represents the fragrance in that they're both really chic, and sharp. Yet, as Kirsten Stewart describes in her interview, I don't see this as a "red" fragrance as she suggests. Personally I think of pale pinks and sage greens when I smell Florabotanica. I think this fragrance has more depth than its celebrity in endorser, but overall I can see that they kind of go together as they're both slightly edgy.
Overall, if you try this, I think you should give it more than only one sniff. It really is one of those fragrances that just grows on you. It my even become my new signature... we shall see!

MsYvette
MsYvette

I'm not a fan of overly floral (especially rosey) or powdery scents, so I don't like this perfume on myself. But I must say that It is a well-formulated perfume. I would actually recommend this to my friends who are rose fanatics.

On me, it opens with a very fresh, leafy and minty scent. I found that part to be quite enjoyable. The freshness diminishes within minutes and it eventually develops into an unusual powdery rose with hints of vetiver. It's a great spring time fragrance, but I personally think it's a tad too thick to wear in the summer.

I wouldn't keep this in my collection, only because the notes don't really match my personality. However, I would urge rose lovers to try this out. I think there is something complex and whimsical about it that many people would find intriguing.

MUST8936
MUST8936

Aromatic so it can be unisex!I like it!

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

Not bad!!!
Well the first half hour all i got was minty grass. I persevered and it grew into something soft and beautiful. Can't describe it but my advice is to wait it out and see what happens!!!

dawnleereed
dawnleereed

This fragrance was initially so green when I first sprayed it that my throat felt like it was closing up. After struggling with it for about 20 minutes, it calmed down to a nice but simple rose/mint.

With my chemistry, the final simplicity is not worth the initial harshness.

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

Is it possible that this is a Balenciaga? From the same people who created Michelle and Le Dix we get this pale insipid rose. I get no mint or carnation. There are cheaper, far better fresh roses on the market. Shame.

Colleen0430
Colleen0430

Soapy clean and powdery on me. The bottle style definitely does not match the scent. Personally, I find the bottle kinda cheap looking, but love the scent. Bought this at Sephora in Canada. Nice and sophisticated; definitely smells European. Wonderful complex scents. 9/10

Yamba1
Yamba1

I keep coming back to test this one as I am yet to understand this perfume. Unlike other reviewers, I don't get a heavily rosé dominated scent. The rose is there, but almost translucent, similar to the rose accord in Le Labo Rose 31, another rose perfume accused of not being rose. Not that it is similar to Rosé 31. Is is in fact, the polar opposite. Where Rose 31 is dirty and dry, Florabotanica is clean and fresh. You can almost feel the dew on the flower buds.
I struggle to identify the individual notes in this composition which is why I can't move past it, but this is usually the sign of a perfume I will grow to have a deep affection for over time.

I get the feeling it's withholding something. It's a touch cold, a touch remote, but that adds to its interest for me.

I have enjoyed testing this so far and wore it today at work in a meeting environment and found it to be completely appropriate in that setting. It made me feel confident and professional.

I will continue to flirt with this one and see where it leads me....

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I had a chance to sample this perfume over the weekend. I had high hopes as it is a beautiful bottle. The scent is green in the opening notes which is nice and a change from my regular scents. However, when it came to the drydown it smell very close to Burberry body. This is like a weaker version with green notes mixed in. It's a pretty scent but not original and not as long lasting and projecting as BB. It's so hard to find an original scent these days!

esbanks
esbanks

I just got a large sample of this today, but it's already apparent this could become my new signature scent. On me, it's like standing in a French flower market, but someone nearby is smoking pot, and around the corner is an incense shop. It's amazing. I simply adore it. I get the carnation and mint, but together with the floral, darned if they weren't right about it creating an accord that is like flowers and hemp! Crazy, and sounds like an unlikable combination - but it's addictive.

Shimone
Shimone

@Drigsby
Finally someone agrees with me,I thought I was the only one who thought so!
Apparently no one likes when it comes from me lol,I wonder why???

begosh

yes mademoiselle-c BALENCIAGA PARIS is much more better but when both dry down they both become identical.for me as i am a Balenciaga fan-i really love their clothinglines,bags,shoes-but especially this year after EGYPTOPUNK line i expected a perfume which is like molecule escentric in a more femine note,a shocking and vivid also at the same time sophisticated perfume..But florabotanica is a heartbreak for me..

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

This should be called Florabotanic Poudre. It is nothing but powder powder powder. As stated in one of the other reviews, Balenciaga perfumes do not match their clothing line. They need an overhaul. The only decent fragrance I have personally found is Balenciaga Paris, and even that is pushing it.

begosh

if it had been a Chanel perfume i would say yes but for Balenciaga this is not the IT..Balenciagas perfumes doesnt reflect its line

Matthu_Jewell
Matthu_Jewell

I wear "Women's" perfume more often than Mens. Its taken Canada forever to carry this locally. Bought it blindly, and love it on myself.

It makes me dream of my future indoor garden.

Not a smell I wear for anyone else but myself; strictly at home. It's strong, which doesn't bother me. I feel just like a non-existant Rose myself, which is exactly what this scent was created to embody.

I have no care to know what others think of this smell on my skin. It's a forever changing personal experience, which is why I've grown to adore it.

Kylie93
Kylie93

This scent is not for me. The perfume is very fresh and comes across quite flat. Since the amber notes are almost unnoticable do I miss a hint of warmth and femininety. But then again, very good choice of model for the ad ;)

babskrimpen
babskrimpen

This one is not for me... Could not stand it long enough to wait for the dry down. It hits me in the face and makes me want to rub it off quickly! Reminds me of awfully strong scented rose candles, which I really don not like.

raw umber
raw umber

This fragrance is a little like red oil paint. It's impossible to get rid of and if you get a tiny drop of it on you, it somehow manages to get all over everything you own. That said, it is a kaleidoscopic blend of florals, which are greened way down to keep them fresh and appealing for those who are repelled by spicier, more animalic or classic floral compositions.

This fragrance is BRIGHT. Florescent white bright. It reminds me of walking through the flower show at Macy's and thinking, "Woah! That's some serious flower aroma... Is it really coming from all these flowers, or are they piping it in from some hidden duct?"

Either way, it's well done if you are passionate about green florals. Not particularly memorable.

pbluberry
pbluberry

The first couple of minutes was very sharpe smelling then it mellows into this gentle soapy rose. I really dig it. This has been something I've been searching for. It's well balanced, all the notes work harmoniously. Usually you find something you like about a scent but wished there was a little something something or something is lacking but you can't put your finger on. This is simple and sheer perfection.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

Oh my god. New signature fragrance, hands down. This is easily the most gorgeous, classy, REALISTIC fragrance I've ever seen from such a brand as Balenciaga.

For years now, I've been longing for a heavy, natural, rose smell that still retains the green qualities of a fresh cut plant...Chloe is much too dainty for my tastes, especially since I like a heavy scent that makes a statement. And the rest of the fragrances out there follower trends too adherently, making them boring and listless.

But this scent..it's FRESH, outstanding, bold, clean, and gorgeous. It doesn't have many components, so it's very easy to notice each one and appreciate each one, even though the rose and carnation notes take over.

The projection is fantastic, and it lasts several hours on me. It's nice to have such a clean, fresh burst of natural florals in this dry, cold winter months.

I purchased the 3.4 ounce, and it was DEFINITELY worth every penny.

Muneca
Muneca

Sophisticated, floral, feminine, fresh. Love it!! This really has the home-grown rose from your garden smell = it's genuine. This was an unexpected delight considering how it's being marketed (i.e. young and dangerous).

taravdd
taravdd

At first, the scent is strong and musky to the point where I did not like it. As it died down, it is a lovely soapy rose smell that goes get for everyday wear. I would suggest it more of a day scent than night scent.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

This is the kind of scent that grows on you. Very fresh, uplifting, a bit vintage with soapy undertones. I get the carnation and mint when first sprayed, then the rose in the drydown. Carnations remind me my childhood when my mom used to grow them in our garden. I've never smelled carnation in any perfume before, and the rendition in Florabotanica is pleasantly accurate.
I was first attracted to the psychedelic/70's looking package, then pleasantly surprised upon trying it on my skin!... It's very different, the kind of scent that makes you feel light, feminine and puts you in a positive mood!.... However, I can get that to some, it can be a wee too flowery, especially if you're more into fruity/sweet smells. Nonetheless,I think it's a perfect scent for spring! Very long lasting too.

annettepe
annettepe

i actually really really like this! it reminds me a lot of the previous Balenciaga perfumes but this one is more clean, soapy and floral. Its very simple and girly. can be considered sophisticated since its soft and inoffensive.

I can really smell the roses strongly in the opening and after it develops into a mixture of other florals with a slight soft amber in the base. the dry down is the part where it really reminds me of clean florally soap in the best way possible. i think this scent is appropriate for any occasion but personally for me it would be a day time scent since its not something strong or that noticeable, which is something i prefer for a special occasion or when going out at night.

misscareyann
misscareyann

Very clean, soapy floral. Feels great right after a shower. The rose is very well blended in the composition and doesn't overpower the perfume. I would glady invest in a full bottle of Florabotanica. It is invigorating and energizing, yet comforting. This fragrance will work for office, going out, or a quiet day at home. Very versatile. Perfectly named Florabotanica.

Fresh pink rose. Subtly green, but I can't honestly say it's mint. If there is any vetyver in there, I don't detect it. This reminds me very much of Happ & Stahns Rose Alba. I had high expectations for something creative and intense coming from such a cool bottle, but there is nothing new or exciting about Florabotanica. Rose soliflores have been around probably for thousands of years.

Such a nice bottle. It seemed so promising. But I just got a moderate unspectacular flower scent from it. Not of my likes.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

On me, this is horrible, like body odor and marijuana. (I went to a hippie-stoner friendly college. It smells like the courtyard between the dorms late at night.) Doesn't work with my skin chemistry at ALL.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

Very, very similar to Rykiel Woman. I bought a 7 oz bottle of Florabotanica. The dry down of flora is softer and sweeter, maybe the mint. I do like it and it's growing on me..good staying power. I have to admit that I dismissed it earlier this afternoon but am liking it more six hours plus later.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I was drawn to the striking bottle and wasn't sure what to expect. I was really surprised by the fresh floral and now that I've seen the ingredient list, I gotta say the mint is very noticeable. A fresh herbal mint, not the candy-like fake mint in a candy. I must try this on my skin next, to see how it fares.

Catty
Catty

Very original scent...really a great floral creation!!!

For me, it´s not a oriental floral, but only a floral with a strong personality. It stands out by itself.

Each floral accord is intensive, but exquisetly created in the right proportion.

Really great!

annahaener
annahaener

I love the botlle and the smell of fresh laundy or after shower smell - smell of cleam body. Totally in love with it!!!

delphine67
delphine67

I actualy like this scent. It opens fresh and rosy with a hint of to my nose, like chamomille. Its not listed as a note but it reminds me of that. I dont reconize the carnation and mint note in this. But the dry down I love the most, a rosy vetiver like smell appears that could be the younger sister of Chanel no 19. The amber is also there but not prominent. I say its a green floral scent instead of a oriental.
For me a must buy

HLVTCA09
HLVTCA09

really nice fragrance, nothing special tho. smells like you just showered with a rose soap... yeah thats pretty much it.. rose and soap... nice refreshing scent

sweetberry25
sweetberry25

today my bf brought me this perfume for christmas, i loved the box and the bottle (my mom loved it too)
its scent is so fresh !! when i first wear it i totally can smell the mint
the blend its so nice that you dont feel anything strange about it,
its eccentric and modern perfume absolutely!!
and then the carnation and herbs, its not so floral on me but airy and light, i would recommend it for young women 20-28yo as a day casual perfum during Spring...

ciotty
ciotty

I bought this tonight.After smelling thousand different bottle all with the same style, fruity-white floral-sweet...FLORABOTANICA surprises me.
I think you don't have to think about the notes in it, you just have to try it and smell it on your skin.It's a feeling, something different, fresh in a vintage way.
It reminds me of something..but don't know what.
It has personality!

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

I find the smell really original. Smells like natural to me. Safe and with no sharp notes. I definetly really like it.

nni
nni

I desperately want the full size bottle of this, as i only own a sample :(
It is a very clean, floral, laundry scent, but still very feminine. i could sniff it all day!! :) :)

mineko
mineko

urmmm....any store in MALAYSIA,,,??

anniemaria
anniemaria

At first it's so fresh and innocent, the rose is intense but somehow more complex than the average rose fragrance. It's also green and very natural, you can easily picture the roses and plants the scent is based on. It's like they thought not only the actual rose was beautiful, but the entire plant.
The sillage is just enough I think, not enough to give headaches but there's those pleasant hints of the perfume at times.
After a few hours I think the rose is still intense, although more elegant and reserved. The spice of the carnation balances the green, cool notes and gives it more life. The final drydown has a minty rose scent, it's fresh but still inviting and feminine.
I think it's a wonderful fragrance, seems simple at first but it's surprisingly nuanced and mysterious. Like it wants to tell those who'll listen closely enough a secret. This might be my favourite perfume ever, so far.

The_Entity
The_Entity

I wouldnt say I love this, but I do like. At first spray, just run of the mill floral. But the dry down, I pick up the mint, and it stops being boring. Lasts the whole day through.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I'm impressed. I was a little apprehensive while awaiting the delivery of my blind gift from a friend, since many people seemed to immensely dislike this offering from Balenciaga. Fresh, gentle buds of roses blooming out of the bottle, followed by sprays of mint and bundles of vetyver. But wait...a slightly powdery amber follows the fresh floral and green notes. The notes live in harmony well into the drydown where it mostly lingers as the amber base. Sillage medium and longevity is remarkable really. All in all, a lovely surprise and very much FB worthy. I like it most because I honestly find it unique, as others have remarked before. It is a gentle and elegant scent, yet not colourless or cold. A wonderful mixture of ingredients. I agree with Happyme2009 who described this as a bottled Avatar...it is delightfully strange and strangely delightful. Give it a try.

Wonderfugl
Wonderfugl

This is a wonderful smell. On me the inital impression is a marvellous explosion of roses that seem completely *like* roses. Most rose-perfume lacks the watery and fleeting quality of the smell of the rose, that makes you want to chase it but you're never really able to catch and fixate it. Florabotanica succeeds at that exact thing: encapsuling the exquisite yet still fleeting and fresh cool smell of the rose. The rose is not heavy and not too sweet, like most rosewater.
A bi-note to the rose is the carnation, that dances along the edge of the rose smell, but is more of a spicy accent that is almost undistinguishable yet still very present.

On me the scent stays pretty much the same throughout the drydown - rose being the most prominent smell. It also lasts very long on me - yesterday it didn't fade off until almost 8-9 hours later, and at that point a very subtle but still noticable smell of fresh mint lingered. So wonderful.

Overall a very pleasant and friendly smell. Young but complex and demanding attention.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

'Uninhibited & Intruiging...Bewitching' are the words I use to describe Florabotanica.

I was neither impressed nor phased by its scent at first. But over time I grew to be astonished, as its scent began to uncover and unravel. It's like a scent that takes time to reveal itself.

A floral scent indeed. The green notes give it an 'ethereal' touch - preventing it from becoming too sweet.
Carnation is an interesting floral counterpart to Rose - they go suprisingly well together.

Reminds me of a cleaner, less cloying version of Paris Yves St Laurent. The drydown is remarkably similar to Chloe.

For those who initially didn't like this - please give it time, and its bewitching scent will allure you...

po
po

Florabotanica is at least unusual. Not complicated but still charming. It's the realistic smell of an aromatic green herb garden, very refreshing. Personally, I don't get the rose. I can smell fresh herbs, a touch of peppery carnation as time goes by and a hint of vetiver. Sillage and longevity are very reasonable. If you're looking for a modern fresh and energizing fragrance consider this one.

iremk
iremk

this perfume has so many secrets to be reveiled; you really feel yourself like you are having a day off in an exotic arberatum and all the floras leave their scents on you..and it smells different each time you wear it, ı dont know how, but it does this...

twillocks
twillocks

This is interesting scent. I cannot decide whether or not I like it on me. I get the rose. . . something smells burnt. Not sure.

Vklajic
Vklajic

Floral yet very fresh scent at the same time. If you like both floral and fresh fragrances this one you have to try!! Easy to wear and not overpowering. Longevity is great on me. The bottle is amazing and so is the packaging, which is what caught my eye. The packaging sums up the fragrance. Makes you feel like you're walking through a large jungle of flowers. The dry down is very unusual, but I like it. I don't know if its just my opinion but I feel like the dry down also gives off a masculine scent. This fragrance is definitely for day time, althought I feel like it could be used for summer/spring nights. I personally don't wear fragrances based on seasons, rather on my mood and preference that day, and will wear this perfume year long, day and night. Although I feel like this fragrance won't be memorable to some, there is something mysterious about it I still cannot pin point. Its one of those perfumes that is light, unique, and makes you wanting more because its so interesting.

UPDATE: I am in LOVE with this fragrance. People on the streets and bus probably look at me weird because I keep smelling my wrists every 2 seconds haha. The longevity is around 8 hours on me, if not more, and I can still smell it lightly on my skin and hair in the morning. Absolutely beautiful!! I received so many compliments while wearing this. Although I can't smell it, my friends have told me it leaves a nice trail when I walk by them.

Very unique, beautiful creation by Balenciaga, , lots of great floral notes, including a lovely carnation undertone, like walking through a glass house of fresh flowers, it is distinctive, elegant, classy yet with a modern twist. You have to be a floral lover to wear it, but a fine tuned nose will recognize the deep quality of the scent. This is timeless as any age could enjoy that lovely perfume.
As for me it isnt exactly what I feel comfortable wearing. It is too big a scent for my taste.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Tried this on paper-stick, and got an overwhelming Nivea-like bodylotion kinda scent. Luckily, I tried it on later, but this time on my wrist. It smells fantastic! I have never smelled any fragrances like this. Usually I am not a rose-lover at all, but this Florabotanica's rose is a dry, frosty type, which I adore. At the same time it is fresh and minty in a weird way. The drydown reminds me of the first Balenciaga-fragrance, but this is more light and young. And the drydown does have that Nivea-lotion feeling as well.

Bottle is so cute and 70's :) The box is stunning as well, but don't match the bottle at all. Unfortunately it is so expensive (I've bought the 30 ml.). My favorite-fragrance is Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, and this one could easily be another favorite of mine. Such a pity that they both carry such a massive pricetag :(

This opens with a strong lush rose, tempered by green notes. This is cool and frosty, a lovely floral green. As the scent warms to your skin, there is a mild pepperiness that develops, which I think comes from the carnation. The drydown becomes more green and peppery as the rose fades. Overall, a green floral that you won't smell on everyone. I like it.

hunterblu

Just changed my like to a love. I have been living with a large sample for the last couple weeks and I have decided I love this. Rather unique. Will purchase FB very soon!

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I suprisingly really love this. Could be that I just dig florals (well probably...lol) But I do find it very well rounded and lovely floral. Rose is quite out front but I find it to be quite refreshing.

What I found I enjoyed most is smelling this the next day. yeah, its one of THOSE types of scents!

The mint doesn't jump out at me on skin though I can certainly smell it. The base notes help keep this scent from becoming a screecher.

On occassion I get a whiff of an unlit mentholated cigarette. I don't doubt its the mint and the vetiver (because on me, vetiver can sometimes smell smoky) But I find I don't mind the mix at all. I thought it was quite interesting to be honest! No one else around me ever made any sort of connection (including my partner)

If someone likes sweet candy type frags, this likely won't be the frag they want. But floral lovers should certainly sample it. Longevity is great, sillage also great, though care should be taken to not overspray. On me I find 2 sprays to be plenty.

I'm adding an edit to this because I really smell something in this thats peachy. I don't know whats listed is all the notes or not, but I'm smelling more than whats above.

Trvevil
Trvevil

Hehe nice bottle. All in all it turned to be dissappointing.

First of all it smelled flowery, just plain and simple - it does smell kind of powdery and even dusty. The rose is main theme, but it's not your average rose - it's hit by vetiver and some mints to freshen up (or make it more sharp). I don't notice much carnations.

It smells kind of thick, intense, I think it's a bit of a headache inducer. Positive moment - it's not a f/f and smells of crushed leaf if I stick my nose near it. Not my style of fragrance, I think it's somewhat similar to Red Jeans and Loud and a little bit to Dahlia Noir.

persefoni
persefoni

i tried this yesterday and was impressed... Actually i think Balenciaga made a very innovative, very original, very uplifting smell here..

At first it reminded me of sun lotion (nivea, perhaps) but the way this smelled in the past, very nostalgic-romantic-tranquil.

The flowers are truly detectable, but only as a background. To me the strongest were the caladium leaves, the amber and the vetiver.

A wonderful smell, and particularly long lasting. I can understand that some people will love it while some will loathe it, due perhaps to its strong projection. Personally, i was enchanted. A very different scent!

Helsinki
Helsinki

Oh dear, after Balenciaga's marvelous, elegant, melancholic, and addicting L'Essence, this was a real disappointment. This one is very, very bad. It's like opening a face lotion bottle that expired ten years ago. I'm surprised so many people love this!

I think it's the carnation that ruins the scent completely. However, the rose is really pretty in this one.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Similar to Intimately Beckham Night. Beautiful 70's style bottle. Sadly, this one is disappointing. There is a sharp masculine note in this that punches you in the gut. A guy could easily wear this.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Tried this on a recommendation and I'm very glad I did, even though I didn't love it. (Though Happyme2009, I see why you do!)
This is one well made fragrance. It is blended immaculately well. A wonderful green rose scent, clean, natural, not bitter at all. The things I had feared from the pyramid - that the carnation would make it too spicy, that the mint would be a disjointed note - were ungrounded. It has a clear and pure kind of feeling to it, linear on me, but it's one of those cases when linear is good.
An extremely versatile scent, easily professional, fresh enough for warm weather and comfy enough for cooler weather. I hated the bottle even more in person personally, but the box is pretty. Very well done and definitely worth testing, especially if you like rose scents and even if you don't.

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

I tried it today. I must say I'm impressed! Not necessarily because I want it for myself but because I think it's a very unique and unusual scent. It's really herbal, I get a lot of mint and amber combined with the classic sweetness of carnation. It's contemporary but not an "in fashion" perfume. I thought my "quite-with-a-kick" mum would like it, I left the tester on the table and after a while I heard: "Now THAT'S a nice smell"!! I imagine a beautiful archaelogist, with a safari inspired outfit, a cosmopolitan- intellectual woman wearing it on a trip to Egypt!
P.S. Try to blend it with a tiny tiny tiny drop of opium edt (the new edition)! Totally vintage, exquisite, extraordinary, stylish, womanly scent!

sweetgirl

very nauseating...scent...yeah ..its fresh and all...like a blonde girl all wealthy..strolling through saks and nordstrom store..shopping with her 800 dollar shades on...but after awhile..she starts smelling cheap...and looking cheap..but spending expensive....it stinks sorry!

piapedersen
piapedersen

This is a really wonderful fragrance! I tried it this morning at the store and I found it hard to leave without buying it ;O) So now I know what I want for Christmas.

AssMaster3000
AssMaster3000

I absolutley LOVE this perfume. The bottle and juice are simply astounding. Normally a perfume with such emphasis on floral notes really puts me off, but this perfume somehow overcomes these anomalies. The rose is greets you with a beautiful, blossoming opening note while the carnation helps to keep it from being too overpowering. Then once the florals have had their burst, the mint kicks in and balances out the floweryness leaving it refreshing and light.

Even though I may be a man, I'm always recieving compliments when wearing this fragrance - from men and women alike! It's been designed as a womens fragrance, but the subtlety of the flowers in the dry down make this a very wearable fragrance for both guys and girls.

vanessa.james.69
vanessa.james.69

I like Kristen Stewart and I really really love this fragrance. It's so DIFFERENT. It's addicting too, I can't keep myself from smelling it over and over again. I've gotten so many compliments when I wear this. LOVE IT! New favorite. :)

VqueenLeigh
VqueenLeigh

This is such a new exciting fragrance nothing like this on the market I've ever smelt, as we all know most fragrance are very fruity floral which is nice but not different and it very refreshing to have something truly different and to me delightful. Its very original the image of advertising.
Firstly the design of bottle very 60's modern something. With the whole striped wallpaper look from the 60's.
It doesn't go with whats inside. And what inside this is what I imagine when I smell Florabotanica.

It beautiful and immaculate floral. Its like the first of the flowers blooming brightly on a crisp clear sunny Spring day. Florabotantic a modern clean floral a nice soapness almost like deodrant on me. And lucky for me the notes I get when I smell this, stays the same throughout the day.Yeah!
The rose is more fresher (not powdery and yes I love my granny's perfume) and the mint and vetiver work so well together and makes it clean. Loving this getting it for christmas. Thank You Balenciga! i love your perfume.

Kitty48
Kitty48

I'm loving this one! Normally I avoid rose like the plague, but this beauty is subtle and doesn't hit me in the face at all. There is a trace of rose scented pot pourri on dry down, but this works for me - again not something that usually happens with rose.
I don't get carnation at all from this, but I am getting fresh and spicy and lots of it.
All in all this is a change from the overly sweet and fruity offerings that abound at the moment, it's fresh and modern and certainly stands out from the crowd!

panda0410
panda0410

This fragrance is really impressive, and probably one of cleanest modern true florals floating around shelves currently. I was totally expecting to dislike this, Im not a rose or floral fan, yet I was positively impressed by this fragrance. Vetiver and carnation keeps this fragrance oriental, but the mint keeps it clean and fresh and ever so slightly green, like an early dewy morning garden - and under that a beautiful proper floral base. Will definitely be on my future purchase list, another wonderful gem from Balenciaga.

cherie97
cherie97

I've waited long to get to know this scent.
So dissapointed.
Old-fashioned, heavy rose smell. I almost cough when I think about it. Don't get me wrong, the beginning was quite ok. But then... everything became heavy, old lady like. Too strong, too heavy for my taste. It's totally a rose smell, nothing more.
I love roses and it's smell. But this one makes me hate them.
No love for Balenciaga this time.
Awful.

melissa

strange.....I tried this again and it smells totally different from before. I can smell faint hints of the mint and rose- mixed with the hemp and vetiver. Each time I smell it, I can smell the different layers. It is long-lasting too. Glad I tried it again. It is an unusual smell, but I have ended up liking it. May have to purchase after all.

melissa

I got a sample of this and on my skin it smelled like one of the classic avon fragrances called Candid. It smelled really good on the paper strip at Nordstrom. I am hoping that it changes the longer I wear it because I really wanted to buy it.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

Too rosey, too soapy, too heavy!No!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

The nature in the movie Avatar captured in a bottle... remember all those incredible plants and flowers? the pulsating jungle? I bought today, I couldn't resist... Really unique, don't believe the negative reviews until you try for yourself. Needs a distinguishing nose and subtlety to be appreciated fully. A matter of nuance and more than anything else. Beautiful in a natural kind of way. Flowers at their best, dewy, fresh, green, a garden after rain, full of life, squirming with creatures and plants... Very raw yet refined. ... haven't smelled anything like this recently. It could easily fit into the Jardin series from Hermes, it has a very similar character.
Although clean and fresh, I smell absolutely no soap here. I hate soapy scents and luckily I cannot detect any... I wonder if this is skin chemistry, because I see many people saying that it's soapy. Well, not on me.
The bottle is very modern, a little too urban for my taste; the box pretty, and I find that the scent matches the box design more than the bottle. The silage is average with average to good lasting power. Addictive and enchanting, it's like a fairytale that a child has heard for the first time and cannot get enough of it, there are little mysteries behind everything that happens. Definitely makes me think of innocence and a dreamy world.... it's a calm perfume and despite the fact that it lacks the "wow" factor, still manages to surprise in a delicate ways. Roses, orange blossoms, green spices and fresh herbs (mint, sage, basil maybe) , wet dirt and wet woods, fresh air, serenity. Total love for me!

busik
busik

Smell of caps jam rose pink. But more interesting than it sounds, there is an air-plant odor. Rose is very interesting, I like this. This is a delicate rose garden, not scarlet and purple. In the summer at the time! Sorry to go all worthwhile autumn, winter. I also think is very suitable for doctors, something medical is in the smell.

magda14012

I have been wearing it for the past 2 weeks since I got my hands on a bottle. It is so unusual in comparison to most of the newcomers.
I am really really happy its not mainstream
as I want it all to myself.

hunterblu

A soapy rose with a decent helping of carnation (not just the flowers but the stems and leaves as well). There is a dryness from the vetiver and a bit of a sharp, green, herbal note from the mint (a tad bit peppery). All this on a nice amber base. I like it. It is rather fresh, and stands on it's own when compared to the majority of new fragrances from the last couple years.

One thing that is not mentioned in it's description or notes...the rose is a very soapy rose and maybe a touch powdery.

I would normally think of this being an early spring scent but somehow it absolutely works for autumn. Brings a fresh, green and lively feeling to my cool, brown and dry days (October in Northern California).

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This is a very pretty scent that still hints @ the powdery like quality you'll find in Balenciaga Paris, && this is probably just my nose but b/c of the rose && powdery-ness it has an undertone that reminds me faintly of Burberry Body, I said that to the SA && she was all like oh no no no, I said ugh well it smells like it to my nose that's what I'm getting (some SA's make me laugh)...any-who it's very lovely scent but b/c it reminded of body it's nothing new to me I also feel it compatible to his Paris he seems to have a trend of florally powdery scents. Longevity is pretty darn good even after I sanitized my hands (with scented sanitizer) it didn't even change it just broke though && still smelled the same. The projection's pretty fantastic! The packaging is beautiful the bottle is fun && funky, deff. worth a try! :)

Overall: 9/10

sweetgirl

I agree, it's a scrubber, had to wash this horrible scent off! Eww!

bagbas
bagbas

My first Balenciaga and I loved it! normally flowery scents dont stay long on my skin but surprise: this one does and smells great! It gives me a nice kick during these dark, rainy days and makes me feel happy!

Rose Hip

I read all your comments and have to say I don't like the bottle very much - it totally does not remind me of flowers and/or gardens or botanica! :))
I just guess with that bottle the house was trying to attract younger audience.
However, the smell I absolutely love! And I think it is designed for any woman that is elegant irrespective of her age. Elegant, successful, modern. But loves classics. I don't think women think of themselves in terms of age: with your style, clothes and smell you just make a statement. The statment Florabotanica makes, in my opinion, is: I am successful and strong but at the same time feminine and classy.

Another thing: why I looked at the box of the perfume on a shelf anyway. Because it has lovely colours and flowers (was grey and raining on that day) and it is NOT NOIR like everything else today!:) It surely aims to stand out. Makes a woman stand out in a crowd of autumny noirs. Great idea!

antonpan
antonpan

This is really one of the best releases of the year. What I do appreciate here is the natural character of the components. Rose in Florabotanica is honest, green and sparkling, and it smells modern in a way like rose has to smell in 2012. The scent is not so mature as Chloe but it is not fruity or synthetic or sweet as most of contemporary fragrances. I do like Florabotanica.

Marie76

Beautiful, elegant, sharp but full floral fragrance, not sweet, not bitter nor dry.
The edge is given, in my opinion, by the strong mint note. It reminds me of the coffee note in Noa, it gives it its personality. In Noa the rest of the notes (mainly peony) are a bit of a let down, but in Florabotanica they stand their own.
This is definitely a day fragrance, it doesn't have much in terms of hidden depths or warmth, but I'm planning on a buying a big bottle and using it for work. To walk in this fragrance is to walk in a green and solitary garden at dawn.

jonr951

Ok, I FINALLY saw the bottle in person today and I NEED it! I absolutely NEED it and it's probably my favorite bottle in a very long time! Maybe even EVER!!! Why oh why don't I LOVE the scent more?!!! I have to force myself to love it if I want to ever actually purchase it! Would it be the worst thing in the world to buy a fragrance just for the bottle? Haha! : )

danielellarby
danielellarby

There is one word that would describe Florabotanica, very satisfying. I'm so happy because when I sAW the strange, modern looking bottle I thought, this looks interesting. But when I smelt it on my mom, I thought, wow! This perfume completely stands out from the new perfumes becuase it's NOT BUTTER SWEET!

I love the florals in it, very green...very satisfying as a whole.

GOOD JOB BALENCIAGA!

cute tee
cute tee

Love it:-)

magda14012

I received it today as a gift. The packaging is fab and the bottle is a heavy glass designed with a modern twist. I absolutely love its clean lines, it is a statement on its own. Must admit I am into green flowery fragrances and this one fits perfectly. It is like a bunch of fresh cut flowers from the garden, still covered in the morning mist. It is not a typical floral though, the drydown is darker, woody and mossy.

cronai
cronai

I confess: I couldn't resist the bottle. I had to have it, even if I wasn't madly in love with the fragrance.

I've had it for over a month now and it has grown on me.

It is nice and fresh, something I wouldn't mind smelling on someone else on a crowded lift. The perfect perfume to wear when you don't want to bother about the scent you have on -- considering, of course, that there is such a possibility.

Geronimo7
Geronimo7

Very different to what I'm used to. I must say that it was not at all what I was expecting, but a very pleasant surprise. Kristen was a PERFECT pick for the scent (beautiful, youthful, and unique), well done Balenciaga. I can see why it was aimed towards a younger audience, but it still has that classic/elegant touch to it. Whatever you do, spray minimally.. It has the potential to give a migraine if too much is applied. I have no complaints, I love this perfume right down to the bottle! A lot of people have been saying that this fragrance reminds them of someone who is loudly confident, but in my opinion it doesn't have to be. When smelling this, I think of not only elegance, but innocence as well.

flora lee
flora lee

A strange experience. Awesome bottle, I will gladly keep it for that, but I think I'll only wear this when I need some "Scentertainment" (my new word) at home and not for others. Soft rose soft soap and weird sharp bug spray green. Almost minty at times. First time I've used bug spray to describe a perfume but that's what I smell.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I ripped open the shipping box from Neiman's and took out my lovely and beautiful box of Flora Botanica.
The box itself is a work of modern art. So lovely- it looks like a modern rendition of the Garden of Eden. You expect a snake to stick it's head out of the flora at any moment. Then the bottle is even better with the red glass side and the black lines. Lets you know the scent will have an "edge."

I love the herbal, minty vetiver that hits you first with this scent. Smells like a garden in the morning with all those green leaves waking up with their sharp scents. There is carnation in the opening, too and then the flowers come out more in the drydown. I like this and it will probably become my go to work perfume. I'm rather tired of all the too sweet florals popular now and this has a fresh and different vibe. My normal work perfume is a rather dry iris and this will be a nice change-up. Flora Botanica smells vintage to me, reminds me a bit of the original Estee Lauder's 1975 Aliage with its green notes. I would recommend Flora Botanica to anyone who likes green, fresh, herbal fragrances along with their florals.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

Fresh, feminine, easy-to-wear, long lasting. It's like a bunch of fresh carnations. I loved the smell of carnations so much when I was a kid that my father grew them especially for me. Never have I smelled a fragrance that captures their natural smell with such accuracy. No wonder I love this fragrance.
I love the bottle too. It's modern and very original. The box is absolutely beautiful and reminds of an herbarium book.
Apparently it is aimed at a younger audience...well, I wish my high school students smelled like Florabotanica instead of over-sugary fragrances that, mixed together, create a indescribable suffocating atmosphere!
Well-done Balenciaga! You're true to your reputation!

mediterranean
mediterranean

Finally something new that is not fruity floral. Original, modern,green and flowery. The beginning is almost entirely green and sharp but the dry down reminds me of Parissienne, very rosy.I find this is something I can share with my daughter.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Wow - I was surprised by how good this is! A really different fragrance - fresh, green and exhilarating. It is very linear and does not develop much but it has tremendous staying power. That opening rich green blast just keeps going for hours. I wish it had been available in the UK during the brief period of hot weather this summer - but it's so good and so interesting I can see it being worn all year.

Let me add - I do not smell mint at all! I hate mint in perfume - and I love this! Sprayed on a scarf over 30 hours ago and it still smells great. After many disappointments ( cough, coco noir) - most unusual and interesting frag this year!

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

This is a mix of Lancome Oui ,Sunflowers by Liz Arden, and Polo sport woman..nothing special, nice however.

maen
maen

Is true, has something of the Chloé 2008 edition, without the too powdery note. Is very natural smell, I can perceive the carnation and mainly the rose mixed with a hint of mint, green notes and a bit bit of amber.
All together makes it like if You were in a botanic garden, as They suggest.
Is a long lasting scent, fits very good with the skin. Young, because is radiant and modern. Really a nice floral.
Bottle is more beautiful in reality.

jonr951

I finally smelled this one at Nordies today! It smells like Chloe(2008) to me! I MUCH prefer the original Paris but boy do I LOVE that bottle! They only had the lab tester so I have yet to see that beauty in person.

Does anyone else get a Burberry Body vibe from this one?! Because I am and I officially won't ever be needing a bottle of this one. : )

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

The name is very fitting. Its like walking through a garden full of flowers. I don't Smell any amber.

When it dries down its verrrrry familiar to Beyonce Pulse Summer Edition. Less flowery and more summery smelling. I think what this needed was Sonera Vanilla or Some woods to balance this out and really drive the point home but the more it dries down the more I like it

Florabotanica by Cristobal Balenciaga 3.67 out of 5 based on 982 ratings and 235 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cristobal Balenciaga Florabotanica fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cristobal Balenciaga Florabotanica, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Florabotanica by Cristobal Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Florabotanica by Cristobal Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.