Designers » C » Floral Green « Groups

Rosabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women

Rosabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women
dislike

Rosabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Videos
Rosabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures Rosabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures Rosabotanica Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures

Rosabotanica is the second flower in the Balenciaga magical garden founded with Florabotanica perfume from 2012. Rosabotanica presents its fresh version with a touch of sheerness and second skin feeling.

This floral fragrance is based on spicy rose. It opens with crystal accents of blue hyacinth and milky green character of fig leaf, refreshed by petitgrain. Rose in this composition reveals its sparkling and herbal facets increased by bitter drops of grapefruit and spicy cardamom and pink pepper. The base is composed of white amber, cedar, vetiver, patchouli and clean woody notes.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Rosabotanica was launched in 2013.

Hyacinth Fig Leaf Petitgrain

Rose Pink Pepper Cardamom Grapefruit

White Amber Cedar Vetiver Patchouli Woodsy Notes

Un Jardin En Mediterranee
Hedera

Rosabotanica Fragrance Reviews

christinavictory
christinavictory

cute bottle, but the scent makes me gag :(

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Pretty amazing. Smells like botanical garden full of exotic roses... Steamy air inside of a green house, mixed with a smell of damp soil. Because of that it sort of reminds me of Eden by Cacharel. But it's much more delicate, much more complex. Very floral, but in a good, realistic kind of way. Unusual for sure.
Face of the perfume, actress Kristen Stewart, does not suit to them at all. I'm so happy I tried them despite that.

Vintage_Kitten
Vintage_Kitten

While I was in Paris two Springs ago, I kept smelling this certain scent. I'm still not sure if it was the flowers, the perfume the women wore on the metro, or just hints of the unfamiliar smell of the Mediterranean. Almost immediately, it filled my heart with longing to emulate this feeling I had every time I caught the cool, complicated, yet fun, woodsy and floral scent.

On the last leg of my trip I bemoaned the fact that while I seemed to smell it everywhere, I went I had no idea how to find this quintessential perfume. A kind sister of a friend offered to take me shopping the morning of our flight home and I found Hermes 'Un Jardin En Mediterranee', which until now, brought me the closest to the perfume I had been looking for.

Fast forward two years, in which time I'd not stopped thinking about my trip and that amazing scent. I was at Sephora, thinking maybe I'd buy the not- quite-right Hermes again, but then saw the unusual Balenciaga bottle, covered in it's stripes and darkly erotic fairy tale flowers. On a whim, I took what I thought would be a casual sniff. Whoa. This was it. I turned to my husband, almost in tears, and told him "This, this! This is what Paris smells like".

LizzieBea
LizzieBea

I'm curious as to why they named this one Rosabotanica, because there is hardly any rose in it at all. If you ignore that, however, and judge it on its on merits, this is a great perfume. The fig leaf is most prominent to my nose, and it blends with the rest of the perfume's gard in a fascinating way. I find myself inhaling deeply throughout the day, and I only wish it lasted a bit longer.

amna723
amna723

This is a really deep, rich almost masculine scent. Overall it's mainly spicy and peppery with just a touch of florals. I think it's perfect for a fancy night or a party but the scent is a little too much for everyday. It smells really pretty but it does smell pretty familiar to me, I feel like there are a few other perfumes with a scent similar to this but can't quite remember which ones.

myrna_minkoff
myrna_minkoff

Rosabotanica smells quite like raw spring honey (honey is harvested in spring, summer & late summer, each with a distinctively different smell and taste). Spring honey has a peppery green finish, like this lovely fresh scent.

But unlike many other Fragraticans below, I find ENORMOUS rose... but it is mingled with menthol, which obscures and complicates the rose.

Refreshing and unique, with huge interest.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

These are the notes that I can smell which are totally different to the ones in the pyramid and indeed in the description given by the perfume house itself.
The opening is a beautiful effervescent, lemony and grapefruit citrus which is enhanced by a herbal, almost pine like note further enhanced by a sweet woodyness. The grapefruit is slightly bitter and complements the peppery opening.
This is a gorgeous fresh start to a wonderful journey into a Spanish orchard in midsummer, when the fruit is ripe and ready for the picking and the smell of harvesting is in the air.
Rose??? I'm trying very hard to smell rose since I am a rose lover, (my perfume wardrobe should tell you that) but try as hard as I might, I cannot get a rose note.
The fact that there is no rose is not a problem to me as this perfume is astoundingly beautiful and I mean that in all sincerity.
This is a stunning fragrance! It surrounds you with the most discreet freshness and unique green aroma of spicy, herbal, citrus florals. It boarders on the sweet but misses it slightly. Indeed, the sweetness that I mention to you, may be misleading since this is a very natural sweetness and not at all sugary or synthetic.

One Fragrantican said that this is a complex perfume which needs handling well and I couldn't agree more. This is a complex and intoxicating journey which I am so glad to have taken and the memory of it will surely induce me to purchase a FB in the future.

cherie97
cherie97

It's a suprising creation, full of misunderstandings. The first thing you can get fooled by is it's name. The scent has NOTHING to do with rose. If there's a rose in Rosabotanica, it's an imaginary rose.

It opens up spicy and light, with a lot of cedar from the very beginning.
It's herbal-like, peppery-floral, that creates an image of rainy forest in your mind - a forest that is both sweltering and fresh, a forest filled with cedar wood scent and hybrid flowers.

As the time goes by, the cedar scent soaks with forest rain, and the fragrance becomes quiet and peaceful.

It's an unique creation, niche-like, very beautiful. Rosabotanica developes amazingly, and it's a pleasure to take this journey.

Although it is such pleasure to sniff, it's not so easy to wear. It needs a lot of courage and imagination. It's not an easy pick, I wouldn't wear this myself, but I definitely enjoy this creation, especially the drydown - it's almost magical.

It beats Florabotanica to me, I really can appreciate this masterpiece.
The bottle is beautiful too.
The only mistake is the name. It should be called like the previous scent (and Florabotanica smells like rose indeed, so they should just switch names).

maltatude
maltatude

I don't recommend buying this one blind. Contrary to what others have put here - the rose is barely there, if at all. I am unsure why people are getting a rose note when its more of a green, leafy floral note.

I found this to be sharp and it didn't improve as it continued. I think this will really be marvelous on others, but I don't see the connection between the name and the juice - roses dont take centre stage at all (I am a very big rose fan). Comments that it is fresh is on the mark, but rather than a aquatic/ozonic fresh it is a sharper, citrus mingling with green floral notes.

Definitely try it because I think some people will love this one to death, but rose afficionados may feel it falls short...

Ghosty
Ghosty

For the first couple of hours it smells exactly like Un Jardin En Mediterranee Hermes, but then very strony rose scent is noticeable. Good longevity, however sillage is quite poor - sits close to the skin.

Wonderfugl
Wonderfugl

I love Florabotanica and I loved the original bottle, but I do not care for this at all: neither scent nor bottle.

To me the scent is nothing but a blast of sweetly-green fig with citrus deep inside. I have still to wait for further drydown, but so far - 2 hours in - it's still just the fig and that sizzling sour thing deep at the back of my nose that is the citrus. I almost provokes saliva, like real lemon juice does as you squeeze it. Not pleasant to me at all. And I am a lemon lover.

Also: I get absolutely no rose. At all. Nothing rosy at all, in fact. So the name comfuses me a lot, too.

Elenany
Elenany

The bottle is amazing and I loved Florabotanica already - so I had to try it out. What I loved about Florabotanica was that it did not have this mainstream touch to it. unfortunately Rosabotanica does have it…I can't really say what it is, but it might be just the green notes in the beginning that ruined it for me..well, anyways, I might give it another try, I guess I was expecting something more risky from Balenciaga here.

lovescents999
lovescents999

I feel so lucky that my skin chemistry gets the best out of this gorgeous scent! It's blasting with the sweet pepper in the opening, with a little bit of rose right behind it. Yes, it is green. Green fig leaves, which I love. It lasts on me all day and I keep getting compliments for hours from both men and women. Sillage is amazing! I really didn't expect this fragrance to be as beautiful, especially after trying Florabotanica which wasn't impressive at all. Rosabotanica is fresh and spicy at the same time, and very feminine.

When I saw THIS bottle, I had to try it:)
Unfortunately, scent is very greenish. I can smell mostly green leaves, grass, and something quite bitter.
However, my skin is totally incompatible with pure green scents. So, if you like green scents, try it. I really envy anyone who has skin chemistry for this fragrance. Because of this gorgeous bottle, of course!

pauluch3
pauluch3

This is one of the most interesting fragrances that have been released recently. Yet, interesting does not necessarily mean pleasant. Unfortunately, the petit grain ruined it for me again.
By no means is this composition mainstream. It is ideal for daring individuals who love standing out, but at the same time want a subtle office-friendly edt for the warmer months.

marcnatandcat
marcnatandcat

I’m in love with this scent. I MAYBE bought the full-size in between writing this post and editing. In bottle it smells exactly like Florabotanica which I hated, but on skin it’s completely different. It’s a nice even mix of fig and rose. It’s not my favorite tea rose. It’s more like a Damask Rose absolute. This scent is a combo of Imogen Rose by Lush and Philosykos by Diptyque. This all sits on top of a beautiful woodsy middle featuring vetiver. I always thought I didn’t like vetiver, but it works beautifully in this scent. It’s a strong scent with moderate to soft sillage so it’s perfect for work and other places where humans gather.
tl;dr: 5/5 woodsy and deep rose/fig scent.

Marie76
Marie76

This opens quite rosy and powdery on me, and it has a vintage feel to it that's left me thinking " where have I smelled this before?" However, it dries down with hyacinth and ?tea.?lavender... Not sure but something that my nose can not tolerate...I love florabotanica, despite its lack of " personality", this has more character, but it nauseates me, oh well...

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Rosabotanica strikes me as "upbeat". A fragrance only a woman of confidence can wear without conflict. Rosabotanica is sexy, daring and audacious. Unlike the obnoxious, green, horrid Florabotanica. For some reason, I'm vaguely reminded of Kilian's Back To Black Aphrodisiac. Considerably because I keep thinking I'm smelling honey. Balenciaga's "experimental rose" is the key note, but it is the hyacinth which gives it body. Rosabotanica is better figured with more structure. Dare to be different and turn heads with Rosabotanica.

I can understand why many are disappointed with this fragrance, but Balenciaga is now distributed by Coty Prestige. Although you can't expect anything luxury grade from this company, Rosabotanica isn't nearly as "mass market" as Philosophy or the Vera Wang Princess line.

The bottle is as pretty as the juice inside, and mainstream perfumery is doing just fine with that creation!! I like it, better than the first one, this is very fresh, very nice, dewey flowers, a rose scent, elegant, as nice as a stroll in a French garden in April..of course it isn't wayyy different than lots of pretty scents out there.,it isn't trying to be a masterpiece, simply a nice stylish fresh floral..I can see myself wearing it.. Lots...
It is of course a perfume that can reach to any age group, and is easy to wear, and nothing wrong with it!! I am not asking my perfumes to stimulate my intellect really, simply to smell very pretty, and feminine.Rosabotanica does the trick..

Little if any plant life appears to have been sacrificed in the production of this perfume. I was not a fan of the original Florbotanica, which seemed like a cruel joke. Botanical? What? This flanker has a marked fig note and a lot of abstract greenishness. There's not a lot of rose going on here--whether abstract or natural--and the sinus clearing effect suggests the presence of a healthy (or not...) dose of iso-E-super.

It's okay, I suppose. Time to face the facts: this is the future of mainstream perfumery. When people will buy and even praise to high heavens this sort of juice, what motivation can a perfume industry executive have for returning to the good old days?

Personally, I find the bottle hideous, but it does seem to match the contents to some extent.

velveteenbloom
velveteenbloom

Spraying this perfume on is like stepping into a greenhouse overcrowded with lianas and creeping vines and the occasional tropical bird-of-paradise. You can really smell the wood in this, the bark of trees. If you can imagine, it's like opening up an encyclopaedia on plants. Having said all that, though, I actually really like it. It's innovative and creative, a different take on modernity.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Balenciaga Rosabotanica opens with a fair amount of mint and green elements, which made me believe that it would be cool and green, like its predecessor, Florabotanica. But, no. When other notes from the heart and base start to unfold, Rosabotanica shows a warmer personality. I actually am not able to pick out individual notes in Rosabotanica. But for the first two hours of the development of the fragrance, the blend of which I believe is from rose, fig, citrus and some spices, makes me think of an over ripened melon on the verge of decaying. This luscious sweetness, while not necessarily being repellant, is uncommon for me in a fragrance.

Later on, this sweetness smoothens more and more, and keeps away from the previous melon association for me. I then can get rose and fig more easily. But the woody notes are never prominent, maybe a smidgen of vetiver and amber, just to keep the base.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is around 10 hours. I have to admit that I prefer Florabotanica for its cool, green aura. But at the same time, Rosabotanica, being warmer, might appeal to those who find Florabotanica too cold. However, I strongly suggest sampling before buying, no matter how attractive the bottle can be.

Tovah
Tovah

I agree about the harsh opening, which is overwhelmingly minty and quite bitter on my skin. It's a strange fragrance; reminiscent of something that would be created by Strange Invisible Perfumes. In fact...it calls to mind Lyric Rain. After a few minutes this is one interesting fragrance. It really does smell a bit exotic and "dangerous" and whatever rose that "experimental" one is, it's intriguing.

I cannot fathom my nose getting "Chance" notes from this...but Chance is different on me from the way many people perceive it. Chance is a vanilla Oriental on my skin, and the green notes never really take center stage. If you get a lot of green notes in Chance than you may think it is similar to Rosabotanica, (which is a compliment, in my opinion).

Rosabotanica reminds me of a couple of different fragrances until it mellows into "itself". At first, it's very much like Jo Malone White Jasmine & Mint. It's damp, cool, and, bitter. My nose doesn't pick out grapefruit as a single note, but I can sense that it's supporting the clarity of other notes. Hyacinth is the predominant floral here, but it's almost a "poisoned" flower (in a good way). I think the strange rose notes, blended with cardamom, are responsible for the mysterious change in hyacinth's usual personality. It's fascinating how this scent starts so incredibly fresh and green, then does a 180 and morphs into a nearly tropical, warm, haunting fragrance.

Even if the scent is unappealing to many, I like it because it's DIFFERENT from the endless array of new fragrances released over the last decade, that instantaneously have been forgotten with one sniff. In truth, this is not my idea of a masterpiece. If nothing else its appeal can come from the fact that it is quite recognizable!

Debsmellsgood
Debsmellsgood

I understand the dislikes for this; I didn't like it either when I tested it. The opening is so harsh, not floral, not sweet--I don't know what it is but I don't care for it. However, upon drydown, a softer, powdery, very unique element came into play. Something told me to mix it with another scent; (I don't know why I don't do this more often with other fragrances.)I have Jour d'Hermes, so based upon antonpan's comment below that this shares similarities with that fragrance, I spritzed that on top of Rosabotanica and the two melded together so beautifully. The soft florals in Jour d'Hermes softened the pink pepper plus fig element of Rosabotanica which are the ingredients I think aren't working for me. The drydown of these two meshed together is so nice, very comforting, very pretty, very different. I have to admit I will not wear this on it's own, but layered with the right scent for your taste, it can turn into a beautiful, true, one-of-a kind scent.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

This smells overly sharp and floral, it actually reminds me of a scent that was used in fake tanning lotion to cover the smell of the DHA. Not a fan

jaylim87
jaylim87

This smells very fresh. I love this one.

Timetoski
Timetoski

Does not smell like chanel chance. Does smell like hermes un jardin en mediterranee. Beautiful.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Not a safe blind buy. I strongly recommend trying this first. This was at my local Sephora yesterday. I agree with Almarie that it smells like baby desitin ointment. I strongly disagree with the comment that this smells like Chanel's Chance. If it did, I wouldn't have bought Chance yesterday.

antonpan
antonpan

Rosabotanica is a beautiful fragrance. As a predecessor (Florabotanica) it tells the story of a green rose, but now in an absolutely another manner. While Florabotanica is strong and even sultry rose, Rosabotanica is lighter, ethereal lemony rose on a green base with a warm honeyed opening. The sad thing the fragrance is not very distinctive, it contains so much of Hermes DNA inside and reminds of Jour d'Hermes and some of Jardin's.

rockegg
rockegg

Two fragrances with similar bottles from the same company - one has a strong, lasting rose component, and one has just a hint of rose with more green spiciness and wood. One is called Florabotanica and one is called Rosabotanica. Wouldn't you expect the one called Rosabotanica to have the stronger rose scent? I would! But it's the exact opposite.

Rosabotanica is lovely. I don't own it so I haven't lived with it yet but I would like to. I'll probably give myself a spray every time I go through Nordstrom. The heart reminded me, oddly, of import stores where they carry interesting things made of rattan and carved wood. It starts quite fresh and green.

alysiat
alysiat

Decent longevity and enough sillage to be noticeable, but not knock people out. This smells very similar to Chanel Chance to me except Rosabotanica has more rose. On me, this starts with a strong powdery rose then quickly dries down into a strong patchouli & pink pepper spiciness with a pleasant rose background. A far more sparkling scent then most in the "rose" genre and more complex. I'm just not sure if this scent justifies it's price tag yet.

prettyswag

I been wearing this and the more I wear it the scent is even more lovely....the first one has a really dusky old musky rose cheap smelling dry down...this is young, fresh, green , floral and fresh spring and very femme...this is far from any type of baby products...mentioned below...

Cams
Cams

Breathtaking, lovely and feminine. I bought a bottle immediately; a must try!

almarie
almarie

We finally got this at our store (Lord & Taylor) and I can't say that I like it. I much prefer the original over this one. It reminds me of baby desitin ointment, LOL.

I also like it better than the original, Rosabotanica is fresh, dewy green scent, pretty, and I would think quite pleasant to wear in spring and summer...
It is unfortunately quite light, and disappears quickly from my skin..I don't think I would purchase it for myself, but I wouldn't mind wearing it..the Rose is subtle in the background, I cant say I detect any fig really.. Also there is a green vibe quite present, fresh also..
It isn't groundbreaking, there are lots of fresh scents like it..but it is in its category pleasant..

prettyswag

This is so inviting, fresh, beautiful and pretty....wayy better than the first one..no doubt ..its that after shower come here clean...if your looking for fresh..this is def it! i will rebuy once i run out!

prettyswag

coming in international stores feb...

nayab153
nayab153

Any news on a UK release guys? (other than airports) lol

prettyswag

i didnt care for the first one..the drydown was very soapy rose cheap smell...but this is more my like a love..very fresh very femme without the over done rose.

prettyswag

i got this for christmas!!! love!

AmoreProfumi

This is beyond beautiful, I received my samples of this in the mail today...I did a spray on my wrist && immediately took a liking to it. If your expecting something super rosy then you will be surprised this is not the giant rose bomb you'd perceive it to be, instead you get a lovely delicate citrusy-green scent with a splash of rose && a hint of spice, you can really detect the fig and grapefruit at first then as it dries down the rose subtly breaks through, nicely done, thank you for not drowning us in a sea of just rose. I will say this is lighter then most of Balenciaga's previous (surely not as pronounced as it's sister flora, which that wasn't a diss b/c I do love Flora) && having tested this on my skin I feel it just doesn't last as long as I'd like it to...but I guess it's ok, It sillage is pretty decent though. I like this but not enough to own, I think I like Flora better, It's an intriguing magical scent well worthy of owning, pretty decent for the fall to the spring but I think it be ok on a cool summer night too, && THAT BOTTLE GIRL!! you see that bottle, I do like that bottle way better, decent pretty scent, give it a try. :)

Overall: 8/10

Christine 78
Christine 78

Want to try this now!! :-P

QueenZoila
QueenZoila

Rosabotanica is exquisite. Got it yesterday. Wearing it today. I cannot get enough of it. Truly a magical garden in which you are enveloped in a veil of exotic flowers. I am delighted! Completely different from Florabotanica; however, I do love them both.

AmoreProfumi

If anyone is having trouble finding this, right now they have it on Neiman Markup, excuse me Marcus.com 3.4oz only (no smaller sizes?!) for $130. EEK! lol Hope that Helps! Someone please buy it && review or go test it so we know if it's worthy or not, lol! :D

Update: Ope NVM they do have a 1.7oz ($100), when I googled it I think it just took me to the page with the larger size, my mistake I see some ppl thumbed my comment down for that :P

Update (12/15): Just ordered samples of this off ebay ($13 for 4 samples)...IKR! so I can try it out, will write a detailed review when I test it out, I have to see for myself if I'll like it enough or not to get it. :)

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

Where are they hiding this frangrance? It's not at Sephora, Nordstroms or Belk. The bottle looks beautiful!

cobralily
cobralily

Oooooh the description for Rosabotanica sounds fantastic and I adore its predecessor. I am so excited for this!

Germany
Germany

This looks better than the first one. FIG, Cardamon and amber are amongs my favourite notes. I will certainly give this a try.

Rosabotanica by Cristobal Balenciaga 3.62 out of 5 based on 159 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cristobal Balenciaga Rosabotanica fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cristobal Balenciaga Rosabotanica, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rosabotanica by Cristobal Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rosabotanica by Cristobal Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.