Designers » D E » Chypre « Groups

Boston Ivy D.S. & Durga for men

Boston Ivy D.S. & Durga for men
dislike

marine

Boston Ivy is a fragrant memory of the city of Boston in the 80s. Where green moss & ivy grew next to I.R.A. graffiti and fresh clover was salted by the sea. Available as 50 ml Eau de Cologne. Boston Ivy was launched in 2011.

oak moss Clover Ivy Sea water

Boston Ivy Fragrance Reviews

landshark321
landshark321

Boston Ivy is an aquatic with a distinctly minty element that doesn't appear explicitly in the note listing but that I'm guessing is created by the lime mixed with ivy. Definitely a different take on an aquatic, warm weather-leaning scent, this pairing yields a fairly unisex combination that I think some will like and some will hate. This surely isn't a universal winner, and not a winner by individual taste as well, as that minty element is not something that's terribly palatable at any time of year. There is a herbier side to this in the dry down, especially, likely brought about by the galbanum and oakmoss.

Projection is decent at the opening, but the longevity is relatively weak, and I question the EDP concentration in this case. It wore off on my skin within 3 hours, barely being a skin scent after that.

This isn't one I'll be buying, and it's not unpleasant--the notes just don't blend well for me.

6 out of 10

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

The description up above that says, "Boston Ivy is a fragrant memory of the city of Boston in the 80s. Where green moss & ivy grew next to I.R.A. graffiti and fresh clover was salted by the sea" is really on point. Simple, but effective. Whether the scent came first and the idea later came to fill in the blanks or vice versa I don't know, but the scent does go well with this description.

Mostly I get Boston Ivy and oakmoss, with a slight aquatic note somewhere in the background. Very nice scent. It lasts quite a few hours. Worth the price for a change of pace, I think.

Buysblind
Buysblind

The ivy in Boston Ivy approaches mint with its cooling green sweetness and a crisp, clean air. Beneath it lies the smell of dirt, as if the Ivy has been pulled up from from the ground, shaken off, and a trace of the damp soil remains on its roots. The opening actually reminds me of the opening in Cartier's Roadster, which I like very much. However, Boston Ivy remains mostly linear with its cool, green top while moving gradually in the direction of a soft earthiness with a touch of spice. Roadster goes all over the place and leaves a bit of a chaotic mess in its wake. Anyway, I've really enjoyed Boston Ivy the times I've worn it. There may be a moment or two where a certain mustiness appears in the mix, but it's only the earthy facet developing and soon enough the mustiness disappears and is actually less apparent the more generously the perfume is applied. Projection is quite good--this is one that creeps up on you, so be careful with how much you apply. Longevity is about 6 to 8 hours. I consider this a casual, afternoon fragrance best worn outdoors. Very nice and I'd say almost perfect if you're looking for a naturally green autumnal scent.

elseemoonz
elseemoonz

This is the only "marine" fragrance that has ever inspired warm and positive feelings in me! It smells very much like real, natural salt water, a mighty feat! In fact I've never smelled as wonderful of a salt note. I also pick up clover pretty strongly. The watery notes are so dissimilar from "Cool water" etc., and I couldn't be happier. The initial salty, clover-ish notes last for a few hours and then it fades to a pleasant earthiness, which I'm guessing is oakmoss. A completely unique yet easily likable scent!

michael.j
michael.j

50% Eau de Lierre (Diptyque)
30% Hiris (Hermès)
20% Victrix (Profumum Roma)

Very grassy and mossy. Linear and simple, but cheery and guileless. It's as fresh and green as an English garden after a rain. A tad powdery in the dry-down, quickly losing most of the pungent leafiness of its opening, but still retains some warmer, woody stalks and stems as it matures on the skin. Lacks the dirty earthiness of the vetiver in Victrix and the depth of the ambergris in Eau de Lierre, but that's okay. It's still pretty lovely stuff. Not on my buy list, but a solid effort.

laurenjpop
laurenjpop

SO AMAZING. I sense Violet & ivy on blast dries down cucumber & a little woodier. Fresh & green & purple but i smell dirt. Truly a masterpiece. Nothing completely like it BUT Creed GIT is along the same vein. Man, It is awesome. Perfect Summer scent refreshing & multifaceted.
PS. they have this listed EDT but I have the EDP

PAK
PAK

Right now my favorite cologne! There is nothing else out there like it in my opinion, very unique. A wonderful blend of Ivy, moss and saltiness (the clover listed is not something i am picking up...). This cologne however has all day longevity but with silage that stays close to the skin. A masculine, light bodied, ether(ocean), green super nice scent . I'd suggest you try it first and see if it works for you...

It's got a fresh green, ozonic snap to it with a good dose of salty sea water. Very slight dirtiness from the moss note.

jb.armstrong
jb.armstrong

At first it smells almost similar to insect repellent and then mellows into a cucumber and fresh green grassy smell. Despite this, I somehow love it. It has a very interesting scent like all DS & Durga scents.

parishiltonsiren15
parishiltonsiren15

Really nice, clean frsh fragrance. It is almost similar to Bath & Body Work's Water Blossom Ivy. But, a more masculine version of the scent. I deffinitally pick up on the Sea Water, Ivy & Clover. I don't get too much of a mossy note, but i don't really know what Moss smells like. Lol. Really nice, unique fragrance.

Boston Ivy by D.S. & Durga 3.76 out of 5 based on 46 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about D.S. & Durga Boston Ivy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about D.S. & Durga Boston Ivy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Boston Ivy by D.S. & Durga. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Boston Ivy by D.S. & Durga represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.