Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Cuba Gold Cuba Paris for men

Cuba Gold Cuba Paris for men
dislike

Cuba Gold Cuba Paris for men Pictures Cuba Gold Cuba Paris for men Pictures

Cuba Gold c is an ultimately masculine scent, inspired by the Cuban cigar. It is a luxurious blend of bergamot, lavender, vetiver, woods and jasmine. Available as 35 and 100 ml EDT.

Lavender vetyver Bergamot Woodsy Notes Jasmine

yasinelsarraj

smells like root beer

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

first off I'm a woman. I got the mini set of four, gold, blue, orange & red. Although I actually liked them all this is my favorite of the four by a long shot. I do not like le male and thankfully this isnt like that at all on me.

The main notes I get are lavender, woods and either vanilla or tonka bean. Very sweet and warm. The berganot is light, adding just a slight touch of crisp freshness. Very nice and easily unisex.

Lasting power and throw left much to be desired but being so inexpensive reapplying wont bother me a bit.

I will definately be getting a full sized bottle of this, maybe 2 =)

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

Greetings everyone,

I just received my Cuba Gold bottle via British amazon as a blind buy. Have not smelled it earlier and my purchase is based on comments of other people.

The bottle:
It is a funny bottle, looks a bit like a cigar, but also has a lot similarities with dildos. Guess manufacturers have a nice sense of humour.

The Smell:
It does smell a bit like Male, yet it is a different perfume, more rugged so to speak. The smell itself is a bit fresher, where Le Male is sweeter. I can also sense a faint shadow of tonka bean, but maybe its just me.

Final Comments:
This seems to be a good fragrance, still not sure about longevity, but it is clearly only a fraction of JPG LM power, less overpowering.

It stays close to the skin, and I cannot keep but smelling it for half an hour now.

Rating:
I am still not sure about the longevity/power of this fragrance but I think it is above averagee, should stay good 4-6 hours on the skin, maybe more. On clothes even more.

Considering the price and overall first impression I can say that this will become one of my favorites, because soon after applying it I could not smell it on myself. When I smelled some coffee I could sense it again. All this means that it adapted to my chemistry very fast and suits me perfectly.

If you like Armani Code Black, Avon Black Suede touch, Axe Africa, Axe Dark Temptation and of course JPG LE give it a try, it is a good buy. Frankly speaking it reminds me most of Body Shop Javari perfume, great of its kind. SO I am happy to be reunited with a similar smell.

I give it 7.5/10 only because I cannot stop comparing it with JPG LE, which is a lot stronger, other than that it is a great fragrance that stands firmly as one of the GOOD ONES.

This is somewhat JPH LE and The Body Shop Javari, if they would have a baby with a gentle smile.

All in all love it. Hidden gem.

jyan727
jyan727

This is a great fragrance at a hard to beat price! I bought this particular bottle for around 9, which is practically a steal for the quality or pleasantness of this fragrance.

As many have said before this smells very similar to Le male, but to me it smells slightly more manly. This fragrance doesn't scream at you like le male does, which is something I was looking for. Instead it is slightly more subtle, but if you want that le male intimidation then blast this stuff on.
For me I take 4 sprays and I am good to go for 5-7 hours with decent projection, which is perfect for me.

Personally, I use this stuff year round, and have no complaints whatsoever. I use to for hanging around, school, and work and its perfect for them all.

I haven't gotten any compliments in particular with this fragrance, but thats more so because my skin tends to absorb fragrances. This is a pleasing fragrance and a safe bet for anyone if you are into fragrances of this type.

8.5/10

P.s.-I also smell way more notes than that that are listed.

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

This smells way better than Le Male, or at least the current formulation. Let's face it, the old Le Male formulation was pure quality, but the new formulation is terrible.

Cuba Gold projects like a beast, lasts a long time, and is worth more than its price tag suggests. Cuba Gold is a lot less floral than Le Male, and I'd say it's more masculine.

Definitely worth a buy. For the price, you can't beat it. I'd gladly pay $35 for this fragrance.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

This is FAR from a JPG Le Male clone. This doesn't smell anything like it! What I can do is appreciate this cheap smelling, bargain bin formulation as an OUTDOOR workout fragrance during those hot weather days.

Labaloo

A commentator below named "fartknocker" states that 'Le Male' and 'Pi' had a baby- and I believe I must agree! (though 'Body Kouros' was my 2nd guess)

kaju23
kaju23

It is exactly like Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, only cheaper and longevity on my skin is really good! Smells great. I also smell tobacco ( I can't see it on the list, maybe I'm wrong ), which for me is one of the strongest notes, but there's jasmine and lavender, which makes it great.

redboss
redboss

Fragrance of one note. But not bad at all. Sweet and straight.

jburnsm
jburnsm

Out of the 8 Cuba scents I have I must say that this is the worst. After the huge burst of alcohol dissipated the Body odor smell set in followed by a faint sweet vanilla, very musky. One word description DIRTY

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

Love this stuff! The notes listed here are incomplete, it definitely contains vanilla. I think a bit of tobacco leaf as well. Really nice fresh & lightly sweet unisex frag. great for everyday or cooler weather IMO. Could be anybody's signature scent. It lasts at least 6-8 hrs on skin & much longer on clothes. And for $10-15, there's no risk. Try it. You have nothing to lose!

jinty05
jinty05

This is very similar to JPG le male and I am so glad I found it. One difference I noticed with Cuba Gold is the tobacco which is so subtle but so very nice. The opening is very much le male but after an hour or two its a warm delicious version of le male. At one point it reminded me of the 'le male terrible' but later to conclude that Cuba Gold is its own fragrance in itself.

It reminds me of those cold winter nights sat in front of the fire with the faint scent of le male on my skin.

Highly recommend Cuba Gold as an affordable alternative to JPG or simply a delicious new fragrance.

BrooklynBigAl
BrooklynBigAl

So I was looking for a good-but-cheap cigar scent to mix with a very-good-but-cheap vanilla scent that I had gotten my hands on recently and I decided on Cuba Red (if you want the full story on the mixture and how my cheapo version of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille came out, then go read my review of "Raw Vanilla by Coty"; if you want my opinion on Cuba Red, go read my review of that one). I decided to not just buy Red, but to get the four-pack of Blue, Red, Orange & Gold--they are all highly reviewed, plus, I could get the four-pack for $13 which was less than the price of buying two individually.

So what can I say about Cuba Gold? Well, let me start off by talking about "Le Male by John Paul Gaultier". Even though I've been experimenting with fragrances since the days of 90210 (the original), I had never bought Le Male, I had never tested Le Male. I kinda' knew what it smelled like since, when I smell something I like on someone I know, I'll ask what they're sporting. But I had never tested Le Male on my own skin. Why...? Yeah, it's the gay little bottleman with the big blue package.

Usually when someone says, "I'm not a homophobe," they ARE, but in this case, it's true; I have many gay friends, family and employees; I, however, am not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that, LOL). So the thought of buying a frag targeted to the gay male community just never crossed my mind. Even if it smelled like my favorite Sesame Chicken lunch special, I wouldn't buy it just because I don't want to send out the wrong signal. I don't want to make an olfactory statement that is ambiguous to men (or women). Get it? Let me rephrase: I would never buy and/or wear a pair of leather chaps because it's going to send a pretty clear message to anyone who sees me. In the same vein, I would not buy this because it's fits into the "gay niche" (hehe) and for the same reason that straight women don't get mullet haircuts, I won't buy Le Male.

By the way, not convinced it caters to gay dudes? Go check out this month's (October 2013) Playboy. The back page is a Le Male ad with a very femme-looking sailor in a tight shirth with a tattoo sporting the names of former lovers: "Nelly", "Gil, "Lynn"...all very androgenous names if you didn't pick up on that--but anyway...Big Al is a "man's man"--but not in the gay sense of a "man's man". Rather, Big Al is the guy whom other guys want to be and whom women want to be with. Whatever the opposite of metrosexual is, that's me. Well groomed, but in a beefcake way, not a cheesecake way. Get it? Got it? Good!

So anyway, back to Cuba Gold. I had gotten my hands on a cheat-sheet of all the Cuba line and their "impressions" so I knew this was Le Male. Got the package, gave it a squirt (hehe)...verdict...THREE SNAPS IN A Z FORMATION (if you don't get the reference, Google it). Seriously, it knocks it out of the park--the Cuba Gold--and, I suppose, Le Male too.

Now, as I mentioned in the opening paragraph, Big Al is not opposed to "feminine" scents, the whole reason I got the Cubas is because I wanted to mix the tobaccoey "Red" with a vanilla scent that I love. So it wasn't that I didn't like Le Male's scent whenever I came across it, it was the JPG marketing that I took issue with. This Cuba knock-off (and Le Male by logical inference) do "soft but masculine" in a unique and winning way.

Moving on to notes...this one doesn't claim vanilla or tonka bean as a note but I think they send out false scent pyramids so as not to get sued. I definitely pick up that softness and, of course, the freshness of lavender. The woods in the base are detectable as well. This is a brilliant scent and well done for $3-$6 (if you get the Le Male, get this after, then kick yourself).

Bottom Line, after trying this for a day and loving it, I have taken the plunge: I just ordered some leather chaps, as well as a few shirts that are one size too small, and I will be shaving my head later today. Look for me in The Village on Halloween night, I'll be the one shouting, "HEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!" Wait, that doesn't help. I'll be the one who smells like Le Male--wait, that doesn't help either.

By the way, if you find that last paragraph offensive, get over it, it's meant to elicit laughter. Big Al means no offense, he is a jovial, love-everyone kinda' guy. But kids today love to point fingers at any imagined offense and shout "bully." Sad, really. Youngsters today don't know that inbetween the bigotry and hatred of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and the "ooh, I'm tellin' mama", "you can't say that", political correctness of the new millenium, there was a time called the 80s and 90s where everyone just...got along. Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Gays, Straights, Men, Women, we all made fun of each other. But the thing is, back then it wasn't mean-spirited, we all laughed together and celebrated our differences. These days if you point out differences, you get five news channels on your doorstep running a story like, "Racists...do they still live among us?" Kids today (and by kids, I mean anyone under 25) just need to ball up and get along. I realize our current President has taken the blame game to a whole new level and turned finger-pointing into an artform but let's give it a rest people. Rant complete.

Moving on...very well done (not only this copy of Le Male but also Le Male too). I still won't be buying Le Male, but I will wear this guy in private settings with family and friends where my sexuality has already been established and won't be questioned, LOL. And now that I've experienced it on myself, I see why my gay friends--and many of my straight friends love Le Male; it's a winner as a soft scent; very different from all the in-your-face sinus-slappers out there. Cuba Gold does Le Male justice, and might be even more subtle than Le Male so I think I like this better to be honest. So far the Cuba Paris line is living up to the hype of being the best designer knock-offs out there.

P.S. longevity sucks as does projection and sillage. So you might have to squirt a lot (hehe). But even if you buy ten of these, it's still cheaper than Le Male so you'll be ahead of the game. The upside to the sillage issue is that Le Male, from what I hear, has too much presence. This might be a very controllable alternative.

William.Lynn.White
William.Lynn.White

I am wearing this today for the first time. I am very impressed with this. I wasn't expecting much from the 5 dollar 1.17oz bottle. But, it's going on 4 hours and I can still smell it strong. Very nice, pleasent and masculine scent. And yes...it does remind you of JPG Le' Male very much. Give it a shot...it's a cheapie but goodie.

Schmee1989
Schmee1989

I've been collecting for a few years now, and some how managed to skip over all of the cubas. I think I looked at the price, turned away, and thought there was absolutely no way it could be worth a darn at that price range. Man was I wrong! I saw cuba gold online for basically giveaway, and I like le male so I decided to give it a shot. Guys...I am blown away. I can't believe how close this is with le male, it is an exceptional knock off.

gd15329
gd15329

Maybe better than Le male
Maybe stronger than Le male (I washed my hands twice with dettol and I can still smell it clearly on my hand)
and only for a fraction of the price...

My wife get this today for me almost unexpectedly [note: she is not into perfumes] as a gift, not left Hondos empty handed, and I have to say that so far it's the best cheepy I've ever had (=> excellent buy) not to mention the "gift" part of the thing (=> bonus sentimental value)

PS: I totally agree with (at least) the 7 first comments below mine - so instead of me copy/paste(ing) them read them yourself to form a better opinion...

4/5 stars from me for what it is for 10 euros / 100ml...

fartknocker
fartknocker

BEST cologne on the market, IMO. It's like Le Male and Pi had a perfect little sexy baby. The only thing I like my husband to wear anymore. I am quite particular, and this is my absolute favorite.

RobbieX

Excellent inexpensive male scent. Similar to Le Male but has its own character. Like a blend of Le Male, Au Masculin and Altamir. Lasting power and silage are actually OK. There has got to be more notes in this than that listed above, I can smell: vanilla, tonka, almond, licorice, spices and lavender. This juice is a gorgeous oriental and one of the best value scents ever.

Cire
Cire

Got this yesterday, I've now worn it for about 10hrs and I still feel it talking to me.

Indeed there is that Le Male factor my nostrils catch/define but more on the powdery and smokey front. I's vouch for this any time compared to Le Male though.

In it's dry down It reminds me of Au Masculine LL, agood scent indeed for the price.

seanscented
seanscented

Yes Cuba Gold it's similar with Le male , but it's more woodsy than Le Male at the dry down i do get tobaco note that's why it strronger and manly . Le male it is softer , women they can wear it for sure . But both are very good fragrances.

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

Everybody should have a bottle of this in their collection, especially if you already own le'male ,just to save the real stuff for best occasions.
I like to use this as a good base for combining frags,,my fave combination so far being ,Cuba gold and drakkar noir,if you've got both of these,give it a try, just remember to go light on the noir and heavy on the gold..
Also I'd just like to say,if any of you are tempted to try "Cuba wild heart",,don't,,its just a weak lemon frag ,with no silige or longevity,, waste of money. Just thought I'd give you a heads up as its not listed on here..

SixTSix
SixTSix

The smells like Le Male but adds something new.
For $8 pick it up

defunkt
defunkt

Think of this as Le Male Sport.

It smells just like its older brother but is a little lighter and doesn't stay around as long.

I get a good 6 hours from this one with moderate sillage.

You can't go wrong for the price.

supernaan
supernaan

Was a bit skeptical at first about it being a good cheaper alternative to Le Male but upon first spray it was so remniscent of Le Male I thought I was actually wearing Le Male which I've worn all my life! Plus the initial smell is like the best bit of Le Male which is the bit where it develops into a sweet musky powdery smell and this seems a lot manlier to me than Le Male. I mean I love Le Male but sometimes I wish there wasn't so much focus on the floral notes which makes it seem feminine at times to me. But this scent luckily goes easy on the florals and you get a lot more tobacco and sweetness from I'm guessing vanilla? It's not listed but I swear it smells like vanilla.

Anyway I'm from Wales and I paid only £8 for a 100ml on Amazon a couple of months ago and glad I did. Saved a hell of a lot of money over Le Male. Longevity is good but not as great as Le Male. Le Male literally lasts a whole day whereas this lasts about 6-8 hours on me which is perfect and a lot longer than some of the Hugo Boss tosh they sell in town.

Riobard
Riobard

this is way too similar to 360 perry ellis people can't really tell the difference.

Murk123
Murk123

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ MY REVIEW!

LE MALE! LE MALE! LE MALE!. Love it. I have always seen the iconic le male advertisements and its signature torso bottle but never really smelt it, after trying a tester I loved it, it was a soft creamy vanilla smell with nice lavender, but I was not going to pay full price for it so I wanted the nearest thing to it which is this CUBA GOLD, it is amazing bought it from my local chemist for £5.99 for 100ml. I can really smell the lavender notes with a bit of woody notes its just a shame that there is no vanilla in it which would of made it just that much better than LE MALE. I wasn't expecting the best of the Longevity because of being a cheapy but wow it is quite good and projects great, goes on for about 3 hours, I really would say that you can use it for summer/winter and daily use. I would recommend to carry a atomiser and freshen up after a few hours and believe me people will start asking questions on what it is? If you love heavy manly scents maybe this aint for you because of its Lavender note people may find it a bit feminine. I would definitely recommend for using it on dates and special occasions plus it is well worth the money you pay. I would be checking out the CUBA range & will be purchasing another 100ml in future and a 35ml to carry around and to use on holiday.

Donta3470
Donta3470

When I first saw Cuba Gold at a glance, I just knew it would be high priced due to how nice and agreeable the bottle looks, but its not. I am a cigar smoker, and it takes a grateful palate to really aprreciate Cuba Gold's slight rough aura. It has a truly lasting tree/woodsy covered scent. I really enjoy how subtle, but yet noticable enought for compliments, the main notes are.

weppy
weppy

I'd been reading so many good reviews on the Cuba line so, I picked up a bottle of Cuba Gold and Cuba Prestige. I paid like, 14 bucks for both of them. I didn't like the Prestige but, I can tolerate the Gold.

Cuba Gold is a fairly good clone of Le Male. It does lack the complexity of Le Male, though. I went with two sprays on the chest, one on the back of the neck. The primary note through the lifespan of this fragrance is powdery vanilla. I did get some tobacco in there and it reminded me of a vanilla cigar.

Through the drydown, I kept saying to myself..."I've smelled this before". It wasn't le Male...It was that old yellow can of Arid Extra Dry that my mom kept in the bathroom years ago.

lee.wok
lee.wok

It smells like Le Male in the first 5 seconds. Afterwards you get a heavy dose of woodsy note. I'm not sure if people around you can tell the difference but I certainly can smelling it off my wrist.

It's also missing the brilliance of Le Male. After smelling this, you'll appreciate your Le Male more.

Frag
Frag

Nowhere near as good as Le Male. Is and smells cheap (not that Le Male smells all that expensive in the first place).

Gamekingz0r1
Gamekingz0r1

Bought Cuba Gold blind based on all the positive reviews. All I can say is this so similar to Le Male it's not even funny. Afcourse the trained nose can smell the difference but most people wont. I give this one a 9/10. Just as good as Le Male but with a much better price!

aucffan1
aucffan1

100% Le Male rip off.. Smells just as good for $10.00 US.. Man I wonder if Le male is pissed..

Now will it last?? I'll let you know in the future..

Wow this is really nice.. If it last I found a new regular...

Edit as of 12-8-2012..

Not as deep in layers as La Male.. La Male has the vanilla and Tonka that really takes it way ahead of Cuba Gold.. Cuba Gold is a great scent, very similar to La Male and last 8-10 hours.. Great deal.

If you asked I would say if you can afford Le Male then buy it over Cuba Gold.. It is better..

Odiee99
Odiee99

This is actually a very good fragrance. Some may avoid this because of the cheap price but you definitely get more than your money's worth. Like everyone says it is similar to Le Male but without the mint and cinnamon. It is not as loud and boisterous. some of the notes must be missing because I get definitely get vanilla and tobacco. Longevity and projection are pretty good. For under $10 you can't complain.

word-doctor
word-doctor

BBBB (Blind Bought Big Bottle) for 7 bucks. I get caramel and actually a little tobacco. A Swisher Sweet vibe. It doesn't develop much of anything else; I certainly don't pick up vetiver notes. This is well blended and a terrific value, but not at all to my taste--too sweet. But it's not especially cloying. If you need one Kraft caramel in your collection, this is risk-free.

Sillage: 5/10

LustandFury
LustandFury

So hard to beat for the price...i mean it's practically free. Very similar to Le Male but instead of being too sweet there is a nice vetiver note that smoothes things out. Really solid and hard to beat for the price.

On a side note. The spray nozzle on these Cuba Paris bottles is first class. One of the best I've ever tried. Should be standard on all fragrance bottles.

kushmo
kushmo

Women love this! And that's all that matters.

hugosb
hugosb

as most of you have said, very Le Male, i just got a 3.3 oz bottle and applied my first spray and i´m not dissapointed at all, i own JPG Le Male Terrible 'cause i like that kind of smell a lot, and yes, i'm thinking of this Cuba Gold for an everyday use and keep my JPG Le Male Terrible for special ocassions.
by the way, i'm not an expert on fragances but don't judge this one for its price, it's pretty decent.

dioradddict
dioradddict

delicious, very good for the price... reminds me too of le male ;-)

sahd0w
sahd0w

My husband wears this. It is the best smelling men's cologne I've ever smelled. I absolutely love it. I can't describe it, because it doesn't smell like any other cologne. He has gotten tons of compliments from other women when we've been out together, haha. An amaaaaazing smell that will leave people wondering about it. If you're sick and tired of those cheap "sporty" and aquatic colognes, try this one.

joneser69
joneser69

Just got this in the mail a few days ago. This is definitely NOT a Le Male rip-off, this was released years before. However Le male seems to be a big improvement over this one. Had good expectations, but just can’t say I love it. Definitely worth more than the 10$ I paid for it, and still a good smelling cologne. But can't say it's that great either.

louiex
louiex

My father has this fragrance and it smells similar to the Le Male by Gaultier. It smells good and would recommend if you're looking for something cheap and affordable!

Nikoteen
Nikoteen

Very good for the price. My father like this too (He is 52.) When I use this I got compliments. That's a little bit strange, because I wear expensive fragrances (50-100$) and I never got a compliment. In my country (Hungary) cuba magnum gold (the 130ml bottle) is approx 9$, so I don't want to search cheaper and better fragrances. :)

kavi
kavi

One of my most complemented.

As someone else must have said, this is Le Male done right. This lasts ridiculously long on my skin (I'm talking about 12+ hours) although Le Male lasts a bit longer. Sillage seems to be above average during the initial 2-3 hours but begins to come much closer to the skin, but it remains to be such a nice smell.

This is what I want from a fragrance, a nice smelling, long lasting, noticeable and garnering lots and lots of complements. Top Class!

riddler
riddler

ayer casualmente compre un cuba gold la verdad mellamo la atención la presentación, el precio de 10 dolares excelente y la verdad el aroma no esta mal espero que sea durable ,por que como perfume para el diario en la oficina creo esta bien.No tiene mayores pretensiones y la verdad que creo que cumple con ese objetivo.

Mooncatt

Alas, the Vetiver turned bad for me. It's still good for others. update Sept 24: I revisited this one, and, other than a smoky topnote that I don't care to wear, the cologne is quite acceptable.

Blutengel
Blutengel

Yes, it smells like Le Male...
No, it doesn't have a top or bottom, just one smell...
But it's a damn good smell! I sprayed it on this morning at 7 AM and at the time of writing it's 9.25 pm and I still smell it. That can't be said for a lot of perfumes that you sometimes pay 5 times more. It doesn't smell cheap at all. And if you count that, you can't go wrong with this one. And I didn't even mention you should get this one below 20 euro for 100ml.
GO GET IT!
:-)

Mooncatt

I'm female, and I would wear this.. It blends well with my skin type. The 'cigar' shaped bottle amuses me, also:)

shamus1
shamus1

This is a great fragrance, and I would pay Le Male prices for it. Yes, this does smell similar to Le Male, but everything is done in a more restrained manner, and is therefore more wearable and versatile than Le Male. It's a better fragrance.

Cuba Gold is a sweet lavender and orange blossom fragrance. It has the same lavender, orange blossom and neroli opening as Le Male, only the lavender is stronger here, resulting in a drier scent. Cuba Gold, thankfully, is less powdery and less sweet than Le Male, another plus. There's a lot less vanilla in Gold, and I can barely smell it. Lastly, unlike Le Male, this has a sweet tobacco note that is very nice.

Whereas Le Male is an okay fragrance, Cuba Gold is an excellent fragrance. Can't beat the price either!

MY RATING: 8.5/10

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

This Cologne is some good stuff to be cheap matter fact this is mu favorite from the Cuba line nope haven't try them all but between gold and red pretty. Much my favorite I have all the classic once red,gold,orange,blue, the gold Cologne stay on my skin the longest so you should give this a try if you like woody smells go with the red :-)

jade blades
jade blades

Yep... is very similar to le male. Nice surprise from this one perfume. very, very cheap and smells even 12 hours later (at least in my skin)

maklaus2013
maklaus2013

Reminds to Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier!

KeithScar
KeithScar

Cuba Paris Gold is a very sexy, pleasant, warm and romantic fragrance that can be worn in the daytime and especially at night. Spray this and women flock to it like bees to honey. Great vanilla jasmin woody spice feel. Underrated and yet very cheap. Got a 3.3 oz from Citi Trends with the deodorant for like 8 bucks. Affordable version of JPG LeMale

There is no clear wood, jasmine, or vetiver note yet there's obviously tonka, so the list of notes is questionable, to put it nicely. At first, there is a kind of synthetic leathery quality, and when that wears off there's a kind of mint/coconut impression. Clearly, there is a powdery fougere element (on the gourmand rather than the herbal side of things). It's simple and rather blended, but smells pleasant enough in a Le Male sort of way. It's certainly good for the price, and some may perceive a tobacco-like quality, though it's mild at best. Projection ("sillage") drops off fairly quickly but it's never really low, and longevity is at least good.

tyrip19562000@yahoo.com
tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

For the price,under $10.00,you can't beat it,projection and longevity are EXCELLENT

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

Well what do we have here?! probably one of the best and only good scents for only $10 (3.4oz). It smells very similar to le male with vanilla, toned down lavender,some interesting spice and even tropical undertones. Very wearable as a casual day scent. This does NOT smell cheap, but the longevity and projection could be a little better on skin, but hey i cant complain for 10 dollars.

spartan
spartan

Wow! Huge bang for the buck here. 10/10 Buy this, its better than la male, I kid you not. Try A side buy side comparison, gold wins every time. It's not as sweet, more masculine. Ripoff or not its better! Huge longevity, cannot believe the inexpensive price. Better than 360 White as well.

jackieee
jackieee

wow theres no diffence to le male and cuba gold i blind foleded 3 poeple made then smell both they all asked what where they gonna smell the second one and why was i giving them the same scent twice !! truth is i gave them first cuba then le male ! no diffrence !!!

rafaeleleniz
rafaeleleniz

Diego: Explain how could it be a Le Male rip off when it was released BEFORE Le Male.
On the contrary, Le Male is a rip-off of Cuba Gold!!!!!

haborym26
haborym26

yes,this is really excellent and elegant fragrance,especially its drydown.very "Lemale" but less sweet and darker with tobacco.for this prize superb.longevity is highly above average and projection too.

RobbieX

Cuba Gold is really excellent and it has it's own character. A strong lavender opening then changes to a vanilla. Finally a rich/spicy/tobacco/marzipan drydown and quite floral. (Incidentally, the drydown reminds me a little of a cross between Pi by Givenchy and Au Masculin by LL). It is close to Le Male but if you do a simultaneous comparison, there is a difference, well, on me anyway. Staying power is good and sillage is great. In my opinion, this is an oriental woody. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a cheapo fragrance, it is not. Already had complements about this. This was a blind buy and I was pleasantly surprised. Cuba Gold is a gorgeous and very masculine scent - a real gem!

frantz.louverture
frantz.louverture

It's true , cuba is just like le male.

Kharnak
Kharnak

I see lots of Comparisons to Le Male, and....... I'm surprised i didn't see it! it's Extreeeemely similar. but Cuba Gold is a little more powdery and simpler. To me, it's a sweet powdery Vanilla. but then, Le Male was also intended to be simple, clean, yet, still masculine... And it kinda does have that same Curiously Sweet Animal mustiness in the very end, as Le Male does.
Generates random compliments either way.
It's not as strong as i'd like... but Apparently it DOES project. My mom said she smelled it all the way outside the house.
At these prices i spray it Liberally, and everyone seems like it.

Labaloo

Very Le Male... ish. I actually like it better than LM as it's a touch more masculine... less orris, jasmine- those feminine aspects of LM that make it hard to wear at times (especially when it was first released- LM was totally unlike all of its contemporary hyper-butch powerhouses) are less-prominent here- Cuba Gold is all man, with a good dose of sweaty cumin and clary sage laid over the tonka. It's also much like YSL Body Kouros, Bvlgari Black, Joop! Homme, Givenchy 'Pi', and Odori Tabacco- that kind of tonka/coumarin-heavy vibe which LM also shares. Very pleasant, and always gets compliments- more from women than men, I've found. Lasts 24+ hours on me, sillage of about 5-6' (1.5-2m)- use somewhat-sparingly for best effect.

mad1910
mad1910

Sorry guys but I hate this perfume. It's soooooooo strong that I coundn't wear it. It's extremely sweet and synthetic. Awful :S

jooligan
jooligan

Cuba Gold is a strange scent. If you see a fragrance called "Cuba" in a cigar shaped bottle, you must expect a minimum of the "cuban cliché": toasted tobacco, old cigars or something related with that country. But no. What you got is basically a very (I mean V-E-R-Y) sweet and powdery fragrance. No tobacco, no cigar smell, even not a "revolutionary" smell. None of that.
In the top, you got a blast of bergamot with lavender and something very sweet in the background (like vanilla or tonka bean). This three accords creates a very sweet, powdery and pungent smell that last 2 or 3 hours aprox. Then, the smell calms down a little bit and starts to pump up a very synthetic and strong vanilla and cinnamon(curiously, both not listed in the notes breakdown)that makes this scent smell very suffocating, harsh and headache inducing. This stage stays till the base, moment when you basically get a powdery vanilla smell all over your neck and nothing more.

Sadly, no jasmine, vetiver or woodsy notes were detected, so if you want a complex fragrance, this is not for you. But, if you want a cheap, loud and vanilla based scent for everyday use, got this one.

The bottom line: Off course this fragrance smells a lot like Le Male (take Perry Ellis 360º White and Cuba Gold as "the clone twins" of Le Male) , but without the quality components and without the starting freshness.

The pros: The price (very cheap) and the longevity (6-8 hours)

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

This one is GREAT! This is a very cheap one, yet it almost lasted a whole day.. 24hrs on me... Its a knockoff of le male but if u want to smell like le male everyday, wear this. I use le male on special occasions because it has better projection and longevity.

leecher88
leecher88

i have it and its awful sry guys but dont like it !!

And in my opinion it hasnt similarities to le male

similar scent : joop pour homme

instantjim
instantjim

I have never smelled Le Male, but I've heard it's an expensive rip-off of Cuba Gold. I paid the exorbitant price of $17 for a 100mL EDT, 100mL aftershave and 200mL deodorant of Cuba, so for that price I expected quality! I was not disappointed!

This fragrance is sweet and spicy and lasts a long time - yes, it is linear but so what! It's nice to have at least one fragrance that keeps on the same way as it starts. It lasts 4+ hours on me and has already garnered compliments after only one day's wear.

As another reviewer mentioned the sprayer is of high quality and in my opinion the packaging as a whole is quality (such an improvement over the tacky Le Male).

vangogh3
vangogh3

This is just a bad fragrance. One dimensional, synthetic, and poorly blended. The worst of the Cuba Paris fragrance line. Unwearable.

krazyfizzy
krazyfizzy

Sweet smelling decent fragrance.. Prominence of lavender initially n a more pronounced vanilla.. however later on it smells very muddy or earthy on my skin.. overall a good fragrance for a good price.
I'd recommend it for people looking for a decent cheap n everyday perfume.

Ekove
Ekove

Reworking

---//

Presentation: 8.5/10
Uniqueness: 3/10
Value: 9/10
Projection: 6/10
Smell: 6/10

Overall: 7/10

i bought this for my boyfriend. i love it and he loves it. i smell tobacco right away, then a musky jasmine. smells stronger in the bottle. its such a softly sweet, powdery musk on him. its different than what he usually wears and easily one of my favorites. love the bottle and cannister it comes in too.

zecheiroso

Sillage ***
Heart ****
Base *****
Final score ***

Cheapo that can fool most people.

The good
Very cheap, it's laughable even. Then again, the margins on perfumery are nothing short of outrageous.
It smells like the transition of Le Male's heart into its base. Good, good stuff.
There's a hint of tobacco at the beginning.

The bad
Low durability and sillage compared to its muse but still extraordinary for the price tag.

The ugly
It's got the critical weakness of having no development, nor top notes. It plays the same accord over and over for 4h.
I'd be ashamed if I were caught wearing this too, hah.

I'm considering purchasing it for those rare occasions I might need Le Male. For that price, it's highway robbery.

guest_Melvin
guest_Melvin

Hi I am from Nicaragua just bought this one yesterday I got a 100ml bottle for 7 dollars great deal I own Le male comparing prices my le male 75ml Bottle cost 80 dollars so Cuba Gold is a great deal if you want to try Le Male and do not have the money to buy JPG Le Male as it for me I think Cuba Gold is a less complex clone of JPG Le Male.

robg303
robg303

I agree with these guys..yeah it's strikingly similar to Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male but less complex, also more jasmine/powdery than Le Male and Cuba Orange, which is also similar. It fades fast like the other Cubas though and should be re-applied often.

gmmcnair
gmmcnair

DEFINITELY a Le Male knockoff, and a well done one at that. It's sweet and pleasant, and longevity is decent as well. This one and Perry Ellis 360 White are just about the best of the knockoffs now that Javari by The Body Shop has been discontinued. I like the price on this one; you can easily find a 3.3 oz bottle for under ten dollars if you look.

PieRat
PieRat

Wow, this is Le male. That is the first thing that jumps out at me. I cannot comment on longevity and drydown yet, but will edit this when I have a better idea. So far I am comparing this to a sample of le male. At first I swear I cannot tell the difference blind folded. Though I am sure a more experienced person could. I do not own Le male and this is just from a sample sprayed on a scent card.

If you want Le male, but do not want the price pick up this fragrance!

guest_Flamboyant
guest_Flamboyant

Another Le Male ripoff. If you like Le Male, you may like this. It's a little bit watered down version of the Gaultier scent, but still pretty good for the price.

Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris 3.92 out of 5 based on 391 ratings and 78 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cuba Paris Cuba Gold fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Cuba Paris Cuba Gold, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cuba Gold by Cuba Paris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.