Designers » C » Chypre Floral « Groups

Talisman Cristobal Balenciaga for women

Talisman Cristobal Balenciaga for women
dislike

Talisman Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures Talisman Cristobal Balenciaga for women Pictures

Talisman includes feminine and sensual, sharp notes, as well as the classic, floral, aldehyd notes in harmony. It opens with fruity-floral accords of litchi, dry fruit and osmathus, spiced with rum. The heart is enriched with flowers, includes notes of jasmine, hyacinth, lily of the valley, freesia and cyclamen. The base is interesting and includes woody notes of patchouli and sandalwood softened with vanilla and bee wax. It was created in 1994. The nose behind this fragrance is Dominique Preyssas.

Aldehydes Pineapple Dried Fruits Mandarin Orange Osmanthus Peach Litchi Hiacynth Rum Bergamot

Cyclamen Carnation iris Freesia Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Leather Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Coconut Vanilla Beeswax Caramel Cedar

Talisman eau Transparent
Un Air d'Habanita
Rare Rubies
Floral No 11

Talisman Fragrance Reviews

icecube
icecube

A wonderfull fragrance - very wellbalanced.
Just the perfect sweetness - hard to distinct separate notes - but dried fruit and honey is what I get - and some wonderful flovery/green not that might be osmanthus.
I am a fan of Balenciagas perfumes and this is not an exception.
This one is easy to wear both day and nigth even if I would think of this as more of a daytime fragrance and my signature Cristobal as the nighttime counterpart.
And if you look at all the differente then notes - it would seem like a total mess - that is not what this perfume is - on the contrary this one has a perfect balans.

smellsogood
smellsogood

This has a bit of everything going on. Take a large pot and mix in dried fruits, rum, coconut, caramel, honey, etc. In fact anything you can lay your hands on. What do you get? An olfactory mess? Quite the contrary! This is warm, elegant and sophisticated. In fact, I think it's to die for and Balenciaga should resurrect this wonder. Immediately.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

I couldn't really put it much better than the reviewer below. I am so lucky I managed to find a full bottle of this stunning scent and yes I did pay extortionate price for it but I do not care. It is amazing and I love it. There are definitely simlarities between this and Rumba, the longevity and sillage are amazing. I find it particularly well suited for colder wintry weather as the boozy honeyed dried fruits come out and warm me up and can easily transport me somewhere tropical and sunny. Shame this is not in production any longer, wish Balenciaga would bring it back.
If you can get hold of the scented shower gel from this range, it is almost identical to the perfume.

judyk
judyk

The sun is shining, there's not a cloud in the sky and I'm wearing Talisman. It smells like sipping a Piña Colada whilst sitting in a luscious tropical garden. Bliss! I can't understand why others have recommended this perfume for fall or winter - this is *summer* all the way.

I can see the similarity to Rumba - I'm doing a side-by-side sniff test as I type. They're both boozy-fruity but the plum and gardenia seem to dominate Rumba, making it heady and exotic, whereas Talisman is fresh and uplifting and I much prefer it.

scouserdog
scouserdog

Not sure whether I really liked this or not - definitely strong and lasting, well made, got lots of attention. I think best worn by confident mature women who are very well dressed and attend lots of dressy occasions. Not really me at this stage in my life and yet I really like the dry down - overall not sure what I make of it.

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is strong stuff.
Aldehyde, spice and smoke.
Oldcore as well.
This one maintains it's silage all the way thru.
I don't particularly like this perfume. It is overpowering.
It can be worn in clubs; reminds me of perfumes I smelled before, that mix with alcohol and cigarette smoke.
Special evening occasions only with plentiful of air around.

ladywildswan
ladywildswan

I am impressed! How did I miss this one, it has a great start and a wonderful dry down that had my nose firmly attached to my wrists all night. I love it when I go to bed, get up in the morning and the scent is still there, not as strong but like a wonderful memory of pleasure. This is just my first impression and I will wear it again today... what will the next 24 hours bring! Thank you for this recom
mendation!

lapurrla
lapurrla

Swear a note has emerged that reminds me of when I smoked. Wonder what combination of "ingredients" caused that? The woody notes perhaps. I'll be sniffing my hand closely to see what else develops. How nice of the eBay seller to send me this mini as a gift. (Vintage miniature).

queenkey
queenkey

Purchased this years ago. There is something unique about it. Reminds me of a Jamacian black cake, which has soaked fruits in the batter and takes a process to make and is very dense.

Bandit
Bandit

This is as good as fruit can get, imho:

Dense, syrupy fruit. Like a mousse or marmelade, L'essence de fruit. Sweet and voluptous. With it's chypre heart it gives the smell class, next to it's teenage spirit. It is one of my most optimistic scents. Good mood, laughing, dancing, enjoying being on earth and living to the full. Gives me a smile the whole day long, when I wear it (which is not too often, as I really have to be in the mood to stand it's sweetness and the fruit and gourmand character).

It is very close to Rumba, but twisted, even sweeter, more 90s, and totally gourmand. It is very well blended, so don't expect to pick one of those 35 notes of the pyramid on this side.

This fruit is nowhere comparable to the watery one-fruit notes, that are often found in perfumes the recent years (e.g. all this newer Dior stuff). Those new fruity florals, or how they are called, I loathe. That stuff hasn't got class, it always goes the safe way, but Talisman is totally different.

I guess, that it is for today standards not wearable for teenagers. They crave something different. It is for us middle 30s and above, who appreciate a funky, sweet, very classy fruit treat now and then.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

Just received today. It has been on for 15 minutes. At the beginning very honeyed potpourri. Don't need to spray much. After 15 mintues or so it has turned to a very pleasant rum-honey-flower blend. It's a very interesting blend that is changing every minute. I will post back soon. I like it a lot so far. I would not describe this as a loud scent but a but definately one that wants to be heard. I can't wait to see what else this little changling does. I bought EDP, FYI. Very classy but not fussy or over sophisticated. I would wear based on mood anyway as I never worry about fitting the attire to my perfumes. There is never a wrong or inappropiate time for a delicious fragrance!

panthere
panthere

saw two bottles of this a few days ago in a local pharmacy.Big regret not buying them at the time. When decided to go back and buy them today , both were gone! :(

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

one of the moste beautiful delicious classy and timeless modern fragrances ever... i m really impressed! Talisman is beautiful blendet, such a complex and rich blend of heavenly aromas. it sits on the skin like a layer of honey, spices, aromatic flowers and woods with a gourmand touch in a non sugary way, definitely worth to try and to buy! a real gem with this one you can never get wrong in any situation, sillage great, staying power great!

Oh, now I see. I was wondering while wearing Balenciaga TALISMAN this afternoon and evening why I kept smelling wafts here of leather, there of honey, here again of caramel, there a touch of booziness, here--could it be coconut?... Yes, all of this and more: the list went on and on.

TALISMAN is a beautiful light oriental fragrance with abiding slightly sweet vanilla patchouli and a modicum of just about everything else under the sun thrown in to induce these delightful tiny wafts of variety. Rather than having a well-defined development trajectory, TALISMAN, on my skin, seems to operate like a random note generator. Imagine those ping-pong tossing machines that mix the numbered balls using air, only here the notes are popping up instead.

Yet the composition really is light and likeable and not at all overwhelming. I actually am a bit disappointed with the longevity, to be honest, but TALISMAN is appealing enough that I could see myself spraying it on over and over again just to be able to catch some more of these nice wafts. I'd like to try this creation at perfume strength, if available...

yasemin
yasemin

what a glorious scent!

This perfume is one of my favourites. It is very french ; amazing, charming, gorgeous!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Rum? Litchi? Osmanthus?
I don't think so.
A very nondescript fragrance, my bottle is barely used and I'm getting rid of it.
And in my opinion it's not A BIT like Rumba which is quite openly spicy, rummy, dark and exotic, and which I love.

This perfume has the most gorgeous set of notes EVER!!
It is such a wonderful combination of the most adorable scents in the whole world.
GORGEOUS!

Sassy1
Sassy1

Wow, I think I'm in love.
Despite the numerous notes usually attributed to loud 80's frags, this one is well blended and delicious.
For some reason, the caramel comes to the front right away on me with a muted softness of flowers and suede. It reminds me a little of Boucheron but has none of the "head shop" vibe.
Unlike some other scents, I don't think I could ever tire of sniffing this one. It's perfect and goes to the top of my "buy a big bottle asap" list.
(and since when is 1994 ancient history? "Very old"? Give me a break.)

Update: Looks like it has to be layered...EDP only last 2-3 hours.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

Talisman is a really sensuous and feminine chypre. It has a strong fruity-floral opening with distictive notes of hyacinth, carnation and lily of the valley. The heart is creamy and powdery with woody notes of leather and sandalwood. It's definitely a retro frag in a good way. I am not sure whether I would repurchase as I am not very much into floral chypres but it is worth the try plus the bottle is very cute.

What it is about Balenciaga I do not know, but if you have not tried one of their fragrances you are really missing out on the wonderful creations they have to offer. And the great thing about them is, that some are very affordable too. Very very classy, all of them!! I wish they had'nt discontinued some of their masterpieces like Quadrille...

allexa27
allexa27

Sweet coconut,rum and leather,lil bit retro but in a good way.Reminds me of Rumba by Balenciaga.
I love them both
They turn me back in time .
i want them

tali-o
tali-o

I have been wearing it ever since it came out. It has become my signature fragrance. However, the last 2 years have been rather difficult to purchase. the CRISTOBAL perfume and the men's cologne are quite nice too.

CaraMia
CaraMia

I adore Talisman. A very beautiful, womanly scent, ripe fruits, tropical fruits, caramel candy and a rum chaser all wrapped um in a delicious floral bouquet.

It is a heavy duty scent that somehow transcends seasons. It seems like a perfect winter scent (and it is) but the florals bloom forth in the warm weather and it morphs into less gourmand and more femme fatale floral.A development that the development of the scent took me by surprise! A counterintuitive choice for warmer weather when you want a dishy bouquet that turns summer in NJ into a carribean beach.

It's dark for the winter and sultry for the summer and lasts for about 8 hours on me.

kiselina
kiselina

Classical, dark fragrance. I am 30 and I wear it easily since 2 years.
Unusual mixture of leather, coconut, beeswax, cedar and rum.
I love it.

liat
liat

For older women than I am (I think). It was really good on me at first but than turned into this heavy mess of god knows what, till my mama asked me to go shower. I was sneezing, too. Bad choice.

dolita
dolita

this one is very old but still unique as many girls don't know about it yet for that reason i may bring it again

Talisman by Cristobal Balenciaga 3.92 out of 5 based on 142 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cristobal Balenciaga Talisman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cristobal Balenciaga Talisman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Talisman by Cristobal Balenciaga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Talisman by Cristobal Balenciaga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.