Designers » C » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Frankincense and Myrrh Czech & Speake for women and men

Frankincense and Myrrh Czech & Speake for women and men
dislike

smoky
Frankincense and Myrrh Czech & Speake for women and men Pictures Frankincense and Myrrh Czech & Speake for women and men Pictures

Frankincense and Myrrh was inspired both by the rich colours and exotic smells of the orient. The packaging has an intricate design reminiscent of the screens in Arabic temples, including two huge golden amphores which would contain precious oils flanking the entrance and an oil burner on the floor gently fragrancing the temple.

Available in 100ml Cologne. Introduced in

Amalfi Lemon Orange Bitter Orange Basil Clary Sage

Myrrh Chamomile Paprika Woodsy Notes

Olibanum Lavender Virginia Cedar Sandalwood

Frankincense and Myrrh Fragrance Reviews

Vehrkalia
Vehrkalia

Is that a mainly male scent or is it good for women too?

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A totally respectful and honest British-Oriental classy cologne. Vibrant, dense, resinous and balsamic olibanum, rich and aromatic, with nuances ranging from woody (sandalwood) to spicy (cumin) to zesty (citrus) and to ambery. I also detect a light but warm and tasty floral accord, perhaps comprising lavender and carnation. The name (I do love those self-explanatory names!) quite fits the scent, you can imagine how it can smell like, and Czech & Speake as usual won't disappoint you, with their classic sense of elegance and their rigorous care for quality. On the very base lies a subtle, warm accord of amber and oak moss, gentle and restrained, providing just the right amount of Oriental earthiness. Among nowadays incense scents, which are sadly too often just an overdose of Iso E, this one makes some remarkable efforts to "elaborate" the theme, delivering a mystical, dense, colourful and multi-faceted olibanum-resinous accord (not implying it does not contain aromachemicals, but at least it does not smell like something any of us can make at home with a starter's kit from Perfumer's Apprentice). Honest, cozy, fascinating and refined!

7,5-8/10

Edit: my review is based on the current version, which is the pale shadow of the spicy lavender-myrrh bomb Frankincense & Myrrh once was (you can still find the vintage bottles here and there).

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on their sample. Reminds me a bit of Epic Man by Amouage. Below average projection and moderate longevity on my skin.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Frankincense and Myrrh does not live up to its name. It opens mainly with lemon and lavender. Even tough the Frankincense/Myrrh combination is there I find the woods to be equally strong.

For my tastes it is a bit too mass appealing and not interesting enough.

I'd grade it B-

mendwillie
mendwillie

Excellent mixture of myrrh and frankincense that leaves her well-balanced not only enjoying it appears that the lavender mixture of oriental notes. But the fragrance does not disappoint.

I classify it thus:
Smell: 8/10
Projection: 5.5/10
Longevity: 6.5/10

This is not at all what I was expecting! I was wearing Creed Jasmin Impératrice Eugénie last night, so naturally this morning I was looking around for a rich oriental to segue into. Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh is not really that at all! I was thinking that this would be, well, a spicy oriental with a Christmastime vibe. So it just goes to show you that the names do build expectations up quite a lot...

What did I find? To my nose, the lavender is up front and center, as are the herbs: basil and clary sage are listed in the note pyramid, and to me they are far more dominant than the frankincense and myrrh and olibanum (also listed among the notes). The wood (cedar is listed) smells natural, not like aromachemicals, so this may even be the original recipe from 1984.

What a surprise: this is a powerful woody aromatic cologne! Smells good and natural and I'd definitely recommend it to gents. For myself, this is more of a warm weather scent. Quite likeable, despite defying all of my expectations. The longevity is very good thanks to the substantial basenotes to which the aromatics are able to cling.

Myratas
Myratas

My very first frangrance was Frankincense and Myrrh and that was during my teenage years. It was a start to develop a passion for frangrances, I come a long way but I can never forget my first perfume.

The first time I saw Frankincense and Myrrh laying on a perfume shop shelf I expected a dark, bold and meditative composition a-là Avignon, but then I tested it...

The main ingredients mentioned in the fragrance name are concocted to a classic musky/citrus cologne with a result that while is not particularly outstanding is still pretty enjoyable and pleasant. If you're looking for your first frankincense/myrrh composition there're many better options out there, but considering this was originally rleased in 1984 and it's still one of the few citrus-frankincense-myrrh combo on the market, it definitely deserves a good rating. Very Nice.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

One of your better late autumn/early winter fragrances. Note separation is suprisingly good, considering this is a fragrance from a house that, well, doesn't specialize in fragrance. The title ingredients are on display, haloed in kitchen spices and subtle woods. It's all very bright, masculine, and festive smelling. Try it around the holiday season. It's not a bad one in the least, although I wouldn't spring for a bottle myself. Perhaps if there was a bit more lavender in the composition, I would consider it, but as it stands, it's a little flat. It goes to show that even with high-grade ingredients and careful blending, this type of scent can come across as uninspiring if nothing makes it sparkle. This fragrance smells as though it takes itself a little too literally, but that might be exactly what Czech & Speake fans want.

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

Well for starters I don't associate this with Christmas! Having said that I will concede that this is a fabulous winter snuggle-scent.

Soft, snuggly and smokey with a refined powdery drydown that reminds me a little of lavender and chamomile baby talc mixed with some (and I mean this positively!)past-its-use-by-date dried sage that you might find in the back of the kitchen cupboard. I find very little citrus here which is surprising as lemon notes usually project loudly on my skin. The frankincense is very enjoyable and never tips over into that slightly medicinal smell.

Sillage is discreet, I find this one wears quite close to the skin, but my oh my, it's special. Again and again I find myself raising my wrist to my nose.

A cold winters night with a crackling fire, a slightly rough tartan wool blanket and a hot toddy. Oh yes. A full bottle is calling....

Riccardo
Riccardo

Now that I joined Fragrantica I re-post my review of Frankincense and Myrrh by Czech & Speake.

I'm not into citrusy fragrances, and I love oriental and resins-based scents. The persistence is not so good on my skin, but this fragrance represents for me a valid alternative for summer to citrusy fragrances.

guest_Riccardo
guest_Riccardo

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Czech & Speake Frankincense and Myrrh fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Czech & Speake Frankincense and Myrrh, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Frankincense and Myrrh by Czech & Speake. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Frankincense and Myrrh by Czech & Speake represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.