Designers » C » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Cuba Gold Cuba Paris for men

Cuba Gold Cuba Paris for men
dislike

Cuba Gold Cuba Paris for men Pictures Cuba Gold Cuba Paris for men Pictures

Cuba Gold c is an ultimately masculine scent, inspired by the Cuban cigar. It is a luxurious blend of bergamot, lavender, vetiver, woods and jasmine. Available as 35 and 100 ml EDT.

Lavender vetyver Bergamot Woodsy Notes Jasmine

Le Male
360° White for Men
Fujiyama Gentleman
Africa
Kilo

Cuba Gold Fragrance Reviews

Ivpolo7

Cuba Gold is Le Male just a town down version at the dry down. For $10 it's worth it.
Le Male is still best. It's starts spice and stay that way for 8 hours and projects. For $30-$40.

MrHonest
MrHonest

You know, I was debating with myself for like 7 months about purchasing this stuff. There have been so many reviews about how this one smells super synthetic, cheap, too sweet or nauseating, and I respect and resonate with everyone’s perceptions and opinions. They are ALL VALID. But all the negativity aside, there really is something to be said about nostalgia points…

I remember first smelling Le Male in a European fragrance boutique in 1999. Back then, it was literally all the rage, and people were going ape sh** for the stuff. Personally, I didn’t find it TOO appealing, but still ended up getting a bottle several years later. After noticing that I wasn’t reaching for it that often, I gave it away in favour of the original D&G pour home.

But in my last haul, I finally decided to throw in Cuba Gold for a couple extra bucks, and this is what happened:

After unscrewing the tube and letting the bottle fall into my hand, I caught a whiff of that soapy lavender and WHAM. The memory of being back in that boutique in Europe with my grand dad hit me like a freight train. There he was, still alive, full of vigor and smiling at me like it was yesterday. The sheer force of the emotion left me in tears.

Somewhere in the past, I must have unconsciously associated that smell with my grandfather and his gentle demeanor, his apartment, his workplace – his presence. And that’s how I found out just what an apparently super synthetic, cheap and sweet smelling fragrance can do. It can literally bring back a piece of someone we lost a long time ago.

I didn’t expect it. I wasn’t prepared for it, but it happened. And now, every time I wear Cuba Gold, it’s as if my grand dad is standing right beside me, giving me an encouraging nod, letting me know that things will be alright.

So yeah, I’d say that’s $5 well spent, wouldn’t you?

Ivpolo7

Good Buy it. smells just like jean Paul Guntier Le Male at the dry down just softer last long not longer then Le male.

D-Bo
D-Bo

Yea, definitely reminds me of Le Male, but definitely some differences between the two. The heart of both are very similar, but there are some notes within each that differentiate them and take them in different directions. Surprisingly, I get a lot of compliments from women on this one. Even though I think it's average, I love it due to the memories that are attached to this fragrance. It's a cheaper alternative to Le Male so if you are short of cash and like JPG LM, buy this as an alternative.

gordbrad
gordbrad

cheap and cheerful clone of jpg le male. lots of bang for the buck.

mkpunk
mkpunk

Cuba Paris' Cuba Gold is a scent I purchased at Burlington for 7.99 last night I cannot comment how close to Le Male it is because I never really had tested it.

Like in my review for Cuba Royal, I find Cuba Gold is very linear and you'll get your notes through out. You get vanilla and tobacco even if either aren't in the notes, bergamot, heavy lavender (almost as much as the vanilla), jasmine and even a trace of woods. It is kind of reminds me of 212 Sexy Men if you remove the overly spicy smell to it.

The length of smell is really good to it. I find that the scent projects about 2/3 hours before becoming a skin scent. I find the skin scent lasts another 4 hours. I sprayed it at about 12:00 PM PDT and it is now 6:40 PM PDT and I STILL smell it on me.

Overall I like it, it is a nice wearable scent that can work virtually anytime in comparison to its similar smelling scents like Le Male and 212 Sexy Men. I have to rate it a 7.7 because it is a good and versatile but a little too common to me. Not that I wont wear it, but it isn't your unique signature scent.

Ralphangel
Ralphangel

I have been using Cuba Gold for years as my inexpensive everyday fragrance. Quality with price value there is no other better Tobacco scent based perfume with such incredible silage. A must have in your collection!

tani.nikshici
tani.nikshici

This is very similiar to lemale. It has better projection ,Great longevity it's worth it

socorrosouza

Also, on me it does bear some resemblance to original Joop Homme. Great longevity on my skin (more than 12 hours, I was almost annoyed by it) with moderate sillage.

mfmsoulja
mfmsoulja

This is very similiar to lemale. It has BETTER projection and performance than the new reformulated lemale. The notes just come off harsher than lemale as to where the lemale notes are very smooth and working together right away. Cuba needs time to tame and still never fully gets to that point.

luckydave007
luckydave007

I just received this cologne today along with Montblanc's Individuel. I was so eager to try this one to see if it was truly a clone of Jean-Paul Gaultier's Le Male and to my surprise, it smells nearly identical!

I cannot understand the bad reviews of this sweet and simple fragrance. Since the reformulation of Le Male in 2011, it is obvious that it lost a little of it's potency and strength, no longer projecting like the beast it once was and lasting from 4-6 hours.

Cuba Gold lasts anywhere from 3-4 hours from the reviews I have read thus far. As I am writing this review, I have Montblanc's Individuel on my left hand and Cuba Gold on my right one. I can definitely say that I can smell the Gold from a good arm's length and would probably project more if I sprayed more than a tiny spray and on a pulse point.

The really big advantage to having this over Le Male is the bottle design! Fine...! The Le Male Bottle design is amazing and classic, but it's not a cool cigar shaped bottle which can fit perfectly in your pocket to refresh whenever you so desire.

In conclusion, this scent is amazing! Smells almost exactly like JPG's Le Male, does not last long, but you can carry the bottle around! IT WILL GARNER MANY COMPLIMENTS!

socorrosouza

For me Cuba Gold is the best in Cuba's lineup, long lasting (more than 8 hours), with moderate to heavy projection for 4 hours, exquisite scent reminiscent of Joop Homme. It performs even in extreme heat (100 F or over) although with less life and sillage.

BluesPentatonic
BluesPentatonic

Lasts about 8 hours on my skin with decent projection. Worthy Le Male substitute (which I own as well), to be honest, I don't get how some people claim it has poor projection or longevity, the only thing that comes to my mind is that they might have gotten a bottle with bad or counterfeit juice (if that is even possible). A solid 7 out of 10 for winter!

KaiserDezember
KaiserDezember

I've been looking for an good sample of Gaultiers "le male". With this perfume you get nothing more then you can expect for an price of 5€. Yes, it reminds of the original perfume but its really far away. In Cuba Gold there is an very muldy scent that I dislike. In my opinion the orginial is worth his price.

socorrosouza

On me it lasted for a whole 9 hours, first with heavy sillage decreasing to moderate. From 9 hours on it turned into a skin scent, this on 100 F temperatures. It is one of my longer-lasting perfumes on par with Diors and Chanels (I know, Cuba is not known as a powerhouse scents house, but this one lasts).

gtabasso
gtabasso

Nothing special. HUGE blast of vanilla up front bordering on the marshmallow gourmand that quickly dries down to a floral then to a fresh soap. No projection. No lasting power. You get what you pay for. Nice. Easy. Summery.

jason.luedtke
jason.luedtke

I am just going to be brutally honest. I have recently made about 5 blind buys. I bought a Dolce & Gabbana The One, a Perry Ellis, a Rasasi Tasmeem, a Carolina Herrera and a Hugo Boss #6. Well I absolutely love and adore all my new fragrances, except this one. This Cuban cigar smells wack, and such a cheap scent and the smell only lasts like 1 hour. And that's being polite.

I spray my body 15 times each time I spray, to get a very healthy dose. And each 45 minutes I come back for the re-spray (another 10-15 sprays) ..I do this because it's a weak projection, and the smells isn't like a bad horrible smell, its just a floral, not long lasting type. It's not an unpleasant scent, it's just not very good. I honestly do regret purchasing this, but it's a lesson learned. I will continue to go trigger happy with my sprays until this one is gone.

I had to be honest about my experience because this site has informed me to such a degree that I have to feed the monster. Real and informed feedback. Please take heed before wasting your time with the Cuban cigar cologne. You'll be disappointed just as I was. I'll be relieved when my spray bottle is empty.

AlexFox
AlexFox

I smelled this years ago and loved it and had no clue that it was a Le Male clone.

This one hits the mark in being not just a clone but a really good one. But with all Cuba colognes there may be an issue with longevity. This one does very well with a 4 hour time span, but the fourth hour is really pushing it. What makes this worth while is the price.

I bought mine from a perfume warehouse as a gift set with the 100ml and 35ml cologne spray, 100ml after shave spray, and body wash. It cost about $21 after tax (Canadian), Everything works well with each other on this and helps amp the longevity and smell. In the same time, I have Le Male, so the add ons help to enhance the real thing which is better in smell (slightly) an lasts longer.

Over all this is a great buy because of price but the scent fades pretty quickly compared to Le Male. Even in optimal conditions it will run dry on you long before the day/night ends.

TexBex
TexBex

My favorite Cuba cigar fragrance, only one I can wear without feeling like a man, soft and sweet gourmand, perfect mood enhancer room spray, yum.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

An okay fragrance, and a rather excellent sex toy.
You'll have no problem impressing the ladies with this scent!

socorrosouza

On me Cuba Paris Gold lasted for over 10 hours, with huge sillage. I loved Cuba Gold : great performance and exquisite scent mixing lavender, suede, vanilla (the last two not in the notes, but I smell them), jasmine ,woods and vetiver.Very sweet and even suitable for sharing.

Lomasfuerte
Lomasfuerte

Like all cuba not worthy last only 1 hour i got le male terrible for 23 shipped and i get 8 to 10 hours easy
But thats my personal opinion

[email protected]
jo.pinto@rediffmail.com

I really cant differentiate between Le Male & Cuba Orange. In fact Cuba Orange is better and way cheaper than Le male. The Longevity and Sillage is great!

keatm49
keatm49

Wore Le male for 10 years now that la male has been changed so much there's no point in getting it this smells exactly the same for 4 bucks why not buy it. Highly recommended 10/10

Triksy27
Triksy27

My boyfriend has this perfume and i have to say it's amazing! 10/10 one of my fav male perfumes!

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

Though I am female I love men's scents too, and I love this.
First hit is tobacco and coffee, then comes a curious manly sweetness, finely blended flowers, vanilla, and leather.
I would love a man wearing this, it's warm, sweet and strong, smooth like a fine cigar.

Donjamoni
Donjamoni

I must have received a good bottle considering the negative reviews I read. This is incredible! I am not a professional nose, but to my nose it seems identical to le male. I have to give a very positive grade. Take it as you may, thumbs up from me.

PercivalGoldstone
PercivalGoldstone

Hand's down, this is Cuba's best offering. Everyone else has already said what needs to be said. All I can add is that for $7, this will always have a place on my shelf.

Pare159
Pare159

Le male on a budget. Not bad.

Cuba Gold and Magnum Gold seem to be the exact same scent. However, Cubano Gold seems different, in that it's smoother, softer, more "natural" smelling, but weaker. Otherwise, the reviews here do a good job providing a sense of what Gold is like.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

How close is it to Le Male Gaultier? 9.75/10

How does it smell? (How does the famous Le Male smell)

In my opinion it is Terrible. Makes me wanna vomit. Gives me the same feeling as a motion sickness drowsiness, when my head is about to explode and every single thing that comes to my sight is bothering me to death at that time, or at the time I smell this scent.

Now, if you are a fan of Le Male, you will like this one too, and I know many people are in fact in love with the scent, but I know it is not my type and with all due respect to the fans, I should run away from them while they have this scent on.

Malik121
Malik121

This is almost a perfect clone of Le Male and as a clone I give it a 8(+1)/10. ( The +1 is for the price ;) )

landshark321
landshark321

An unimpressive but admittedly cheap (typically $7-10 for 100ml) JPG Le Male clone, but significant harsher and more winter-leaning than Le Male. At least on my skin, it's hard to regard this as desirable at any stage---the punchy opening or slightly more subtle yet still somewhat nasty drydown. It's poor enough that I have a difficult time detecting the notes, even. The psuedo woods notes are probably the clear wrong turn, as the attempt at creating a cuban cigar falls flat on its face without a reliable base (actual tobacco, oud, patchouli, etc.), though it was unpromising enough at its opening to make the base a moot point. I'd recommend skipping this one in favor of Cuba Prestige, which is great, if you're looking for a cold weather cheapie from Cuba.

2 out of 10

shayz
shayz

Very similar to le male
starts Hard with a blast of alcohol
After an hour it stays close to the skin
Longevity poor
Spray annoying
At first I was excited
But the bottom line it's an inexpensive alternative for le male
Too bad it takes place in my collection

Never buy A fragrance does not hold more than an hour
On Your skin
No matter how much you paid
It always makes you angry

Shivsri
Shivsri

This surely resembles JPG Le Male, but then is quite enjoyable. A little lighter, the longevity is good and stays close to the skin.

dmirror
dmirror

I don't know about this one but it is a sweet fragrance and if your into sweet type of scents you should definitely like this it does smell like a intense version of jpg le male it's stronger this should only be worn during cool to cold days in the winter & fall anything over 60 degrees I'd imagine that this would come off as a sickly sweet old lady scent but in the cold weather with no more than about 3 sprays you'd have a nice affordable version of le male can't really tell a whole lot of a difference if you like le male or sweet fragrances this is worth owning it's a like cause it ain't that bad for a cheap fragrance I paid like $9 for the small cigar 1.17oz I'll give it a 6/10

charles_petitjean
charles_petitjean

I'm sorry but I cannot stand this fragrance.. I blind bought it because it was $5.99 for the 3.3oz and I just can't stand the smell so I guess that means that I hate Le Male

-smells like a really cheap elderly fragrance

3/10 maybe at best

TheFragranceBoss
TheFragranceBoss

I blind bought this frag. and thought that it is going to smell awesome as many reviewers claimed. I was wrong. So wrong.

When I first smelled this, I got sick to my stomach. Really didn't like it. Tried it on my skin many times, smelled it on paper, still hate it. The levander note is way too strong, overall, this fragrances smells straight out unpleasant.

I guess it lasts and projects really well but I didn't really tested it because of the smell.

To say something positive, it was cheap but the presentation was quite nice for the price.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend Cuba Gold to anyone since I hate the smell.

In numbers:

Smell: 1/10 (just can't stand it)
Presentation, sprayer: 8/10 (for the price)
Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 9/10 (hard to get that thing off my skin, even if I try)
Overall: 3/10 (I like everything but the smell :D

Auminded
Auminded

This is a great fragrance for all of 30 min, this is coming from someone who projects every fragrance. This is the stuff I would keep in my locker for sprays in between class as a teen. This is the stuff that provided me fragrance when I only had lunch money in my pocket. So I cant really give it any negative comments. It got me through to where I am now for $7. Skip lunch and buy it, keep it in your desk/car for the emergency spray, who cares at this price no need to be critical.

SalouS
SalouS

Excuse me for this bad review, but I really have to express my feelings as I am still suffering because of this smell.

Oh dear, I can't find the words to describe how awful this thing is. This is worse than Insect Killer, this is a human killer. when I smell it, I search for the nearest roof to jump, and when I die, I wake up again because I can still smell it on my hand .. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, I can't even throw it, I am afraid someone finds it.

One word: catastrophic.

slym
slym

I found Cuba Gold on my quest to find Geo. F. Trumper. I bought the bottle for $9.95 CDN and I am pleasantly surprised!

This is a good cologne if you just want something cheap to put on for the day, if I am going to be doing a lot of running around I will be grabbing this one for sure!

For the price one can't go wrong, I will certainly be buying this again.

MrBumblepants
MrBumblepants

I've only worn this a handful of times. Very powdery scent. This is one I'd just use for when I need something to throw on when I'm just needing to run errands.

I like it but the smell kinda gets to me after awhile. So I finally got rid of mine. Can't beat the price tho.

lance059
lance059

Im surprised more people havent commented on the dank, dirty tobacco smell through out the majority of the fragrance. Its pretty harsh at first. Tho its not listed as a note, Im assuming its part of the makeup considering it comes in a cigar inspired bottle.

Because of the tobacco, I get more similarity to Versace The Dreamer than Le Male. Tho The Dreamer is a much better done, "clean" tobacco scent.

For under $10 everywhere, its worth a try. Tho I think Perry Ellis 360 White is a better Le Male clone that will cost you $20.

Dmorales28
Dmorales28

harsh opening and the dry down is ok on this one. but overall fragrance i didnt like it. im not sure how le male smells but i didnt like it. i paid less than 10 bucks for it but its not for me.

2 out of 5

smashywollop
smashywollop

SCENT:
-Hour 0 and 1
Strong powdery lavender, some mint, and a bit of musk

-Hour 2 to 4
Lavender settles down, more musk and some woodsy notes

-Hour 5 to 8
Mostly musk, some lavender and woods.

This starts with a strong lavender which makes the scent cloying. After an hour this scent becomes pleasant with all the notes working well together. Finally the last 4 hours to me being the best part.

Harsh open, pretty good drydown. 7/10

LONGEVITY + PROJECTION:(tested in warm temperature)
-Hour 0 to 4

Skin scent

Great performance 9/10

arcade_blox
arcade_blox

The only thing I can smell is the Cuba signature... The opening says CUBA CUBA CUBA and the drydown too. I don't know why, but I didn't like it.

It's not bad, smells like JPG but, no, I prefer le male.

BTW... I really like the Cuba series and that cheapy price and good quality makes me want to catch'em all!

bodm
bodm

If you are a 60 years old grandpa then it is blind buy. If you are below that range don't even try it. I'm using it to torture my friends. It's even worse than Miraculum Brutal.

SmurfK
SmurfK

I bought this fragrance mostly because positive feedback and price. It runs for about $10, so it was a safe buy, even if i did not liked it.
I personally never smelled Le Male, so i'm not gonna refer to it. Some people say it smells similar, others not, i don't know if it does.

Firstly, the package is nice. The shape of the bottle is not my favorite, as it's looking like a dildo, but the quality is pretty good. Much better than you would expect from an $10 perfume. The sprayer is good, the cap is doing it's job.

Now, about the scent. Right of the back, i got assaulted by some strong notes. You feel right of the back some vetiver, jasmine, some spices and some citruses covered up with alcohol. For about an hour, the vanilla notes starts coming alive more. It's odd that i don't see vanilla as note here, but i get it, and the overall scent is starting to get more powdery. Or i might get a combination of notes that provide vanilla smell. I get a chemical feel during this period. A hint of chlorine, from the combination of florals and vetiver. Well, after about an hour, the dry out kicks in, and i get an very nice base. Soothing vanilla, but not cake-like. It's somewhat fresh and playful, even if it's powdery. I saw people getting mint as a base note, and indeed, that's what i feel too, minty, powdery, vanilla, I honestly love that smell. It feels very soothing.

As long as projection and longevity goes, i'm impressed. I can feel the smell for about 5-6 hours, and it projects pretty well.

Really impressed by this $10 perfume. Was not expecting such a good overall quality. Definitely recommended for anyone. At this price it's hard to go wrong.

jryans10
jryans10

I purchased this as it's cheap, and yes it does smell like Le Male. I find that I get about the same performance with this as I do with the newer reformulated JPG Le Male.

I don't understand the bottle though - the cigar shape makes no sense to me when smelling the fragrance.

An absolute bargain, give it a try! I use this over JPG Le Male.

doutdabando
doutdabando

A very soothing & settling fragrance that I enjoy wearing. I have gotten compliments on it.

The initial spray opens up with a blast of alcohol, & lavender. The alcohol quickly evaporates leaving a mess of notes, BUT the dry down is very good.

It's as if the mess of notes assembles itself into a nice balance of notes from top to bottom in a matter of about 10 minutes.

When the atomic bomb of notes & alcohol dry down & become organized, what I get is similar frgrance to Le Male but it does have it's differences.

Le Male has an abudance of notes in it (not a bad thing) a cinnamon note that is distinct to most people, Cuba Gold does not.

Cuba Gold has the vibe of a small, freshly crafted wooden bowl filled with powder, layered with grounded vetiver, crushed petals of lavender & jasmine & sprinkled drops of bergamot.

It's a very pleasant scent. To some it all up;

A powdery, woodsy, floral scent but still comes off as masculine. It seems to please people as it is on the more subtle side & not as LOUD as Le Male.

Both have a harsh opening, but a smooth & pleasing dry down.

The longjevity for this fragrance is decent, about 2-3 hours of projection & about 4-5 hours before becoming a skin scent, BUT I bring this along with me & re-apply if I'm going to be somewhere for a long time.

This fragrance is something I would wear casually, on a night out, at school/work, day/night, even a date.

It's very versatile, so it can be almost anywhere.

I usually wear this to school. but I bring in my backpack to re-apply sometime thru out the day when needed because it is so inexpensive to do so.

I purchased the 3.3/3.4 oz bottle from Ross for $6.99 (plus tax). It is very affordable & compared to Le Male, it is SIGNIFICANTLY less money.

The usual price I see Cuba Gold for is $10. Le Male ranges from $40 - $70.

Scent 8/10 - This fragrance has a harsh opening just like Le Male, it settles into a pleasant, powdery, sweet, & slightly floral scent.

Sillage 7/10 - The sillage on this one is decent. Non-reformulated Le Male SLICES thru cold air. Cuba Gold is a fragrance I typically wear during colder days. It carries thru & leaves an okay scent trail.

Projection 7/10 - It projects decently, I noticed whiffs of the fragrance thru out the day as I spray in before I leave the door in the morning & I re-apply once thru out the day.

I typically spray 4 sprays, 1 on the chest, 2 on each side of the neck, & 1 spray on the back of the neck.

4 sprays is a good amount because this cologne is subtle.

For the price this is an excellent buy, a SOLID 7 out of 10 which is a great score. I would recommend this!

Epley_MPLS
Epley_MPLS

I chased my girlfriend around our place with this, shooting fragrance into the air. She was not amused.

This stuff is so cheap you can play games like that. In fact, I might start giving "Cuba Gold" as a gift to people, and they can take it as they wish.

I'm not familiar with the scent of "Le Male", but if "Cuba Gold" smells like a more masculine version of "Le Male", "Le Male" should not be called "Le Male". Maybe "Le Girly Man" as the only comment my girlfriend made after she submitted to the big brown bottle was "it smells like women's perfume." I can't entirely disagree.

For the price, you could do much worse, but the scent isn't for everyone. I actually might be more familiar with this scent than I really know. It seems like I've smelled it before; but it pushes me away rather than drawing me in.

If "Le Male" is a legend and if "Cuba Gold" smells just like "Le Male", I'm not buying the hype. I guess if they do smell the same, you should go with "Cuba Gold", as it is a fraction of the price of "Le Male". Also, do you want a bottle that looks like a dick or a bottle that looks like a weird, striped torso? Tough decisions...

arsenal009
arsenal009

Whenever I wear this, ppl think I am rocking Le Male.

ssheth92
ssheth92

Blind bought this because of good reviews, cheap price, and the fact that it's supposed to smell very similar to Le Male (A fragrance legend which I haven't really smellt). This one has a powdery/mint vibe for me. It's not bad, but not great either. I don't really feel like reaching for it much, but I'm going to give it another shot...

BTW, the 3.4 oz might seem like a better value, but it does NOT really look like a cigar... more like a **** haha. The 1.7 oz bottle I think has that cool form factor of it actually being the size of a cigar.. just saying!

Casper112
Casper112

What differentiates Cuba Gold from Le Male is that Cuba Gold does not last more than 20 minutes on my skin, and projection does not exist at all.

So, Cuba Gold is an exact copy of Le Male with terrible longevity and terrible projection. But I got exactly what I paid for!

pflyer85
pflyer85

Not a masterpiece by any stretch but IMO it's one of the best values going for $7/3.3oz at Ross. Not as potent as Le Male but IMO that is a good thing. Probably the most complimented sub $10 cologne you can find out there today. Definitely blind buy worthy if you have ever had or like Le Male but don't want to drop $50+.

Ignitron
Ignitron

Very sweet, jasmine and vanilla-like opening, which fortunately settles into dry base with a soil undertone (that smell is vetiver). "Sweet" may be the word that describes this scent best, first 30 minutes really feels like I'm trying a perfume pour femme.

People here say it's similar to Le Male in comment section. I've never tried that one. But if it's even sweeter, then I don't even want to. I believe Cuba Gold is not for me. No, it is not bad. I give it a "like" rating, but not "love".

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

With Le Male being reformulated it makes sense to pick this up. Obviously not the same strength as vintage Le Male but it is sufficient. I actually finished a bottle of both and rebought the Cuba a few years ago. This and Prestige are 2 standouts in the Cuba range. I would love to try more but don't wanna load up on cheapos since my wardrobe is full of them!

lovealwaysalisa
lovealwaysalisa

I really like this. It really does smell like Le male for a fraction of the price. Not too heavy or strong, kinda sweet, powdery, minty and pleasant. Has a tobacco undertone ...at least to me it does...that makes it more masculine than Le male,which my boyfriend likes about it. He got it at Ross for about $7. That is a steal. For the price you can't go wrong, and if you don't like it it's not a huge loss. I also LOVE the bottle it comes in (3.3 oz).

greggb
greggb

I'll start by saying I really like this cologne. I'll follow by reminding you that preference in fragrance is very subjective, and influenced by unpredictable factors like body chemistry, and whether or not your dad hugged you enough when you were an adolescent.

I've heard this is a Le Male ripoff. I've also heard that it came out before Le Male. Does it matter? Not to me. But by all means knock yourself out playing detective to figure out who ripped who off, and then come here and give us the full report, like we really care.

I'm a fragrance newbie, and this was the 5th (and going to be final, for a while) fragrance that I blind-bought. I watched some youtube reviews yesterday and figured I had a real dud coming, especially when I kept hearing how much it smelled like baby powder.

I didn't want to walk around smelling like someone has to lift my legs and sprinkle powder on my toosh, all because I'm not house-broken. Because I am house-broken.

So anyhow, it came, and I was like, "Oh well, I guess I'll spray some on and then go contemplate suicide, because in addition to the fact that my life is a complete failure, I just can't seem to get a good cologne."

But I actually liked the smell, as soon as I left the room where I applied it. It does come out with a vengeance...kind of makes you forget your identity for a second or two. But then it settles down into something slightly less in your face, but still in your face. Which I like.

I'm talking two pumps to prime the squirter, and one full squirt, and I'm going to tell you that the squirter works well.

Three hours later and the Cuba Gold is still down on the center of my neck screaming, a little hoarse after two hours straight, but it still has plenty of fight left in it.

In regard to manliness, which is a concern for most men...well, I've said this before, but if you're secure in your masculinity you can wear something not so intentionally manly and still come across manly, maybe even more so. It all comes down to how you carry yourself. And the way you carry yourself all comes down to how a particular cologne makes you feel, and of course how you feel to begin with.

Since this will be my last review for a while, let me conclude by comparing this cologne to the other 4 I've purchased. Bear in mind that I consider myself to be somewhat of a manly-man (and my opinion in this case is all that really matters, as your opinion is all that matters in your case, because it's my world, and it's your world...it all comes down to whose eyes we're looking out at the world through).

I rate this as my favorite, tied in first place with a very different, but equally pleasing scent, all depending on my mood and the occasion. Cuba Gold is something I'd wear when I really wanted to feel like the center of attention. I wouldn't wear it if I'd primarily be spending time around other men. I'd wear it for the benefit of myself and any nearby women (the word is that women really like it).

I'd describe the smell as extremely fresh. I smell tobacco and wood after that. Vanilla is is supposed to be one of the prevalent scents, but I don't register that. It does have a fairly synthetic smell, like it probably couldn't have completely come from nature.

It does have a powdery smell, but IMO not a baby-powdery smell. More like I ran 8 miles and got some bad chafe, and put this on.

Cuba Gold is tied with Perry Ellis 360 Red, which is almost 180 degrees different. It has a much more subtle, though still manly, fresh and spicy smell. There's a hint of citrus, but not too much. There's absolutely 0 citrus in Cuba Gold, IMO.

Aramis is 3rd. It has a very manly, leatherly, grown-up and mature smell. It has a more mature smell than I feel most of the time.

Fourth is "The One" by D&G. It has a smell to me that's only an inch or two from womanly. I wouldn't mind smelling it on a woman. Cuba Gold, on the other hand, would be slightly repulsive on a woman. And IME "The One" doesn't last worth a crap.

Fifth is Burberry sport, which smells to me like a skunk came along and sprayed a grapefruit that was covered in sugar.

In closing, I figure that for the price you can buy a bottle and see how it works for you. Don't be too quick to buy anyone's opinion, including mine.

Good luck!

theabsolutist
theabsolutist

Often compared to Jean Paul Gaultier's brash mid-90's Le Male. Can be had for a fraction of the price and is a solid poor man's impression of the original, especially if your favorite parts of Le Male are the top and mid section before the vanilla becomes dominant. Cuba Gold has the same essence of cinnamon, lavender and synthetic mint (though not listed here) with background floral and bergamot elements of Le Male. Gold just throws it all right at you from the top before calming down into a cinnamon, lavender and mint accord in the heart before drying down into a soft woodsy accord to help it differ from its influence. I don't get any vanilla here at all. This is pure woods in the dry-down on my skin.
This has a very nice balance of bergamot and lavender after it calms down ten minutes after application that compliments each other well here and allows more of the fresh citrus effect to shine through compared to Le Male. This a little bit fresher, and a lot woodsier than Le Male, making it perfect for fall or early spring. Longevity is decent for the price, I get around 5-7 hours on average and sillage with 3-4 sprays is moderate and this doesn't fade dramatically until the 4 hour mark. It's a very good value.
Far more subtle than the vintage Le Male and just as synthetic early on but far less abrasive, both in a good way that fits the overall composition. Extremely well done given this is meant to be a cheap copy for young teens, this goes well beyond its target audience because it can easily be worn by anyone who is a fan of Le Male but wants to partake in the a fresher, woodsier off-shoot of the original. Not an essential purchase, but if you like Le Male and don't want to waste your time with one of the summer editions, this is a better performing version of any one of the summer editions since 2009, so go for it!

Longevity: 6.75/10
Sillage: 6.5/10
Value: 10/10

There is also another knockoff of Le Male that looks very similar to the packaging of this manufactured by Victory International. it is called Cubano Gold and doesn't have the sillage of Cuba Gold but better replicates the vintage sweaty, dirty cinnamon, cumin, cardamom and mint effect that was so prevalent after the first 20-30 minutes in vintage Le Male bottles and sticks with that accord the whole way through from initial application to the end of the dry-down. If you were a fan of this heart phase of the original Le Male that is no longer found in the reformulation, this is well worth finding for the extremely low price. Longevity on it is between 4-6 hours and sillage is heavy off the initial sprays but quickly recedes to a skin scent after 10 minutes and holds close to the skin. This one has a picture of Ulysees S. Grant on the bottle instead of Benjamin Franklin like on the Cuba Gold.

Scent: 8.5/10
Longevity: 5.5/10
Sillage: 4/10

Longevity: 6.75/10
Sillage: 6.5/10

israuseli
israuseli

The opening is awful, the drydown is good.
However it is close to the skin even before the drydown, so there is no rason to wear it. very similar to le male.

Tbh not sure if worth even 10$ due to the problems I mentioned

2_Sprays
2_Sprays

Bang for your buck! This has to be the best bargain on the market! $10 for 100ml and it smells great. Very close to Le Male, but with a tobacco/cigar note which gives it a little more masculinity. It's not a projection beast and the silage is moderate but it works really well for me and makes a fantastic work scent. For the amount you pay for this you get a a quality that's worth much more IMO. You can't ask for more. A cheaper alternative to Le Male and not a bad one. Go liberal with the sprays and it'll perform better. The smaller bottle is the size of a cigar and easy to travel with so you can always re-apply. This is my signature work scent for the fall/winter.

Projection 7/10
Longevity 6.5/10
Sillage 7/10
Scent 8/10
Bargain 20/10!!

lou6
lou6

Great smelling fragrance. First of all, the opening is harsh and feminine, but it develop a great lavender scent with some hint of tobacco that bring this fragrance on a more unisex scent. I think its a great fragrance for a night out in club, but also for cold day what ever the season. there is a little problem about the spray, but it easy to handle.

Great longevity and sillage (2-3 sprays its enough)
Edit: the bottle break easily...be careful :(

southchicagoray
southchicagoray

The initial spray smells like a combo of body odor and JPG's Le Male. At first I was utterly disgusted. After about 45 minutes it became Le Male. The only real difference that I could detect was the opening and the fact that Le Male projects a bit better.

UPDATE: I have found this to be more mature and wearable than LeMale. I don't think I'll buy a bottle of LeMale if this is readily available.

afguynwh
afguynwh

One word to describe this: POWERFUL. I have the Magnum Gold version, so I can't say much on how it compares to this, but from what I've gathered it's just a larger size and better value. First spray of this, I got a synthetic lavender, minty ,vanilla mess, not unlike that of some type of cheap vanilla-mint toothpaste. A few minutes after this initial blast of nasal clearing power, something amazing occurs, it actually settles down into a decent, slightly sweet-lavender, with a touch of mint. Three sprays of this, one on the neck, and one between each elbow gave me easily 5 to 6 hours of decent projection, then it sort of dies down to a skin scent, but it never really fades away completely until I shower, so longevity is massive on this, especially if sprayed on clothes. I must warn you, however, overspray this and you WILL choke yourself and any others around you. I keep it at three sprays MAXIMUM, and give it time to settle before going anywhere. Don't be turned off by the fact it's cheap and that upon opening spray it can be overly-synthetic and cloying. The $10.99 shipping included for a 4.3oz bottle of the stuff was well worth it to me, and yes, it does smell like Le Male on the opening notes, but doesn't cling to that overwhelming sweetness that Le Male has. Overall, I think it's worth buying if you want a cheap, casual fragrance to wear whenever you just want to smell good. Oh, and the bottle and atomizer are actually really nice, even though it looks somewhat phallic. It still beats the stupid looking Le Male bottle by a ton.

Edit: I have got to say, I'm enjoying this even more every day that I wear it. The drydown on this is absolutely gorgeous. It's a surprisingly natural earthy-dirt smell with a faint hint of the top notes. Somewhat hard to describe, but on my skin it just works. Try this one folks before you knock it. It may just make you smile :).

jwc001
jwc001

I love it.

Totally blasted myself with 12 shots last night - and 10 minutes later, neither my daughter nor my wife could smell it on me.

I could, just, but very close to the skin and faint.

So, it's just for me then :)

richtea
richtea

As others have stated Cuba Gold is along the lines of Jean Paul Gaultier'e Le Male

I think the main difference between the two is that Cuba Gold has a slightly more masculine dusty feel on the drydown
Initially the opening is very similair to Le Male and it does take a while before Cuba's less floral finish shows
Its a great fragrance and very well priced
Obviously the longevity is only reasonable but if you enjoy Lavender and Vanilla Orientals this is a safe low cost buy
Great for work and general use but for some may slightly fall below Le Male's feel

adamantyr
adamantyr

I recently got this as a gift from my girlfriend in a 4-pack set, which included Blue, Red, and Orange as well as Gold. (Although they are not labeled with thier actual names, just the label color.)

I love this scent! It has a rich smooth sweet masculine smell on initial spray that is very warm and comforting. When your girlfriend is constantly coming back to sniff you again, you know you have a winner on your hands.

If it has one flaw (and I believe this is a trait of the Cuba line) it is that it doesn't last long, a couple of hours. But that just makes it a great scent to use for work environments. And it's inexpensive enough that you can just re-spray yourself mid-day if you want.

I have JPG Le Male as well. I don't detect a lot of similarities; Le Male has a sharper more cloying nature to it, and it seems to lack the same warmth and presence that the Cuba has.

jesvox
jesvox

I love all Cuba scents you can't go wrong with them and there inesxpensive. they all just smell so darn good, this one is nice i get fresh vanilla and spice super nice im a big fan of Cuba Blue!

newbee3114
newbee3114

Great cologne for the buck, good cold weather juice.. Have not tried it in the summer though. Maybe one cool summer night i will wear it to see the feedback i receive... thumbs up on this....

Update: If you own a bottle of Fujiyama Gentleman then you will come to the conclusion that these scents are similar. Not a clone type of scent but maybe like a cousin to the line. Great fragrance did not get that many compliments but i did receive a few with Fujiyama Gentleman. Overall both are great for the price,,,,

YellowFlash
YellowFlash

The initial spray is like Le Male, but after that this takes on a personality of its own. For a measly $7 at a local Ross, I cannot find the humanity to complain about this. It won't replace Le Male, but it is certainly a welcome addition to my wardrobe for days where I just want to grab something a little different. Seriously, if you can't afford to give this a try then I don't know what to tell you. It's worth buying just for the neat bottle and the sprayer is actually among the best I've used.

Osmo
Osmo

Indeed a neat reminiscent of le male by JPG as been said, not for me, but if you like le male go for it, it's a good deal, also nice sprayer and bottle design (having the small slim/tall one which is like an actual cigar)

Shwets
Shwets

Amazing frag!!! Even my friend said she would jump on her husband if he wore this.

Think of a lighter JPG Le Male without the extra sweet powdery notes. For sillage Le Male is better whereas Cuba Gold is close to the skin but lasts long.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

@chailatte, may I ask you what country you're from?

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

Traumatic experience. There is nothing of the notes that are listed here!!! It's just rotten, overly sweet cinnamon! Extremely tacky and cheap excuse for a perfume. I agree that it's similar to La Male, but la male itself has a bad rep, so...
In my country only the worst kind of man wear it. :-( Guys, please keep away from it!!!

yasinelsarraj
yasinelsarraj

smells like root beer

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

first off I'm a woman. I got the mini set of four, gold, blue, orange & red. Although I actually liked them all this is my favorite of the four by a long shot. I do not like le male and thankfully this isnt like that at all on me.

The main notes I get are lavender, woods and either vanilla or tonka bean. Very sweet and warm. The berganot is light, adding just a slight touch of crisp freshness. Very nice and easily unisex.

Lasting power and throw left much to be desired but being so inexpensive reapplying wont bother me a bit.

I will definately be getting a full sized bottle of this, maybe 2 =)

Arunas.K
Arunas.K

Greetings everyone,

I just received my Cuba Gold bottle via British amazon as a blind buy. Have not smelled it earlier and my purchase is based on comments of other people.

The bottle:
It is a funny bottle, looks a bit like a cigar, but also has a lot similarities with dildos. Guess manufacturers have a nice sense of humour.

The Smell:
It does smell a bit like Male, yet it is a different perfume, more rugged so to speak. The smell itself is a bit fresher, where Le Male is sweeter. I can also sense a faint shadow of tonka bean, but maybe its just me.

Final Comments:
This seems to be a good fragrance, still not sure about longevity, but it is clearly only a fraction of JPG LM power, less overpowering.

It stays close to the skin, and I cannot keep but smelling it for half an hour now.

Rating:
I am still not sure about the longevity/power of this fragrance but I think it is above averagee, should stay good 4-6 hours on the skin, maybe more. On clothes even more.

Considering the price and overall first impression I can say that this will become one of my favorites, because soon after applying it I could not smell it on myself. When I smelled some coffee I could sense it again. All this means that it adapted to my chemistry very fast and suits me perfectly.

If you like Armani Code Black, Avon Black Suede touch, Axe Africa, Axe Dark Temptation and of course JPG LE give it a try, it is a good buy. Frankly speaking it reminds me most of Body Shop Javari perfume, great of its kind. SO I am happy to be reunited with a similar smell.

I give it 7.5/10 only because I cannot stop comparing it with JPG LE, which is a lot stronger, other than that it is a great fragrance that stands firmly as one of the GOOD ONES.

This is somewhat JPH LE and The Body Shop Javari, if they would have a baby with a gentle smile.

All in all love it. Hidden gem.

jyan727
jyan727

This is a great fragrance at a hard to beat price! I bought this particular bottle for around 9, which is practically a steal for the quality or pleasantness of this fragrance.

As many have said before this smells very similar to Le male, but to me it smells slightly more manly. This fragrance doesn't scream at you like le male does, which is something I was looking for. Instead it is slightly more subtle, but if you want that le male intimidation then blast this stuff on.
For me I take 4 sprays and I am good to go for 5-7 hours with decent projection, which is perfect for me.

Personally, I use this stuff year round, and have no complaints whatsoever. I use to for hanging around, school, and work and its perfect for them all.

I haven't gotten any compliments in particular with this fragrance, but thats more so because my skin tends to absorb fragrances. This is a pleasing fragrance and a safe bet for anyone if you are into fragrances of this type.

8.5/10

P.s.-I also smell way more notes than that that are listed.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

This is FAR from a JPG Le Male clone. This doesn't smell anything like it! What I can do is appreciate this cheap smelling, bargain bin formulation as an OUTDOOR workout fragrance during those hot weather days.

Labaloo

A commentator below named "fartknocker" states that 'Le Male' and 'Pi' had a baby- and I believe I must agree! (though 'Body Kouros' was my 2nd guess)

kaju23
kaju23

It is exactly like Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, only cheaper and longevity on my skin is really good! Smells great. I also smell tobacco ( I can't see it on the list, maybe I'm wrong ), which for me is one of the strongest notes, but there's jasmine and lavender, which makes it great.

redboss
redboss

Fragrance of one note. But not bad at all. Sweet and straight.

jburnsm
jburnsm

Out of the 8 Cuba scents I have I must say that this is the worst. After the huge burst of alcohol dissipated the Body odor smell set in followed by a faint sweet vanilla, very musky. One word description DIRTY

Sveltekittie
Sveltekittie

Love this stuff! The notes listed here are incomplete, it definitely contains vanilla. I think a bit of tobacco leaf as well. Really nice fresh & lightly sweet unisex frag. great for everyday or cooler weather IMO. Could be anybody's signature scent. It lasts at least 6-8 hrs on skin & much longer on clothes. And for $10-15, there's no risk. Try it. You have nothing to lose!

jinty05
jinty05

This is very similar to JPG le male and I am so glad I found it. One difference I noticed with Cuba Gold is the tobacco which is so subtle but so very nice. The opening is very much le male but after an hour or two its a warm delicious version of le male. At one point it reminded me of the 'le male terrible' but later to conclude that Cuba Gold is its own fragrance in itself.

It reminds me of those cold winter nights sat in front of the fire with the faint scent of le male on my skin.

Highly recommend Cuba Gold as an affordable alternative to JPG or simply a delicious new fragrance.

William.Lynn.White
William.Lynn.White

I am wearing this today for the first time. I am very impressed with this. I wasn't expecting much from the 5 dollar 1.17oz bottle. But, it's going on 4 hours and I can still smell it strong. Very nice, pleasent and masculine scent. And yes...it does remind you of JPG Le' Male very much. Give it a shot...it's a cheapie but goodie.

gd15329
gd15329

Maybe better than Le male
Maybe stronger than Le male (I washed my hands twice with dettol and I can still smell it clearly on my hand)
and only for a fraction of the price...

My wife get this today for me almost unexpectedly [note: she is not into perfumes] as a gift, not left Hondos empty handed, and I have to say that so far it's the best cheepy I've ever had (=> excellent buy) not to mention the "gift" part of the thing (=> bonus sentimental value)

PS: I totally agree with (at least) the 7 first comments below mine - so instead of me copy/paste(ing) them read them yourself to form a better opinion...

4/5 stars from me for what it is for 10 euros / 100ml...

fartknocker
fartknocker

BEST cologne on the market, IMO. It's like Le Male and Pi had a perfect little sexy baby. The only thing I like my husband to wear anymore. I am quite particular, and this is my absolute favorite.

RobbieX

Excellent inexpensive male scent. Similar to Le Male but has its own character. Like a blend of Le Male, Au Masculin and Altamir. Lasting power and silage are actually OK. There has got to be more notes in this than that listed above, I can smell: vanilla, tonka, almond, licorice, spices and lavender. This juice is a gorgeous oriental and one of the best value scents ever.

Cire
Cire

Got this yesterday, I've now worn it for about 10hrs and I still feel it talking to me.

Indeed there is that Le Male factor my nostrils catch/define but more on the powdery and smokey front. I's vouch for this any time compared to Le Male though.

In it's dry down It reminds me of Au Masculine LL, agood scent indeed for the price.

seanscented
seanscented

Yes Cuba Gold it's similar with Le male , but it's more woodsy than Le Male at the dry down i do get tobaco note that's why it strronger and manly . Le male it is softer , women they can wear it for sure . But both are very good fragrances.

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

Everybody should have a bottle of this in their collection, especially if you already own le'male ,just to save the real stuff for best occasions.
I like to use this as a good base for combining frags,,my fave combination so far being ,Cuba gold and drakkar noir,if you've got both of these,give it a try, just remember to go light on the noir and heavy on the gold..

SixTSix
SixTSix

The smells like Le Male but adds something new.
For $8 pick it up

defunkt
defunkt

Think of this as Le Male Sport.

It smells just like its older brother but is a little lighter and doesn't stay around as long.

I get a good 6 hours from this one with moderate sillage.

You can't go wrong for the price.

supernaan
supernaan

Was a bit skeptical at first about it being a good cheaper alternative to Le Male but upon first spray it was so remniscent of Le Male I thought I was actually wearing Le Male which I've worn all my life! Plus the initial smell is like the best bit of Le Male which is the bit where it develops into a sweet musky powdery smell and this seems a lot manlier to me than Le Male. I mean I love Le Male but sometimes I wish there wasn't so much focus on the floral notes which makes it seem feminine at times to me. But this scent luckily goes easy on the florals and you get a lot more tobacco and sweetness from I'm guessing vanilla? It's not listed but I swear it smells like vanilla.

Anyway I'm from Wales and I paid only £8 for a 100ml on Amazon a couple of months ago and glad I did. Saved a hell of a lot of money over Le Male. Longevity is good but not as great as Le Male. Le Male literally lasts a whole day whereas this lasts about 6-8 hours on me which is perfect and a lot longer than some of the Hugo Boss tosh they sell in town.

Riobard
Riobard

this is way too similar to 360 perry ellis people can't really tell the difference.

Murk123
Murk123

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ MY REVIEW!

LE MALE! LE MALE! LE MALE!. Love it. I have always seen the iconic le male advertisements and its signature torso bottle but never really smelt it, after trying a tester I loved it, it was a soft creamy vanilla smell with nice lavender, but I was not going to pay full price for it so I wanted the nearest thing to it which is this CUBA GOLD, it is amazing bought it from my local chemist for £5.99 for 100ml. I can really smell the lavender notes with a bit of woody notes its just a shame that there is no vanilla in it which would of made it just that much better than LE MALE. I wasn't expecting the best of the Longevity because of being a cheapy but wow it is quite good and projects great, goes on for about 3 hours, I really would say that you can use it for summer/winter and daily use. I would recommend to carry a atomiser and freshen up after a few hours and believe me people will start asking questions on what it is? If you love heavy manly scents maybe this aint for you because of its Lavender note people may find it a bit feminine. I would definitely recommend for using it on dates and special occasions plus it is well worth the money you pay. I would be checking out the CUBA range & will be purchasing another 100ml in future and a 35ml to carry around and to use on holiday.

Donta3470
Donta3470

When I first saw Cuba Gold at a glance, I just knew it would be high priced due to how nice and agreeable the bottle looks, but its not. I am a cigar smoker, and it takes a grateful palate to really aprreciate Cuba Gold's slight rough aura. It has a truly lasting tree/woodsy covered scent. I really enjoy how subtle, but yet noticable enought for compliments, the main notes are.

weppy
weppy

I'd been reading so many good reviews on the Cuba line so, I picked up a bottle of Cuba Gold and Cuba Prestige. I paid like, 14 bucks for both of them. I didn't like the Prestige but, I can tolerate the Gold.

Cuba Gold is a fairly good clone of Le Male. It does lack the complexity of Le Male, though. I went with two sprays on the chest, one on the back of the neck. The primary note through the lifespan of this fragrance is powdery vanilla. I did get some tobacco in there and it reminded me of a vanilla cigar.

Through the drydown, I kept saying to myself..."I've smelled this before". It wasn't le Male...It was that old yellow can of Arid Extra Dry that my mom kept in the bathroom years ago.

lee.wok
lee.wok

It smells like Le Male in the first 5 seconds. Afterwards you get a heavy dose of woodsy note. I'm not sure if people around you can tell the difference but I certainly can smelling it off my wrist.

It's also missing the brilliance of Le Male. After smelling this, you'll appreciate your Le Male more.

Frag
Frag

Nowhere near as good as Le Male. Is and smells cheap (not that Le Male smells all that expensive in the first place).

Gamekingz0r1
Gamekingz0r1

Bought Cuba Gold blind based on all the positive reviews. All I can say is this so similar to Le Male it's not even funny. Afcourse the trained nose can smell the difference but most people wont. I give this one a 9/10. Just as good as Le Male but with a much better price!

aucffan1
aucffan1

100% Le Male rip off.. Smells just as good for $10.00 US.. Man I wonder if Le male is pissed..

Now will it last?? I'll let you know in the future..

Wow this is really nice.. If it last I found a new regular...

Edit as of 12-8-2012..

Not as deep in layers as La Male.. La Male has the vanilla and Tonka that really takes it way ahead of Cuba Gold.. Cuba Gold is a great scent, very similar to La Male and last 8-10 hours.. Great deal.

If you asked I would say if you can afford Le Male then buy it over Cuba Gold.. It is better..

Odiee99
Odiee99

This is actually a very good fragrance. Some may avoid this because of the cheap price but you definitely get more than your money's worth. Like everyone says it is similar to Le Male but without the mint and cinnamon. It is not as loud and boisterous. some of the notes must be missing because I get definitely get vanilla and tobacco. Longevity and projection are pretty good. For under $10 you can't complain.

word-doctor
word-doctor

BBBB (Blind Bought Big Bottle) for 7 bucks. I get caramel and actually a little tobacco. A Swisher Sweet vibe. It doesn't develop much of anything else; I certainly don't pick up vetiver notes. This is well blended and a terrific value, but not at all to my taste--too sweet. But it's not especially cloying. If you need one Kraft caramel in your collection, this is risk-free.

Sillage: 5/10

LustandFury
LustandFury

So hard to beat for the price...i mean it's practically free. Very similar to Le Male but instead of being too sweet there is a nice vetiver note that smoothes things out. Really solid and hard to beat for the price.

On a side note. The spray nozzle on these Cuba Paris bottles is first class. One of the best I've ever tried. Should be standard on all fragrance bottles.

kushmo
kushmo

Women love this! And that's all that matters.

hugosb
hugosb

as most of you have said, very Le Male, i just got a 3.3 oz bottle and applied my first spray and i´m not dissapointed at all, i own JPG Le Male Terrible 'cause i like that kind of smell a lot, and yes, i'm thinking of this Cuba Gold for an everyday use and keep my JPG Le Male Terrible for special ocassions.
by the way, i'm not an expert on fragances but don't judge this one for its price, it's pretty decent.

dioradddict
dioradddict

delicious, very good for the price... reminds me too of le male ;-)

sahd0w
sahd0w

My husband wears this. It is the best smelling men's cologne I've ever smelled. I absolutely love it. I can't describe it, because it doesn't smell like any other cologne. He has gotten tons of compliments from other women when we've been out together, haha. An amaaaaazing smell that will leave people wondering about it. If you're sick and tired of those cheap "sporty" and aquatic colognes, try this one.

joneser69
joneser69

Just got this in the mail a few days ago. This is definitely NOT a Le Male rip-off, this was released years before. However Le male seems to be a big improvement over this one. Had good expectations, but just can’t say I love it. Definitely worth more than the 10$ I paid for it, and still a good smelling cologne. But can't say it's that great either.

louiex
louiex

My father has this fragrance and it smells similar to the Le Male by Gaultier. It smells good and would recommend if you're looking for something cheap and affordable!

Nikoteen
Nikoteen

Very good for the price. My father like this too (He is 52.) When I use this I got compliments. That's a little bit strange, because I wear expensive fragrances (50-100$) and I never got a compliment. In my country (Hungary) cuba magnum gold (the 130ml bottle) is approx 9$, so I don't want to search cheaper and better fragrances. :)

kavi
kavi

One of my most complemented.

As someone else must have said, this is Le Male done right. This lasts ridiculously long on my skin (I'm talking about 12+ hours) although Le Male lasts a bit longer. Sillage seems to be above average during the initial 2-3 hours but begins to come much closer to the skin, but it remains to be such a nice smell.

This is what I want from a fragrance, a nice smelling, long lasting, noticeable and garnering lots and lots of complements. Top Class!

riddler
riddler

ayer casualmente compre un cuba gold la verdad mellamo la atención la presentación, el precio de 10 dolares excelente y la verdad el aroma no esta mal espero que sea durable ,por que como perfume para el diario en la oficina creo esta bien.No tiene mayores pretensiones y la verdad que creo que cumple con ese objetivo.

Mooncatt

Alas, the Vetiver turned bad for me. It's still good for others. update Sept 24: I revisited this one, and, other than a smoky topnote that I don't care to wear, the cologne is quite acceptable.

Blutengel
Blutengel

Yes, it smells like Le Male...
No, it doesn't have a top or bottom, just one smell...
But it's a damn good smell! I sprayed it on this morning at 7 AM and at the time of writing it's 9.25 pm and I still smell it. That can't be said for a lot of perfumes that you sometimes pay 5 times more. It doesn't smell cheap at all. And if you count that, you can't go wrong with this one. And I didn't even mention you should get this one below 20 euro for 100ml.
GO GET IT!
:-)

Mooncatt

I'm female, and I would wear this.. It blends well with my skin type. The 'cigar' shaped bottle amuses me, also:)

shamus1
shamus1

This is a great fragrance, and I would pay Le Male prices for it. Yes, this does smell similar to Le Male, but everything is done in a more restrained manner, and is therefore more wearable and versatile than Le Male. It's a better fragrance.

Cuba Gold is a sweet lavender and orange blossom fragrance. It has the same lavender, orange blossom and neroli opening as Le Male, only the lavender is stronger here, resulting in a drier scent. Cuba Gold, thankfully, is less powdery and less sweet than Le Male, another plus. There's a lot less vanilla in Gold, and I can barely smell it. Lastly, unlike Le Male, this has a sweet tobacco note that is very nice.

Whereas Le Male is an okay fragrance, Cuba Gold is an excellent fragrance. Can't beat the price either!

MY RATING: 8.5/10

Guest_tastetherainbow87
Guest_tastetherainbow87

This Cologne is some good stuff to be cheap matter fact this is mu favorite from the Cuba line nope haven't try them all but between gold and red pretty. Much my favorite I have all the classic once red,gold,orange,blue, the gold Cologne stay on my skin the longest so you should give this a try if you like woody smells go with the red :-)

jade blades
jade blades

Yep... is very similar to le male. Nice surprise from this one perfume. very, very cheap and smells even 12 hours later (at least in my skin)

maklaus2013
maklaus2013

Reminds to Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier!

KeithScar
KeithScar

Cuba Paris Gold is a very sexy, pleasant, warm and romantic fragrance that can be worn in the daytime and especially at night. Spray this and women flock to it like bees to honey. Great vanilla jasmin woody spice feel. Underrated and yet very cheap. Got a 3.3 oz from Citi Trends with the deodorant for like 8 bucks. Affordable version of JPG LeMale

There is no clear wood, jasmine, or vetiver note yet there's obviously tonka, so the list of notes is questionable, to put it nicely. At first, there is a kind of synthetic leathery quality, and when that wears off there's a kind of mint/coconut impression. Clearly, there is a powdery fougere element (on the gourmand rather than the herbal side of things). It's simple and rather blended, but smells pleasant enough in a Le Male sort of way. It's certainly good for the price, and some may perceive a tobacco-like quality, though it's mild at best. Projection ("sillage") drops off fairly quickly but it's never really low, and longevity is at least good.

[email protected]
tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

For the price,under $10.00,you can't beat it,projection and longevity are EXCELLENT

mvhooper2
mvhooper2

Well what do we have here?! probably one of the best and only good scents for only $10 (3.4oz). It smells very similar to le male with vanilla, toned down lavender,some interesting spice and even tropical undertones. Very wearable as a casual day scent. This does NOT smell cheap, but the longevity and projection could be a little better on skin, but hey i cant complain for 10 dollars.

spartan
spartan

Wow! Huge bang for the buck here. 10/10 Buy this, its better than la male, I kid you not. Try A side buy side comparison, gold wins every time. It's not as sweet, more masculine. Ripoff or not its better! Huge longevity, cannot believe the inexpensive price. Better than 360 White as well.

jackieee
jackieee

wow theres no diffence to le male and cuba gold i blind foleded 3 poeple made then smell both they all asked what where they gonna smell the second one and why was i giving them the same scent twice !! truth is i gave them first cuba then le male ! no diffrence !!!

rafaeleleniz
rafaeleleniz

Diego: Explain how could it be a Le Male rip off when it was released BEFORE Le Male.
On the contrary, Le Male is a rip-off of Cuba Gold!!!!!

Guest_haborym26
Guest_haborym26

yes,this is really excellent and elegant fragrance,especially its drydown.very "Lemale" but less sweet and darker with tobacco.for this prize superb.longevity is highly above average and projection too.

RobbieX

Cuba Gold is really excellent and it has it's own character. A strong lavender opening then changes to a vanilla. Finally a rich/spicy/tobacco/marzipan drydown and quite floral. (Incidentally, the drydown reminds me a little of a cross between Pi by Givenchy and Au Masculin by LL). It is close to Le Male but if you do a simultaneous comparison, there is a difference, well, on me anyway. Staying power is good and sillage is great. In my opinion, this is an oriental woody. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is a cheapo fragrance, it is not. Already had complements about this. This was a blind buy and I was pleasantly surprised. Cuba Gold is a gorgeous and very masculine scent - a real gem!

frantz.louverture
frantz.louverture

It's true , cuba is just like le male.

Guest_Kharnak
Guest_Kharnak

I see lots of Comparisons to Le Male, and....... I'm surprised i didn't see it! it's Extreeeemely similar. but Cuba Gold is a little more powdery and simpler. To me, it's a sweet powdery Vanilla. but then, Le Male was also intended to be simple, clean, yet, still masculine... And it kinda does have that same Curiously Sweet Animal mustiness in the very end, as Le Male does.
Generates random compliments either way.
It's not as strong as i'd like... but Apparently it DOES project. My mom said she smelled it all the way outside the house.
At these prices i spray it Liberally, and everyone seems like it.

Labaloo

Very Le Male... ish. I actually like it better than LM as it's a touch more masculine... less orris, jasmine- those feminine aspects of LM that make it hard to wear at times (especially when it was first released- LM was totally unlike all of its contemporary hyper-butch powerhouses) are less-prominent here- Cuba Gold is all man, with a good dose of sweaty cumin and clary sage laid over the tonka. It's also much like YSL Body Kouros, Bvlgari Black, Joop! Homme, Givenchy 'Pi', and Odori Tabacco- that kind of tonka/coumarin-heavy vibe which LM also shares. Very pleasant, and always gets compliments- more from women than men, I've found. Lasts 24+ hours on me, sillage of about 5-6' (1.5-2m)- use somewhat-sparingly for best effect.

mad1910
mad1910

Sorry guys but I hate this perfume. It's soooooooo strong that I coundn't wear it. It's extremely sweet and synthetic. Awful :S

jooligan
jooligan

Cuba Gold is a strange scent. If you see a fragrance called "Cuba" in a cigar shaped bottle, you must expect a minimum of the "cuban cliché": toasted tobacco, old cigars or something related with that country. But no. What you got is basically a very (I mean V-E-R-Y) sweet and powdery fragrance. No tobacco, no cigar smell, even not a "revolutionary" smell. None of that.
In the top, you got a blast of bergamot with lavender and something very sweet in the background (like vanilla or tonka bean). This three accords creates a very sweet, powdery and pungent smell that last 2 or 3 hours aprox. Then, the smell calms down a little bit and starts to pump up a very synthetic and strong vanilla and cinnamon(curiously, both not listed in the notes breakdown)that makes this scent smell very suffocating, harsh and headache inducing. This stage stays till the base, moment when you basically get a powdery vanilla smell all over your neck and nothing more.

Sadly, no jasmine, vetiver or woodsy notes were detected, so if you want a complex fragrance, this is not for you. But, if you want a cheap, loud and vanilla based scent for everyday use, got this one.

The bottom line: Off course this fragrance smells a lot like Le Male (take Perry Ellis 360º White and Cuba Gold as "the clone twins" of Le Male) , but without the quality components and without the starting freshness.

The pros: The price (very cheap) and the longevity (6-8 hours)

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

This one is GREAT! This is a very cheap one, yet it almost lasted a whole day.. 24hrs on me... Its a knockoff of le male but if u want to smell like le male everyday, wear this. I use le male on special occasions because it has better projection and longevity.

leecher88
leecher88

i have it and its awful sry guys but dont like it !!

And in my opinion it hasnt similarities to le male

similar scent : joop pour homme

instantjim
instantjim

I have never smelled Le Male, but I've heard it's an expensive rip-off of Cuba Gold. I paid the exorbitant price of $17 for a 100mL EDT, 100mL aftershave and 200mL deodorant of Cuba, so for that price I expected quality! I was not disappointed!

This fragrance is sweet and spicy and lasts a long time - yes, it is linear but so what! It's nice to have at least one fragrance that keeps on the same way as it starts. It lasts 4+ hours on me and has already garnered compliments after only one day's wear.

As another reviewer mentioned the sprayer is of high quality and in my opinion the packaging as a whole is quality (such an improvement over the tacky Le Male).

Guest_vangogh3
Guest_vangogh3

This is just a bad fragrance. One dimensional, synthetic, and poorly blended. The worst of the Cuba Paris fragrance line. Unwearable.

krazyfizzy
krazyfizzy

Sweet smelling decent fragrance.. Prominence of lavender initially n a more pronounced vanilla.. however later on it smells very muddy or earthy on my skin.. overall a good fragrance for a good price.
I'd recommend it for people looking for a decent cheap n everyday perfume.

Ekove
Ekove

Reworking

---//

Presentation: 8.5/10
Uniqueness: 3/10
Value: 9/10
Projection: 6/10
Smell: 6/10

Overall: 7/10

i bought this for my boyfriend. i love it and he loves it. i smell tobacco right away, then a musky jasmine. smells stronger in the bottle. its such a softly sweet, powdery musk on him. its different than what he usually wears and easily one of my favorites. love the bottle and cannister it comes in too.

zecheiroso

Sillage ***
Heart ****
Base *****
Final score ***

Cheapo that can fool most people.

The good
Very cheap, it's laughable even. Then again, the margins on perfumery are nothing short of outrageous.
It smells like the transition of Le Male's heart into its base. Good, good stuff.
There's a hint of tobacco at the beginning.

The bad
Low durability and sillage compared to its muse but still extraordinary for the price tag.

The ugly
It's got the critical weakness of having no development, nor top notes. It plays the same accord over and over for 4h.
I'd be ashamed if I were caught wearing this too, hah.

I'm considering purchasing it for those rare occasions I might need Le Male. For that price, it's highway robbery.

guest_Melvin
guest_Melvin

Hi I am from Nicaragua just bought this one yesterday I got a 100ml bottle for 7 dollars great deal I own Le male comparing prices my le male 75ml Bottle cost 80 dollars so Cuba Gold is a great deal if you want to try Le Male and do not have the money to buy JPG Le Male as it for me I think Cuba Gold is a less complex clone of JPG Le Male.

robg303
robg303

I agree with these guys..yeah it's strikingly similar to Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male but less complex, also more jasmine/powdery than Le Male and Cuba Orange, which is also similar. It fades fast like the other Cubas though and should be re-applied often.

gmmcnair
gmmcnair

DEFINITELY a Le Male knockoff, and a well done one at that. It's sweet and pleasant, and longevity is decent as well. This one and Perry Ellis 360 White are just about the best of the knockoffs now that Javari by The Body Shop has been discontinued. I like the price on this one; you can easily find a 3.3 oz bottle for under ten dollars if you look.

PieRat
PieRat

Wow, this is Le male. That is the first thing that jumps out at me. I cannot comment on longevity and drydown yet, but will edit this when I have a better idea. So far I am comparing this to a sample of le male. At first I swear I cannot tell the difference blind folded. Though I am sure a more experienced person could. I do not own Le male and this is just from a sample sprayed on a scent card.

If you want Le male, but do not want the price pick up this fragrance!

guest_Flamboyant
guest_Flamboyant

Another Le Male ripoff. If you like Le Male, you may like this. It's a little bit watered down version of the Gaultier scent, but still pretty good for the price.