Designers » C » Woody « Groups

Cuba Black Cuba Paris for men

Cuba Black Cuba Paris for men
dislike

Cuba Black Cuba Paris for men Pictures Cuba Black Cuba Paris for men Pictures

Cuba Black is a romantic and sensual fragrance for men. It blends rich jasmine with sparkling bergamot, citruses and woods. Available as 35 and 100 ml EDT.

Bergamot Citruses Jasmine Woodsy Notes Lavender Vetiver

Cuba Black Fragrance Reviews

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

I found the solution to the longevity problem. I blend my cheapies with oil, it makes them last longer.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

I got this one in a pack of 4 with Grey, Green, Brown and Black for only $11. Those were my preference in order! Who could complain about getting those for so little!? Even though this one is my least favorite of the 4 this one is still pretty good.

Overall 7/10

teadot
teadot

What have I been SMOKING ?

These cigar shaped Cuba fragrances are the best entertainment short of actually lighting up... umm. "something" ; ) But nonetheless, you WILL have to inhale !

Each Cuba has the same cigar tobacco undertone to my nose, on top of which, a different scent/combo is layered. BLACK, is fresh, spicy jasmine overtop of pungent cigar tobacco. The result, is a hefty, slightly salty, licorice tinged Oriental scent, that carries itself with surprising balance and character. Projection is quite satisying for the first 2 hrs. Then it becomes softer, quickly losing it's complexity as it dries ( Hey, I'm shocked there was ANY to begin with ). But the scent is still noticeable enough to be enjoyed for another 2hrs or so, if you dig it. The Quality (not so much the smell), is in line with something like Victorinox's $30 bottle of Swiss Army "Altitude"...but with more imagination and character than that ( for less than $10 ). Which is to say, that Cuba Black.. is NOT half bad, for a cheapie!

So far, Cuba's kitschy line of cheapies have all been surprising, in mostly good ways. At this rate, I might need to buy myself a humour(dor) for their storage ; )

Longevity:5/10(in base)
Projection(Fall temp):6.5/10(in mid)
Art/Creatives:8/10(bottle,concept,
composition)– in the 30ml cigar flacon.
How:Casual,anytime,fall,winter, for the
Fun of it !

peeck@charter.net
peeck@charter.net

I purchased this in the 4 pack Cuba America (CUBA BLACK-CUBA GREY-CUBA BROWN-CUBA GREEN). In these 4 are less of a tobacco scent unlike some of the others like CUBA RED which is more like a good cigar. I am so fascinated the Cuba line cuz they are so cheap and have really good scent to them that far exceeds my expectations every time! With that said the only problem is their longevity... You really have to apply them to your cloths along with the normal application to get them to last. I found the Cuba Black to be a lot like the Cuba Brown with a little more citrus zing in the background and complexity. Wood yes and again nicely soft but the main thing I got out of this from the first spritz, was the sweet blast of licorice / anise vibe. I think there is a warm tobacco lingering in the mix also. I really like this one, the more I smell it, it becomes more complex. This one I can chew on!

joneser69
joneser69

@ tyrip19562000@yahoo.com:
Yes, google can lol. Sillage is very much like projection, but more specifically relates to how long the cologne stays in the air around one's self, or "leaves a trail".

farno
farno

To me it does not smell like Azzaro at all. It smells like Jazz, by YSL.

maiker
maiker

This is a lovely perfume, it have a sophisticated smell like azzaro, y love azzaro when it dry-down (because it have somthing that disgusting inside when it just spary)

but this one as you spray it is like azzaro dry-down i dont have to wait. just lovely.

it dont lost that long max 3 hours. but what can anyone expect for 90.Bsf (10$)

maklaus2013
maklaus2013

Reminds to Azzaro pour Homme!

Kharnak

I love this frag. But i just realized that it smells just like a Licorice twizzler. Not bad at all though. Blends well with summer heat and warm fabric, and a nice evening

foxmulder_FBI
foxmulder_FBI

For the price, its a no brainer. Ignoring price...it's still a very good scent. Very reminiscent of Azzaro PH and Rive Gauche PH. A classic barbershop scent, very masculine but also quite soft. Clean smelling with a strong black licorice/anise scent. Woods emerge as the scent dries down and the licorice fades, but it never goes away.

Cuba Black is much less complicated than those two masterpieces, but is also a fraction of the price. I am a huge fan of Rive Gauche, but whenever I go to buy a new fragrance I skip it for something else, for one reason or another. Eventually, I will pick it up, but for now, I can't argue with getting Cuba black for $5. Every time I shave at night I throw some talc powder on my face and put Cuba Black on my wrists for myself. Not a scent I wear out often, I will reserve that for when I get the more dynamic Rive Gauche, but rather a fragrance I wear for myself.

Projection and longevity are below average to average-ish on me, but then again I really only wear this for myself. I can still catch wafts of it after several hours, which is really all you can ask from this.

ZELJO
ZELJO

probably the best of the Cubas, not that tobacco strong, much more lighter,relaxing and good for office work,a fragance than doesnt offend anybody

tyrip19562000@yahoo.com
tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

Can anyone tell me what is "sillage"?????

Kharnak

picked this up at a fleamarket, 4$, sweet deal. I've been wanting this, since it's a VERY good flanker to Azzaro Homme. It's a little more toned down, slightly less citrus, and not as punchy or bitter. However, Cuba Black has a little extra Black Licorice vibe to it, rather clear, like a black Jelly Bean.
Projection is quite good, and lasts a rather decent time or several hours. It smooths out very nicely to a soft Anisic Wood. So hey, it's Azzaro "Lite" with Licorice. If you can find it, try it.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Very nice, to me it's almost identical to Azzaro pour Homme except Cuba Black has less projection. Starts off with some rum. Then the anise comes through. Ending stays nice clean and woody. Sillage is only moderate though. Staying power is OK. An "old school" cologne for the mature man. It doesn't cost a lot but Cuba Paris Black is an extremely nice woody EDT. If you like the classic Azzaro pour Homme (and who doesn't?), this is a good cheaper alternative - just a pity that the sillage isn't as good.

jonovon
jonovon

I agree with gmmcnair, it's the best you can find for this price. It's one hell of a dry scent, very barbershop-ish and masculine.
During the drydown, the wood note gets a bit sour or burnt, I can't explain it very well.
I need to say Cuba Black fits me better than Aramis and gets me more positive reactions (for one fraction of the price).
A total must have if you like dry scents.
Also, if you don't wear this kind of scent too often and wish you'd have a bottle just in case, go for this. It won't cost you much and it's of a very good quality.

gmmcnair
gmmcnair

Discount fragrance or no, this one is quite lovely. It has a dark, boozy quality to it that could be depressing to some....the woods are dark, tangled, brooding, and beautiful at the same time.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I find it to be delightful, and has decent longevity and sillage to boot. For a bargain buy, it's hard to find more distinctive and lovely.

Cuba Black by Cuba Paris 3.69 out of 5 based on 70 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cuba Paris Cuba Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cuba Paris Cuba Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cuba Black by Cuba Paris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cuba Black by Cuba Paris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.