Designers » C » Woody Spicy « Groups

Cuba Orange Cuba Paris for men

Cuba Orange Cuba Paris for men
dislike

Cuba Orange Cuba Paris for men Pictures Cuba Orange Cuba Paris for men Pictures

Cuba Orange is a lively spicy fragrance for men, blending jasmine, cedar and sandalwood with masculine spices. Available as 35 and 100 ml EDT.

Jasmine Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Spices

gtabasso

sweet orange bubblegum

jack.cloutier
jack.cloutier

Opens with a sweet synthetic orange - almost like orange candy, with sandalwood and a hint of cedar underpinning. After it dries down, the sandalwood becomes more pronounced than the sweet orange,although the orange is still there. The sillage never exceeds arm's length upon initial application, and it drops off from there, becoming a skin scent after about six hours. Overall, it smells good; a warm scent, but I can't really see anyone over 30 wearing this. This is one more fragrance that proves that you don't have to drop hundreds of dollars to smell good.

AlexFox
AlexFox

Orange, a great name for a great cologne and yet it is a misnomer to say the least. You will get a spicy blast of orange when you spray this on and that is the scent that will come through from start to end. Although the spice is obviously spice, the orange is brought to you by jasmine. The mixing job on this one did well to combine things so as to bring out a deep citrus scent

The cedar and sandalwood really bring things together as these scents hit strong so as to take would otherwise be a more feminine smell into something that is very wood like and masculine. This is a scent best suited for comfortable evenings. It's dark yet inviting, it's very much a great cologne that may not be an absolute showstopper but by no means will people not enjoy this, that includes you.

My 2 complaints with this is that the longevity suffers with 2-3 hours being the peak time I get on as is typical with Cuba scents. in the same time, this really sticks to your skin so you may still have a lingering scent when very close for and hour or two more. Second would be with the opening of this cologne, it starts bad in my opinion but it takes little time before the dry down kicks in.

Overall this is an amazing scent for the price that should not be overlooked, if not for the poor longevity this would be top notch. And yes, it smells just like Dunhill Desire.

Pianopolice
Pianopolice

It is somewhere between Hugo Boss, and Dunhill Desire.I personally would buy Cuba Orange instead of those two because of its cheap price and high quality of juice.

MrBumblepants
MrBumblepants

I got a multi pack of these Cuba scents with different color/fragrances included. I had already had the Gold version and thought it was okay. I didn't really care for any of the others in that particular set.

This Orange one to me smelled like orange soda. Nice scent that brings back childhood memories, just not sure I'd wanna smell like an orange soda all day. So I got rid of it along with the other bottles.

But if you like that sort of sweet soda fragrance then give it a try. It's a cheapie for sure.

Br'eauDeCologne
Br'eauDeCologne

Masculine 'Dubble Bubble' bubble gum with a faint musky vanilla hovering in the background. Oddly, I like it ... but I could see where this may be cloying for some.

Try before you buy. Although this is a subtle scent and longevity is pretty brief, go easy on the trigger in order to avoid that cloying thing at the outset.

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

I have many, mayhaps too many, perfumes. I have many of the grand classics for women and men both expensive and inexpensive. I wear them and no one says boo. I put on this cheap (about $4 USD) and obscure little number and get compliments like crazy; go figure.

Cuba Orange is not daring, exciting, artistic, ironic, or hip. It doesn't set the perfume world on fire. Nevertheless, it just smells good. Bear in mind, it leans on the powdery side (at least it did on me) but is also spicy and woodsy, really nice stuff. Objectively, I would say, "I like this" I don't love or hate this but I think that is Orange's appeal - it just smells good, other people like smelling it, and it has great longevity and sillage. Can't go wrong with that.

romansandals
romansandals

Great fragrance for the price. Smells like orange blossom soap... very clean and long-lasting.

lynwood234
lynwood234

It is alfred dunhill desire aftershave.

jerrod.young.12
jerrod.young.12

I got this cologne back in 2010, I really enjoyed wearing it, I still have the bottle, recently tried to push some juice out of it, got about 3 sprays lol, longevity lasts about 7-8 hours strong and even lingers into the next day, it smells very masculine, so i disagree with one reviewer saying it's feminine...I would definitely buy it again, it's been long over due.

gr8daddyg
gr8daddyg

A boozy, sweet tobacco smell. Reminds me a bit of the spiciness of CK Obsession. I was given a set of four; Blue, Brown, Red and Orange and this one was my favorite. Brown was too sweet, Red was too peppery, and Blue was a generic aquatic in the line of CK1, which I've always hated. It's the size of a large cigar and fits in my bag, which I use on the go and it has a nice scent that draws many compliments.

TheNewEra
TheNewEra

Pros:
-Clean smelling
-Not to strong smelling
-Very cheap (9$ a bottle approx)

Cons:
-Does not smell of much citrus
-Does not smell truly of an orange
-Its much to light for anybody who isn't on you or extremely close to you to appreciate
-Smells more like generic bathroom cleaner
-Doesn't hit a huge impression besides "Meh..."
-Doesn't make a statement nor does it smell like a signature scent

Do not get me wrong about Cuba series cologne, it is my favourite. This was one I was hoping would blow me away but instead it just reminded me of fake generic orange scented bathroom cleaner (possibly because it just overly smells like alcohol and slightly makes me sick). The true essence of citrus or orange is not present and the smell is much to light. I was hoping it would be better but it was only 9$ so I can't really complain that it doesn't live up to the price. However it is not worthy to be a signature scent and may be better suited for a younger, tight budgeted person, rather than somebody who older and may be able to acquire other colognes. As I said earlier it smells like generic bathroom cleaner to me and that is where it is now, in my bathroom as a masking spray.

[email protected]
peeck@charter.net

I just figured it out... aside from the orange floral notes that make this fragrance so different, it is the spicy tobacco rum boozy notes that made me crazy about Tommy Bahama Original! If you liked this one you will love CUBA ORANGE!

Update: I know I must be crazy but I do love this cheap $9 cologne... If you have this Cuba Orange and want to try something different here is an idea. I have been layering it with Versace Dreamer, 24 Gold, LaMale, and Cuba Gold. Not to disrespect these well done fragrances! But, have got some nice compliments on these configurations. So call me CRAZY...

[email protected]
peeck@charter.net

I have 9 now out of the Cuba line-up and I keep going back to this one! The Cuba Orange just makes me happy!
I keep smelling my self, I kinda smile when I get a whiff lingering from my wrist while working... I get the Orange vibe you get while eating an Orange Creamsicle. Its the Orange that makes it taste so good, mixed with the ice cream. In this fragrance its the Orange floral that makes the smooth spicy cigar background come to life! This may sound childish, but its not! You still have the masculine sweet tobacco mixed with the cedar and wood to pull it off. This is one of the most interesting fragrances that I have smelled as of yet. I don't know if its simple or complex except everything compliments itself here. It definitely is a niche. I give this one a A+

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

This is the essence of clean. This reminds me of having on clean clothes straight from the dryer and relaxing in a very clean house. It's definitely not a cologny type of fragrance. Super clean and just under the radar. Perfect!

Chacka
Chacka

yes, this cologne is pretty similar to dunhill desire, but not entirely. as robbie said, there is something about Cuba Orange that makes it its own scent. There is more of a musk in it as it dries down, something you dont find in desire. Smells pretty bomb. 8/10

Cuba orange is also a very good buy. I got this from amazon for only 6 bucks and it was worth every cent and more.

This cologne is decent quality, surprisingly strong longevity, smells good, and great projection. Can be smelled from about arm length. But don't spray too much or else you will become a bit nauseous (dead serious)

I recommend this product to those you have a few dollars laying around.

P.S.
If you want dunhill desire but dont have the cash, you should get this. STAY AWAY FROM ITS IMITATION "YACHTMAN RED".
Terrible quality cologne.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Ok this Cologne is a nice orange spice first when I put this on me it was light remind me of a orange soda in a good way :-) so today I put some of this Cologne on kinda over do it well I did over do it ok LOL I put to much gave me a headache lesson learned don't put to much on because it's a light Cologne doesn't mean it doesn't have that power to get lord :-( don't sleep on this one but I like red,gold one just a little better.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Cuba Orange is a great a highly underrated fragrance that has excellent longevity and a very cheap price. Has a warm spicy woodsy sweet smell that keeps the ladies guessing and buzzing bout what u have on. Got this a 1.7oz 4pack with Cuba Blue Gold and Red for 10 bucks at Citi Trends of all places. Two thumbs up

dmorrisjr
dmorrisjr

I just got this in the 4 pack Cuba gift set for $9.99 at Ross. I love it. Smells just like Dunhill Desire (maybe better) but for about $2.50. Can't beat that! I'm not so sure how I feel about the other 3 cigars yet.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Cuba Orange is lovely. Yes, it is a bit similar to Dunhill Red Desire but there is something else in the background that makes it different, with it's own character. This reminds me of Minotaure more. Distinctive tobacco, vanilla and some yuzu or orange are, maybe, in there too. Lasting power is amazing and sillage is very good. Overall, a sweet, woody, spicy, fruity scent, with some slight smokiness in the drydown. I love the Cuba range, and this one is one the the best. This is a gorgeous long lasting fragrance, and very underrated especially considering the price.

maklaus2013
maklaus2013

Reminds to Desire for a men by Alfred Dunhill!

Labaloo
Labaloo

This is one of the few of the Cuba line that I don't especially like. The base of woods, amber, and tobacco is nice, top notes of citrus; its the heart of synthetic jasmine and aldehydes that I don't care for- gave me a bit of a headache.

I'd say this is closest to Rochas Lui. It doesn't have the strong rose and patchouli of Dunhill Desire for Men (red), and I think CO is actually more "natural" smelling than the Dunhill. CO isn't as "old" smelling as Rochas Lui, perhaps due to less neroli (or lower qualily). CO also isn't as "dirty" smelling as RL. In any case, these Cuba ones usually just go quickly into the base, which is probably for the best. CO's base is incredibly good for the money. It's a woody vanilla with some other things kicking around that keep it interesting. I don't get much herb, spice or "powder," but it has enough richness not to feel bare or juvenile. I'd say this is good for casual or romantic situations, though since it's not that strong it could be okay for office/school if used in moderation. It's probably not strong enough for partying, though it might be if you used a lot. I've tried at least five Cubas and I'd say this is by far the best, though if you want something similar to Le Male, get Cuba Gold. Cuba Green is okay, but in the Escape for Men direction, which I don't care for. Some have said CO's top notes smell like plastic, so I guess it's a good thing that I try to avoid top notes!

maiker
maiker

LOVE YOU CUBA ORANGE

Out of all the cuba perfume, i love this one the most. is really nice smell. it easy to wear. and all age can use it,

durability: 9 to 12 hours

George B.
George B.

Ok…I got this and Cuba Blue at Perfumania on sale – 2 For $8.00. At least for me, this is a different smell than what I am used to (but not in a bad way). It is definitely “orangey”, there’s no doubt. But, so far, I have received nothing but compliments from my coworkers.

The woodsy smells are subtle and the orange is dominant, but it reminds me more of an “old timey” cologne that was considered “too wild” for it’s time. It’s not that harsh “old man” cologne, but it definitely does not smell as if it was created in the past 50 years. Compared to today’s lines of cologne, it just doesn’t stand out. There is nothing groundbreaking or original about it.

However, at $4 a pop, these are great to keep in your car to add that little kick when you need it when running to the bank, grocery shopping, running errands, etc. It won’t impress, but it won’t disappoint either. Did I mention that it was $4????

robg303
robg303

Well, this is my first review, being new to the "Fragrantica" community. I'm wearing Cuba Orange today as it was a gift from a co-worker.

The 1st thing that strikes me is the lack of woody-ness, given that sandalwood and cedar are listed in the notes. The spices are very, very subtle. What it is though, is fresh, almost orange floral. It reminds me of a very weak version of Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male.

Funny, that gmmcnair said it would be something nice to get for a kid... as this morning I went to my bank and when I was in line, a boy standing in line behind me, with his father said.."Dad, it smells like Orange Juice in here". So there it is then.. "watered down orange juice" with a touch of fake jasmine".

gmmcnair
gmmcnair

The fragrance notes above describe it perfectly. It is an adequately done fragrance, inoffensive if not outstanding, longevity is bad but it's cheap and easy to reapply.

There really isn't much else to say about it. As close to a generic fragrance as you're going to get. Maybe something to get a kid who wants to smell good.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Cuba Paris Cuba Orange fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Cuba Paris Cuba Orange, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cuba Orange by Cuba Paris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cuba Orange by Cuba Paris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.