Designers » D E » Floral Green « Groups

Tilleul D`Orsay for women
dislike

honey
Tilleul D`Orsay for women Pictures

Tilleul is a fragrance of youth and fairy spring forest. This perfume is as intoxicating as youth and young trees in spring. The gentle Tilleul or linden takes you back to spring, no matter which season is now. You feel like you are standing under a tree on which small, green, sticky leaves are growing and spring is flourishing around you and inside you. The top notes include lemon blossom and watermelon. The heart contains cyclamen and linden blossom. The base includes acacia tree, bee wax and hay. The perfume was created in 1915 and was reformulated by Olivia Giacobetti in 2008.

Petitgrain Angelica Watermelon

Tilleul Friction de Nuit

Tilleul Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

splendido profumo che imbottiglia quei giorni di primavera inoltrata in cui i tigli riempiono l'aria del loro odore intossicante. a quella proponderante sensazione si aggiunge un po' di fieno, poi un tocco di anguria. l'effetto complessivo è, non esuberante, ma delicatamente primaverile e fresco, come una serata ventosa di fine maggio. anche stavolta mi piace un floreale di olivia giacobetti. ottimo.
PS ricorda un po' il tiglio dell'erbolario.

sunnyinphilly
sunnyinphilly

I know this one is with linden blossom and Frederic malle's en passant is with lilac, but they both are so familiar. They have the same creamy base which i completely love.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Sophisticated light soft floral/herbal, quality ingredients that make this perfume last. Love it, very recommended for any season. It has a touch of sweetness, very well blended, presence of some soft herbs may be angelica gives it interesting edge.

afalkvidd
afalkvidd

During spring walks in the city I constantly walked through lovely, fragrant clouds of what I soon found out was linden trees in bloom. I must have this as a perfume and wear it, I thought! So with the help of this excellent website I hunted down D'Orsay's "Tilleul" as the best bet, and I was lucky enough to find it in ONE shop in my city (Sweden's second biggest city..). Yay!

Tilleul certainly delivers linden blossom, and generously. On me the only note that I notice is the linden blossom, which is what I wanted (I didn't notice any watermelon whatsoever). It stays on for a long time as well, in my experience. It's an unusual scent, several people have asked me about my perfume when I've been wearing it and wondered about it.

Might not be for everyone, but I love it and it's a pleasure to put this scent on when spring arrives.

Fava Beans
Fava Beans

My first review! I used to wear this for a summer perfume. It is lovely. I don't have a lot of experience describing scents, but I would say that the linden was very true to the smell of the tree blossoms (which I love). There was also a bit of a new hay smell and kind of a honey note. It smelled expensive and grown up, never cheap or cheesy.

I eventually sold the rest of my Tilleul because I got tired of it and because there was a citrus-y note that would sometimes be very subtle but would other times turn sour on my skin.

lilalina
lilalina

Wow, i'm very impressed by this, it's gorgeous.. This smells like a spring sunny day. It reminds me slightly of L'Artisan's Jour de Fête, the dry sweetness..

mutmiu
mutmiu

Sweet, simple, serene linden blossom fragrance, a very naturalistic and romantic rendition of the linden's lovely scent. A true Giacobetti masterpiece. :-)

greatbitch

By the way,there's no honey in it,no sweet,no cloying,no sticky.JUST sheer and ethereal!

greatbitch

I just ordered a 100ml bottle half a month ago and then I found it smells exactly familiar to "ete en douce"(L'artisan perfumuer).Then I find out that both of them are made by Olivia.....
Natural,fresh,I really smell grass/hay in there.It suits for some lazy afternoon,laying on chair taking a nap,tender breeze slightly blowing the skirt....
I really LOVE it!(Of course I love "Ete en Douce" too!)

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I just ordered a decant and can't wait to try it! I love Eau de Ciel but as others have noted its becoming very difficult to find, and the EDT version is all I've been able to get, the EDP is impossible to find. Since the notes of Tilleul are very similar I'm hoping that this might be able to replace it.
UPDATE: I just received my decant, and what an exquisite fragrance this is! It's like sitting in a meadow under a blossoming linden tree with wildflowers everywhere, and a soft breeze bringing the scent of fresh cut hay. It's a wonderful place to be, especially in the midst of this cold and snowy New England winter! It does bear a strong resemblance to AG L'Eau de Ciel, but I think I might like this a little more. I'll have to start saving up for a FB once my decant is gone!

thomasrainy
thomasrainy

By far the most gorgeous nature smell scent!!! I am in love with it, amazing! Real and beautiful :)

PerfectFloral
PerfectFloral

An old perfume, clearly based on high quality natural ingredients. The domineering Linden blossom scent is true to life. Not very long-lasting, I guess it's a compromise for such nice non-synthetic scent. Noble and chic, promotes sense of well-being.

My skin don't get along with citrus-notes, they often turn very male'ish on me. here I found a true beauty! Fresh, crispy and superfeminine scent - perfect for summerdays. I totally fell in love with Tilleul after just wearing it a short time. So if you can't wear strong citrusfresh scents - try this one.
The Lime Linden-note is gorgeous! fresh, green, crispy and on me - with a small airy hint of sweet Mimosa. I will hunt down several parfum's that contain Lime Linden - a new favourite fragrance-note.

Min hud gillar inte citrus-noter, de blir oftast manliga på mig. Här har jag hittat en riktig skatt! En fräsch, krispig och superkvinnlig doft - perfekt för varma sommardagar. Jag har fallit som en sten för Tilleul, bara efter att ha haft den på mig en liten stund. Så om du har problem med citrusstarka dofter så prova denna.
Lindenblomme-noten är helt underbar! fräsch, grön, krispig och på mig - en svag luftig aning om Mimosa. Jag kommer att jaga fler dofter som har Linblomma - en ny favorit-not hos mig.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Linden blossom is an ingredient in some of my very favorite fragrances, particularly in Eau du Ciel - which is very expensive and extremely difficult to find now. Several people mentioned that this fragrance smells very similar to Eau du Ciel... so on their recommendations, I found a sample online and I'm trying that now.

Yes, this definitely has the beautiful linden flower smell and is hitting me in a way that is very similar to Eau du Ciel. I will have to see how this wears before making a final decision on it... but so far - it is definitely reminding me of Eau du Ciel!

----------

This was absolutely FABULOUS on... but only lasted a couple or three hours on my skin. Is this worth it? Absolutely, but just make sure that you have a refresher spray in your purse to reapply.

moly
moly

Wonderful, natural scent of linden blossom. A bit of beeswax adds to this natural feeling, as linden blossom contains this lovely honey smell. I am in love with this scent, this is so natural and beautiful.

Lovely honeyed hay and green linden scent.Spring in a bottle for me. Very pretty and effortless.

liat
liat

It's very polite and calm. Tilleul starts very flowery and fresh, so on first sniff I felt it was no less than amazing!
Later, however, came the drydown and it wasn't as amazing anymore. It grew tired, heavier on the flowers and much less on its fresh notes.

So bottom line, I love love love the lovely start but not as fond of the annoying drydown.

hellkat
hellkat

I was not fond of this scent. The immediate top note was too flowery for me and reminded me of Zoflora (a floral disinfectant here in the UK). I was disappointed, as I was hoping for the watermelon, which did not come through for me at all.

yvonnejo
yvonnejo

I love this fragrance! It smells clean and fresh at first. Just like walking under the tilleul trees while the winds blow the little flowers down. But it turns to sweet then and really reminds me of Paul &Joe's Blanc..

lmonaldi
lmonaldi

I love Tilleul. I'm extremely picky about fragrance, and the only one I loved and wore was Eau De Noho by Bond, but it's cost prohibitive. After reading alot of reviews on what perfume might be similar, and comparing notes on several Linden based fragrances, I crossed my fingers and ordered Tilleul, which is risky because you can only tell so much by reading about notes, etc.. It turned out to be a great decision. I think this is better than EDN, a little fresher, it's a clean floral that I'll never tire of. I get some hay when I initially spray it, but that fades really quickly, which I'm happy about. It reminds me of spring and summer, picnics in meadows, lazy days in the sun. It's casual and exquisite at the same time. Very easy to wear. I've found a new favorite!

Fiberliza
Fiberliza

I love this scent. It reminds me of early summer. If they could bottle a scent that smells like fresh tennis balls out of the can, and this perfume, I would be in heaven.

mirunacatowl
mirunacatowl

I allways loved linden blossom also as tea. It is the love tree in the Romanian poetry and in my home city there are lots of linden trees and especially one is UNESCO protected, as it was used by our national poet to write his love hymnes under it.
So, as I am transplanted to Northern Germany, where summer cold rain washes often blossom smells away, I was really delighted to find this very well done perfume. IT'S LINDEN BLOSSOM SCENT PURE. And I say everything with this (warm summer, love,but also cold winter with a hot cup of linden tea).
By the way, I met my boyfriend in a warm summer in Middle Germany, where my beloved scent and our love developed wonderfully...

talnyc
talnyc

I love Linden Blossom trees when they bloom in the Spring/Summer. It is an amazing scent. I truly love this clean floral scent. The D'Orsay Tilleul, is the only fragrance that I have tried that comes close to the actual blooming tree.

The Jo Malone Lime Blossom fragrance does not even come close to this scent. Again, if I am walking through Central Park, or down my street, where there are Linden Trees blooming, the D'Orsay fragrance matches that scent is beautiful to wear.

I have also tried the L'Artisian scent that has Linden notes and it does not come close to the actual tree.

Let me know what you think, but this is the best. D'Orsay also make this scent in a large body splash bottle to apply liberally all over your body for the summertime heat.

Nilo
Nilo

Yes, it's a spring/summer fragrence indeed. But I need it in autumn/winter, when I miss the smell of linden blossoms, even though I don't like the opening with watermelone note. It disappears on my skin after about half an hour, otherwise I would not be able to wear this fragrence. Tilleul is a gorgeous scent. I love love love it.

pansylady
pansylady

This is an incredible summer fragrance! Warm,sweet linden dominates, while hay and honey notes are clearly perceptible in their supportive roles-
A nice thing about this fragrance- the warmer you are, the more it blossoms-

(Poizan- I got my sample from an online decant supplier called The Posh Peasant that I found on Google.)

RoseLover
RoseLover

Yes, Lorenna.
It is suitable for spring-summer really.
I love this one and own a bottle.
In white, yellow and so bright, unsuitable for the darkness.
I wear this only on a sunny day.

Lorenna
Lorenna

Indeed lovely,it is my favourite.It's so fresh and inocent...I find it more suitable for late spring-early summer.

Oh, this is lovely! A totally feminine, serene, pleasurable scent to wear and feel good! It is also very elegant, never on the cheap edge, very natural smelling. It's a fragrance for all moments, especially nice in spring and summer as a refined daytime scent. If you wear this you will walk among linden trees and feel careless!
Sillage is average and lasting power very good.
The Friction de Nuit is also very nice!

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Tilleul is a spring/summer dream in white! I can smell the linden but also some fresh white lily (I know its not in here but it smells a bit like it)and the mouthwatering melon in the beginning.Later on it gets soft and clean and like fresh mountain hay... very lovely scent and also in my Top10..special also because i never smelled anything like fresh linden-hay before! great one

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

I find Tilleul weird for my tastes,I believe that the note of water melon,angelica and cyclamen do not blend good.The green ingredients and the flowers gives a result more like a toilet freshener.

rebella
rebella

This is one of my absolute favorite late winter/early spring scents. It is extremly multi faceted and simple at the same time. I belive in Tilleul when it tells me that linden blossoms smells this way. It has fruity, funny and unexpected water melon notes in the top, usually not a fav for me, but in Tilleul it works. Tilleul is almost magic to me, swirling colors like bright linden green, pale golden yellow, creamy white with baby pink
bows around...

The hay note warms it up in a really nice way in the base note.

A must have for me and a must try for most people interested in really great perfume.

libertybelle
libertybelle

Too much watermelon at the opening touched with a bit of cyclamen. Love to eat watermelon, but don't necessarily want to smell like it. Luckily it settles fairly quickly and the linden comes forward with a bit of greenery too. It's only so so to me. Just a bit too fresh for my tastes. I'd prefer it if it had a warmer base, a bit more linden and less watermelon.

guest_Anastasia
guest_Anastasia

I like it so much! Very nice scent! It is similar to lime blossom, but much deeper scent.

CaraMia
CaraMia

I love this fragtance and was lucky enough to find some at Marshalls!

The linden scent is pure bliss and the cyclamen and locust add to the luscious wood blossom effect.

A stunning scent that evokes summer and warm breezes

Tilleul by D`Orsay 4.32 out of 5 based on 220 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about D`Orsay Tilleul fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about D`Orsay Tilleul, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tilleul by D`Orsay. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tilleul by D`Orsay represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.